How do we fix the horror genre?

How do we fix the horror genre?

Attached: 1538628805954.jpg (850x1200, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3c66w6fVqOI
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?illust_id=73235474&mode=medium
nytimes.com/2016/08/20/sports/caster-semenya-800-meters.html
youtube.com/watch?v=jh09uIN6tl0
youtube.com/watch?v=KiLFkPcfeoY
store.steampowered.com/app/448580/Dead_End_Road/
youtu.be/9lMArVYkqZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=T2-_bOosokg
youtube.com/watch?v=PRgATG6PUA0
youtube.com/watch?v=jfxTOlXF3Kk
youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg
comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31
m.youtube.com/channel/UCGaUWM5OQ7hU1JwbqvNBR4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

add more lolis

Attached: 1527004131282.jpg (2480x3508, 1.72M)

Stop making the games solely for brain dead streamer bait.

hey user

Attached: 1539706753719.jpg (1024x1732, 138K)

hi!

who bich dis is?

little girls make for the best horror

Attached: 1550745915098.jpg (933x700, 39K)

As always, the answer is waifus.

Attached: 1531731388512.jpg (727x1000, 389K)

cute post

no, you!

MORE ALIENS! MORE TENSION! MORE GOOD AI! MORE BEING HUNTED DOWN AND STALKED!

Attached: giphy.gif (636x358, 1.48M)

Truth.

Attached: Sunako-shiki-15441255-1957-2560.jpg (1957x2560, 1.16M)

what would a Tsugu vidya be like

Attached: 1538726903015.jpg (902x1447, 283K)

>waiting in shopping line with mom
>"wait here sweetie! i forgot something!"
>minutes pass
>mom still not back yet
>line getting closer to the front

Attached: symbolic really made me think.jpg (1024x783, 166K)

this isn't scary

I will tell you how if you provide me the sauce

Attached: 1549696049755.png (683x785, 117K)

Melancholic; big empty, cold spaces. As if the place you're in has been frozen in time yet ever decaying.

I feel like there are almost no games that make use of the emergency alert system. That shit spooks the fuck out of me when done well

Attached: unexpected boss fight.gif (610x862, 277K)

Fuck off, barg.

dumb nigger

Would be scarier if it was Rumia instead of the Alien. And she doesn't immediately kill you when she corners you, just rips random pieces off and eats them daintily, giving you time to fuck off. But each time seriously degrades an aspect of your gameplay ability, movement, sound, ability to use items, vision, etc.

The game is focused on surviving as long a possible in random scenarios/environments with an actual escape potentially possible but require expert tactics as well as some good RNG.

Attached: 1549657720355.jpg (780x600, 95K)

I want horror with this aesthetic.

youtube.com/watch?v=3c66w6fVqOI

Slender-type walking simulator, unfortunately.

Anime isn't scary.

FUCK YOU

Attached: illust_70900542_20181120_150249.jpg (737x800, 360K)

Make dying stressful, lots of horror games have been ruined for me after dying once.

Are you the kind of retard that thinks movies can't be scary either?

Is that Rolling stones i hear from behind the pillar?

Attached: 1524366594526.gif (590x443, 1.05M)

I want a Tsugu so bad bros

Attached: tsuger.jpg (1280x1845, 340K)

more atmospheric tension, create uncertainty with creatures sometimes being harmless but creepy, force players to approach monsters rather than the other way around, forcing them to test which monsters are all harmless. seriously lower jumpscares, but still include a small handful to keep tension high throughout.
oh and make whatever monsters you design uncanny rather than some generic fleshy zombie thing. nobody is actually scared of generic fleshy zombie things.

tsugu is NOT for sex!

Attached: sha2mo-1051323764200226816-1.png (848x1200, 574K)

Attached: __hatoba_tsugu_hatoba_tsugu_drawn_by_idou_kyoushitsu__c55d3a07832f301bff3bed09174272db.jpg (2465x2000, 1.75M)

Jesus fucking Christ man! This is a blue board!

Attached: DlMIqG8U8AEHuZl.png (1071x800, 858K)

Got me fucking good. I gasped even.

You fix it by taking the path Doki Doki literature club did.

Advertise it as a normal cutesy game, and then it slowly goes wrong and horrible as you play it.

Are there any other games like Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti where it takes horror characters and makes them cute? I love that kind of stuff. Halloween or spooky levels in platformers are usually my favorites.

Attached: 4907892000643.jpg (220x319, 48K)

True, i hope she makes a return somehow.

Attached: 6500940-5543154439-f.e.a[1].jpg (1920x1080, 290K)

Just without the warnings or user tags spoiling the surprise.

this

>tsugu
>spooky
???

Attached: confused nino.png (870x1174, 76K)

she spooks my dick if you catch my doriftu

VR will be Horror's savior. Too bad it's still not consumer ready.

This but have it so 95% of the people who play the game have it stay cutesy and the other 5% have it do unimaginable fucked up shit.

I understand why people think she's unsettling but I just find her completely relaxing. All the snuff doujins really make it hard to find her scary too. Just relaxing.

>imagining the 5% of people screaming about it online while having the other 95% talking about how wholesome it was
fucking kek

Reminds me of back in the tf2 raffles I'd do trolly shit like have 10 prizes with 11 entries so everyone but one person would get something

Attached: 1426441678925.jpg (250x240, 28K)

Force the truth onto people.
Skellingtons existʍou ʇɥƃiɹ ɹnoʎ ǝpisui ʎǝɥʇ

Attached: 89e416aa37c55c6def1561b1c49c7e15.gif (900x676, 1.23M)

Fucking cunt, you got me

Fucking retarded skeleton fix your grammar

Sorry finger movement is not what used be, need your tendons user

Attached: tumblr_msxaf06H5w1s4g193o1_500.gif (425x267, 847K)

Make ghosts into assholes

Attached: spoopy.webm (820x540, 2.41M)

Gotcha bitch

Attached: 1551553489449.jpg (897x1252, 419K)

Don't bully Kayako while she is working!

dumb loli’s going to break that fridge door if she keeps sitting on it like that

You know what comes next.

Attached: 1541160443228.jpg (1000x707, 220K)

Sure do

Attached: 085_Himura_Kiseki.png (715x1000, 520K)

i fucking poured coffee on my legs and chair
ive seen this before too which makes me more mad

The best part

Attached: 1531688807097.png (832x1014, 188K)

put in a secret envelope containing a message that takes a lot of random ass puzzle solving and walking back and forth multiple places

when you finally open the envelope, it contains screecaps of all the dumb shit you said as a teenager on internet forums, including role playing, stupid opinions, and your last post on Yea Forums

Lewd

Attached: 45589629_p0.png (1000x716, 824K)

What's monolith even working on right now?

Attached: 1551429492142.jpg (702x562, 67K)

>tfw no big titty ghost gf

Attached: 1525479619238.jpg (460x345, 23K)

I think that aesthetic is called reddit

She's going down your well?

Attached: 29056912681780.png (800x600, 3K)

gosh I wish that were me

F̵̯͛ͤ̃̎̏U̳̱͔̔̈͛̓͑C̱͊͐̃̐̈́͂̽̀̚͟Ķ̻͓͔̳̻̍́ͮ̎ͣ͛̽̚̚I̦̩ͨ̓͋͐͆͛N̼͔͎̦̘̬̗͇͋̔͆ͭ̀͟͞Ğ͎̞͓̳̞̥͚ͭ̌ͪ̒̕͞ ̯͈͍̙̤̜̖͕ͩͪͦ͆̚S̷̵̗̗̙̎ͬͮ͜H̯̻̠̭͑̐̔̌̑̍̓̀͞I͓͎̹̺̎̄͆͂̽̓T͚̹̥͎͔̩ͤ̌ͯ́͟ ̝̱̮ͫ̀ͯ͛ͧ̄̇͊͘F̷͉͙͚͖̯̄̐ͩ͛̔̓U̝̯͚̻̞̹͊͌ͫ́͊ͅC̫͇͙̪̼̮͕̬ͯ͒͊̽̂̊K̡͍͎͍̥̤̫̪̰̓̏̆ͅ ̴̡̮͇̹̭͉̯͗͊͘V̢̟̙̦͇̬̬ͪ̑̃̂̓͟I̴̟̺ͮͤ͒ͨ͋Ŕ̷͓̮̳̍͝Ģ̺̘͎̩ͫͤ͢Î̡̬̟͓͓̂͌͗̇͑̽ͨN̷̹̼͚̥ͣ̔̓̆̓̓S̴͍͓͉͓͖̠̉ͨ͊͑ͮ̾ͤ͜ͅ ̴͕͉̃ͮͨͯ̕Ş̝̹̜̟̱̚̕Ṯ͈̞̻͉̼̊̓ͩ́̿͒̀͜ͅO͖̩̥͌̋̿͒̃͋͐͑͝P̵̞̗͚̽ ̵̵̞̥̯̼̌̽ͤL̵͚̆̾́͂̇̓̌̋Ę͔̻̺̰̃̀͡W̨̦͉̻̞̐ͩ͂D̷̢̩̣̯̘͍̖̘̓̍̐͂̓̚͜I̱̩͍͔̼̥̠̣͓ͣ̇̐͊͢N̶͔̝͂̂̋̑̆̇̂̕Ģ̭͎̩͔̝̗̍̉̊̔͑͒̄͘ ̵̹͉̳̞̯̽̿̌ͨ͆M̭̦͈̜̙̜̙̤̌͂̀̿̉͛͑ͣE̳̭̦ͣͯ́ ̢̝̙̻̱͈̳͇͆ͮ̃͞A̩ͪ͒̾͗͟N̺̺̙̖̱ͩ̄̂ͪͨ͝͡D̨̙͉͇͙̙͗̽ ̧̨̗͎̙̹ͪͩJ̴̖͖͕̜͖̥̺̩ͤ̓ͯ̈ͯŰ̴̼̠̺̱ͫS͎̻̪͕̹̝ͯͯͤ͆̾̀̇͞T̷̵̬ͬ̇̎͂̓͑͞ ͎͔̖̪͖͙͖̥ͦ͜͟W̴͚̻̬͉͎ͩ̉̑͗ͮ̆̿́A̴͚͖ͫ̃̿̓͜T͖̙̝͓̔̃̑͒̋̈̔͊ͅC̡͚̻̦̰̺̮̣̫̓͛̃͋H̱̞͖͍̬͊ͭ̈́͊́͘ ̷͚̝̀̈ͨ̽T̳͍̠̱͍̋̋ͯͬ̈́̃H̶̢͙͔͍̫̹͕͇͍ͮ̿̓̇̚͜E̥͉̳͎̦ͭ̎ͣ͒̉ͣ ̧̺̣̗͍̝͇̤̍D̵͚̯͖̓̓ͨ̈́̉̆̌A̷͉̮͔͌̊̓̈ͤ̔ͮ̒͐M̙̩̺̌̐ͯ̃ͬ̂Ṋ͔͙̬̇̆́̓ ̴̡̩̪̭͓͗̒͑ͯͬ͆Ţ̧̛͔̝̬̗͕͔͆͐͋́ͬͣḀ̶̧͓̣̠͈̈ͤ̃̆̉̑̀P̴̸̤͇͕͓̗̱̻͇̓̉̋ͭ̃E̝̬͙̺̽ͦ̊͐͗̓̽͞

Attached: 251_Mizuno_Mumomo.jpg (459x480, 24K)

Sorry, VHS is obsolete nowadays.

Attached: 1528165449840.jpg (750x460, 110K)

No

Attached: 45691400_p0.png (800x616, 490K)

>Kayako
user...

Thanks doc I almost forgot my dose.

>nee nee~

Attached: 0002.jpg (1440x2076, 449K)

Already posted buddy and Tsugu is mine

Are you kidding me? DDLC was heavily advertised as horror, it even had obvious as fuck "trigger warnings".

leave it to the Japanese

Attached: 1332227970100.gif (498x328, 448K)

You guys know that Sadako canonically has a dick right

she died at the end of that doujin

Tsugus are like 3rd Impact Reis, everybody gets at least one of their own.

>leave it to the Japanese
I'd really rather not.

Attached: 184932646.jpg (2000x1356, 620K)

I wanna lick feet god damn it.

Make a scary cute game with lots of monstergirls

Attached: image0.jpg (900x654, 74K)

where the heck is mine?

she has testicles but no dick

you're not wrong but when was the last time the west made a fun horror game

inb4 >she

Whatever happened to her bros, she hasn't uploaded anything and the twitter is dead, last time I heard was they had a fundraiser for something and after it was done she just stopped.

Yes and?
She actually lacks a penis but still has testicles along with a vagina.

Attached: image.jpg (660x794, 106K)

Maybe, if Condemned was anywhere near REmake, you could make a comparison. But it is vastly inferior in almost every aspect.
Plus, you're obsessed. Japs do make better games, you just have to deal with it.

Nice cherry picking, fag.

wait
why

The fuck? That isn't the image I posted.

>player has an omniscient view
Is this a bait image?

They made those mediocre Middle-earth games. I wish Gotham City Imposters didn't die. I unironically loved that game once they fixed it.

Because Japan.

And in the second book she reconfigured her body so she can ejaculate directly into her own womb

>Is this a bait image?
How is it, when you have been unable to come up with a single counter-argument and has to resort to accusing the image of being bait?

The 3rd person/fixed camera empowers the player by showing them things they shouldn't be able to see. This is NOT a good thing in a survival horror game.

It could happen IRL. There was a sprinter that everyone accused of cheating. She tested positive for PEDs. Later they realized she had a nut inside of her body pumping her full of testosterone.

Cool

Attached: 31508901_p0.png (900x658, 482K)

Don't forget the clone army, everyone always forgets about the clone army.

Attached: 3v4v3dfvgfv.png (1000x549, 338K)

REmake (or the original RE) is fundamentally a bad game.

Unlike literally every game ever made, RE doesn't let you drop items. Combined with an extremely nonsensical inventory system, where a key takes up the same space as a shotgun, and you can only carry a handful of items, this imposes a lot of restrictions on the player. The thing is, these restrictions don't enhance the survival horror aspect, they UNDERMINE it.

To demonstrate what I mean, let's take the following gameplay scenario I experienced during my playthrough of Resident Evil:

I load the game from my last save, right next to an item box. I go to explore a part of the mansion I hadn't yet visited. After struggling past many zombie-filled hallways, taking some damage and using some of my bullets in the process, I encounter a locked desk. I remember the desk key I found earlier, but I stored it in the item box because I wanted to leave inventory space for any items I might find while exploring.

Gee, what should I do? Should I:

>A) backtrack all the way back to the item box, take the desk key, and backtrack all the way back to the locked desk, taking damage and using up limited healing herbs and ammo to kill zombies in the process, on top of the resources I already used up on the first go around?

OR

>B) simply reload from my last save, take the desk key from the item box and, now knowing the path ahead, avoid the zombies and not using any resources?

There is literally no reason not to pick B. Not only is it faster to reload than it is to backtrack all the way to the item box and then backtrack back to the locked desk, but it saves you resources.

Sure, you can save scum in almost every game, but usually it's very tedious. Not only does E Evil encourage it, but it actively REWARDS it, since it's both faster and saves you resources. The only thing the nonsensical inventory system achieves is forcing the player through a bunch of rote tedium and mindless busywork.

Attached: 1551612034579.png (446x435, 74K)

Stop basing your ENTIRE game only shoddy jumpscares and do it via atmospheric horror like REmake 2 and Darkwood

Attached: 1551803910821.jpg (1150x400, 39K)

nice

Attached: 1540941956456.png (447x665, 369K)

or
C) Don't be a retard and pick everything up

Don't bully the crows.

Attached: 1496425005131.jpg (900x773, 63K)

>Stop basing your ENTIRE game only shoddy jumpscares and do it via atmospheric horror like REmake 2

>atmosphere
>RE2, a game with clumsy and pedestrian writing, even by the standards of the genre

Attached: Resident Evil 2 Claire.webm (1272x716, 924K)

>retard mixes up writing with game atmosphere

Attached: 1495477703385.jpg (480x712, 18K)

>atmospheric horror like REmake 2

>>retard mixes up writing with game atmosphere
How are the two separated? RE2 is not Darkwood, it is a cinematic game with frequent cutscenes, many of which end up contradicting the gameplay mechanics.

REmake 2 is barely scary and the only scary parts it does have are jumpscares when you walk into Mr X

>Don't be a retard and pick everything up
Why would a first-time player who hasn't memorized the entire game not pick up key items? There are dozens of such items in RE, and you all need them to progress through the game.

And are you saying every game in existence is badly designed? Because as I said, pretty much every game ever made lets you drop items.

Hahaha How the FUCK do little girls make for good horror?
>"Oh no I'm getting horny
>Oh no Im popping the hardest boner, so scary!"
HAHAHAHAa

Grazie dottore

Darkwood is the best horror game that plebs will never give a try. Like most great indies all "muh graphics" babbies are instantly filtered out.

Attached: DarkwoodCh2.jpg (620x400, 144K)

I wish I had a ghost wife and daughter like that one webcomic.

You guys are making me want to FUCK the Ring girl.

In situations when the fixed camera lets you see behind you, you can't see in front of you. You can literally see that in the image. You have to move forward blind until the camera shifts. It's the opposite of omniscient.

Little girls are pretty scary because they can land you in jail and all just from popping that boner because you got horny and now you're getting pounded by Bubba in your cell. Pretty scary right?

can you give me a quick rundown of darkwood it looks really interesting but idk what its about

You mean you didn't already want to pump Sadako's ghost womb with your hot mortal cum?

Attached: 1593014507.jpg (640x603, 321K)

Attached: fore.webm (1280x640, 2.79M)

>that part where the guy banging his head on the table tells you he's been waiting for you
>later on, as he's breaking the door, the thumps of him bashing the door opens goes in sync with the music

Darkwood was a great experience.

Attached: 1496281251513.png (462x490, 280K)

ghost blowjob woo woo

i know what you're getting at and i agree with it partially, but most of the shit-eating masses love horror games with absolutely AWFUL graphics
all of those low budget, cookie cutter "find 7 or so items while running away from one enemy" games look like dogshit but they're always popular
and yet darkwood has great graphics, but they're 2D so everyone ignores it

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?illust_id=73235474&mode=medium

Jap horror is great though
t. horror autist

Don't let your dreams be just dreams

Attached: 49169927_p0.png (900x675, 1.32M)

>That's really cute they are playing horsey!
>Page 1/2

Why are they playing golf inside the house?

Attached: 1405064371768.gif (473x670, 1.22M)

lel

I enjoyed this doujin.

Attached: 5.jpg (1280x1900, 393K)

The mandelor video is pretty good but if you can't be fucked to watch it here goes.
Pro tip: best way to experiance it is without spoilers.

You play as some dude stuck in a supernatural forrest, you cant cut your way out because the trees grow too fast. Some dickhead stole the keys you had, these keys let you escape. You got to find him.
Main gameplay loop goes like this. During day time you go out to explore and find supplies, you don't need to sleep, eat or drink but melee weapons break fast and you need parts to repair/upgrade them. You need wood to barricade your safehouse and you need fuel to get the generator running. You must scavange for supplies while doing side quests for NPC's to find the dickhead whole stole your keys.
During night you HAVE to stay in your safe house, you better board that bitch up and build traps because monsters are on the hunt and you're their meal. Your never safe, even if you got all entrances trapped they might just break through the floor.
In the morning all is safe and a trader will visit so you can buy supplies to start the cycle all over again.

The imagery is disgusting, the enemies are creepy and the game NEVER throws dumb jumpscares at you. Everything that's loud is a danger. My recommendation is to play one a gamemode were you got lives.

Because he wants to putt it in her.

Attached: Naamloos-2.jpg (600x600, 35K)

Gosh she's so pretty.

The first two beserker encounters in Gears of War 1 were pretty scary.

This but with every video game genre.

She's very cute.

Attached: a sfw picture.jpg (671x1129, 240K)

to give a realistic reason why she was filming along with a visual cue (the club being held in the air) to let the person outside know when to open the door

god that stuff they found about this channel is fucking creepy.

Wasn't that his bride?
The best part was the talking tree. Holy fuck that crap was disgusting.
Old Woods hideout was also great because of its layout, it's impossible to block all entrances which means that the monsters WILL get inside the house.

shopping malls and stores are fucking scary when the lights go out, especially at night.

Like?

>Random dark abyss

with the amount of shit that moves in my house, I'd go fucking insane if I thought it was ghosts.

Attached: 086_Himura_Kiseki.png (715x1000, 523K)

to practice her swing, also to make you feel uneasy, also to make you focus on the back of the putt so you notice the door open.

but I don't think that was intentional.

As someone who worked in a shopping mall at night when the lights were often out, no they aren't. Wandering my own garden at night is far more tense an experience than a fucking shopping mall.

considered me sold thank you user!

Get a wide screen and let her through, than get to baby making.

its nothing crazy, its just a bunch of stuff the nips learned that was linked to real life stuff. No idea about the details. not sure why user is losing his mind over it.

I'd be perfectly fine with paizuri myself

BUT I HAVE A NEED TO SEED!

any good youtube channels with footage of malls at night? (not abandoned malls or 24 hour challenges)

I actually didn't even mean shopping mall, meant more grocery store. The power went out once when I was in one in the middle of the night. Absolutely fucking pitch black save for some really thin light coming from the front windows.

Everything silloeuted and you suddenly can hear your own footsteps and the few sounds of others. Fucking terrifying.

And its like dark dark too. like a void with zero light.

no idea buuuut you could try some security guard stuff at night. maybe they have something?

The perspective is also unique, its both top down and first person. You'll see what I mean.

Oh yeah, one last tip. Don't buy parts for weapons that you don't know how to craft yet. It'll bite you in the ass.

It's to make you consider carefully what you need to take with you every time you leave a safe room. Plan out the route to the room you want to go to and only take the bare minimum of what you need to make it there. You won't actually know if it's enough because you can't know what's in that room or how many more rooms it will lead to, but that is very much part of the fun and where a lot of the tension comes from.

If you want to ruin the game for yourself by constantly reloading saves in order to play as optimally as possible then feel free but that's really just on you being an autistic perfectionist and not being willing to accept that games are designed to make room for mistakes and it's important to allow mistakes to happen to make your playthrough more interesting. Leave the optimization for challenge / speed runs.

She is for snuff tho

bet they don't go to tumblr

thats litterally me if a ghost was haunting me.
frick I'm lonely.

That's the most pleb opinion you can possibly have. How in the world are little girls considered scary?
>oh no look how smug she his isn't it scary haha
>oh no she transforms and screams ha ha isn't it spooky ha ha
Literally screamer-tier

Attached: 1381992939176.jpg (640x480, 17K)

this but im almost 30

They're scary when you're not a jaded cunt you fucking goof.

imagine little girls but replace them with someone pretending to be a person you know, or a person that's in pain.
imagine falling for that, and then the sound of them screaming in agony as they rip your head off.

The fear is knowing that you're susceptible.

Agree
See, from what you described, the scary part isn't really the little girl, so I don't really get it. If something is going to hurt me, I'll be afraid, but I don't think little girls are scary

lmao what

>cute girl as main character

Attached: 1551475618151.jpg (1016x1142, 663K)

Embrace ghost grills.

Attached: 1538264218015.png (540x717, 201K)

>the game is bad because i'm a savescumer.

Attached: Screenshot_10.png (475x495, 206K)

I think the problem is that you've been conditioned by bad media to not see the little girl juxtaposition anymore. Now you just see little girls as monsters that aren't scary.

VR Horror where the monster can only be seen by the corners of your eyes

THICC

nytimes.com/2016/08/20/sports/caster-semenya-800-meters.html

It wasn't verified that she had a nut though. That was just rumor.

fuck off reddit

there's nothing to fix, it's fine

trash taste

by not having this same thread every day

>He is an expert on *website*
Go back to were you came from if you know the culture there so well.

Attached: bkdrw.jpg (358x300, 35K)

"fix" would imply that it ever worked in the first place

Attached: 1551451346767.jpg (521x720, 106K)

They are cute.

Attached: 1546603621360.jpg (936x854, 108K)

only time in decades I got a gigle from this

Is that little bear statue the one from splatoon?

Attached: swaggity swooty.webm (1180x620, 2.7M)

I WANNA CLAP THOSE GHOST CHEEKS

Tell us more.

Fucking burgers.
You fuck them, hotdog them and squeeze them you don't just sit there clapping

Reminder.

Attached: 1524277790697.jpg (1233x257, 152K)

>not playing bongos with buttocks

Fucking spear chuckers

Hol' up, You mean to say ou never clapped some girl's cheeks before?

Attached: image.jpg (1920x911, 269K)

Neither have you

I once glassed a girl does that count

with the frequency of this thread being made you would think that the horror genre would be fixed by now

get rid of the gl and you're on to something

retard

something about some unsolved murder cases and this channel having some information about them that was unknown to the investigators.

Does your Dad count?

More lolis!
Cuter lolis!
More cuter lolis!!

Attached: img.png (572x428, 288K)

Not if it doesn't count for me aswell no

I'm not sure op but I have an idea or two on how to improve horror vidyas. Basically a character gets chased down a hall by some big fucked there's separate Hallways but when you turn down one there's hundreds of small time baddies waiting. The character stumbles back and tries so squeak out a scream. Hearing the loud stomping coming they stumble to their feet racing to get out out. Another way is trying to actually capture a sense of true fear in games. I'd say it would be hard to do but maybe having different facil expressions for the character while traversing dark hallways and junk would be good. Make them actually scared and fearing for their life.

>ghost gondola

okay get ready
I'm gonna do it
just warming up one more bit
okay almost there
HA GAY

But how is a loli scary?

My benis gets stiff in fright

>west
Overeliance on jump scares
>jap
Overeliance on body horror
YOU CANNOT refute this

Attached: 8B737D1A-7A84-4A42-99A3-C615D8C853E6.png (633x858, 461K)

body horror > jump scares

Yeah... with fixed camera angle, you can only see what the game lets you see. Where's omniscient in that?

Loli makes wanna commit a crime and knowing that is pretty scary, wouldn't you agree?

tax fraud?

They have more power than you can imagine

Attached: This++is+mugging+your+memes+wat+do+trigger+mentionlist_c33f1b_6318696.jpg (601x960, 144K)

Eh. That's far from happening.

Not imo. I’ve been trying exposed to both so much and used to have that opinion, but now I think both are equally superficial forms of horror. They’re both on the most basal level, shocking you or making you feel disgusted. Really good horror can be very unsettling even when nothing scary is happening

numale opinion

every suggestion so far has been nonscary. fucking grown men posting lolies and trembling lmao

ooo we got an internet tough guy over here

Worse.
Jay walking.

Only problem with that idea is that I can't jack off to Rumia

>fresno nightcrawler
if you want to know how this is done I recommend you watch captain disillusion's video on it
I would actually like it for these guys to be real they seem really chill

Attached: 1539065615143.gif (540x540, 558K)

OH MY GOOOOOOD

Attached: original.gif (500x281, 1.95M)

For a start, stop making monsters so damn sexy. I'm looking at you STALKER

WHEN MOM FINDS THE POOP SOCK!!!!

>tfw phone posting saves you again

Hello

Attached: tumblr_nnds63iYwn1rlsez7o1_500.gif (480x270, 1.27M)

add waifus

Attached: me on the left.jpg (436x797, 277K)

Take out weapons and fighting. Add more running hiding and gore

Skeletons are actually scary if they're well made. The best example would be doggo skeletals in DaS.
Just make monsters that were created by a fucked up necromancer who was shit out of luck with corpses.
I mean shit nigga, sometimes you need to make yourself some servants, but all you have is 5 heads, 15 torsos and like a fuckload of right legs. At some point in your necromancy career you just GOTTA GET CREATIVE.

Kek

>tfw i can't play welcome to the game

i know most of that stuff is just memorization for the computer part but damn having to watch over so much stuff just to get jump scared if you take to long fucks me over

does she have balls?

Attached: surprised girl1.jpg (148x145, 26K)

>>jap
>Overeliance on replacing a body part with some mundane object (typically heads)

Name of channel? I love these kinds of things.

Get rid of checkpoints and saves.
True horror is in the unknown, knowing that you can reload when you die ruins the tension, whether it's a limited shooty horror or hide and seek simulator.

what is the story behind tsugu?

Attached: image.jpg (1200x848, 445K)

Attached: dc53t9s-109fac6e-6d46-4770-851a-0d91264da661.png (1000x1500, 291K)

have no music

Attached: 1545104430443.jpg (717x720, 84K)

>Take out weapons and fighting. Add more running hiding and gore

the game is now a hide and seek simulator

Attached: really.png (399x400, 120K)

Kids these days don't have the patience for that.

It was different in the good ol' days where you bought a game and it fucking lasted you

Attached: no.jpg (683x885, 38K)

Based. FUCK games and movies that try to use little girls to be scary. That shit never made sense to me either

fuck you for posting this

Attached: 1535240285000.jpg (2560x1600, 1.11M)

And not a single one has a fat dick.

Attached: image.jpg (797x927, 112K)

why does she have balls?
is that important to the story?

Do something different. Here's some ideas I had:

>scary driving game
>scary game where you're targeted by a sniper/killer

Attached: 1sbsniper1.jpg (600x315, 192K)

Well yeah.
She falls in love with a guy and the guy nopes her down a well when he finds out

The more important question is are they cute?

was she just born like that? Doesn't seem like the biggest deal breaker to me...

just stare at the same pixel and it doesn't move

The only thing I remember from reading the original is pretty fucked up, but then again I may remember things wrong.
I think they were described not as balls, but as literal outer ovaries that were where protruding outwards from the vagina, coupled with being small and twitching. I always imagined it in my mind like spider mandibles

>scary driving game
sounds interesting kind of reminds me of this video: youtube.com/watch?v=jh09uIN6tl0

>scary game where you're target by a sniper/killer
sounds like it was already done a couple times but nothing that really broke new ground (i.e friday the 13th and last year)

Wasn't she actually raped by her father figure and when he felt her up he found out and thought it was gay as fuck and then proceeded to toss her ass into the well? She did fall in love with a guy but that guy never knew about her ballsy problem.

She was born like that as far as I know and it's pretty much the reason why she gets thrown in the well the first place.

cool, can't wait to see generic indie horror game #14456 on steam soon

a thread for how to fix the horror genre and its 80% talking about anime child porn and sadakos balls. horror is dead

Battle Royale

Attached: 1551694877033.jpg (1068x735, 333K)

Don't you like sadako's balls?

So you're saying that if you saw a ghost you would try and have a fist fight with it?

If I had holy water on hand then yeah, I'd douse my fists in it and punch bitch-ass ghosts.

Attached: ghost puncher.jpg (1913x3492, 465K)

there is that horror driving game called "beware" that all the youtubers played some time ago

Different between novels and films.
In the novels she is has testicular feminization syndrome and did psychic stuff on TV and shows, she then becomes an actor, falls in love with the sound guy and then kills some people, when she runs away a doctor rapes her and then throws her in a well.
The films have the doctor as her adoptive father, it's implied that her mother had sex with a sea demon, the doctor tries to prove ESP using her, Sadako splits into 2 girls. Her mum an heros and the dad moves somewhere else, drugs the evil girl and locks her up. The good girl gets killed thanks to her twin. Some dumb shit about them merging together again then the doctor hurting them and throwing them down the well.

Pricesely that pasta that I was thinking about, user. I wonder if instead if instead of using water, you can bless your fists. Or maybe bless some brass knuckles.

I really hope local 58 doesn't get too popular.
Is that the one where you have to keep driving and demons or whatever are seen in your rear view mirror if you slow down, but if you crash you're fucked?

I really fucked up writing "precisely" haven't I

horror games are always scarier the moment you get a gun, because you know you can die due to your own fuckups.

The problem is balancing the guns strength.

youtube.com/watch?v=KiLFkPcfeoY
this is it

i would rather read this in two condensed paragraphs than a fucking five page one-line-at-a-time meme format.

ok faggot i'll bite
what is the whole deal with tsugu, the japanese youtube channel and the unsolved murder

I think in some parts of don't knock twice it happens that. Terrible game btw.

holy crap either the game is updated or thats a different game.

There's also this horror driving game that deserves a tiny bit more recognition, though the length/content it has matches the price. Wish someone would make a bigger horror driving game though

store.steampowered.com/app/448580/Dead_End_Road/

I love Monika!

that looks fucking incredible.
just needs better sound.

A game that's always night, deals with stealth and enemies are always bigger than you

Attached: Colossus-TopArt.jpg (2400x1800, 391K)

nice
his style kinda reminds me of that guy behind power drill massacre and such
just a little more simple

Soundtrack. Its literally all in the soundtrack

Movies use brainhacks that certain frequencies actually invoke a sense of uneasiness

youtu.be/9lMArVYkqZ8

Attached: downloadfile-8.jpg (130x200, 7K)

You may be thinking of Dead End Road.

>no argument

Attached: 1509366416203.gif (800x600, 287K)

And then Rasen happens and Sadako takes over the world with her army of replicas.

Isn't that what the grudge 2 implies at the end aswell?

its ok user I have trouble spelling words too also having blessed glowing fists would be awesome

I'm sure it wouldn't change anything user but its pretty based right now

I 100% agree if you have a weapon you are most likely going to be needing it and facing the abominations that stand in your way

these both look neat thanks for the suggestions

is this that movie with the hot anal rape scene?

this looks great but making it so you can't get out of the car is a major mistake, plus making the enemy a bunch of tweedledee and tweedledum that piledrive your car is fucking retarded

Attached: diane-dweller[1].png (1366x768, 357K)

alot of horror games hold your hand too much by only leaving you with 1 option
when a spooky game leaves you on your own every step becomes way more scary

USB device that physically fucks you up when you lose
I don't know, maybe an electric shock or a pinch of a needle...
Or a bracelet than brands you with a small iron.

>I 100% agree if you have a weapon you are most likely going to be needing it and facing the abominations that stand in your way

or the game just fucks with you and the gun does nothing against the main monster.

youtube.com/watch?v=T2-_bOosokg

Ye. Soundtrack is unnerving tho.

ok this would actually be really good

i love horror noise music
its cool

makes them more realistic and the game is fair.
best scary monsters have a minor weakness because it makes them seem realistic yet still threatening.

was worried you'd auto game over the moment the car hit you.

I don't remember much about the Grudge. If you're talking the American films then I definitely didn't see those. I only watched the Japanese versions which were called Ju On.

Alien isolation does this

A game where you have to coat your ammunition/weapons with your own blood/health. Saving the game also costs health.

Attached: vondaful.jpg (1024x625, 53K)

>yaourt

Attached: arch retard.png (1349x695, 13K)

immersion/player engagement is at the same time the minimum and also a big part of what makes horror games scary. that is why VR is honestly the next step for it.

Feel like that would make the game too economical instead of scary.

Faggot

SOMEONE MAKE A GOOD JHORROR GAME LIKE THE MOVIE RING AND SHIT MAYBE WHITE DAYS BUT NOT DOGSHIT JAPANESE HORROR IS THE ONLY TYPE THAT SCARES ME BUT THEY ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN REEEE

like the old resident evil games

Horrifying.

>make it good and not bad
Sounds about right desu

RE7 did this pretty well with its VR version
meeting jack face to face

>spooky scary skeletons gets faster

i always hated this but only because i felt bad for all the others in the line
fuck you mom if you want to shop some more maybe you should have been actually shopping instead of looking at stuff we dont need for 40 minutes

I honestly don't understand how women enjoy shopping so much.

Not even remotely scary, even by the furthest reaches of imagination.

More games need to have vague healthbars like Resident evil 1-3

well they just don't look scary, when they're still in a distant car it's a bit intimidating but as soon as you see them it's just dumb, both the design and their actions

plus I don't think a racing game is really capable of horror, it's too much action all the time so you end up numb to it
there's no anticipation

>tfw Terror's Realm

Attached: image.jpg (986x675, 84K)

there was nothing vague about the way those games indicated health, the only special rule was that low caution let enemies perform their instakill moves on you

If you read "TOMINO'S HELL" out loud the Japanese will make a new horror game that'll save the genre by 2020

>MAYBE WHITE DAYS BUT NOT DOGSHIT
Only natural that this game is garbage since it's Korean, thus shit by default

what about a internet horror game where your character is VR diving into ancient websites haunted by electronic ghosts and shit

Attached: 1523022268224.png (1080x1080, 750K)

Is there a horror game that takes place in broad daylight?

Attached: I'll bite your dick off.jpg (1112x1060, 77K)

The Korean Ring movie is the worst version of The Ring. Can Korea even do horror? They seem to excel at dramas.

youtube.com/watch?v=PRgATG6PUA0

so basically this?

>tfw this wasn't a horror game

youtube.com/watch?v=jfxTOlXF3Kk

>there's no anticipation
when they're getting close to you and you need to dodge their hit, theres a fair bit of it.

worlds is interesting
apprently there are still active users there

already did and waiting.
still no cute asian gf either.

I know right, I saw this and thought, holy shit this looks like it could be a pretty tense survival horror centered around hide and seek gameplay similar to Manhunt but no, it's just fucking MGS5 instead.

worlds is deepwebkino so a bit yeah
and I'm thinking they would be using a LOT of photography files in the assets, and set it close to the 22nd century for that "ancient footage" feeling

>mfw this is just as bad as the dead rising trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg

I mean you're still in action mode, it's not like you're driving along a dark american road, then stopping by an empty gas station, going in, finding nobody except some supplies, then when you go out to your car you see something moving in the back seat, just a bit

THAT's anticipation

I did that shit in my D&D cleric session. Shit was good

Nice try but I'm not a dark theme virgin

Does anyone have that strange yellow room image that was posted in horror threads a few months ago?

comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31

H-hello

Fuck you, I know what that is. You don't fool me.

whats anticipation is losing the guys following you, and stopping in a gas station, looking out the windows and trying to grab everything you can before running back to your car

In entirety? Not that I know of. But there's plenty that have sizable chunks take place in daylight, e.g. Silent Hill, FEAR, that mountain game I can't remember the name of.

you'll get her in about a year or so, good luck

what is it though

Not this time motherfucker.

Attached: 1543533820517.jpg (800x800, 126K)

>Anaki! lets go solve some mysteries

Good times await if you check.

is this the webcomic that takes control of your internet browser?

Just a simple spooky comic

to me that's stress, which is not what I'm talking about
of course it's a form of anticipation, but not the sort that gives you pause

>Continue down Unnamed Road, then, in 300 feet, turn off your headlights
holy god

Ah I see what you mean.
Personally I'm more of an implications kinda guy.

Attention whore youtube avatar-fag streamer

oh no wait this is a different one.

Take a U-Turn *animal like roar* your destination is behind you

Attached: FUCK.jpg (249x250, 6K)

that seems really dark though

No, no, it’s not dark. You’re misunderstanding me, bro

Attached: 1543236626565.jpg (705x883, 58K)

I entered this thread to be spooked and now I want to suck a ghost girl's dick.

>I entered this thread to be spooked and now I want to suck a ghost girl's dick.

keep reading and you'll get spooked

Attached: 1530459770443.jpg (1052x1488, 143K)

This is the fakest thing I've read and I've read many greentext stories from /x/.

what is the meme my friend
why the little girl and spooky thread?
whats the talk about some murder and a youtube channel?

>tfw no beksinski game

Attached: beks-tyn-mokoszow-udrapowany-nieciami-zywota-002473.jpg (507x600, 83K)

kek

they never made a fun one or a good one, the western horror game is defined by its QTEs and scripted sequences. When gimmicks prevail over game play, the game becomes about running through spooky corridors as non-threats sploosh and splash in a water puddle to spook you. Oh but it's okay because there's nothing actually there. Hey good news is in the sequel you can turn off horror entirely. Now that's what Western gaming is all about, choice.

>yaourt
ye, that's how it's called in french

Attached: 1513920682421.png (657x539, 110K)

Fear isn't a horror game, it's a mediocre corridor shooter.

I couldn't find anything involving murder with this character so what the hell is the big idea? Is it just bullshit?

Then Silent Hill isn't a horror game either, it's a mediocre beat 'em up.

might just be an excuse to post lolis
some people were talking about some youtuber in the last few threads though
wouldnt be the first time people tried to force nonsensical rumors though

Ouch man that game was so good.
Best indie horror game to date, can't believe they pulled it out with a fucking top down view!

Just a quick explanation as to why nips make better horror and games in general.

In Japan when you make a successful title, you're in the business forever. Which means that you keep making games with the same people. Nips have this weird honuribu thing about it. It doesn't actually mean they're better designers, but they actually have consistent workers, which is huge for game devs.

In the West there is kind of a similar idea, but mostly around one guy that worked on the project. The "made by the guy that produced X". West treats their workers like workers, once a veteran demands more money they're put on an expensive triple A project.
And the "guy who made X" will work with a team of nobodies that likely just got out of school.

Occasionally you'll get outliers, but even if most of the members are the same, one guy will be missing which will collapse the entire project.

Sounded kinda interesting but I guess it's just nonsense.

It's more interesting to just look it up.

no, silent hill is a horror game. Fear is an action game. This much is obvious.

I actually don't have the channel on hand and I was hoping someone would chime. In.

Both are action horror games. Or are we going to pretend that there isn't enormous amounts of combat in SH games?

I assume it's this one.
m.youtube.com/channel/UCGaUWM5OQ7hU1JwbqvNBR4w

but is she funny

Next youll say deadspace is an action game.

Yeah thank you.

You're already pretending that they are. I appreciate the role playing but I'm not interested in your fantasies. Does half-life having puzzles to break up the pacing make it a puzzle shooter?

So I actually backed Darkwood, and put a bunch of hours into an early version, and got as far as the second map in the final/latest version.

How do I get back into the mood for horror? I feel like I can only play horror games when everything else in my life is going well, otherwise it's just unappealing or just not "scary".

I think Fear is an action game with a horror theme.
It has the mechanics of a pure action game in a horror ish setting.
That guy is a faggot tho when he called fear mediocre that was a dead giveaway

what are games where you solve mysteries with a Japanese ghost girl?
besides TWEWY

Attached: 1450941728828.jpg (800x600, 99K)

Should I? Looks like a cool dude with some great taste in music.

Attached: I don't understands.png (1278x718, 1.15M)

Combat is not "just to break up the pacing" of SH. It's the major gameplay component. There's fucking boss battles in the game, for Christ's sake. Puzzles in SH are the thing that breaks up the pacing. You SH fanboys are so fucking retarded. "No, it's not just an action game, it's a deep and meaningful sophisticated psychological horror that only super smart people like me truly appreciate." No, it's an action horror game with bad combat gameplay. Deal with it.

whats the whole deal then?

I feel like I can think of a ton, but I can't think of any with nip girls.

>fear isn't mediocre
>the ai, the one saving grace of the game doesn't just do shit randomly
>it doesn't lock up and not notice you
>it doesn't get stuck on its fellow AI
>it doesn't just randomly say voice clips
>he thinks the weapons are good
>he thinks the melee is impactful
>he thinks epic slowmo was a legitimate game mechanic
>he thinks having max medkits on the highest difficulty at all times because the game is piss easy isn't mediocre
>he thinks having no real enemy variety is a good thing
play the game again and realize how boring it is

They seem legit.

Attached: Weaker NPC Coercion.webm (852x480, 2.06M)

>bad combat gameplay.
now I know you're baiting.

>lolis trick men into adopting them and raising them

I think I'll take a bullet for the team guys.

bear catching fish seems to be a popular statue in japan.

It's very comfy.

>he thinks the weapons are good
>he thinks the melee is impactful
>he thinks epic slowmo was a legitimate game mechanic
I do

No idea how you can search for it. It's mostly on nip sites.

this chart is totally not biased or anything

Attached: 1551802213705.png (425x377, 261K)

anons don't rag on each other's games post new ideas for games in those series or post good horror games that you like

>western horror - run around and pick 10 items on this random map while hiding from a monster
>japanese horror - use your with and item management skills along with your ammo conservation to survive against multitude of enemies, each of them having their own dangers and tactics.
Oh look, i can cherrypick as well

>fear is a horror game

Attached: fear isnt a horror game.webm (854x480, 1.59M)

any of them fun

I don't think it is. There's a few jumpscares and that's about it when it comes to horror. And even then they're not very scary.

>shitty security job involving, among other things, CCTV stuff for all the stores of a certain branch
>a large store gets triggered alarms, shit happens all the time, there's never actually anyone there
>usually I'd check it by cameras, but the network is lagging like a shit and can't connect, so a mobile patrol dude goes to check it out
>guy goes in, a while later I get a camera connection
>see the security guy with a flashlight
>also see a couple of dudes looting stuff on the other side of the store
Fucking scary and it was like watching a horror movie when I tried to reach the security guy through our call center while watching live footage of him in a dark store with thugs in it.

the only reason western horror games use first person view, is so that they dont have to model and animate the player character
the games are just flying camera simulators

>Horror means it needs to be scary

Ghost trick is good.
Uh I guess deadly premonition is alright.
Murder soul suspect is meh.

its certainly got horror elements and even pays tribute to some chinese urban legend

a game where you're hunted by CIA niggers

>>japanese horror - use your with and item management skills along with your ammo conservation to survive against multitude of enemies, each of them having their own dangers and tactics.

ZombiU did this game design better than any Jap game has ever done so. But it's a western game and not Jap so there's no dedicated fanbase of incel retards to defend it.

Or the fact your fov is greatly reduced and it's the most immersive point of view.

Imo.

OH GOD HERE WE GO
WE REACHED IT
HORROR DOESNT HAVE TO BE SCARY
WE ARE AT IT BOYS
HORROR IS NOT SCARY
GOD I FUCKING HATE YOU CONTRARIAN NIGGERS I BET YOU WOULD ARGUE MILK ISN'T WHITE

would probably suck though if it were one of those cold/clammy ghost that froze the air whenever near.

you would just be perpetually cold and cuddles would be off the menu.
also lets hope shes not prone to extreme emotional swings like Murderous Jealous rages that cause you to not have any friends or would often leave you trapped against your will (SEE:that shitty Monster House cartoon).

If it was more sensible like in that movie Frighteners I probably wouldnt mind having a ghost companion haunting me. First thing I would do is probably use her to cheat at high stakes poker or someshit and become filthy rich then retire.

Attached: ah shit.png (766x1071, 1.01M)

Yes it does.
Horror as in horrifying.
>shooters mean there must be shooting
>strategy means there must be strategy involved
This is how dumb you sound like.

chocolate milk isnt white
:^)

that's just the excuse
the real reason is laziness and the devs lacking skill

it's basically stereotypes from the ring and the grudge being dragged into 2005 as if they ever worked.
>ZombiU
Man what a piece of shit that was. Easily one of the games that sank the WiiU.

That's like saying fog, fixed camera angles, or prerendered backgrounds are an excuse.

>Your laying down and playing Battlefield 2167 on your Nokia Ngage 3 and just after disengaging the full-dive VR you see pic related.

Why hasn't anyone made a game about this? Why can't games capture this feeling?

Attached: 1540746918385.jpg (474x330, 28K)

based

Thx for the recommendation!

Not sure if bait but men who shop are home depot for tools and drink beer probably arnt into starwars,ketchup or Nintendo DS.

whoever made this pic is clueless and hopeless

>Yes it does.

Well then Silent Hill isn't horror because it sure as shit isn't scary. Most horror games aren't scary. Scary is really hard to do so the standard is not that it is scary, just that it's trying to be scary. FEAR is trying to be scary, ergo FEAR is horror.

those were hardware limitations
not the devs fault

Oh man the irony in this post.
Home depot are pretty female focussed. Men go to local hardware stores.
Everyone drinks beer.

You're missing the point.
They improve the game but might be perceived as limitations.

it's called fear because you instill fear in your enemies

Horror doesn't have to be scary, just horrific.

You can cry and scream all you want.

I thought it was fear because the only other emotion it gets close to is boredom

Correct Horror as in Horrifying
Gore is horrifying, not scary
Lovecraftian horror isn't scary
Body horror isn't scary, it's horrific
Most of the highest rated HORROR films of all times aren't scary, they are horrific.

Way to prove the point.

Mulțam domn doctor

That's the most retarded thing I've read today. I'm not sure where to even begin with this drivel.
>Silent Hill isn't horror
Except it is. First of all you say that someothing isn't horror because it isn't scary; five minutes earlier you said horror doesn't have to be scary, lol. And Silent Hill games are fairly scary, not that they are terrifying, but they do have dreadful atmosphere and game mechanics that make you feel vunerable. For Silent Hills, the focus what the creators wanted was to make you feel scared and they were rather successful at doing that. It is horror, retard.
>Most horror games aren't scary
>most horror games aren't horror games
What makes horror games, if not being scary?
Just because something attempts to be something it doesn't eman it is that thing. A man can try to be an athlete, but if he isn't successful, he isn't considered one, ar at the very least is considered a bad athlete. Same with games.

>Lovecraftian horror isn't scary
Fuck you the good shit is spooky.

Y'all wrong

Attached: horror.png (619x161, 13K)

You're arguing the same thing, really. It's like arguing the differences between what horror and terror means. While there is a difference, it's pretty obvious that everyone involved means "Something scary". While you might think that it isn't the case, I am not going to argue semantics and meanings of words with you when, like I said, it boils down to "Is it scary or not? How effective it is? In what ways it is scary and in what ways is it not".

it's only boring because you suck

i love u

>Everyone drinks beer.

imagine accumulated your taste buds to horse piss instead enjoying superior wine coolers.

Attached: 1550749444548.gif (300x577, 279K)

game is piss easy, even on the highest difficulty. Impossible to suck at. You're just not good at games in general.

You are just making up arbitrary rules in a desperate bid to save your retarded declarations. You are not the grand arbiter of what is and isn't horror. How about go fuck yourself instead?

I never claimed that horror doesn't have to be scary, you retard. Don't say retarded shit and then cry in the corner when your shit gets called out, faggot. Have a nice day.

git gud

I wish I would find the JAV where they gangbang her.

Attached: 1520742139983.webm (720x720, 1.72M)

What exactly is your point then? If YOU think they aren't trying hard enough then it doesn't count? Fuck off.

My point is that horror games have to be scary indeed to be horror, in opposition of whatever retarded shit you're trying to say.

Make them scary instead of just horror themed

horror games stop being scary when you realize it's just an illusion

it's like rollercoasters, I can barely enjoy those anymore

>My point is that horror games have to be scary indeed to be horror

No, you just invented some arbitrary point where it's "scary enough" to be called horror according to your standard. So I ask again, who the fuck made you grand arbiter of horror? I don't think SH is even remotely scary so by your definition it's not horror. But here's the difference between your retarded self and I, I wouldn't actually say SH is not horror just because it's not scary to me. It's clear they were trying to make horror and that's enough to classify it as horror regardless of how successful they were. Something doesn't have to be considered "good" horror in order to be classified as horror and that a fucking retarded notion because everyone has a different opinion on what is good. Now take your own retarded shit and fuck off.

Just go on Steam, check for horror section and see the reviews, did you know that Transference came out months ago?

>No, you just invented some arbitrary point where it's "scary enough" to be called horror according to your standard.
I never said that.

I just masturbated to the thought of being turned into a shota and fucked to death by a futa Sadako.
Good job Yea Forums.

Attached: 1551848974595.gif (670x720, 672K)

>Just because something attempts to be something it doesn't eman it is that thing.

Attached: 1538893058437.png (256x223, 17K)

Блaгoдapя ви лeкap

JESUS J JAMESON

True.
You missed the part with athlete comparison. I know there are many bad horror games out there. Some games shouldn't even be considered horror by how bad they are when it comes to being actually scary. Horror has to at least try to be scary and your original point is that horror doesn't even have to be scary in the first place, which is fucking retarded. It's like making a shooter game without any shooter elements and saying it "tried" so it is a shooter game.

>Come son, we must away to the comfy ambeint music /gif/ thread.
>Of course papa

normal day in Pathlogic

you can't make horror scary for anyone over the age of 10 without resorting to jumpscares which is more surprise than scare

it's not a genre that can be salvaged unless you're a woman or child or have the brain of a child

>Horror has to at least try to be scary
That is EXACTLY what I said at the start.
>and your original point is that horror doesn't even have to be scary in the first place
Yeah. Because failure to be scary doesn't mean we kick you out of the horror club. Horror is not some elite title only awarded to the best of the best, it's just a generic term for a broad genre. You horror snobs are so goddamn annoying. You don't own this genre. You don't dictate what is and isn't horror. FEAR is horror. Get over it.

user you said horror doesn't have to be scary, which is non-sensical. It's like saying strategy doesn't have to have elements of strategy.
I'm not a horro snob by any means. I never even said that FEAR isn't horror, but I did say that I think it is not very good at being a horror game. I only played it because it is a very good shooter game, but not because of it's horror elements, which, to be fair, I couldn't give a single shit about as every "scary" section in that game was boring as fuck. It's a great game, I just don't think it's goor horror. If anything, the horror is only an element of that game, not the main driving thing for it, unlike Silent Hill or whatever.

But user, I shop at home depot, drink beer, and like the Nintendo DS. Ketchup is fucking garbage though.

imagine how much you'd like shopping if it was with someone elses money

>First person horror game
>You have a revolver, but ammunition for it is extremely rare and operating the gun is as elaborate as it is in Receiver (meaning you have to do everything yourself, from freeing the cylinder to inserting each individual round)
>Shooting at threats does make them flinch and recoil, allowing a well executed escape, but you cannot kill anything, not permanently at least
>Aiming is also completely freeform, and you are even allowed to aim at yourself
>The whole gimmick of the game actually takes advantage of this
>If you get killed, it's game over, permanently
>However, if you kill yourself, you get to continue from the last checkpoint you reached
>Checkpoints are beds that you jolt awake in right after you shoot yourself
>The catch is that ammunition in the game does not respawn, even if it feels like you just went back in time or woke up from a dream when you kill yourself, meaning that there is a very real limit to how many "lives" you have

Throw in VR compatibility for good measure.

Attached: keepcalm.png (600x700, 35K)

Is that really how good a native writes 禁煙? I feel a little better about my handwriting now.

People tend to be more careful about the writing systems of languages they're not used to. Japanese are used to writing kana and kanji, hence why it appears 'messy'. Because it's written so quickly.

I can already see the headlines
>"New videogame normalizes suicide, and that's not ok"

CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK

Attached: 1549618320494.png (1063x529, 764K)