The Holy Cross of overrated games

Discuss

Attached: Shit.png (809x965, 751K)

>no bloodborne
years of circlejerking over the most average souls game say otherwise

Bloodborne isn't nearly as mainstream & circlejerked among normies as these

Plenty of people dislike RDR2 though, if it's userscore was higher then for sure. Replace it with either BotW or Bloodborne.

>no Skyrim, GTA V or any flavour of the month shit like Fortnite or League of Legends
this is more like
>The Holy Cross of mildly overrated games on specific game comunities that for some reason made OP butthurt

You don't know what overrated means.

>RDR2
>overrated
Where? A lot of normies that I've seen dont like it. It too overwhelming for them.

>all from this generation except FF7
Its just so out of place.

Don't be fucking stupid.

There fixed the image for you OP

Attached: New Project.png (1080x1080, 834K)

I feel that Human Excrement should be in there somewhere.

Attached: G A M E P L A Y.gif (316x178, 1.75M)

perfect
false

DMC3 should be on here. Also this

The outdated gameplay from the early 00s is overwhelming for everybody. RDR2 is full of blacks, chinks, and loud mouth women and you're talking about normies.

botw is actually the most underrated zelda and the only people who like it are basedboy reviewers, Ocarina of Time is BY FAR the most overrated one.

i play red ded redemption because its cool. I feel cool because im a cowboy. if u dont like red ded redemption dont play it cuz its a 10/10 game. most gamers dont have the patience to play red ded so go back to fortnite u zoomer. input delay dont matter zoom zoom because the graphics make this game a masterpiece. Stop saying the controls are bad, u just suck. no one cares what you have to say cuz your probably a pc player with no skill. its a beta so stop whining over a single player game.

> BOTW Zoomers still attempting to shit on OoT
Kill yourself

FFVII is very well deserved of its high public reputation

What a mentally retarded and pathetic post. Just fucking kill yourself.

>Yea Forums still can't get over TW3
when will this end?

No

When it stops being a Overrated piece of shit

FFVII is very well deserved of its high public reputation

cute ;^)

Whose rating? bc if you go by Yea Forums they're all 7/10

>the most average souls game say otherwise
thats DaS though. it was literally designed to be the game with the most lowest common denominator appeal. its the brainlet souls.

Replace BOTW with ocarina

Lumping TW3 with all that trash

Attached: 1532220548256.png (211x239, 4K)

agreed except ff7

i dont even like it and theres like 6 ff games id put above it but i dont think its in the same tier as these just because its the most overrated jrpg

hahahah what a dumb fucking opinion
Its so obvious that you didnt wana shell for a ps4 so you're coping. Not even a fan of the series in general but if you think dark souls 1 and 2 are better your brain doesn't work

>Witcher 3 overrated
It's rated just fine, it's a well made game. You being an edgy contrarian doesn't change that.

At least with the Last of Us you have a point, since it's another one of those "cinematic experiences" with nothing much else on offer.

>Lumping trash with trash
I don't see anything wrong with OP's image

The only genuinely overrated game in this pic is BOTW. Its not even a better Zelda game than Twilight Princess

Attached: IMG_5653.png (680x680, 455K)

>combat is supposed to be one of its crown jewels, its awful
>gorgeous open world becomes a chore to traverse because its dead, literally less interesting to explore than morrowind
>main character has a fixed personality, no player immersion, somehow has less personality than the nameless lad from gothic
>almost 0 memorable side quests

yeah its beyond overrated mate

it's the other way around, you can't like ocarina of time unless you're a nostalgia-blind oldfuck

>combat is supposed to be one of its crown jewels
literally making shit up because you have no argument

I don't think DMC3 is overrated, It's considered the "best" action game by some fags sure, but even they admit it has flaws and such it isn't perfect

I havent played zelda or that weeb one but those other games are good.

All of these are rated appropriately.

weird cause all the tw3 mindless ape defenders on here always mention its combat as something that puts it above other open rpgs

>TLoU
>video GAME

Literally nobody talks about mass effect 2 anymore
Replace it with a souls title or doom

I never played Witcher 3.

What's the pros and cons? It looks cool, but I'm hesitant to get bamboozled again.

it's comfy

The combat is irritatingly bad and the world is ubisoft tier.
But it's got a decent story and some memorable side quests

It's fun and has a good story and amazing atmosphere/scenery

Yea Forums is the only place on the planet that hates this game. All my weeb friends love it

>fun and has a good story and amazing atmosphere/scenery
See, you're literally describing me a movie. Where's the video game part?

pros
>absurd level to detail in the world
>huge game, lots of content
>gorgeous, good dark fantasy art style
>writing is good
cons
>combat is shallow and limits you to one play style (roll, dash, with sword swings and weak magic)
>geralts movements/animations are static, not fun to control and very unreactive
>roleplaying is limiting to an extent, you only make choices in the range of geralts moral
It's a 7/10

>the world is ubisoft tier
fuck you that's an insult
ubisoft can't even do NPC AI right

FF7 and Last of Us aren't overrated. I'd also say people are pretty aware of the flaws RDR2 and BOTW have. I'd say Witcher 3 is pretty overrated, I really want to finish the game and I have been trying to get back into it at least once a month but I just get bored. The combat is pretty bad for a game of this gen.

do you really think atmosphere is exclusive to movies?
What the fuck is immersion you retard?

video games have a video part you absolute retard

So no "game", then. Thanks for proving me right

Ocarina belongs in here

wheres okami

there certainly isnt any fucking immersion in that dead world adventure game masquerading as an rpg

you press buttons and things happen like in any game you cocksucking Yea Forums parrot

This.

No shit. A trash game can't compete with a masterpiece.

>every normie loves GTA V
>it's the most bland open world and the worst written GTA game, is extremely short on top of having worse gunplay and physics than IV

>a lot of normies hate RDR 2
>the sp campaign alone is 60 hours
>dozens of side content that can reach the 300 hours mark if you want to 100% it
>emotional story with depth, easily the best thing the Houser brothers have ever written
>autistically detailed cowboy simulator
>the gun fights without auto aim are challenging and fun as fuck

Normies are retarded.

>literally the first word is fun

DS1>DS3>>>DS2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nioh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bloodshit

I even 100%, got platinum trophy in bloodshit just so i could talk shit about it. I really can't tell why this forced, over pretentious, edgy garbage is so likeable by people

>you press buttons and things happen
I can do this with my TV remote, doesn't make it a game

>fun is exclusive to vidya!
Kek what an imbecile

>masquerading as an RPG
are you sure you're talking about The Last of Us?

Attached: 1548454963958.jpg (224x220, 42K)

>that analogy
if i was born with half my brain and tried my hardest to fake retardation i wouldn't get close to your level

>i was born with half my brain
From what Ive seen that sounds strangely plausible

>rpg

What.

this actually
posting 2 exclusives when shit like skyrim is fucking everywhere

since when is less magical OoT a masterpiece?

What is more pretentious about bloodborne than ds3?
edgy yes, but i think people confuse the over the top edginess with pretension when its actual the opposite

TLOU’s multiplayer is better than your favorite multiplayer
Facts!

what competition can DMC3 have for that title? NGB?

Attached: perfection.png (809x965, 436K)

*FTFY

Attached: complete.jpg (1371x1377, 276K)

>xbox morrowind

Well, yeah. Load times that make me age in real time.

Fpbp. Bloodborne sucks and runs like absolute shit.
Only a complete retard or Sony drone would even pretend to like that garbage

God i hate The Last of us

Skyrim isn't hailed as a masterpiece, it's just popular. Like COD used to be. For that reason, it's not overrated.

Tbh the bottom one is actually good

In my experience, if I think I won't like a game, I literally never do. Witcher 3 was no exception.

Pretty good, but replace Skyrim with Super Mario Odyssey.

I would rather put something like Super Mario 64 if I was going to put a Mario game there.

Dunno, Never played NG Black, and the only NG I played was NG2 but I was a kid and shit at videogames that I couldn't finish it, so I can't really answer that question
And there aren't many Action games out there and most of them are pretty much dead, so it's not like there is a big competition out there
And to me, there is no "Best action game of all time" it all just comes to what your prefrence is, and if you like that game than it's your best action game

Super Mario 64 at least played a huge role in helping shape analog 3d movement in videogames. Mario Odyssey was basically just polish and nothing else

I think SM64 still holds up unlike OoT, and Odyssey is very easy even for a Mario game, so I think it deserves that spot.

Nobody even remembers RDR2 anymore.

You forgot to add re2 remake.

Replace BoTW with OoT

New Vegas should be there.
Been dissapointed when expected galactic scale masterpiece but got F3 with cowboys and 10x more speech checks.

it's not a cross, it's a +

Attached: 1550031371668.jpg (1024x813, 62K)

Never heard anyone praise Skyrim.
Quite opposite, even the fans constatly shit on it, because it's a meme at this point.

I only liked The Witcher 3 on that list. Got me to read the books and play the first two games.

I haven't played any of them

why does nobody mention how bad the UI is in The Witcher 3?
it's consolized and takes forever to do anything, nothing but lists and having to cycle through different sections like the journal, inventory etc, as opposed to all being on one screen

Attached: 1551813685921.jpg (1814x823, 501K)

eh doom is good, especially for its own time

>no new vegas
>b-but muh dialogue! muh characters!
not gameplay, game is overrated shit

eh, ocarina is overrated but its still good
gta is just ultrapopular not a good game
ds is not that good, but it made a point, that ppl want hard games
LOF proved that ppl want autistic movies games and that it sell a LOT

no it's shit and not even rated well

RDR2 is more overrated than ME2

A cross is 4 you retard

Witcher, Zelda, and RDR are good though.

Replace rdr2 and ff7 with god of war 2018 and mass effect 2

Replace red dead 2 with undertale

>people still shitting on a twenty something year old game

Attached: 1542542080977.png (750x1123, 597K)

They made it better after some patches, but yeah initially it was actually how you described and it was aids to actually find anything you were looking for

>People still talk about FFVII to this day
>Nobody ever talks about Ocarina any more

As an old ass gamer, you have no idea how wonderful this notion is to me and how happy i am that things have turned out this way.

Undertale should be on this list

>ctrl f, 6 ocarina 4 Oo

because trying to shit on classic, critically acclaimed games even Yea Forums loves, is cool

Attached: 1318128267234.jpg (1100x1600, 293K)

Damn you guys really fucking hate Zelda, lol. It's kind of pathetic, really.

replace ff7 with neir: automata
or just add nier: automata

Nah nier is good

Replace ff7 with undertale

You're arguing with people who spend their whole day on Yea Forums and have no exposure to the real world.
They think the souls franchise is as famous as soccer since it's very talked about on gaming circles, but most normalfags haven't even heard of souls games, let alone bloodborne, so you're right, also it's a great game, so even if it's circlejerk, it's not overrated.
FFVII is similar, it's a great game but it's not even on the top 3 of the final fantasy series (9, 5, 6, tactics are already better, rest is argueable), but people shill it as the best jrpg due to lack of knowledge of the genre thus making it overrated.

I would even go as far as 8.5 or 9, but that is because the cons you listed are not that important for me.

no nier is overrated shit that people only claim to like because of sex appeal

but yes undertale should also be on there

How retarded can you even be.

you're just arguing with people you've made up in your head. stop being a pussy

>Witcher 3 combat is bad
Can somebody please give some context or frame of reference here? Is it worse than Assassins creed combat? FFXV? Skyrim?

I would swap BOTW and RDR2 with Bioshock Inifinte and Undertale.

what kind of pathetic Yea Forums safety bubble are you living in? skyrim is very much widely praised to this day in normieville

nah, nier is good.

Only Witcher 3 and TLoU are overrated in that list.

>flavour of the month
>League of Legends

Am I stuck in a groundhog month?

yes Yea Forums, you're very cool and tough and interesting because you don't like the popular thing

Attached: 1551861299703.png (836x1010, 564K)

Red Dead 2 is only overrated by normalfaggots. Everyone else pretty much knows it's a mediocre walking simulator with hot trash controls, and suffers the same (if not more) problems as GTA V.

Overrated =/= Shit

Attached: consider this.jpg (318x159, 11K)

>Flavor of the month 120 months in a row

God hand, bitch

the year spread of this is awful, 98 then the next closest is 2013? There's many more overrated games than the past 5 years user.

Keep FF7, sub BOTW for OOT. Breath is actually fun, overrated potentially yes but OOT is jerked off so much it's metaphorical cock is latched in a constant death grip. Drop RDR2, it can't be overrated when most even when it came out there was a lot of discussion around it not being that great, unsure good replacement however.
Keep Witcher 3, and TLOU could go either way for myself.

Attached: bionicle lore.jpg (640x480, 46K)

I think Witcher 3 is overrated but at the same time it has a level of presentation that we've never seen before in an rpg of that scale. For this reaso while I think it's overrated I feel it is not one of the most egregious offenders. Noticeably lacking for me are games like Skyrim which I feel, while epic in scope, had a poor presentation and. A GTA game should be there as well I propose IV. An entry from the Dark souls series is also a necssity.

90% chance majority of shitposters in this thread are under 19

Everywhere I go, I only see memes about Todd and bugs, and how saint modders "fix" oh-so awful game.
People can play it for years, taking a break just shit on it a bit more.
Same with bethesda-fallouts.

Nope not even close. Only to zoomer trash who hasn't played a good game since he/she was born. You missed out on the golden age of gaming and your left with scrapes and shit left over to company who don't give a fuck about gaming just about the money. Have fun with every trash game you ever play I'll be playing good games till the end of my life.

>combat is supposed to be one of its crown jewels, its awful

Then name a RPG with better combat, faggot.

>literally less interesting to explore than morrowind

Its the best open world to date.

>has a fixed personality,
>less personality than the nameless lad from gothic

He has enough personality to be an interesting character but not too much personality so you can self-insert

>almost 0 memorable side quests

Is this bait?

Haven't played the new Asscreed games but imagine the old combat system except you actively attack people instead of just wait to counter but everything takes way longer to kill for next to no reward. The combat is so bad and unrewarding that it makes you want to just run away from every single encounter.

Stop posting until you know how newfag.
Also you don't need

To put a space

Between every line

This is not Reddit

good argument

Long to kill? I played on the hardest difficulty and except for bosses and high leveled monsters everything died in 3 hits.

No Ocarina of Time? That's single-handedly the most overrated game ever made. There are still to this day some folk who think it's the greatest game ever made. It wasn't even good at the time.

I agree

Replace TLOU with Bioshock infinite and you'd have a fine cross. Wouldn't call FF7 that overrated either.

>Game is good
>People like it
>Good reviews

MUST BE OVERRATED

should be ocarina in the center

/thread

replace BOTW with OOT and FF7 with New Vegas

This nobody shuts up about OOT ever

the thread

Attached: 1316129189066.jpg (572x300, 246K)

Attached: apply yourself.png (1098x1130, 998K)

>My shit opinion aiming to bait
>Discuss
Kys

>add every critically acclaimed game into a cross

>hurr durr so contrarian am i cool yet

Attached: 1344215295872.jpg (480x640, 32K)

Bioshock infinite isn’t overrrated next to no one but reviewers actually liked it

The hulk is kino.

Reviewers rate, therefore it's overrated. And when it first came out, I had a ton of friends who praised it and how the plot "twist" was a "mindfuck"

Found the 19 year old

this is fair, the last of us is basically uncharted so I'm okay with that. nd games are all essential the same project.

unironically I wish, user

>it's a key
>*DING*
>it's always been there
>I just never realized
>not accepting this as masterful story telling

Attached: shite.jpg (1920x1080, 334K)

Most overrated FPS. It's so badly designed holyshit.

Attached: 1546591756189.png (640x360, 574K)

you forgot the

WHOOOOOOSHHWAANNNNG
10/40 cheevo progress

I pirated the PC version so I never got to see that. Thank god. I wasn't sure if it was parody or not at that point.

>taking out rdr2
what a little pozzed faggot you are.

fuck off Forsen

Reminder that overrated =\= bad. The only bad game on that list is TLoU, the rest are at least passable.

you are missing DMC3

RDR2 and BOTW are good

when did anybody ever like ME2 (or ME in general for that matter)

Cope more zoomer, no amount of crying will ever stop it from being the official & factually awarded GOAT

Here’s a better one, feel free for some recommendations
> Holy cross of objectively good games that contrarians can’t stop seething about
> Resident Evil 4
Middle
> Ocarina Of Time
Left
> Final Fantasy VI, Undertale
Right
> SoulCalibur, Chrono Trigger
Bottom
> Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy

Who?
Also truth hurt.