What the hell was his problem?

What the hell was his problem?

Attached: Adachi Persona 4.png (554x838, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r8QUIlFAqa4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he wanted to kill dojima so he could take nanako as his sex slave

Stop spoiling!

He's mad he's not getting grills

Attached: 1542308257851m.jpg (1024x576, 55K)

He was, dare I say, /ourguy/

He's playing the long game

Attached: BzFfQuQCMAAeNj9[1].jpg (480x480, 36K)

He was supposed to be the one to save her but things didn't work out

Attached: s-l1600[1].jpg (603x856, 132K)

He grew up of anime cliches and had to face reality unlike the mc

Attached: tumblr_mxbqh2jPbi1qi2jq9o2_1280[1].png (638x350, 213K)

He wasn't as good as Akechi.

He had to take a shit really really badly

No positive social interactions combined with a superiority complex and the means to people who piss him off in a largely untraceable way

Akechi was the worst thing about P5

Yeah, he was better.

>kill a thot because she didn't want you to shit on her

Nothing. He was right about everything and the spoiled teenagers kicked his ass cause they couldn't accept it.

Attached: Adachi (2).png (498x574, 449K)

>What the hell was his problem?

literately, bitches and whores.

Too many Bitches and not nearly enough time to kill them all.

Akechi and Adachi suffered the same problem: They should have been the lead antagonists. Adachi got shafted by eyeball and skeleton lady who were not interesting or built up to in the slightest. Akechi fucking died off screen and the lead villain was just YHVH the whole time. When will SMT give us a properly built up human antagonist that just stays human and exploits the paranormal shit to meet his goals?

Fucking dumb teenagers who don't know shit about the real world trying to lecture him.

dude, metaplot. it's like being mad that pokemon games always end with elite five.

>Dude it has to be the same shit every ending lmao
Zzzzzzz

angry, selfish dude with a complex who refused to come to grips with not being as special as he thought he was. thought everyone was beneath him. joined the police for no other reason to shoot people and boss people around, mad he got sent to the boonies for being a fuckup, realized he could kill people in the boonies so he started doing it

He was an incel before incels were a thing.

sounds like JRPGs aren't for you

Attached: 1438668866902.png (973x655, 497K)

Would it kill for Persona to try some variety though?

Persona 3 sold too well, so ATLUS is just sticking to the its formula. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't fucking dumb down the characters for no reason.

Probably. It is what it is. It must be a Japanese high school. There must be a calendar. It must involve pokemon catching and fusing. The final boss must be a god. If you change any of this, you have a spinoff game.

Reminder that Mystery Inc. couldn't refute a single one of his points and just resorted to calling him a loser

Also he would have gotten completely away with it if Jap laws weren't retarded regarding confessions, since there was zero physical evidence to link him to any of the murders

Literally nothing wrong the school, calendar, and fusing thing as those are core things of this series. The final boss is less core related and can be anything that fits, but Fatlus decides to go with a god again.

He knew the truth.

Attached: 3DPD.jpg (620x410, 35K)

Incel in every sense of the word.

the baffling part is that there are people who unironically believe this is a good villain.

>he would have gotten completely away with it
He turned himself in though.

Dude the metaplot is about a great game of the gods where one god (blue butterfly guy what's his name?) keeps giving the protagonist the power of the Wild Card. Just as core as anything else.

Nah. Akechi is just a whiny bitch with daddy problems.

>t. Dumbfuck normie who played one jrpg and thinks thats what are of them are like

thats what I mentioned Japans retarded confession law

>Dude it's about the metaplot
>Philemon has barely appeared in anything in the recent games

and yet that's what it is, and being mad about it is as futile and useless as being mad about the elite five.

This.
The only issue Adachi had is that his truth was relative to our world, not the one he was in. Everything he said was true EXCEPT he didn't realize he was in Persona 4 which is a topsy turvy world where teens are throwing themselves headfirst into death and stumbling onto clues for a murder case.

>the baffling part is that there are people who unironically believe this is a good villain.

He's an outstanding villain, his motivations and mind set are becoming more recognizable as time goes on and the game came out in 2008. In terms of writing you can easily trace how he became who he is by the time the game ends so I don't know what you're looking for unless you think "interesting villains" need to be involved in complicated conspiracies or plans in order to be viable

Adachi is just as mundane and simple as the rest of the day to day actions of P4 and that makes him a good villain for the game

Lonely person living in a world where you need friends to succeed

I dunno, Sho and groo got pretty far just by themselves.

>Sho went full Toy Story and had a friend in him
>Groo only got as far as he did by attaching himself to Shido and still ended up eating shit

Attached: 1441703480390.jpg (450x589, 119K)

>tfw the older I get the more I feel that Adachi is right but he just did it all wrong
It's worth mentioning that nobody ever disclaimed him during the confrontation. Just that he was a murderer and pretty pathetic.

Attached: KixKa8N.png (640x716, 443K)

>Sho went full Toy Story and had a friend in him

Attached: smug octo.jpg (445x487, 57K)

Akechi, was fucking HORRIBLY written compared to Adachi. Adachi at least fooled you till the end on most shit only fairly vague hints at shit.

Pissed me off with Akechi
>Wow this guy is a dick I bet he is a bad guy
>continue to play
>wow how the fuck that's totally Akechi doing bad shit
>Akechi joins the party
>this dude is totally going to betray me
>"Hey I'm betraying you MC"
>*whole party NANI!*
>literally just role my eyes at how obvious it was

>It's worth mentioning that nobody ever disclaimed him
You can't really argue his point though. Everything he said was objectively true. You need the magic ticket called talent if you want to get ahead.
The IT were only as good as they were because they could summon Personas. They wouldn't have hung out together and made friends with eachother if they didn't. The game would be Chie/Yukiko/Yosuke/Yu with everyone else never being part of the plot did Personas and the Midnight Channel not give the group an opportunity to unlock their powers.

>villains who are literally you

Adachi is too real for me, I had some family shit happen that was way out of my control and stupidly “had” to take a break in my last year of college to help things move on.

Next thing I knew it was almost three years later and I was still wasting away in small town USA helping my grandpa’s dead-end business while my friends had long since finished college and moved onto their careers or post-grad schooling. When my 22nd birthday came along (I started college at 16, left at 19, then about three years passed) I got a Vita and P4G at my friends recommendation.

Holy shit never has a villain spoke to me like Adachi. I seriously understood where he was coming from better than Mystery Inc. Not only that but the game’s dumbass cherry themes and hope helped get me back in my right mind, I started nursing school and graduated last year and have long since moved on with my life. All thanks to a dumbass Japanese video game.

Fuck I think tonight is the right now to start my 3rd playthrough and finally get that damn 250 Rise lines trophy, also I need to play some more DAN and get all the black medals. Please like my blog

Attached: 220F2A4E-5E3F-473A-B0E9-F0043A0CC4DB.jpg (680x680, 64K)

Nothing, he was completely redpilled about how life works.

I think the main problem of Akechi is BECAUSE of how obvious it was. I really like the way they fool and deal with him, but setting him up as the villain was poorly done and so were his motivations.

Something in translation is lost when it's brought over. Apparently we're supposed to feel bad for him that he's a bastard kid which is apparently a taboo in nip land.
Adachi works because his points and motivation translate well.

Thne Akechi even when he's not the main villain is works even better than Adachi for P5 since he is the antithesis of Joker.

>*whole party NANI!*
That's bullshit. Because the whole twist wasn't that he was the bad guy. The twist was that everybody knew the whole fucking time and they played stupid so they could fuck him over.

Not really. Adachi is the antithesis of Yu because at his core he is like Adachi, except he has all the things that he doesn't.

>I'm abandoned by my father and hate him boo hoo
>the logical course of action is to help him kill people and then threaten him with my true identity

Overall it was pretty damn weak regardless in the overall story, I mean P5's writing was pretty meh overall but Akechi's whole character was just fucking bad

To be fair Adachi was legitimately upset that Nanako was involved. He did in some degree care about her and Dojima.

>>*whole party NANI!*
whole party literally knew about it before he betrayed them

>Apparently we're supposed to feel bad for him that he's a bastard kid which is apparently a taboo in nip land.

Is that why Japan likes him so much compared to us? Always thought that his motivations for his revenge were petty as fuck compared to the crimes he committed to get it. But if being a bastard is that big of an issue with Japs, I can see why they're more forgiving.

Or is it just fujos?

Attached: Adachi.jpg (640x640, 45K)

>Or is it just fujos?
yes
it's like danganronpa where the rivals are popular even though their motives are shit
except Nagito

He took the Black pill

I think the whole "FUCK ADULTS, MAN" and the Momentos thing - despite being an interesting concept - is too on the nose and overblown.
With a bit of constructive editing, you could make P5's story much better.

Momentos in general is a weird morallity slope that is kind of fucked up if you think about it.
I remember Pat and Woolie of Post-SuperBestfriends talking about this on the Podcast they do, but they were talking about the Momentos mission you do for Futaba, which involved changing the hearts of one of Futaba's friends parents.

to put in perspective, these parents have done awful things to their child. They've made her dress odd, they've pretty much used her body to get money, and they treat her like a shitty object.
the course of action for the Phantom Thieves is NOT to turn these people in or change their hearts to turn them in. the course of action is to change their hearts so that they love their child.

This does NOT fix anything other than the problem at hand. This does NOT fix the past.
You are NOT turning these people good, you are objectively making them DIFFERENT people, which is not what happened with Kamoshida and the like, they just got them to confess.
That girl still lives with those parents.

The nip VA of Akechi also pander to fujo by saying 'he did nothing wrong thou'. So I guess his redemption will be coming soon.

It was disgusting how obvious they made it.

>Scenes with characters talking about how evil they are
>Akechi shooting snarky asshole comments behind characters backs
>In the context of a kid telling a STORY for half the game

Now if they had you know had a twist where Yabba Dabba Doo was feeding you information to make you stronger or something and Sae picks up on how fucking odd it is that a kid knows stuff that's happening in a closed room across town. But no it's just applying logic from a 3rd person narrative into a 2nd person perspective. Mary Shelly must be rolling in her grave.

Literal incels.

incel has lost all meaning

Also to add onto this, the Japanese understanding of forgiveness is fucking weird.

In fiction - because I don't know much examples of this in their history - apparently a villian can commit mass genocide, and as long as you connect with them on why they did it, or as long as they genuinely apologize, they just happen to be forgiven, or are seen as forgiven.
don't mind that mass of bodies he's apologizing on, or the baby in his mouth he was chewing as he said it; he's spoken for now, and he should go to jail now or he's off the hook now because he said he was sorry and because you feel bad for him.

I don't get it. I don't fucking get it.

>P3's SLinks
>tell me your feelings, I'll help you through it
>P4's SLinks
>tell me your feelings and you'll just feel better
>P5's Confidants
>brainwashing is the only solution
I suppose that's why SLinks are called something different this time around.

>I have no idea why Akechi is better than Adachi so I'll just call you an incel

Proving my point.

Well we're not actually brainwashing the confidants. We're just brainwashing the problems they have away.

Unless it's rape, then kill him on sight.

Akechi is nothing. Look up Sasuke and Vegeta.

>Sasuke
HA
HA HA
FUCK

Attached: 238.jpg (680x730, 142K)

Vegeta at least didn't want to be forgiven and knew he was going to hell

My issue with P5's story was it felt like it constantly had cool ideas, but never followed through with payoff or:
>oh mementos is where lots of societies problems manifest
No real reward aside from a precentage meter I figured out didn't matter early on, some minor unlocks for areas that do nothing that a book on the train or Movie at home can't do, only other good thing is breaking leveling for castles
>every non party Social link feels like there was way more to it but just falls apart outside maybe the doctor
>We need to end the night early each night because if you were able to do something that night you would break S stat leveling too
>btw futaba's mom had all this info, but don't look for it!
>hawaii is literally pointless
>level of escalation rises way to quickly after the 2nd mission or so
>you need maxed out Social link to do this for crummy item that is useless by the time you max that stat!

The ironing is Adachi is the definition of an Incel (Golden shows he's a shut in but blames women for not throwing themselves at him when he has the social skills of a fish)

Goro is just a whiny baby.

>Sasuke
OROCHI-FUCKING-MARU

Still surviving up until now

Bugs aren't people.

>gets revived for no reason after his villain arc is over for years
>no one puts him in jail after the whole series

blame heaven thinking he was good and reviving him when even he didn't expect it

Nothing, Adachi was absolutely in the right.
Also JYB's performance was god-tier and one of the few saving graces of the English voice acting

I knew something was really wrong with P5's character designs and shit when the random classmate dude guessed who the Phatom thieves were way too fucking early out of the blue.

How the absolute fuck did he put that together, and why was there no option to completely kill that social link by constantly denying it

It's like everyone knew that it's impossible to kill him permanently because he somehow can bullshit his way into possessing someone and resurrect himself, so they just gave up and leave him be as long as he won't try to stir up shit again.

>one of the few saving graces of the English voice acting
Really? I thought the English VA for P4G was fucking perfect. I loved it. Probably one of my favorite dubs in anything.

Like I said, shit writing. It's not the first time that they bring back the popular deceased characters because of fanservice

>Apparently we're supposed to feel bad for him that he's a bastard kid which is apparently a taboo in nip land.
I mean to a certain extent, but not in the way that it absolves him of everything he does. It's just another nail in the overarching theme of "society can turn people bad." But every time one of the bosses pulled the "it's not my fault!" card, the PTs shoot them down, rightfully so, because even if society is shitty, it doesn't excuse you for giving in and being shitty yourself. This happens with Goro too; at no point does anyone actually forgive him of anything, the most they do is pragmatically ask him to join them to take down Shido, but they mostly just lament that society produces people like Goro.

Akechi was worse in every way possible.

Isn't there no way to "save" akechi from death or some shit?

Cunts wouldn't fuck a nice guy™ like him.

This. I want a "redemption arc" in that I want him to rejoin the party temporarily to get shit done in a rerelease, and then have him shipped off to be punished like he needs to be.
It would allow for an additional party member that's already been programmed for endgame, please Akechifags, and please those that rightfully want him punished.

No and there shouldn't be because it wouldn't make sense from any standpoint.

Yeah sure, alright. but again I stand by the thought that P5 needs some more creative editing to make everything a bit more clear and concise. I don't think that point was made immediately clear or at least not clear enough.

>t. Incel

>All of P4 plot would have been prevented if he had some bitches and whores

Attached: 4ada36aa43a7fc0112e246b9c2cace1b_1_0.png (731x424, 259K)

I'd rather be a incel like Adachi then a fucking loser like Akechi.

If anything it was repeatedly beaten into your head throughout literally every boss fight, every Mementos boss, and the aftermath of Goro's boss fight. Every single conflict with a boss goes: PTs beat them up->boss complains that society made them this way->PTs tell them that's not an excuse and they need to atone->boss admits defeat and fucks off. The same mentality is with Goro.

based

I'm fond of P3 and 4's dubs because I grew up with them but looking at them objectively they're seriously flawed even by low budget Atlus dub standards. The side characters can be pretty bad and the overall direction is really stiff.
There are some really standout performances that manage to break through though, like JYB's Adachi, Dan Woren's Igor, and Liam O'Brien's Akihiko. Plus Laura Bailey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rie Kugimiya >>> Ashly Burch

I guess. I think myself a fairly objective individual. I understood Kamoshida, Madarame, Shido, and the rest of them, but when the start of Groo saying why he did it, I Just couldn't care much for it. I didn't really care. He was a piece of shit and he did a fuck ton of retarded shit just to get daddy to look at him and in the end he got got anyways.
When he was about to be gunned down, the Phantom thieves were saying "Oh no!" I was confused. I was confused why the game wanted me to suddenly care for him and his life when he got everything that was coming to him.

I don't understand what kind of person Groo is. While it was in P4G and not P4, I liked that we got an Adachi Social Link because it helped me understand what kind of person he was. While they were petty and so was he; his motivations and reasons made sense from first glance.

Laura Bailey as Rise is perfect. I love her so much. She was fucking adorable and nailed it.
Also I don't know why, but I listen to everyone's voice and just think "Yeah this person was perfect for this role".
I legitimately associate Yuri Lowenthal's voice as Yosuke and not as Yuri because I think it fits too well.

Attached: 2017-05-02 01_13_08-(C86) [Hapoi-Dokoro (Okazaki Takeshi)] Rise Sexualis 2 (Persona 4) [English] [La (600x525, 264K)

Lowenthal is legitimately outstanding when he's being directed to fucking act instead of just being "Yuri Lowenthal as Yuri Lowenthal"

Yeah but he's literally just doing his normal voice but just acting as someone else.

I'm fairly partial to Troy Baker's Kanji.
Then again Pre-AAA Troy Baker was fucking good all the way around. He's apparently reprised his role as Vincent in Full Body so that's cool. I remember him saying that he wasn't contacted by Bamco to be Yuri in Vesperia for the new parts but would have said yes if he was.

Who has the best voice in P5?

then this happened
youtube.com/watch?v=r8QUIlFAqa4

Cherami Leigh's Makoto is really good. Then again I also just love Charemi Leigh's voice.
At the time I was also playing Nier: Automata and she voices A2.

>Prince of Persia
>Spider-Man (2018)
>"Solo Wing" Pixy
Lowenthal can be pretty kino when given a great role. I'm not as big on his "annoying teenager" roles but I mostly enjoy his take on Yosuke.

In Japanese? Shuichi Ikeda, not even a question. Guy's a fucking legend for a reason.
In English? I didn't play much of the dub desu but Jamieson Price and DC Douglas are always great.

Unironically Joker himself.

DELETE THIS
God I wish Laura wasn't so big now. I hope she reprises that roll one day.

Who did Douglas voice?
also you're totally fucking right. Jaimeson Price is amazing.
Also can we talk about how good Dojima's English VA is? I fucking love him.

>DC Douglas

You mean the guy who recorded himself sitting in a female's bathroom while people shat in the stalls beside him?

Kamoshida

He was right in a world that is wrong.

Ah. What else is he known for? Name sounds familiar.

>the phantom thieves are essentially brainwashing people to be who they want to be
>originally they said they probably shouldn't go overboard
>end up changing a fuck ton of hearts, despite how much better they made lives
I wish they focused on this a bit more and had a a moment of "Oh fuck what are we doing this might be bad in the long run"

Attached: 1493697436866.png (464x431, 237K)

The p5 mod where you play as adachi is some top tier shit boys.

Him being an Incel it's what make him a great villain, just imagine if P4 was released on this year

If he were American he would have shot up a school already

Albert Wesker Resident Evil
Gunther in FE Fates

Yeah sure fujo

Attached: persona 5 slaughtered you.png (800x587, 631K)

COMPLETE

Attached: Albert_Wesker.jpg (722x722, 59K)

>Wesker
FUCK no wonder the name sounds familiar! It's fucking Wesker!

Good for you user.

Attached: 1497294713098.jpg (379x379, 34K)

This

Attached: IMG_5635.png (512x512, 124K)

>retard didn't understand the twist
>retard missed the SECOND twist, that akechi """died""" off screen
>retard rolls his eyes, sitting alone in his dark room

He was dangerously based and redpilled

>Adachi at least fooled you till the end
Nigger you can't seriously believe this can you?

What were the vague hints with Adachi?

Yuri for me will always be the lottery dude for new vegas

>Twist

That everyone knew? Yeah they knew that but not that he had a second stronger Persona that he used to make people go crazy so in the end he's still a speshul snowflake who they end up underestimating before the boss battle.

>Takes entire game to figure out that the reason police never found the culprit was because the culprit was involved with the police
>Takes extra ending to address that weird guy only showing up on rainy days who definitely wasn't supernatural or anything
>Japan in charge of storytelling

Attached: a530eda4c31a9e99cb34e9d8fe87a540_16094.jpg (1024x768, 43K)

To be fair it was sunny the first time she met (Yu)

Adachi's one of us
BITCHES AND WHORES

Attached: perofella.jpg (377x537, 97K)

Delete this image please

Filthy disgusting Groojo back to your containment board.

>there are people that don’t have the 250 line.
How? I got that on my first run.

Sauce on that doujin? Can't seem to find anything on it.

Ryuji is by far the best cast character, I can't imagine him with any other voice

this is why Akechi is such a major disappointment to me, I wanted him to be a 100% unironic lawfag. Give him that moment that the SMT series has where you may very well end up killing your comrade over an idealogical disagreement if you don't handle things correctly.

Why did people only talk abou Adachi this and Akechi that? What about gun wielding Jesus?

>killing your comrade
I completely agree, kid.

Attached: dagda-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse-8.17.jpg (210x240, 20K)

>PeroFella
That's pretty creative.

Attached: 1505885017944.gif (250x250, 956K)

>Burch basically replaced Bailey in all her non AAA roles
Fuck my life

Attached: 1531277884980.jpg (716x960, 57K)

That would've actually been interesting. Maybe some of the party members would turn against the PT with akechi if you made the wrong choices or something, it's such a waste that they didn't do anything with the "are we doing the right thing or not" theme

What does door-kun have to with this?

nigger...

Attached: 1488153965463.jpg (490x450, 148K)

Attached: perofella yu.jpg (852x480, 83K)