Finally got around to buying playing Hollow Knight for the past 2 week and while I am having fun...

Finally got around to buying playing Hollow Knight for the past 2 week and while I am having fun, the map system is alarmingly atrocious.

>new area
>no map available
>can't fill it out as you explore
>have to find cartographer blindly
>once you do, you have to buy the map
>every map he sells is incomplete
>"ok, I can just fill out the rest as I explore"
>nope, you need to one-time buy a quill to fill it out
>once you have the quill, you STILL can't fill in the map as you explore
>map is only updated once you rest at a bench
>on top of all of this, you need a badge equipped at all times just to be able to see your position on the map

Who in the FUCK thought this was a good idea?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gv6CRPqkpuU
rainingchain.com/hollowknight/map
youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME
google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjkhPv-u-3gAhUzrHEKHXmHArwQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https://nintendosoup.com/hollow-knight-switch-physical-release-appears-to-be-happening-again/&psig=AOvVaw0oE3qo6RPr9nB8286nVJtP&ust=1551960087348936
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can get the map and quill like the first 30mins so that issue goes away, and maybe another 5mins to get the positioning quill. Then the rest slowly trickle in.

It's barely an issue.

I'm 20 hours in and it's just....why am I jumping through a flaming circus hoop for something Metroid got right 20 years ago?

It's designed like that by choice so you have know how far you can push yourself before returning to a rest station. It's not an oversight.

Stop being such a baby.
How do you even go about your daily life? Does somebody tell you what and how you have to do everything?

Attached: Holding-Hands.jpg (849x566, 63K)

Spotted the user who looks at guides while playing

I'm not the one who can't navigate a few rooms without a map.

I actually really like the map system and wish they keep it for the sequel. Having to buy quill is the only poor decision - it's so important everyone buys it first anyway, and the price is negligible. If there's no real choice to be made the game shouldn't make it look like there is one.

>you can go directly from Deepnest to the Queen's Gardens if you know the path is there
I hope I find these kind of oddball routes when I play Silksong the first time

___GET_GOOD_______________

Maybe as a self imposed no map challenge? But then... just not look at the map?

The devs specifically mentioned that Silksong will have some sequence-breaking opportunities.
Also, I'm guessing, NG+ might actually have you start with all abilities unlocked.
youtube.com/watch?v=Gv6CRPqkpuU

This is one of the best choices the devs made. It makes exploring more interesting. You could make an argument that having to buy the quill is bad, because nobody is going to not buy it, but I've always assumed the devs did that to point people to the map shop so people knew it was there.

You can just triangulate wherever you are on the map by finding landmarks in person and then finding them on the map
Do you really not know how to use a map?

>all these faggots defending this shit
You're fucking retarded if you think the map nonsense adds anything to the game. It makes what should be a simple process take up extra time. It's padding. It's filler. It's shit that you have to get out of the way in order to start enjoying the game.

Being allowed to buy what you should have had from the beginning isn't a 'reward', it's an insult. Navigating an area without a map isn't a 'challenge', it's a tedious waste of time. Needing to swap out your charms in order to explore doesn't add difficulty, it just creates an annoyance that didn't need to exist. None of it needs to exist.

There is no reason it needs to be as annoying as it is. This is worse than movie games with unskippable cutscenes. This is F2P-tier time wasting garbage.

>Finally got around to buying playing Hollow Knight for the past 2 week
I can't believe all my shill threads actually worked

Tell me why there needs to be a map shop in the first place.

>the devs did that to point people to the map shop so people knew it was there
Most likely, because it's just closed until you buy your first map. Still, it could've been handled better.

Its a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it

Agreed. The sequel had better have the map and important locations already revealed, as well as a warp system to anywhere you like at any time. Exploration is a dead mechanic and today’s busy gamer on the go shouldn’t be subjected to such trifles.

>radianted pure vessel
>Completed pantheon of the knight with nail and soul bindings
Only two more bindings to go, and then PoH

And no, fuck 'all bindings at the same time' bullshit. Im just not that patient.

The game is designed around exploring the world. I'm sorry that you have ADD and can't enjoy that.

So you can buy maps from areas Cornifer has left, and to give you buying options to compete against Sly and Salubra early-game.

>Navigating an area without a map isn't a 'challenge'
And it isn't. Unless you're retarded.

Attached: 1511446192291.png (645x729, 70K)

based af

>Needing to swap out your charms in order to explore

GIT GUD
you don't need the compass

Do you really think it was your thread on 4chin that got someone to buy it and not the announcement of a sequel?

It's funny how every thread filled with people complaining about the game eventually becomes a Hollow Knight thread full of chill dudes talking about their experiences while playing it. It's gonna happen with this one too.

Attached: hgsc_.gif (245x250, 872K)

>Tell me why there needs to be a map shop in the first place.

Brapananda fine ass

Attached: Iselda.png (454x448, 260K)

Ay Caramba

Caballero hueco y su increíble odisea al huevo negro, para en vez de convertirse en vasija derrotar al Destello

Attached: 1551812086329.jpg (1600x900, 232K)

If you're smart enough you don't need a map at all because you could just remember routes as you see them.

I hated this game. Couldn't stand more than a few hours as soon as it became evident that the art direction was bland, if competent, and ALL the design choices were designed to be time-wasting and infuriating.

Idk why retards like this game. They'll always tell you to "Get Good" but there's literally nothing about this game that's likeable. Even after getting the quills and map and such, it was just such a boring slog at every single stage.

And the excuse about there being "exploration" in this game is a joke. You've literally got palette swaps and four directions you can go in, to meet yet another pointless character with no personality, comprised of black-and-white pixels, who's gonna either tell you that you can't have an item yet, or send you on some pointless fetch quest.

BUT OH WOOOOW EXPLORATION!!

Are you kidding me?

Bioshock's Rapture.

System Shock II's Von Braun.

THAT is exploration.

This game?

Hollow Knight?

This is flaming trash for numale faggots.

People making HK threads have realized that if you make it look like a complaint thread, retards like will bump it for free, giving the intended audience of chillbros time to gather.

Ahem

fuck flowers and fuck lesbians

that's all

Attached: lnrcf12l9ak21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=47a8b290589672ced97de4971d79842fc5a09 (640x568, 53K)

Shit bait
No (you)s for you, bitch

What does it add to the GAME? How does needing to go back to the beginning and spend money (which is rare in early game) on features to your map that literally any moron who knows how a quill works can make? Why does the game limit the number of markers you can put on the map and force you to pay for them? Why are you forced to buy an incomplete map and not allowed to make your own map once you have a quill? What benefit is there in making the player swap out charms whenever they need to get used to a new area?

How does any of that make the gameplay better? How does that provide a better experience? It doesn't. It's filler trash. Like forcing you to watch a cutscene, or grind for XP. It's the garbage that stops you from playing the game in order to make the game look longer and more complex. It doesn't add challenge. It doesn't add depth. It just wastes your time.

>"HURR MUH ZOOMER HAS NO ATTENTION SPAN"
I guess you might be braindead enough to like watching paint dry, but I'm not. If you seriously think that mashing through dialogue every time you find the map jew in a new area, swapping over your charms every time you're unfamiliar with an area, and running back to the hub world when you get enough money to make your map usable actually adds difficulty, then you are legitimately mentally retarded.

Imagine being such a brainlet that you think not wanting to pay for basic UI features means you have a low attention span, holy shit. Go play some Korean F2P MMO or some shit where you can be easily entertained by clicking on the same enemy for hours if that's your idea of fun.

>fuck lesbians
I wish

If you never left the Crossroads, your opinion doesn't matter.

Attached: 1531002726707.jpg (480x480, 25K)

>, swapping over your charms every time you're unfamiliar with an area,

or build a sense of direction you idiot

do you use google maps to go buy milk?

HK threads have long passed the point when they needed bumps from shitposting to stay afloat. The game became popular enough on its own.

How the fuck do people fail this quest so many times? It's not fucking hard.

>now where could my 1000 Saws be

Attached: v5dsty6xgbk21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=1c4b5ae2685e5e31450cbb8faa65db6822372 (640x221, 35K)

>Why does the game limit the number of markers you can put on the map and force you to pay for them?

wtf? You actually use more than a few of those at a time?

>The game is designed around exploring the world.
Then why does the game force you to stop exploring and waste time buying items or changing charms in order for you to start exploring?

So why is it in the game then, other than to appeal to retards who think it's a challenge?

Then why is it there?

Forced boring dialogue, great. Go play a movie game.

Which you can't do until you finish what the map jew couldn't.

Cope harder.

>Tell me why there needs to be a gameplay in the first place? Devs, please, let me skip gameplay I just want to experience the story... devs puh-lease!.. *sob* just tell me a story...

You're obsessed with my wife. Stop it.

Attached: grey_mourner__ze_mer__by_eibon_w_walde_dcnkoda-pre.png (814x981, 847K)

>Get to a new stag station
>Return to Dirtmouth
>Spend some money at Sly's shop
>Use leftover money to buy a bit of stuff from Iselda before returning
Wow, I sure was inconvenienced!

Map system is one of the parts about this game, aids in the exploration considerably
And finding Cornifer in each area brings a degree of relief.
But, god forbid you ever attempt to orient yourself or make maps in your brain.

They're also the retards who whine about trial of the fool, Path of pain and NKG being too hard

Filthy casuals getting filtered out and they dont like it

This. It's Korean MMO design. Stand in front of an enemy and mash the button for ages until they're dead. Stand still and hold the button for an hour to heal. Waste more time "playing" the "game".

It's in the game for retards who think things like
>Which you can't do until you finish what the map jew couldn't.
unironically. So they don't get lost.

Absolute scrub from the past days here

I finally made some progress last night:
- beat Soul Master
- get dive
- go to crystal peak
- get crystal core
- find nailmaster in howling cliff
- get cyclone slash
- beat Mantis Lords
- get Mark of Pride

I'm having so much fun (and frustration).

I know there's people who clear Pantheons in 15min here, but this is the first time I play a challenging game in 29 years.

Attached: myla.gif (302x294, 2.71M)

No I literally mean remember where you're going with your fucking brain, stupid. It's a 2d game and the level design isn't crazy complicated, if you have an iq high enough you should be able to navigate the game without ever touching the right bumper or even talking to Cornifer.

Attached: 1547700216211.png (608x666, 95K)

don't feels pressured because some people beat the challenging part fast or slow
as long as you have fun then keep at it
also bzzzzzzzzzz

Which is why I said "when you're unfamiliar with an area".

HK brainlets can't even read.

Why would I ever want to use them? It's not like the whole point of the genre is about returning to old areas with new abilities to find discover secrets or anything.

>he thinks listening to boring dialogue and buying items is gameplay

Zoomers need to be exterminated.

Yes, you were.

>finding Cornifer in each area brings a degree of relief
>"Oh thank heavens, if I pay the Map Jew I will be allowed to use the quill I bought from him to finish his unfinished map! I love paying for the privilege of using the things I bought!"

>when Cornifer was the TRUE casual filter after all

What's the max number of charm notches?
Just beat Grimm and just want to make sure I've not missed any.

Attached: trm4k2m1z4k21.png (237x292, 22K)

>2013
hold on a minute

It puts you out of your comfort zone of knowing exactly where you are with a pinpoint accuracy that you are accustomed to in other games
That's why you cant stand it, you aren't comfortable with the idea of being unable to use this crutch

>Stand still and hold the button for an hour to heal.

This forces you to be strategic in choosing when you heal. If you healed instantly, then you might as well just have a longer health bar and you would just buttonmash bosses to death. This makes you plan things out.

like 8 or 9 my dude

Attached: DWGZ_LdXkAAEQ7H.png (290x398, 41K)

You didn't answer my question. Why does the game make you waste time to get a map that works? How does that make the game more challenging? How does that make the game more fun?

So why is the Map Jew even in the game at all?

>Which is why I said "when you're unfamiliar with an area".
>HK brainlets can't even read.
You know how you gain familiarity with an area? You fucking explore it you stupid fucking cretin.

i think 10 with the DLC
just overload them and take some risks my nigga

Of course the map is unfinished otherwise it would reveal all the secret areas
Face it, you're a turbopleb and don't like good videogames

>Stand still and hold the button for an hour to heal.
meanwhile in botw

>pause game
>eat 4 cooked steaks, a fruit salad, 8 durain fruits and 4 bananas
>aaaah fresh and healthy and now I'm 400% stronger!
truly peak gaming

You've just entered the part of the game where things get much less linear.... and much more fun.

11, including the 3 you start with.

>where things get much less linear

yes now I can enter both royal waterways (well I could already) and Deepnest.

I think the game wants me to go in the waterways...

it has been a while and i havent even touch the pantheon after it got release. should i just replay the whole thing

Whoa, never saw that one.

Game wants you to go whether the fuck you want buddy

>Game wants you to go whether the fuck you want buddy
fuck yeah

also I got absolutely anal ravaged by Soul Warrior I know he's guarding Shade Soul

is it too early for me to kill him or I'm just really bad?
I have nail +1

I'd say start again, at least until you get a hang of controls and flow of combat again
Maybe try to beat it under 10 hours or something?

Probably for small children, similar to the golden tanooki suit in Mario games.

Attached: 1550180732378.jpg (640x409, 93K)

>Why would I ever want to use them? It's not like the whole point of the genre is about returning to old areas with new abilities to find discover secrets or anything.

I can't think of a time when there were more than 24 things that I needed to remind myself about in this game. I think you just have a horrible memory.

>"Heh. Fucking casuals aren't able to run past all the enemies and go buy items from the starting area like I was. I'm so hardcore for following the tutorial's instructions!"

I don't mind not knowing exactly where I am. I mind having to go out of my way, wasting time and in-game resources, in order to find out where I am. Especially doing that every time a new zone is discovered.

So again: why is it in the game?

And that is an example of how a mechanic adds challenge to the game. Now tell me how the map nonsense adds challenge to the game.

His patterns are easy, just don't stop to heal.

is there NG+ when u keep every notch and charm to just run through the game? i've never check for it after i beat it

>Get to the creepy spider place
>Finally find a station
>Head back to Dirtmouth to buy some stuff with all the geo I gathered
>Check the map
>Notice that I can get to an unexplored area with the tram near the creepy spider place
>It's all the way on the other side of the area from the station

Why. All the other stations are in the middle of the areas so you can get anywhere you need to go fairly quickly, but this one's all the way on the edge of the map.

Having nail+2 is recommended because it allows you to oneshot the spawning Follies. You can still win by using spells intelligently, but it's hard.

So why does the game force me to stop, sit on a bench, and change out my charms before exploring?

So why am I buying the map then instead of making it myself?

How is buying the same items over and over again "gameplay"?

Answer the question, zoomer.

I don't care how many things there are to remember. Why should I have to pay the jews in order to make notes on my map?

You don't "need" to change out charms before exploring unless you're a shitter.

>its not logical therefore its bad

Deepnest is intentionally designed as a "fuck you, player" area. Everything about it is inconvenient.

some of the station location feels like they make it on purpose to fuck with players

>Having nail+2 is recommended because it allows you to oneshot the spawning Follies.
I can see this helping me immensurably.
Fuck them.

Oh well, time to try some Pale Ore

because deepnest is a cunt
every game needs an area that's an absolute cunt

>I know he's guarding Shade Soul
Why do you people voluntarily turn your games into a lesser experience by look things up beforehand?

Attached: 1450401006106.gif (450x253, 997K)

>So why does the game force me to stop, sit on a bench, and change out my charms before exploring?

The game isn't forcing you to do that, your own incompetence is.

So why is it there?

Because lore reasons and developers thought people who played games weren't babies who can't deal with having to actually play the game.

stop replying to map troll

This: , but if it makes you feel better there are valid lore reasons for the station being in an inconvenient place.

Stop feeding him, you idiots.
He's asking the most retarded question in existence - "Why?". You cannot possibly satisfy him. Not like that's his intention in the first place.

i honestly didn't even know the bee area until my 2nd playthrough
come to think about it i missed quite a handful of secret locations until 2nd playthrough with the full map

>Why do you people voluntarily turn your games into a lesser experience by look things up beforehand?
because I could not understand Yea Forums obsession with this game so I watched a couple videos

then I liked it but I was spoiled

So you can do it if you're a shitter. Why do you think having choices is a bad thing?

guys why would he do that???

Attached: sdxd0m98n4k21.png (468x564, 135K)

He's acting as the cocoon for his young you dumb nigger.

He is actually sacrificing himself in order to make them metamorphose

I think it's a good idea.

Attached: rengeshrug.gif (500x578, 2M)

Nah he's just a fat bastard

>hold a direction for a minute
>ignore enemies
>"gameplay"

Imagine being this much of a zoomer.

And waste more time checking the map? Unless the areas are braindead easy, in which case why is exploration billed as a highlight of the game?

Yeah? A Hollow Knight "lore video" told you so?
Dumbasses. Believe your own eyes and think for yourself. He fucking at them.

>Why should I have to pay the jews in order to make notes on my map?

Because what else are you going to spend all that geo on?

user I did think for myself. It was incredibly fucking obvious that he's acting as the cocoon for them.

>why is exploration billed as a highlight of the game?
because exploration is always, always rewarded. saging

Attached: ecco6iu1nuj21.jpg (313x376, 15K)

Why do you think the achievement you get after rescuing all grubs is called that way?

>It was incredibly fucking obvious
How so?

Just use a walkthrough if the game is too hard for you. This isn't babby Metroid, this is Hollow Knight.

"Why" is the most important question to ask. If you don't understand that, you are literally sub-80 IQ.

I will be satisfied if there is a good reason to force the player to buy incomplete maps instead of simply giving them the ability to fill in the map as they explore from the beginning. What is gained by adding that inconvenience?

His young are still alive, you can hear them inside him, and the achivement you unlock for freeing them all is called 'metamorphosis'. It's not rocket appliances.

>fuck, this 2d game is so confusing, i keep getting lost even though all the areas of the game have totally different color pallettes and layouts
>no one is skilled enough to navigate such a complex game, they must all be using guides!!!11

Accept that you're bad, it's the only way you will ever improve.

Shut the fuck up, Onsokumaru.

Also the GrubberFLY's Elegy description

Can you please delete this?

>GrubberFLY's Elegy

Salubra tells you Charm are made from DYING FINAL WISHES

>His young are still alive
>still
You don't sound very confident in your own theory.

>because exploration is always, always rewarded.
Getting the chance to pay a jew for the privilege of using an item you already bought is not a reward.

Only zoomers raised on mobile games think that being allowed to pay to use something you own is a reward.

There is nothing hard about wasting time running back and forth between areas in order to make a basic UI features usable.

why are primal aspid a meme?
they're easy as fuck

But its ambiguous enough to suggest that maybe he needs to eat all those Grubs to turn into a Grubberfly
Maybe a Grubberfly will show up in Silksong to clarify, but probably not as the ambiguous end is probably what Team Cherry are going for.

She says mainly, not that all. The charm LITERALLY says that is from the gratitude of the grubs

>Few ways a charm appears but mainly it's from final wish, a dying bug's potent desire crystallised into these gorgeous, powerful trinkets. Now don't go getting too sad. There are exceptions of course, and really, it's quite beautiful, makes them all the more precious.
>few ways a charm appears
>there are exceptions of course

nobody said they are hard
just fucking annoying
like fucking zubat in pokemon cave

>all the areas of the game have totally different color pallettes and layouts
Grey. Bluish grey. Grey with green. Lighter grey. Grey.
Wow such rich environments to explore.

And again: holding down a button and staring at a map is not "skill".

Attached: 1535390460563.png (400x401, 97K)

>the achievement
A seemingly caring father turns out to be a bloodthirsty glutton. Quite a "metamorphosis", huh?

>What is gained by adding that inconvenience?
1) once in a new zone you feel lost and that's CLEARLY what they were going for.
2) not having a map right away should force you to think with your own fucking retsrded brain and remember point of interest to learn the map and remember how to navigate it.
3) Cornifer sells maps, which require money. Money is gathered by killing enemies, mostly. that means avoiding enemies at all times is greatly discouraged.
you are a fucking retard
>Getting the chance to pay a jew for the privilege of using an item you already bought is not a reward.
who the fuck is talking about Cornifer? I'm talking about charms, new abilities, secret bosses, secret areas, items that can be sold for money.

>still enabling him
-140 IQ

The Grub "father" was very grateful to for the delicious meal.

I'm convinced it is just one autist replying to himself, time like this having ID would be good

Hey, he paid for it well, what do I care.

Annoying enemies that are everywhere in platforming sections. They aren't hard, just a pain in the ass.

Attached: 1551772418093.png (1690x1622, 140K)

Attached: zhornet.png (368x408, 189K)

Is there a lore reason for why all these worms are trapped in pristine little capsules at all?

>t-they're not hard, j-just annoying, that's it, h-haha

Update.

Git gud!
>brooding mawlek
>gruz mother
>false knight
>nosk
>first-time hornet
>gorb
>the colector
>dung defender
>crystal guardian
>mantis lords
>galien
>xero
>soul master
>markoth
>traitor lord (the bug lady assisted me on this one but I don't think it matters much)
>flukemarm
>hive knight
>failed champion

Only those who prove their honor in combat may enter the grove beyond.
>broken vessel
>uumuu
>no eyes
>watcher knights
>first dream zote
>second dream zote
>third dream zote
>second-time hornet
>hollow knight
>fourth dream zote
>lost kin
>grimm

To attain a pure focus, is it even possible?
>fifith dream zote
>sixth dream zote
>seventh dream zote
>trial of the fool

Wanderers seeking death, welcome.
>Path of Pain

Attached: Grey-Mourner-Hollow-Knight-Игры-Игровой-арт-4820651.png (962x918, 1.5M)

Yes

Holy shit imagine giving a shit about the boring "story" in this game, lmao.

>1) once in a new zone you feel lost and that's CLEARLY what they were going for.
Same effect is achieved by filling out a map as you go automatically.
2) not having a map right away should force you to think with your own fucking retsrded brain and remember point of interest to learn the map and remember how to navigate it.
Same effect is achieved by filling out a map as you go automatically. Nobody should need a "reminder" to form a mental map.
3) Cornifer sells maps, which require money. Money is gathered by killing enemies, mostly. that means avoiding enemies at all times is greatly discouraged.
If you enjoy grinding, go play an RPG.

There is no reason for the map bullshit to exist as is other than to trick retards into thinking they're hardcore because they're willing to pay for UI elements, and to pad out the game's length with retarded bullshit.

Yes, play the game.

Attached: 1551568097465.png (645x773, 11K)

>no argument
Thanks for admitting I'm right.

>trial of the fool
>Path of Pain
lol

Look at the fucking charm. It's a butterfly that looks like a grub. Did you know how butterflies work?

I made an OC.

Attached: guyslive.png (627x587, 434K)

le collectionneur

Based and honeypilled.

>Did you know how butterflies work?
I do. They sure as hell don't swallow their children to serve as a cocoon for them.
>the fucking charm
Do you know what elegy is?

THE MALE FANTASY

kek

>Same effect is achieved by filling out a map as you go automatically.
what? how? If I already know what's ahead how am I going to feel the thrill of discovery?
>Nobody should need a "reminder" to form a mental map.
why?
>If you enjoy grinding, go play an RPG.
>killing enemies as you progress is grinding
go ahead, amuse me.

Attached: 1551325414126.jpg (462x462, 47K)

based hivebro

Attached: peace.gif (500x281, 275K)

Why is there so much fan art of the grey mourner fighting the knight?

I'm not honey bro btw
I took the PoP pic off google

I liked a lot the map system

More than others metroidvania

Well, eating each other/letting yourself to be eaten is quite common for insects. Yes, irl grubs don't eat each other to provide cocoons, but last time I checked irl bugs also don't have a secret underground sentient kingdom.

>Same effect is achieved by filling out a map as you go automatically.

You're never lost when the map autofills, you can always backtrack. With no map at all, you get to actually get the real feeling of exploring a dangerous place.

Because she's based as fuck.

what if bugs don't know what's a SNAKE and call it Wyrm?

What if the ash in Kingdom's Edge is just some Snake old skin who changed skin and left his old one there?

And the Pale King made up some bullshit?

>so much

>but last time I checked irl bugs also don't have a secret underground sentient kingdom.
yeah, how bout going down there and get us some footage

Attached: doubt.jpg (200x303, 16K)

Alright, that's enough shitposting. Let's have a serious discussion for once.
Do you think Hornet is into sexual cannibalism?

2 is a pretty high amount of fanart for this very specific event that doesn't actually happen in the game.

She's a whiny bitch who's too lazy to deliver her present herself.

the knight and hornet didn't have any sexual relation in the game either but i don't see you complain about the amount of lewd made from them

>the knight and hornet didn't have any sexual relation in the game either

I hope not, cause they're half-siblings.

A Primal Aspid is not hard. A Primal Aspid shooting you while you're trying to kill something else has one of the best chances of any enemy to actually hit you.

Do you mean like an irl mantis? There are mantid in game, but I don't think there's any ingame lore suggesting that females eat males after sex.

Even better.

Ants are scarily sentient with their hivemind stuff, so who knows, maybe they are just good at hiding it.

>last time I checked irl bugs also don't have a secret underground sentient kingdom.
ant colonies have jobs and order, unlike Detroit.

>It was observed that when males mated with a non-sibling female, the duration of their copulation was prolonged, and consequently the males were cannibalized more frequently.[17] When males mated with a sibling female, they copulated briefly, and thus were more likely to escape cannibalism.
Fucking your sister is the smart thing to do if you are an arthropod.

If crystals are valuable enough to be mined, why can't I collect any?

>Why does the game limit the number of markers you can put on the map and force you to pay for them?

I played 3/4 of the game without markers and had no problems scrub

Attached: mm0g50x4k6i21.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f709ddeeae0bf7a15fc8eededcbab1e9c6421 (640x520, 283K)

>mfw you step on the chosen bug on your way to work and condemns an entire kingdom in the process

Attached: 1551214247409.png (450x450, 228K)

You sound like a bitch dude.

is there any downside to killing the nailworker with pure nail?

I did it and nothing happened yet.

Attached: 20190227052610_1.jpg (1920x1080, 203K)

No.

[ WHIIIIIIIIIRRRR takes up pace ]

Attached: xfkgehbxfzh21.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=9d102c67afdde04578b15dd59553da719f742 (640x531, 339K)

are you looking down at his corpse?

yeah

Attached: hornet is beauty hornet is grace.png (2600x2001, 809K)

She's a dirty little lewd slut

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-04 Hollow Knight Silksong - Announcement Trailer - Nintendo Switch - YouTube.png (1034x582, 988K)

She's seriously such a cool design. I'm so hype that we're getting more of her.

how can such a based team of devs come from that shit hole australia. nearly unimaginable

>naked insects everywhere
I sleep.
>bug upskirt

Attached: nut.gif (560x560, 265K)

>Contains the gratitude of grubs who will move to the next stage of their lives. Imbues weapons with a holy strength.
Is the description of the charm. It's also called the grubberFLY's elegy, not the grub's elegy. Additionally while an elegy is often a lament for the dead, it's not exclusively one.

she's juicing

>grubberFLY
singular.
it's dad flying time

Killing him gets you one achievement, not killing him gets you a different one later on if you go to the area he leaves to.

does grubfly elegy distance increase with mark of pride?

>filename
I want hornet to sit on my face.

Attached: cool bugs don't look at eruptions.jpg (2289x2212, 727K)

cameltoe

The only actually bad part is that Compass charm. Fuck that nigger.

Attached: Wayward_Compass.png (360x450, 199K)

>actually make me open the picture full size to check
fucking hell, what did you people do to me

Clothes are what make nudity sexual.

Imagine being this much of a brainlet

Attached: x87nniotw1h21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=11c4b04279c0c24142f72cb05a2ea8895c0a5 (640x718, 72K)

How limited do we expect Hornet to be at the start of the game? I'm thinking she'll be the same as the Knight with a weakened needle, basic swing, normal jump and a healing mechanic. They could explain her weakened moved as her nail not being strong enough to handle what she needs it to until she upgrades and having enough silk reserves to do Gossamer Storm as frequently as she did in the fight with the Knight

Attached: hornet powering up.gif (403x373, 124K)

Attached: 2.png (640x448, 414K)

Get fragile strength and i believe you can oneshot them with nail thats been upgraded with one ore.

Its not like the knight's mask looked anything like his health bar.

It's not an oversight, it's a bad decision regarding game design. Which this game is full of (over excessive backtracking, shop placement, bench locations etc.).
And while most of those aren't really game breaking they pile up in unnecessarily tedious task you're expected to do in this games

>basic swing
I'm only ok with this if platforming is challenging from the start

I wanted Zote to be secretly OP so fucking hard.

Attached: 1551659047487.jpg (355x369, 83K)

>Get fragile strength
but I die

he is in his dream

>I wanted Zote to be secretly OP so fucking hard.
If you study the lore you will find out Zote was the Knight who left his armor to the thing that became the False Knight

It ain't HIS dream tho.

I meant needle swing not silk slinging like Spiderman

>not silk slinging like Spiderman
which is confirmed in the trailer

will be an upgrade I think

Friendly reminder that Hornet is half spider and will be able to crawl in this game.

Attached: spider.png (262x207, 99K)

Then dont.
Or you can cheese it by quitting to menu just before you die.
There is a shortcut back to thr bench you had to pay for just outside soul sanctum.
Its in the middle of the lift shaft that goes up to the elegant key door.

> will be able to crawl in this game
damn, already better than original metroid

>There is a shortcut back to thr bench you had to pay for just outside soul sanctum.
got it ;-)

How to fix this stupid crash to desktop when quitting the game?

Attached: bat hug.png (1366x768, 1.05M)

I would agree if it was more trouble, but it's not. I'm kind of take it or leave it about the map system on one part it can get annoying in some hard to navigate places but for the most part i thought it was a nice way to encourage exploration. The quill and buying maps to me was fine since the npc tends to be near the start of each area. The compass I didnt mind but see why people would have gripes with since it's a charm slot, and having that as part of the map itself instead wouldn't seem to big of a deal. I honestly felt too much satisfaction from seeing my little knight scribble on the bench and after seeing all the areas I explored filled in. But that's just my weird and probably autistic ass enjoying that kind of stuff.
The only thing I might say is padding is the lantern you need to get thought the dark areas, 1800 is chump change mid to late but early game it's a pain. It is needed to open some shortcuts and get some shards and fragments.

Attached: 1492324619830.gif (640x360, 1.3M)

Attached: metroidcrawl.jpg (600x646, 91K)

worked on my machine :), and i bought it btw not pirate

>How to fix this stupid crash to desktop when quitting the game?
disable "native controller"

Are you implying that I pirated the game?

Oh. Thanks.

Attached: tumblr_p7hj3fyooM1tkksseo1_500.png (500x596, 136K)

>Are you implying that I pirated the game?
i-it's just a meme bro, don't be mad

I need a physical edition of both HK and silksong with an artbook. I need it

Too late, I already got your IP.

Find the nail smith and upgrade the nail itself if not done already, this is where the big boy enemies take forever to kill hit a bit harder.

So what's up with the suicidal exploding bat-bugs? How does a creature that seemingly has no survival instinct manage to not go extinct?

I have +1 but he wants a pale ore for +2 and I have not found any yet

Obviosly they weren't suicidal or explosive before they got infected.

I really enjoyed the map system.
I find it hard to get lost in video games.

It's infected, they look similar to the little flying shits at the beginning of greenpath except it's got a huge belly.
>Get Infected
>Pick a spot
>Dive bomb and explode into a shower of sunny D on whatever comes in range.
Cordyceps does something similar i think, in that it forces insects to get to a high vantage point to spread spores.
That fucking fungus is proof enough that we're in a living hell.

Attached: Mosscreep a cute.jpg (1024x1463, 187K)

i went half the game without the map markers, only bought them because i amassed a fuck tonnne of geo in queen's garden and needed something to spend it on.

>i amassed a fuck tonnne of geo in queen's garden
OwO
it's farming time
I've not been there yet

I want that goddamn lamp

How the fuck do people struggle to afford things like the lamp? The only time I had to deliberately go out of my way to make geo for something was converting the fragile charms to their unbreakable variants.

>have trouble with inputs sometimes
>absolutely sure my timing is right
>read on another thread "disable vsync"
>wtf I'm fucking Samus now

""""Aussie game development"""

I let too many a shade with geo go to waste before unlocking jiji

Vsync is pretty much universally bad in every game when you're concerned about things like input lag, user.

deepnest gives a lot of dosh if you can handle the environment bullshit. best place to farm reliably is to go from the stag station in kings station to the spot where the big elevator that leads to the resting grounds.

vsync on 60 fps should add AT MOST 16 ms of input lag
most controllers have around 8ms input lag

it's clearly half a second worse with vsync on at times, there's something bad going on

>spend hour farming for last unbreakable charm
>forgot i could sell my masses of relics to Lemm
fuck

hey they are literally small indie company user

Alright guys, Steel Soul is raping me since I'm trying to also do the 5 hour achievement. From what I've learned, I shouldn't fuck with Hornet 2 until I have more powerful stuff. Maybe getting the Pale Ore when I go for Broken Vessel. Forgot how difficult the "easy" bosses could be without the shadow dash.

Attached: somalithumb.png (160x171, 40K)

Two guys, with the third doing the music.
Boggles my fucking mind they produced this masterpiece.

Attached: Smol.jpg (183x352, 23K)

>an hour farming
It takes like maybe 20 minutes to just do the trial of the conqueror a few times. What were you thinking user?

hour is probably an exaggeration
i was killing the flying worms that spawn crawlers in deepnest
still feel like an absolute mug.
only needed to "farm" geo for the unbreakable charms, everything else is pretty easy to get.

I literally never had a problem with money since I always carried gathering swarm. By the time I got to the unbreakable charm lady I had 49K geo

This guys is why the map was left unfinished so moments like this where you go "oh shit I missed that" happen

>why should I buy it
Partially because as mentioned before by other anons it leads to you being pulled out of your comfort zone being in unknown zone, trying to find the map maker in the new area itself has a weird excitement to it and having you make the map would take that away.

That's atleast what I felt and took from it.

>why it cost geo
To be fair Devs probably saw it fit to have it be something you had to work for mechanically, like it or not. They felt that it was fair and reasonable

You can have your own opinion on it and gripes but it seems most people actually really find this system to work well and suit the games aesthetic. I get where you're coming from though since I had the same logic for the longest time

The music guy isn't one of the three. For the first game it was Ari Gibson, William Pellen, and Dave Kazi, and for Godmaster and Silksong Dave has been replaced by Jack Vine.

It's always fun as fuck to compare newbies complaining about the most stupid stuff in the game versus seasoned players who fight for an hour 42 bosses and still have fun

Attached: 1550071616467.jpg (1024x997, 67K)

I thought Dave only worked on Hungry Knight and not Hollow Knight.

You don't need it though, the fact that is optional is a great way to reward people who realize the map is the easiest shit to read ever with a free notch, while the option is still there for people who will still have problems understanding it.

Part of the fun, stock up on geo too I believe it cost geo+ore to upgrade
Most of those kind of stuff you just run into from exploring right after a new power in different areas

The funny thing is that people is always saying that if you want to buy it early you need to farm for it, but in my second run I was sitting at more than 2k geo before entering Fungal Wastes and all I did was buy the necessary and not die.

Only problem I had with the map system is the compass being a badge that takes up one of my precious notches. Should have been an item like the lantern and the quill.

Fuck me, my toaster can't handle the game without vsync on...

I had it really early on my first playthrough and didn't grind for it. I honestly don't understand what people are doing. Do they just repeatedly die and never collect their shade?

Nope, he's listed in the credits of Hollow Knight as the technical director.

you don't need it

>I had it really early on my first playthrough and didn't grind for it. I honestly don't understand what people are doing. Do they just repeatedly die and never collect their shade?
I spent like over 3500 at Salubras and other shit

that's good
promotes using the map as a 'proper' map and also learning the layout of the world
you'll be backtracking through different areas by the end of the game you'll know hollownest completely without ever needing to open a map
except for fucking deepnest

>Going for hornet 2 in a speedrun.
Nani.
The 5 hour achievement only needs you to kill hollow knight, you dont need 100%.
>Free all grubs, grab all geo nodes and relics you find on the way
>Abuse the bench mechanic of quitting to menu to skip a fuck ton of backtracking, particular after getting dash cloak since that also skips a cutscene.
>Start
>Do a circuit of crossroads, killing both bosses and getting sly.
>Get money charm, stop by grubfather to get your loot.
>Progress through greenpath, attempt the spell blast skip if you're gud, just keep going if you fail like i do.
>Once you have dash, go back to crossroads and go down into the gunal cavern from there.
>You should have enough geon for fragile charms.
>To the left of this area is the mushroom battle which gives you a charm notch.
>Get mantis claw and fight lords
>Progress through deepnest until you get the trampass.
>Nope.jpg back out to said tram and take it to the abyss.
>Grab the pale ore.
>Kingdoms edge
>City of tears backwards.
>Sell all your relics
>Go upgrade your nail twice.
>Bully soul master.
>Go fight dungboi and jack his kings idol afterwards
>Go get ismas tear.
>Should have enough geo for the lamp.
>Go get super dash and dream nail.
>Get double jump after that.
You now have everything you need to get all three dreamers.
Just dont do what i did and choke at ummu or watcher knights and you'll be fine.
rainingchain.com/hollowknight/map
There's a map for things if you want to plan out a route or double check where items are.

Four guys then, still impressive.

There are a couple scattered around.
The easiest one to get to at that point in the game is in the abyss tramway
Be prepared for a fight though.

Attached: Hornet Knight.png (729x900, 900K)

Seriously, if you can't keep track of a few rooms and their positions relative to each other, you should probably file for disability.

That armour belongs to one of the 5 champions. That’s why there’s a shrine to it at the entrance to the city of tears. Zote was not one of the 5 champions.

He was
He's in icognito now and keeping a low profile

Hollow Knight's a great game but fans will defend the map system to death because tedium = hard

>because tedium = hard
not even about that

learning not to have a compass and having a simple map will help you immensely later on because you memorize the world and the shortcuts and can traverse quickly

The map system is only "tedious" if you're fucking braindead.

>it's another retard who's gotten to used to auto-maps reducing exploration to "go where the arrow marks" in modern games
I'm genuinely starting to feel sorry about these types who come complaining about a fantastic map system because they've never know what actual exploration is.

but user i want to speed it my way and never touch the sewers

Attached: hkz08.jpg (800x600, 63K)

The map system is probably the best thing the game has done.

>p-please hold my hand, I c-can't explore on my own heeelp
You will never understand nor feel the joy of getting out of Herra's fun house for the first time after falling there on accident and with no map. This game is not for you

Attached: abitcloser.jpg (427x300, 16K)

keep in mind people who started gaming with Bioshock and Skyrim can legally post here

it's only gonna get worse

>what do you mean you don't have lock-on aim?
>I need to move my what?

>wtf no running button
etc

Reminds me of complaints about other games. Eventually it's changed and the dev will include more frequent save spots, quick travel, etc.

Guess what, it ruins the fucking game. Stop trying to zoom past everything and just appreciate it. Can guarantee without the map updating aspect it wouldn't be as good.

Fuck people wanting small "conveninces" added. Slippery slope. Do you want arrows telling you where to go as well? How about summons to help you with the bossess?

Game a bit slow for you? Just fast travel to earlier locations. Oh what's that, game finished already?

Fuck you. Fuck people who suggest these things.

Prime Vessels are so fucking cool, holy shit.

Attached: Adult Lost Kin and Knight.jpg (892x1200, 71K)

Impossible, you need Isma's tear unless there's a skip i'm unaware of.

Attached: Sibling fashion.png (672x900, 738K)

Ironically, Hollow Knight has fast travel and there is more than one instance of an NPC summon helping you out in a boss fight.

Can't I just shadow cloak to find Monomon and avoid acid with super dash?

Attached: bugos.png (814x1024, 290K)

>>Ironically, Hollow Knight has fast travel

Stag stations are always 3 miles from anything you need in an area
and that is a good thing, it made me git gud

i explored both the deepness and beast's den in a same run. got to a point where i got so much geo and can't see a bench or stag station yet yet. then the kidnap happened and i lost everything trying to get out of that
good time though

You don't even need shadow cloak to get to Monomon if you're doing acid skips anyways. You can get there from Crossroads.

if silk song gets casualized because of faggots bitching about trivial shit boy let me tell you i will be sad

Attached: 1551824021436.jpg (153x256, 12K)

Mutilated mutt detected

B-but the Devs *did* add a new quick travel spot in the Ancient Basin and a fast travel system in the Dreamgate. And everyone agrees that those changes made the game better.

Attached: 2345678876543.png (271x248, 102K)

Literally the only quest I can even remember playing in Oblivion is that one where you have to follow a map with some clues because there's no compass/map marker for it. And it was completely fuckign braindead too, it pointed you to the first part and then you had to walk like 5 steps to find the next landmark. It's really incredible how so many staples of modern game design make the games so much less interesting.

I just don't want to use skips I didn't/don't know about and keep it a natural speed.

Attached: 1414087965780.png (245x258, 113K)

The only use for the map is finding hidden places by recognizing areas that are suspicious on the map. The only use for the pin to track your position is to avoid getting lost.

If you have any spatial awareness, you can literally ignore the map entirely and still navigate without issue.

not him but i think adding some sort of "cheat" or "game breaking" mechanic at the very end of a game to circumvent some of the backtracking is fine. just need to implement it at the right place and time

ayy

The Dreamgate is instant though.

Well I do. I have absolutely no spacial awareness. Maps and charts are the bane of my existence.

>Saying "Cope" seriously as an argument
Good god this place is trash now.

Post more bugs.

Attached: 1551229045532.gif (500x186, 3.03M)

You know how rewarding is to reach the next save/rest spot when you're tackling a new area in a game?
HK manages to improve that because there's literally nothing pointing to that place, no clues or help save for maybe a sign in the world when you're getting closer.
It's much more thrilling when you find that bench, because it means you were able to navigate without help, just understanding your general location/direction and remembering where you came from, which is easy as fuck and if you can't do it you seriously have a memory problem.
The reward not only is a save spot but a better understanding of the area you came through: suddenly everything becomes clear and since you have your that area fresh due to the exploration it's really easy to understand what those new parts in the map correspond to.

Plus the fact the map is actually drawn based on room shape makes it retardedly easy to read and understand. Obviously, this bench system wouldn't work if the map was the usual square-grid autofill a lot of metroidvanias have. But as it is you don't even need the compass to understand where you are.
I seriously don't think there are this many brainlets, is just people so used to have a marker holding their hands that they don't even consider trying to drop it and see if they can still understand it, which they would if they gave it a go.

Do people seriously want an prefill auto-map giving then everything they need in a silver plate?
Exploration is about YOU discovering shit, not a gameplay mechanic discovering it for you and telling you where the next progress point is like most games do nowadays.

Attached: 1373297993032.jpg (900x728, 103K)

>an assassin that uses his nose as a whip
Why are Kickstarter backers SO FUCKING RETARDED?

>The Dreamgate is instant though.

>dude the game is easymode because you have instant teleport after 80 hours!

dreamgate is past endgame.

That is a backer character?
Aren't they pretty much "free" now to do what they want as devs after the first game gave them the money?

[Ominous latin bug chanting]

>Prefer's fighting Hornet 2 over the sewers.
I mean, okay, but you're inflicting that on yourself

I knew there was a skip, need to look it up.

Attached: Pure Vessel Phase 2.png (900x742, 758K)

Attached: 1454350542792.png (222x227, 7K)

this is what killed dark souls 3 for me, everything was so god damn convenient i liked it when the vendors had their own spot.

>Well I do. I have absolutely no spacial awareness. Maps and charts are the bane of my existence.

maybe because you keep using crutches

>dreamgate is past endgame.
What the fuck? You unlock dreamgate at like 900 essence.

Looking at the clear rates for some of the games achievements, I’d steel yourself. Only half of all owners (2 million+) beat the FIRST Hornet fight. Pantheon Of Hallownest has a 0.8% clear rate. Given that backers get Silksong for free, they’re obviously the majority of that 0.8%. TC doesn’t need to appeal to them because they’re getting the game free. It’s the million people that can’t beat Hornet that TC are trying to sell Silksong to. You may be right to be worried.

See? Despite the fact that it excels when it comes to characters and combat, as well as actual platforming challenge, they desperately want to bloat the difficulty with anything else.

I got lost on my way to school twice in the course of my life.

Mario's a.....

>HK manages to improve that because there's literally nothing pointing to that place, no clues or help save for maybe a sign in the world when you're getting closer.

I kept seeing the Bench signs as some mad dude with a magician hat

Attached: Bench_sign.png (158x249, 25K)

The map system has nothing to do with difficulty. How much of a fucking moron are you?

On that note, why are there signs pointing towards benches? I can understand signs pointing to stations and hot springs, but who the fuck puts up a sign pointing to benches? Sometimes multiple within a short distance from one another?

Why are you so lame? It's a ridiculously cool idea. Also, anyone else see Steel Soul Jinn's design in the armor he wears?

Attached: Assassin_bug.gif (639x215, 166K)

>Only half of all owners (2 million+) beat the FIRST Hornet fight.
does it count people who buy and put the game in backlog?

isn't it just nature of these games everywhere?
like i have a ps4 and a lot of those "free" psn+ game never get to 80-90% of people who just basically finish the first level or tutorial

Well, they still didn't deliver on a few of their most expensive backer tiers, from what I know.

It's like a rest stop sign on a highway.

if only silksong try to fuck with players. some bench signs is actually lead you to a hard boss, would be neat

Assuming he's looking at Steam achievements, no. Steam achievement stats aren't counted for an account until they launch the game.

My low skill fasturn strat is this:
Smack geo if it's in the same room as you, smack enemies if they're in the same room as you.
Don't explore upper Crossroads (yet)
Sit at the Forgotten Crossroads bench
Take top route down to sly (past the husk warriors)
S&Q, stag to town, buy Gathering Swarm, S&Q, equip it.
False Knight
Mound
Sit at Mound, equip Soulcatcher + Gathering
Enter Greenpath
Squit pogo
Pick up some extra geo behind a breakable wall in the room with the obbles, to the left of the husk bullies.
When you kill the mossknight in the arena with closed gates, exit the room and re-enter it to fight him again for an extra 40 geo.
Zote is optional but the vengefly does give some dosh
Unlock Greenpath Stag
Hornet 1, kick her ass, S&Q (to Mound)
Go to Leg Eater.
I tend to have about 1050 Geo by the time I reach him
Buy Fragile Greed, equip it instead of Soulcatcher
Charm Notch
Exit room, re-enter, kill Shroom ogre again.
Path to Queen's Station, grab the Hallownest seal along the way, open Queen's Station, S&Q (to Leg Eater)
By now you -should- have the dosh to get all 3 of his fragile charms. If not then farm shroom ogres. they die fast if you overcharm fragile greed + strength + gathering swarm.
Go get Mantis Claw
Skip mantis lords, skip bretta
On your way back up towards City of Tears, get the grub at the top of the mushroom bounces with all the ... floating eyes closed guys, and open the gate there.
City of Tears
Sit at Quirrel bench
Nail +1
S&Q
Swap Fragile Greed for Fragile Strength
Lemm, hand him the 2 Hallownest Crests and 2 Wander Journals you have so far, should have about 1800 geo now.
Soul Sanctum (Nail + 1 & Fragile kills soul twisters in 3 hits)
Lol Master, Ground Pound
>cont

>understanding one of the easiest 2D maps to read ever and being able to explore without handholding is "difficult"
literal brainlet

One bench has a boss sitting on it.

nah im not seeing anythin

Attached: pale boys.png (777x437, 653K)

what do they need to deliver content wise?

Somehow I never noticed the signs until the one for the stag in Queen's Garden

Pic related

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-05-21-12-02-1.png (1437x1367, 655K)

Benches were culturally important in Hallownest.
I must say they had taste.

Attached: 727y36u84679098.jpg (1280x720, 171K)

You're just a brainlet, user. I hope they keep the map system in silksong, because it's literally perfect. Watching retards struggling with it is loads of fun

>dreamgate is past endgame.
holy shit, are you one of those faggots that think hornet fights are hard? lmao

Attached: 2D24661C849648D789F738BF651F6C58.jpg (600x600, 31K)

>illiterate calling someone else a brainlet

I just recently did steel soul sub 5 h, you can use crystal power+ doubke jump ti traverse monomon place no need for tear really.

A backer designed boss - which will apparently be that abomination.
And a whole backer designed zone.

Still working on Path of the Knight

Is there some trick to Soul Tyrant I don't know or is he always annoying and a drag to fight? I pretty much beat him without taking damage but it takes ages with him teleporting everywhere

I'm guessing this is just an artbook, not an actual physical copy, considering they only just cancelled a planned physical copy a few months ago.

So the knight's species are stag beetles, right?

>it's an underwater level

Attached: 3c84ei0o7cjz.jpg (600x300, 47K)

No. Gorb + Xero + Hu + No Eyes already gets you to 400 Essence, and they're mid-game at the latest. Then you only have to beat a single dream boss and fill in the rest with Whispering Roots.

Speaking of hot springs, I feel like there weren't enough of them. I can only think of 4.

Could be worse.
Imagine having problems with HK's map and needing the compass.
Thank god I'm not this retarded.

>It's a level with jellyfish in a game about bugs

both gonna be in silksong i assume?
do they just take the idea and work around it or do they actually have to put in exactly what the backer want?

They already did that with Crystal Guardian

>metamorphosis
You should google that.

>>it's an underwater level

uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh........

Attached: swim_zpsqtnztf70.gif (640x279, 1.72M)

They're kinda superfluous. Having a place to refill your soul is nice and all, but you can do that easily enough just by killing mobs. It'd be one thing if there was one in Dirtmouth, since that'd actually be useful, but since hotsprings are rarely in areas where they'd be of significant benefit, they were just kinda there.

I'm really hoping for a new, more complete vinyl. I'm not a fan of the kingsoul and voidheart designs of the ones that exist now.

Yeah I know about him but it was still a real bench after you kick his ass. Im talking about some jester fucking with you and putting up fake signs, legit only lead you to some forsaken area without any bench and nothing but miserable

The jellyfish are artificial constructs designed to contain the infection.

Attached: Oh that's hot.jpg (301x315, 31K)

2 bosses, 3 dungeons + bosses, and one village

youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME

Ugh, idiots will think he's Void, right?

I wonder why the Pale King didn't just raise a few Vessels at once. He could have kept them as bodyguards.

Attached: tumblr_p30vn7uT1X1u3wrkgo2_1280.png (1280x1280, 2.95M)

ah nvm, true bughunt starts here

Attached: 1542375471304.png (1920x1080, 2.22M)

>Ugh, idiots will think he's Void, right?
Mossbag already does

True autism starts here.

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (1920x1080, 319K)

Yeah, they were more part of the worldbuilding than anything. I remember only finding the one in the Crossroads useful for testing charm compositions.

I was personally disappointed with the Tram Pass. Looked like a huge upgrade to me with a lot of potential but I got it extremely late the first time and there's only 2 lines, one of them could be argued to be a fancy gate (Resting Grounds).
The line at the depths shows how much potential the tram pass, giving you the only true sequence break in the game. I just wish there were more times you use it.

Attached: 25467356y7u4678789.png (593x316, 257K)

>Different nails get available
>Life Ender is an option
>It deals literally no damage
>but it fills your soul meter in one hit

i ain't that autistic, but grats

>Just an artbook

I’ll kill everyone in this thread for a decent Artbook

So who ripped that garpede in half if the Knight can't even kill them?

Attached: Location_Garpede.png (726x147, 95K)

I'd kill y'all first for a physical release of Hollow Knight.

Skip Cornifer Bench
Simple key
Storeroom stag bench, sit, open stagway.
Lift to grab the soul vessel if you want then S&Q but this is skippable.
Stag to Crossroads
Sit at Crossroads bench
Top path to Salubra, kill the Husk guards on the way if you want because they are now pisseasy and free 45 geo
Buy Salubra's cheaper charms + 2 charm slots (so you now have 6 slots)
S&Q back to Crossroads stag
Fragile Strength + Fragile Greed + Gathering Swarm
Optional: Go get the Grub mask shard, Mawlek mask shard, the mask shard from leading a vengefly past goams and pogoing it up to a goam gauntlet, and buy the 150 shard from Sly if you want 6 masks instead of 5 for Crystal peak.
Get the grub at top right of Crossroads
Ground Pound into Crystal Peak
Kick Crystal Guardian's ass and sit at his bench
Crystal Heart
S&Q to bench
Pale ore at the top of Crystal Peak. You don't have to pogo the miner's pickaxe, you can pogo the crystal above the miner and dash left to hit the wall, then walljump off it. Much easier.
Skip the grub on the way to the ore because FUCK that grub. Top path only.
You'll see one of those crystal launching flying fuckers near the top by itself. Fuck's sake don't kill it. Pogo it to get up to reach the ore.
S&Q
Watch a video on how to get through the dark room in Crypeak without the lantern. If you get down to 1 mask S&Q and come back, don't risk dying.
Dream Nail
Open Resting Grounds stag station
If you didn't get 6 masks for Crypeak, go get those now since you can buy stuff from sly with your Crypeak dosh.
Buy Elegant Key too.
If you didn't get the Mawlek shard or the Goam pogo shards earlier now's probably the best time.
If you really want to be safe, buy 3 shards from Sly and get the one at Queen's station. I find it's excessive but if you want 7 masks it can help.
Stag to Storerooms
Nail + 2
>cont

and then who you gonna talk about HK with or brag about the artbook with?

No, Pale King, no!

I never had much hope for the tram. I knew it'd be usable sooner or later, but I noticed that each only connect two areas. They seem to exist purely for world building purposes, but since they can only go in a straight line, their usefulness was bound to be extremely limited, especially when stags exist.

Zote

Dude they were literally his zombified children.
It's bad enough he had to sire and kill an uncountable amount and use one as a vessel.
Keeping them around as generic guards would be a bit much.

Calm down sire.

Attached: Pale farquad.jpg (656x500, 95K)

The Hunter

>I wonder why the Pale King didn't just raise a few Vessels at once. He could have kept them as bodyguards
He did, lad. Those are the tiny black monsters in the abyss. They all failed though, which is why they were abandoned down there.

google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjkhPv-u-3gAhUzrHEKHXmHArwQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https://nintendosoup.com/hollow-knight-switch-physical-release-appears-to-be-happening-again/&psig=AOvVaw0oE3qo6RPr9nB8286nVJtP&ust=1551960087348936

The Switch physical release is back on

Me.

Attached: 04f82dd884c7efd.png (1200x1200, 11K)

Well considering its innards have completely either rotted away or eaten, I'd say that it's been dead for a long time.

Someone who isn't limited by game mechanics.

It's not that farfetched. The whipping attack he does looks *exactly* like the void tentacles in the Abyss, those on the Pure Vessel and the Lord of Shades.

It died a natural death.

Don’t look like no natural death I ever seen.

I started to play this 2 days ago.
Man, you really need patience....

how many garpede have you seen recently?
check mate, where is your bug god now

Maybe it got scavenged afterwards, after it's hard exterior decayed a bit.

Chipotle leftovers probably

In my dreams

>if the Knight can't even kill them
That's a really shitty way of quantifying power. The Knight also can't pierce Uumuu, but Quirrel can. No one thinks Quirrel is stronger than the Knight. Maybe Garpedes aren't resistant to acid spit, or maybe someone broke it open by piercing the fleshy bits between the body segments.

Another garpede. I thought that would be obvious. He lost the fight to smash

this might sound like a weird request but anybody have lewd of the knight x cloth?

Attached: 1550216580360.jpg (577x276, 22K)

you can't judge me
only the pale king can judge my sins

Attached: 1537723275028.png (228x287, 71K)

Shit, forgot: After going Storeroom, you can unlock the Cornifer bench before getting Nail +2.
You probably don't have the 800 dosh so feed shit to Lemm on the way down. That King's statue is good for this.
S&Q
Upgraded Fireball
S&Q
Optional: If you feel like you can handle it, go kick Lol Tyrant's ass with Fragile Strength, Fragile Heart, Nail+2, and 6 masks. It's totally skippable but doing it now saves a bit of time.
Open Royal Waterway with simple key
Sit at the bench in there
Go get Dashmaster, rescue Bretta, and grab the mask shard. If you got literally all the optionals that shard will be your 7th mask.
Go wreck Dung Defender.
If he gets you to 1 hp save and quit and retry until you do get him. You can swap Fragile Greed for Fragile Heart if you want.
Isma's Tear
Ancient Basin
Basin pale ore
Sit at the Basin bench
Broken Vessel
S&Q
Optional: Swap Gathering Swarm for Defender's Crest, Lost Kin.
Hidden Station

From now the route (at least on my end) gets fuzzy. You've got Nail + 2, 6 charm slots, and you're either at 7 masks or you can get there easily by raiding Bretta's hut and going to Queen's station.
Notch #7 I've found doesn't really add anything but you can get it on the way to Uumuu, which you can do now.
Another Pale Ore will get you Nail + 3. You can either put up with Nosk's horrible slow ass fight and long ass detour, or get it from Seer if you killed Lol Tyrant.
You could also just dump cash on vendors until you get 18 charms and get another notch from Salubra, since that 8th charm slot adds some possibilities.
You can get a Soul vessel if you grabbed the one next to the lift, the one on the way to King's Station, and bought one from Sly.

skip Kingdom's Edge, skip Queen's gardens, Skip Abyss. You're going any% and those all take time.
Kick the 3 watchers' asses, rock up to Hollow knight with Fragile Strength and Nail + 3, 7 masks, probably Quick Focus + Grubsong or someshit, and kick its ass.

Here.

Attached: honorless asshole.jpg (344x457, 61K)

you motherfucker
how dare you
this is radiant felony, radiant!

>He actually thinks he and his thread amount to anything
LMAO

Aklava Booptis

Let me guess, you're the kind of idiot who wants a map in DS?

It matters that you did manage to do it.
Remember that you're only casual if you give up.

Thank you

Like a wrote once: I may be a casual, but I'm not filtered

Keep at it, son.

A good option if you're not very videogames is to get Quick Focus, Shape of Unn, and Grubsong.
Those combined let you get some heals off.

You complaint about the map is braindead

Kek.

>Categories: Shaw, Hekake, Edino

Dead

Attached: 1551155352742.png (700x603, 116K)

saved

Always remember that to git gud is not an overnight process.
I struggled with soul master, now i can bully him into the ground.
I struggled with NKG, now we dance with scarlet fire.
I'm currently struggling with Pantheon 1 All Bindings, and i'm not moving on until i beat it.

Attached: Knight Fashion.png (941x755, 223K)

I will thanks

What's plowing you hardest, Oro and Mato?
Because most of Pantheon 1 is fall asleep tier.
Dung Defender can hurt you if his balls bounce unluckily, Mawlek can sometimes peg you with an unlucky orange drop, Gorb and Vengefly basically scream "Please rush and get impatient and wreck yourself" but some temperence beats them.
But Oro and Mato are actually kinda tough.

Literally just the nail brothers, i can bully everyone else at this point but they keep spitroasting me.
I keep fucking up and getting pushed into a corner.

Attached: Saw con.png (1294x982, 63K)

Why is there no journal entry for these things.

Attached: 7245y73658967_000.png (1366x768, 686K)

I don't have a good strategy for them.
I am sorry.
You can practice in hall of gods until you feel comfortable dodging their attacks, if that helps.

Bottom right of deepnest, near the tram station, you can find a dead Garpede and get them in your journal that way.

Huh. That is curious, now that I think about it. They should have one, just like the Abyss Tendrils.

Not garpedes.

Oh hey, it's another casual thread.

Bullshit, they're clearly young garpedes. They have the long body, the spikes, and the not die.

>they're clearly young garpedes
No reason there shouldn't be entries.
Most species have entries for their youngling counterparts.

I don't have any journal at all

is it something I find at some point?

Yeah, in the second area.

n-nani

Nice blog post fno really please keep updating us. I do enjoy reading about your explorations and struggles. It's like a walk down memory lane for me.

I suppose that's true. There's separate ones for those big orange ballsacks in the right side of crossroads and the little globs they spit out.
... I wonder why there isn't an entry for them then. Maybe they just don't count as creatures or something.

Explore Greenpath.
You do not need any movement tools, but you do need the fireball to enter Greenpath.
You might find a guy in a cave who roars at you, but he's friendly and will give you a sidequest to kill shit.

Didn't you meet the hunter at greenpath?

>You do not need any movement tools, but you do need the fireball to enter Greenpath.

Nigga I have up to crystal dash...
you guys are not talking about wanderer journals that I sell for money right?

this is like a pokedex?

>Didn't you meet the hunter at greenpath?
I don't think so

Yes this is like a pokedex.
If you have Crystal dash then you can access hunter
Explore greenpath some more.

Considering they even gave entries to the electric lumaflies and to the lifeblood seeds, I think they literally forgot about them in this case.

Dude go explore Greenpath and look for the hunter.
I hope you're not the type that leaves sidepaths unexplored only to come here later complaining about the backtracking.

To be fair, rushing hard for Dreamgate is a good idea on your 2nd or later playthrough. Dreamgate is dreamGREAT for avoiding backtracking.

fuck I hope it's retroactive

like, it will list all the shit I already met

It is.

MOST of it is.
Lifeblood seeds aren't.

>Lifeblood seeds aren't.
I still have to break the one by the Mantis Lords

Really? That's weird. Did they program it for every enemy separately? Seems very weird and inefficient.
But you can just farm those later anyway. No enemy is missable I believe. Except the bosses. But as I said, the Journal works retroactively.

it's already casualised though. There's an actual quest system rather than you having to remember everything or practice extreme tunnel vision. Hornet also a ton more movement options which could result in tougher platforming but could just as easily be a way too make current platforming easier

Attached: git gud.png (620x570, 112K)

They respawn when you bench. Assuming you aren't max lategame you will find some on your way, and if you ARE max lategame then do 8 bindings and you'll find them anyway.

>Did they program it for every enemy separately?
It's probably different for enemies added in later updates. Or maybe not, I don't know.
I do know that you can look at the Charged Lumafly Tank near H I P S and have it count for the Journal even if you don't have the Journal yet.

>it's already casualised though.
>here's my baseless speculation
Thanks for your input, moth.

Hollow knight was and always will be a shitty little game that no one has ever liked. The thing about hollow knight is when it first came out the board slammed it but because it's Australian all the Aussie shitposters came day and night saying
>No it's good m8 ur just mad
And they shitposted and shilled literally every day until liking it ironically became a meme. So that's what you're seeing now, you got fooled into wasting money on garbage because of aussie shitposts

I want a NKG figure

Attached: 1550435099552.jpg (2048x1363, 209K)

Oh god path of hallownest is annoying

first i died to xero then sisters of battle now i jobbed to basic grimm

I just get so annoyed at redoing some of the simple bosses

Attached: 1536228004009.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

>fragile strength
Thou crawler! Thou cringer! Thou poorest of the poorfags!

what's your idea of a good game then

alright, I won't even look at most of this thread because I barely got the story
basically, I killed the hollow knight boss some time ago but ended up playing other games and now I heard that HK is FILLED to the brim with post game content, is there a guide to acessing those?
where should I begin?

Attached: _great_grey_wolf_sif_hakurei_reimu_and_inubashiri_momiji_souls_from_software_and_etc_drawn_by_erulon (850x609, 129K)

We share virtually none of the same charms.

I beat Pantheon of Hallownest using:

Everyone up to Hornet 2:
Unbreakable Strength, Grubsong, Quick Focus, Quick Slash, Dream Wielder

Everyone up to Nightmare King Grimm:
Unbreakable Strength, Grubsong, Quick Focus, Mark of Pride, Thorns of Agony

PV and AR:
Unbreakable Strength, Grubsong, Quick Focus, Mark of Pride, Steady Body

I ain't grinding geo if the thing doesn't break in godhome which is the only place i use it

didn't even use it on normal dream bosses because i didn't know then that it doesn't break in dreams

and if it's about it being scrubby, i don't care, as long as i kill faster.

>HK is FILLED to the brim with post game content, is there a guide to acessing those?
yes but don't get spoiled

just update and explore
go to howling cliffs

For Geo you can plow the Husk sentries left of King's Station, patiently wait for the Dirtcarver spawners in upper Deepnest to spew dudes out, or repeatedly do Trial of the Conqueror / Fool.
Trial of the Fool is obviously the most enjoyable.

My charm build was maximum scrub.
Quick Focus, Shape of Unn, Grubsong, Soul Catcher, and Unbreakable Strength.

I gotta have a good heal.

If I'm not mistaken failed tramway is the best place to farm geo.

>die to Nosk 6 times
>kill Lost Kin first try
>die 5 times to the ambush room in Queen's Gardens
>kill Traitor Lord first try
What the actual fuck is wrong with me and can it be fixed?

Do you have Dream Nail yet?
Are there red-colored tents in Dirthmouth?
How many times have you fought Hornet in this playthrough?
Did you find anything that might resemble a gladitorial arena with spectator stands?

Attached: 1499250364969.png (966x848, 173K)

I barely heal during fights, only before/after.
I just need to kill fast. I toyed with replacing Mark of Pride with QuickSlash but some of these flying things are even worse without it.

You have a rare disease called "Inconsistency". It can only be fixed by practicing.

>I just need to kill fast.
AND BULLETS TOO SLOW

>Do you have Dream Nail yet?
yes and I arealdy got the first 100 dream pieces
>Are there red-colored tents in Dirthmouth?
haven't checked
>How many times have you fought Hornet in this playthrough?
2, the first one in the green area, and then in the howling abyss
>Did you find anything that might resemble a gladitorial arena with spectator stands?
nope

Its cool, i'll nail them down eventually, pogoing them during their combo and timing the parry seems like a good idea on paper, so long as i can actually do that.

I agree, it’s one of the few egregious flaws the game has. Fortunately it’s not as much of a problem in subsequent playthroughs, but it’s still annoying.

Let's list actual flaws,
whether intentional (to piss of people) or not:

- Fragile Charms dude is too fucking far from any starting point
- Salubra blessing is a goddamn aussie troll (well made)
- it's really disappointing to perform extra hard platforming and only find some shitty grub
- you should be able to replay dialogues, as 99% of the lore needs re-reading

more?

You have options.
If you explore the world, you might find Dream Bosses.
If you saw any big graves / monuments, there might be a fight there.
Also, some of the bosses you've killed might've left behind a grave that you can visit.
Locations of dream fights:
1 in Dirthmouth (requires Zote and Bretta talking)
1 in Crossroads
1 in Greenpath
1 in Fungal Waste
1 in Soul Sanctum
1 in Resting Grounds
1 in Waterways (requires all 3 watchers killed)
1 in Ancient Basin
1 in Deepnest
1 in Howling Cliffs
1 in Kingdom's Edge (requires shade cloak)
1 in Queen's Gardens
The gladitorial arena is in Kingdom's Edge.
There might be some cool stuff below Ancient Basin, if you've fought hornet twice.

Have you been to Queen's Gardens yet? If not, head there. You also need a fuckton (minimum 1800, preferably 2400) of dream essence. The rest will become obvious. The arena is its own thing, you can find it if you explore that place where you fought Hornet for the second time.

I don't like Pogoing Oro and Mato because they jump upwards for half of their attacks and they do so suddenly.
When they try to swing their nail at you, they give you enough notice that you can dash backwards or through them.

nah, you just don't like the genre
the exploration and backtracking in HK is perfect

Reminder this user is baiting, he already did it a few weeks ago.

Am I the only one who can't play shit like PoH without the combo UStrength, MoP and ShamStone ?

>the exploration
Too much stuff is hidden behind breakable walls obscured by foreground. Unless you are hammering every single wall, you are missing things, regardless of how keen your eye is. Finding Weaver's Den on your own is pure dumb luck (hitting the wall behind the stalking devout on accident), and unlocking Eternal Ordeal is impossible without spoilers.
>backtracking is perfect
WHERE'S MY HIVE KNIGHT BENCH YOU FUCKER?

>you can crystal dash from grub mother column to Blue Lake instead of pogoing off your shade above Salubra like an idiot

God I'm so stupid and this game is so smart

Ustr and Shammy are very strong charms so it's not too surprising that they'd get use.
Pride is more niche but there are fights where it does really fucking well, Zote and Marmu being great examples.
But you gotta get that Charms binding one day user!
: )

>WHERE'S MY HIVE KNIGHT BENCH YOU FUCKER?
it's called hiveblood

>WHERE'S MY HIVE KNIGHT BENCH YOU FUCKER?
Hold D and the down arrow key.

You do realize that after the update you need to kill Hive Knight to get hiveblood? And even without bees attacking you, the benches are simply too far away.

>what do you mean I have to play the game?

>having to redo the entire map with all enemies respawned every time you die to a boss is playing the game
>even though literally all other bosses in this very same game have a bench near them

Did enough binding to open the blue room and called it a day. Might go back and finish the HoG one day but finishing PoH was as far as I am willing to go.
That might be scrub behaviour but eh.

>>even though literally all other bosses in this very same game have a bench near them
yeah like soul sanctum right?

even with the """""""""shortcut""""""" it was a pain thanks to teleporting shit warriors

Friendly reminder that it's your fault Myla got infected.

Hollow Knight can be completed without Myla becoming infected.
This can only happen if you avoid collecting Desolate Dive and Crystal Heart.

There are known skips to get the other two (wings and tear)

Dreamgate isn't just memegate.
Even without that, for the low low price of 1 charm slot, you can farm infinite soul off one tiny bee by hitting it with the dream nail.
Don't have the essence?
Might be time to visit Lol Tyrant, Lost Kin, White Defender, Grey Prince Zote, or Failed Knight.
White Defender 1, Zote 1 and Lol Tyrant are quite easy.

Let's see.
Lol Master doesn't.
Crystal Guardian doesn't ... until after you beat him.
Watcher Knights? Watcher NOPE.
Traitor Lord? ... Well by then you'll have dream gate.
Dung Defender's is also a bit out of the way.

>Lol Tyrant are quite easy.

t. team cherry

Nigga you can't put this shit on me.
Blame moth pussy.

Lol Tyrant IS quite easy.
His first phase is F R E E owing to how many healing opportunities he gives you.
His second phase is harder, but in a moment of Tippy Top Irony if you use desolate dive at the right timing while he's trying to dive you, your I-frames will mean he doesn't hit you, and YOU'LL hit HIM when he dives through you.
You can't chaindive though. You'll have to jump and dash to dodge half his ground pounds. But still, it's a great way to get damage in during his dives.

>it's easy you just need to stay inside these 5 frames

Attached: aspe-chan (3).png (300x100, 31K)

I got pic related and all progression abilities except Isma's and Dive, because fuck that. Where do I go next anons.

Attached: lurien.png (131x328, 29K)

she sounded a bit mad the first time I met her

>Dive
dive is literally free

Doesn't matter. If you don't kill her she's saved once you destroy the Radiance anyways.

>5 frames
More like 20. The timing is really fucking lenient for using ddive and hitting him while he dives through you.
Easier than smacking him on the bum while he teleports above you and getting away in time.
Easier than dashing away from his dive and jumping.
You can't do it twice in a row though.
I'm not sure if you can smack him on the bum and then also ddive, I'll go check.

I'm trying to stay sub 5h (currently 2h 36m), can't waste time in Soul Sanctum other than getting abyss fireball.

Attached: Dg7DEDBUYAAYOex.jpg (1448x2048, 181K)

>what is a lamp

You need Isma's Tear.

This charm build should be sufficient.
... I expect I'll get rekt a couple times but whatever, it's a dream fight, you can do that.

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (1920x1080, 198K)

Fuck you.
I already got Lamp.

Attached: hk08.jpg (1000x625, 192K)

>I already got Lamp.
then you can fuck off to crystal peak to upgrade your dive

user, I don't think he even has the normal dive. I don't know how he's almost at three hours already.

oh right that's what he meant with soul sanctum

>Unless you are hammering every single wall, you are missing things
Only a few handful are really hard to miss the way they're done, and there's honestly nothing wrong with that. Different players will find different secrets and then will share their experience. It's part of what makes games like this all the more fun to discuss.
>Finding Weaver's Den on your own is pure dumb luck
Not at all. On my first run I found very suspicious that there was a stalking devout protecting a dead-end tunnel, so it occurred to me that maybe it wasn't really a dead-end, hit the wall, and surprise, here's a secret.
Don't blame the game for your lack of inquisitiveness.
>where's my hive knight bench you fucker?
Don't be a retard and put a dreamgate on the arena's entrance. The game gives you a cheesy custom teleport. Fucking use it or don't complain.

>Too much stuff is hidden behind breakable walls obscured by foreground
This is the only point I can agree.
I wish the game had more variety in the way it hides shit. Things like climbing walls that seem normal but lead to something new, the empty chest for the Baldur's charm, or the riddles in the Abyss.

Dodging his fake-out dive is tough without doublejump or shade cloak, but whenever he does this six ball attack you get two free heals.

Attached: free.jpg (1920x1080, 249K)

I need nail binding. He died too fast.

Attached: ded.jpg (1920x1080, 254K)

Just you wait, I'll go get Herrah or something.

Attached: bugun.png (246x246, 121K)

not sure if that holds for people with tripcodes, though

Attached: Carlos.png (560x560, 272K)

And then you'll still need the dive so you can get Isma's Tear. Unless you're stubborn and want to get the Kings Brand and Shade Cloak, but that would take even longer.

>at least 4 masks lost
You better be aiming for a WR speedrun with this sloppy play.

At least I'm consistent :^ )

Attached: ded2.jpg (1920x1080, 267K)

I'm missing one charm. Its the one between the grim troupe one and the dream nail one in the bottom row. I'm worried I missed it, I have currently gotten the void heart and haven't touched much of the dlc at all besides the Hidden Dreams one. Have I missed it? Or am I well on my way to getting it.

Turns out smacking him in the bum and dashing away when he teleports above you is actually easier than I thought, as lining up for a Descending Dark takes time whereas a dash does not.
Oh well.
I guess I won't make radiant at this rate, but he's still piss easy.

Attached: 4loss again.jpg (1920x1080, 247K)

Go to Seer
Below her
Look on the left wall
There is a gap
Go in

it's another dream related charm

> 501 posts
goodbye

I did take damage during phase 1 though but at least phase 2 went okay this time.

Attached: 0dmg.jpg (1920x1080, 242K)

i want to fuck hornet

ack died third time in a row to NGK, I'll give up for today

i will beat you, path of hallownest

Thanks anons, I totally would've never found that without an outside source

gib geo plz