ITT: times Yea Forums lied to you

ITT: times Yea Forums lied to you

Attached: returns.jpg (1000x1399, 334K)

Aside from the DKC1 wanking and the waggle controls, it's great. TF is obviously way better, but DKCR is still good. Plus the controls can be remapped with homebrew or emulation so there's really no excuse.

Yea Forums told me hollow knight was good.
fuck you all. just because a game is pretty doesn't mean it's good.

returns is a great game, but the first 3 worlds are kind of shit

level design picks up significantly in the cavern, that minecart level with the moles throwing bombs at the track from the foreground is genius

Returns is my favorite game in the DKC series. Most levels, most worlds, most bosses, tons of great secrets, fluid movement, unique levels great challenge, mirror mode.

Tropical Freeze comes close, but fuck swimming levels.

Attached: DK4.gif (450x252, 1.76M)

hollow knight is an 8/10 if you like metroidvanias and a 6/10 if you don't

it's also the most shilled game on Yea Forums

Came here to post this. Such a boring game. If it came out twenty years ago it would've been long forgotten.

Beside tthe graphic loss, the 3ds version still have the waggle controls bullshit?

there is literally no better feeling than getting a shiny gold medal on every time trial in DKCR. It's my proudest vidya achievement

not only is it peak video game design, where you find out little tricks to save time based on clever enemy placement, but the steady progression in difficulty is perfectly balanced

I foolishly thought it would reverse my disdain for metroidvanias. After all, I dislike the idea that a genre can be completely irredeemable. Surely someone, somewhere can make a medroidvania that isn't dickfuck boring backtrack central, but it apparently hasn't happened yet.

No, but I think it runs at 30 fps.

The best and only metroidvania I like is Banjo Tooie

wait... what the fuck did you just say to me

It's not even that pretty, it's very same-y and looks like one of those mid-2000s deviantArt drawings, not fun and interactive like a video game should be.

Attached: 7200x2593.jpg (1600x576, 218K)

The Returns games (especially TF) are lightyears more fun to play than the SNES trilogy

Ori and the blind forest is hollow knight minus tedium and bloat

Try the Tomba series, it was made by Tokuro Fujiwara and is pretty much the best the genre has to offer. Also backtracking is kind of an essential part of the genre, it'd be like saying I want a platforming game without all the annoying jumping.

Attached: 1551225876444.png (640x480, 254K)

ive actually played tomba 2 briefly. didn't feel the need to buy and complete it though.

unironically this.

I would say it's a good game if you like both metroidvania and nice artsyle. To be honest lots of metroidvanias except for castlevania and metroid are kinda weird.

The SNES artstyle is better though

Momodora Reverie Under the Moonlight has very little backtracking unless you want to pick up optional stuff

Far as I remember there's only one instance of mandatory backtracking and it's very brief and leads to a nice new area.