Why are there no Battle Royale game with "arena shooter"-esque mechanics...

Why are there no Battle Royale game with "arena shooter"-esque mechanics? They're all shitty ARMA/CoD clones with slow movement and ADS out the ass. Literally the game that comes closest is Fortnite and that's a third person kid's game. Not counting CS:GO since that isn't a proper BR.

Attached: file.png (900x929, 465K)

>that isn't a proper BR
why not?

Because a map so large wouldn't work and a smaller map would put too many players on the same area which is too hardware taxing

>third person kid's game
>implying all shooters are not for kids.

Battle Royale is the absolute antitheses of arena shooter gameplay design though.

If any old style FPS got the BR treatment I think Tribes would be the most fitting. It already had equipment loadouts from the very beginning and the big maps would naturally promote skiing.

>start out with no weapons and have to pick them up in the map
>no instant respawn
>most important skill is map memorization and twitch shooting
it's the closest thing we've gotten since it was killed by cod

>clan arena
>massive open maps similar to those in Warsow CA, but much bigger
>pickups at random spawns

Shit would be cash.

Attached: 62364.jpg (339x339, 13K)

radical heights was the best BR

why didnt twisted metal creators cash in on battle royales

indiedev shitter who wants to make an arena shooter reporting in

what would you want to see in an arena shooter, and how would you feel about one more focused on dodging projectiles like a bullet hell fps, with comparatively little focus on map memorization?

>no instant respawn
Huh? Arena shooters usually have respawns every 10 seconds or less.

>have to pick up weapons
You have to collect weapons that always spawn in the same place on the map. You're not collecting randomized weapons from random places and hoping you get good shit.

>twitch shooting
TTK is much lower in most modern games than it is in Quake etc. You can survive a railgun to the face even if you have no armor. In most modern games a bullet to the brain is instant death.

What does ADS stand for?

Also, suppose you want an arena shooter battle royale clone. Here's what you do:
The same small fixed map size from many of the Quake 3 maps.
Tons more weapon pickups, i.e. roughly 25x more.
No health pickups, but damaging other players gives you health equal to half the damage you deal.
First player to 10 kills gets Quad damage.
Once 8 or fewer players are alive, players take 5 damage per second until only one is standing.

18 players

>Battle Royale
>"arena shooter"-esque mechanics
please kill yourself zoomer

Aiming down sights.

I'm almost 30

this
>no instant respawn
you couldn't be more wrong
Arena shooters are about constant fragging and pressure, immediate or regular respawns and not about walking around for 12 minutes collecting loot/items and shoot for 30 seconds with ADS

than why would you wanna play BR games?

Quake 3 used to have a team mode where you started with full health/armor and all weapons, and had to battle the other team to the last guy. No respawns. It was about slowly wearing down the other team instead of constant fragging.

Tight corridors make arena shooters, specifically Quake. If a Battle Royale happens it needs to be freeze tag in a giant building

Clan Arena. Most of the CA faggots migrated to CS, which is where they belong.

Yeah and no one played that and it never made it into esports

I've brainstormed such a game in the past, the main problem I faced was that eventually people are going to work out ways to shoot unavoidable patterns and then that'll be the absolute best thing to do, since anyone good at the game will be impossible to hit otherwise.