Persona 3

Well It's March 5th, how's everyone else feeling?

Attached: a4f74612-79c1-4600-83f9-da7f20b9482f.gif (1280x720, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CrL5hTIbQ7o
youtube.com/watch?v=1NDVzRmv__8&list=PL0D7A1F33879258AE&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=gLd5eabSJ3g
youtube.com/watch?v=6p0gGj5iATw
youtube.com/watch?v=63O7X2jeWFM
youtube.com/watch?v=0IO5k4k3vQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=2VOPhChoHr0
youtube.com/watch?v=QupRP3SVWWE
youtube.com/watch?v=B9qtKbJb9mM
youtube.com/watch?v=nnpSSZjul58
youtu.be/JB59UCCv764
youtu.be/Bd1Ibilzcck
youtu.be/0Suoo7Tzkso
youtu.be/Icol0dtcxnU
youtube.com/watch?v=ATcKBMYYSJs
youtube.com/watch?v=IsMeavnp2rs
youtube.com/watch?v=hgmYP4UhY0w
youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14
youtube.com/watch?v=C3emFUXbC5U
youtu.be/wB8Nkum3QAY
youtu.be/f8WP5GWIMQY
youtu.be/PWvjT4RJ6Mk
youtube.com/watch?v=KpzZilTgj1I
youtube.com/watch?v=yV99oYiopi4
youtu.be/5flfFhKtM8Q
youtu.be/OwwXyCmFOXs
youtu.be/fqTmDX6B3OI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sad that I'm not laying in the lap of my toaster gf while I die

KIMI WA NE TASHIKA NI ANO TOKI WATASHI NO SOBA NI ITA

robutt

Attached: 1549164160889.jpg (1000x1435, 276K)

sad that Atlus still ignores P1 and 2 and any non-Persona spinoffs like Devil Summoner and DDS in favor of Persona dancing and kart racing and whatever the fuck else

Tired. So tired

Attached: 1533404549749.png (750x750, 297K)

Feel like shit. Last night my brain felt like fully on when I just wanted to sleep.

Today I was playing Persona Q on NG+, finished the Group Date Cafe dungeon with p3's mc, went back and did all those dumb question for the destined partner thingy again, got Yukiko despite none of the question making a smidge of sense , realized that no matter who the mc tries to court or try to make feel better, his human life will end in less than a year, I really, kinda sad.

Attached: filename.jpg (1280x721, 59K)

I'd love another Devil Survivor

Like I just remember there was a hole in my chest, and I agree to put it there because I did.

>"I chooseth this fate of mine own free will."

Post more sad P3 memes

Attached: 1512344312868.jpg (300x417, 36K)

Fuuka a shit.

Attached: s.png (330x676, 226K)

Fuck off nigger, Fuuka is best girl! And I LOVE her!

Attached: Fuuka_P4U_Transparent.png (308x500, 120K)

And Fuuka loves degrading anal gangbangs!

Don't you speak about Fuuka that way you FUCK!

Fuuka pleases old black men with her butt, for free!

Fuukafag is getting more aggressive these days

He's realizing that his waifu is shit and that she talks like a robot, she also smells like semen.

Stop bullying my wife!
Pls understand, I want everyone to know how much I love Fuuka

Attached: d755f4ec2b9912f2a120ce7c4c50c896.jpg (728x1060, 89K)

You smell like semen you abortion bucket baby, go fuck yourself you absolute nig nog

Your wife is everyone's pal.

You smell like loneliness.

One of my buddies is still convinced that the MC doesn't die at the end. He told me "no, he just fell asleep"

Call him a delusional faggot and suck his dick as punishment.

You smell like a virgin

Attached: 50058603_2559242087436131_3573055998748786688_n.jpg (496x320, 23K)

You smell like you're projecting.

Attached: 1540516408318.png (829x720, 554K)

I really hope one day we could get a Persona 3 Remaster. It's honestly one of my favorite games of all time. It falls short in some areas but I still think it's great.

I wonder if Soejima stopped for a second after drawing adult Fuuka and thought to himself "well shit, its literally impossible for me to draw a charachter who looks more angelic or gentle than she is now"

Attached: (35).png (1280x800, 712K)

I've never played the PSP version, but of FES, Aigis is the best girl.

Attached: 1546815715447.jpg (500x584, 116K)

Aigis, Haydee, 2B, and EDI are my dream harem
>cyborgs are fine too

Attached: 1474419553720.jpg (1280x960, 264K)

You smell like you're deflecting

Attached: 1547456063063.gif (320x240, 968K)

I started playing P3 on my PS2 but then I switched to the PSP version when I got my PS Vita and I'm regretting it.

Attached: 1491518272892.png (1045x382, 559K)

my next college semester just started and i want to die from lack of sleep despite getting 6hrs erryday
should probably try to get back into /fit/ for body upgrades

then just go back to FES
if you're a mega bitch you can still mod in party actions

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

I want to marry Fuuka!

Attached: 176e22caed099f837dbbc9329a84c05b.jpg (450x600, 55K)

She's already married to her job of being an anal slut.

Fuuka what are you doing

tired

based DA MAN looking at the girls panties

getting lost

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 1.23M)

Cute, I dont remember this happening, though.

>ywn experience this comfy feeling again
youtu.be/CrL5hTIbQ7o

P3 has one of the best soundtracks in the entire SMT series. They really dropped the ball with 4, it had some good songs but as a whole was nowhere near as good as 3 or 5, or honestly even 1 and 2

youtube.com/watch?v=1NDVzRmv__8&list=PL0D7A1F33879258AE&index=8
>Ywn hear this for the first time again

Really? To me it was P5 that dropped the ball.

Yeah, I agree with P5s music was mediocre asf

youtube.com/watch?v=gLd5eabSJ3g
Most kino boss battle music of all time coming through

Attached: 1522754741818.gif (400x296, 443K)

So glad I used gameshark first time I went through this game. If I had realized I had just wasted all that time grinding through a monotonous, homogenized dungeon, killing wave after wave of enemies to the same fucking tune of 'BABY BABY BABY" only to be greeted with my self insert character getting The Ring'd while lying down on a very anachronistic robot girl, who I didn't even romance, I'd probably be pretty angry.
>muh Jesus parallels
Eat shit and die

Attached: 1436498750920.jpg (693x693, 138K)

my bread is not being burned user

>Being so shit at the game you use a gameshark
>Imagine having such trash taste

Attached: 30706962_233058820768567_7083727730667159552_n.jpg (480x480, 17K)

P5's general like "hanging out" music and overworld music and any event music and everything that falls into the same category as that was pretty bland, but the big songs like the battle music and dungeon music were all really solid. I think P4 had a way better boss theme, but the battle theme was terrible unless you played Golden

>the only way makoto can ever be in future persona games is if they either do time travel bullshit like the dancing games/PQ or straight up ruin P3's ending and bring him back
>tfw

Attached: ffc.jpg (380x213, 16K)

did you play Persona Arena?

Attached: dont worry.png (1547x1050, 1.78M)

P3's ending is better than 4 or 5. P3 in general is way better unless we're talking gameplay. The ending being an actual ending and not "LOL BRO WE SAVED THE WORLD" quickly followed by "I'm gonna miss you guys time to extremely abruptly go home" is a big part of that, and character developing throughout the story rather than being limited to social links is so much better. It drags the story down so much when the characters develop throughout social links and it has no reflection in the actual plot. This is a big part of the reason Persona 2's writing is so much better than the new stuff, it didn't even have social links

No, why?

Elizabeth is working on it

Attached: savage.jpg (1870x1050, 481K)

He wasn't in P4A though.
Minato is a way better name, just like Akira is significantly better than Ren. Makoto is the girl from P5

ATLUS should stop being bitches and have more in-series interaction ala Kiseki games.

Like I said
>or straight up ruin P3's ending and bring him back

Persona 3's an overrated mess and Nocturne has aged much better.

Just call him Yuki then.

I agree, Minato and Akira are much better names, but autists flip out if you use them because they aren't "canon"

>implying I used gameshark because it was too difficult and not because I didn't fucking feel like putting up with the tedious, boring as fuck grind.
(You) Stole My Shibble Dibble

>.gif

i wouldn't really call it ruined
specially if he gets to comeback as a party member in one of the next games

He doesn't have a body user, he's ded.

No because it's still a shitty name
I do admittedly prefer Yu Narukami to Souji Seta though. And the P2 names, but those were in-game anyway. P1 is kind of a mess when it comes to canon names

>especially if he's just another party member
yuck

P3's ending was dumb. If you thought it was good you're a cuck. Not saying P4's was better, but I will say P5 beats both hands down.

why do they even have canon names
just give them fucking nicknames, that's how Joker does it

Not to keep running my mouth about the earlier Persona games but uh each party is typically 7 members, and if you count up Naoya, Tatsuya, Maya, Minato, Aigis, Yu, and Akira, it adds up to 7, throw in Minako if you want 8. Why isn't PQ doing this instead of the clusterfuck of characters made up from three entire parties in PQ2

>Minato Arisato
>Yu Narukami
>Akira Kurusu

These are the best names IMO

>Tedious and boring grind
If you needed to grind in fucking Persona 3 of all games I'm sorry lmao

Attached: 27460011_937755433046774_3510664049912767817_n.jpg (480x792, 28K)

Atlus and their current fanbase could care less about P1 and P2 duology

Because the whole point of the game is to have the casts from the games meet up for fan service user. not only that, but PQ/2 parties have 5 people, so you wouldn't even be able to use all of the protags anyway.

Also didn't the original writer for P1/P2 leave after those games? So no one really knows how to write the old characters anyway

>Elizabeth is working on it
Worst thing they could have ever done in regards to p3's ending, it would only be good in a tragic love story kind of sense of a completely devoted individual eternally searching the earth and through the Collective Uncosciousness in order to find a solution thats explicitly stated to not exist and will never ever exist. But instead of that I feel like they are dangling a carrot in front of the fanbase saying "its ambiguous, guys, he may come back, he may not, we didnt want you to be too sad so heres the possibility of a happy ending, isnt that great?"
Fuck off, P3's whole deal is to accept that death and endings are a thing that no one can escape from, you will be ultimately happier and better off by accepting that than ignoring the truth

too bad she doesn't exist

I finally started playing Persona 3 Portable again. I tried starting it years ago and I just couldn't get into it. I was never really a huge SMT fan, but I played a decent amount of 4 and 5 so I thought I'd finally go back and give 3 a real shot.

shut up, it's fan cannon

Attached: 1519625807970.png (321x310, 123K)

which is a fucking shame
yeah he left after making DDS but apparently has come back as freelance

>grinding in an smt game
just fuse a persona for whatever resistance/(de)buff you need you fucking loser

Attached: 1534275773989.png (348x362, 175K)

truth

>hating on BABY BABY BABY BABY
absolute worst fucking taste
>cheats in a single player, VERY easy video game
what a mouthbreather

you shouldn't need to grind in nocturne let alone a persona game

P3 isn't even hard, I don't understand how someone would need to cheat.

why not play FES for the experience you were intended to have

submit to the canon pairing

Attached: 099.png (483x640, 428K)

DIDYA SEE THAT, SHINJI?

Were the Awakening cutscenes in P5 censored in Japan? The fucking summoning animations are shit. They just tilt their face and there's not even a blood spurt or anything. Can they fix this in the revision.

The idea of a proper series-wide nickname for a character didn't really come up until P5. For P3 drama CDs, everyone just calls him "Leader", but that's a terrible nickname in the context of the franchise as a whole. Meanwhile, in P5, everyone calls him something different when necessary.

This version is better.

Attached: a robot.png (250x691, 168K)

I actually do have that burned to some DVD for my hacked PS2, but I can't find it right now. Plus I like having control of my party members. FES doesn't allow that, right?

Thanks for the reminder, OP. Almost forgot.

Attached: 1425598324245.png (500x375, 220K)

Blood imagery only seems to be a thing in the initial summoning. The characters only express pain the first time as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=6p0gGj5iATw

ITSUDATTE ITSUDATTE ITSUDATTE SUGU YOKO DE WARATTEITA

but you lose the cute factor

Attached: 26994273_2029756360616328_4154703676438365210_n.jpg (960x960, 103K)

Leader is fine, especially if it's as a loan word. Just call Yu something else. Leave any conflicts up to the localizers.

>don't have control over your characters
you really do, it's just streamlined so you don't go through a billion menus to wail on pathetic enemies
future persona games featured this system as well, but gutted it so much it may as well not even be an option

I believe there are cheats to enable it, but you shouldn't need it. Just try it without. You probably already have the game spoiled for you, but trust me it's a better narrative experience regardless.

Having a nickname doesn't fix the problem of everyone calling you "this guy" in interactions where the nickname wouldn't be used.

youtube.com/watch?v=63O7X2jeWFM

Attached: door stuck.png (404x750, 181K)

I said this before, but P3 could probably benefit the most from a remake.

Uhhh I think P1 and P2 would be better, especially since English speakers are kind of boned with their releases.

P3 could use a port to something modern, yes.

I said this before, but the effort would be better spent on a new game.

youtube.com/watch?v=0IO5k4k3vQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=2VOPhChoHr0
youtube.com/watch?v=QupRP3SVWWE
youtube.com/watch?v=B9qtKbJb9mM
youtube.com/watch?v=nnpSSZjul58

Pick your poison

Attached: 1417577592525.jpg (1280x800, 219K)

>Implying remakes are ever made by the main team
Remakes are almost always given to B- or even C-teams, or contracted to another company. No wasted effort at all.

P2 wouldn't benefit that much from it. The gameplay would be much better, no doubt, but that's really it. The story wouldn't benefit at all since it's fine as it is and it's highly unlikely that the current ATLUS would add to it in any significant way anyway.

P2 could benefit from a collection that actually gets released in English ayyyyy

Do you want it done right, or done the efficient way?
Do you truly want it made?

It can be done right. There are plenty of remakes that were pretty decent when given to a third party.

>That pic related
>Welp, im dead, guess its time to leave, bye bitches, sorry your legs were not fast enough to see my last breath
>Hey, sup Ryoji remeber that time you charmed Aigis and she Diarahan'd you? Fuck you buddie, lets blow this joint
>Really hope you guys dont fall to depression and end up fighting each other and maybe almost destroy the world just to see my pretty face, oh yeah, im dead, they cant hear me, whatever.

Why isn't shinji with the dead group? He's DEAD lmao

post remixes right now my fellow negros

youtu.be/JB59UCCv764

FeMC saved him lmao

FeMC saved him.
Just ignore that he's dying anyway.

Attached: Didya see that Aki.jpg (399x226, 25K)

I wanna protect Door-kun’s smile.

Makoto Niijima is cute! CUTE!

Attached: B86E7109-C936-458A-A363-32D115B75C0B.jpg (900x1125, 182K)

>tfw no Yukari gf
>she'll never make fun of me and trigger me
>tfw I will never overthink something she said to me

Life is hell boys.

Beep boop

been playing this shit for thirty hours on the psp

i just finished the september full moon and i have three shadows left. is it almost over or am i going through the game at an insanely high speed? everyone else says they beat it in like 60 hours but i'm really not taking advantage of a lot of the social stuff or optional content

Makoto Niijima is a dumbass! DUMBASS!

Sort of a random realization to come to after listening to some of these, but I just realized why high school is so prevalent in Japanese media. Their HS is basically how college is viewed in the west. It's non compulsory and you have to apply to get in, but it's 3 years you have as an adolescent to shape your entire future afterwards.

>just played through PQ
>used shinji the entire playthrough because he didn't get much screentime in p3
>had to go through the entire game with the knowledge that he's gonna die in like a week

Attached: EAB8AB58-5709-44CD-ACF0-4A731AFE27C1.jpg (397x336, 18K)

I agree user. It's clunky, the pacing is awful, the gameplay is pretty mundane and has insane difficulty spikes, but goddamn if it isn't one of my favorite games of all time.

Fond memories of playing it in high school, cozied up on my couch grinding out Tartarus. First Persona game I played, still the best.

Attached: 1351917488367 (2015_07_22 09_23_57 UTC).jpg (1920x1200, 279K)

>but i'm really not taking advantage of a lot of the social stuff or optional content
that's sort of the part that sets p3 and on from other jrpgs
that said p3 still works very well without, so you do you
hope you enjoy it in any case

Game ends in January , especifically, TODAY., take that however you want

Best song, coming through.
youtu.be/Bd1Ibilzcck

TANAKAAAAAAAAAAAA

10 years ago today I watched this video.
youtu.be/0Suoo7Tzkso

KIMI WA I WILL NEEEEEVERRRRRRRRR LEAAAAAVE YOUUUUUUUUUU
(insert lotus juice)

>Game ends in January
>especifically
>TODAY
Man I can't even tell if you're being cryptic on purpose. Not him, so don't @ me.

This.
I'd rather die a hero in his prime at the lap of someone who truly loves you, over decaying as I age, and I grow more and more disillusioned by the day.

For real tho, P3FES’ intro theme is kickass.
youtu.be/Icol0dtcxnU

>It's a "Persona game takes control away from you and forces you to waste an entire week or two to move the plot along" episode
I hate reruns.

Look at today's date user, that's when *it* happens in P3

people hate this opening especially because it features in-game screens but fuck everyone I watched it everytime I started the game coming home from high school

fuck I miss those days

Im being retarded and not on purpose, sorry.
The final battle is in January, the game ends Today

I know what happens. That's why I said don't reply.

Speaking of intros, how come 5's completely shafts the last three members?
youtube.com/watch?v=ATcKBMYYSJs

me as junpei

it's because they mostly reused trailers from when the game was still in development and they had no idea how to portray them other than have Futaba type

That explains why Haru looks out of character.

>want to play p3 on my vita
>classic was made for ps3
>psp version but constantly told it's inferior to the ps2 original
feels bad

Attached: 1536186089897.png (1080x1072, 547K)

>you can still mod in party actions
lmao, is this actually a thing?

How can P3P niggers defend their visual novel when their only saving grace can be modded into the superior game?

>they even kept recording to get the beginning of the title screen music
holy shit bravo Nolan 11/10
nostalgia in a 2 minute video

the mod has existed for a long time already, user.
Also
>How can P3P niggers defend their visual novel when their only saving grace can be modded into the superior game?
FeMC

There's no fucking excuse for Mementos song to be that bad.
Also the overworld song being generic mall music instead of something cool like 3 and 4 ruins the mood.

P3P is a perfectly fine way to play the game.

Attached: animorphs.png (500x685, 515K)

I played through P3P as my first experience, it was honestly fine. I used a guide to see the missing cutscenes and the only real downside was missing out on the 3D world. Though I didn't mind that either because there's no quick travel with Square IIRC

FES is only something like $10 on PSN if you're that curious, but the PSP version is fine.

The night time overworld song is good, tho.
youtube.com/watch?v=IsMeavnp2rs

someone pill me on Persona
my friend loves SMT but I wanna try a good JRPG. afterall, I love Pokemon and hear Persona is a contemporary RPG like Pokemon

Attached: 710.png (500x362, 206K)

can't you do remote play on PS3 with Vita?

>cheat to skip gameplay
>WOOW, WHY IS THIS GAME BORING!?

I know the meme is too engraved in the fans minds, but he is a Lock, not a door, his final attack is called a the Great SEAL

is rly good.

I had no experience with the series, started with P5 on a whim, and then went through the entire series because it was so good. I'd advise you to just try it out and avoid these topics because you're gonna get spoiled hard.

start with P5 then

Anyone else give in to nostalgia and get the dancing game? I'm actually enjoying it. The social link events in between gameplay and pretty much all the original VAs returning make it feel just like old times

Attached: 1550244051836.jpg (654x655, 21K)

don't have a ps3 or ps4. was considering to just emulate on my PC, but feels bad I can't portable mode.
i'll give it a try. the VN part kind of throws me off, but i'll see what it's like.

Considering how insultingly bad is the writing and characterization of every single spin-off and side media, that's honestly a good thing.
And even then, MC is not truly safe from them.

Attached: 1536483358094.jpg (685x402, 90K)

p5 it is then. i love p4's music. heard some of p5 too, was really good. alright lads, im going in

Attached: 1531669087121.jpg (600x800, 84K)

I feel fine, just a bit tired. Why do you as

Is female pc to the right? It should have been Shinji standing somewhere.

Try to keep yourself spoil-free, my nigger. And if you think you can handle taking a step back in terms of gameplay, Is suggest going for P3 and P4 after. They're all great in their own way, I think.

The VN part really isn't that huge in the games. The social links are probably the most VN-like aspect and they're optional (though you'd be missing out a LOT if you skip them).

The gameplay is definitely more the focus

I've only played 4's dancing game.
I'll just wait until the bundle with both 3 and 5 is super cheap.

P5 has the worst ending.

Persona 1 and 2 are actual games that exist, user. Not to mention games like Devil Summoner and SMT: if... that were never actually localized. Devil Summoner doesn't even have a fan translation.

tb-h with u, both have aged badly, when you put them face to face with their modern counterparts. But P3 having some sort of story beyond
>lol, everyone's an asshole, kill them
Makes it more compelling than Nocturne where you just crawl from encounter to encounter.

>you will never be a supreme champion

Attached: I just don't know anymore.png (872x625, 36K)

Why is this bloke so fucking supreme?

It still looks aesthetic and takes less space than a Pepe frog MS Paint edit.

There's literally nothing wrong with it.
Pic related is another aesthetic gif posted as an example

Attached: 1544256128163.gif (1440x1080, 547K)

Its a mixture of life simulator, visual novel, and basic rpg, demons/personas and charachter are categorized by an Arcana in Tarot, the stronger the bond with your friends, the stronger your personas will become. Most of the enjoyment of the games is being able to build your own party by getting new demons/personas and fusing them to create new ones, who will inherit the skills of their "parents", on the other hand, dungeons are really, really dull but I believe it that aspect can be ignored when you put the seviceable gameplay and the story/charachters in between

Attached: 1538328913684.png (1600x5717, 3.84M)

Like I said, for P2, all they'd probably be doing is prettying up the original P2 with HD graphics with no additions to the story. The gameplay would most likely just be P5 dungeons without sneaking.

>out of character
There's no such thing when you don't have a character to begin with.

Their price and their DLC practices are too shameless to overlook.

Sorry Jewtlus, but that's a no for me.

>P3 threads are still almost a daily thing despite the game being more than a decade old
You fuckers just won't let me forget how much I loved this mess of a rollercoaster
remake fucking WHEN

Attached: 1550393083293.png (392x394, 302K)

>my friend loves SMT but I wanna try a good JRPG
SMT is a good JRPG series you fucking mongoloid, Persona is literally just SMT with less strategy and a fuckload more story

>with no additions to the story
You act like that's a bad thing. Hell REmake2 would've been a better game if they were more faithful to the original's writing.

Don't blame you in the slightest. I'm enjoying it, but it absolutely wasn't worth the price.
And the dlc is unforgivable. I don't know what the fuck is up with Atlus and their dlc pricing. Even minor shit in the Arena games was so much.

>P3 remake with P5's modern gameplay, P3D's graphics, and The Answer redone so it's not annoying
I would cum.

Attached: F952BB8E-F596-47D7-9A3B-8B88DB78BB8C.jpg (940x529, 59K)

Akihiko got it the worst, man.

I wanna buy it for the P2 songs but the P2 songs are Japan exclusive I think

youtube.com/watch?v=hgmYP4UhY0w

That's exactly what I want. I'd be genuinely angry if they shoehorned social links into the story. Just bring back the PSP voice actors to dub more scenes and make it run on the P5 or SMTV engine and I'd be the happiest person alive

Well, with the Arena games, you also had to factor in Arc Sys's jewery with their DLC.
That shit came to a head with Cross Tag Battle.
Pay extra for half the cast when all of them except the RWBY characters are reused sprite sheets.

Why are there no mainline Personas with a grill MC?

>making those beautiful HD character models and recreating several locales from the original P3 just for spin off dancing game
I'm still not buying it. They'd have to be flat out retarded to not take full advantage of those assets and just remake P3. It's gotta be in the works

Attached: 1526939907290.jpg (524x468, 51K)

>ArcSys was completely consuming all the anime fighting game love
>Now French Bread a company of 13 fucking people and that started by making a Tsukihime fangame has the spotlight for a change
feels so fucking good you have no idea

Attached: 1537294963254.png (163x219, 31K)

I know this is bait but unironically Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

Yep, I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if something gets announced this year

You mean like they did with P4?

They're reminiscing one last time before they head to their death.

P3's vocal tracks were amazing. Even down to the silly french one.

Its part of the cinematic selection bundle dlc I believe. So youd basically be shilling out even more for it. But no, its not jp exclusive

I love Fuuka!

Attached: Fuuka's Smile.webm (524x576, 2.81M)

Huh, maybe then. As much as I'm over here busting my nut about P2 I do love P3 so I might go for it

Persona is fucking shit and ruined the entire Megami Tensei franchise

no

Attached: dagda kamiya.jpg (480x640, 89K)

But it's a JRPG. What's the point? Just enjoy the story in the original game then.

P2 user agrees. The recent atlus poll had me fuming when they got rid of the Digital Devil Saga option to replace it with an option for remakes of Catherine Full Body and PQ2 (which literally came out within the past few months and aren't even localized yet)

>overhead perspective

Attached: 1551042879679.jpg (361x361, 17K)

I just beat it again last week, first time with FES and on Hard.
All of Aigis' late game moments leave me close to tears, and that final day had me bawling, as expected.
Now I'm trying to play the Answer for the first time, and it seems they don't let you choose difficulty and force you through more boring randomly generated dungeons.

Attached: 1522388397945.png (600x424, 266K)

Nah. They’re all good.

Attached: F11377A6-E8E5-4C6D-9409-F345B4787833.jpg (950x820, 559K)

So that people like could enjoy them. The games aren't a terrible time by any means but I'd love to actually have fun with the dungeons and combat instead of just playing them for the sake of seeing the rest of the story.

Nah, but it was bound to happen eventually with any of the ips under MegaTen, look at the whole library and tell me you dont see a company rehashing the same shit under different contexts and stories until they eventually found the goose that laid golden eggs, if it wasnt Persona it was going to be, DeSu, or Raidou or whatever

>P1 protag
Interesting choice. Pretty cool art.

you say that but IV Final is literally one of the worst games I've endured

Even if they remade it, it'd just be a shallow cut down version of P5's gameplay. There's absolutely no way they'd create a brand new gameplay style for a remake of a pair of games that never sold that well to begin with.

Good luck user.

but it would give them a chance to actually sell them outside of Japan to begin with haha

I miss P3
P5 is so bad in comparison

The Answer is locked into Hard mode. It's also entirely dungeons, but not nearly as tedious as Tartarus was on NG+.

I don't really care for DeSu but I'd be much happier with more Raidou stuff than Persona. Same with DDS or even mainline, it's just that Persona appeals to weebs because you live an anime highschool life and because of that they pump out fighting game and dancing game spin offs (and I'm sure even more shit with P5) which isn't what I want from the SMT series. If they'd pumped the money they put into all the P4 spinoffs into something like Raidou 3 or another modern Devil Summoner or something, I'd be much happier. If you look at the PS1 and PS2 era and see what kind of SMT games they have, you'll get a mainline game, and three spinoff series with usually 2 entries each. Now we get one Persona game and one mainline, with Persona getting a ton of non-JRPG spinoffs as opposed to there being other non-Persona SMT spinoffs. It's really sad

user.........

Attached: 1534290161147.jpg (266x240, 32K)

>mfw this song is a happy version of Memories of You

Attached: 1550670002601.jpg (1080x1000, 128K)

Maybe. Honestly, I've given up hope on P2 anyway. Every attempt that ATLUS has ever made trying to capitalize on Persona's popularity since 3 and sell those games again have pretty much failed.

where's my fucking raidou 3

Attached: aspect raidou.png (3532x687, 478K)

Fuck raidou
More soul hackers pls

Why not both?

Attached: summoners.png (733x575, 110K)

Give me Devil Survivor 3, dammit

Attached: 09337CFF-F48A-4A98-8C12-6C5E4A97E3DB.jpg (600x480, 80K)

because we got Soul Hackers mentioned in the last survey
no raidou though lol

I haven't played it but most people say character design aside it's got the best gameplay of any SMT

Literally the fact that it has Persona in the title would make it sell at this point now that P5 did so well. It probably wouldn't cost any more to make than the dancing games because the entire game can be made with reused P2 and P5 assets outside of voice acting and new environments and models for the party. People would see that it's a main entry in the Persona series they haven't played and immediately be interested, I bet they'd make more money off of it than they would with P3D and P5D

Exactly user. First they'll remake P3 with those HD assets. Then a few years later, when you've forgotten about it, they'll remake P4 with P4D's models and graphics. What's old will be new again, and we'll just consume everything in a recyclable manner and love it each and every time.
P3 could benefit from a remaster at least. There's no "ultimate" version, arguably. FES has The Answer, a 3D world to explore, and animated cutscenes. P3P has the fem route, and several gameplay upgrades. There's enough to rationalize a remake, Id like to think.

Fuck...

>Raidou 3 developed by Platinum
>Plays sorta like NieR Automata did with typical action gameplay and demons roaming on an open-ish world, but a spell menu and elemental bullets to keep it an SMT game
I've been thinking about it for a while

>Literally the fact that it has Persona in the title would make it sell at this point now that P5 did so well
You mean like how well 3D, 5D and Q2 sold?

Attached: online.png (500x380, 273K)

>love it each and every time
Like I said before I'll just be angry because of how many other megaten games could use a remake more than P3 and 4, which both already got remakes. I do agree that combining the additions from FES and P3P is a good idea, though. I'd be way happier with a P3 remake than a P4 one (or Persona 5R or whatever remake bullshit that game is probably getting, which is completely unnecessary and probably was a plot from before P5 was even released to get people to buy the game at full price twice)

user, they literally tried that with the PSP ports of P1 and P2. They weren't really successful.

3D and 5D probably sold poorly because they came out on the same day and were low effort rhythm games (P4D had way more effort put into it and was at least unique at the time), and Q2 isn't even out in the west to my knowledge and is also a 3DS game

Does p3 have cabbage/pancake equivalent??????????????

>What's old will be new again, and we'll just consume everything in a recyclable manner and love it each and every time.
I get what you're saying, but I don't think it's as bad as you're implying:

>P3: 2006
>FES: 2007
>P3P: 2009
and
>P4: 2008
>P4G: 2012

The last time these games got any attention was a decade ago for P3 and 7 years for P4 (spinoffs aside), I don't think having fully HD modernized remakes that much later would qualify as "recyclable manner". They're amazing games that would 100% benefit from the P5 treatment.

its the only way to get best girl

Attached: file.png (201x250, 74K)

Those were direct ports for the PSP though. P1 still played like absolute dogshit and P2:IS was exactly the same except with new menus and actually released in the west this time

burnt bread

My point is that the shit that we see happening with Persona, Atlus ignoring everything else to try and milk its most profiting franchise to oblivion, was boudn to happen from Day 1, because Atlus has always been a greedy company and if it wasnt Persona the one who everyone loves and loves to complain about it was going to be any other of the ips getting fighting/dancing/remasters/sequels/spinoffs games, and then people would complain about those franchises and how Atlus is ignoring everything else on their favor. its not Persona's fault, but Atlus.

Da Wingman.

Attached: da man.jpg (482x546, 113K)

They could easily use the opportunity to clean up some pacing and plot points in P3 as well.
>that entire month where absolutely fucking nothing happened
>Shinjiro and Ken's backstory. (Shinji's persona went crazy and tries to kill him, why exactly?)
>Maybe flesh out or rewrite a few of the shitty social links (namely Gourmet King)
>Make Tartarus more interesting. Somehow.

The scene where she asks you out for dinner before getting flustered and running away was fucking great.

cringe
based

Attached: 51018099_2635880319761095_3401827691450597376_n.jpg (480x419, 12K)

The wacky surprise antagonist is obsessed with puns.
Although he plays a very minor role in comparison.

>tfw P3 remake with the P3Dancing models fucking never

Like seriously theyve practically remade nearly every major location from P3 already even a bunch of minor ones like the dorm rooms.

I just dont want those wonderful models stuck in that spinoff forever

Attached: ECE9C876-7F18-44C2-B764-B288F78F86A4.jpg (450x484, 59K)

I actually would rather P2 not get remade, I like how small the fanbase is and don't want fags making posts about how "Maya is cute! CUTE!!!" and arguing about whether or not Lisa is the best girl or something. I just want Atlus to actually acknowledge its existence. Like when P5 Arena inevitably comes out, give me Tatsuya and Maya as DLC or something. Throw the two of them into PQ2, and don't just insult me with Elizabeth's outfit being a reference despite the plots of PQ, PQ2, and P4A being thinly veiled ripoffs of P1 and 2.

>Shinji's persona went crazy and tries to kill him, why exactly?
Never learned to control it.
He takes anti-persona drugs to suppress it, which is killing him.

Persona is a basic bitch franchise.

>Shinjiro and Ken's backstory. (Shinji's persona went crazy and tries to kill him, why exactly?)
It went crazy and started thrashing around the place, accidentally killing Ken's parents and forcing him to wake up the potential isnside of him, which is why he saw the events that transpired iirc.

yes

Attached: chocolate milk fuuka.png (600x600, 225K)

Is this like being a King's Field fan when FROM struck gold with Souls?

then it must be perfect for you

Best forbidden love, especially when you find out Maya is just some drunk thot. """Becky""" in 5 just felt like a power fantasy because her entire character is just "u want sum fuk?" after an awkward first encounter.

The poofy hair made me rock hard though

>endurance run
I never cared about giantbomb, was this something they did in one sitting?

I was a bit disappointed when I couldn't date her.

didnt play 5
post pics

How the fuck can anyone play P3P first?

Is it too much to ask for more than one fight against other Persona users per game?

I know literally nothing about King's Field, so yeah probably. I used to hate the "play a real SMT" types before I realized Persona is quite literally killing the series and inhabiting its corpse

I just want a non-canon Arena appearance.

>"""Becky""" in 5 just felt like a power fantasy because her entire character is just "u want sum fuk?" after an awkward first encounter.
I know you're too lazy to actually play a game before bitching about it, but you could at least look up the cutscenes on YouTube or something.

Attached: 03A341A8-9D7F-461C-9036-420AEC659F5A.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

That always confused me. Why would it be defiant and why would he need to learn to control it? That's never been an issue for anyone else in the series.
I understand the case for Strega, since their persona were force-awakened via artificial causes (kirijo experiments and whatnot)
But I never got why that was the case for Shinji. They don't delve too deep into the subject.

why is her torso so lon

P3 had four, though? Maybe more.

In P2 almost every single important boss fight between both games is against another Persona user, including Adolf Hitler

Soejima

>That always confused me. Why would it be defiant and why would he need to learn to control it?
Think about P4, you know how they all had to tame their shadows in order to access their persona? Maybe shinji wasn't able to tame his properly? I think a lot of the persona-shadow stuff was cleared up after P3 in P4 and they'd be able to expand on a lot of it if P3 ever got a remake

While 4 and 5 just have one.

More in FES

So joker has more mountain to climb

It's been the coldest winter in years. Where is global warming bros? Why hasn't everything melted so we're always warm and baking?

At least he's kinda sorta gotten better at necks.
youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

I miss kaneko

The Answer's main saving grace. The party members fights are the best part bar none.

It's not that he didn't learn to control it, he got too angry when chasing a shadow and lost control for a moment, killing a bystander. This made him retreat from using it at all, but a persona can force itself out if not used regularly. This caused him to take the suppressants which will make your persona try to kill you as well as the chemicals fucking with your organs.

Doi's not bad.

Attached: Satan_SMTIVF.jpg (1280x1016, 387K)

Attached: joker p2.jpg (636x452, 16K)

Weather's not climate.

youtube.com/watch?v=C3emFUXbC5U
Great track too

I like Doi. I just like Kaneko more. Soejima isn't necessarily bad, either, but man Kaneko's art was just so unique. The only one I actually dislike is Yasuda

Game limitations aside, they're all casting giant death rays and earthquakes all over the place; it's not hard to imagine that if someone got carried away while fighting in the streets, some bystander could get in the way.

Older non-apocalyptic megaten games usually handled this by implying that every civilian evacuated the areas of combat.
It's kinda funny how 4 and 5 outright decided to not deal with any of this by having everything taking place inside a pocket dimension.

Attached: depression.jpg (1900x5385, 3.84M)

So, ignoring the 5 or 6 other remixes, which version of Mass Destruction is better? The Journey or The Answer?

for real, the only denier in my family is my cousin who took 7 years to finish high school

Raidou had random encounters in crowded city streets.

Answer.

I know people say yukari is a bitch because of how she acts in the answer, but it felt really realistic to me and I felt bad at that scene.

THE SOUL KANEKO vs. THE SOULLESS SOEJIMA

People are quick to jump when someone stops acting like an anime character for a moment.

Holy shit, I thought Satan in Persona was pretty cool with his convoluted design featuring like 5 different themes, but this dude is terrifying.

Yikes.

>aigis turns head 180 degrees when she hears you

Yukarifags are still reeling to this very day and continue to call The Answer bad just because they got btfo

I'm not denying it I want it to hurry up so we can have warm summers in Canada and get lots of farmland while the rest of the world turns into a desert.

what a fucken whiny bitch

He's actually a total bro and helps you smack the shit out of YHVH after you fight him to prove yourself.

went into the game without spoilers and really liked Shinji, the angle of guilt and self hatred was new to me as a kid and I thought it was the deepest shit ever. when he turned out to not only be a fucking powerhouse but also a really cool guy who made food for Koro I knew he was my absolute favorite character....
I was fucking crushed when it happened btw, very few character deaths have ever hit me like that one did

Attached: 1462081803615.jpg (900x600, 466K)

>it was something I promised myself while holding his cold hand

Attached: 1522254374627.jpg (233x410, 86K)

This is why I think NGE Shinji is a legitimately good character while everyone else seems to hate him. It's the same reason I like Persona 2 and Cowboy Bebop so much, the characters act more like actual people than anime characters. It's a shame P4 and 5 didn't do better in that aspect

>le spike feet that are actually boots
Doi is a hack who blatantly recycles the same few "tropes" in all his demons

there's nothing more pure than the love of a robutt gerl

Makes sense. I feel like the writers weren't even too sure what happened at some points. Aside from the lack of in depth explanation, they rewrote the whole Ken/Shinji scenario from "I joined SEES just to kill you" to Ken not even knowing who Shinji really was until he saw his persona go crazy during one scene in the P3 movie. A remake could give them the chance for a whole lot more context for that plot point.

It still puts a knot in my gutt
>Everyone forgets who you are to them
>suddenly the cast remembers
>the moment you die they open the door to find you alone with aigis

>being an actress in kids shows allows Yukari to inspire a new generation to live life to the fullest no matter what
Only good part of A/U's story.

But I like the Answer and I'm a Yukarifag.

Attached: 1516219878396.png (1294x881, 1.95M)

I still to this day have no idea what was so unlikable about this. She was clearly the canon love interest and was probably hit even harder than Aegis when Door-kun died. Anybody that's lost an extremely close loved one will tell you they would give absolutely anything just to speak to them again.

What the fuck is wrong with Joker's arms

the fact that he always says this shit with that smug smile makes me fucking laugh

Cuz your side of the planet is not facing directly at the Sun, so the weakened ozone layer (result of global warming) is failing to protect you from the cold of outer space.

Joker is a living noodle

I really need to play Japanese P5 because I need to know if the writing was just that rough to begin with or if it was the localization. It's not all bad though, it's mostly Makoto's arc and everything after Futaba's palace that are exceptionally weak.

Fuck, I love Akihiko

Attached: 1522125261314.png (132x299, 88K)

youtu.be/wB8Nkum3QAY
M..
youtu.be/f8WP5GWIMQY

Attached: download.jpeg.jpg (203x163, 5K)

Raidou is a trained specialist who works specifically to prevent havoc.
Plus Japan was almost a guetto during those times.

Attached: 1528140165155.jpg (584x793, 107K)

Excuse me

Attached: 1519940438482.jpg (453x508, 68K)

The only reason I hate her its because she is overly hostile to almost everything Junpei does/says even though he is completely harmless and because of that one incident while gathering clues in shady allies at night looking for Fuuka.
Now im just realizing their interactions are a game long boke and tsukomi act that I never found funny.

Couldn't you say the same about Kaneko sticking penises and tits on everything?

Attached: kaneko.jpg (500x299, 88K)

Man, I think Morgana is my least favorite character in the entire series. Even worse than the horribly underdeveloped P1 cast, worse than the horrifically boring Yukiko, worse than fucking Teddie. That shit with Ryuji was absolutely terrible.
>makes fun of Ryuji and belittles him for the entire game
>Ryuji makes one joke at Morgana's expense
>Runs away like a little cunt and the party makes Ryuji apologize when they find him
What a fucking twat, it makes me so mad that we're supposed to pretend Ryuji was in the wrong when he did absolutely nothing wrong

Atlus is known for recycling their assets, so it's not completely hopeless.

But they might make it secretly a stealth sequel with time travel shenanigans

I mean it was kind of awkward for me because I wasn't even at level three social link with Yukari before playing The Answer. And she was willingly attacking her friends, endangering the world, and telling my established gf that she couldn't possible understand how she felt about losing Protagonist-kun.

Attached: 1478576788041.jpg (1500x843, 465K)

I didn't actually notice how much Junpei bites first and back until I played it again.

Yeah, everything up to and throughout Yusuke's dungeon was good. I thought Makoto's was decent at least, but it takes a nosedive after that

I'm still low-key pissed that his only canon name is "Boy with earrings"

Attached: 1461348320459.jpg (686x676, 175K)

That’s like only 1/3 of his designs

just started playing persona 5 a week and a half ago and i fucking love it, im a bout to send Madarame his calling card.
im just worried that nothing will hold up to P5 once i finish it.
(this is my first persona game, and i got into it from watching etika play it 2 years ago. I had also read about Devil Survivor in Nintendo Power)
is persona 4 that good? Adachi was spoiled for me by shitposts and my little brother.

Attached: a new contender for the cell games.jpg (720x558, 55K)

I was all quiet when that night happened. Then they went and did THIS fucking scene and it really hit me
youtu.be/PWvjT4RJ6Mk

Attached: 1550820999531.gif (400x300, 231K)

sideburns of steel

I wonder if unrequited love would actually make her even more anguished.

Wasn't that explained with like the dark world or some shit though? It's been a while
It's funny because Kaneko's artwork looks, from a literal standpoint, pretty soulless, but I agree his artwork had so much more charm to it

Attached: IMG_1452.jpg (561x516, 39K)

>it makes me so mad that we're supposed to pretend Ryuji was in the wrong
Aside from Ryuji being his normal self wherein his entire character is based around being loud and immature, we're not. The mini-arc ended with Morgana apologizing and asking to come back, then reaffirming his place by saving the PTs from Okumura's trap which just pissed me off again because holy fuck Haru gets zero focus ever outside of her confidant and is such a waste of a character

I don't want a remake. They would make changes to the story and I love P3 too much to want to see it destroyed by the current writers.

Doi’s recycling is shit he uses to make things look cool when he doesn’t otherwise know how to

Kaneko’s cock obsession is because sexuality is core to the whole collective unconscious thing and mythology has shitloads of sex in it

Same. I call him Naoya. On the other hand though, I don't like Makoto Yuki or Ren Amamiya compared to Minato Arisato and Akira Kurusu. Tatsuya Suou is a pretty good name though, I'm glad that they supplied a canon name from the get-go with that one

poor fucking Akihiko, but that lose helped him become one of the sexiest men alive

Attached: 1465408095876.png (1245x1800, 870K)

Pretty much this. I wouldn't mind an HD remake with the same story just properly translated, but with all the shit they did with 5's localization they'd just make it even worse.

>P1 cast
>underdeveloped

t. didn’t read the optional dialogue

The problem with Makoto Yuki is that it's literally the absolute most generic you can possibly get with a Japanese name.

If only P5 had anything close to this

Adachi isn't really a surprise reveal anyway. P4 is the worst Persona game in terms of story, if you ask me, but I fucking adored it when I first played it so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
In terms of story and characters, P2 > P3 > P5 > P1 > P4. As for gameplay they pretty much got better with each installment

I went thru the whole game with Minato Arisato only to hear about Makoto years later, fucking whatever atlus geez

Attached: 20479762_1654649927942138_8742214762665207835_n.jpg (480x412, 28K)

Interesting you think it falls apart after Yusuke's dungeon. I actually think Futaba's arc is the peak of the game in terms of both gameplay (dungeon design is fantastic and the game really opens up with how you choose to build your team) and narrative (uncovering the truth behind Futaba's pain and, from that point in the game, actually going against an international criminal gang it feels like you're first real big job as the Phantom Thieves).

I don't remember Morgana apologizing, i just remember Ryuji apologizing. Either way the whole scenario is still terrible

Everyone treats Ryuji like shit for not apologizing properly, but they're okay with Morgana's behavior throughout the whole game. This pisses me off. So maybe Ryuji should just quit the PT because he feels offended so he'll finally get some respect, huh? Except he's loyal and wouldn't leave you just because some retard is sperging out on him

IT'S SPRING
THE WINTER IS GONE
youtube.com/watch?v=KpzZilTgj1I

There is no excuse to inciting in-fighting and threatening everyone's loves over her own selfishness.
Worst of all she does nothing to make up for her wrongs even after admiting she fucked up.
It's all "I almost caused us to be trapped forever in a timeless void but it's okay because I said sorry :^)"

Well aren't the MCs supposed to be generic? The only special thing about door-kun was having Death sealed in him for a few years. It wasn't until 4 they started making the MCs super special snowflakes who were great at everything for no real reason.

Of course the big dick pussy magnet is the only one to get two names that are both great.
youtube.com/watch?v=yV99oYiopi4

FUUUCK THIS SONG BRINGS MANY BAD MEMORIES OF MY EX

Attached: 1545984908750.jpg (618x619, 54K)

Wasn't the guy in charge of P5 the same guy who took over after Satomi Tadashi left? I was under the impression Tadashi made 1 and 2, then the new guy made 3, 4, and 5. Although if it changed it would explain why 3 was so much better than 4 and 5. I know he stepped down after 5 so there's gonna be a new guy directing P6's scenario and any new stuff anyway

I feel so bad for both of them. Shinji deserved much better and after everything that happened to Akihiko there's no way he'll ever be able to live a normal life.

Fuck, this song is so underrated. Makes me emotional every single time.

Fuuka would be the perfect wife!

Attached: Bridal Fuuka.png (650x507, 287K)

Absolutely correct.

If we had to have Yu be Souji in order to have Makoto be Minato and Ren be Akira, it's a small price to pay.

SO MANY WAYS TO LIVE BY, IF ONLY TO GET BY
DEPENDS ON WHATCHA CHOOSE, YEAH WENT WITH FLOW
MUSIC CAME TO APPLAUD AND HAD A LITTLE TALK WITH DESTINY, THATS ALL

Attached: 1550813518185.gif (200x200, 288K)

I mean Mark and Nanjo and especially Maki got plenty of development, as did Reiji if you got him, but I don't remember seeing much development in the other optional members like Elly, Brown, and whoever the other one was if there even was one outside of SQQ. I'm assuming Yukino got some development based on her appearance in P2, but Ayase seemed pretty bland too. Maybe I just missed dialogue like you said.

Am I the only one who thought of the Chex Quest guy when looking at Polydeuces?

>inciting infighting

She was not the root cause and if it wasn't her, it would be something else. People don't split up into more than two groups because of one person. Even if she was being selfish, which she was, it was rooted in something so human, no person can say they would be above it in the same situation, especially since she didn't realize the true scope of what was happening.

This image really sums it up.

Attached: persona_fans.png (635x475, 350K)

From a purely narrative standpoint Futaba's dungeon is interesting, but the characters themselves stop getting development like they did prior. Ann and Yusuke have some pretty interesting conflicts, and Makoto at the very least develops her character into something different, but Futaba basically just instantly gets over her problems and Haru, on top of having a really boring dungeon, literally doesn't have a character if you don't do her social link. Persona would honestly be better if the main party didn't have social links and just developed throughout the story instead. Leave the s links in for side characters, but the main party members don't benefit from them.

P3P was the equivalent to FES and Golden, except it was exclusive to PSP. Feels horrible because I never played it.

More than one heart
More than I had ever dared to hope
Born into spring
We can do anything
We can move mountains now
We can sail across the seas of time
Fate is ours to command

Attached: 1551780730051.gif (540x304, 803K)

>As for gameplay they pretty much got better with each installment
2 is a big downgrade from 1 no matter how you look at it.
Otherwise correct.

1 > EP > 3 > IS > 5 > 4

Daily reminder

This. I like Ryuji
Agreed. Yu is better than Souji, but not nearly as much as Akira and Minato are better than Ren and Makoto

She looks like she’d die during childbirth

This.
Kaneko works because you can tell that he got super deep into the occult and psychology to make his designs. Plus he was allowed to have fun, experiment and do 300+ creatures, so he could pull off all sorts of cool, silly, weird shit if he felt like it.

Doi is more like: he looks at what Kaneko did, he looks at popular general portrayals of mythology, and then just tries to do something around them; not to mention that outside major characters, he usually only does like 5 designs for random demon fodder, so he can't experiment and grow that much.

Attached: 1535915609150.jpg (520x400, 29K)

This shit is too sad brah ;_;

Attached: 48-Persona3-54-001.jpg (640x448, 26K)

Maybe you're right. I played P4 when I was in high school and not really that happy with my life. Absolutely loved everything about the game. Now that I'm graduated and have trouble choosing which friends to even spend time with, I don't like P4 nearly as much as opposed to other Persona games let alone other SMT games

If we're talking music from the movies, these were some of my favorite, underrated tracks
youtu.be/5flfFhKtM8Q
youtu.be/OwwXyCmFOXs
youtu.be/fqTmDX6B3OI

Attached: 1549117190489.webm (400x240, 773K)

Soejima's pretty decent when it comes to designing unique Personas, but I don't think he's ever drawn a proper demon.

wtf? It's 2019 and people still hate Shinji?
I thought that in this era of faggotron snowflake feels enabling, Shinji would be widely accepted and cheered upon.

Shinji is a fucking champ because deep down he can still overcome his issues. If NGE was real life, he would have just ran way, committed an hero, have a break-down, or have taken years to achieve the growth he did in the show.

Attached: 1551621744178.jpg (400x309, 50K)

Why didn't these movies get dubbed? I don't mind it but I'd take any opportunity to see more of the cast, Japanese or English. Even the P4 anime got dubbed and it doesn't seem like P5 will get that treatment either. What's the deal here?

Junpei standing up during a funeral not because "durr I'm stupid" but just to tell that kid to shut the fuck up is the best part.

You're alright Junpei.

I disagree but the fact that you like the games in the original trilogy better than 4 and 5 is something I respect either way. I do agree that EP is better than IS

Yeah, kind of a shame. They're definitely not gonna bring back Junpei's voice actor if they do dub it though lmao

Shit, I'd forgotten about self redemption. Thank you for posting these. They deserve to be remembered and appreciated.

Futaba still struggles from the real consequences of being a hikkikomori NEET and is socially stunted from all those lost years. She's motivated to help the Phantom Thieves because you all more or less resolve to help get to the bottom of her mother's fate and the truth behind the Metaverse. It's very human to me, especially the trauma she had to go through. I wonder if it's something Asians would relate to more because of the familial hierarchy.

Makoto is one of the main reasons I need to replay the game with the Japanese script because she acts nowhere near socially awkward nor "clout chaser" enough to believably be called "robot". It might've been better if they didn't show the player Makoto literally being ordered to catch the Phantom Thieves so we wouldn't know her true feelings on the matter. And besides it's something she shrugs off really fast anyway even in her really bad SLink.

wait until netflix airs EVA and people start shitting on or memeing him again

>Futaba still struggles from the real consequences of being a hikkikomori NEET and is socially stunted from all those lost years
She seems perfectly fine and easily opens up to the PT. She doesn't even suffer panic attacks or look for spaces to hide in when out in public.

the momentum behind P4 was fucking huge so of course they'd roll with it
it's even funnier because it took a few years for P4 to achieve all that clout

You're missing the point retard, doing a "human thing" doesn't excuse you of the consequnces of it.
If you put everyone's lives in danger even when you don't realize it you are going to get plenty of justified hate for it.

Atlus aren't total retard faggots like RoosterTeeth or Funimation, so who knows. they'd probably be still willing to work with Vic once his whole thing blows over. Id absolutely want him back to voice Da man if P3 ever got remade.

This shit gets to me even years later, what the hell.

You're wrong!

Hey I'm with you there. It's part of why I say the game gets considerably worse AFTER her Palace. It's another case of how the good stuff gets shoved into the SLink.

But wasn't he back for the Dancing game? Did something happen with him recently?

>first movie was a flawed ludo
>later movies were
HAVE YOU SEEN AEGIS? SHE SO COOL AND PRETTY, LOOK AT HER!
OH YEAH, AND MAKOTO'S A USELESS FAG

Attached: 1534060091917.jpg (1290x840, 585K)

Was she louder and had access to a time machine?

Blah blah controversy. Usual American shit.

>door dies on 3/5
Weird, I dont remember that at all
Seems like I would have considering its my birthday.
21 today :^)

Attached: 1548289206309.png (540x527, 335K)

Attached: ad53a323-ab76-4364-9a2a-a73372c264b0.jpg (1280x1476, 542K)

This is my #3 favorite persona song. The lyrics are so good at making you reminisce about the meaning behind all that happened between the characters and how they developed during the game and the resolution all of them achieved. I don't think any other game will resonate with me like this ever again.

Attached: FeMC.jpg (600x782, 143K)

>Tfw the last time we'll ever get to hear da man in English is for a dancing game

You say that like Goro isn't the most loved male character in the series right now.

The hate is unfounded not because she did something wrong, but because she was just as wrong as any of us would have been and people reject that.
said it best. When we see something that reminds us of our ugly side, they become angry at it and lash out. That's the reason why Goro is loved while Yukari was shunned. Goro was just a sad, broken boy that you can feel bad for because he's had a cartoonishly shitty life, but Yukari is just like you and me reacting like you or I would and we hate that.

fuck your brain dead waifu tripe you single cell troglodytes

Without trying to derail this nice thread: >Vic is an overly affectionate guy who likes getting close to his fans for hugs and whatnot. Little creepy, but whatever.
>After DBZ Broly (which he stars in) makes hard bank in theaters, women start rumors about him sexually harassing girls from years and years ago
>His co-workers voice actresses start pulling a #MeToo and throw him under the bus, saying he touched them. (Despite it happening long ago, being friends with him, and having literally no evidence)
>Studios are starting to cut ties with him because of these accusations despite no proof
He recently got lawyered up though, so things might turn around for him. Which is good, because the whole thing was pretty depressing to watch.

It's not as if she was alone in this. Everyone else was to blame too. I mean, the only one who actually objected to the in-fighting was Junpei, and even then he STILL participated. They all did. It's not even as if Mitsuru or Akihiko tried to oppose it. They all went along with it. Yes, Yukari was behaving extremely irrationally, but they all were.

good god these people would go nuts if they met anyone from France
even fucking Quebec has guys kissing girls on the cheek to say hello

I think Goro should eat a dick and die tho, and Yukari is still a mega cunt in my eyes.
>we would all do the same
And we'd literslly all get the same justified hate for it

You know, as much as I enjoy FeMC and love P3 I wouldn't want an adaptation of her route. The P3 movies had a lot of flaws, but I feel they were the perfect way to finish the P3 cycle within the series. I with they'd move on and focus on other characters. The end of the game is satisfying enough. We don't need to see more of their future like the shitshow the arena games were.

Is p3 the last smt like persona game we'll ever get? It feels like the perfect follow up to persona 2. Yet 4 and 5 feel like more of the same...but less engaging.

Attached: Thats it.png (400x402, 393K)

Nice blameshift, Yukari called Akihiko and Junpei cowards for not wanting to go back and was the first to propose fighting for the keys, she was literally the cause for all the infighting.
Had she kept her PMS in check no one would have fought anyone

If you hate a character for doing something bad, how do you appreciate a solid villain? Do tragic heros also inspire anger with you?

So you're saying Yukari is a villain then?

user, that doesn't really work. If someone has a bad idea and you decide to go along with that bad idea, you still get some of the blame. The only one responsible for your actions is you. Yukari was the biggest problem, sure, but they weren't being controlled. They weren't being forced to do anything. They went along with it.

Because a solid villain can still be a mega-cunt you despise?
Are you stupid or just pretending?

>tfw well never get character development as good as in p3 in another persona game
>will never get to see junpei go from a cocky wannabe to a total bro for the first time again
>will never get to see aegis' speech paterns become more human as time goes on for the first time again
it aint fair

Attached: 1527531700130.jpg (594x590, 115K)

P5 is more SMT like than fucking 4A.
>Mudo and Hama still one-shot kill
>Phys skills consume HP
>still retains Gun and Demon negotiation (albeit easier)
The only things I'd like to see are different phys attributes like P3/#FE and hybrid element/phys skills.

IIIIIIII
WON'T EVER BACK DOWN
BECAUSE I'M- NOT ALONE ANYYYYYMOREEEE
fucking hell, the last scenes of the 4th movie were fantastic

Attached: d07b9f40-ebf1-486f-ace5-2ca1283a4bb5.jpg (540x437, 44K)

Umm Persona took place in Japan. It's March 6th now. You retards missed it by an entire day.

Why did they take out the three physical types? It's stops you from spamming the same physical move if ineffective.

The part with Akihiko and Junpei was a great idea that should've been part of the game.

Attached: Junpeigoesballisticthengetspunched.webm (800x450, 2.72M)

streamlining and technically closer to SMT but I agree
In P5 there's almost no reason to switch from Joker/Ryuji/Ann/Makoto but in P3 I found myself switching party members just to make use of everyone's different weapons and resistances.
Even fucking Yusuke gets no real gimmicks with his multi-hit skills because it only rolls for crit once as opposed to one roll per hit. I don't even know why they bothered with the distinction since it's not like there's any other on-hit effects to apply.

Virgin vs Chad

Junpei was right though

And yet, it's still a power trip where Personas and shadow stuff don't fucking matter, and the lore could be replaced with "they have super powers" and absolutely nothing would change.

Don't talk about SMT if the only thing you know about it is "it's edgy and you kill God xD"

Attached: 1550277589196.jpg (500x262, 23K)

I'm saying you can like someone as a character despite or even because of something wrong they do and it's shallow character analysis to actually dislike a character on a fundamental level because they faltered.

She can absolutely be perceived as an antagonist during the climax of The Answer. This does not make her a poor character, and certainly does not "ruin" her as some people insist.

Akihiko is the virgin here though, literally, and because Junpei was right. But I feel like those two's differences would make for an interesting conflict and I'm glad the movies picked up on that and made this scene.

>character gets called put
>IQ is so low that his only reaction is going violent
EVERY TIME

>Low IQ
>Akihiko
He can act retarded sometimes but he's not dumb in the slightest during P3.

aren't you all sugar and rainbows

This was a pretty nice P3 thread for modern Yea Forums.
I'm out. Have a moth y'all.

Attached: 1539981662637.jpg (484x370, 17K)

How dare he get emotional after losing the last family he had two months prior and being emotional about everyone's prospect of dying. So dumb.

I agree. This was really nice, Yea Forums. See you on 3/5 next year.

Same. This thread reminds me I'm overdue for a replay.
Still never beat Elizabeth

Thank you, I will take care of it.

Attached: 1547012525751.jpg (448x336, 71K)

Fuck, I didn't ask for these feels.

Attached: 1544137914734.png (444x357, 171K)

God that sounds so dull, my favorite thing to do in p3 is to switch up teams relating to strengths and weaknesses. Good to know that nearly every team works in p5.

>my favorite thing to do in p3 is to switch up teams relating to strengths and weaknesses.
How? The inactive members don't even get Exp.

I grind a shit ton.

I switched the party members because I wanted to see their reactions to one another. I don't really care about that in P5.

P5 doesn't even have the in-dungeon chat thing like in P3 or P4 lol, removed it for no reason

Vic is a pedophile but go off lmao

Assuming that Yukari got her way and somehow went back in time, what are the actual chances that this would fuck over the world? There would probably be conflicts within SEES or some desperate attempt to change history that could lead to them losing against Nyx. But it seems to me that Door-kun mostly carried them through that battle anyway, so it's likely that the final outcome wouldn't change significantly, only with much more grief.
If so, would it have been worth a shot (disregarding selfish motivations or respecting his wishes) purely to try to give the middle finger to fate one last time?

What would even be the point of going back in time? They'd be in the exact same spot they were before Nyx, and door-kun would still have to make the same sacrifice

It does in Mementos but Mementos is fucking garbage anyway so it's wasted

Nah, it's so great to hear "skull, you're pathetic" and "bonafide monafide" all the time. Great character interaction during battle.

F

Source?

Attached: problematic.jpg (344x474, 25K)

>Akira is significantly better than Ren
A) Ren is infinitely better and B) his name is Joker

Ann, huh? I preferred Morgana.

The only objectively shit name is seta souji.

Does being wrong twice in one post cancel each other out? Is this user actually right?

Most likely, yeah. It would be clinging to an even dimmer hope than they had for fighting Nyx.

BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY YEAHHHHHHHHH

I'll close my eyes now. It's been a nice thread, Yea Forums

This was susch a W H O L E S O M E P3 thread guys, and it has been 4 years since my last 3/5 thread, around the same time I gave up on both /smtg/ and /pg/.

probably, sadly

Remembering how much better 4 and 5 are compared to 3.

it's persona 3 day not opposite day

Is it possible to have taste this bad? The only Persona game better than 3 is 2

>The only Persona game better than 3 is 2
how? I guess you love spamming Fusion spells.

If I was playing Persona for the gameplay I'd just play mainline SMT

You play games for the gameplay if you want the story then just watch a walkthrough on youtube.

I never said P2's gameplay was unbearable. People give it a way harder time than it deserves

Old SMT threads were the shit.

Attached: 1332045210238.jpg (1000x795, 692K)

Attached: 1335276052173.jpg (528x396, 96K)

link to one

That ass is drawn so badly

don't like this

Party S.Links were a mistake.

Agreed. P4 and 5 suffer greatly from them, it was nice in P1-3 when the party actually developed throughout the story. Stuff like Jun regretting his actions and JOKER Ulala and Junpei and Akihiko dealing with character deaths would never happen in a modern Persona game

Thing is, I think they're even worse in P3. The problem with S.Links is that most of them seem to require some sort of melodrama. P3 is already full of drama to begin with and everyone develops one way or another anyway, so party S.Links in P3 felt especially superfluous. I especially hate Mitsuru's S.Link with its "oh btw I have a fiance who I don't love" bullshit.

>Persona 3
>Lunchtime
>A whole bunch of people comes up to me and wants to hand out later
aaaaaaa stop it, why can't we just all hang out together instead aaaaa

>cant do more than 1 girls social link or else the others will get jealous
one of my major gripes with p3 that p4 fixed. didnt make any fucking sense and still gets on my nerves to this day.

Attached: 1367793876595.png (277x269, 80K)

nah Mitsuru wouldn't allow him to be low IQ, she makes everyone around her study and succeed

Attached: 1515298517346.jpg (885x1252, 268K)

>and The Answer redone

Just forget it ever existed

Minato isn't a Chad like Yu. Besides, only Mitsuru and Elizabeth matters

What was wrong with the answer?

His name is Makoto Yuki.

>max academics
>apparently that's still not enough and she still sends you to summer school or extra lessons

Attached: 1524766321514.gif (728x408, 1.21M)

No, Makoto is the name of a P5 character. His name is Minato.

Attached: a_bit_closer_to_heaven.png (532x488, 511K)

>P5
get that trash out of here. His name is Makoto Yuki.

are the early persona games worth playing?

Nigga, Japan only has like 8 names in total. You get some overlap.

No. Play a real SMT game lol

Yeah but Makoto Yuki came first

Yes, P2 has the best story and characters of any of them. The gameplay isn't the best but it's not nearly as bad as people say. Play P1 first, the characters in it show up again in P2 and stick around for some plot-related things, especially in P2:EP

It didn't. I tend to lean towards Makoto too, but the manga predates the movies by several years. The manga began serialization in 2007. Movie was first announced in 2012.

Yes
They're not amazing, but they're worth playing for the stories, characters, and lore

>not playing as canon femc and fucking Shinji's brains out and saving his life
Lmao

Before this thread dies, can anyone recommend me anything that's similar in tone/themes as P3? Vidya, movies, any kind of media.
I love everything about the messages and what they conveyed in it.

Attached: Yuuki.Makoto.(PERSONA.3).full.2260297.png (917x700, 370K)

I dunno. Fate/EXTRA?

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant............

Attached: 1550624666190.jpg (1920x1080, 202K)

>I'll do whatever it takes to make sure you're happy!

Survive.

Only if you suckle minato's nuggies first.

I'm talking about Makoto Niijima

Based Fuukanon