Are there any fighting games based on reaction rather than memorizing combos...

are there any fighting games based on reaction rather than memorizing combos? I have memory problems so it's hard for me to remember combos but I've always wanted to get into a fighting game

Attached: 55.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_-dK7Xboys
youtube.com/watch?v=y4wf4JJwroY
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Smash.

samsho

You just described Smash

Smash allows players to be far more creative with their combo game than any other fighting game series.

It's also really easy to pick up and start learning.

Smash isn't a fighting game though.

Ironically this.
Still I'm pretty sure a lot of fighting games out there have one or two characters in their roster that can deal massive damage with minimum combo.

Like all of them except a few meme games or if you are playing in the top 0.01%

Most fighting games honestly. Once upon a time I thought I would get better at fighting games if I learned difficult combos. The result was I learned a couple combos and performed even worse. Most combo videos are just overly complex, needlessly complicated and require unlikely or just downright near impossible setups. It's far more important to know your opponent and react to them properly than it is to learn fancy combos.

Street Fighter 3rd Strike

any specific ones you guys would recommend?

Then why is it at evo?

Street Fighter 4 would probably be good since there's very few combos at all, even in the higher tiers of play.

Power Stone.

Street Fighter 2

Divekick

Attached: tumblr_m6t4feSFkv1rylvmgo1_500[1].gif (427x666, 234K)

The new Samurai Shodown when it releases.

Attached: tumblr_m48a21ulfc1rr25nho1_250[1].gif (210x350, 261K)

Tikatika, tikaurin, jan ken pon!
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_-dK7Xboys

Attached: __cure_peace_and_kise_yayoi_smile_precure_and_etc_drawn_by_kikuchi_tsutomu__dd80d725c785e2c35e3d90b0 (750x1000, 324K)

Unironically Smash
If you play 1v1 on a gimmick/free stage with items off, it's a legitimate fighting game and anyone who disagrees is an autistic neckbeard

Smash is all about positioning and knowing which individual moves to use, and they don't use input chains and the game doesn't really have combos

Touhou Hisoutensoku controls in much the same way as smash, with a handful of basic attacks that you have to string together yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=y4wf4JJwroY

>Street Fighter 4 would probably be good since there's very few combos at all, even in the higher tiers of play.
It's literally the most combo heavy game in the series and one of the fighters that's most heavy on the requirement to learn relatively difficult ones because if you can't link off a jab you aren't even playing.

5 starts off with everything being MP, MP, special, but the combos get stupid and relatively hard to remember because of how weirdly they're structured with V-trigger and most other people will be doing them.

Simplest combos with current games is probably SCVI. That game has some ridiculous wall combos but they're super situational and otherwise you're looking at mostly stuff like launcher>two hit string, or maybe one intermediate attack.

But the deal is always that you break it down into parts. Some 20 second combo in BlazBlue actually requires thinking about the same amount of information as like a 5 hit combo in some other game because so much of it is autopiloting simple 1-2-3 sequences that become one solid block of actions in your head.

Attached: 1538065376630.jpg (533x543, 39K)

Weaponlord?

Bushido Blade, baby.

Attached: 1540775427343.gif (366x325, 3.42M)

Samurai Showdown 2. Some of the characters don't even have combos.

What is the point of telling you when you will just forget it?

Guilty Gear. Especially XX

lmao

Samsho for the simple answer and the new one is coming out.

The over emphasis and romanticization of combos is what gets people like you hung up though.
You still need to remember what all your moves are. Plus other than some memorization of the most simple stuff to start off, combos start to come through natural experimentation and knowledge of the flow, where when you discover tech, you understand why things lead into another instead of just hard memorizing the entire string. If you try to do a combo off memorization in the middle of a match, you are only wasting your energy and focus that needs to be used elsewhere.

>combos are the only way to win
Fucking hate this meme.

Smash and For Honor. But neither of them are fighting games.
You can also try SC6 since it hardly really requires you to memorize combos.