Why is it that everyone assumes the artistic and historical influence of Bloodborne is ye olde london town?

Why is it that everyone assumes the artistic and historical influence of Bloodborne is ye olde london town?

The architecture and climate seem more attuned to prague or budapest to me. And the ruins underneath Yharnham suggest a mesopotamian/sumerian influence ie modern syria lebanon and iraq.

Is it just ignorant burgers who think its london? I mean i get the localization had english accents but that was probably (correctly) an attempt to pander to brainlet burgers.

Anyway, lets have a discussion about the historical influence on yharnham architecture and culture. Part of the reason its so imteresting is the rich culture yharham seemed to posess. But again, it is NOT an anglo city people

Attached: 6D134B57-AF2C-4B26-B5A4-8065B89F1B52.jpg (767x1080, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_the_United_Kingdom
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The people of Yharnam have cockney London accents

Thats simply to appeal to english speakers. The same way ancient romans are often portrayed with english accents in western fiction. In my opinion the game would have been more effective using fake language and accents like ico or shadow of the colossus.

>game would be better with fake accents
I agree. Always get that the London accent was a bit out of place

Surprise to hear that people assuming it's supposed to be London considering how heavily they lean into a "transylvanian" aesthetic. But most people can recognise accents a lot more than architecture. If everyone's sounds like they're from London and people are going to assume it's London. I've got no idea how much fallout 4 resembles actually Boston but I've got a idea what the accent supposed to sound like.

I have seen many people miscategorize the architecture as victorian london gothic when its clearly more eastern european reanaisance. There is an undeniable “eastern “ and exotic flare to the architecture. I would even say it could be in bulgaria or croatia. Anything before london. The red blood sky always gave me the impression of a slightly warmer climate.

I think its a disservice to the game that it is considered london. And you are right, if anything the influences are romanian/translyvanian

All this doesnt even TOUCH where the ancient yharnamites were from

When the scourge comes to a city, the first people who die are people who know this stuff about architecture.
Just so you know

Attached: 1448724525689.jpg (2939x1620, 1.99M)

No one cares about your meme game

You forgot your pasta

Attached: 1551703151674.jpg (239x250, 7K)

/thread

Sony america probably forced their hand

Dont forget faggy top hats and tri corn hate. OP is confirmed retarded.

Attached: 1551607838244.jpg (1200x1180, 137K)

>453447860
> Why is it that everyone assumes the artistic and historical influence of Bloodborne is ye olde london town?
Because they know shit about architecture and don't know anything else.
>The architecture and climate seem more attuned to prague or budapest to me
It was said in one of the From interviews that they made a trip through historical Eastern Europe cities for inspiration so you're spot on.

>meme
you know it's the best game on PS4 and worth buying a console for, right?

From the Miyazaki interview:
>His position has, in fact, brought unexpected benefits. “I’ve been to places I wouldn’t have visited before,” he says.
>“I get to see different things, which is important. It gives me new experiences to draw from.”
>In researching the architecture of Bloodborne, Miyazaki and the team visited Romania and the Czech Republic, drinking in their gothic grandeur.
>But he’s taken inspiration from closer to home, too. “Now I’m president,” he says, “I get to meet a lot of other company presidents.
>They’re such weird people. I’m fascinated by them.”
>With a smile, he adds: “I use some of them as enemy characters in our games.”

OP here. My broader point is that the main fanbase are retarded phillistines and the english voiceovers were a concession to their profound ignorance ie burgers hurt the product.

I also really want to find out which ancient societies from was looking at so we can place yharnam geographically. It doesnt seem like it exists perfectly overlayed geographically with our world with the eastern european vibes juxtaposed over the ancient fertile crescent. But i am open to ideas.

Post some more about how much you don't care because it's not completely clear from one post how indifferent you are.

aka "the typical old timey accent burgers jump to when they wanna set a tone"

most people aren't educated so they jump to what they know from pop culture to make associations. this is especially true for clapburgers that dont know anything about whats outside state lines except for what they mightve watched on tv

>OP is confirmed retarded.
NO U

OP here again. Given everything we know, i feel confident that Yharnam would exist in what is today southern coastal Bulgaria or Romania. Keep that in mind during your next playthrough.

Okay OP. Ill bite. Lets assume you are correct, so what? Your interpretation doesnt change anyones perception of the game. So whats your goddamn point?

Who cares, i said /thread

Its changed my perception of the game.

>literal big ben mockup in the distance
>literally uses the same architecture you find in cathedrals and cities around all of europe
>it is NOT and anglo city people
also
>british accents
>pandering to americans
you're a fucking moron

>Keep that in mind during your next playthrough.

No thanks autismo.

>the typical old timey accent burgers jump to when they wanna set a tone"
that doesnt make any fucking sense. first of all, this game is made by japs and second of all, most americans hate the british accent meme

You have to be autistic.

Yharnam is based on Prague. This has been common knowledge for years.

Attached: prague-s-astrological-clock-quick-facts-to-get-your-interest.jpg (900x642, 223K)

>it is NOT an anglo cit
y

>big ben mockup
refer to

One of the most important aspects of these games where a sole adventurer wanders through a location after a horrific event (bioshock, system shock, dark souls, this) is peicing together the voices of those departed. Learning what happened.

Modern anthropologists do the same thing when they seek to unearth lost cultures. Because in so doing, we gain knowledge and broader context of ourselves.

Bloodborne is fundamentally a story of the yharnamites and their progression from ostensibly a thriving city state to a decayed horror scape. They sought to transcend. Without understanding who they were, or what their roots were, its impossible to appreciate where they ended up.

I think your ignorant response shows what is wrong with the community. You should stick to god of war or horizon if you want to take art assets at face value.

>it is NOT an anglo city
Yeah because it doesnt exist and is entirely fictional you idiot.
Of course its a thrown together mix of many old european styles as the japanese love to do.

The fact that you actually made a post about this crap is baffling to me.

>Prague has a clock
o no.... There are so many european cities that this goes with,.You're a fucking moron

The best part of the lore is the architecture and climate hints and the cave drawing. Basically anything that can be related to modern cultural anthropology

>reddit spacing
>calls other people ignorant right off the bat, for even questioning his motives
>actually thinks a videogame about beating people to death warrants an anthropological approach
not him but thats gonna be a yikes from me dog

>not him
Seethe more

Pretty sure the Paris Catacombs were an inspiration, too.

>The best part of the lore is the architecture
Don't respond to me again please.
They probably chased him off reddit and now he's trying his shit here. It happens all the time these days.

lmao.
also, just watch a making of documentary or read developer interviews. like how the fuck does it matter whether the devs went to prague or vienna for inspiration of their fictional meme city?
its information you process once and then move on you autistic cuck.

You're the one who seems to be struggling with nonbinary thinking here

>In my opinion the game would have been more effective using fake language and accents like ico or shadow of the colossus.
>All this doesnt even TOUCH where the ancient yharnamites were from
This thread made me realize why people call BB fans autistic. At least I've gotten that out of this.

But if we process it and move on we will never know what the daily life of a yharnamite merchant was like, or who their trading partners were. We know their religion had some paralells to catholisism before transitioning to what i can only describe as comicisicim.

I have always been intrigued by what rome was like in say the year prior to being sacked by the visigoths. And i look at bloodborne the same way.

Yharnam reminded me a lot of Edinburgh, particularly the amount of climbing up and down you do.

>I feel confident that Yharnam would exist in what is today southern coastal Bulgaria or Romania.
That bullshit doesnt make any sense. It wouldn't exist in a modern east european country, because its entirely fictional and its whole backstory and lore is filled with fictional events and themes that aren't even close to anything real.

Placing a fictional city from a fictional world, on our worldmap simply because the devs went to certain countries to steal their architecture from, must be the most autistic thing I've read all week. And its only wednesday.

Bloodborne is the only game i can think of that blends cultural components like religion and city design in a believable way.

Rome transitioned from pagan to catholic, everbody knows that. But yharnam had warring religious factions in a deeply fascinating way. The idea ce through sacraments versus through the mind (meditation, knowledge, the occult)

It really is a melding of eastern and western ideas and thhat ultimately is very worth talking about.

>we will never know what the daily life of a yharnamite merchant was like, or who their trading partners were.
confirmed autism.
reality check mate: it ain't real. some nips made it up over some beers, thought certain buildings looked cool, and thats it.
trying to establish how non existant merchants might have worked simply because how the buildings look is absolute grade A autism and can't be healthy for you. despite being faulty thinking to the core and just shoehorning of ideas.

You obviously aren’t a creative or critical thinker. The climatalogical and architectural art cues place it keenly within our world. Romania and bulgaria due to proximity to the fertile crescent to which is the closest cultural and historical analogy to the type of place the ancient yharnamites likley came from

>actually thinks a videogame about beating people to death warrants an anthropological approach
Fucking this. Autist always try to find deeper meaning in games to try and justify spending too much time playing games.

Attached: 1551823590112.png (829x633, 348K)

It isnt pretentious to speculate about things like architecture or culture in a historical context. Only things like analyzing poetry or broader themes are. Anybody who likes art or history would look at something like bloodborne and be curious.

>The climatalogical and architectural art cues place it keenly within our world
Climatilogical. Okay OPs just taking the piss. Stop giving (yous) pack it up everyone. Nothing to see here. Its just the ol pretend to be autistic 1-two

Attached: 1551307838735.png (1868x1602, 292K)

>trying to establish how non existant merchants might have worked simply because how the buildings look is absolute grade A autism and can't be healthy for you
Are you saying creativity is inherently unhealthy for you? Because
>trying to establish how non existant merchants might have worked simply because how the buildings look
is precisely how creativity works.

I'm american, I'd rather see something else than british accents in things. AC odyssey had sort of an italian thing going on, which is weird but better than british greek people.

Italian? Really dude?

As another American, please shut up. I haven't seen anything but the TV trailers, and I can tell it's Greek.

It's almost like the title Odyssey should tip you off or something.

TAHT'S

>. The red blood sky always gave me the impression of a slightly warmer climate.
But the sky color is literally all just the moon and everyone is wearing jackets.

Just going to the wiki page, it says in it's second sentence:
>Set in the year 431 BC, the plot tells a fictional history of the Peloponnesian War between Athens and Sparta.

One would assume that the city states would be named at some point during the game, which should be a dead giveaway if you're not literally retarded.

and dark souls used english VA, big deal

For dark souls it wasnt a big deal. Its totally thematically innapropriate for bloodborne, however.

>Its totally thematically innapropriate for bloodborne, however.
You're the only one thinking that.

If anything they should be speaking some fictional latin or romanian fictional offshoot. English makes no sense when taken in the contest of the story or architectual evidence.

Dark souls is generic european fantasy,
. Bloodborne trades on its 7nique and believable fictional historical world building

>With a smile, he adds: “I use some of them as enemy characters in our games.”
based miyazaki

Why are people still bumping this autist's thread? Or is he bumping it himself?

>trades on its 7nique and believable fictional historical world building
>fictional historical worldbuilding
i wanted to call you an idiot for actually believing that but then I read the rest of the thread and learned that you're a real autist with real comprehension issues.

the bridge to Celestial Emissary is from London. the game's architectural influences are from all over the place, what's the point trying to narrow it down to one location

Attached: P1010442[1].jpg (1280x960, 416K)

I’m just going to assume you are a burger. Don’t bother responding

completely wrong. there is a place is budapest with a nearly identical bridge to the one in game. why do burgers like you feel you must insert yourself into every discussion?

pic is Oxford

Burgers think london=all of europe

Because literally the entire art direction is derived from victorian artwork and architecture dumb dumb.

That's Oxford dude

>expecting burgers to know how to distinguish between two different buildings
kek

Yharnham is an English city name.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_the_United_Kingdom
ctrl-f ham

This coupled with the fashion, architecture, and lore makes it quite clear that it's more heavily inspired by Victorian England even if the architecture is more typically derived from the likes of Prague.

Try using your fucking brain.

How do you explain the middle eastern babylonian esque drawings underneath yharnham? Nothing has been discovered like that near the british isles. Cry more anglo trash

Have you ever actually read any of Lovecrafts works you stupid fucking negroid?

No?

Then do that and then get back to me about how ancient babylonian alien ruins precludes Yharnham from being inspired by Victorian England you dense cunt.

holy shit get a load of this gross nerd lol

>a burger is about to explain burger “literature”
oh, this will be good

>a burger
No.
>is about to explain burger literature
No, I'm telling you to try reading literally any of Lovecrafts work before talking about your arse about what you feel Yharnham's inspiration might be. If you can't even be bothered to read the single greatest inspiration of the games setting then why even fucking bother pretending like you have any opinion worth expressing on the matter you lazy fucking shambles.

talking out your arse rather, it's late.

holy fuck this is funny. keep going, please!

>It's another retarded OP episode.
Fix yourself, you autistic fuck.

Pwned.

I've said all there is to be said.

based intellectual burger

you sound like a complete retard
instead of giving arguments you just scream "burger!"
are you actually american, who else would be that desperate for a burger

I'm English, not American.

Is Micolash an irl company CEO?

>Burgers
>Hidetaka Miyazaki
fucking, yikes

Attached: sLe13h3.jpg (1224x1445, 247K)

I think the team was/is overall inspired by Central-Eastern European architecture starting from Anor Londo from Dark Souls I as Milan Cathedral, but in a story and setting sense Bloodborne is mostly London/The British Isles.