Because if there's one thing gamers are asking for, it's for LESS physical media

Because if there's one thing gamers are asking for, it's for LESS physical media.

What the fuck is Microsoft thinking?

Attached: maverick.jpg (621x544, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thurrott.com/xbox/192184/microsofts-building-a-disc-less-xbox-one-for-release-in-2019
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe a second console? Entry level is what I'm thinking or maybe a slightly more portable one

you overestimate how many people care about discs

Retard, you are simply a retard.
There are some people that want to have physical media, they have the normal Xbox, for people who don't, they can get a cheaper version that doesn't have something they don't need.
More options won't hurt.

discs are useless

>When you have more console versions than games

The fuck is Microsofts problem?

who the fuck is asking for discs in current year?

Perfect travel Xbox

I take a lot of dics any year

Discs are grandpa technology.

This isnt what I wanted to happen, and it's why I rarely play anything past PS2 (PS3 games have patches, so the full game isnt on the disc), but the vast majority of people change with the times.

>more buying options for a console is bad!

Imagine being this much of a seething Sonydork

Attached: 1551766111183.png (500x500, 270K)

Who gives a fuck, why do you Sonyfags care about this so much, Xbox One has a disc drive, Xbox One S has a disc drive, Xbox One X has a disc drive, and next gen Xbox Scarlett Lockhart and Anaconda will have disc drive, so what's the problem here? No one is going to buy this thing, I swear it's like you Sony fanboys have nothing to play, oh wait.

Who is that retarded to give away the possibility to play used/lent games and watching bluerays etc. for a 10$ cheaper console?

I try to go physical wherever I can but if a game seems demanding of the hardware then I'll probably go digital

>What the fuck is Microsoft thinking?
a way to bring back in a stealthy fashion way the original DRM idea

Attached: tititititi.jpg (700x540, 189K)

When there is more versions of a console to buy than games to play on that console, it kind of is bad, and time for Microsoft to rethink their business strategy.

>his internet isn't good enough to stream Bloodborne at 60 FPS in 4K

Attached: 1551588287792.jpg (600x459, 64K)

Didn't the Wii do the same thing and it was a textbook "literally OK when Nintendo does it"?

Just get a laptop you retard. Consoles should never be bought.

Why are you saying this when you know this is not true?

I haven't bought a physical copy of a game in years. If it's on console and I can't pirate it I'll just buy it during a digital sale. The end. Physical is always more money unless you're going /biz/ with your games and plan on flogging them in mint condition after hodling then for 30 years.

Dude, who gives a shit about the Xbox One, it's dead, 2020 is when everything is coming with the Xbox Scarlett, Gears 5, Ori 2, and Battletoads are just the as end of this gen, it's time to move on anyway plus you don't have to get this thing if you don't want it, I'm not buying this shit because I want Microsoft to not make another one next gen and make it part of the Scarlett family, how about doing your part and instead of bitching like a spoiled child you don't buy the Xbox One streaming console.

Yes, Sonyfags need shitposting fuel.

>usb ports on the console
GET WITH THE TIMES, MICROSOFT

I am, pic related.
Nothing but the finest copper wires circa 1997 to download those day 1 patches

Attached: 8091181078.png (350x200, 20K)

This.
Retail is dying and less people buy discs for years now and getting less by the day.

yeah I forgot how the wii didn't have any disks

fucking dipshit

>Laptop
>For gaming
I'm gonna let you soak in how fucking stupid your post was
Also obviously, you can take it to people's houses to play multiplayer games.

>stripping away one of the last redeeming qualities consoles have left
Great fucking idea.

Enjoying living in that bubble of yours?

disc-less more like dickless amirite lmao look at my 4

No, the Wii is even backwards compatible with Gamecube games.

The Wii mini isn't discless but it removed a shitton of features

Quit lactating all over your keyboard.

Go ahead haul your tower PC with you then. Point is, never consoles.

fuck physical media

homo check my 9

The only reason I buy physical games are for the limited editions that tend to arrive a day early and when I can combine Best Buy's Gamer Club with a $10 cash back in rewards. Once that program runs out, I'll probably be all digital.

Downloads should never be paid for
Nothing cheap about digital. 1 cent is way too much for a download. Games are more expensive than ever, thanks Valve!
Many console players will switch to PC and never install Steam or pay for a game, they will exclusively pirate. I know a few who have done so already because consoles will be digital only in a few years. PC is digital only but piracy is easy so there is no reason or excuse to pay for games on PC.

>wow I can play all these MS games on PC 100% digital with no retail copies!
>waaaa fuck Microsoft for making a console to play their games 100% digitally with no capability to run retail copies!

It's like this board gets dumber every hour.

If it isn't at least a terabyte fuck it

actually, that is true. physical media is going away. it'll be nothing but subscription and renting services soon. you'll own nothing but a box that becomes obsolete every 7 years.

Discs aren't redeeming anymore.
You pop it in and you still have to wait for the game to install. Bigger games with better graphics and lots of content take forever and people who bought digitally are already enjoying it because now you can prepurchase and predownload the game directly to your console before the release date.
Taking the disc to your friends house to play on their console becomes a pain because you're going to go through the installation process all over again before playing, so better hope they've got stellar internet speed.
Discs were great when all you had to was put them in the console and immediately play, that's not the case anymore.

fuck paying for downloads
Youll be pirating, right?

They're testing the waters with discless consoles before comitting to it with the Scarlet. I wouldn't buy this because I love physical media and Xbox games drop in price fast in my country.

it failed last time, this time it will be different

Holy fucking SEETHING

Sonyfags tend to flipflop a lot.

>Xbone SAD
How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old man?

I don't see the problem with the game installing as long as it is installing from the disc and not downloading from a server. My DRM free physical copies for PC are like that and I don't have a problem with it, all my other games are pirated
Paying for a download can't be justified

>You pop it in and you still have to wait for the game to install.
Same goes for digital, but ontop of that you have to download it everytime you want to play.
>Bigger games with better graphics and lots of content take forever
Same for digital.
>people who bought digitally are already enjoying it
I get physical copies days sometimes even a week before official release you fag. Enjoy paying for air. Digital only is the first step to streaming games as (((service))) and getting rid of private ownership as a whole.

But that's not seething, you guys are doing a good job of doing that today.
>Xbox games on PC, YEAH I can buy all the games digitally
>Microsoft PC games on Windows 10, WHY IS IT NOT ON STEAM?! I'M NOT BUYING IT!
>WHY IS MICROSOFT MAKING AN ALL DIGITAL CONSOLE (even though I supposedly buy their games digitally on Windows 10 PC)?!
Seriously, I wonder with you guys. It's funny watching how you guys will react next.

I hope it's smoll.

Most games put a portion of their games on disc and the rest you have to download. Additionally, every game now has day 1 patches anyway.
Beyond that, The Sadbox is targeting F2P retards who are penny pinchers when buying a console but drop hundreds of dollars on in game cosmetics like Fortnite and Apex.

The best part is that it's literally called the Xbox One SAD

That's actually true. I cant remember the last time I bought a physical copy of a game

I just dont get why. Is the streaming meme really that prevalent?

I mean, I'm not one of those "no digital!" oldfags and do buy digital games, but I'd never EVER buy a digital only console. Either because sometimes I just know I'd like to sell my games(one of the biggest problems with digital games: library bloat, and no resell options), or because I dont like being locked into one method only.
Right now I have the option between physical and digital and I'd like to keep that option.

PC has been 100% digital for years now you can't get retail copies for anything anymore. The last major PC game to get a physical release that I can remember was gta5 and that came as like 7 disks. Nobody is complaining about PC becoming 100% digital so don't bitch about consoles transitioning to it. Mobile and PC are the two biggest gaming platforms on earth and both are 100% digital now. Open your eyes to the reality or find another hobby.

People want instant gratification, which is what discs used to be and what digital is becoming now (as long as you're a good consumer that pre-purchases).
>You have to download everytime you want to play
I have no idea what you mean by this
>Same for digital
Which brought me to the pre-downloading thing
>I get physical copies sometimes even a week before official release
That's nice for you

>Most games put a portion of their games on disc and the rest you have to download.
Weird, I have never encountered that issue before. What games do this? You said "most games do this" so you could atleast list like 10 examples, right?

Xbone SAD

>physical is always more money

Why do retarded mustards pretend they own consoles in these threads? Simply no.

>I have no idea what you mean by this
I mean.
>delete game, because of space
>want to play it again and have to re-download it again

Modern physical media for games are absolutely and utterly worthless. A plastic shell with a disc in it. No manual, no nothing. Shit.
t. buys music hard copies

It's a sattelite PC for hooking up to your living room TV.

It better be.

>but PC!

Who the fuck cares?

>Mobile and PC are the two biggest gaming platforms
>mobile gaming becoming this big is a good thing
What a cuck.

I couldn't give a shit about discs but, everything else that (used to) come with them like the box itself, manuals, maps, posters and w/e else.
I don't see why they couldn't sell games as digital and all the cool stuff as a separate "fan box".
Especially since discs now days don't do much else than add the code to your account and start the download for the actual game.

>brought out PS2 yesterday
>more than half the discs are beyond saving

I thought I missed discs, I don't, I just really hate having to constantly be connected. If I could just DL a game and then play it (like GOG does), I wouldn't have so many issues with it.

>person A says X
>person B says Y

WOW PERSON IS REALLY STUPID

This, streaming is the next logical step of digital distribution. Anyone that has paid for digital has no right to complain about streaming because they voted with their wallets for it.

I mean, I've got a 4tb hard drive connected to my Xbone X and with nearly 150 games it's not even halfway full.
The success of this discless Xbone will need to rely HEAVILY on having a ton of memory space.

>This, streaming is the next logical step of digital distribution

Haha

Do people still prefer to read physical books over digital?

At home, yes. On the go, no.

Remember how Microsoft implemented paid online and everyone was laughing thinking it'll never happen to other consoles? Now even Nintendo is doing it.

Is it wrong that I don't give a shit about this and will get an Xbox Anaconda next year?

Anyone who wishes gor an all digital marketplace is a fucking cuck, end of story. Pic related. Argos had the game delivered to me hours after i ordered it and when i put the disc in it played instantly with no update required. Stop deluding yourself that digital is cheaper, its the complete fucking oposite and its all tied to an account your vender can block you from without notice for any reason. Only an individual so salty they cannot even choose pysical would make mental backflips as to why the industry should not offer pyhsical as a choice to consumers.

Attached: FB370ECE-8EBE-4D51-854C-6B66F5BA1919.jpg (3015x2284, 595K)

Streaming is the future. Anyone against games being streaming only is a luddite.
People got used to digital and all the negatives that come with it like the developers intentionally releasing their games unplayable without a patch, dlc, mtx, being expected to pay for less than air, etc, they will get used to streaming and any negatives that come with it.

>more than half the discs are beyond saving

Things that never happened. How the fuck did you leave a store with half a dozen scratched to fuck discs? If so this situation SHOULD be happening to you.

Sadly, this. Zoomers are good goy that only buy digital, since they didn't grow up with discs or cartridges, and never played on PC before Steam was a thing. I'd give it one more gen before the kikes push for full digital, and most nu gamers bend over and take it (there's already some of them in this thread shitting on physical).

i'm okay with this if it means it's slightly cheaper

i'd also be happy if physical just died completely, because i'm pretty sure the retailers are the reason there's a premium on digital games. get rid of them and we can get some good discounts, maybe.

Full digital will never work for consoles since they are locked down on one place to buy games unlike PC.

I wish there were ways to convert broken physical games to digital. Like, if you mailed them a scratched or cracked disk and they gave you a code.

>GUISE ITS PHYSICAL GAMES BEING CHEAPER THAN DIGITAL THAT MAKES DIGITAL GAMES MORE EXPENSIVE!
>maybe... if we outlawed the only currently cheaper alternative... then the companies would absolutely not keep the prices of digital games high!

You are beyond fucking retarded.

>leave a store
Most games are about 11 years old you fucking retard

Microsoft are planning a physical to digital service

This is definitely a problem, if you've only got one store to buy from then there's nobody fighting for your money like with the PC market. No slashed prices and no huge variety.

Sauce? And it better not require reading the disk because that would be pointless.

Not saying that guy is right but, that's a fantastic argument you just made there.

Attached: tuc.png (400x400, 70K)

>calling someone a retard when his 11 year old games are fucked
negro please, most of my PS1 games work perfectly or only have slight hiccups under heavy disc load
on a PS1 I might add

>most
Lucky I don't play any AAA games or publish by AAA publishers

>if it means it's slightly cheaper
There are people who still think this will even be in the realm of possibility?

Attached: 1467871756160.jpg (1375x749, 125K)

>All these Xniggies doing voluntary damage control for Redmond

Is there a prize draw for you fuckers so you can get the chance for a handjob off Greenberg at the next Xbox Cuck Fest?

>Most games are about 11 years old you fucking retard

Yes AND????? Fucking shitter here is my copy of RE2 that is 20 YEARS OLD. Stop being a fucking ape with your physical and pretending problems exist where they do not. "11 years old" woah such old user, zoomers are so full of shit they dont even know.

Attached: A082461E-9C3E-4D14-A6E7-AFA622377767.jpg (1537x2048, 564K)

There is nothing to argue. He is fcking retarded if he thinks digital games cost more than physical because physical exists.

thurrott.com/xbox/192184/microsofts-building-a-disc-less-xbox-one-for-release-in-2019

I have 400 games for my XBO and 2 discs. I have even those as digital as well. I was born in 1983 and I don't care about discs anymore. Those are the glorified floppy disks of our time. Today what do you get for physical? Some resell value. Everything else is smoke and mirrors. A cover art on a cheap plastic shell and a game which is either unusable or unplayable without the online updates. Oh I can buy a super duper edition with some zero effort memorabilia which fall apart quickly and mean nothing when the hype around the game died down.

This mentality is default for today's youth.

Attached: mad.jpg (921x692, 56K)

>PS3 games have patches, so the full game isnt on the disc
I'd bet money that around 99% of PS3 games can be finished without patches. I own around 50, and very few of them even have patches to begin with. Hell, I'd argue most Japanese PS4 games can be finished without patches too. The unfinished, borderline unplayable games that require day one patches to even function are thankfully still mostly reserved for AAA Western trash. Some of you guys on here really seem to overestimate the importance of patches for a lot of games. I don't blame you though; there's a lot of corporate shills that are trying to push for digital only, that like to spread a lot of misinformation about physical in gaming forums. The nip games that do have patches, are often for incredibly minor bugs or text errors that you probably won't even notice. Relax, physical is still (mostly) fine, as long as you don't support trash developers and publishers.

You are right not to give a shit about this. It's going to be for a few people, but not for most.

He's probably a PCfag or he only plays always online AAA trash. Most PS4 games I've played don't do what he said.

>Today what do you get for physical?

Cheaper games and no conpany can take it away from you on a whim that you agreed they can do.

Attached: 931B8D36-BD4E-4D37-936F-52FC9E58701A.jpg (3019x2076, 554K)

t. grew up without siblings

I played my 360 offline from 2006 to 2012 I think you can easily play older games without any patches

>unplayable without online updates

I have literally never played a game that was anywhere near broken without updates. Even the "dumpster fire on day one" Bethesda games worked perfectly fine without any patches. The worst game I ever played without patches was Skyrim with a texture bug, but even that didn't make the game hard to play or enjoy. Every single game I play starts offline for 10 hours to make sure it'll be worth keeping around in a few years and I have never found anything that was less than acceptable.

Not an argument, my sister is 10 years younger than me even, i just looked after my shit. Sorry you embarresinglu continue to double down that you were raised with apes that broke your toys.

>buy physical "live service" games

Attached: illust_71335038_20190210_200446.jpg (1435x992, 269K)

Reentering the Xbox ecosystem will depend entirely on those factors:

>nice launch titles
>Japanese game support
>VR peripheral

Also depends entirely on how shitty Sony's PS5 will be. As a PSVR owner I am firmly planted in Sony territory but I'd have no problems going over if Microsoft manages to offer equal conditions. I very much doubt it would happen though.

Attached: 1547523314188.jpg (620x546, 73K)

Can't buy used games if console doesn't read disks, goy

The consoles without drives will be cheaper. But you enter their regulated ecosystem where they control the prices. This is a long time project, the big publishers had to get additional revenue for the more and more expensive games. They had to pick who to wage the price war with:
1, the consumer, raising the price of the games which is a risky business and brews negative press.
2, the middleman aka the shops, resellers, second hand etc.
They choose the latter. Full digital means quite a few extra percent for the manufacturer, publishers and devs. With regulating a price they can be sure they don't have to do truly big sales anymore.
This can not be stopped.

>playing live service games

Attached: E0FBB56C-DA58-4FCE-A28E-440140F59CCF.jpg (817x443, 52K)

only thing that my sister fucked up was a Wii Nunchuk, try again

Pretty much this, and streaming one day will become a thing too because the average person doesn't care.
You mock movie enthusiasts who actually buy BDs but you're pretty much the same niche.

Incorrect. Zoomers are buying physical more than digital. What's happened is that instead of digital taking over from physical, streaming has taken over from both. Zoomers stream and if they want to buy something, they buy physical.
The millenials were the odd ducks who traded ownership for digital licenses and they are disappearing from the stats.

>xbone
That piece of shit is nothing more than a glorified emulator/indie box.

I hate physical media

Isn't that mean they totally give up on Japanese market?

Good post desu. My experiences have been mostly the same. I play all my PS4 game unpatched to see if they're worth keeping or not, and the only really broken game I remember playing was Assassins Creed Unity. I can tell that the people that push the "literally worthless without a patch" narrative probably don't even play physical games (probably since uncle Gaben took that choice away from them).

Of course you do goy.

I am unsure of the pricing for the SAD XBone, but I imagine it will be cheaper than their current model to go after the free-to-play gamers that like BR. This is also a step in the direction for "games as a service" (as XBox live and PS Plus make consistent large amounts of money), and also make every game digital only so they can control pricing.

Once physical is gone, Sony or Microsoft can charge whatever they want as their platforms will have complete control without any competition from retailers. Do not expect prices to ever go down - expect the opposite. I also imagine license fees will go out for developers hoping to release on their systems, so there is that.

Whatever. I do not think that the next generation consoles will be digital only as they most likely will come out next year, but they will probably be the last. At that point after that generation is done, assuming gaming has not gone through another crash, all the people that cared about physical games will be in the minority and they can go through full digital. Whatever, I can finally go through my backlog by then.

yes, I do.

Streaming will never take over gaming 100%. The delays caused by having images and input travel both ways are unsurmountable even in 1st world countries. The most popular games require twitch reactions and that will never fly with streaming.

I could see adventure, single player games go full streaming though. People hardly want to replay those anyway. RPGs too, specially if they're turn based.

Attached: soon.jpg (200x200, 11K)

What is the advantage though? They're already cheap as fuck

You can just plug in a USB blu ray drive, that's likely how all of the next gen consoles will operate

It lowers the price of the console.

Lol
My siblings were 2 and 4 years younger than me, all fighting for one PS2. You were both just lucky.

>tfw Ace Combat trilogy is still in mint because I hid it

you know what? i think it's foreshadowing M$ making Xbone games entirely playable on Windows.

Attached: ur a pleb.jpg (1920x1080, 238K)

Honestly, if they sold this at retail as a bundle with 1 Year of Xbox Live Gold and 1 year of Game Pass, for somewhere in the $149-199 price range, they would make a killing.

is that goal post heavy? need some help?

The fact that a second hand market exists and checks discs for damages and i can still buy, say, pic related just this last week and its still mint condition suggest a lot of people are "lucky" user. Sorry, i just dont buy thst your anecdote means old physical games are fucked by and large.

Attached: 961EC968-53AD-4026-BABE-464C4E75EF98.jpg (3024x4032, 2.66M)

That is the most pristine PS1 game I've ever seen. Those discs scratched just from being removed from the case.

The Wii had a dumbed down version of the console that ONLY played discs, and dropped network and gamecube support. Naturally, it sold like shit.

That would be giving out the entire Xbox One library out for free, which at the end of the race doesn't help anyone.

I haven't bought any new ones from second hand markets, we've had them since we bought them.

Also
>Reading comprehension

Well all of mine are like that

I for one am still bothered my new computer from with an i7700 from 2017 doesn't have an optical drive anymore. What are they going to accomplish by removing sensible features?

Why not just pay ~$200 a month for an unlimited mobile data plan and enjoy 50-200Mb speeds?

>redeeming disks for digital
>raises the price of used games market to digital and makes em untradable
>nothin' personel kid

fucking book burners holy shit

Attached: data-guard-pro-cross-cut-shredder-for-cd-dvd-discs-credit-cards-staples-papaer-clips-mfr-part-number (646x800, 60K)

It makes for a very reasonable entry point for anyone who hasn't touched this gen yet.

Then just fucking put one in, it's not hard.

Shut your mouth nigger. Not my problem sony jews it's people. On Xbox I can buy from other markets and games are cheaper than at retail stores or even steam. If you want cheap games you have to be smart you dumb cuck

Consoles now have all the disadvantages of PC without any of the pros.

>not my problem

Literally the only screeching i have been hearing all thread for wanting a digital only marketplace. "Fuck yours, got mine"

Optical drives are mostly obsolete on PC because most software is obtained via a download these days. Even recent games with discs only have a few gig of data on the disc, the majority has to be downloaded.

/thread

For $200 people already bought a PS4 bundled with Spider Man on black friday.

>If you want cheap games you have to be smart you dumb cuck

Which is why i buy physical and get games new at half the price? Are you retarded?

low key I've had a Karate Kid dvd in my ps4 for like 8 months

>Getting games at half the price

Mate I bought AC we wuz kangs ultimate edition for 7 Euro's on Xbox marketplace during last sale. Physical games are also more expensive than how I do things
Basically

shitskin hindu cope

Attached: u mad bro.png (874x720, 278K)

According to the rumors $150-175 is the target with one month of gold and game pass (battle royales installed by default as a "free" game). There were plans for actually going lower since every purchase is 100% profit on a discless box. They want to aim at the very price sensitive demographic. The final price and content depends heavily on Google, Nintendo and Sony. If(when) game pass goes to Switch N seems to be fine with it, Sony doesn't seem to want to partake in it so far because the classic gaming console route was very profitable for them in this generation. Google is a question mark, they can really go low with their cloud based stuff.

Not that guy but I do this. when you're in a rural town that has 4g but not fibre it's the only way to live

gtav wouldnt have had 7 disks if people had bluray drives in their pcs, its no wonder pc is going digital, consumers arent willing to buy themselves a new drive.

most pc cases being made these days dont even have drive bays anymore...

Well why don't prebuilt PCs come with Bluray drives? That's the fault of PC manufacturers like Sony.

>Nobody is complaining about PC becoming 100% digital so don't bitch about consoles transitioning to it.

Holy fucking false equivelency retard.

Mobility, I guess. You can easily take one of those small Xboxes anywhere there's a TV.

You can just have one installed or build a PC to order if it doesn't come with one. People just don't want to waste money on pointless shit.

And how likely is it that you're just going to happen to find a TV somewhere? You need to bring your own TV too. It's pointless.

i agree

People wouldn't find it pointless if they were forced to buy it. If Bluray drives were standard then PCs wouldn't have went digital.

Mate, Optus is doing 4g 500gb for $80 a month and minimum 50mbps or you can break contract. Would probably be a lot nicer than that. Used to be 12/1 unlimited but now they set a data cap on their 4g service in favor of giving a lot more speed.

Nah manchild PC gamers were the good goys that pushed digital gaming to the forefront

You can't even use your Xbox One without being connected online in the first place. Xbox is the fucking worst.

>Nobody is complaining about PC becoming 100% digital
ugh what? People are constantly complaining about that, because digital still has 1/10 of the usage/rights that physical media has.

Remember how refunding on Steam was one of THE biggest things happening to digital media?
Talk to me, when I can sell most of my Steam library of shit I'll never play again.

>Talk to me, when I can sell most of my Steam library of shit I'll never play again.
Which you paid far less than you would have paid if you bought it physical.

>Zoomers are buying physical more than digital
what a fucking retard you must be to actually believe that.
I worked at gamestop for 2 1/2 years and I can tell you with utmost certainty that the reason why most of them even came into the shop is either
a) to buy digital credit like Steam or PSN cards
b) because their parents are buying them something
not to mention that there are plenty of reports showing the physical media decline, which wouldnt be a thing if it was highly profitable still

Games on the Xbox marketplace are more expensive than retail disc games and Microsoft keeps all the retail profits.
They are just trying to suck more money out of their costumers.

>Which you paid far less
Not even remotely true.

Backward compatibility with your 360 collection is the only pro Xbone has over PS4. Without disk drive you have to buy old games again.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Physical Media when to comes to the arts is totally dead. Steaming is killing theaters, digital games killed retail, smartphones killed UI design. Not to mention how utterly the printed word was killed news websites and ebooks.

zoom zooms will never know the feeling of actually owning their own media, everything will be leased and rented to them till the end of time. and thats a good thing.

shouldn’t the games value be reduced if it’s digital since it’s cutting out the cost of producing something physical
$5 at least come on now

time to go in the easy bake oven, you hook nosed fiends

Are you retarded? I know what I paid for my games you moron.
Maybe when you're playing indie trash you can bring that argument, but as someone who mainly bought games at Gamestop sales, buys used on amazon, or grabs new titles off neet friends 3-4 days after release, I can tell you that I didnt pay less for my Steam library by a long shot.

I'm talking actual games here, not your faggy meme shit.

Holy shit, did I strike a nerve or something? Why did you start freaking out like someone stuck a dildo up your anus? Good grief.

To bw fair you made the claim first, you should provide proof to him. Other people have already cited examples of physical console games being cheaper than their digital counterparts.

EXACTLY user. SHOULDNT IT. BUT ITS ACTUALLY MORE SOMEHOW

Is there a good technical reason for not including a BD drive? Those things are cheap as fuck so it can't be the cost.

Attached: 1200px-Blu-ray_Disc.svg.png (1200x644, 44K)

>Not to mention how utterly the printed word was killed
As a browsing bookfag I can tell you that this isnt really true.
News sites I totally give you, but ebooks killing regular books? No.
There are some articles who pretend its happening but its not actually happening(yet.) Just the other day I read that a publisher in Germany had one of its best years in 2017.

And when I talk to my local mom&pop bookstore owners they haven't really felt a decline either.

Money goes to sony for each disc. Thats why they dont.

It is the cost.
Every single Bluray drive and disc is a % to sony because they hold the patent.

I hate idiots a lot.

You must hate yourself the most.

>Company gives you an additional option
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Imagine being so retarded.

What I hate about digital games is that sometimes they just REFUSE to go down in price.
Stores have finite retail space so after a few months they mark everything down.

I don't see who this is for. Poorfags who are desperate to save ~$50 need discs so they can play preowned games

Lick, lick, lick lick, I want to eat yo dick, mouth WIDE open, mouth WIDE open, mouth WIDE open

Are you literally underage?
First you make a retarded argument and then this?
You're only wasting your own time by acting like a moron on the internet user.

>taking away discs is adding more options

thats a good joke kike

now be a good rat and ingest that zyklon-b, fuccboi

Only reason to buy an Xboner was for the good and cheap blu-ray player. Remove than and you have..???

(You)

Attached: 1529634973743.jpg (236x236, 12K)

Depends on what is cheaper and easier. I live near a physical game store. I can order anything online from a webstore and have it in the mail next day. I can download games from PSN. I have options.

Personally I don't find putting my PS4 on standby and having it download a game for 3 hours particularly CONVENIENT. But if you live in the middle of fucking nowhere maybe it is.

Attached: se-lain-g6.gif (500x357, 320K)

nobody even buys blu rays

My sisters husband does

Yea thats what I thought

gamers are sheep, they love paying for thin air

Attached: 1521212417108.jpg (400x400, 26K)

Idiots always take the easiest and quickest way.
Thats how its always been.

If they can buy games not getting up from the couch, they will do it.

Soon humanity will just become like the humans in WALL-E.

I they had all that advanced tech invented they would have also made something to keep everyone in shape as well to extend lifespans. That movie was dumb.

>supporting digital only on console
>when games get removed without warning or content gets patched out
fucking idiots

Attached: cruising-the-med-with-forza-horizon-2.jpg (3000x2000, 691K)

>durr i dont buy movies, therefore no one does!!

ever try practicing this shit in front of a mirror so not only will you hear how stupid you sound, but you'll also see how stupid you look

You aren't gonna think discs are useless in 20 years when the servers are dead.

Funny I can still play that game and download it whenever I want. You just can't buy it now if you didn't already

You can still buy the disc Xbone brand new if you want. It's not like anyone is gonna miss forza 2, either way.

I don't like disc's. If this thing is in the range of 100 bucks I'm buying one

Sure will. I have so many digital games on my Xbone. That's without the game pass even.

if you reallt think that user is only referring to just Forza 2, you are a complete dumbfuck brainless npc

macbook air was just an option too
iphone without headphone jack was just an option too

There's TVs everywhere

Wow, fuck you faggot.

>i dont like owning my games
sorry user, but i like to own my games, rather than rent them

>implying you own any game that can only be played on a DRM box

desu as long as I can play my digital games offline (after downloading them of course) then I'd be okay with it. It's the "online-only" bullshit that I hate about all-digital.

It's not like MS is phasing out the standard S. You just now have an option to cheap out on the disc drive. Personally I wouldn't mind getting it. I was planning to use Game Pass, so I have no use of discs. But I will also get the system cheaper.

20 bucks on a 200 dollar machines makes a huge difference.

>Because if there's one thing gamers are asking for, it's for LESS physical media.
Yeah man that's why physical media sales are going up like never before

people either go to the theater, pirate it or stream it (legally or illegally), the people buying BDs are an absolute minority

Idk bout that. Disks still mean alot to alot of people. This is like casual grade shitbox

Bruh what is your actual reading comprehension?

>when games get removed without warning or content gets patched out
something like that is so rare it's not even a valid argument at ths point

I think he was responding to sarcasm with sarcasm of his own.

The whole internet jumped down Microsoft's throat when they announced the XBone was going to be (effectively) digital only. Now you fuckers are lapping it up?

if it is downloadable and backupable, then I don't see much of a problem but I wouldn't buy xbox anyway because:
>no gaemes.

normies dont care and this is a power play to move people to licensing. this'll probably be price slashed by a considerable amount.

>no 4K blu ray player
>console loses most it's value
At least to me
I don't play games on it

If this actually succeeds. This just seems like a last ditch effort to move consoles when the sales are flagging. Keep in mind Xbone is in last place this gen.

> Microsoft
> consoles
hehe
both in EU and CIS nobody cares about Xbox
Silly xboxfags btfo

>Many console players will switch to PC and never install Steam or pay for a game, they will exclusively pirate.

Hey that exactly what I did. Holy crap user, that's some nostradamus bullshit

Attached: 1551254773379m.jpg (724x1024, 185K)

> ~$200 a month
Holly molly!
I usually pay 4 bucks for stable 100mbps

>prefer digital on PC
>loathe digital on consoles

Anybody else feel like this? Steam and GOG are great services and SSDs being dirt cheap means I'll never run out of space unless I go crazy. Consoles on the other hand are limited by their hardware and downloads/installation on consoles are painfully slow.

Black ops 4 on console only had the licence agreement on it you still had to download 50g when you put the thing in more and more will do this

This is actually true. The reason digital works on PC is because they give you a lot of control. With consoles, you have to play by their rules and can never really get a good look at things. With PCs you can see every file for yourself and see what's going on.

It's a big reason why people hate Windows 10 so much. Because they're trying to be like consoles, they're trying to take control away from the user.

The ability to buy physical on consoles is one of the few advantages they have over PCs.

Most console faggots are too retarded to pirate.

THINGS ARE WORSE THAN EVER!

Why would you even want to? Are you going to play Xbox on the fucking bus?

Everyone has sucked ms dick over game pass seems that the no disc console is the obvious next step play station did it with the psp go years ago

The new trend on pc cases is no optical drive bay at all. Pic related.
That said, I wonder if you'd be able to plug an external drive into a usb port. My external drive needs the power of two usb2 sockets or one usb3 port.

Attached: 78f3d698-1088-44ef-b497-4f369528de42.jpg (778x434, 150K)

If it was the Next Gen of console, sure stink up the place with your shitty opinions
But selling a cheaper console of what already exists, thats fine.
Its whatever.

IDGAF about physical and I was gaming before most of you were born.

same, I bought my xbone as 4k Blu ray player with gaming capabilities

I literally haven't bought a game disc in over 4 years.

Good games are on cartridges, fool.

No, so we should burn all physical books.

the difference here is that streaming has actual physical barriers preventing everyone from enjoying it
not everyone has good internet and if you don't live in the US you're fucked

I haven't bought a disc in like 8 years

>Watching blu-rays
Using discs for movies is even more retarded than for games.

Of course.
I've studied in the US for a year and the internet was the worst I've seen in my life.
My yurop connection was 10x faster.
That said, my friend from the ukraine, a literal war torn shithole, has space age internet thats about 10x as fast as mine.
ISPs in developed countries just suck big time.

Full-Digital is the only possible future like it or not.

The worst part about this is that xbox's digital games are all online-only. If your internet cuts out for a second while you're playing, it kicks you out and says "Do you own this game?". Shit gets on my nerves to no end because of my shoddy internet. I lost 3 hours of progress in Skyrim because of that, I was fuming.

Yes, just accept our fate. There's no fighting it.

*draws sword and eyes glow blue* Nah, I don't think so.

>it's rare now so it'll be rare forever

This x10, nobody actually cares anymore, sure the cases and stuff look cool, but it's dying so fast

they want to steal your money by banning you at their discretion.

Aren't xbones already dirt cheap? Unless this one is even fucking cheaper I fail to see the point.

Probably the same thing Sony was thinking when they released the PSP Go.

I've never once had this happen to me. Then again, I've never once had my internet cut out for more than a few hours at a time.

IM A SAVAGE MAVERICK BRO #LOGANG

Attached: 1501511344593.gif (367x265, 565K)

not him but dishonored 2, doom, gta5, shadow of war and those are the only games I've played on xbox

that was their plan for awhile they were gonna put gamepass on windows and their exclusives along with it

what do adults have that kids don't that allow them to buy certain games
hint its ID's

>dev releases broken game that fucks your console
>completely unrelated games taken away
wow great idea

Hmm.. I still prefer discs because then i can sell the game.

I'm still pissed the guy whose car i bought has an aftermarket radio in it w/o a CD player. It's tradition to pull out my dad's old Rush 2112 CD and have it be the first CD played in the car. This is something he did as well.

Again i'd like to state that you can't sell digital items. Which reminds me... How can they still charge $60 burger bonner drizzlers for a digital game?

Physical media is dying bro. You may be a hold out, but there's less and less of you each year. You also need to wake up to the fact that your brand new game disks Aren't going to be all that useful, or valuable as time goes on. Developers don't release COMPLETE games on disk anymore. If the services that provide you with day one patches ever were to stop working, your on disk games are all going to be incomplete buggy messes. It's a sad state of affairs, but that's where it's all heading, whether you like it nor not.

Just buy a pc then you stupid cuck.

Whats the point of building an expensive tower that isn't compact in the firstplace if you aren't even going to put in basic options like a CD tray? That has a ton of uses outside of video games.

>Developers don't release COMPLETE games on disk anymore.
This is something a lot of people don't understand.

>2019
>still collecting plastic
cringe

Why do people say this shit like it matters? Hey anons! I bought a CD yesterday! I thought that was interesting!

If I were a video game store I would refuse to sell this.

You're forgetting two key points.
> Having an unpatched game is better than having no game
> Patches are much easier to archive and redistribute than e.g. cracks.

Ah user sorry no, but when games like GTA IV i paid for years ago have content removed with patches your argument can fuck off. Give them an inch and they will take everything.

My copy of Persona 5 doesn't require a patch or as far as i can tell, an install that stops me from playing the game instantly when the disc goes in.

except when the psp go came out UMD was already a massive flop and almost anyone who used a psp installed cfw and was pirating games to boot off their memory stick. Its more likely that they were trying to squeeze as much money as they could out of hardware and proprietary memory card sales

Also how big is the hd on the maverick? Seeing as AAA games now are often upwards of 50gb they can't cheap out and throw a 500gb non-upgradeable hd in there. Really anything short of 4tb would fill up pretty quickly and easily and I'd be surprised if they gave you even half that.

Besides the games that came with my bundle, all my xbone games are digital and I don't have a problem with it.
The real question people should be asking is how will backwards compatibility work since most of the games require you to use the old 360 disc to confirm ownership.

I am considering I barely have internet

They're trying to push always-online again, they always do. They push, and push, and if they get slapped down they push again in a couple of years.

Tech, legislation, ethics, doesn't matter.
If this stupid shit completely bombs at least we'll get to see egg on Microsoft's face. It's nice when that happens to that stupid fucking company.

>Developers don't release COMPLETE games on disk anymore.
No. WESTERN devs don't release complete games anymore, period. Disc or digital.

Just saw this on my local news. The talking heads were laughing at it.

Yes. buy more and bigger hard drives. A new one every year preferably.

the only people I know who are like this dont even play games. they are better off getting a cheap media box

It'll probably be a 1 or 2 tb drive and they'll probably start pushing Xbox branded external drives.