Unpopular opinion: Banjo would not bring a unique aethstetic or playstyle to smash while Steve has the potential to be...

Unpopular opinion: Banjo would not bring a unique aethstetic or playstyle to smash while Steve has the potential to be interesting in both his stage and moveset.

I'm not even a steveposter fag but this is just how I feel.

Attached: steve smash.png (1920x1080, 378K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20190214173251/https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/n64/196695-banjo-tooie/faqs/57005
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah I'd prefer Banjo for legacy reasons but Steve 100% would have a much more interesting moveset.

Get out Discordfags

Steve is just another Villager, kill yourself dumb kid.

get out discordfags. steve would be link but with a block, banjo has an entire repertoire of moves to source from and create a unique moveset.

Unironically this, Banjo has such a plain straight forward moveset that he's pretty boring to think about gameplay wise. I'd rather a character that has long lasting appeal after their reveal

>all these furfags mad that their shitty irrelevant character has no chance against steve

lol

Banjo is another anthropomorphic animal, which we have plenty of. He can jump and punch and jab. How original, and I'm saying this as a fan of the series. Steve not having a fighting moveset forces them to get creative.

He could have a gimmick where his tools break and get replaced with better ones and when his diamond tools break he gos back to wood.

N-NO BANJO WOULD BE UNIQUE HE HAS A BACKPACK FOR HIS GRAB ANIMATIONS

holy shit, an actually good Steve fan-image instead of these horrifying renders? if Steve looked like this, i'd be okay with him being in smash.

Fuck Steve, fuck Reimu, fuck Agumon and fuck Shantae

that's my goal

>have to "gather materials" to have weapons
>can build traps or platforms
>has a bucket of lava that flows around the map
>hunger meter that causes him damage, needs to press a button to eat

Oh fuck off, ofcourse Kazooie would be in on it which would open up plenty of crazy moves, did any of you retards ever even play B&K or BT?

THats to far in gimmicks

Attached: FF0E50DD-CF3E-41E3-9C39-0BD96C95B1F0.png (283x178, 28K)

too many ideas user don't

Duck Hunt already has a bird companion, sorry sweetie

Banjo would just be a Duck Hunt echo and a generic animal mascot that blends in with the rest of the roster. Steve would bring a new visual style to the table as well as a unique playstyle that utilizes his ability to place blocks.

imagine if steve looked like how he does on the official artwork

Attached: images.jpg (739x415, 34K)

Looks pretty good, too bad they removed his big smile ingame

Attached: Steve_Artwork.png (278x382, 90K)

it's a shame how this thread went from talking about the thread topic (Steve) to just bashing on it's opposition (B&K).

he would use his sword for one move max.

that wasn't a smile user

>banjo is an echo of ike, and uses kazooie as a sword

>Smile
Oh zoomer...

i agree, the artwork Steve is crisp, mainly because of how it minimalizes detail in colors even farther to this nice, soothing blue for the shirt and a darker blue for the pants and we finally know whether the weird thing on his face was a mouth, chin shadow or a small beard. it's a small beard.

So you didn't, fuck off about BORING BEAR GIV BLOCK MAN then.

he could use his sword for a Reflect-type of move like how you can reflect Ghast Fireballs in the actual game.

>Bowser and Charizard breathe fire so they are echoes right? Jigglypuff and Kirby are pink and round so they're the same character right guys? We have like 30 swordfighters but they're all the same.

Attached: IMG_20190302_135311.jpg (1080x1110, 61K)

It's not Banjo and it's not Steve

Attached: battletoads.jpg (854x480, 803K)

OH SHIT I FORGOT THAT'S A THING THAT'S HAPPENING HOLY FUCK

now that'd be interesting. It could block a shit ton of damage and simultaneously reflect projectiles.

Now this would be so fucking radical.

Steve would be a shitty villager. Sorry zoomers.

cringe post. Steve has literally zero in common with villager. keep seething and coping.

well, i mean, they're both made out of squares so they have something in common

Cope zoomer, they are the same shit. Except one is shit colored lego bricks.

oh wait no every character is made out of squares, called pixels
i'm a fucking moron

We're talking about whether Banjo would be unique and interesting or not, typical banjies moving goal posts

seething. Keep moving the goal post and munching burp user.

this gives me a terrible idea
>steve is given a completely different type of moveset in which he has much fewer moves, but they can be aimed in full 360 degrees
>A move is a sword swing that can reflect fire projectiles
>B move is throwing an ender pearl, teleporting him, but doing ~3% damage to him each time

Ok then. Give me
>7 Alt. Outfits
>5 songs
>Stage
>3 victory screens
>Final Smash

I like Banjo and Banjobros and I hope Banjo gets in, I truly do, but I think Steve would be a cool addition. He's from one of the most popular games ever made, he would have such a creative moveset and would just be fun to play as. Not sure how they'd remix the Minecraft tracks though.
This is also the best choice besides from Banjo and Steve and Master Chief for a Microsoft rep.

>7 Alt. Outfits
Alex
Tuxedo steve
Scottish alex
Prison steve
Prison alex
Castaway skin
>5 songs
Shrunk
Wet hands
Subwoofer melody
Tumble
Cat
>Stage
Nether
>3 victory screens
1.Builds house
2.rains diamonds
3.trading
>Final Smash
First night,it becomes night and steve hides in his house as mobs beat up the opponents

Notice how no one made an argument, just asserted their claim back and forth like they're playing tennis. It's is so dumb that I am starting to seriously consider whether this was coordinated, it's starting to get to my head.

another idea
>instead of being part of steve's moveset, dirt/stone blocks are an item exclusive to his stage, that any character can pick up and place after breaking through the ground

Actually Steve moveset will be just a mix of link and villager. And the potential stages will be only that one with Ender dragon. Also ASMR music badly first smash battle.
Basically banjo kazooie will have more interesting stages.

If we want to talk about character with really great moveset potential, stages and stage music then... Literally Geralt just beats Steve in that.
2 swords with many sword fighting styles for each + signs means Geralt has superior moveset possibilities.
Witcher game trilogy has many great locations that can be used as smash stage.
Witcher game trilogy also has fuckton of Slavic blood pumping music to use as stage music.

Overall if we want something what will bring something fully fresh to smash then the Slavic antihero is the best choice.

Attached: geralt-thumbs-up.jpg (1024x576, 132K)

There’s no point of me arguing anything when that discord underage just told me that I was seething/coping.

>makes a stupid statement
>gets called out
>blames it on the others

Classy

Clearly they didn't. Steve is one of the most generic looking characters and has a moveset that'll be just link. WHat the fuck does minecraft have besides generic weapons?

it's called shitposting. nobody on either side is serious or actually gives a fuck about what they're talking about.

Attached: AAA MAMA MIA NIGGA!.png (300x297, 135K)

That's steve fags for you. They can't come up with any logical reason why steve is better than Banjo-Kazooie. They just resort to insults.

>unique aesthetic

It's just fucking blocks that they stuck with out of laziness, Minecraft was originally going to look way different.

sakurai probably wouldn't use Alex at all, considering she isn't iconic to minecraft in the slightest, and was just a second player afterthought for console versions. It's just going to be different colored steves.

What you are is a braindead rosterfag moron who doesn't even really play the game at all.

Completely irrelevant character, comes from a mediocre game, looks like a Disney background character, no personality at all.

Vs.

The face of one of the most known games ever, some schools encourage kids to play Minecraft, game is in almost every device available, game encourages creativity and bonding.

Yeah I wonder why no one believes Banjo has a chance.

the only reason i've seen banjroids use to why their character would be better is because he's old and has a bird but duck hunt already has both

>WHat the fuck does minecraft have besides generic weapons?
shit b8

>no personality at all
You mean Steve?

He's a blank character, of course he has no personality, it's intentional.

Banjo games relies heavily on characterization, but they do a terrible job about it, same reason tiny toons are buried deep, a product of their time.

This. Steve fags need to take their pills

>banjofags still have yet to explain how banjo's moveset would be unique
Hmmm I wonder why that could be, I thought stevechads were the ones that only resort to insults

Attached: bandanaphone.jpg (1024x846, 83K)

>Imagine wanting an ugly block of pixels over a beloved character with great history with Nintendo

The absolute state of Discord trannies

stevefag here
moveset arguments are fucking retarded and so are (you)
web.archive.org/web/20190214173251/https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/n64/196695-banjo-tooie/faqs/57005

>Looks like a Disney background character

This post is either satirical or made unironically by a zoomer and/and retard.

>insults

Of course, I give an argument and you can't stand that it is a terrible design so you start insulting like a child, a grown up man.

There's no need to explain, several fan variations exist on google. You'd have to be retarded to think their moveset would be less unique than Steve's

Attached: 55bj0ugg10n01.jpg (811x985, 128K)

>uses the bird for everything
>unique

>moveset arguments are only retarded when it doesn't benefit my bear
Typical
>banjo's moveset potential is so stale that banjies just imagine half of his generic punches and kicks just being ripped straight out of mario
no wonder you guys are so uncomfortable with this topic

>>moveset arguments are only retarded when it doesn't benefit my bear
the fuck are you talking about, it's all retarded
like the dumbasses saying steve would only be a link/robin/villager clone when there's the whole fucking creative mode inventory to pull moves from

Literally what does it have, you couldn't even do blocks without it being janky at best and fucking broken at worst. The best part of Steve would literally be everything but the character (stage, assist trophies of mobs), Steve himself is boring and generic as fuck, that's why skins have been a thing since the game was five dollars.

Steve is one of the most uninteresting characters imaginable, not saying that Minecraft itself wouldn't be reputable as a represented series, but there is nothing to Steve as a character.

It's the equivalent of having a random model Nord from Skyrim in, games where you create a character having a rep that is literally the generic base is retarded.

>But Steve + Skins!
There is only like one traditional base Steve, you know they would include fucking Yogscast skins or some shit and that's reason enough to not give him a slot.

Why is OP ALWAYS a stupid asshole? I'm not against Steve but saying Banjo wouldn't bring anything unique is dumb as fuck.

Attached: 1539186948982.jpg (223x251, 6K)

The only unique thing Banjo would bring is a Banjo but taunts are the least important part of a moveset

I agree as well
Banjo would be anti-hype as fuck to me, he's boring and his moveset would be boring as well. At least Steve would bring a very fun and unique moveset that no one else can replicate.

Attached: 1543276766254.jpg (474x456, 23K)

So what would Steve bring? After ~70 characters there isn't a whole lot left in the moveset department.

>frogposter
Good thing I didn't need to read your post to immediately realize you were retarded.

seethe furcel

>tfw likely confirmed becuase of Sakurai's rules for third parties disqualifying Banjo and Steve

Attached: rash.jpg (1200x800, 108K)

I'd be absolutely fine with this. In fact now I want it.

The truth must hurt if your reddit-tier response is the best you can come up with.

Geralt would be based, hoping for either him or Dragonborn

>Steve 100% would have a much more interesting moveset
>swing sword
>shoot bow
>throw potion
>use hield

wooooow, so fucking unique

chop chop tranny
The statistic isn't gonna increase by itself.

Attached: 1527860576902.png (738x669, 186K)

literally what

do you guys know nothing about Banjo-Kazooie? His moveset would be fucking amazing.

>multiple eggs
>breegul bash
>flying
>saucer of peril final smash
>could adapt and incorporate solo banjo/solo kazooie moves from Banjo-Tooie in the game

steve uses a pickaxe and could maybe use elytra, doubt theyd give him a pearl or tnt

Banjo-Kazooie character with a Minecraft stage is the closest steveposters are gonna get which would unironically be okay with me

creeper assist trophy would be really neat as well

>no one believes Banjo has a chance

sure, steve as a standalone character is boring, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have unique moves based off the game.
hell, you could even make a moveset entirely based on other characters first and it could still be made unique.
>same smash attacks as [some swordie], but with a different tool for each move
>forward smash swaps between sword and axe like Peach with the frying pan/golf club/tennis racket
>Wario bike but it's getting in a minecart and continually placing rails in front of the cart as it moves
>Yoshi egg + Mewtwo teleport = enderpearl
>placing a TNT block to either set off or use the Flint and Steel as a weapon like Villager with the Tree/Axe
>Splash Potions that have different effects which you select like Shulk's Monado Arts, but they're negative effects to throw at others
>crafting/enchanting move like Cloud's limit to raise your defense with armor, or raise your attack power with moves that use upgradeable tools
inb4 "these all suck" lol

>B-B-BUT STEVE!
Typical banjroid falling back on its emergency protocol. It's time you explain why berenstein bear would be unique, Stevechads are always the ones explaining why their character would be interesting

So nothing actually new, which was my point.

I'm not against Steve, I think he would be a cool addition. But to say he offers anything over Banjo is a stupid statement.

>frogposting unironically
You'll never reach the front page that way!

Attached: youcan'tmakethisshitup.jpg (746x984, 96K)

>seething frogposter
>REEEE KILL YOURSELFFFFF response
LIke fucking pottery.

Attached: ollie.png (252x334, 16K)

ohoho
Seems like I hit some nerves. Did it hit way too close to home for you?

Attached: 1521239721193.png (190x265, 26K)

Not them but fuck off. Frogposting was the worst thing to happen to Yea Forums and you're not funny.

>Alchemy, crafting, building blocks, tamed animals and friendly mobs like wolves and iron golems, enchantments
right off the top of my head and steve already has a bunch of things over banjo, better luck next time banjy

fuck off tranny

Attached: 1543981122728.png (1920x1080, 534K)

Are you ESL?

Attached: 1550975113951.gif (250x333, 1.09M)

kys you mentally ill
You will never be a woman.

>So nothing actually new
here's some shit i guess
>rudimentary redstone trap that takes a short time to set up, and anyone can set it off
>place an ender chest, items come flying out of it when opened, more damage depending on the item
>spawn egg, something weak that moves directly towards opponents like a slime or zombie
>throwing eggs/snowballs for minimal damage/knockback but can be aimed precisely

I don't even understand why you think tranny was a good comeback to what I said. Are you actually 12?

Nintendo picked the DLC charcaters not sakurai. Also look at existing rooster his "rules" are bullshit.

stay seething

Attached: 1530700851975.jpg (648x592, 128K)

Yeah, they're thematically unique, but those are all things that already functionally exist in the game with other characters.

You need a break from Yea Forums, my dude.

None of them should get in, fuck third-parties

We need more Nintendo characters

This almost feels like bait because the opinion is just so retarded. You must have rocks for brains if you think that a barely detailed blockhead would be more interesting than a Bear using a Bird as a literal combination of gun, blunt object, spear, and best friend. You know nothing of the Banjo-Kazooie games, which explains your inability to see why Banjo-Kazooie would bring far more life into Smash Brothers.

Attached: 902805.png (650x508, 287K)

Such as?

Go back to Gamefaqs, Wolfhunt. Your gimmick is noticeable from a mile away.

Attached: 1548856269624.png (500x331, 270K)

so duck hunt but the projectiles only come from the bird

Stevefags should be raped by ten thousand chimpanzees
Being Abulchad is حلال

Attached: abul.png (128x128, 32K)

Looks like you can't do a simple google search.

Attached: DnzbvGWXsAEraCT.jpg (1194x873, 135K)

post yfw this is one of steve’s alts

Attached: 7C203866-E9A5-4327-95AD-A2527888D0F9.png (402x288, 60K)

oh hey grab animations, the easiest moves to make look flashy

Ever realize that your arguments for Steve have absolutely nothing to do with him working as a fighter? All this Relevancy crap has been demolished by the inclusion of K.Rool, Simon, and Ridley. The only thing that matters is if he works, which he does not.

Porky

I would burn down Nintendo HQ.

Attached: 1432515817109.gif (500x452, 987K)

Nice falseflag retard.

>I-I-I-If I just i-imitate m-my o-o-opposition's a-argument w-w-while t-typing l-like this I w-will t-t-totally s-s-show t-t-them h-how w-w-w-wrong t-they a-a-are w-without p-p-presenting a c-c-c-c-c-c-c-counterargument! I-I'm s-s-s-s-so c-c-c-c-c-clever!

>you will never be trapped inside banjos backpack with kazooie

I'm going to fucking kill you.

The problem with Steve is that he would get in over a more wanted character, which seems to be the trend with Sakurai.
You guys want Black Mage? Here, Cloud.
You guys want Geno? Here, Piranha Plant.
You guys want Jack Frost? Here, Joker.
You guys want Dante? Here, Bayonetta.
You guys want Slime? Here, Erdrick (watch it as it happen)
Sakurai is an hack.

>thinks grab animations make up for bland movesets
cope

Projecting much?

>Black Mage
>Jack Frost
>Dante
>Slime
What the fuck the only one that actually makes a lick of sense in this list is Jack Frost.

You can implement Banjo's 3 hit swipe as a jab, He can smack people with the backpack, maybe pocket things and shoot them out. The fact that banjo can act independently shows that he can contribute just as much to the moveset as Kazooie does. Of course the whole point of them is that they are a team, meaning that Kazooie has more functions than just a projectile shooter . The Duck Hunt fallacy is just a strawman considering that never stopped Sakurai from putting in 5 millions Marths. By your logic we cant put in Charizard since Bowser can breathe fire. Guess Isabelle can't join since she's like Villager. Oh darn, looks like we gotta kick out Dark Pit. Oh Shucks, turns out Incineroar is out due to Bowsers grabbing side B. Too bad Greninja, Shiek's here, gotta ship you out.

Attached: DlRm7oXVsAEbZdO.jpg (1200x848, 129K)

Sorry, Banjo is not Steve, Banjo's moveset wouldn't be bland by any definition of the word, unlike Steve. Actual cope.

I love how you completely ignored Geno, y'know, the most wanted character after Ridley since Melee.

Wanna know who else could have Steve's meme with "building" shit?
Fortnite.

No they haven't because 99% of steveposters are in it for the epic maymays to post on reddit.

Because Geno is an obvious one that's been discussed to death and I'm pointing out the retarded ones you put on the list that are bad ideas.

He's not in because he's a nobody, a loser, a one-off character from a game that wasn't even made by Nintendo. Why would Sakurai ever spend development time on someone like Geno?

This.

see
figures you would try to weasel away from the topic at hand when you realized a faithful banjo moveset would be bland

Because the fans want him. Look at how well received K.Rool was.

>m-muh bland movesets
this matters why? Not every character has a unique gimmick exclusive to them, and even if say, Banjo, didn't have one people would still play him because it's a fucking smash character. Same goes with any schmuck they decide to add. Steve's meme with building could easily be tossed to several other characters too. You aren't safe from the chopblock either. t. neutralfag

Attached: 1534297873490.png (196x197, 34K)

>banjokes are now arguing that characters shouldn't be interesting to play in a video game
at least you didn't deny that banjo is bland

All moves from Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie, Grunty's Revenge and even Nuts n Bolts.
Mumbo and Humba's transformations
Separation pad as the down-b could bring something very unique.
Play as Banjo alone : slow and heavy with his moves from Tooie and Grunty's Revenge
Play as Kazooie alone : fast character with her moves from B-Kazooie and Tooie.
Then Banjo & Kazooie together with their moves from all games.

If you want Steve in, okay no problem. But don't act like a retard by saying something you dont know. Banjo would bring more than Steve.

I'm saying not every character in smash doesn't play uniquely. There's plenty that do the exact same thing with a different coat of paint or with some minute change.

Attached: 1521471633663.png (228x223, 67K)

The problem here is that you people have such vile contempt for him that you close your minds off to the idea that his move-set would be unique. Using your opponents logic against them to show it's stupidity is debating 101. Maybe if you fuckers weren't so close minded and so filled with hate you'd go look and see that there are tons of fan theories as to how his move-set would work. You assume too much, I know that a faithful Banjo-Kazooie moveset would be beyond epic since they all fit in the Smash world so well. Watch how game play for both Banjo kazooie and Smash Brothers works for even a few minutes and you'll see that they will work as opposed to Steve. Then again I can't expect you people to understand that.

Attached: DpcEFGSU8AAIrN2.jpg (1085x951, 136K)

You say he's bland because you just hate him and can't put in the effort to see why he works. Close-minded fuckers like you is why it's impossible to get any good discussion out. All you want is to annoy others.

Attached: Banjojo.png (500x290, 74K)

It's almost like they're rampant shitposters that have been shitting this place up ever since veggieburger opened his gay german maw. You're giving them exactly what they want by replying to them.

K.Rool is first party so it's easier to use him, he wouldn't have made it if Rare owned him.

and again we're not talking about how moveset potential affects a characters chances, we're talking about if they would be unique. you must have ocd or something because you're pretty clingy with that goal post
>s-stop trying to get me to explain why my character could be interesting j-just go look somewhere else to find my counter argument
punching and kicking is pretty standard, him doing something basic 80% of the cast does is not interesting
>y-you're just a big meanie
again not about how well he fits in smash but if he would do anything new and interesting, you guys are gonna break your backs if you keep carrying the goal post like this

I FUCKING HATE Minecraft. I've refused to play it since day one. I hate the art style. I hate how it's the biggest video game of all time. I hate all the little kids playing it. I hate the pixel art shit people build. I hate the music shit. I hate the redstone shit. I hate it all.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Steve was in Smash. It's the biggest game ever, it's on the Switch, it's easy money.

This post reeks of autism.

Le reek maymay
Le autism maymay
Very dank

Great response. Refuke my point.

GREAT SPELLING ERROOR
YOB WI IN I'M TERNET

Attached: 1530522033834.png (500x517, 81K)

The jontron bear is corny garbage

Uploading files isn't allowed for me for some reason, so imagine I posted Me Gusta.jpg

Should I remind you faggots that Steve and Banjo are owned by Microsoft?
They will never be playable.

lol

what the fuck would steve's moveset be? swing a sword like a robot over and over? wow amazing

that's just his model from the game, you dumb?

you mean like shit

correct.

nope my statement was correct and perfect in all ways

steve

would have building as a move
eye of ender as recovery / jump
ult is diamond armor and sword

idk what else

boring

what website is that?

actually it was the best thing and im hilarious :)

Thanks for the letter Hakurai

Attached: 1551263859953.png (200x200, 35K)

cope tranny

boring

too bad, he quoted you with a stutter, you lose :)

nah it'd be bland, cope more

>you can griding
what?

correct, all of those redundant characters should be removed from the game.

Whoops!

Attached: DuK-AdFW4AAsA2p.jpg (900x493, 46K)

why would banjo have ratchet and clank's moves? they're different characters

doesn't fit at all, cope more

cope

you are so weak minded

what fuck?

Sorry nigger, but Banjo and Kazooie are older than the PS2 platformers that copied the duo mechanics in 3 fucking IPs.

cool villager grab dickhead

which makes them different characters, glad you agree

>muh moveset potential
Terrible meme argument. If warranted Sakurai could make a moveset out of his left nut.

Some of the logic in this thread is making me lose brain cells.

Doesn't matter if the unique aesthetic your character is bringing looks like fucking shit

so someone wants a video game character to make an appearance in a big video game collaboration but you want a different one so you just start screaming tranny to prove that that video game character should not be in a video game

None of them will be in, Sakurai doesn't give a shit about either.

I hope banjo never gets in and gets no new games simply because banjofags are so annoying

It's engrish

Autistic

#
You are fucking retarded...
Did you know what happened with Microsoft and Nintendo recently ?
Or you're stuck in 2014 ?

Attached: IMG_20190213_135733.jpg (1004x1024, 67K)

That's his uglyass beard

Excellent choice

Ugly gay vibes bear with bloated gross toes

nah, the hair and shading is different from the actual game.

yeah but what does it mean

Sure smells like incel in here.

and you're impressed by those minor tweaks? lmao

because you walked in lmao gottem

What did he mean by this?

Based

Banjo trannies SEETHING itt

i meant that they're different characters so there's no reason to give one the other's moves. you need help reading?

> user show Banjo's high potential
> b-but that's not banjo's moveset !! Th-th...that's....... Ratchet ! Yeah ! That's Ratchet & Clank HAHA look I'm funny !

>all moves from ... nuts and bolts
didn't read the post chain or something? why take moves from a different game that doesn't feature the characters? should steve get mortal kombat fatalities?

I think it was a joke, with Nuts and Bolts.

So what's with Yea Forums's newfound hate for Banjo?