Defend this

Defend this.

Attached: rsz_consolfaggots.jpg (1560x1560, 391K)

Kids don't have credit cards so stores sell vouchers for digital crap. There's nothing to defend its just business.

>Playstation is on top
SONY WON

absolutely disgusting

Attached: fantasyman.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>Buys a PSN card
>360 my way out
As it should be.

>that random Xbone REmake 2 code on the PS4 category

Digital is the future unfortunately.

sony fans are lanklets

80% of game sales are digital. This doesn't look like a dedicated game shop so it's reasonable to think that they would sell the thing that sells the most.

Sure, what's my loadout?

wow, video games

Consoleniggers are killing gaming!
More at 11!

whats the point?

>taking pictures in a store

>download speed is 919 mbps
>download 50 gigs in a couple of minutes

im fine with it

now waddle your fat ass over a few feet to show the PC section that is pure hidden object shovelware, blizzard games, and dozens of code cards for shit like nexon and IMVU.
also pick me up some tendies and orange soda since you're at walmart.

I don't understand the point of these things
If I was going to a store to buy a game I'd get it physical and I wouldn't have to waste my time downloading the game when I got home
If I was going to get a game digital I'd just, you know, go online and get it

They keep the actual physical boxes games behind the counter so kids can't steal them. Take the paper of whatever you want to buy up to the counter and the cashier will get the physical boxed game for you after you pay.

>nintendo on bottom for literal children

All my money comes in cash, so I have to buy these things if I want a steam game

PC is to blame for our dystopic digital future though. Thanks Gabe.

Retail stores trying to stay relevant

Having games digitally on the Switch compliments its primary feature.

As for the rest, I'm sure there are some games people would always want instant access to on their consoles.

Attached: 1436843680333.jpg (1920x1080, 241K)

>Each have at least one card that doesn't belong.
Why people do this

Why the fuck would you buy digital product from physical store?
Why not just buy from the respective official digital store instead??
What are they, fucking stupid or something??

Attached: 1551815632477.gif (430x408, 908K)

>buy PSN card
>Sony can't lose your credit card info again

>you can give digital games as gifts now
SOMEBODY CHANGE MY DIAPER

Dumb pcunt

Why not just buy a gift card, then you can buy whatever you want and it'll probably be on sale anyways.

>$99.99 for nigger hoops
I can't defend this

Attached: ojsoda.jpg (618x341, 21K)

gonna be honest, I didn't really look at the image that well, I do buy the prepaid cards or just a physical copy, I don't know why you would buy a game like this.

>tfw 512(480)GB of free games on my hacked switch
theme support is worth it alone to get a hacked switch

Why does Hollow Knight have 3 different prices?

I don’t understand this either. Why not just buy a gift card equivalent the game your looking for just in case you decided to change your mind and buy something else

This ain't like the old days of Toys R Us. Look again at OP's picture. There are cards that say "Full Game Download" and others even say "DLC". These are vouchers that have a scratch off code that you enter online. It's like pre-paid phone cards or gift cards, they get activated once purchased.

Some don't even have a scratch off part. They just print the code on the receipt.

we can't. welcome to the digital age, boomer.

those prices for hollow knight are fucked up.

>that one xbox card in the ps4 section

>ps4 top of the class
>360 the middle man
>nintendo is low so kids can reach

Who remembers when FUCKING gamestop used to keep PC game codes in their display box? Good times

So you can wrap it for Christmas or birthdays.

Prepaid cards allow you to bypass having to give your credit card and other personal information to Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo in order to purchase games on their respective digital storefronts.

Attached: 1271964960800.png (300x400, 93K)

So that children can buy it with their birthday money, hard earned good-boy points, etc.

Retail space is still a great way to advertise. The more stuff goes digital, the harder it is to advertise those games to normies. Thus, prepaid cards because a solution.

Attached: DTMkWfMV4AA07Wd.jpg (1076x1200, 190K)

>Most of the stuff on the PS4 section are Madden games, 2K games, and virtual fun bucks for said games
Defend this.

i liked the old days better when the prepaid psn dollars came in a bluray case you could use as a replacement.

>or something
Former bank teller here, you'd be surprised how many people only use cash and don't mind the inconvenience of not having a debit or credit card. Also, some kids still get cash as gifts.

That looks like more of a security measure in a way. Those things are worthless if they simply walk out of the store with them.

Still- what the fuck am I doing going to the store if it's a digital download? Part of the reason I get the disk is so that I can play it faster off the hitch. I see that shit in a store and I don't pay a dime.

This trend will only get worse. The second crash is coming. The executives who make the decisions don't understand the technology behind it. They're dying to push streaming but they don't understand that the tech isn't there yet. It'll crash, and they'll sacrifice the employees to save themselves.

the switch bottom row make some sense since all of those games are digital release only

do you even get nintendo good boy points for redeeming these cards

otherwise there's like zero incentive to get this over buying it off the eshop unless you're underageb& and can't buy anything without mommy and daddy's credit card

Sony at adult height
Xbox at teenager height
Nintendo at child height

>The second crash is coming.
People have been saying this for the last decade and it doesn't seem any more likely that it's going to happen now as it was back then.

actually a good question
i have no idea though

The boy who cried wolf felt pretty good as well, until the villagers didn't come.

Nintendofag. You still get those gold points regardless.

It's Walmart. These cards are target at people going to the store to buy specifically video games. This is for families out getting groceries and spontaneously decide to pick up a game.

id love that
but not for digital versions

take that to cashier, they then go and grab the game so you dont have to track down a fucking staff to open a glass case

That shit is devious. Parents are often forced to take their kids to the store. Now a kid can sneak one of those little shits into the cart and the parents have to make a quick decision whether to say okay or not.

I don't even have kids but I know what the fuck they're up to.

Even physical games come with a 30+Gig download nowadays though. I bought RDR2 physical and that was like 86.

What are you on about? Carts are god tier comfy for portable gaming.

Why not just stock physical releases then? The average kid is an impatient little shit that probably wants to start playing their game as soon as possible, and the last thing the family wants is little Timmy hogging up all the bandwidth the second they get home and shitting everything up for everyone else.

>that was like 86.
86GB download? what the fuck? what in the everloving fuck is taking up all that space? 4k cutscenes?

whoever stocked this shelf deserves a rope

Attached: Untitled.png (1152x648, 8K)

Don’t like saving my CC info on toys so I just buy cards in stores or through Amazon.

It's for gifting I think. Though I'd be really disappointed if I got this versus a physical copy desu.

They do both, but the physical ones are behind glass.

The only system that digital makes sense for is the XBONE since despite buying a physical disc of the game you want to play, it'll need to install and download the whole thing anyway, so might as well go all digital.

Switch though? Should be physical only. How the fuck am I gonna download Monster Hunter using airport or hotel wifi? That's retarded.

It goes by age.

-PlayStation is at the top because grown adults buy it
-Xbox in the middle because younger teens buy it
-Nintendo on the bottom because it's for fucking toddlers.

This was honestly pretty useful when I wanted to buy Smash Ultimate for my girlfriend, except she's in the US while I'm in Canada and doesn't have a Paypal. I just bought her a code and messaged it to her.

>$14.88
what did Nintendo mean by this

It helps justify employment of brick and mortar employees.

It’s set up for the target audience.
>Chads
Mid
>Teens and manlets
Bot
>Children and bottom feeders

It's like physically owning a digital game

>Go into store and grab games like normal
>Or go online and risk my card information to be "leaked".

Attached: um.jpg (181x279, 11K)

Do people who have never worked have credit cards?

This is fucking sad to see.

>PS4 is on top, big power gap, then xbone, then Nintendo dead bottom

Makes sense

This depresses me. I bought 4 games recently and only 1 was a physical copy. I only have myself to blame, but there's something comfy about letting a game download and when I wake up, it's ready.

while all the shitposting about manlets and toddlers is fine, the real reason is probably frequency of purchase

nintendos online is hot fucking garbage and people dont want to buy digital on their platforms, sony has a history of being insecure with credit cards so most users who want digital will probably want to buy a card to be safe, that leaves microsoft in the middle with no real reason to be anywhere

I always buy physical copies even though they're more expensive. It's nice having your own library of games with cover art and all. Also they can't get lost if you lose your account for whatever reason

>splat2n and mk8d for 20 bucks
Be right back, going to target.

The cheaper ones are used copies

It was most likely misplaced by an employee, but you have a high chance of getting away with it if you explain to the cashier that you found it on a 19.98 price rack.

Only way I could defend this is if it meant cheaper games due to the fact you could just print these locally, no shipping and way lower production costs. But it hasn't and I still think anyone not just buying games on a digital marketplace, where it's almost certainly a lot cheaper, is a retard.