Let's have a Metro thread

Let's have a Metro thread.

Attached: 20190220194143_1.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

Shambler a best bastard a shit

Ending was kind of lackluster if I'm being quite honest. Although the first 10 hours with Ana was totally fucking worth all the bugs and the time spent pirating the game

Really? I liked both a lot. Miller's sacrifice made me cry as I was racing against fate.
Bad ending felt like a good place to wrap up the trilogy, good end made me want to play a fourth.

I like the Tikhar. Shambler is great for close quarters and humanimals, but it's too loud for my play style.

Anyone got good screenshots?

Attached: 20190303155511_1.jpg (1280x720, 629K)

You can find a suppressor for shotguns that works on it

Attached: 20190303154312_1.jpg (1280x720, 303K)

That Part was comfy, I should have realized something terrible would happen

uh, what??
where?

It's Metro, something always terrible happens.
Who here pirated, but plans to buy it and play it again once it's back on steam? To show deep silver consumers don't want to have multiple platforms installed? Just to support 4A games?

It’s on a break open shotgun but it can be used on the shambler too, I think it was in the desert map. Only attachment I never found was the fucking drum mag for the ak

Yeah, I've never found that one either.
Guess I missed a lot, I've played through it twice already though so I think I'm going to wait on DLC for a third playthrough. Gonna play 2033 and LL too, and some of their DLC.
LL had some good fucking DLC come to think of it.

If you do chapter select do you keep your guns?

Don't actually know, I started from the beginning.
I'd check for you, but I uninstalled.

Does it get better after Volga?

The final mission area is the best, desert isn’t as good, forest area is ok, the bunker is fun

shambler has a lot of cool attachments

I only found the 10 round attachment at the end of the game in that water tunnel in the last level. I wonder why they waited so long to hand out some of the attachments, by the time you get it’s completely useless

>No achievements.

So what, one playthrough on RHC and never touch it again?

Just started playing it today and i'm not really feeling it. But i only just arrived at Volga so i haven't given up on the game yet.

At some points i could hardly keep up with what the fuck is happening. I went to a church to talk to some people who seemed friendly and then suddenly i'm told to get the fuck out of there again before i even got the chance to talk to them and now they are apparently enemies.

Metro really is at it's best when it's a linear shooter.
I think if they go with open areas again they'll do better and better, but it will never match the artistry of their narrative path segments.

You should pay attention to dialogue, turn subtitles on and get off voice chat.

Ah, ok. So you went to that church to chat up the locals, on the way there Anna points out that there is someone waving a white flag from the tower.
Once you get into the church, you can hear the priest delivering his batshit preaching, and once you get to the end they lock you in for being a heretic, they plan to kill you but they're really shit at it.

Attached: Capture.png (1719x963, 3.21M)

Damn, that's good.
You got the magic hour and everything, did you wait for that timing or were you just lucky?

Attached: 20190303144458_1.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

The priest talks about heretics that will come riding a steel beast, so they all automatically hate you and everyone on the train.

I'm not feeling it much either, but for different reasons. The autosaving system is fucking bullshit, and having to constantly go back to a safehouse to save my ~15 minutes of looting is getting really fucking old. What's worse is if I die mid-transit to some dumb shit like fall damage, wading too far in the water or some sniper prawn, I then have to go back and recollect all of the junk.

And any game with only one saveslot always has that inevitable issue where it saves over something when you don't want it to or you make a mistake and can't go back. I went to go get the guitar from the bandits in the tower and heard them talking to a prisoner. I went over to the nearby safehouse to switch until night-time, and when I come back the prisoner has been executed. Since sleeping triggers an autosave, I can no longer do anything about saving the guy.

Yeah you get the belt fed upgrade there where you at least can use it, the box mag from the prologue appears in literally the second to last room of the game in an area where you are better off sneaking

I just wish it was taking place in the metro still. I wanted to free roam in the metro tunnels, not in some swamp shithole.

>game came out to be actually good
>but didn't sell well because of epic store controversy
Fuck Deep Silver

Attached: 1529284920397.gif (400x300, 2.13M)

That wouldn’t impact console sales though

it didn't sell spectacularly on consoles either because of zero marketing

YES!!! Man my fucking dream is a sandbox metro world that changes dynamically via faction conflicts that can spark up under certain circumstances. And just wander around, joining factions, doing various metro jobs like mushroom farming or relic hunting in the library. Meeting and growing bonds with characters. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Metro games have never sold well on consoles compared to PC.
M:LL:
Consoles, .6M between xbox and playstation
PC: 2-5M

I agree that the save slots suck, but technically you have two of them at all times: the quicksave and the autosave. This small difference has saved me in a few situations where something went wrong.

Attached: Metro Exodus Screenshot 2019.02.28 - 00.47.39.43.png (1600x900, 2.66M)

So how do you keep the asian guy from leaving?

No quicksaves on RHC.

Attached: MetroExodus_2019_03_04_13_49_42_891.jpg (2560x1440, 2.1M)

wouldn't that make it even worse for Exodus?

Oh, I see. That really sucks then. I guess their excuse for a single save slot is making sure you think your actions throughly and don't savescum? Or just lacking game options.

I like it, it adds tension.

Attached: 20190216030726_1.jpg (1920x1080, 374K)

God damn I love that they worked on their character models for Exodus. Anna looks so much better now, and Olga woo boy. God damn Alyosha lucked out with her.

There are three optional npcs in the caspian sea, Saul the bandit that jumps you on the roof, the hermit in a ship full of spiders, and the real baron.

Why aren't Artyom and Anna making Babies yet.
Isn`t that a responsibility for suriviors in a post-apocalypse?
There's even a guy during the tutorial pointing out that the Metros will be empty in a decade when the first generation dies off.

Anna was absolutely beautiful, even in my potato pc. It was a wonderful decision to give her and Artyom many peaceful moments together. Well, not just her, but with the whole crew. I couldn't believe just how attached I found myself to Miller in the end of the game.

Attached: Metro Exodus Screenshot 2019.02.24 - 02.17.28.38.png (1600x900, 2.37M)

Wouldn't be surprised if Artyom is sterile after wading through so much radiation.

His staying is the good option. He dies in the bad end of that chapter.
And what do you do exactly?

Attached: 1527079058715.png (2560x1440, 3.51M)

Bravo, well done!

Attached: 20190305162810_1.jpg (1280x720, 171K)

For one, they've been married for about 2 years by the end of Exodus, and two, Artyom might be sterile from multiple heavy doses of radiation.

You be nice to them (or with the baron you smack him with the butt of your kalash)

I thought he could give blood at the end of the game?

I also really enjoyed those moments but I miss her calling him rabbit. All this "my love" stuff just felt really forced and awkward.

Don't make me cry, user.

Attached: JanSured.png (554x608, 398K)

I've just read that the good path he stays and the bad path he dies. I got the one where he stays and did all the positive karma stuff i could in Caspian. Though I didn't know there was a ship full of spiders. Unless that user was talking about the bunker story mission.

Finished the game yesterday, done all the side quest in hope of getting the good ending in the first run. Also gone as stealthy as possible since i was on hardcore ranger difficulty for my first playthrought.

Worth it.

ps : Fuck these worms in the last levels. I hate the littles bitches.

Attached: Metro Exodus Screenshot 2019.03.05 - 10.01.37.35.png (1920x1080, 3.48M)

She’s been getting deep dicked by Artyom for like 2 years by now, her smugness has been replaced with luv

No he doesn't, he stays with Giul.
yeah, that's good end
I 100% agree, but I grew to accept it. Because I love her and married her.

Did anyone else think it was kinda lame that the bad ending doesn't have Ullman or Hunter in it? I mean I'm willing to assume that Hunter isn't actually dead like in the novel but I miss Ullman. The new guys are great but nothing will ever replace Ullman for me.

I got the good end but asian man still left me for some asian thot, how do you keep him?

Same!

Attached: 20190303023108_1.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

Oh, huh. I guess You just need 2/3?
Damir and Alyosha stay for thots, Duke dies.
See,

Actually, Khan is my favourite of the dead guys, so I was happy with that.
Also, Bad End Good End

Both endings are probably fine for him if he gets to pound that sweet burned-asian pussy and co-lead his people.

Was hoping she would come to the train if I saved her people and that they would develop some romance. ( in the good ending )

I'm not that much into asians, but the burn on her face + somewhat muslim background ( i have crusader festish ) make it for me.

What am I supposed to do with those npcs?

See,

Alyosha doesn't stay. He leaves with you and promises Olga he will come back. Bad end he gets shot in the back and becomes a cripple.

You mean fuck steam babies.

Khan ain't dead though. But that was a good part.

Oh, I thought you were talking about Damir? Wasn't that the context? Alyosha isn't asian.

[ You get this badass view if you manage to keep Duke and Damir with you ]

Attached: TOP1.png (1920x1080, 2.58M)

Oh, I figured he died between games because he wasn't in the game at all and not mentioned once.

Fuck off, Tencent.
tiananmen square
pic related

Attached: 20190305141513_1.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

No he isn't. That user said he also stays for a woman. I was clarifying that he doesn't. Apparently in order to get Damir to stay you have to free slaves in the Oasis mission, save them from the ship Anna tells you about and avoid killing the Tribals attack Ghiul when you first meet her.

the good ending of Last Light says Khan just disappeared with no trace, and he says in the Bad End of Exodus that he was just visiting. Leads me to believe that he isn't dead. At the very least he's some kind of Metro Grim Reaper or something now.

Does anyone have a screen cap from the end when the whole crew jumps off the Aurora to grab you? That was a pretty good moment.