Has this game unironically become underrated due to every Journalist shitting on it 24/7 now?

Has this game unironically become underrated due to every Journalist shitting on it 24/7 now?

Attached: BF4437B6-B6D2-4661-8070-880C122E7CE6.png (817x960, 902K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamerevolution.com/review/34145-final-fantasy-vii-review
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Overrated means too many people are rating it dumbass

It was always underrated, even when people said it was overrated

FF6 is the only overrated FF.

honestly who cares, its good game which is obvious from all of its spin offs and even a movie. contrarians and children who werent around to experience it when it was new want to hate it on principal and thats fine, its not for them. it was for us.

> Bbbbbbut FF6!!
Cope

Seething 6tard

>the game has nothing in particular going for it except the period it was released and your experience of it during that time
You really can't step backwards and look at the technical, objective elements?
I mean fuck, I like Tales of Symphonia, but I wouldn't recommend that shit to anybody at this point.
I would recommend Missile Command, or Galaga. You know, video games that fucking hold up by being well designed. You can call VII, or Final Fantasy in general an "experience" as much as you want. It won't change the core design failures, also known as fucking shit tier gameplay with an emphasis on terribly written dialogues and FMVs.
The movi- I mean video game is a disgrace, and was the final major turning point that began with FFIV, although at least that game tried to revolutionize the gameplay and give the player something to do inbetween the nonsensical ramblings that is nippon scenario writing.
If you want to pretend the game is immune to observational criticism because of your feelings then fine, but don't complain when people call you a fucking retard, since you're reducing a game to YOUR experience with it instead of the game itself.
Fucking retard.

They've been shitting on it since the X-Play days, at least.

Beta male journalists are going after Tifa.

It's a 9/10. Always was and always will be no matter what VIfags say.

No chance. Any game as repetitive as a FF game can't be higher than a 6/10

I think game journalists need to shit on the 'old' hot new things in order to sell you the 'new' hot new things.

I don't believe criticisms towards FFVII are genuine.

meh FF is generally trash
SaGa are good Square RPGs

That's because FFVII is full of toxic masculinity and alt-right propaganda which is problematic for today's sensitive, tolerant and progressive society.

Any game that locks you out of content because you advance to the next disc is immediately overrated and shit.

Which?

Attached: download (1).jpg (820x620, 423K)

Is it Aeris or Aerith?

Do journalists really shit on it?

None, they all suck

It was never good, our standards were just a lot lower back then.

I would recommend VII to absolutely anybody right now. If you can't get past the graphics you're a brainlet, it's still a fantastic game.

this

So you haven't played it because that isn't true at all.

The majority of modern gamers play mobile and BR games,their taste cannot get any lower than that.

Not him, but he's kind of right in that a lot of the cheer for FFVII comes from a "you had to be there" perspective owing to the fact that it did a lot of things narratively on a groundbreaking scale that had never really been done before and that games began immediately trying to improve on since then which, for newer gamers, diminishes the appeal of the game that started it all.

Even then, you still get a bevy of people playing it for the first time that come away impressed which is a credit to the inherent charm of the characters, setting and quirky dialogue.

My wife.

Attached: 37104378.png (600x845, 403K)

It was probably overhyped because it was published by sony but it got me and many others into jrpgs. If it didn't succeed, we probably may not have gotten as many amazing jrpgs on the playstation as we did, so I am grateful to it. And its kino and holds up to everyone except graphicsfags.

I dunno I was a PS1 kid, and VII looked clunky as shit even back then. VIII and IX were way more impressive

The one with the nice ass

Lol...look at this faggot.

This bait doesn't even make sense because the game is about "eco-activists" going up against the Big Bad Corporation and Mother Nature shitting on humanity in the end.

If anything it's overrated. It's a great game but in a 3 decades old franchise like Final Fantasy it has competition

you're a huge faggot user, just sayin

Attached: 1469438490904.png (850x464, 690K)

why the fuck do people care about historical consensus in, of all things, videogames? play what you like.

also,
>gaming journalism

ur a faget

cloud is the most beta-nu loved protagonist of all time, replaying the ps1 games made me wonder how i got through this garbage in the first place.

game revolution called it out as another stale anime game, and begrudgingly gave it a B.

fuck it, have a link
gamerevolution.com/review/34145-final-fantasy-vii-review

>only the most refined bing-bing wahoos for me

nu gamers who started gaming more in 7th gen hate final fantasy on principle for whatever reason, but they're the same people who slurp up ubisoft shit and f76 so I can't say I care too much about their garbage opinions.

Thanks, I always wanted to know how gaming heavyweight Nebojsa Radakovic weighed in on FFVII. I'll have to reevaluate my love of the game now.

Exploring and looking for the next random
encounter is not so bad, but the towns and other slow parts can be awful! To
advance past these parts, you must spend hours just walking around ‘talking’
to people. (By the way, this is a CD game so WHY DO I STILL HAVE TO READ TEXT?!)
Ahem. Anyway, being stuck somewhere for hours because you haven’t yet randomly
discovered that you have to talk to the old man three times, after talking to
the child in the street and the lady with the hat, is not fun

What a faggot, Not to mention every 5 words the fucking words

have a random jump in them

for some fucking

reason

>and there is (horror!) no way to turn off the music.

I wanted to drop it after the headline but this is where I truly drop it, ff7 has one of the best OSTs. Guys a pleb.

FF7 looks like shit. What the 3D modeling team was thinking?

>Article released in 98
>0 comments
lel

>hurr why do I have to read
>says the game """"""""""journalist""""""""""

hearing the battle theme for the umpteenh time or the overworld loop endlessly gets tedious no matter how good they initially are.

Aerith iirc has a big ass.
But on the other hand, Tifa's athletic plus big tits, and long dark brown, almost black hair, it's a win for me.

Yes, it flipped. It's now criminally shat upon.

FINAL FANTASY 7 IS SHIT

because MGS set the standard in '98
Not to mention that lara croft, syphon filter, ape escapd and many more were fully voiced. It was groundbreaking at the time and Final Fantasies didn't improve until a gen later

And most early voice acting was fucking dogshit, and still is.

they at least tried.
And many were actually pretty good.

I played FF7 for the first time in 2014 and it holds up really well. It's just a solid RPG and the Materia system is cool.

those games are also massively smaller than any of the ps1 RPG's

Nobody cares what Journalist think. Real fans don't give a fuck either. Only zoomer trash care about scores/reviews by cunts. They base how a good game buy a score instead of playing the game. Not that zoomers know what a GOOD game is i'm not surprised at all.
Yea Forums is full of sad losers who can't play video games unless it's something like apex or pubg.

This.

it is still the best rpg of all time and will never be surpassed.

no try-hard gaming "journalists" or any other people will be able to change THIS FACT.

People were 2cool for it even back when it was released. It's not a new thing.

Too bad FF7 is actually trash

Attached: E0EA7522-C19E-4C1E-94C9-BE7E6A69230F.jpg (1024x576, 517K)

Which is funny because everyone I know who thinks like that is actually a faggot with no girl or little confidence anyways.

This is legitimately 70% the truth most of time I swear.

I agree with you completely, especially on the FFIV point, but brainlets will be brainlets.

Attached: 1429668204852.jpg (512x384, 26K)

6 is based simply because it has some of the best class variety of any FF title.

>a gambler class
>a mimic class
>an artist class
>an engineer class
>a fighter class that has command inputs for his special moves
>a ninja class that makes heavy use of your inventory

I could go on and on, it's great. It's also one of the few FFs where the villain gets to accomplish their goals.

>i hate this game for being what it says it is and not want I prefer it to be

I wss born in 1998 I have no nostalgia for this game and I loved it

When do people shit on this game? 7 is great and I think mostly everyone aside from some contrarians disagree

Most of VI's cast are just the jobs from past games transplanted onto singular characters. At most Realm and Gau are the most unique of the bunch, and they tended to be useless more often than not.

I was babby when it came out and didnt play it until 2010ish in high school, and it still ended up being one of the best games I've ever played. It definitely transcends it's time for people who dont go into it looking for reasons to hate it either because it's old or they wanna be edgy and shit on a game everyone loves

I played it first in 1997 and it always gives me a comfy feeling to read about people still falling in love with it nowadays.

The absolute state of 2019

Aside from not liking turn-based combat I dont see how people cant fall in love with it, it's such a good goddamn game

Lol, what a queer
>Missle command
>well designed
LOLOLOLOLOLOL go back to fucking bed, gramps.

Not true, but if that's even the case just mute the tv

You're wrong, everyone but Sabin essentially becomes mages

FF6 kind of stole its thunder over the years as the series' darling. It kind of makes sense, though. SNES games have aged better than PS1 games on average.

I mean, the pre-rendered backgrounds and overworld in FFVII look better than anything in VI. The only real problem FFVII has aesthetically is how the character models clash with said backgrounds.