Reminder that FF1 sucks - no matter the version - and that saying "it's a classic" doesn't mean shit...

Reminder that FF1 sucks - no matter the version - and that saying "it's a classic" doesn't mean shit. You are a shit person misleading people if you recommend this trash. I honestly think this game is poison for introducing virginal JRPG fans, cause if I wasn't a seasoned vet this whole genre would have been turned off to me.

>Play Final Fantasy on the NES
>"Oh, this sucks"
>Read about the remakes
>Play the FF1 remake on GBA
>"Oh this still sucks"
>People say to try the PSP remake
>Try it
>"Oh this is the exact same fucking trash as the GBA version."

Yea Forums has the worst taste imaginable if they think the PSP version is some marked improvement over the GBA/NES versions. Recommending a bad Final Fantasy game is retarded, especially when there are quality SNES JRPGs that one could be playing like Bahamut Lagoon or Glory of Heracles 3

But you know what's stupid about people that defend Final Fantasy 1? They're also the same kind of people that would shit on Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for its insultingly simplistic design and plot.

Oh, and why can't a Thief steal shit?

Attached: ff1 nes.jpg (640x877, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_-7W4w1s5mg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>somehow missed the PS1 version, the legit best one
Huh. It's almost like you're stupid.

Does the PS1 version fix the subpar story and fetch quests?

ps1 version has a fucked up encounter rate.

does poopoo in the potty go poopeedoo?

FF1 is basically a difficult, old-school exploration grind with a pretty cool story told through NPC dialogue.

It was pretty cool for its time but I probably wouldn't play it again.

I would only accept a terrible opinion like this one if you also concede that FF1 is at least on par with Deagon Quest for how retardedly simplistic it is. It will always baffle me how popular DQ is despite being the blandest RPG series out there.

I liked Mystic Quest.

Attached: STK758.jpg (1000x680, 346K)

I played the psp remake as a kid and unironically liked it
Sorry you have bad taste and no patience

ok

One of the guys who does videos for Kotaku put it best, DQ is like a comfy pair of slippers that you can just slide on at any time.

>people STILL fall for this stale pasta

>Kotaku

I know this is a copypasta, but I honestly agree with it.
Final Fantasy really started with 3

People like you make me feel old as fuck. That said, FF1 made for a decent exploration RPG. Nothing fancy about it, just was a simple game for its time and started something for Square to continue working on for decades to come.

That said, the artwork on the PSP rendition was fucking fantastic. How they went from that in FF1/FF2 to the crap in the iOS versions of 5/6 is insane.

anyone have that pic from ffix where garnet says you want to name her dagger so the guy names her gun instead

>Hehe i like shitty games and even shittier remakes that mean i have gud taste

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 45K)

Thanks for nothing OP

Lol I ain't reading all that shit but your a fag regardless

Its bare bones early shit. The caves are just mazes, no puzzles, and the battle system is boring. Too easy.

Story is a simple fairy tale. I dig, because square now makes the most convoluted shit.

Only play it as a history lesson for gamer cred, player one.

Just play Mystic Quest.
youtube.com/watch?v=_-7W4w1s5mg

Attached: 1534297033852.png (364x268, 55K)

The guy who does some of their videos is very knowledgable and worked in Japan for several years. Tim Rogers I think is the name? Used to work on the same floor as Itagaki and once asked him to identify DoA girls by their faces alone to prove they were sameface.

>Being this much of a seething WRPG fag from the other thread
user, you really are the most pathetic being in this bucket weaving, ad aproved, web domain.

>BALS
>TO
>THE
>WALL

it's alright snes game, nothing amazing, but enjoyable.

what a great thread

hold on OP, are you saying that games that are more than a quarter century old don't provide an experience that matches todays standards???

I played DQ1 recently and liked it. How does it compare to FF1?

Attached: 1548972606462.jpg (640x392, 25K)

False, SMB1 is still a good game

I really don't see the problem.

FF1 is a really good game. The classes are well designed, lots of leveling and items, large world, good graphics, engaging story.

A huge step forward from the clunky, inaccessible unappealing ultima/wizardry games.

Attached: Ultima4_SS2.jpg (640x384, 335K)

Been awhile since I saw this copy/pasta last.

All versions have a fucked up encounter rate. It's honestly the thibg ruining the series. There is no reason why I should have to fight the same ogre that I've killed thousands of times in a single blow. It's just tedious what with how slow combat takes

Anyone play artifact adventure? It's a modern take of those old jrpgs. It has some cool stuff in it. In the first town, you can sell your party members to a slaver for straight cash.
Later in the game, you can start a race war between crabs.

especially since FF1 has a randomizer (just search "Final Fantasy Randomizer") which is capable of even shuffling the entrances to towns/dungeons, and also patches the rom to have all its original code bugs fixed; enemy morale functions properly, thief run chance works now, enemy spells perform the correct effect on the proper target, XFER actually does its job of removing special defense, element damage/resistance is fixed, etc.

you can even change the encounter rate inside dungeons or the overworld to 0x to 1.5x normal.

Reminder that if VII, VIII, X, XIII, or XV is your favorite FF then you don't know shit about FF

It was alright. Can't say it's my favorite FF title, but it's not the worst, either.

PSP/MOBILE version is fun. Just a quick and dirty DnD campaign.

>Fighter
>Fighter
>Fighter
>Red Mage

Anything else is pleb tier

This. The community patches are all FF1 needed to be good. Final Fantasy NES is a damn fun game when it's functioning, with a fairly unique magic system and an interesting job balance.

Its amazing how much FF1 took from DnD

It's good for 1987.
The Rogue in Rogue can't steal ether.

It fixes one of those things. Like the other NES/SNES ports on the PS1, FF1 has a load of fmv cutscenes to replace the walls of text.

FF5 needs a good remake

I play nes version it was fun

Kawazu's doing, he's a hardcore tabletop nerd.
There's quite a few jokes on D&D in the SaGa games too.

FF2 and FF3 (4 and 6?) were my favorite as a kid but I really doubt they'd hold up. Tellah casting meteor and the twins was really dramatic for a 10yo.

>Imagine not playing this game in 1980s as kid and loving it
Fagget zoomer

I'm actually playing it right now on my NES classic. I honestly like it, but I'm ashamed to say I had to use a walkthrough a few times just to figure out where to go.

If it makes you feel any better, the OG game on NES came with a players guide.