Epic Games Store’s latest PC exclusive is Shakedown: Hawaii

polygon.com/2019/3/5/18251709/shakedown-hawaii-release-date-epic-games-store

>Epic Games has locked down another PC exclusive for its store: Shakedown: Hawaii, the new game from Retro City Rampage developer Vblank Entertainment. The upcoming retro-style top-down shooter/business simulator will make its PC debut first on the Epic Games Store sometime this spring, Vblank and Epic announced today.

>Terms of the exclusivity arrangement were not disclosed, but the developer’s previous game, Retro City Rampage DX, was sold on PC platforms through Steam, GOG.com, and the Humble Store. Shakedown: Hawaii, like Retro City Rampage, is coming to a wide variety of platforms, including Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita.

Yea Forumsalve fanboys BTFO

Attached: shakedown steam 2.jpg (1469x878, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retro_City_Rampage
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotline_Miami
pcgamer.com/epic-boss-tim-sweeney-is-worth-nearly-dollar3-billion-more-than-gabe-newell-according-to-bloomberg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

epic always wins baby

being totally unironic for a sec
the multi-storefront shit is making me want to drop pc entirely
i'd rather play on console than have PRC spyware on my computer
and smaller platforms like bethesda launcher have me really worried for the future, what if 10 years down the line it just gets shut down? what if battlenet dies off?
i've never really been all too concerned about ownership until now

Cue all the valve--drones going
>dude who even cares its a fricking NES game! No one cares bro!

I've already seen Yea Forums call it a shitty NES game

That sucks. I was looking forward to it. Guess I'll wait for exclusivity to expire or just pirate it. I got the first in a humble bundle anyway.

I don't care if it gets sold in multiple stores; it's the exclusivity bullshit that is the issue.

If anything it just makes me actually want to pirate again.

console war faggotry

a literal retro city rampage reskin
wtf

steam users arent the entirety of Yea Forums

REMINDER DEVS ARE BRINGING THIS SHIT TO THEMSELVES
NOW THEY ARE GETTING THE MONEY BEFOREHAND, BECAUSE EPIC COVERS THE FIRST YEAR, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES OF LOSING THE 1ST YEAR MOMENTUM WHEN THEY LAUNCH ON STEAM LATER
THIS IS LITERALLY GETTING BRIBED AND WISHFUL THINKING PEOPLE WILL STILL CARE ABOUT YOUR GAME ONE YEAR LATER
AND THEY ARE BASICALLY FORGETTING ABOUT PIRACY
AND THEY WILL PROBABLY TRY TO RELEASE ON STEAM FULL PRICE HAHAHHAHAHAH
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
2021 WILL BE ONE HELL OF A YEAR FOR DEVS

>linking to polygon
OP is a double shill

Attached: dont_respond.jpg (680x680, 87K)

About time they released ANY news about that game honestly, i had written it off as abandoned, good to know it is even alive.

>Exclusive
No doubt timed considering how port-happy they were with RCR, and if not it's no big loss either.

Attached: I LOVE PORTS!.jpg (329x637, 79K)

>psp
>2016
for what reason

>Epic has done more advertising for Shakedown than Steam ever did

It's true, literally every gaming website has an article on Shakedown Hawaii being on Epic Store.

Attached: shakedown.png (1066x341, 58K)

Holy shit I'm deleting my entire steam library of 600 games and getting Epic(TM) store right now!

Congrats on your 29th game, Epic!

*chortles*

Because they could, that doesn't even list the NES port and DOS version (Retro City Rampage 486).

Borderline Carmack autism and wanting to prove how port-able the game was.

>Retards arguing about which terrible drm infested corprate pc store front is better/winning
God damn me and the pirate crew are having a great time making fun of you drooling brainlets and actually playing games

Attached: 69EA3B00-A01B-4B31-80C0-5C55FE32FADD.png (300x168, 6K)

>Unironically linking to polygon
Kill you're self

Looks like an effortless try to grab attention from Hotline Mami fans.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retro_City_Rampage

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotline_Miami

Both came out in the same month and year, but RCR was first.

this.
just sell the game across all the platforms. it's not like it will hurt sales; i imagine they think going exclusive will net them an article or two whereas before they would have garnered zero attention. this exclusivity console shit just builds up more ill will between me and ebin drm studio

>Epic Game Store Exclusive
>It is still being listed on Steam.

Attached: 1341857507409.gif (163x212, 16K)

but that is because journos are shilling the Epic Store because it does not have a review system, and journos wants their reviews to be relevant again (their paid shilling jobs are done with Steam reviews)

>because it does not have a review system

Battle.net, Humble Bundle, Fanatical, Origin, Bethesda Launcher or uPlay have user reviews either.

Day 1 pirate. Fuck Epic and fuck sonyfags like op.

First game was neat on a technical level (the fact that it comes with working NES and DOS versions of the game is really cool), but beyond that it's just a simple 2D GTA clone with a bunch of video game references and almost no challenge until the last 2 missions. Not interested in a sequel enough to install the epic store.

The game is still on all those consoles, this seems like a pretty good move for them and a bad move for Epic who are wasting their money on this.

>>and a bad move for Epic who are wasting their money on this.

pcgamer.com/epic-boss-tim-sweeney-is-worth-nearly-dollar3-billion-more-than-gabe-newell-according-to-bloomberg/

>Epic boss Tim Sweeney is worth nearly $3 billion more than Gabe Newell, according to Bloomberg

literally who

>Epic takes steps to help market games outside the store
explains this fucking thread

Attached: 2009_China_Tiananmen_TankMan[1].jpg (600x409, 37K)

>battle.net
a store with nearly 6 games
>humble bundle
a store that sells steam games
>fanatical
a store that sells steam games
>origin
LOL
>bethesda
MEGALOL
>Uplay
this one has forums, lad

at least make your point valid, journo
your paid reviews ARE DONE

So? HM is much more popular, and the name + aesthetics of this one clearly lean towards HM.

Shitline Miami didn't invent the 80's

And if you want to get retarded like that, Shitline ripped off Vice City.

pastebin that polygon garbage bitchass OP.

Oh hey look, another game to pirate, neat.

Then HM ripped off the topdown Grand Theft Autos in that case.

Just read the text, that's the important stuff I copied

This too

Pretty sure it's inspired by Vice City since the previous games started out as an NES demake of GTA3

>30% fee a rip off

i don't like how 30% is the defacto charge but how is it a rip off? steam has a way bigger userbase than epic.

> steam has a way bigger userbase than epic.

Uh, no.

Attached: fortnite apex.jpg (1241x518, 207K)

>When your in a public restroom and you shake the last drops of piss off your dick but it hits your glasses and you dont have a microfiber cloth so you use the sink but the bathroom doesnt have any paper towels (or they are the rough kind the scratch) so you try to use the dryer but it just ends up giving it a baked in look and you cant see shit and your friends are yelling "come on dude you in there wtf is he jerking lmbo hey wait till you get home hahaha" so you go it again and while it on your shirt and "hahaha this boi pissed himself haha".

Think I'll pass on this game.

>just chatting
is twitch just turning back into justin.tv?

how is that a good representation of their userbase you dumb cunt?

Attached: Capture.jpg (602x635, 54K)

technically the NES port was only a prototype included as a bonus in the regular ports.

LOL, all these bitchass devs are doing is ruining their own sales.

PC gaming is already enough of a niche as is, you don't want to sell to only 25% of that by limiting yourself to Epic Tencent Store.

Well they already confirmed a 3DS and Vita port so who knows how weird they'll get.

Attached: 1454154365240.jpg (640x360, 141K)

are you unironically comparing justin.tv to fucking justchatting? I've had the same account since 2008 and specifically remember a lot of justin.tv streamers being chadbros who used to say all manner of stuff because the policing on the site wasn't anywhere near as PC as it is today.

> indie shit

Nothing of value was lost.

>mfw i never bought these overrated reddit shit games to begin with
mmm another developer whoring out to china
if i ever want to play his games i'll just steal them
that's what china does, steal everything and then laugh at gweilo

What's stupid is that it's just a cut Steam takes from the sales on their store. If you wanna fucking sell your game somewhere else and you give someone a steam code for purchasing, you can take 100% of the cut no issue from Valve
Since Epic's Store doesn't have a code system for games right now, you can only sell through their store for their launcher and be forced to deal with Epic taking their cut

So after one year it's back on Steam isn't it? I'll just wait 2 years for it to show up in a Bundle and get it for pennies since it looks fun.

Attached: 1550015959686.jpg (1200x505, 324K)

This is going to go down as a big smear on epic's trackhistory.

You'll find Metro Exodus is still listed, too; it'll come to Steam, just in a year.

But what if you don't want to use Steam?

You mean as a consumer or game publisher?
As a consumer, that's up to the publishers where they put their game, as for being a publisher, you can put your game on Gog, Epic Store, Uplay, Origin, Battle.net, etc

Attached: rlly mks me thnk.png (225x225, 4K)

Death to Valve
Death to Epic
Death to GOG
Death to Origin
Death to uplay
Death to battle.net
Death to anyone that gives money to or uses any of the above
No DRM free physical copy, no buy.

>As a consumer, that's up to the publishers where they put their game

Tell that to Steam drones.

Attached: 7gfa reviews.jpg (1964x958, 152K)

You have no right to complain if you have ever paid for a download, you voted with your wallet for this
You should have been pirating to begin with.
Based. I have never given money to any of these consolized platforms. Steam was the consolization of PC.

based and high iq pirate pilled

>Implying these two scenarios are similar
Devotion lost it's publisher and was taken off the Steam store because Chinese subhumans couldn't take a fucking joke
Meanwhile the review spam against Metro has had no effect on the sales of the games on Steam compared to the original news of the Epic Store deal

Attached: 09789353897.jpg (503x434, 23K)

So, how do you like playing Warcraft 2 on that glorious 3.5in floppy?

Better than playing with your floppy 3.5in dick

Get yourself checked for that ED, man.

Both cases are a retarded holy war fought over nothing

Oh look another template shill thread. Fuck off chang.

Then you weren't that interested in the game.

Oh no, I have to launch my game from a different application on the same computer, what kind of hellscape are we living in?

I'm not bothered, if it gets good reviews then I'll pirate it if it's not of Steam, but I'm pretty sure it'll just be a reskin of the first one.

you're replying to a cockroach

They TRULY messed with gamers when they forced us to use other programs - it's like we're in twilight clown world zone

Attached: 1550719125527.png (361x164, 92K)

Wasn't the NES version just the original
Grand Theftendo prototype?

In what way?

Chinkroach you mean?

The game looks like garbage anyway. The only good indie game to come out in the past two decades is Grimoire. I don't think I'll ever comprehend the mind of hipster faggots who'd rather play Indie Retroshit v.749 over Half-Life 1 for the 800th time.

>Grimoire

Good taste, but I still think this looks good

looks like open word 2D gta done right.

just pirate retard