How did SIX YEARS of development amount to THIS?

How did SIX YEARS of development amount to THIS?

Attached: large.gallery_52163_4_563758.png.23df6f3703e26bc051dade9093896382.png (1600x900, 2.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5LbW-LnA4RY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this is what happens when your game is led by someone with a mind deteriorated by anime garbage

Attached: The absolute state of KH3.webm (1280x720, 2.73M)

>its not a flawless masterpiece so its shit!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuck off. KH3 is easily the best non-FM. By next year itll be the best KH game easily. Sorry but you lose :)

eh i liked the game

oh god no, i liked the game, but jesus no,bbs non-fm is better than this game.

>ex gf is a kingdom hearts fag
>ranting about how she's been waiting 14 YEARS for KH3
>told her I know how she feels since I waited 17 years for RE2 and Shenmue 3
>"That's just a remake...that's not the same at all. You don't know what it's like"
>RE2 is everything I've wanted and Kingdom Hearts 3 is shit and was forgotten about in a week
>feelsgoodman

Attached: 1551118820354.jpg (990x1109, 174K)

Same way Phantom Pain ended up the way it is

The 'visionaries' behind their series completely lost any interest in putting something great out.

KH probably isn't going to be my GOTY, but it was honestly really cozy. Solid 7.5/10.

Don't know how the fuck it took so long to make though.

Final Mix will add FF15 and TWEWY worlds as well as balance out and polish late game

and hopefully fucking annihilate the disneyland rides

>SIX YEARS
I think the game was good. I just came here to say thanks for not using the tired "13 YEARS" meme.

>RE2 is everything I've wanted and Kingdom Hearts 3 is shit and was forgotten about in a week

Opposite here, RE2 was alright but too short and I won't be revisiting any time soon. KH3 was a lot of fun.

I liked it, but I'm really hoping the next "trilogy" is a lot less convoluted. I love the gameplay and visuals of KH, but I don't understand how something with disney money can be this confusing.

theyve both been forgotten yo

>KH3 is easily the best non-FM
Wrong
>By next year itll be the best KH game easily
I seriously doubt it without a complete overhaul, even if it got and FFXV tier amount of post production development it'd still only end up better than BBS FM at most.

>disney shit

Attached: muhammed laughs at you.png (605x381, 187K)

can someone redpill me on what happened im a KH fag but to lazy to play the game, what was in the box? how did it end?

>That's just a remake...that's not the same at all. You don't know what it's like
I mean she's right

We dont know, generic happy ending except Sora ""dies"" but not really

>what was in the box
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this, pretty much comfort game, not difficult at all, but i found it fun, too easy but enjoyable

Your ex probably left you because you have abysmal taste my friend.

please tell me your kidding

Attached: 1545536415633.png (645x773, 11K)

KH3 was not forgotten

>KHfag has shit taste
wow what a shocker

>Not knowing what was inside the box

Attached: 1504054930741.jpg (600x600, 36K)

so did they give a reason yet why not a single FF character shows up in this? Like the whole selling point for KH in the first place was it was a crossover between FF and Disney. Now it's just OC's and Pixar, not even real Disney or any creative modern visuals of 2d Disney movies. I would've killed for Atlantis or Treasure Planet, hell even Tron but instead we got just downgraded reenactments of song scenes from Frozen and Tangled

>what was in the box
a setup for kh 4 or whatever the fuck comes next
>how did it end
sora "loses" himself saving kairi after they fuckin fridged her, and the secret ending implies that sora losing himself is actually sora dying cuz he wakes up in the shibuya from the world ends with you, a game where everyone who wakes up in shibuya has died.

>generic happy ending except Sora ""dies"" but not really

What? This didn't happen at all.

The box contains recipes for food that isn't ice cream.

The game ended by everyone living happily ever after, except for Sora and Kairi. Everyone now has a real body. Kairi is missing/dead, Sora is going to find her, but this time he's on his own. He didn't want his bros Donald and Goofy to come with him. I assume he's going to go pick up Mushu and Pooh or the next leg of the journey.

probably, I mean she has a homunculus tattoo from FMA and when I saw it I told her that the original FMA sucked and but that Brotherhood was ok. The relationship wasn't built to last

pfft it was barely a crossover, the characters all made glorified cameos, replace the ff characters with new characters and nothing changes.

i did like sora's reaction to let it go though

What worlds will be in Kingdom Hearts 4?

I'm assuming Star Wars, Avengers, Zootopia, Coco, The Incredibles, Cars, Inside Out, Moana, and Wreck It Ralph.

what the fuck man, i like FMA more than brotherhood and i feel like im the only one in my circle who does

>replace the ff characters with new characters and nothing changes.
You can say the same about all the Disney stuff too, that's the point.

>not even real Disney or any creative modern visuals of 2d Disney movies

>You will never climb Notre Dame as Paris burns and "Hellfire" plays in the background.

How does it feel Yea Forums?

Attached: hellfire.png (793x430, 348K)

>What? This didn't happen at all.
>Kairi is missing/dead, Sora is going to find her, but this time he's on his own
So did you just black out the last minute of the ending or what?

i just finished the game and i keep reading that unchained x or chi or whatever the fuck ended up being the most important part to this game,,,how exactly?

all the epilogue does is set up a new series with the x characters

Man.
Metro - 79
Anthem - lol
Far Cry: New Dawn - lol
Kingdom Hearts 3 - 80
Ace Combat 7 - 79
Dead or Alive 6 - 74

The third parties released all their shit at the same time only to crash and burn. Only Capcom was successful with RE2 and soon DMC5. Oh, and Apex Legends. Except for Capcom, the third parties are doomed.

Yet here we are in a KH3 thread and not a RE@ thread.

Attached: Hmmm.jpg (550x532, 17K)

It's more concerned with opening up loose threads for the next game than resolving things. They can't even focus on the game they're currently working on; they start focusing on the next game before they've even finished the current one.

i disagree, theyre utilizing the characters in conjunction with the characters, hell some of the worlds follow the storyline of the disney movies or can be considered like non-canon sequels

Did you? He clearly told his bros to stay behind.

whoops meant characters in conjunction witht the worlds

Yeah, and he found her offscreen and faded away to Shibuya.

Notre Dame was in Dream Drop Distance.

Except you can remove all Disney characters from the game and the story just becomes a generic RPG with a bunch of different biomes.

i dont know about that, kingdom hearts 3 is squeenixs fastest selling game and this is one of the highest rated games in the series

Oh shit, really? Was DDD any good?

Speaking of which, why does everyone think that's leading to a TWEWU crossover? It was clearly the world in the game Rex was playing in Toy Story.

holy shit really? i may have to play that game then

Because they are purposely leaving shit out for FM.
I dont see how they can fix the gameplay though, since this engine makes things way easy

Shenmue 3 will be worse since it wont conclude the story. There is a store in my country is asking only 35 euros for the pre order, which is kind scary how low the price is

two different worlds, Riku is in the Verum Rex world, Sora is in Shibuya

>kingdom hearts 3 is squeenixs fastest selling game

L O L

Not even close.

Attached: kristinholt.jpg (800x1222, 130K)

cant answer your first but its because the shibuya in twewy has a distinct building labeled 104 based on a real building in japan thats labeled 109.

riku is the one whose in the that game from the toy story world, which i think means that any piece of fiction in the kh universe can be entered through some sort of means

>khfags think they have it bad

Attached: 1550374002233.png (3674x1200, 2.1M)

I'm sorry that the game couldn't take you back in time to the age when you played the first two, there's only so much technology is capable of.

>Oh shit, really? Was DDD any good?
I liked it personally, but combat wise it's similar to Birth by Sleep, so it depends on how you feel about that. It had things going for it, and like every other KH games, some questionable decisions. The PS4 version on the 2.8 Collection improved on some things the 3DS version had, so play that version if you ever go for it.

its also the best vanilla game in the franchise and with a fm version i has the possibility of even beating kh2fm

woops sorry, its the fastest selling kh game. by the end of its sales on ps2, kh 1 sold like 7 million

kh 3 has already shipped 5.

4 years they restarted in 2014 and finished in 2018

i have a hard time agreeing with this, the dialogue in this game drags this game waaaay down for me.

Not that user but it was my first in the series and I enjoyed it. But then again I was on autopilot for most of the story and now that I've played 1 and 2 my opinion on DDD will likely change when I replay it

Final Fantasy was in Kingdom Hearts for the sole purpose of tricking weebs into playing a Disney game and with more and more Anime OCs, they've outlived their usefulness.

i legit dont get how nobody understands this, shit thats how they suckered me into playing it, but i found it pretty fun so i stuck with it, by the end of kh 2 i just asked myself, what was the point of ff characters in this? generic npcs could have given me expo dumps

DDD is good if you accept it for what it is. It's a solid side game but dont expect it to stack up to any of the numbered entries. Flowmotion is cool as hell and I'm sad it got nerfed so hard in 3.

It sold 5 million in the first week that's pretty damn fast. Plus he said "one of" he wasnt claiming it was their fastest selling game period.

Fucking this. Fanbase is confusing quality for the age difference between 2 and 3. Figures you would have higher standards in your mid twenties than you did when you were like 12

Honestly I dont understand how people didnt get that FF was a cameo in this series and never a driving force in the plot. The original characters have to carry the series, people are acting like they removed main characters.

Except 1 and 2 still hold up to this day, so no, nostalgia is not the problem.

>people are acting like they removed main characters.
Because they did, Mickey is in the same tier of character, how would you feel if he just didn't show up again after 2?

>KH3's ending is too generic and positive!
>The KH2 ending where they all ended up on the island and no one died was much better!

Can replicas even age? So not only did Riku become a Keyblade master while Sora didn't but he has a blonde eternal loli wife?

How did he do it?

Attached: awd.jpg (683x1171, 49K)

youtu.be/5LbW-LnA4RY

tell her "I know hurt too"

1 holds up. 2 has every single flaw 3 does (Minus it being too easy). People remember the Data battles and let that color their perception of the rest of the game, which was mediocre.

Yeah they hold up because they're good games, 3 is too but people were upset it didnt feel the same as the other 2 they played as babbies

Except Mickey is an integral character to the plot? The only FF character that came close was Cloud because of how he was interwoven into the Olympus plot. The other ones just showed up for exposition and appeal. Literally nothing about the overall plot was affected by their absence.

They can age. They are real people once a heart goes inside a replica.

>no one died
>who are Namine and Roxas

This, KH2FM fixed nearly everything that was wrong with KH2 vanilla. That game was fairly easy as well until they added critical mode and data org fights.

umad?

>Except Mickey is an integral character to the plot
Really? What does he do beyond job and give exposition dumps?
>The only FF character that came close was Cloud
You mean Leon and the gang because of being tied to Hollow Bastion's backstory.

Two people who got to continue their lives as part of someone else's heart?

Approaching this series with no nostalgia I personally found 2's Final Mix to be better than 1's Final Mix and a much more fun experience overall. Like 1 was alright, definite 7/10, but 2 is one of those games where, even with the fact that it's a long game, I feel more inclined to revisit it than I do 1.
But that might also be because I had to start 1 fresh due to a save data corruption on my first run and was right at the end of the game, so

>2 has every single flaw 3 does
No it doesn't, I couldn't give two shits about muh combat autism and secret bosses and even I recognize 2 is still leagues above 3.

They gave up their whole being, they aren't actually cognizant inside Sora or Kairi. For all intents and purposes they suicided to allow their other selves to be whole.

Name a flaw in 3.

Hes a fucking core component to the lore, hes the king of the world that Donald and Goofy come from and explain why they are trained as a knight and a mage. He's actively involved in uncovering Master Xehanort's plot and the only reason Riku survived castle Oblivion in CoM. Leon and the gang being from Radiant Garden is minutia that explains their place in the KH universe, they just provide some really vague clues as to what happened to it that turned it into Hollow Bastion.

barry you've made 3 of these threads today, give it up cuck KH3 will be remembered far beyond when XV will stop crossing peoples minds.

>they aren't actually cognizant inside Sora or Kairi.
You have no evidence for this, and in fact scenes of Terra fighting inside Xehanort's heart set a direct precedent against that claim.

Poor implementation of new combat mechanics.

In what ways? The Disney world plots were utter shit that was punctuated by the revisits, the worlds were a series of empty boxes that the plot just sort of happened in. The beginning and end were plot heavy and the middle was a barren wasteland of monotony with little bits of plot when you fight Org members. Riku and Kairi job as much as they did in 3, ending was just as happy and fanservice-y as 3's. Only legit gripes about 3 compared to 2 are that it's too easy and it sequelbaits hard. Xehanort flipping back to a good guy was also bullshit but the fight leading up to that was just as Kino as the fight with Xemnas. And don't argue that it was more epic because of the spaceship battles, those were boring filler between the actual good fights with armored Xemnas/pointycoat xemnas

Reflect spell is brand-new to KH2 and trivializes many of the boss fights and other encounters.

That's been the case forever, though.

I didn't say anything about balance, I said poor implementation. There's too many new things and all of them end up half assed.

you're retarded
your circle sucks

Let me be clear though, I still love KH2 and it's a great fucking game. I'm just pointing out that it has the flaws people consistently complain about 3 having.

I keep thinking I'll come around to it but at most I feel its mediocre at best with the occasional pretty good moment. Awful writing is probably a consistent with it tho.

the treatment of side characters and their endless jobbing is easily the worst part of the game. It feels Nomura just wanted their stories out of the way for the next saga.

This absolutely what happened, Nomura painted himself into a plot corner that he had to escape before he could begin versus XIII-ifying KH

That's delightfully vague, but okay. Gating of abilities behind Drive progression was a bad idea, actively destroyed the platforming elements of the series, and deprived players of a legitimate dodge roll.

And then re-adding it in FM broke it as well as the wisdom form dash ability. They're mapped to the same button and you cant disable either one once you've learned them, and misusing one for the other can cost you a boss battle

Yes it was

The existence of this thread proves not, hating on it or otherwise

Because KH3 had what? A cameo of Cloud as a statue?
People may say there are relevant but one of the most important worlds were theirs, FF characters usually helped you on the way, the Sephiroth fight that people look forward in each numbered game.

To be fair almost every character in 3 felt underwhelming except for Sora, Donald and Goofy.
Is a case of bad direction, even by cutting the FF characters and having characters in the game that didnt had lines because "reasons" didnt managed to make some of 7 lights useful but rather jobbing hard. Then you had Riku and Mickey that wasted more than half game to save Aqua and to delivery some clothes

I meant "they are not relevant"

You're retarded or you haven't played 2FM. You can absolutely turn off either Dodge roll or wisdom dash. They are normal abilities like everything else. Most people turn on their preference and turn off the other.

Wait shit really? I thought they stayed on once you learned them, figured that when I played vanilla as a kid and never tried to turn them off

Nomura.

I'm not even sure why Square still keeps him around anymore, it's clear by now that he isn't a good game director.