Tfw wanna make an ape escape clone

>tfw wanna make an ape escape clone

would anyone play it?

Attached: 2010-10-08-332108[1].jpg (800x1122, 320K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3OIgRYfSsZA
strawpoll.me/17555377
blendernpr.org/
cgcookie.com/
zbrushworkshops.com/store/ZbFpaBY6
scott-eaton.com/digital-figure-sculpture
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If it has cute girls then sure.

i only thought of having the main character as a girl. what would the monkeys be replaced with?

cute shotas

Cute shotas

I will play any game that has monkeys as long as it is _________fun____

is it legal to upload a steam game that lets you wack shotas?

yea

No cunny no buy

i could make a bikeshort impression of one. does that count?
what would their death animations be?

other cute girls

maybe devil girls or cat girls, something really really cute.

>what would monkeys be replaced with
There's an obvious answer here

Black guys

littler girls

cute apes will be added?

Niggers?

Boys

oh that's actually bringing up a good question. should there be one type of enemy but with various changes in how they attack or should i try to have variety? i guess i could still have a monkey but it's next to cats, dogs, and other animals that end up going nuts attacking various levels. they'd all have a cute vibe to them.

the fall down in this position

Attached: 99bdc1507c2635870cb3e46f46c7c010.jpg (500x333, 21K)

cute little cats

I will not go through with backing this unless I get 100% genuine cunny.

This is turning into a fetish game pretty quick, huh?

i have nothing to reference for that i'm sorry.

virgins ruining everything with their sexual deprivations again...

lolis

wtf it's a wholesome game. it's the dark souls of hat in time-likes.

Yeah like shes capturing animals that ran from the zoo or some shit. Now you can have a bunch of cute animals running around.

ok so little girls but with animal outfits? or kemono type designs where they're part animal? like cat ears, monkey ears, dolphin ears, and so on?

Jesus Christ

we're done here

Attached: 1318279892457.jpg (304x296, 25K)

now you have peak my interest

Just play Rabi-Ribi or something. You'll get your inspiration one way or another.

Way to expose yourself trannie

>dolphin ears
Near invisible vestigial holes?

Attached: RWYmVtb.png (424x558, 387K)

the rhino could be a tomboy, and you have to chase them around with nets and bolas, and each time you catch them it puts them in a bondage animation. you can go around collecting fruits and bandaids to heal up.

did i just make a kamige?

going to have her say something or just a random sound when she gets those pick ups?

rabbits?

i'm not sure. i was thinking maybe both, like a sound effect and then some text box showing her frustration with getting hurt or being glad she got healed by the player.

sounds good. what about the look of the levels what are you thinking of going for?

"AHH, MOU!" when hurt and "Oishiiii~" when picking up a health food item.

Just give it good boss fights and I'm sold.

well there was a map thread with a lot of good posts and i took some inspiration from a few tropical spots. would be kinda hard to fit the whole zoo premise in that though.

Attached: 1551791843786.jpg (3062x2122, 1016K)

>being glad she got healed by the player
>by the player

you mean by herself right?

oh wait you gave me an idea. so the regular enemies are girls dressed as animals but the bosses could be the actual animals, best of both worlds. or is that too convoluted?

i meant more that she'd break the 4th wall there but yeah.

got a big noggin my friend. Any other pick ups besides hp?

It probably would be better backwards. Makes it sillier, cuter, and let's you have animal girls with actual personalities. Or so I think.

i was thinking weapons around secret areas doom style. stuff like a slingshot, bola, net, baton, blowgun, jetpack that lets you double jump, shoes that let you wallrun, hookshot to climb over walls and so on. you could also get vehicles like a raft and a breathing mouthpiece that scube users have to be underwater longer. that's just the start though.

What if the regular enemies are cute girls with animal features (like saiyans) bit the bosses are larger more bestial transformaions (like ozaru)

i think a combination would be better. the enemies are regular animals, the bosses are girls, but they have a second phase where they go ozaru like. would that work?

That would work.

Oot mix with ape escape kinda thing. Doesn't sound to bad if you pick the right things

Fucking love that idea, user. That could make some fun boss design.

oh yeah gloves that would help you climb without the hookshot but with a limited range, it would also increase your melee damage. the shoes also let you jump further out and run faster. knee pads that let you slide to get under enemies or hit their legs to surprise attack them.

you'd also always be able to double tap strafe directions to side step quickly.

one thing i'm struggling on is if the enemies should drop anything, but what could an animal drop that would be valuable?

I guess they could drop the food most associated with them. The one the animal itself eats, not the one made out of it.

Loli panties are pretty valuable.

genius. that's what i'll add. i guess i could split off as normals foods being points while shiny/rare ones heal you too?

But if by valuable you mean cash, it could be a reward at the end of the stage, different animals yield different prices and the more you catch, the more you earn.

I really like Yumi's design desu, I should replay it.

Attached: 7fca8b734734191b6c047b8ed9c39fc6.jpg (600x600, 79K)

ok what if i have them count as points and still have them drop food. should the food heal you? i feel like that would conflict with the bandaids sprawled on the level. maybe replenishes a stamina gauge?

Guess you could also have optional midbosses/superbosses in a few stages as a form of replayability, or giving completionists something to do. Of course, they yield absurd loot.

i really wanna replicate it but i don't wanna just flat out plagiarize. feels bad.

just make them Big Med packs that full heal you

I leave that to you, I'm just throwing suggestions and mentioning stuff I think would be neat. Anyways, I'm off to sleep.

alright what if the zookeepers are shotas?

thanks for the advice.
ok i'm gonna do it like this. bandaids that do some healing, food will recover your stamina, and syringes for half healing. full med packs that are rare will do full healing. i wasn't sure if you should be able to choose WHEN to use it or if it's just you running through it.

make the bandaids and syringe run through and med pack player activate that way med packs stay rare keeps the player wanting to hold on to it more

as long as it was cute and funny

>dolphin ears

Attached: 1512557933124s.jpg (210x195, 6K)

from what i've gathered i think it's gonna be pretty cute and funny. maybe add costumes as armor types like a swimsuit that gives you better swim ability.

SHE'S SO FUCKING HOT HHHHHHHH

Attached: 2b2812c04da4af2eb25d315df2b4e72e.jpeg.jpg (666x666, 310K)

Lads

Attached: 376501d8b1271ea5efd75bf98d986027.jpg (600x800, 71K)

A blue blowhole hat would be cute.

remember that the pant area must be very skin tight on most costumes

I love cunny escape threads

Attached: 1045866441618.jpg (1000x900, 205K)

what about the chest area?

shotacon hivemind

As much as I nut to Yumi, I actually find Ape Escape 3 to be one of my all time favorite games.

Spats are a miracle

What did they mean by this?
youtu.be/3OIgRYfSsZA

C

U

>get hired to work on game as character designer
>MC is a little girl
>Art Director literally tells to "use the girl from Ape Escape 3" for inspiration on what we need
>hands me fucking """"""""fanart""""""""
Oh well.

N

Realistically I probably won't because I'm not really interested in that type of 3d platforming gameplay, sorry.

To be fair understanding her anatomy is important

N

Y

!

The anatomy she's given in fanart should be illegal.
It drives men to sin.

based

Well it's a good thing it isn't!

Attached: 1403335400129.jpg (1200x900, 106K)

Your own made up creature like pokemon. What's wrong user, not creative enough to think of anything?

MRS OBAMA GET DOWN

Attached: 1541444056647.jpg (1200x1600, 197K)

i'm not ;_;

>shota

Attached: 1550881190613.png (446x435, 76K)

I hope Lolita Escapade is good. I need more ecchi games that are decent. At least make it better than Senran Kagura (which I hold dear desu). It would be cool if there were fun unique environments that were crazy like a toybox or a supermarket. idk just spitballing.

Also this thread reminded me of Moemon which is a pokemon rompatch that turns all of the pokemon into cute girls with pokemon features.

it's ok if it's just the zookeeper right? you won't even encounter him again after the intro. unless he's in a cage being bullied by the boss girls.

I'm not complaining but is it possible to talk about this game without treading the cute and funny waters?

Attached: 37ed39e4172df9b91df9455c346e98c5.jpg (643x1162, 83K)

Not for me, no. I want to talk about cute and funny things.

I think it wouldn't be bad to have some shota characters. Shotacons deserve happiness as much as lolicons

I mean that's why i started the thread. i wanted to get info on what would make the game fun for people. i think the bunny bag would be cool for managing inventory and also having a jetpack attached to it that shoots out carrots from its exhaust.

absolutely not

That completely depends on the quality of the game

It's not realistic so it's fine.

Attached: bback that ass up.png (952x676, 695K)

well i'm a perfectionist when it comes to models/animation. i suck at programming ai though. what are some good enemy ais in games?

Only if it's cute and funny.

Good AI is very hard.
AI that fulfils its role properly is much easier.
Look at, for example, Serious Sam. The enemy """AI""" is a retarded state machine that can barely even pathfind.
What you want to do is design your levels in such a way that a simple AI gets the job done, because the way the level is set out does most of the AI's thinking for it.

to be fair it's not like the Ape Escape games were good with AI.
I mean, most apes just ran a set path or just away from you

I think you should focus more on puzzle-like gimmicks or tools in order to capture the targets, not necessarily as much on the erratic chasing.
but, that's just my thoughts. In the end, you'll have to either make an extremely blatant "spiritual successor" (aka chinese knockoff) - or a slightly similiar game, that still has clear innovations of it's own.

Attached: 1510274640680.png (450x170, 56K)

The latter, OP. Do the latter.

god I need that mound in my mouth right now

Rather than trying to make an AI that works for every situation, make an AI that works properly for -one- specific situation, aim to put the player in that situation, and if the player decides to be a sequence breaking chucklefuck then that's on them for ruining their own experience.
Any given AI will be a fish out of water the instant it hits a player, because players fucking love to break things in creative and unexpected ways.

literally the same as trying to start a pokemon XD thread without

>XD

i see. i'll try to be creative with the levels so that the AI can flourish then. stuff like open areas would probably not work for them anyway. stuff like obstacles or treehouses with them swarming you might be neat. it'd be cool if they can run away and dodge but that might be too much.

What discussion is out there about Gale of Darkness that could provide something new?

>Playing as Kaban trying to capture other Friends

Attached: 1544055082739.gif (981x1152, 43K)

you could say the same for ape escape, people just discuss old stuff that hasn't been talked for a while

Item-based progression could work.
How are you planning to lay out the encounters? Is the game going to be linear, or can you progress through things in different orders?
Please don't do Legend of Zelda-tier retardation of Use Fire On Ice, Use Water On Fire where each new item is a gimmick and each bossfight is putting square peg into square hole.
Make it so your items give the player options on what they can do, give the boss abilities that have multiple ways around them, and keep adding abilities onto the boss so that the player has to figure out what combination of game mechanics lets them overcome ALL of the boss's abilities simultaneously.

Take it from me. Getting an AI to dodge requires either cheating (I.e. your backend finds a safe spot and you teleport the AI's hitbox to it and you bullshit up an animation to get from A to B), or your AI will ""dodge"" straight into things that hurt it and it will look like a dumbass.
To be fair, that's also what the player does in most situations, but an enemy isn't engaging to fight if it beats itself half the time.

I'll be real proud of you if you actually manage to make something
and if you actually have the patience and devotion to actually finish it, I'd even suggest making some kind of kikestarter attempt and possibly hiring help

Attached: 1509824339641.gif (174x200, 2.99M)

op are you literally me, i just started learning programming to make an ape escape clone

Bros I used to play Ape Escape when I was younger and wanna play it again. Is 3 considered the best one?

Attached: dudenice.png (540x527, 335K)

strawpoll.me/17555377

Attached: monkey trouble.jpg (738x757, 103K)

3 has cunny

>You get a bonus if you make her top quality jailbait with a minimum of 100 user generated lewd fanarts by launch. We need the degenerates to market the game after all.

3 or 1 depending on who you talk to. No one considers 2 the best.

I've only played 2 and 3, I can't remember jackshit from 2.

>How are you planning to lay out the encounters?

i was thinking either the stages would be laid out to you that you could select megaman style, or it would be linear with a plot, but i'm not good at storytelling.

and nah the enemies can be attacked with anything, it's just a matter of avoiding their attacks thaht's important, not dishing yours out, if that makes sense. it's like fighting the baron in doom, you're not concerned about what weapon you have so long as you have ammo you know?
thanks. i'm not sure how i should organize this with regards to making all the assets and what engine to use, but for now i'll do some designing of all the characters and enemies.

OP here. i had an epiphany.

so the boss fights are with little kemono girls ok? but the second phase makes them transform into large muscle girls and THEN a third phase with an ozaru form. how about that?

Oh, question.
For people new to AI programming, can they typically work out how to rig up a director / co-ordinator / backend for managing actors?
Or do they typically just have each actor work independently?
I find that having a director helps immensely for stopping my guys from all dronejamming themselves and wasting their shots on each-other but it's probably not as easy as just throwing enough finite state machines at a problem until the sheer number of them proves challenging.

I like your thinking, but:
First phase should be a beast
Second phase should be an oozaru
Third phase should be a little kemono girl.
Cute little girl is ALWAYS the desperation / berserk / superpower form.

>there are people who chose hugs

I like it

Attached: uzamaid.gif (500x283, 772K)

>kikestarter
Do you WANT him to have a 60% fail chance?

OOH, this could work.

What about mecha?

so they'd revert as they get weaker? makes sense. maybe they'd be more agile as a result too.

it's only a fail if you're a dumb ass who asks too little and promises too much

like 90% of failed kickstarters come from people who have no plans of delivering, or simply fuck up so badly that they miscalculate the costs of development, mailing and taxes

there could be an ant colony kemono girl that fuses with her comrades to form a big bug mech.

i guarantee op cant model, animate or program at all
enjoy your kickstarter

Little girls with abs

Attached: 1523074292251.jpg (1499x1514, 1.22M)

my god

Attached: 1519432148677.gif (500x273, 1011K)

Avoidance fights are good.
Make sure that the fight isn't just about seeing what the enemy does and reacting to it, but is also about controlling the fight.
For instance, if your enemy throws a land mine at you every 10 seconds, you want the player to plan for this and try to bunch up the landmines over to one side of the arena, leaving open space.
If your enemy has a dash attack that leaves behind a trail of spikes, you want the player to have to manage their positioning so that those spikes don't block off any escape routes.
If your boss fires two slow-moving sine waves at the player, the player should position so that the gaps in the waves overlap.
And of course make it so the player has to be aware of their surroundings so they don't get caught out in the open or caught in a tight area if the boss is really good at those.
You want the player to be planning ahead and trying to control how the fight will go, by making it so that a player who DOESN'T plan ahead will have a bunch of hazards or dangers stack up in ways that are chaotic and hard to avoid.

No, cute little girls are just plain stronger than Oozaru. It makes sense, because the prettier you are the more plot armor you have.

OP here. just for that i'm gonna model the main character right now !

Attached: kemono time.png (1920x1080, 320K)

This is turning into a /3/ thread boys!

i see. so it's like preemptive control of the enemy since you know they will behave in a specific way. i'm not sure how i'd have the enemies act though, since they'd be animals having weapons like that might be a bit off. i'll try to make it work though. maybe some could go bipedal and throw bombs and spit flames like a salamander.

>zbrush
if it were blender I'd be worried but you seem to know what you're doing.

Attached: 1528239061235.jpg (600x800, 98K)

Still be better than Yansim.

It works like in Digimon
Cute animal
Big animal with angry eyes
Big animal but now it's edgy and has bones and spikes and red bits
Edgy bone spike guy and now he has 20 fucking rocket launchers
Bishonen anime dude
Bishonen anime dude and he has a halo or heraldry or taoist imagery.
Bishonen religious imagery dude and now he has 20 fucking rocket launchers

Attached: greymon evolution.jpg (900x540, 58K)

Enjoy your loli while you can,soon it will he gone.

Attached: 1531687761138.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

I'm sure there's a way. Even if your enemy just likes to run at the player and do a spin attack, that'll at least tell the player HEY RETARD, DON'T GET BACKED INTO A CORNER.

Hey OP. I might be willing to help do some 3d modeling or game programming. If this thread gets deleted how can people who want to help contact you?

I wish that artist drew more feet stuff of her

Attached: db57a9995d6f6b5b9101991ad5b2d00c.jpeg.jpg (1536x2048, 373K)

i can make a dummy discord account and add you guys to it if you want.

Yumi is soo healthy

sure you do that lol

Uhhhh, you guys realize she is supposed to be like 9, right?

I know, it's a little old but what can you do.

yes, and the problem?

i'm a novice but luckily i have a book on the matter that will make things a little easier.

Attached: kemono time.jpg (798x846, 191K)

Guess I'll quietly chug away towards my Ape Escape clone too... It's be funny if Sony came in and released Ape Escape 4 this year.

Attached: glad it's over.png (500x597, 182K)

> It's be funny if Sony came in and released Ape Escape 4 this year.
You'd play as a 50 year old lesbian muslim, and all the monkeys are audio logs

so what you're saying is that you still havn't done anything after posting that first sphere in zbrush?

i think it's gonna depend on me being willing to make the animals less traditional, being able to walk around and grab items that aren't necessarily in the wild.

You could, if you're comfortable with it, also try to rig your AI up so that the enemy goes for the punish if it sees you're open.
That's where it sees what abilities it has, sees where the player can get to within a short period of time, checks if any of its abilities cover most of that area, and if so it uses them.
Much easier to do in 2d though. Not sure if it's even feasible in 3d.
>haha bro just see if shapes overlap
You have no idea how much of a C U N T it is to see what % of Polygon A is currently overlapping Polygon B.

Cunnyposting aside, I'd kill for a spiritual successor to Ape Escape

well, i flattened out the face a bit and i'm trying to figure out what kind of proportions the cheeks should have. basically wanna go for the pic i posted.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1250x774, 57K)

should I emulate this game?

He's still drawing her? That's some dedication.

don't bother. it'll be done much more easily in Dreams.

No, you'll go to jail

Do it. I remember the TV studio in particular being a bit crusty on my machine, but it emulated well overall

wtf, I hate cute and funny now

There is now a wojak edit of your dude.

Attached: wojak.jpg (1250x796, 48K)

how dare you. also is someone willing to redline these proportions.

Attached: kemono time.jpg (592x678, 26K)

Wild animals that can rape her

maybe you should forget about the game and just watch some tutorials and practice

pretty sure valve and sony won't greenlight that

Just release the raping part later as an "unofficial mod" by a "third party".

probably a good idea.

>You have no idea how much of a C U N T it is to see what % of Polygon A is currently overlapping Polygon B.

i actually recall a MEL script i have for muscle simulating stuff in maya that does this. it tells you what faces are intersecting in geometry. i should read over it sometime.

btw you meant proportions and character modeling right?

Detecting -if- two faces collide is relatively easy.
Detecting -where- they collide is much more of a pain in the arse.

ah my bad. yeah i'm not sure how that would be done. my guess is you would have to label every face with a coordinate, like with per face uv mapping. maybe ptex would help with that?

Ape Escape 3 had a lot of cool ideas but the game never really goes in depth with any of the mechanics it introduces.

Im looking for some cute and funny games, any ideas?

Attached: __sayaka_saru_getchu_drawn_by_om_nk2007__99d1b6ab7b6ace372446a1014d964c70.jpg (866x648, 70K)

>frogposter
>hates shota
I thought you reddit faggots loved sucking cock

Yes. I love the series

Here's some hot ideas I have for the series that I feel like most people would agree with.

>do the quick item swap that the jp version of Ape Escape 3 does. Instead of being locked to four items and having to slowly swap between them
>either ditch some items or give them more uses. Lot of them feel like hurr water the fire that shows up every 2 hours
>fuck most vehicle sections
>more refined movement options. I'd love the platforming to feel like Mario 64 in regard to moving around

3D user, for the love of fucking god stay off of /3/. That place is a fucking shithole for learning just about fucking anything.
Check this shit out:

>blendernpr.org/
Something to check out for rendering stuff. Not all of it is useful for game development, but you could learn some useful techniques for NPR modeling.

cgcookie.com/
Paid, but totally worth it once you know your way around your software. I'm telling you right now, you will NOT regret paying for this. If you put in the work, then you'll need this site for maybe a month tops before you can cancel your subscription until the next time you need it. There are probably torrents of the material floating around though, if you want to look for them.

Make fucking sure you know your anatomy as well. You don't need to be a doctor, but muscle groupings (as a whole) should at least be understood to a degree, this shit will help you out immensely.

Attached: Beako.jpg (1073x728, 46K)

idk man, maybe post some more cute and funny images to get the creative juices flowing

thanks fellow user. i appreciate the help.

the one guide i'm following is this one here to help grasp designing in 3d.

zbrushworkshops.com/store/ZbFpaBY6

my knowledge in proportions i should work on more but i have a scott eaton series i followed to help on that too.

scott-eaton.com/digital-figure-sculpture

although i've neglected that portion. i will jump back into it more. i'm more concerned that i won't have the real sense to get yumi's look down by following both of these, but i'll see how it goes as time passes. i'll try to make another thread sometime with results.

Easy there.

Attached: 1525694268395.jpg (334x506, 42K)

The CPU intensive is Find where line intersects plane x 2
The GPU intensive is to calculate the normals and do a dot product of the 6 x 4 matrices.
What I'd do is approximate with cubes because "roughly what % of this volume overlaps" doesn't need to be exact.

Wait 6 x 4?
Has to be 6 x 3, my bad. Made a mistake somewhere.

Attached: 2834016 - Ape_Escape Yumi n7vega.jpg (2550x2392, 1.57M)

why are spats so good bros?

>chromatic aberration

More like Crohn'satic Brapperation.

Because they hide and reveal at the same time.

Attached: 44437063_p0.jpg (1750x1500, 793K)

>prolapse
Why

Puffy balls

Snipes. The game can be called “snipe hunt”

i like the cut of your jib. i'm gonna name it that. thank you.

i let out my c_____ to c____

>32 fugs
can her body even handle that

What balls ?

Attached: This will never be you.jpg (1600x1200, 508K)

Give her some cookies and she'll be good to go again.

uh on tranny jannies are awake

Really, I don't see balls.

Attached: 6eaa5daf07f3dd9ef2326702a3d2e362.png (760x652, 359K)

wew

I will not only play I will personally fund it

BASED C* POSTER

Attached: 261095190.png (407x595, 231K)

You better listen to that guy you fucking piece of trash. He's alot wiser than (You). Why do you think Ape Escape 3 is still talked about? Good gameplay is finite, but cunny is eternal.

PROMOTIONS

You couldn't just be regular cancer with one "XD", but two of them? Fuck off back to wherever you crawled from, underage.

how much dev skill do you got

Kissable pussy lips.

what are pussies even for?

Attached: 07320573.png (353x229, 62K)

Petting.