You can perfectly pinpoint the exact moment in Bioware's history when they got bought by EA

You can perfectly pinpoint the exact moment in Bioware's history when they got bought by EA

Attached: 1550821703669.png (1206x1322, 2.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XzkCmidjeHc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>ME2: 96

Attached: 24543.jpg (480x270, 10K)

No you can't. Dragon Age 1 and Mass Effect 2 were after the purchase.

there isn't a decline until da2.

>Starwars shit
>Better than NWN
No

Their last good game was Mass Effect.

Star Wars sucks, but NWN is absolute garbage.

Neverwinter Nights was shit without the modules

>dao
>bad
It's a much better RPG than ME1 and doesn't rely on sequels at all.

This

I miss Jade Empire...
When are we going to get another martial arts rpg

NWN was complete shit and a huge mistake.

ME1 is perfectly fine as a stand-alone game, and I vastly prefer it that way. ME2 is shit and feels like a spin-off.

NWN is fucking trash.

ME 2 getting a 96 was literally just a way for reviewers to make up for sleeping on the original even though 2 was a worse game. All a bunch of fucking morons

2 was a much better game.

>ME1 is perfectly fine as a stand-alone game
The ending is nothing but sequel bait.

>Went from Space Opera RPG to cover shooter with a pointless story
No you adorable female human

>Space Opera RPG with dogshit gameplay to something actually fun to play with characters you give a fuck about

>fun to play

Attached: me12.jpg (1301x376, 170K)

>implying that driving the fucking rover around was actually enjoyable
Yeah, I like that you use some concept art instead of it actually looks like to drive that piece of shit. The scanning planet thing was lame, but compared to the actual meat and potatoes of shooting dudes, it took almost no time at all.

You can kill the two main villains at the end (Saren and Sovereign). That's good enough for me.

They got bought near the end of mass effect 1s production

>ME1
>Garrus is a competent cop and a bit of a loose cannon, hardass kind of dude who learns mercy as the game goes on

>ME2
>Garrus can literally hold against three high-profile mercenary groups on his own including taking down a gunship solo until conveniently the plot needs him to go down
>and is now a wisecracking sidekick who's one step from action movie one-liners when he kills people

>when their scores started to go up again?
yes it's obvious

>Garrus is every character

>Jacob- "Shepard, I know we have this suicide mission, but man, I can't give it my all, cuz, you see.... I'm looking for my dad."

>Miranda- "Shepard, I know we have this suicide mission, but man, I can't give it my all, cuz, you see.... I'm looking for my sister."

>Thane- "Shepard, I know we have this suicide mission, but man, I can't give it my all, cuz, you see.... I'm looking for my son."

>Samara- "Shepard, I know we have this suicide mission, but man, I can't give it my all, cuz, you see.... I'm looking for my daughter."

>Mordin- "Shepard, I know we have this suicide mission, but man, I can't give it my all, cuz, you see.... I'm looking for my student."

>Grunt- "Shepard, I know we have this suicide mission, but man, I can't give it my all, cuz, you see.... I'm hitting Krogan puberty or something, man."

>Jack- "Shepard, I know we have this suicide mission, but man, I can't give it my all, cuz, you see.... I'm looking for my shirt. This strap is really cutting into my nipples, y'know? And I mean, I know we're all about taking this seriously, but WHO DAFUQ took my damn clothes and left me with nothing but a leather strap in space! It's freaking cold, man!"

>was literally just a way for reviewers to make up for sleeping on the original
Nigga the original scored high, this picture shows that

You are so wrong it's actually physically painful

and yet I would play 2 again in a heartbeat over 1
regardless of all that stuff that isn't gameplay

And Dragon Age: Origins was shit. Last Bioware game I ever bought.

It's a bit of a contrived way to get you to spend more time with characters, but it works

>sleeping on the original
ME1 had straight-up bad gameplay.

Because you're a casual who likes braindead games. No problem with that.

By braindead you mean fun? No one praises the actual gameplay of ME1, and guess what? It's a fucking video game.
You niggers need to pick up an actual book some time.

In what universe is ME1 not a braindead game for casuals.

>DA:2 is worse than ME2/3 and DA:O/I
Perfect example of why I've never read a goddamn review.

Attached: laugh3.gif (450x288, 1.1M)

DA:2 was god awful, what are you talking about?

>have a 60% finished game
>ea needs a big release right now because they need good numbers to show investors
>slap together the other 40% out of reused assets and ship it

I feel bad for EA.
They thought they were buying the best fucking developer ever and instead they got gay-obsessed hacks.

My opinion > your opinion

ME3 is not bad at all. ME2 and Inquisition are shit, though.

>best RPG in years
>awful
Fugh?

Attached: blink.gif (195x229, 1.29M)

>RPG
Barely.
>Fugh?
What is this? Some new twitter speak or something?

Attached: 1549881566451.jpg (1024x680, 96K)

Attached: 1551601181922.jpg (960x1440, 1.11M)

are deadlines responsible for the retcon, the God awful characters and the gay pandering too?
stop looking for excuses for Bioware, DAII's development started right after Origins was released.

Bout to start a mass effect trilogy run

Adept, infiltrator, or sentinel?

youtube.com/watch?v=XzkCmidjeHc

Infiltrator.

Sentinel

Infiltrator. Biotics become almost useless in the sequel.

Engineer. Hacking some Geth is pretty great.

Infiltrator

Attached: 1551767772597.jpg (1000x1000, 123K)

>God awful characters and the gay pandering started in DA2
sure

>press a button, something awesome happens

This is pretty much Japanese development in a nutshell. Why is it okay when Japan does it, Yea Forums?

I'd say it's more of a contemporary Japanese development (FFXV).

>SWTOR
>85

where did it start then?
DA:O had Zevran but honestly, he was jut a horny manwhore, the gay part wasn't central to his character

Dragon Age 2 was one of the biggest insults I ever bought
it was basically a giant fuck you to the consumer
I haven't bought an EA game since then and I never will

Remember when one of the guys behind DA2 said "we want the Call of Duty audience"?

Attached: 1447027486092.png (200x203, 58K)

We will never forget

at least as far back as jade empire they were writing generic gender neutral bisexual romances trying to pander to as many people as possible. having exclusively gay characters is a step past that but it's still in the same spirit of trying to hit as many markets as possible.