Untitled

Attached: 57E62613-3532-43E9-915D-5DC0DDDF5D2F.jpg (542x583, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TYFQ4LTqYWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IE7GCwyKH6o&t=90
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWQd8zhEg4
youtube.com/watch?v=JdzN72AXXCM
youtube.com/watch?v=5MHLBb6HtRI
youtube.com/watch?v=qo5075Ok-Tw
youtu.be/1ocgU8fbAjk
youtu.be/eL0Tim6ZRTI
youtube.com/watch?v=TULhvcFkqDY
youtu.be/RVrFBWT3gFM?t=44
youtube.com/watch?v=1X3ua68IAUk
youtube.com/watch?v=xU3dfRgLCIw
youtube.com/watch?v=vsEfUJA6NTo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6_2pgtAErMo
web.archive.org/web/20180814163124/https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/04/20/japanese-fans-react-to-the-tiger-bunny-english-dub
youtu.be/tEXurYaIHao
youtu.be/FmE76l2bZtA
youtu.be/h7SpXGz-XOc
youtu.be/1XqR4D8IgFs
youtube.com/watch?v=0CFFkV7Zlds
youtube.com/watch?v=9N6cKqBJzsY
youtube.com/watch?v=XP5lz2CYNR4
youtu.be/fy9ob72nzeg?t=22
twitter.com/AnonBabble

so whats the point of claiming that niggers existed in medieval europe anyway

I wish you could disable both voices desu.

I LOVE KIRA BUCKLAND AND I LOVE HIYOKO SAIONJI!

I once drove eight hours to give her a biiiiig hug!

You have to coddle them so they don't chimp out about "representation"

japanese 2b:
reserved and focused, opens up only after character development
english 2b:
Whoa kowabunga bro chili dogs *insert quip here* oh brother not again good grief

>Kira Buckland
straight up tranny tier. It's depressing that we rarely have any cute American voice actresses. Most of them end up looking like goblins

I am still baffled that they managed to cast and direct a main character worse than localized Zero.
It's unreal how a single woman basically ruined a whole game.

Yui is cute with her mouth closed. Soon as she opens it up, you see the most awful teeth that God has ever made for anyone.

>japanese women
>not looking like goblins

Attached: billy.jpg (504x381, 14K)

I think its a cute imperfection

Can't have them anymore because of the union in VA and the fact that the anime dub industry is all just a huge network of nepotism. That why you see the same 4 dykes voicing every fucking MC in anime now.

Attached: 1543766499401.jpg (877x707, 536K)

What? At least complain about 9S if you want to complain about something in the english casting. The voicework is top notch anyways.

Attached: automata oof.jpg (1920x1080, 311K)

Imagine caring what voice actresses look like, there's a reason they are doing voice work.

Runka Chunk

I wonder how Spazzkid feels now?

Who the fuck cares what the voice delivery machine looks like. Get over yourselves.

I don't speak japanese,so I played with the english version.Also the japansse dub is always so melodramatic.
Any fucking questions?
Any fucking questions?

They just need to undergo massive plastic surgery like all Japanese ones do.

>The voicework is top notch anyways.

Attached: 1537774020260.png (142x340, 49K)

Talking about subtitles, its a simple translation complaint. The translation is considerably less dramatic than the japanese audio to the point where it's genuinely not accurate in conveying tone. I've never turned on English audio and never will.

>people unironically defend RUNKACHUNK
What the FUCK happened?

t.ranny

Attached: IMG_4789.png (425x635, 228K)

I think 9S did a great job in the dub actually.

His descent into madness was honestly really well done.

I always found it fascinating how he shat on Rina and Kirb yet they ended up in a better position than him.

They want to funk her chunks

There is no good dub, in anime or video games, ever
Every time some retard say "I agree with this but the dub in X is really good" they are wrong

Japanese voice acting will always be superior because of the difference in work ethic and effort put into it

Horribly wrong

Attached: Metal Gear Rising_ Revengeance.jpg (600x800, 528K)

youtube.com/watch?v=TYFQ4LTqYWQ

Explain this.

I bet rina's gonna kill herself if she doesn't get the role of Jolyne

That's chunking disgusting.

>now

It's been like that for over a decade not to mention most voice directors are also VAs.

Who cares if she looks like a pig that got hit in the face with a shovel as long as she has a good voice and can act with it?

OH NO NO NO

Attached: 5BD2DA0A-353A-462B-8776-2546C1EB480E.jpg (342x589, 207K)

Until you smell the gingvitis

Yeah, he gets better as the story goes.

There's barely any meaningful difference in tone of the two Zeroes', fucking animepro tryhard.

Nearly all 80s/90s games and anime are better dubbed.

Attached: 1519146590755.jpg (1080x1350, 163K)

>japan and skorea are the same place

Attached: 1551268778252.png (356x352, 197K)

Seriously why do I want to marry the english VA so badly?
She seems so fucking cute

>I care about how VOICE actors look

Attached: 1533760214770.png (203x254, 96K)

Ty for proving my point?
No

At least it's not a tranny.
English voice of Futaba is actually pretty decent. Problem with Yuuki Aoi's voice is that I keep ejaculating all over my apartment whenever she opens her cute, tiny, little inviting mouth.

She'd be way better without all the makeup, honestly.

I wish they were

Attached: 1550984591387m.jpg (1024x576, 136K)

>There's barely any meaningful difference in tone of the two Zeroes'

Attached: 1524377521170.png (1668x1636, 136K)

>I played Automata in Japanese
Might as well just come out and say that you're a filthy waifufag who only played it to jack off to 2B and didn't actually play Nier or Drakengard

>now you're just being nasty uhueuehuHHAHAHAHa XD
quinton flynn has always been shit

God i love Yuuki, post some pictures of her i need them for reasons.

Wanna hear how I know that you did not play a single metal gear in japanese?

Attached: 9FB55B93-A8BD-43BE-A30D-232837C47E33.gif (480x360, 2.47M)

>nearly all
Okay.
youtube.com/watch?v=IE7GCwyKH6o&t=90

Attached: caim angelus snuggling.png (1682x1190, 2.18M)

Nigger nose

Attached: 10760.jpg (225x350, 38K)

Why do all English speaking female voice actors sound so annoying?

Yeah I normally dont like makeup but I meant her personality seems so cute too

Tell me what that has to do with MGR's dub being GOAT. Unless you're going to try to say this is bad
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWQd8zhEg4

>implying runkachunk is a good va

Attached: 1551803458660.png (343x292, 130K)

>Why do all female voice actors regardless of language sound so annoying
ftfy
Men are always better in every language

>not liking weird noses

Attached: cyuw4gkv0j501.jpg (1000x667, 56K)

Japanese can't dub for shit.The reason why people say jap dub is better here is because the writting was japanese mad and it "fits" japanese dub.When it comes to Resident Evil 7(who had non-japanese writters) and any Metal Gear game(who had a westaboo writter) the english dub fits perfectly while the japanese one is melodramatic

Oh, she's probably super cool, yeah. Just not a fan of the makeup.

So your argument, which was "there are better english dubs that the original" is based on the fact that you like this dub and can not even compare it to the original because you did not play it.
Sounds like a solid argument you underage nigger.

weebs are mentally ill

literally the only argument Ive ever heard for why sub is better for YYH is kuwabaras pronunciation of urameshi, like that would be a dealbreaker, most white people wouldnt have been able to tell if the internet hadnt told them it was wrong

For people so obsessed with reading weebs sure have abysmal reading comprehension.

Ok that's true but at least japanese females can sound cute and don't have the weird nasal way of speaking that literally all English speaking women have. Native English speaking men have probably grown immune to their women's annoying voices and think they sound normal.

I played in nip so I don't have to hear fucking runkafunk

Why are western women so goddamn disgusting

Absolutely fucking wrong

Attached: TAKYON.jpg (500x329, 68K)

>which was "there are better english dubs that the original"
Except it wasn't, YOUR original argument was "There is no good dub, in anime or video games, ever"
Which is demonstrably wrong.

OH NONO NO AAAAhahahahaHAHGAAAAAH

WESTERN SHILLKEKS SJWS BTFO LIBERAL TRUNP KEK FUCK NIGGA TRANNY GOBLIN DESU DUB JAPAN AMERICA UGLY CHINK! Upvoted my friend!

Attached: D5BA0ACC-92E3-406B-A2D5-DB2F835F9604.jpg (750x865, 406K)

It's not a dub when it's the original language the game was written in.

>but at least japanese females can sound cute
Sorry weeb but no, they're all shit.

Kira Buckland and her english script legit ruined 2B as a character

>"who cares about looks as long as the voice is good"
>it isn't good tho
>"LOL CAN'T READ"

BASED JAPAN. How will western game devs EVER RECOVER

>xenoshit
YIKES

Sure,doesn't change the fact that both were made in a sound recording studio and had the same level of acess to the script

that's one of the best parts though you absolute tastelet

>Every time some retard say "I agree with this but the dub in X is really good" they are wrong

>Japanese voice acting will always be superior because of the difference in work ethic and effort put into it
Maybe try to read more then one line next time.
And you saying that you like the meme voice acting in this game is not a demonstration.

Case in point

Yeah, it's really silly. The dub just has a lot more impact and personality.

English Angelus voice > japanese angelus voice.

Attached: angelus soft body.jpg (1000x2080, 1.1M)

Should I play with english or jap voices?

Better than English speaking women. Do you only consume games and anime with male characters or something?

that's pretty sad then

since KlK IF is getting a dub this counts as vidya related

Attached: 6AE07B5D-3786-46E9-87C6-529A9D03994A.jpg (365x581, 185K)

>>Every time some retard say "I agree with this but the dub in X is really good" they are wrong
Irrelevant to this argument, because I'm not agreeing.
>>Japanese voice acting will always be superior because of the difference in work ethic and effort put into it
Has nothing to do with this argument, something being superior (even for laughably wrong reasons like yours) does not make other thing bad.
Learn to read.

>hating dubs

Attached: 1548766495685.jpg (1920x1080, 154K)

Cromartie High School
prove me wrong

I'm not really that fond of her work, but goddamn Yuuki Aoi is fucking cute.
IMAGINE

Play Drakengard and Nier instead, with English voices of course.

Automata? Just pick whichever you feel more natural. Both are good and you'll be relying on the translated text anyways. I played with english dub and I had no issues about it.

Attached: Angelus_and_Caim.jpg (374x662, 30K)

then what were you saying?

I think you're confusing actual weebs with ironic weebs.

Japan does. I'm pretty sure Aoi Yuuki only gets work because she looks like a child.

Attached: 21093480912409.png (657x491, 232K)

They're one and the same.

>I don't like what you say so I am going to cherry pick words out of a full argument to fit my narrative

Attached: 1550053550332.jpg (247x284, 25K)

When will Kirbopher finally fuck off?

Attached: 1549814391094.jpg (640x624, 26K)

Exactly my friend! Upvoted, friendo! Those silly Japanese and their OOF games! Truly a YIKES, from all directions! Oho, my sweet summer child! You deserve gold, my friend!

>this dub is funneh because they have funny accents xD
You can fuck right off with that shit. XB's dub is ok at best, and XB2's is a fucking disgrace.

My post did not express any opinion on runkachunk's ability as a VA and OP was clearly just comparing how they look for shitposting points.

>work ethic and effort
You wanna know how I know you're an underaged weeb that loves seasonal anime and stereotypical roles repeated forever and ever?

damn that jap looks hot

>shit taste posting some meme nigger
pottery

If you're not japanese fluent,don't bother playing a video game in japanese dub.You could say ''but what about anime,do you also watch anime in english dub?''No,because english dubs get released much later than the original release

>he thinks all those idols and models dont undergo the knife
The average Japanese women looks like a goblin too.

Japanese dubs only sound better to you because you don't know the language.
While this isn't a defense for all English dubs. It's just that there's a reason you feel like that.

I played it in Japanese and after hearing 2B in Soul Calibur because I can't be assed to change the voices,I don't regret it one bit.

It just doesn't feel right

Attached: NieRAutomata 2017-06-04 17-05-22-59.jpg (3200x1800, 475K)

No, you ARE confusing them.

>work ethic and effort

Attached: 1479637606139.png (400x350, 238K)

>post two different arguments and try to hide when you get called out on one of them
Don't sully Char with your shitposting nigger

>funny accents
How are they funny accents? They're real accents with real acting that is FAR superior to the chingchong bingbong moonspeak shit that comes out of Japan

>muh work ethic
XB1 has a cast full of classically trained theatre actors with actual credits so that won't fly

If you think anything japanese is good watch this two videos

youtube.com/watch?v=JdzN72AXXCM

youtube.com/watch?v=5MHLBb6HtRI

Attached: christian-bale-american-psycho-gif-13.gif (380x243, 1.88M)

this
also games are meant to be immersive; how immersive is random gibberish everywhere? not much
in anime it's different

>Being this much of an unironic weeb
you downsyndrome fuck

Yeah, I said the dub was ok, I didn't call it shit at all. The original voices are still better, sorry, man.

Oi, got a loicense for dat seething m8?

>Japanese voice acting is go-
youtube.com/watch?v=qo5075Ok-Tw

Based. FUCK SEED, FUCK THE FREEDOM GUNDAM AND FUCK KIRA YAMATO.

t. retard

only loiscence i have is a loiscence to stick my prick in ya mums muff m8

he's right tho.

I learned moon for anime and games. Feels good not having to rely on western earrape.

Why does a voice actors looks matter?

>Drakengard
It's been so long since I read that name I forgot Nier is actually part of the franchise.

>Japanese dubs only sound better to you because you don't know the language
Liiterally autism

Attached: 7415210521052104.jpg (1624x1080, 113K)

Based, western cucks on suicide watch.

Always watch media in its original language. No matter the language. Except Chinese or Korean. That shit hurts my fucking ears.

>I learned moon for anime and games
Unironic yikes, I hope you didn't actually go to any classes to spare people the embarrassment.

Classes are for casuals and not required for language learning. At least not for learning to read and listen. I also have a STEM dayjob.

Actually BASED.
Fuck visiting Japan or speaking Japanese, I just don't want to be weighed down by the cucks that translate video games.

Are you also a tranny?

>not being true patrician and playing MGS in german dub

youtu.be/1ocgU8fbAjk

Attached: karl-lagerfeld-in-paris-im-november-2018.jpg (854x480, 66K)

Look up Aoi Yuuki

Attached: 1423983139936.jpg (600x800, 524K)

he's right tho

stupid weebs

Reminder that Aoi Yuuki is a pedophile who likes to fuck little boys
youtu.be/eL0Tim6ZRTI

Nice

Nope.

>understand japanese
>listen to the japanese
>its just as cringe as the english

I mean some games are worth complaining about, but automata is about equal.

German is a shitty ass language and they should be fucking ashamed for not abandoning for English entirely.

no, it's literally autism if you can't tell how good a voice sounds based on the voice alone

Who gives a shit what the VA looks like? Kratos was voiced by two black dudes.

Her Shuten voice is pure sex.

Attached: aoiyuuki141010a.jpg (600x315, 23K)

I'm a native English speaker and I passed JLPT N1 years ago. Japanese dubs are usually better in terms of performance as well. This trite "you juts don't know the language argument!" argument ironically stems from people who likewise don't know Japanese and are therefore just making assumptions while not knowing enough about the language to actually tackle crucial aspects like the performance itself. It actually is acted better, at the very least in JRPGs and games with blatantly Japanese setting since cheapo western union VAs don't generally don't know how to cope with acting in a stylized setting they're not used to so they just wing it and hope their bizarre voice choices and cheesy delivery would get the job done. The standards for western voice acting for niche products like anime video games is ridiculously low and I have no idea how people even attempt to infer otherwise.

Spoilers, naturally.
youtube.com/watch?v=TULhvcFkqDY

Honestly, the only major differences in tone I get are with Pod 042, the machine network manifestations and maybe A2 a tiny bit.

Attached: 20190303010857_1.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

>"god I fucking hate dubs, there's no such thing as a good one"
>posts the most bottom of the barrel waifushit to try and prove their point
Weebs need to be gassed so the rest of us fine connoisseurs of the best entertainment Japan has to offer can enjoy ourselves in peace, and I mean that 100% unironically.

It's one of the few roles I like.
I also fucking hate fateshit with a passion.

The Jap looks more like a tranny.

Nice.

youtu.be/RVrFBWT3gFM?t=44

It's not just the voice, they changed the script so 2B feels like a different character in English.

Never got the affection for jap girls. None of her features are attractive.

Attached: architecture.jpg (1024x576, 391K)

>I understand basic Japanese so it makes it okay!
The difference is if you actually listen to real Japanese people you realize how dumb the VAs are.

>I mean that 100% unironically.
I'm glad you said that, I wouldn't be able to masturbate if your baby rage wasn't 100% genuine.

Attached: 1408213667384.png (335x409, 197K)

I came here for Kira lewds. Where they at?

youtube.com/watch?v=1X3ua68IAUk

Attached: 1485951782485.gif (500x332, 415K)

he is one of those
unironic weebs

Neither do I, I consume mostly Jap media yet I do not have yellow fever. I blame how Metal Gear is as close to weeb shit as I get.

Day of the old bald man soon, waifushitter.

I agree with you.
Dubs are fucking shit, though.

Real english speaking people don't sound like professional VAs either, what's your point?

Yellowfever anons just like japanese women on the internet.

Normal japanese women are horrible.

>real people don't talk like video game characters
No shit?

Probably on a BBW site

Japanese Goku is better than dudebro eng Goku.

I have to say her Fang was the best attempt at an Australian accent I've heard from an American.

Yeah this is so much better in English.
Dragon Ball is fucking normalfag shit, user.

Why bother arguing if you just barely understand what you're talking about? I never implied Japanese voice acting sounds like IRL Japanese. It absolutely doesn't. Neither do many pieces of voice acting in other languages, and many such instances are performed well because realism isn't the only metric for quality delivery, especially not in esoteric fantasy RPGs.

You know jackshit about voice acting or Japanese. Piss off.

Ah the usual DB fag posting the one questionable dub ever over a mountain of badly dubbed trash. I really wish the west had better V/A in my games so I could use em but outside a few names here and there its a mess. Western games are usually fine though.

youtube.com/watch?v=xU3dfRgLCIw
youtube.com/watch?v=vsEfUJA6NTo
>there's people that don't find any difference between those two

2B's JP voice is so good

I heard she was a pussy in the Japanese one, easily going to play that one when I replay it.

Also true. Weebs just overconsume Japanese media to the point where they think that's what it actually sounds like. They also forget that the Japanese can't fucking act to save their lives.

>arguing about the looks of voice actors
>when they're all 3dpd

Attached: F361FCEE-12A2-48BC-AF03-C111F2B0F983.jpg (598x900, 149K)

I'm sorry but a race as cucked as J*ps trying to sound badass always sound terrible.

I still can't believe Rina-chan landed a job in the industry.

Yeah but which ones? I wanna see that shit

>I heard she was a pussy in the Japanese one
The fuck?

>loving KH

Enough tantrums for today, go to bed soon.

Fucking disgrace TC got canned.

Jokes on you I can get off on this

""""""people"""""" will defend this.

>when you've eaten a forbidden fruit of knowledge

>Weebs just overconsume Japanese media to the point where they think that's what it actually sounds like.
Nobody ever made this argument. If you don't have an argument to tackle beyond one that doesn't exist, don't post at all. Using the only language you know as an example: English voice acting doesn't sound like real conversation either and that's not an argument against its quality because that has fuckall to do with the quality of the delivery in a fantasy setting.

If Japanese voice acting is so prestigious why do the most kino Japanese videogames use English voice acting even in their homeland, while Japanese voice acting is reserved for weebshit?

Attached: HIGHWAY.gif (584x480, 1.06M)

>both are doing shitty overplayed take on the local stereotypical "badass delinguent" -voice

My personal preference is that voices should reflect the setting of the game. Even fictional languages like Monster Hunter are preferable to Jp/ENG. Generally speaking, you can also be sure certain groups of actors will kill it.

Anything made by Suda51 can be expected to have a semi-godly performance from the leads. No More Heroes is best in English. Killer7 has some goofy lines from Mask but otherwise I fucking love the English voicework.

I'm an actor myself, and this stuff is constantly on my mind. It's very hard to strike the right balance on this sort of thing but you can eventually figure out what sounds better in what language. Stating that a single language is universally superior is a mistake.

Attached: 1548380487457.png (876x493, 143K)

Why did they use a screeching grandmother for him in the first place?

Fucking hell.
user...how?

Attached: 54645646.jpg (640x405, 34K)

>2019
>can't speak japanese
大草原

Attached: 1549286418009.gif (543x533, 415K)

Why do all jap women have such a strong overbite?

Attached: bix nood.jpg (600x500, 81K)

>There is no good dub, in anime or video games, ever
Based and redpilled. Everyone telling you otherwise is WRONG.

can we all agree that brit voice acting is the absolute bottom of the pit of quality

Damn I wish I saw your post before I made mine posts later. Good to see the opinion is shared.

Pretty simple
>game made by certain country in fictional world
>play it in that language
>game set in country
>play it in that countries language
It makes metro really enjoyable and even though they're fairly pleb tier the assassins creed games benefit from it too

Nobody will defend the SN6 dub, just like nobody will defend this

If She keeps the blindfold on and stays in character

Yep I haven't visited it either. Seems expensive.

Because the reverse of this thread. Chinks think it sounds exotic just like weebs think chinks sound exotic.

>I'm an actor myself
What type of acting? VA work? Theater?

He's probably that gay furry VA that gets all of those Nintendo gigs.

I don't really get the dub vs. sub argument. I know everyone's talking about the attractiveness of VAs. But I really play games about 50/50 in Japanese and English.

マジウケるwww

poor bait as usual

Attached: golden-boy-D_NQ_NP_625457-MEC27446769908_052018-F.jpg (640x950, 185K)

Here, I fixed your sexist design

Attached: 1551776336583.jpg (1270x628, 135K)

She had some really fucked-up teeth before she had them fixed a few years ago
I would be the one needing the blindfold honestly

Attached: su.png (643x647, 830K)

The fuck are you talking about? Weebs learning Jap from media, opening their mouths and embarrassing themselves is older than this website.
"doesn't exist" my ass, it's a STAPLE of weebery to have your language skills be entirely based on watching too much anime and playing jrpgs.

>English voice acting doesn't sound like real conversation
You're wrong about that too. You should play more of those moviegames.

Look at YT comments.

No but they're extremely overrated.
Souls games have typically excellent voice work, Manga UK's Patlabor dubs are masterpieces and the XB1 dub is goofy in all the right ways, but then you have absolute garbage like the Wakfu dub pre-S3 and Fatal Frame V. People like to point out FFXII's dub as an example of great British VA but that's actually mostly the typical American VAs with some stage actors sprinkled in there.
The actual bottom of the barrel are southeast Asian dubs.

I do musical theater, VO, and whatever else I can get involved with. My preferred medium is definitely voice because there are more opportunities to be more than yourself than traditional acting allows.

WEST BAD
JAP GOOD

>missing the point of the overly prettified doll-look symbolism
>make her a pirate captain / steampunk adventurer instead

He's probably the cuck in blacked videos.

coping

Attached: female stereotypes comparison.jpg (1134x596, 390K)

Congratulations you're relatively normal and well-adjusted

left design: millions of copies sold, one of the most recognizable characters of the last decade of gaming.

right design: dyke pirate that nobody likes

>Toobie
Yes, well done OP. HOWEVER

Attached: NieRAutomata 2019-03-02 03-04-04-49.jpg (3840x2160, 773K)

So you are that gay furry

Why do you weebs lack self awareness? Even if you were a Japanese person, to say this just sounds stupid.

What? No.

Yeah in pretty much every voice acting circumstance. Just because you put it in all caps doesn't make it somehow wrong.

Fuck up Sean. We all know you're the only VA who turns up around here.

>explain that the japanese VA industry is entirely different from the west and way more ruthless when it comes to talent and the work it needs to get in
>Literally no arguments, just MUH WEEBS
How did Yea Forums get this bad?

Attached: NieRAutomata 2019-03-01 22-43-03-34.jpg (3840x2160, 831K)

Nia isn't a vidya character.

fuck off back to Yea Forums weeb

Shulk and Alvis are the only ones that approach being better than the original. And the issues is that they still CHANGE the personalities of the characters, altering the story the director was trying to tell.

>mfw Funimation just showed how eager english VAs are to stab eachother in the back

Attached: 1543148221568.jpg (1077x1009, 132K)

>what is yu yu hakusho and DBZ

I've met a few actors here myself so I can assure you that isn't correct. I am also not Sean.

Attached: shaggy-rogers-the-scooby-doo-show-2.31.jpg (210x240, 16K)

Attached: NieRAutomata 2019-03-01 23-28-43-74.jpg (3840x2160, 147K)

White women look like trannies

Obsessed as fuck

>way more ruthless when it comes to talent and the work it needs to get in
The thing is that isn't remotely true and is a Gaia-tier argument based on misconceptions.

>YYH
>Better dubbed
fucking yikes.

>yikes

What happened?

>English version sounds like a woman
>Jap version sounds like a tranny

What point was this supposed to prove again?

>weebs love Vic after spending two decades shitting on him now because he's "based and sticking it to the libs"
YIKES

>people will shit on this God tier performance because "NOT MUH HONOURABUL NIPPON"

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6_2pgtAErMo

I feel bad for you plebeians

>english va looks like she fucks black guys
>jap vs looks like she fucks white guys

conflicted.

honestly why does the anime/video game industry still hire english va's to voice japanese media? they constantly demand more money while doing a shit job. why can't the industry just stick to japanese va?

The funny thing is that on the rare occasion a dub makes its way back to Japan the reaction tends to be mostly positive.
web.archive.org/web/20180814163124/https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/04/20/japanese-fans-react-to-the-tiger-bunny-english-dub

Yo real shit that whole debacle made me nothing but paranoid. I have consistently been worried about that kind of behavior. I don't trust most people I meet who are "actors" outside of legitimate grassroots community theater people who aren't secretly also scheming.

The really sad thing is, he's right.
For a dub, the voicework is top notch.
... For a dub.

>'weebs' are one person
Simply epic.

Vic gets into people's personal space at cons, but he does nothing wrong.

So naturally rosaries decided to ruin his life with false accusations, and the other Funi VAs were all to eager to throw his conservative ass under the bus

because normalfags and ironic weebs demands it

Because weebs on Yea Forums do not remotely represent the consumer base as a whole.

>conservative
Obsessed. Were all the #metoos about fucking over conservatives too?

Ironic weebs only watch HorribleSubs rips of seasonal garbage though

You should learn to read, then you wouldn't have to do that any more.

Oh, that. Yeah that shit was retarded, I'm pretty sure even the people he was supposedly pictured "harassing" said he didn't do anything wrong.

Yikes
See

youtu.be/tEXurYaIHao
youtu.be/FmE76l2bZtA

Attached: 7C7CD0301AB94AA58E8CFC84971910BB.jpg (540x720, 33K)

It literally isn't. Being even an anime VA is a respected job over there, to the point where theres a whole sub-culture and psuedo celebrity following surrounding them, and they earn way more than the animators and even directors. There are numerous VA schools where they are fucking trained to meet the high standards because the competition is massive and most get their dreams crushed rarely getting their foot in the door at all. It's far different from the likes of western VA where anime and video game jobs or often just gigs for people that are finding it hard to move up or get into better acting work. Call it Gaia-tier if you want, but it's the hard truth.

Why does no one who says this ever name any of these "same 5/10/whatever" VAs who are supposedly in everything? Oh wait, it's because you know you're full of shit and will be exposed as soon as you try to actually substantiate your argument.

Tell me this is not real

>Being even an anime VA is a respected job over there
AHAHAHAHA
You don't think anything otaku latch on to is actually respected in Japan do you?

>NO! AMERICA DOES COMEDY RIGHT FUCK WEEB COMEDY
loving every laugh

>cherrypicking this hard
Want me to pull up the Japanese dub of Beast Wars that completely butchered the writing and characterization to turn into a preschooler gag show?

Correct. There's been not a single actual shred of proof that hasnt been debunked in days. Its quite frustrating to watch. Hes lawyered up now though so thats coo

2B is also a fucking cunt to 9S early in the game. At least the subtitles make her out to be one with shit like her getting pissed at 9S and saying something mean when all she did in jp is a concerned grunt

Also Kira Buckland is an awful actress

Yeah, you're just proving that the original language is always the best option.
What was your point again?

>VA is a respected job over there, to the point where theres a whole sub-culture and psuedo celebrity following surrounding them
You're getting maniac otaku mixed up with normal people. Normal people have no idea who these people are nor do they give a fuck.

that just supports the notion that dubbing and localization are cancer and the best way to consume any media is in the original language

I doubt you'll find any jp dubs that inserted shitty socpol memes into the script for no reason.

Dunban is far better in English. "B-but muh Vegeta" is not an argument to the contrary. He sounds like a little bitch in Japanese.

Game was made with japanese audience in mind which is more predisposed to anime-like designs and writting.The japanese dub fits because of that.The english dub doesn't do a bad job,it works because it is a language more widely spoken than japanese

Do you watch Kurosawa movies dubbed too?

absolutely bogpilled

But I thought Japan's voice acting was amazing and that they could do no wrong?

shit game who cares

The English dub is bad, but that's not ad much of a prssing issue as the fact that the English script is awful and genuinely butchers the characters

No? The original language is always the best option. You don't see american movies in other languages, nor do you watch foreign movies dubbed in english.

So we agree that dubs are shit? Good

The job of being a voice actor for anime is generally the bottom of the barrel here in America.

Union rates are 200 an hour.
Anime is usually non-union.

Unlike anime garbage Kurosawa movies actually have good acting. Totally unrelated fun fact, Kurosawa styled his directing off of western film and not garbage Japanese trash.

In what way.2B went from kuudere to tsudere in both dubs.9S is the same in both dubs,A2 is the best in english dub.There's no charaterization that is hurt because of the english dub,not to mention the machines sound better aswell

We are talking relatively her, comparing to western VAs. You don't need to be a maniac otaku to know who fucking Sugita or Kobayashi Yuu are or the fact that they've been on TV many times and exposed to the general public on mainstream shows. That's far more than I can say for their western counterparts.

No they don't. The dub voice actors don't have access to the actual script, they have the translated script, which also introduces a whole bunch of failure points.
Almost nothing can be translated perfectly between languages, nuance is always lost or distorted, and that's why dubs are always worse than the original language. The almost universally bad voice acting is just some extra shittiness on top of what's bad about dubs.

Other way around dipshit, western filmmakers styled themselves off of him.

oh no no no bros

Attached: f6c5da2a-1c3a-4baf-9b57-ff223f9c3277.png (554x490, 224K)

It's not just that but the dialogue has to be cut to fit the overdubbing of the original mouth movements. Meaning an important scene can be totally lost due to word count pressure.

>You don't see american movies in other languages
Tell that to Japan, they dub literally everything yet I don't see any weebs whining about that.

AHAHAHAH

Attached: HALEY-JOEL-1300752.jpg (590x883, 79K)

HJO does NOT look like that nowadays, laddie. He's also fucking shit after 2.

2b is never tsun in the original script and she's never kuu in the English script
The machines sound like shit, they sound too much like actual people. P

No, I don't watch actually well acted and directed works dubbed. Anime vidya cutscenes are not high art no matter how much you to fuck a waifu.

Aside from the fact that you keep repeating points that have been proven wrong
>the machines sound better aswell
Aoi Yuuki Pascal.

Yeah, every country dubs literally everything so normalfags can watch it.
What was your point again?

>b-but what about live action dubs?

Every fucking time. It's not the same thing and you know it.

Actual yikes
Do the slightest bit of research before trying to act like a big brain patrician.

Kuudere is a character that hides her emotions under a calm and collected speech

i like how retards post this shit when they where changed a long time ago

>muh badass voice
The absolute state of dubfags. English Dunban is so fucking stilted while simultaneously being obnoxiously tryhard. The original was meant to be the old and busted hero dealing with being more of a caretaker role. He's meant to have the passionate flair that slips between his usually calm demeanor when things get real and you can feel that in his voice. The english absolutely fucks that up and the original character is lost.

The english dub misrepresents important lines of dialogue and gives you a different impression of characters than the japanese script does. It does it in a way that is completely unnecessary and completely avoidable. This has been discussed a million times. I don't know why people keep talking in circles about this.

Okay, so you're just a pleb pretending you've watched any foreign film in your life.

Why does Haley Joel Osment look more asian than the jap?

Uh you just said the exact opposite there buddy.

so you admit that the dub is shit since it's only worth using if you dont care about the story and are just too lazy to read? Thanks for agreeing

>The english dub misrepresents important lines of dialogue and gives you a different impression of characters than the japanese script does.
No it doesn't.

>He's also fucking shit after 2.
KH3 is his best performance by far though.

that jap looks like a chad

Which is what 2b is in the original script. In the English script she acts like a cunt at the start, IE a tsundere

Huh?
All countries dub foreign movies and shows so normalfags can watch them.

Because you're a fucking retarded weeb.You're literally reading the subtitles not actually hearing the japanese characters talking and interpreting them.You do know what they say in japanese is not translated 1:1 to subtitles right?While in english you know what they actually say and if it fits with the subtitles

There are at least four leaps in logic here, impressive.

Fuck off Yea Forums crossboarder.

>I CAN'T UNDERSTAND A LICK OF WEEBANESE SO NO ONE ON THE INTERNET CAN
B A S E D

JP version
>hey 2b do you want to have kids someday
>embarrased "no"
ENG
>hey 2b lets fuck and make babies
>ew perv stop talking to me ugh #gross
Yep same characterization

Only ones made for kids or plebs, IE, the people who use dubs.

>they're REAL accents
You do know there are regional accents in Japan too, yes? What am I saying, of course the ironic weeb doesn't know.

The dialogue itself was also changed you fucking idiots. It was altered from the original japanese. Anyone that knows even a bit of the langage can tell that they changed that shit for absolutely no reason, basically altering the original characters/story of the people that actually made the game. How are people still finding this acceptable?

>Almost nothing can be translated perfectly between languages, nuance is always lost or distorted, and that's why dubs are always worse than the original language.

You say that like it doesn't equally apply to translated subtitles. You're not absorbing any missing information in the script just because you're listening to a bunch of gibberish you don't understand.

>haha dude hyperbole lmao
Literally every sub vs dub thread ever

You literally said that you use the dub because you don't care about the story, though. Which is tantamount to saying the dub is shit.

Yeah,that's literally what they said.In the english dub they also went to starbucks and took some selfies

Holy shit Yea Forums is so pathetic

japanese are ant people, they are all reserved when speaking

They hated him because he spoke the truth.

Indeed, like all American movies, videogames, cartoons and TV shows.
Wait. Why are we "arguing", again?

>nor do you watch foreign movies dubbed in english.
Only old kung-fu movies. Watching those movies dubbed is the only way to live.

I didn't play it in Japanese, was the hard-ass bitch attitude 2b and "y-yes ma'am" scared 9s stuff changed?

I literally don't understand people that defend japanese dub AND don't understand the language.You are literally listening to mumble gibberish and reading subtitles

>these voice actors suck because they’re ugly
>VOICE ACTORS

You dont even need to understand a word of Japanese to tell if you dont use the dub. There are multiple lines where the subtitles have one or more full sentences and the spoken dialogue is a single phrase or less

Jap metal gear it's silly

You just realized this?

What about people that do understand Japanese?
Oh yeah, those people don't exist in here, right?

Attached: A05F9D73-63DC-4370-9945-6D90CC581C64.jpg (747x1106, 151K)

Better than hearing butchered scripts in English that completely change the content to fit the SJW agenda. Look up Funimatiom's dub of Maid Dragon.

For a culture immersion series like Yakuza it fits, otherwise it's English.

I listened to that mumble gibberish for over 15 years and I understand 70% of it just fine.

2B is never a bitch in Japanese. She's cold and businesslike at the start and subtly affectionate later on. 9S still spills his spaghetti in both versions but the dub botches his Caim phase later on

Americans are shallow cunts who's brains immediately shut off if they hear something that they percieve to be even somewhat melodramatic. Quips are a plague.

Attached: 1516479519752.jpg (525x428, 38K)

If you disregard the fact that the number of people outside of japan that speak japanese fluently AND have played Nier Automata represent less than 1% of the players then sure

>maid dragon
That’s a shit anime either way you weeb.

Sugita is an angel, don't you shittalk him.

It's called not having autism. Non-autistic people can read emotion from tone and inflection even without understanding the words. I'm not even memeing; if you can't read emotion in foreign languages then you legitimately have some form of autism.

So is Matt Mercer.

That's besides the point dumbass

Speaking the language fluently isn't the same as understanding it, dude. You will never be 100% fluent with a language you didn't grow up learning.

>Yui Ishikawa
OWARI DA

Attached: d7a065911bb17490c965c940a29e793f.png (1181x1748, 3.17M)

>A bunch of lonely women talking about shota all day

Attached: sweating soea.jpg (350x350, 93K)

>literally no argument but "w-weeb" yet again
You guys are like broken records spamming the same buzzwords anytime you have nothing to put forward

>caring about what a VA looks like
There’s a reason they are a VA

Attached: 91DDCBFD-CC6C-4B0E-8877-626B7F5DE547.gif (500x281, 912K)

>japanese 2b:
>"UGGGUU PLEASE NO LOOK AT USB >PORT OOOOOOONI CHHAAAAAAN!!"
>english 2b:
>"Bloody fokin 'ell, me knickers ahr gibbin me gash a chummy ol time righto!"

fixed

I think it depends on where the game is made.
If it's made in the west,naturally english dub is better.
If made in japan with japanese writting,japanese dub fits better.
But understanding japanese is important.

its hot when women do it

I bet you fucking plebs played STALKER and The Witcher in English too, fags

Literally any translation from Japanese to English will have this at some point because Japanese is a high context language vs. English which is low context. It's not an indicator of the quality of the localization.

Lmao like you’re not doing the same thing.
>subs are better in every situation
>you’re autistic for not understanding japanese inflection
>stupid burger

Thanks for the insight, Einstein.

Cant go wrong here. Mercer is one of the few dubfags I can appreciate.

Attached: 1428333109475.jpg (610x458, 45K)

This.

This is true of course, and for games like Soulsbornes where the original is actually in English dub, its obvious why the english would be better.

Rina Satou is beautiful and she's a VA
What now fag
she also always voices the best girl in every game she's in except arguably Persona 5

>Matthew "The 90s Never Ended" Mercer

High/Low Context has more to do with bodg language than spoken language.

Except people here are actually putting arguments forward alongside calling you the retard that you are. Maybe you should try that.

Pls don't bully the Sugita or teh Rie

Attached: 1549526121491.jpg (1280x720, 205K)

No, it wont. The only exception is when the previous line wasn't long enough in string size/duration to fit all the meaning in so it spills over into the enext text box, which is a technological limitation.

Japanese need more words to convey as much information as an english phrase with less words.It's a language with low level of compressed information.

This is the stupidest fucking post ITT

Attached: 1551412646227.webm (640x360, 1.53M)

>arguments
>saying the japanese voice is better because her actress is hotter than the english
ok

Its not a fucking English "dub" if it was made with an English script to begin with.

can we agree that pic related had a good dub?

Attached: _panty_and_stocking_panty_stocking_with_garterbelt_drawn_by_rao_ruki_339266d3115a981612492fbc0735249 (800x799, 456K)

Just because you greentext it doesnt make it suddenly false. Even literal dogs can understand inflection and tone. Go ask your doctor to test you for the 'tism dude

Don't do drugs kids

Rie deserves to be bullied for aging like milk

Like hell. In Japanese you can say "request" to mean something like "please take care of my bedridden sister while I'm away" and the meaning is understood because of the context of the situation.

Nop, english it's always worse.

Maybe you should read the thread and learn how to follow reply chains.

youtu.be/h7SpXGz-XOc

Every time I listen to a japanese video with english voiceover the voice always ends before the japanese one

>dude English VAs all sound too old lmao
>meanwhile every teenager Sugita has voiced in the last two decades has sounded 40

What did weebs mean by this?

____yes____

Not this shit again. The only thing more horrifying is realizing this picture is many years old now and imagining how far its progressed.

Attached: 1382201513635.gif (400x335, 135K)

You literally are.
You're getting the original tone, and some of the original subtext or whatever else that you can decipher.
Obviously you are still losing out, the ideal situation is to actually know the language, but if that's not an option you're still better off being able to hear what was supposed to be said. Having the original voicework with translated subtitles is still much closer than losing the original voice-work altogether.

Thats more true for females. Adult English voice actresses have a really hard time voicing teenager girls besides like fucking Laura Bailey or something while every Japanese seiyuu can voice teenage girls.

Aoi Yuuki was a yakuza
youtu.be/1XqR4D8IgFs

Depends on the setting,characters and the script.

youtube.com/watch?v=0CFFkV7Zlds

youtube.com/watch?v=9N6cKqBJzsY

Attached: 1515567398065.jpg (1080x1167, 191K)

Konosuba made me change my mind about recent English dubs.

They've legit ruined his life on nothing but accusations without proof. I honestly wish I didnt know what pieces of shit funimation and the whole industry was in general. The whole experience has been very enlightening but also depressing

Attached: 1547493118108.gif (480x480, 27K)

This isn't a diss towards you but that's part of what I don't understand. It's anime writing, directed like anime, anime vocabulary, anime inflection, anime cadence, anime yelling, delivered by seasonal trash anime VAs and people are still like
>Ah yes, beautiful work. Glorious. You can really tell that the Japanese respect the craft.
Nigga are you hearing the same thing I am? Because what I'm hearing sounds an awful lot like TV anime #51121

It's the same shit with female seiyuu like Yuu Kobayashi and Satomi Arai. Katsuragi in Senran Kagura sounds like she's 40 but suddenly no one cares about characters sounding their age when talking about it.

>The weebs are you talking about? Weebs learning weebs from weebs, opening their weebs and weebing themselves is weeber than this weebs weebs weebs weebs.
Could you be more fucking obvious, you're not fooling anybody so step up your game or kill yourself NOW.

He's the only good voice in BBS and KH3. DDD was a bit weak tho.

She barely grew since then.

Who could hate the guy that brought us this absolute treasure?
youtube.com/watch?v=XP5lz2CYNR4

Attached: 1184573423787.jpg (571x396, 191K)

Bro, Big Boss is a Japanese game. The fucking bait, I didn't even smell it until a second examination.

Vic has been completely irrelevant to Funimation since FMA ended. You can count the number of current and likely-to-return roles he had with them on one hand. If losing those counts as "ruined his life" then that just proves he was a has-been.

>cloud
lmao

Was there really any character growth aside from 9S and A2?9S went from happy go lucky guy to a depressed little shit and A2 became more docile but 2B was always a kuudere with some traits of tsundere from the start.She looked jealous when 9S talked about the red haired girl and was always amicable to 9S(like 30 minutes into the game and she is sobbing his death already on top of the Marx/Engels machine

I like vic because he's junpei, ace defective

>2009

Attached: 1532623680589.jpg (1024x576, 53K)

well she says she only like 13-14 years old and 13 is legal age of consent in nippon right?

Yes my american friend.
Go fuck a 13 yo in Japan and see how does that end.

based japan and based aoi "old enough to spurt old enough to insert" yuuki

Isn't that every Japanese though? They're worse than the British.

>DDD was a bit weak tho.

To be fair that was Sora in general because Riku was basically the main character.

You seem upset. I suspect you were one of those kids who sprinkled in random Japanese words in their sentences and answered the phone going "Moshi moshi, user desu" between eating Pocky and daydreaming about going to school in Japan, and I just gave you severe cringe flashbacks.

This isnt a fiss towards you, but you should plauly games before trying to act superior for not liking them on the internet.

I'm from NZ ignorant burger lover

Space Dandy is the only good English dub anime.

I just assumed that by the stupid post that you made.
Sorry user.

>Best character is still western
lmao

This is bait but there are a lot of retards who unironically parrot opinions like this.

Our teeth are fine. Like, legit statistics show our teeth are very good.

You JUST KNOW Vic invited at least two of them back to his hotel room with clear boundaries established, fully intending to respect their wishes if they didnt want to stay with him

>Japanese voice acting will always be superior because of the difference in work ethic and effort put into it

What a fucking dork lmao.

Getting accused of rape then getting suddenly dropped by both your VA studios, including Rooster Teeth wheres hes an ongoing main character on their flagship series, looks pretty fucking bad

There was a time when you would have gotten roasted even harder than you are now for saying that.

I noticed they left the sec scene with the original Japanese voices.

Western female characters are always much better written.You can call me a sjw motherfucking cuck or whatever but that's just how I perceive it.

Comparing Lara Croft,Female commander shepperd,The Boss(made by a major westaboo and the character is 100% western,Alyx Vance to japanese characters is like comparing night with day

english MGS>>>>>>japanese MGS this is an irrefutable fact

Attached: 1551652587660.jpg (818x503, 163K)

voice acting in the west is for people who failed at being regular actors. of course there will be lots of people who arent photogenic doing it.

Come back when the english cast has a dynamic on par with Akio and Chikao Otsuka.

We get it, you don't like japanese animation, and you clearly consider it an embarrasement compared to your animation industry ( i asume you are american), but why the fuck would someone stop enjoy animated works from another country if YOU don't like them?
Are you going to answer this, or are you gonna try to deflect it like the "big bad troll" that you think you are? :^)

I refuse to view any dubs in which the english VA attempts "moe" voice, it doesn't work in english as our language isn't syllable based like japanese.

She has an actual voice range compared to american voice actors

Oof, that's a lot of assumptions, my big, BAD, "epic troller".
Are you sure you're not projecting something, buddy?

Best voice coming thru
youtu.be/fy9ob72nzeg?t=22

Attached: 1537823315394.png (214x317, 121K)

Once you get a feel for how Japanese people actually speak irl then Japanese voice acting begins to sound just as jarring as Western dubs. Live action is even worse

Not american and I like anime, it's the fervor for what is very stereotypical that I don't get. I wasn't telling anyone to stop enjoying anime.

No, I was describing a typical 00's gaiafag, but you already knew that. Or maybe you didn't, I don't know. You write like faggot so maybe you think like one too.

based retard

why dubbed kung fu movies? the ones i've tried were bad and the lip sync looking weird was distracting

Get accused of rape at work and tell me how that plays out in your future job hunting. Get a brain please.

He's probably too young to work.

fuckin based

Attached: 1537667009552.jpg (404x343, 77K)

>

Sounds like something a burger would do.

Remember anons, you can hear Kira do sex moans and climax in huniepop.

that's the point and part of the charm. the voices are great/strange and add to the inherent weirdness of a lot of those movies.
it's not a kung-fu movie but the dubbed and slapped together version of shogun assassin is probably my favorite. fucking god tier.

No one who works at Funimation has accused him of rape.

Haha haha
Really dude?

Attached: MV5BNmU3NDJkMjEtNmVmYi00ZDYwLTllODktNGU4OWRiZjI5YmQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA5NjQ5MTY@._V1_UY317_CR2,0,214 (214x317, 15K)

What she described isn't rape. Try again.

Manlets get what they deserve

why would I care what a voice actress looks like? I hope people here NEVER idolize them like nips do. A lot of anime characters straight up are known for their va's and they even build characters around va's

What the fuck.
YOU dont get to define what a woman sees as violation of her body you piece of shit!

>le ebin falseflag

You have to go back.

No u. Reddit spacing gave you away

because it's exactly one single character in a bloated cast that sounds like that. It's a problem when it happens with everybody in the cast.

Space Dandy

Attached: 49991.jpg (480x484, 21K)