Gtx970 still going strong

>gtx970 still going strong
remind me why should i buy a new gpu?

Attached: 7.jpg (996x1496, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/g-OODE8b_X4?t=567
nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti/
nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-gtx-1660-ti-advanced-shaders-streaming-multiprocessor/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

god i wish that were me

>that hand
daddy

>radeon hd 5850 and no one can stop me

nice 3.5 gigs dude

Remember when girls with videogames were seen as something hot and not a huge red flag? Those were the days.

Attached: boomer.jpg (400x400, 32K)

maybe at 720p lmao

What?
Gamer girls have always, and will always be sluts for pump and dump.
There's a few actual autists who are into games, but those are hard to find.
Marry her if you find one, though.

Attached: gamer sceneslut.jpg (720x892, 150K)

fellow 970fag reporting in
it's all good

>3.5

shalom, be sure to buy nvidia again the next time you need gpu

Attached: 1520663283142.jpg (550x550, 106K)

Attached: goingstrong.jpg (194x37, 7K)

>that piercing
her belly was so pretty but she ruined it with that shit.
You don't need to buy new GPU if you don't want to, PC is not a console.

That looks like a try-hard poser.
Not even the biggest gaming nerds wear that much gaming paraphilia.

there's nothing wrong with sluts
nowadays "gamer" "girl" is synonymous with crazy lefty missionaries or straight up trannies

The SJWs are easy to detect because they are the ugly ones.

If she's for pump and dump, she can be the embodiment of Stalin if she wants, she just needs to be hot.

>remind me why should i buy a new gpu?
You want to play on high settings at a higher resolution than 1080p?

for what purpose?
this is why i dont understand graphic fags its about gameplay i dont give a shit about sun rays and shadows

yeah but attention seeking sluts at least pretended to like vidya as it is, the political nerd wants to destroy them

I shouldn't have looked her up, that's the only good pic she has

not really desu, i want to play on high settings on 1920*1080 and the 970 still does that

Let them, at this point it would be a mercy kill.
Videogames are at a stage where even getting rid of SJW influence wouldn't be enough to make them good again.
Only an industry crash could help.

>for what purpose?
You want a bigger monitor? 1080p is fine up to a certain screen size. I would never buy a 27" or 32" 1080p screen.

still using a 21.5"
the weird thing is i don't even feel like getting a bigger one
if i were to replace it with something, i'd just buy a 1920*1200 screen with the same width

god-tier tummy

meh, i had fun with Shadow Tactics just yesterday
maybe not everything is rosy, but there are so many games that you're bound to find some not-shit ones

Attached: 43735081_2265221730424271_5068755853586099660_n.jpg (1080x1080, 100K)

Attached: 9d7b981f5e4687bc8f7f05430f8cad3e2ef84f08ea6ef5808fbf6f182c6050aa.png (778x512, 47K)

that is a man right

Girl is meh but I like her whore set up

>user falls for the ole derailing his own thread with a pic that's more interesting than the topic spicy keychain

if it's your first time seeing a girl, maybe

You shouldn't if it still meets your needs. Upgrading constantly is a meme pushed by consoletards and autists who think you always need the latest and greatest everything. Bought my 1070 back at the end of 2016 and I have no reason to upgrade it now. I won't even be considering upgrading until the 2100 series card (or whatever they get called) come out because RTX cards are overpriced and the tech is too new.

True I can get 120+fps in every new game

3.5 wasn't even going strong at launch, don't pretend it's somehow even decent now
>no man it plays games at 1080p on low it's perfect

I had a 670 until year before last when I moved to a 1070 I got for cheap after the hurricane. I still use it in my backup/emulation/media center.

I would sniff her y-crevice, if you smell what I am cooking.

Attached: 1518045277732.jpg (650x506, 102K)

>one monitor
that better be a KVM switch

>there's nothing wrong with sluts
yes there is. a man can fuck them all he wants, but to believe there is nothing wrong with them is to be naive

>tfw got a free 6 gig 1060 when my 970 died with two months of warranty left

Attached: 1523905851479.gif (444x250, 3.04M)

because 1080p is fucking decade old shit by now

Did you post about it in some other site? I'm pretty sure I read about it somewhere.

Attached: 1551602214119.jpg (273x270, 21K)

>he fell for the 1440p or 4k meme
lol cuck

970 here. I only got a 970 cause my 560 died of old age (artifacts on the bios screen, etc.).

The only reason to upgrade from that would be if my 970 also died.

Graphics are leveling out now to the point where a game from 5 years ago can be about as good and as immersive as a brand new game. Upgraded graphics now make a minimal difference so the need to upgrade graphics cards is also minimal. What we really need now is a new game with some actual gameplay to it.

desu, if my 560 didn't die, I would probably still be using it. Most of the games I play don't benefit from a stronger card. And many new games are so terribly optimized, a stronger card can't do much to improve it. Pic related.

Attached: fallout computer.jpg (960x960, 166K)

Overspending on the latest line of cards is just a waste, chances are you're doubling down to play a handful of shity AAA games Farcry, Tomb Raider, Battlefield, Metro etc etc that you drop after your first playthrough and then go back to playing less-demanding games for a few hundred more hours like Factorio, Divinity II, Terraria, Hollow Knight etc

Dial back on the GFX spending put it into CPU/RAM or SSD instead.
Spending on a CPU is ultimately the better choice than overspending on GFX performance that you're not using 80% of the time your computer is running

that's pretty good

There's at least three in the pic, user. Do you need glasses?

Attached: 1550877361149.png (963x720, 572K)

>3.5
Lmao

>he fell for the meme card

Attached: 1463958559542.jpg (480x360, 31K)

>one monitor
user you may need new prescriptions. There's three monitors in that image.

I don't know, OP. On one hand, my 970 can run things based in UE4 and stuff like REmake 2 just fine. But then relatively less demanding things like Apex and Far Cry 5 run like shit.

Maybe just on /g/. Not surprised if it also happened to someone else given how popular the cards were

I upgraded to 1070ti and honestly could've done without it. Even with me mostly playing VR. But i had to upgrade cause I also do workstation stuff. Only benefit is like double the framerate.

970 will defo be obsolete but i5 2500k? Nah.

man i'd kill for that hand
my hand is so smooth and makes me look like a girl

Yeah my PC is still rocking the 4690K and GTX970, but has been starting to choke because of my gorillion tabs and excessive media encoding. Might just replace the mobo, CPU and ram to something more modern but I'm still finding it hard to justify doing even that much. More cores and small overall speeds, but for some mid-high hundreds of dollars? Technology really hasn't done shit in the past 5 years.

>he didn't get a gtx1080 before the crypto crash
>m-my 970 is still good guys! i don't need 1440p!

Attached: 1548038921977.png (549x1024, 413K)

>Technology really hasn't done shit in the past 5 years.
everything is still reliant on fast single core access and computing. Just OC your processor thats why the K is there for.
>t. 2500k @ 4.5ghz on a 20 dollar cooler and minimal bottleneck

Try hard? She gets a pass since she has VHS.

jesus christ.
I wish you hadn't pointed that out.

totally didn't see them until you pointed them out wtf

1080p is plenty. Higher refresh rate is way better and has bigger impact than more resolution.

What specs am I supposed to look for when I buy a gpu?
surely its not just the number of the model, a shitty """gaming latop""" can have a high number gpu with a garbage performance

Should I get the 2060 or 2070? I want to run everything at at least High on 1440p until the next generation starts.

Because nShitia banks on you being a retard with disposable income and poor impulse control.

Crash will happen sooner or later but it will mostly affect AAA devs. Overblown budgets are keywords. Indie devs will be unaffected.

If it's a Nvidia card and it has at least 6GB of vram it's good.

Id rather 120hz

price/performance
1660 ti is there now. avoid anything that says 'amd' they're not really GPUs

>Basic ass bitch wants some more pixels over a better refresh rate.
120Hz 1080p is the sweet spot for PC monitor-based gaming.

>plays Hollow Knight and Rimworld at 1440p
>this 1080 was totally worth it

If anything, grab QHD screen. Pick VA display if you value colors and comfy gaming or pick 144hz if you want serious multiplayer gaming. Both at the same time will likely kill your wallet. G-Sync/Freesync is nice but in my experience they are mostly marketing buzzwords.
>Asus MG278Q, QHD 144hz Freesync here

look for vRam (higher the better) .

at the least you probably want about 6GB vRam.

God mode would be like 11GB which runs you like 800-1k$ and I wouldnt even recommend.
there is also MHz which is clock speed.
try and make sure you get something over 1500MHz.

also make sure you get the proper monitor and processor though.

Attached: 1299837257_preview_1516085923311.jpg (985x768, 125K)

youtu.be/g-OODE8b_X4?t=567

Attached: 1474256441487.png (582x419, 251K)

Does CPU matter in 1440p 144hz?

I felt like my 6600k is outdated.
Should I get a 9700k or wait for 10nm?

Depends on the game.

wtf where;s the buldge, huh?
god i fucking hate newfagas not respecting or coulture

Tried to run Hunt showdown,
that game is barely playable with all the stuttering even with my 2080.

>290x still running stronger
Lmao

you look for benchmarks comparing games to find out what card you want, people literally show you how good a card can run a game on what settings. The thing is you dont get consistent results comparing clock speeds across architectures, vram is consistent though, and honestly if youre planning on buying a card soon you need at least 8gb of vram to get good looking textures in 4k, 6gb will be ok for 2k but great for 1080p

Well Hunt showdown is a great game but it is really badly optimized CPU wise. One patch I am running 90-120fps then next patch I am back in the 60s with tons of stuttering.

your gpu is doing the heavy lifting on most games youre playing that are well optimized and arent strategy games

IF YOU DO play simulation/strategy games or plan to you need a decent CPU
OR if you are also a 3D artist or 2D (like videos) a decent CPU is a must.

Because newer is better always! ALWAYS!

post hand

user...there are 3 monitors in the picture

Opposite, every true virgin knows that VHS was the worst fucking format and is only good for the sound the VCR makes when you put the VHS in. And you can just google all that.

As someone that knows one autistic girl that plays video games 6 hours per day and studies hard maths for the rest od the day, it's truly a bad idea.
Sometimes we get in fight over stupid shit and I couldn't live by constantly.repressing my thoughts and feelings.

That's even better.

bfv is literally unplayable. 60 fps max and its un FUCKING stable

Apex runs really well for me. With 80-100 FPS. It drops to 60 rarely, but it’s not too bad in apex at all for some reason unlike in cod, where it feels very laggy

Why the fuck do these people feel the need to have all this "gaymer" paraphilia?

2080ti bros get the FUCK in here

Attached: 20181117_182653.jpg (4032x3024, 3.88M)

Showing off that you are a manchild is the current fad, like hipsters were 5 years ago.

Attached: 1535691131238.jpg (1080x1350, 288K)

that girl really like beserk you know what that means

RTX 2070 + Ryzen 7 2700X for 1440p gaming. Should i pull the trigger?
i don't need to play my games on ultra.

Attached: nvidia.webm (1280x720, 1.47M)

I don't think this is recent. I've seen people like this for some good time now.

She has rape fantasies?

Attached: 1551711724803.jpg (420x322, 33K)

I'm pretty sure girls don't like Berserk. The ones that claim to like it are straight up lying.

Attached: bat hug.png (1366x768, 1.05M)

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti/

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-gtx-1660-ti-advanced-shaders-streaming-multiprocessor/

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

4, but yea i get it

berserk is really popular with "nerdy" girls at my college, it is probably the biggest normalfag manga besides one piece.

i bought a 144 hz monitor so i needed an upgrade from my 970. Bought an evga 2070 black. Now they have a bundle with the 2070 founders edition with metro exodus which i wish would have been available when i built my new peesee.

They claim to like for the attention. That's girls 101.

I also have a 970.
I had to turn Apex Legends down more than I'd like.

It's showing its age, but only just.

my 970 broke and I had to get a 1050 ti
is this considered a downgrade or an upgrade?

>we live in a world where girls fight over attention by claiming to like anime
What a timeline.

Attached: 1545063571214.png (497x438, 348K)

You're like a little baby
Watch this

Attached: machine.jpg (160x20, 3K)

whatever's popular
you'll see everything

Don't listen to this faggot.

I have a R9 390x and I have felt no need to upgrade. Mainly because pc got no other games than civ and those run on a toaster.

Japanese culture is getting more and more popular because the west is producing nothing but garbage and propaganda.

>friend sends me his GTX 970 for free
>excited to upgrade from my HD 7850
>put it in
>whenever the 970 is in the PC will only load the Mobo screen then nothing
>whenever the 7850 is in it works without issue
I didn't uninstall the drivers, but surely that would only matter once it loads into Windows?

Attached: [Asenshi] Little Witch Academia - 08 [9BC06695].mkv_snapshot_21.05_[2017.03.02_01.37.17].jpg (1280x720, 63K)

What the fuck, man? Upgrade that shit RIGHT NOW.

Attached: 1551507133837.png (715x545, 572K)

>670 that my late brother gave me just developed a rattling in one of the fans while under load.

What do I do?

Attached: 1543096685632.png (300x300, 150K)

You shouldn't, at least until the gtx 1670 releases

You don't have to. Your PC only needs to be as powerful as the most popular console because that's what games are made for.

Put the video output in the mobo graphics until you install the new card's drivers...

There's barely any differences between high/extra high/ultra high in todays games other than some minor things and even those are then muddled by pissfilters, CA, Bloom, DoF and other abominations.

>dem milkers

try opening it to the point where you can see if anything is in the fan if not then its probably fine? t.random user with no tech skills

my 670 shit the bed when 1060 was cheap at least.

Naah mate, I'm quite contended
I can get the majority of shit I like running quite well

integrated intel graphics

Nice individually sleeved cables user.

>that third worlder who still plays in blurry 1080p shit in 2019

user, are you ok?
How many fingers am I holding up?

Like what?

Nothing happens when I do that with the 970 in.

Or is the system assuming it has to output to GPU since it still has GPU drivers?

Trick question. They're all up your ass.

It may be trying to output from the card, yes. If it posts then it shouldn't be a power issue.

what the fuck he drinking

Alright, I'll give it one more try some time soon with all the drivers uninstalled.

Basically anything up to 2010-2011, maybe 2012 tech
C&Cs, HoMMs, all of TES games, you name it

Attached: list.jpg (246x790, 64K)

>paraphilia
kek

>for honor
what's the average fps?

I have the same GPU, and it doesn't really cut it for 4K, which is the reason I'm considering getting a new card.

I just added it into my library when it was handed out for free
Haven't tried it at all

1080p 144hz works still for me on GTX970.. But I do not play a lot of AAAAAAAAAAAAA games and if I do I tend to play on medium.

Based MRE Steve poster

FAKE. That SNES isn't even plugged in. She probably borrowed it from her bf