Are you satisfied with this line up?

Are you satisfied with this line up?

Attached: IMG_20190226_222713.jpg (1188x755, 97K)

I don't play competitive fighting games at tournaments so why should I care

>No KI

i-its grrrrrrrrrrrreat

Attached: 1545099159955.gif (300x300, 2.46M)

I'd rather have Guilty Gear over Baby Tag but other than that it's good.

>1 month later
>i'm still shit at UNIST
help

I am glad that it's getting a lot of exposure honestly. I didn't know about samsho either but now I'm looking forward to it too, as a previous non-fg fan they're for some reason very appealing.

Seems fine.

Samurai Shodown is a risky pick with it coming out so close to release.. I'd rather see KOF in that slot.

Melee wasn't going to be there because of logistics and Nintendo. Ultimate is already going to be a fucking nightmare logistically as it is.

You shouldn't. Why are you in the thread again?

>Tekken 7
That's all I care about, personally. Glad some other games are getting a piece of the spotlight, UNIST looks like a fun game and (good) sprite art is always welcome.
SamSho is an interesting addition, looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

I understand why Melee folk are pissed off but honestly the community seems to be the problem more than anything else - high level Melee is interesting to watch in gameplay terms but their attitude needs readjusting.

It boggles my mind how people can still want to play SFV. I played it heavily in S1 and came back to it every season, and it still feels like the same trudgery. No fanks.

This is like the 10th thread fucker

I'm salty that Cross Tag got two EVOs while Central Fiction only one. It doesn't even matter what game would've been in the place of Cross Tag.

6/10

glad SCVI got in which is great, but blazeblue faggot battle getting a sunday slot over it is retarded. No GG sucks but understandable. Happy for UNIST, unknown for samurai showdown. Rest are expected and no happy/sadness for them. Felt like DoA got snubbed despite not giving a shit about the series ever

Saturday night finals > Sunday early morning finals always

I guess, I hope it'll be better for SC since BBTAG is dead after this

Pretty much.
No DOA6 being there is both laughable and sad at the same time

I feel ya, never played the originals but the moment I touched this one, it just clicked. Gotta be one of my most favourite fightans this gen, on par with T7 and Guilty Gear.

>no Melee
Yes

blame microsoft for killing KI the second it came out with that retarded ass payment method

Samurai Showdown and Soul Calibur make it a good list in my book.
The melee salt makes it the best list in my book.

>blame microsoft for killing KI the second it came out with that retarded ass payment method
The payment method was really good though. I ended up paying only $60 for all three seasons

I'm pretty sure they changed it, but on release it was really fucking stupid. I don't remember what it was specifically, I just remember hating it

>retarded ass payment method

If it wasn't for the F2P option, online wouldn't be as populated as it is now because newbs are trying KI everyday.

Swap Samurai Showdown for Guilty Gear

How do I pick any of these games up without being called a bandwagoner? I also tend to lose interest after three to four months.

It was $30 for the first season. People hated it because it was fun to hate M$

this

>UNIST
Great.
>Ultimate
Will most likely be fun during the top 8.
>DBFZ
Will watch only for the commentary.
>BBTAG
Hopefully will be even better this year since the entire cast is getting buffed.
>Tekken 7
Definitely watching. Tekken 7 is fun every single goddamn year.
>SFV
Boring. Will tune in for Grand Finals and that's it.
>SCVI
Might be cool? I've never watched Soul Calibur tournaments before.
>MK11
Do not care at all.
>Samura Shodown
I have no fucking idea about this one.

Attached: masa.jpg (523x480, 36K)

If you're picking it up only because it's coming to EVO, hate to say it but you are one. Don't let it stop you though, just pick one that you'll have the most fun with, or think you'll be best at, then hop in, learn the basics, and hop straight into the online.

Want me to tell you how I know you're a nattoboy who jerks it to hentai?

>Not a single game worth playing

EVO has been shit for years, the garbage they have at this joke of a tournament is embarrassing.

At least they made melee baby's cry though so thats something.

Do people not realize that DOA hasn't been an EVO game since 2004?
Like people keep acting like this is some big shocker or some big disappointment when the last DOA game on mainstage was 4

Tekken 7 is a predictable follow-up to a series that's never aimed particularly high, it may please casual gamers for a day or two but the stagnant ongoing series is definitely in the second tier of fighters way below Capcom or NetherRealm Studios games, and it's seriously getting old and tired. The lack of depth and subtlety and the emphasis on the offensive, rather than the defensive, puts this squarely two notches below the best in the genre, the "who-can-get-their-super-move-off-first" gameplay leaves much to be desired from a serious fighting game player. Like the prequels, Tekken 7 is geared towards casual gamers and anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on tekken. Other top fighters, namely Street Fighter, DoA and MK games have advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is tekken just can't seem to evolve, furthermore many combos can be done simply by hitting 1-button, and the nearly "instant-kill" rage art moves are just laughably broken. Instead of a supplying a proper fighting engine, matches in T7 seem to rely heavily on "who can get their rage move off first". So many elements of the gameplay don't even require any sort of skill. In my book, slow motion over and over again also gets old very quickly. And in the end, it's more of a novelty or gimmick rather than an actual, thought-out fighting game mechanic. But hey, the casual crowd will be pleased!

If you want something a little more "button-masher-friendly," tekken might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.

Lel what the fuck is this pasta

I'd replace UNIEL and BBTAG for KI and DoA6.

Attached: ddd2e898ed763d7502.jpg (604x720, 97K)

Pronably the freshest lineup. I want them to remove SF5 though. It's a bad game and I'll rather gamble on SF6 being good than watch SF5 for another year.

Yeah it isn't surprising, DoA's esports push has been a failure since reveal.But thinking about it lately I kinda dislike the precedent EVO can set. Like imagine if SamSho wasn't on the line up, people would say the game is dead in a month cause it isn't in. This might have been why SNK pushed it, they don't have the luxury of just letting it develop at bit first and hoping it gets in next year.

While I don't believe at lot of the stuff about buying your way in, I'm sure Mr Wiz has a price. It is more complex than most thing cause TK could easily out bid SNK, NRS could easily pay for a sunday slot and I doubt Bamco would pay much to get SC6 in. But what if GBV is awful? Cygames can pay for it to have a top slot. Or look at SFV, a lot of pros dislike it but sticks with it cause it is the big tournament game with a lot of money on the table. In another timeline maybe DoA6 got in and that made some players pick it up.

Attached: 1537790488367.jpg (822x590, 126K)

found the braindead tekkuck, go back to mashing in your shitty kusoge

You seem upset.

Yeah, but they should just remove SFV for GGXrd.

it's fine, but satisfied? probably not.
i'd still prefer gg over bbtag and melee over samsho.

>While I don't believe at lot of the stuff about buying your way in, I'm sure Mr Wiz has a price
On the subject of people forgetting things, do people not remember the Melee vs Skullgirls donation war that basically marked the beginning of Melee's big revival, post-Brawl?
Because after a couple hundred thousand dollars were donated for the "last" EVO slot that year, not even a couple weeks later Wiz announced "hey guys we're gonna have Injustice too"

Where is DOA?

t. tekkuck

If you honestly think a community donating to an officially sanctioned donation-drive contest in order to have their game featured is the same as a corporation doing backroom deals with evo staff to have their game in the main line-up is the same then you're utterly delusional.

Or just retarded, that makes more sense for an FGCuck.

Attached: Cosmic Leff.png (2000x2000, 2.43M)

>Dead on Arrival 6
lol

What fighting game(s) do you play, user?

tekken is not a fighting game, its a child's button mashing party game

That's not what I asked, user.

>No KOF

Huh

That's not the point - the game just came out and was self-marketing as an E-sport centered title, but it'is already discarted by the FGC for not being a part of EVO.

Meanwhile stuff like Samurai Showdown (of all things) got the spot.
It's not like I'm rooting for DOA, it's just funny to think about.

Who cares I watch all the clips on youtube channels like TheBeast and TokidoFans anyway.

Why should Samurai Shodown not get a spot? (yes you spelled the name of the game wrong)

I don't say it shouldn't, but it looks like it's quite a niche and budget title even compared to DOA with nothing crazy going for it.

That being said, I actually never played nor heard about the original (never was a thing in my region), so maybe it's cool.

Is UNIST your first fighting game that you're trying to get good at?

UNIST is the easiest fighting game to get into. Easy specials, supers and easy to combo. Maybe he is a smash fag.

No Guilty Gear but since there's no Melee I'm ok.

Attached: received_552542088575696.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

>Smash
no

Yup.
I go to my uni's smash weeklies but I don't like the game as much, and my internet is too bad to consider gitting good. I'm actually attempting to start a fightan club here, so wish me luck.

Needs to replace SFV with USFIV

I was confused about doa6 not being on that line up but then I played it. Samsho deserves the spot more. One day KT will realize why people hate them outside of the whales.

>EVO thread
>angry bath-dodger lamenting his favorite party game accompanied with pics of his favorite e-celebs

Like clockwork, I hope you at least changed those pants

Attached: 1545069604564.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

Good luck user. I believe in you. Also let me know if ya wanna scuffle for a couple games.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAYLAY NOT HERE

FUCK JIGGLYPUFF, FUCK WOBBLING AND FUCK THE FGC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Attached: 1506097350432.png (400x416, 137K)

In all fairness, SamSho could be broken and/or bad. Not like there is much to fuck up but the series does have ups and downs. But I doubt DoA6 would have won many hearts anyway

Attached: 1551417911127.jpg (1000x816, 110K)

Dead or alive 6 is a pathetic game. They made too many past characters dlc right out the gate and every single platform doesn't have the ability to train with another player. It's garbage and basically an early access game being sold at full price. SamSho will be much more entertaining. This is what KT gets for abusing their brand so hard with 5's dlc bullshit. They don't care about the product. Whales have ruined the game for anyone serious about the actual gameplay.

MK11 is probably boring as shit as the other NRS games
Tekken & SC are fine by me
Don't care much about the 2 ArcSys games, Unist could be nice for a first exposure
SamSho could be anything. If it's as wack as some of the other entries in SamSho, we might be on to something
SFV is pretty boring
SSBU is ok
Catherine side event tour will be better than all those

No but for modern EVO standards its probably as good as you can get.

What happened to SF players shittalking everyone? Why is it always anime players getting caught bullying?

Your Post is a predictable follow up to the last time you autistically pulled that Pasta out of your ass.

You perfectly describe Tekken 7 also but they get a free pass for some reason