I wanna get into the persona games. What’s the best way to play them because I see multiple versions of the same game...

I wanna get into the persona games. What’s the best way to play them because I see multiple versions of the same game. Red pill me.

Attached: 4439AF41-58CA-490B-9A63-BE8B09D28093.jpg (1200x675, 184K)

play persona 3 portable or 5, then go to smt games. dont bother with 4 unless you really like scooby doo tier mystery shit.

>persona 3 portable
ignore this faggot, play persona 3:fes first, then portable if you want to see the story as a girl. then play persona 4: the golden if you have a vita or the other bullshit, normal if you dont. then play persona 5. i played persona 4 first and then 3 and liked 3 much more. persona 4 is worth playing it just has a cheerier tone

>>>>FES
oh yeah i love ruining the ending of the game and aegis fanservice, haha burn my bread am i right? haha

seething tranny

nigger you like persona 4
play a real shen megoomi tensay game

P3: you can play the PSP (portable) version, it has a female main character option but no walking around in town, just menus. You can also choose the FES (correct) version, which gives you no female MC but fixed some social links, lets you walk in town like a normal videogame, and has a playable epilogue
P4: it's either the PS2 version, which is fine or the Vita version which adds new shit but also a shit character, plus you'd have to play ti on the Vita/PSTV
P5: There's a PS3 and PS4 version, obviously the 4 runs better but you can emulate the PS3 version with a decent PC, plus there's an updated version being teased

>i love ruining the ending of the game
P3P did that.

haha dude IM NOT A PRINCESS i love 90% of the game being like a vn too at least im a qt girl :3

>I want to be a bandwagoner faggot and get into this series now that it'll get me le weeaboo rep
Fuck off.

>nigger you like persona 4
>play a real shen megoomi tensay game

Attached: fatdora.jpg (341x446, 17K)

not him tranny

P3 FES. Portable if you really want to play as a girl
P4 either vanilla or Golden. Golden has lots of nice QoL changes and more content, but some of the content has mixed reception or worse.
P5

P3-5 are very iterative in gameplay and QoL changes, so it's hard to go backwards with them. P1 and 2 are good too but they're much different than the modern Persona games, you can try them separately if you want.

This user knows what's up OP

P1P, P2P:IS, P2:EP, read up on the P2P:EP Tatsuya scenario that's never gonna get properly translate patched, P3:FES, P4 Golden, P5:Re
Also Persona Arena Ultimax has the story of the first arena too. They take place between P4 and P5 and have enough world building to be worth smashing out the story mode.
Dont bother with Persona Q it has nothing of importance in it

>”I wanna talk about video games, which one do I play?”
>”fuck off my video game board”

They're all big games, so I would suggest picking one to start with and then playing the rest if you still want more. That being said, I would recommend 5 since it's the most recent, relevant and polished. Then you can go back to 3 (FES) and 4 (Golden).

if you're an ironic weeb play the nu-sona duology of P4 and 5
if you're a patrician play the persona tetralogy of p1 p2is p2ep and p3

ignore these two, p1 and p2 have nothing to do with p3+ besides name only, i like p2 on its own merit but it has nothing to do with p3+ "style" of game that popularized the series (waifus and day to day progression through the year)

its more similar thematically than p4 and 5. The Kirijo-Nanjo group exists and they namedrop and bring up the old characters. P3 fits in more with the real games than 4 and 5.

Attached: dab.png (516x334, 365K)

no, it doesnt.

ok retard

Attached: checkem.png (434x332, 240K)

ok le epic classic anime contrarian guy

Arena's story sucks ass

ok mr Seethe and Cry

Attached: crack.png (1844x1024, 537K)

shut the fuck up faggot, FES is objectively the best way to experience P3 the first time around.
P3P should never be anyone's first run. it's serviceable as a NG+ sort of playthrough if you really give a shit about the halfassed female route

P5 is the best one, just play it. If you like it do 3 and then 4

Half the super science in p3, including Aigis and the Evokers and the machine which made Death XIII were first seen in p1 and p2. And the later games never properly explain what the sea of the soul is since that was a major plot dungeon in p1. P5 assumes you know the significance of the protagonist being a guy named Joker leading a group of masked people trying to bring down what they see as a corrupt society. P3 through 5 assume you know what the blue butterfly signifies. And countless other minor plot details that add up to making the 3d games significantly more interesting and sensical.

blah blah blah directors, my retard

The Answer was average but the improvements it brought to the original game were cool. Fuck you

start with three FES version (you can play the psp game later if you want). than you just play 4 and 5.

boring

Fake nerd boy detected

They need to bring Persona 3 FES to Switch or something holy shit I need to play it but don’t have a snoy console just a switch and Xbox One X

P3Fes with controllable party hack and free camera mod is nice. Currently playing through it now. I didn't really like P3P coming from P5.