Attached: outlast 2.jpg (250x354, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Saint_Peter#Anti-Christian_imagery
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Hide and seek simulator that you can just try and blast past
these kinds of games are not fun

your opinion is like your taste both are shit, cock sucker

GOD DAMN THAT user GOT BTFO

Attached: 1522792675221.jpg (540x540, 31K)

overstays it's welcome
more monsters desn't mean shit when the gameplay remainsn "run away" except with the dwarf I guess who can snipe you
story is even more cryptic than the first game

Story is shit.

agreed.
Just running away and hiding til you can move forward is boring as fuck

>but muh atmosphere
you brainlets think the atmosphere is the point of the game when really its just used to enhance the struggle

man with t can only be good, no bad man with t allowed

I feel like a lot of replayability is gone with those scripted sequences and ...

>upside down cross is evil
Who even propagated this?

The school sections were absolutely fucking horrifying, i felt intense relief each time they were over.

Big fan of these games and the developer Red Barrel Studio, so I'll try my best here.

Outlast 2 was a game with a great concept, but very poor execution.

Role-playing a dude that slowly goes more insane as the game progresses was a great idea. The problem was how the story was fed to you. Nearly every document you can find in the game is just religious nonsense (except for one that is extremely easy to miss on a first playthrough), so it never feels like you're gaining any understanding of what's happening at all, something the first Outlast did incredibly well.

The game was also a lot more trial and error than the first game. There were chase sections where if you went on the wrong path, you would just die and the section would repeat. That's not fun gameplay at all.

Red Barrel Studio is incredibly talented, and nobody can deny Outlast 2 was a gorgeous looking game, they just need to find a good balance for Outlast 3, or whatever project comes next.

Agreed. I hated them, but they're why I kinda like it better than the first

The first ones mad science lab asylum is comfy, while being in the woods is uncomfy, then you're thrown into this ghost school and it's SUPER uncomfy.

uh

user?

>The game was also a lot more trial and error than the first game. There were chase sections where if you went on the wrong path, you would just die and the section would repeat. That's not fun gameplay at all.

Literally everyone who doesn't like this game is bad at video games I've noticed. I literally didn't have this problem

A patch fixed it

Not sure when you played the game, but on release the chase sequences were much more difficult, and they only toned it down months later.

>be in school
>be SUPER uncomfy as you say
>the solemn uncanny whistling tune is playing while I creep around lockers
>the demon shows up
>i shit myself so hard I achieve escape velacity and rocket my way to saturn where the spooks cant get me

Attached: hqdefault-1.jpg (480x360, 24K)

The meme around amnesialikes died between 1 and 2. We also had games that did that shtick a whole lot better like alien isolation which had actual gameplay.

>That part in the school where you're looking at a door and a shadow walks up behind you and you think it's him

Turned around so fast and raised up my neck like somebody was about to choke me IRL

I loved that moment.

tried replaying the first recently and god it's fucking dogshit, 2 looks somewhat better, didn't play much of it when it came out.

How badly did they nerf it? I'd love to see a video or something

stupid christians that think an upside down cross is satanic not realizing that it was st peter that wanted to be crucified upside down because he felt unworthy to jesus

>Still making the same thread, numerous times, over a year later
I don't understand you OP.

>I don't understand
op is trying to get people to play this hide and seek simulator
I hate horror games that don't have combat

Attached: ig66hku.jpg (651x624, 86K)

stupid satanists*

Outlast's "TECHNOLOGY" with seeing your body and graphics and shit, mixed with FEAR's combat would be pretty killer.

The whole upside down cross meme was started by christians that think that everything opposite of christ is satan and evil

>FEAR's combat
it would have to have super limited resources

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Saint_Peter#Anti-Christian_imagery

It is a fantastic game
the first unpatched version in particular
it is very frustrating but that is the good thing about it
the patched version toned down the pace after so much onions criticism
I am still waiting for III

Cause it's only gameplay is to literally run.

And?