Kid Icarus and StarTropics for 3/13

Getting two games a month is shit but at least it’s been nothing but the best NES games all year. I think Punch-Out!! is really all that’s missing for top tier first party games now, right? Not really getting my hopes up for 3rd parties - for instance I doubt any Mega Man games will ever appear due to the Legacy Collections.

Attached: 0E747A89-609D-41BD-A293-49415A5B5C0A.jpg (625x352, 64K)

at this rate by 2029 we will have up to meaman 4 at least...

we were promised 3 a month. Im aware of the 1 JP title not coming to america. but a lie is still a lie.

>Mega Man games will ever appear due to the Legacy Collections.
Well, we didn't get &bass in a collection so who knows?
We might finally get a translated SNES port of &bass on the switch.
Highly unlikely but man it'd be cool.

Hopefully we can finally get some more sunsoft games like Mr. Gimmick/Gimmick!. Also it makes no sense how we haven't gotten lost levels yet.

Fuck this classic game drip feed nonsense.

Realistically, when will we be getting another release like Tetris 99?

We get 2 games and then those SP versions that I bet they think still count as getting "more" games. There's not really anything that good on the service.

I'm still mad at how incredibly slow the releases of these old games has gotten over the years.

The Wii era had at least three a week, from several different consoles, including non-Nintendo consoles. The Wii U era dropped that number to such a slow trickle of about 1 a week, and it took years to get N64 games. And now here we are at three games a fucking MONTH.

This service could have been godlike if they sped up releases and had more systems like SNES and GB. People supposedly datamined SNES titles, so they don't have an excuse for not releasing them sooner.

Attached: fuck card.jpg (640x499, 74K)

It is $5, so you get what you pay. Not sure what you're expecting desu

megaman was bad example, I mean that the whole nes library is probably like 300mb, at 3 average games a month, meanwhile sony and microsoft have their own back library of games ranging from ps2 to 360/ps3 era of games.

True, but sony's is still pretty limited (thanks ps3 and your "I'm so unique" core.

Something that would be dope is if they ported old school RuneScape to switch, and made the subscription included in the Nintendo switch online membership. You'd basically get a 100$ value for 20$. OSRS already works well on phones, so I don't see how it wouldn't also work well on switch.

waiting every tuesday back in like early '07 for those virtual console updates were so painful. we would pray for the games we would hope for like earthbound and chrono trigger but nope...a shitty nes game, a shitty turbo graphix game and a genesis game. then when wii ware launched sometimes NO virtual console games.

I remember getting nintendo power every month desperately hoping for the original paper mario to come to the virtual console on the original Wii.
8 year old me was so hyped when it finally was announced to be coming

Attached: S8th6qC.jpg (854x480, 59K)

Japan isn't getting Startropics this month they're getting a completely different Japanese game. So there's literally no excuse to why we're getting only 2 games a month.

>not just hacking your Wii and playing emulators/injecting wads
>Inb4 piracy is bad
Just pay for a shitty virtual console game for the system and inject the rom. Nintendo still gets your money, and you get to play the game you want.

>Three games
We have been getting 2 games per month for the last 3 months. They can’t even keep their promises and they haven’t even improved their actual online service.

Attached: A18DF66A-08C3-4BCF-AA71-49CFFD4C30E6.jpg (119x125, 2K)

I want the Dragon Warrior games...

>Japan's getting the first FE

I should really stop procrastinating and make a japanese account on my Switch so I can get both VCs

>Nintendo keeps replacing Japanese exclusives with air.
E
P
I
C

Attached: A41685B1-FE85-4038-BFC0-53D2FD9199DE.png (450x443, 167K)

StartTropics should have representation in Smash. The music and feeling was pure kino.

>8 year old me

Attached: 1550913811995.png (1124x805, 1.27M)

Why would you use a hacked Wii instead of, say, a Raspberry Pi?

I really do not see how OSRS would work docked unless it had kb/m support (which would be neat)

>8 year old me

Attached: 1546760844550.jpg (860x646, 214K)

Do you people actually get hype for Nintendo dumping 30 year old roms two at a time each month as if they are some new game you havent already bought 4 or 5 times before and spent dozens of hours on? You know how easy it is to softmod a 3ds or hack a vita right?

I was literally just playing the first Fire Emblem on my Famicom before I heard about this.

Let me tell you, that last level is fucking bullshit if you're trying to have everyone survive. The game goes out of its way to fuck you over. It forces the characters you use least to fight against some of the strongest enemies in the level, and then locks them in a room together after a couple of turns.

I want to die.

Attached: 1536206076183.jpg (1024x958, 79K)

I get hyped wondering how Nintendo's gonna fuck us over next.

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 29K)

>get treated with this shit on a plate after they said it would be 3 games
>ANOTHER FUCKING MONTH OF 2 GAMES WHEN YOU JUST GOT A FUCK TON OF PEOPLE TO YOUR CONSOLE FOR SMASH
WHY THE FUCK IS THIS COMPANY SO FUCKING STUPID
>look at their twitter
>retards actually defending them

Attached: low.jpg (406x471, 25K)

>Yie Ar Kung Fu
>literally nothing in Japanese except that banner
What the fuck, Konami? TwinBee was okay but not this?

Is the original Fire Emblem playable without an understanding of Japanese?

Attached: 1549725002411.png (881x664, 320K)

Let it go, user.
Good men die in war.

Play Shin Monshou no Nazo: Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu instead, it's better in every way and also in English

Don’t forget
>Year worth head start/delay
>Third party online gets severely affected by paid online leading to lower player population
>Splatoon players gets screwed over hard by paying for the same online with no real benefits
>Wii and WiiU had better virtual release schedule and variety of games
>Can’t properly interact with friends

Attached: B15C1D4F-1298-4E8B-8CFF-A0398FC2D03D.jpg (125x107, 3K)

>still no SNES online yet

Attached: 1542081713579.png (288x288, 70K)

No.

I'm not asking for suggestions dumbass.
I'm asking if the NES game that's already going to be on my damn Switch is worth my time, not if I want to emulate a DS game. If I was I wouldn't have asked if I could play it in Japanese because I would already have a damn translation patch set up.

Attached: 1549164072236.png (990x990, 740K)

Thanks.

Meanwhile I'm playing all the snes library on my hacked switch

Attached: 1503437027557.jpg (974x864, 346K)

You should take my suggestion anyway, New Mystery of the Emblem is far superior. Emulate it instead, DraStic is the best DS emulator but if you want to play it on PC Desmume will do the trick

Start giving SNES games already

Why would they give things for free when nin-tenyearolds love being treated like shit?

Fuck off, I have a flashcard. You don't have to spoonfeed me emulators like an asshole.
Jesus christ, just the elitism on you has made me decide not to try to get into Fire Emblem for another few years.

Flashcards don't have translations, undubs or romhacks. You're missing out on a lot of things

Oh, another month with two games. Thanks. And also fuck Japan. At least I get to try StarTropics. But should I?

No one gives a fuck about NES games god fucking damn it. The fact that Nintendo dredges up 30 year old games and people actually feign excitement over it like OP is deeply fucking annoying to me considering how shit 2018 was for the Switch, how shit its online is, and how shit 2019 is shaping up to be. I regret buying a Switch.

hack it, it's the only way to wash away the regrets

You really just don't want me to play Fire Emblem.

I do want you to play Fire Emblem, that's why i'm providing you with the best way to do so

Very, very bluepilled.

Actually, it is somewhat playable. You'll need a guide to figure out which items you need for job promotion (and you need to promote your party members, otherwise you'll get stomped in endgame.) But other than that, it's pretty straightforward.

>Get games for free every month still complain
You can just feel the entitlement you know we could get nothing.

Paper Mario released on the Virtual Console in 2007, 12 years ago. user is 20 years old.