Expansion at the end of the month, all 5 people other than me who still play this game!

Expansion at the end of the month, all 5 people other than me who still play this game!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81375
grimtools.com/calc/a2dvMJ8Z
grimtools.com/calc/YVWkBgyV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>the end of the month
Source?

They said some time in March.. since they dont give the specific date, I guess it will be late March.

i like it user, i still play it today

Attached: 5686479.png (335x144, 70K)

Ill pirate it, as soon its got cracked, game is good but im poorfag so no regrets.

Considering how the next development update will be on the 15th, I wouldn't be surprised if it is slightly delayed.

Got you beat. Can't wait to go over 1k with randomized dungeons.

Attached: 323 horas.png (263x121, 53K)

yea is pretty low, specially because i got the game when theres was only 1 chapter.
but there are a lot of other stuff to play too

I was once as you are now

Attached: too_many.png (510x270, 115K)

What can you do for 2k hours in this boring ass shit with no endgame?

Impressive. Very nice.

Attached: checked.jpg (780x439, 32K)

I love arpgs and I wish I could enjoy grim dawn
but I found it to be extremely boring
I finished the game with two characters

I really dislike the colour palette (teal, being a weak colour, being everywhere for example)
I love lovecraftian setting yet the game looks like a fucking dumpster
you always look like a literal hobo unless you get some endgame gear
story is boring
constellation is an unnecessary system and doesn't feel okay
expansion was sleep inducing
I'm sorry

Attached: 1408993213941.jpg (504x470, 62K)

Trying new builds. I don't find the endgame of other games particularly appealing.

> really dislike the colour palette (teal, being a weak colour, being everywhere for example)

I know it's the style but this is one of the reasons why I prefer Titan Quest. It's really colorful and happy.

They said in the latest grim misadventures post (yesterday i think) that it will be in the last week of March.

Cool. I've been keeping myself from playing the game for some months now..

Yep.

>With everything in place, we've been speaking with all the storefronts to hammer down a release window. If you've been paying attention to our livestreams, Medierra did drop you a bit of a (big) hint: Forgotten Gods is coming in the last week of March!

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81375

TQ and GD class and build system is fucking amazing, but the gameplay and the rest really is nothing special, even clunky sometimes. A shame.
I liked TQ's setting way more. In fact I loved it while I don't like Grim Dawns at all. Enemy designs that mostly look like walking patches of brown don't help either.

I forgot to add the TQ and GD skill system is fucking awful

Its enjoyable to me. I dont like D3 for obvious reasons and PoE is too visually confusing. YOu cant tell what the hell is happening half of the time and before you know it, your dead. Basically you cant play PoE without already having the knowledge needed to play the game and I'm not big into reading shit online before I start a build..

I've got well over 1k hours and I've only gotten to late game ultimate with 1 character. Granted I used to be a HUGE shitter, but still. Like you said I just keep starting over and making new builds.

Feels so good when you get to that critical stage of your build when you finally have enough points to get the centrepiece of your devotion abilities and it all starts coming together.

>Grim Yawn

Maybe this desert expansion will have a bit more color and life like in TQ and they can play a bit more with the enemies.

I don't know how many variants of zombies I have killed.

While TQ had variation, the maps werent nearly as detailed and looked very bland to me.. just in an overall brighter setting.

I like it in theory but ultimately you just rely on passives way too much with one staple damage dealing ability.

The devotion system, in my opinion, is fucking fantastic though. Really fun and engaging to use.

I want to love this game, but one thing bothers me and I can't get over it: damage types are completely arbitrary.
All status effects and the like are tied to skills themselves, so the damage type is explicitly tied to countering an enemy resistance. It's retarded to me that all the damage types function exactly the same way, there's no real difference to use fire over ice except for style. It turns all the unique depth and potential in the game into a number crunch on the best way to convert elements. Why can't each of the elements DO something so I can feel like there's purpose behind what I'm picking? I don't know how the devs can't see how completely fucked their game is when the only difference between a poison or vitality cabalist is just semantics and gear adjustments.

>why cant game be like PoE reeee

Attached: 1549221812654.gif (250x300, 605K)

>don't address my game's flaws, my feelings won't stand for it.

Attached: tim2.jpg (319x417, 47K)

I can't think of a single ARPG that differentiates damage types beyond flavour in skills (lightning dealing damage in a range; incredibly low or incredibly high, for example).

Why don't you begin by suggesting what each damage type's speciality would be, then?

For instance, I feel like internal trauma should be something that stacks and then deals a massive burst of damage once it reaches a certain amount of stacks, to emulate multiple organ failure.

It's bland, man. I don't know anyone can look at ice and go "that should work like poison."

That would be cool. At the moment its basically a gimped version of bleed because it occurs over 5 seconds instead of 3

I'm torn on this. I definitely see how people could complain about it being bland, but it also opens up a lot more build opportunities. Building in GD is really about stacking gear, skills, devotions, etc. to try and make hilariously broken OP shit, and that usually means laser focusing a single damage type or just a couple of them. Having every damage type do basically the same thing means you can make a strong build with pretty much any class combination.

loading tiddies

Korvaak is the final boss.

That sounds cool, would feel cool with physical attacks too making them a lot more savage.

Spitballing a few off the top of my head

Chaos - Increase chance to trigger proc attacks/effects on target enemies
Lightning - Charges affected enemies, pulling them towards the affected target
Ice - Reduces enemy attack increasing your chances to dodge, movement speed reductions
Aether - Returns some damage dealt as energy or causes random instabilities (minor AoEs or reanimate corpses you fell)

gay

Attached: 33066439_Capture.png (340x102, 19K)

Do we get more Kymon's Chosen/Death's Vigil action in Forgotten Gods then?

Yeah, will meet Uroboruuk for example. Father Kymon is a boss, too.

Nice.

Shame I was a fucking retard and lost the majority of my saves though - had to start over from scratch again after 1k hours.

What are you faggots going to combo Oathkeeper with? I'll probably make some sort of braindead whirlwind build with Demo, seems to have decent synergy

Attached: 1547523037663.jpg (1295x1001, 69K)

Fuck, the same shit happened to me. I had my files stored locally (for GDstash) and forgot to copy them over when I built a new PC and formatted the old drive.

Inquisitor just because the combo is called Paladin.

>game hast shit itemization that doesn't serve all the shitty combinations resulting from the inflationary amount of dmg types and combinations
>addon literally just copies the already existing shitty items and pushes them up a few levels

yeah fuck those devs, the last addon didn't improve shit and their game mechanics suck

Nothing at first. I'll wait until I hit level 65 or something before choosing a second mastery.

The problem with these suggestion is that you are just adding an effect that might as well belong to an ability rather than the damage itself.
What difference is there between
>Ice Spell 1: Deals X Ice damage (Ice damage slows)
>Ice Spell 2: Deals X Ice damage (Ice damage doesn't apply an effect per se) and slows by Y%
or
>Aether spell 1: Deals X Aether damage (Aether damage returns some damage as energy)
>Aether spell 2: Deals X Aether damage and restore energy equal to Y% of damage dealt

The point of multiple damage types is like said, to make sure you can create multiple strong builds with any class combo. Your suggestions actually remove variety in that regard (ie: If I'm running a build that relies on procs i have little choice but to build chaos damage, if I am running a ranged build i will most likely need ice damage as it allows me to kite, and basically now every spellcaster needs aether damage since it leaches energy)

Soldier. I liek shields

playing it rn until the new poe addon starts.

Game is quite exhausting..

Literally what happened to me too. Fuck man.

Grim Dawn is the best ARPG on the market. I am pretty fucking psyched for Forgotten Gods, gonna be lots of HAPPENING going on and reveals.

Attached: 1543347523108.png (903x672, 297K)

Occultist
time to DREEG

Recently gotten obsessed with bulky shield builds combined with health regen so either soldier or occultist. Really liking the idea of adding retaliation damage to attacks.

fren

I (deliberately) haven't looked at the kinds of skills and synergies Oathkeeper has yet, but considering Shaman is my favorite mastery I might just go with Oathkeeper/Shaman.

I don't see a lot of synergy between those two, Shaman is lightning/bleed while oathkeeper is fire/physical. Hell, oathkeeper even has his own fire/phys version of savagery

Really depends on what you want to do. I'd say every combination should be viable. Oathkeeper is best suited for Physical or Fire Damage, because of Celestial Presence (Guardian of Empyrion). Currently can't see how it would work well with Nightblade, but everything else seems fine. Oathkeeper is also best at "Retaliation Damage added to Attack". You need to be a bit more specific.

>Really depends on what you want to do

That's exactly what I'm asking you YOU DINGUS

cant wait to throw shields all day

Why are you nerds ignoring the poison/vitality options?

>Lots of passives that benefit shields for great durability
>Lots of ways to deal damage with shields (Forcewave, bouncing shield, blitz, 2 passives from oathkeeper)
>retribution damage to attack damage conversion
>Blitz and Vire's Might for infinite mobilities
gentlemen, the fun commences hence

Easy. Eye of Reckoning build with the Cyclone Set. Focus on Fire Damage, add Alladrah's Spellblade and maybe Band of the Eternal Pyre

only losers worship Dreeg

praise Kymon

I can't wait to ram my unlubricated up Korvaak's crusty asshole.

go fuck yourself you orb worshiping nerd

Nightblade+Oathkeeper for maximum dual wield whirlwind edginess

Casual reporting in.
Haven't bothered re-installing the game. Waiting for the expansion.

Attached: 1231231211.png (303x128, 71K)

Physique stat got nerfed to the ground lel

>Install the game after a long ass time again
>Uninstall right after after playing it
I remember now. Both the skill and devotion system are kinda shit. Top tier atmosphere though

Okay, do this then.
Just decided that I'm going to build this myself, because it sounds fun. Will do something on Grimtools now and if anyone is interested I will post it.
>betraying humanity
>canonically cucked
I actually liked Kymon's more, but they are the bad guys now unfortunately.

im glad you can finally gamble purple set items and level your char wtihout having to replay that shit ass campaign 3 times. once is PLENTY boring already thank you.

>level your char wtihout having to replay that shit ass campaign 3 times
You could always do that via Crucible.

Humanity ain't free. Cain gotta be litterd with the ashes of heretics. Uroboruuk aka "ur a boob" is not my leader, he is dirty necromancer and probbaly aetherial as well. FAITH and PURGING not FAITH and BONING ok. praise kymon

In Forgotten Gods?

To be fair its pretty much the only attribute stat that matters at the moment in GD (apart from minimum necessary for end game equip), but I would have preferred buffs to other stats instead of nerfs to Physique

Is that even gonna work? I thought Oathkeeper was all about shields, which kind of undermines Nightblade's dual wield thing.

>now

You should have known they were fucked the minute they started seeking to literally purge heretics while utilising heretical practices themselves

Oath keeper has a lot of shield support but also other options

Personally I don't see much synergy there but I also feel nightblade is the absolute worst class out there, so I'm a bit biased.

Oathkeeper is all about shields in the same sense that Nightblade or Inquisitor are all about melee or ranged dual wielding respectively. It's just an option that they lend themselves to, doesn't mean that you can't go for something else with that class.

That's entirely justified, because right now all builds just max out Physique unless they really need one of the other stats for equipment prereqs.

Except you'll miss out on the stat points and skill points. What are you, a SC noob?

>In Forgotten Gods?
Yes

>but I would have preferred buffs to other stats instead of nerfs to Physique
Other stats got buffed. Here's what they changed:
>Physique now only increases health and health regen (Was HP, HP Regen, DA
>Cunning now also gives some HP (Less than Physique). No longer gives OA tho
>Spirit gives HP as well (and again, less than Physique)
They might have changed the numbers as well, i don't remember

Surely if you nerf physique you need to nerf enemy damage though? One of the reasons you buff physique so much is because the Grim Dawn meta is defensive as fuck, if they nerf physique to provide a lot less health and/or defensive ability, won't that leave lots of current builds much weaker?

Do you think they'll stick with the established pattern of DLC classes being OP compared to vanilla ones?

Dream was the best for most builds in TQ, Inquisitor is the best for most builds in GD right now. Will Oathkeeper be even better than Inquisitor?

Attached: Dream.png (226x226, 94K)

You can live without 2-3 points.
Should have brought up bag space if you wanted an actual point

>Inquisitor is the best for most builds in GD right now
Soldier has been the best since basically forever.

Wish I could have fun with the game again. I tried buying the Ashes of Malmouth expansion a few months back but it was so fucking dull. I hated both new masteries and the new expansion areas were a complete shitshow and reveled in all the worst kind of area design that the base game suffered from on occasion.

I doubt I'll buy the new expansion since it's probably gonna have shitty new areas again and the shield based mastery does not appeal to me whatsoever.

Attached: gd.png (549x99, 37K)

>cunning no longer gives OA

So its even more fucking worthless, what were they thinking?

Physique will still be the only thing pumped because it will give the most health and health regen

Soldier is just the easiest "I don't know what else to pick" option because it has so many useful passives.

Inquis fits in really well imo, not too overpowered. Necro is only really good for pet builds in my eyes, its other abilities just feel shit to me. I'm sure others will disagree but that how I view the class.

Oathkeeper looks pretty damn good, but the soldier still brings so much survivability to the table I don't think it can be topped

They have their main theme (shields and dual-wield) yes, but they also have support for other kind of builds
For example, whirlwind is a %Weapon Damage skill, which, unless they changed it or has a weird exception, it means it procs anything a normal attack procs, including Nightblade's dual-wield skills

Also both nightblade and oathkeeper have good support for Vitality/poison damage

>Keep trying to play it
>Never find a build that feels fun
>Some of the ones that seemed fun are DLC

Are there any builds in this game that are similar to TQ's Flame Aura/PoE's Rightous Fire?

>For example, whirlwind is a %Weapon Damage skill, which, unless they changed it or has a weird exception, it means it procs anything a normal attack procs, including Nightblade's dual-wield skills

What the fuck am I even reading. Abilities don't proc attack modifiers.

Also I'm fucking pissed there's no Oathbreaker/Inquisitor set with bonuses to AoC. Wasted opportunity.

>TQ's Flame Aura/PoE's Rightous Fire
Describe them.

light yourself on fire and everything else dies.

Look up auramancers.

Is it revealed what the hell Kymons chosen summoned at the end of their questline?

And what is this impending doom that everyone keeps yammering on about?

not him i was just explaining what righteous fire does.
t. poefag

more like Korvak

Yeah, they summoned Korvaak which is apparently basically Chtulhu.

Guess I'll take a look thanks, is it something that requires the DLC though?

It's great. wtf are you talking about? not enough game have talent trees.

dropping points into the mastery is a waste
takes too long to actually get some skills
and there aren't too many, you rely on a million passives

A typical auramancer build relies on the Inquisitor Mastery, so yes.

Oh lovely. Here's to killing all the old gods at this rate then

So much for retiring to some shack with a load of aetherial waifus

Dream got nerfed to hell and back with the anniversary edition release tho

It's up to you to come up with a more interesting build than just stacking passives and auto attacking.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.25 - 01.40.11.32_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.38M)

Well, Inquisitor, a mastery from the first dlc, has an aura of censure that deals fire damage to all foes within range and lowers their elemental resistances. That and a particular blue quality helm that gives a similar aura could be the way to go

whats the point if cadence and stack passives is a lot easier and better?

Those are things you find inconvenient, but do not make the system "fucking awful".
>dropping points into the mastery is a waste
Not really, they give you stats/health/mana. just because you have to invest
meaningfully in the tree to unlock abilities doesn't make it a "waste".
>takes too long to actually get some skills
That's how it is in every arpg, you have to invest time to unlock the coolest shit.
>and there aren't too many, you rely on a million passives
Pick a different build.

I am torn concerning that change. On one hand, like you said, it is a heavy nerf to cunning, on the other, focusing on OA was strong to the point of being mandatory. Same with DA. Phys/Cunning/Spirit didn't matter as long as you had enough DA and OA

Now that I went and read the game guide i think you are right. Only things that modify your base attack can proc things like dual wield skills. So unless they make whirlwind a default attack enhancer (which i don't think they will) it won't work.
Now I am mighty disappointed. I really wanted to slice things real fast

Honestly Kilrian's shattered soul should have a higher drop rate, considering it literally only drops from him

The main reason I fucking hate PoE is because you use 1 spell 99.9% of the time and the rest may as well not exist for the most part. Diablo 3, despite doing a lot of things really fucking badly, managed to make using more than 1 spell fun and engaging and viable. You always had a couple on the go, and they were all useful and did different things.
Is there a class/build in Grim Dawn that doesn't rely on 1 button as it's main spell and can utilize a variety of abilities?

Hundreds. Just look at 10 active skills.

Loads. Some builds might be a bit better than others but you should be able to clear the game with any build that's not actively trying to be retarded. I tend to build around some 3-6 active skills.

>what's the point in having fun is playing a boring game is easier?
Yikes.

Focused OA didn't require cunning though, you could easily just stack +% OA from devotions and gear. Shit I had a 2h glass cannon purifier with like 2.9k OA at level 53, and I don't believe I put a single point in cunning beyond what I needed for guns (which wasn't much as I also had -cunning% devotion

Cunning gave so little OA that honestly it would have been better to just have cunning give as much OA as phys gave DA, and then make spirit give half as much but to both OA and DA.

>Is there a class/build in Grim Dawn that doesn't rely on 1 button as it's main spell and can utilize a variety of abilities?

Anything that isn't an autoattack oriented build

agreed
fuck the undercity

Many optimized builds tend to rely on 1 or 2 spammable main skills and a handfull of support skills/toggles/passives/panic buttons, but it's entirely possible to make a HC-viable build with more active skills, especially with caster builds.

Viable but not fun. Playing with 1-2 actives is optimal and adding any more into that rotation makes the combat feel exponentially clunkier. Of course having only 1-2 actives is pretty dull as well.

is why i always have said that diferent classes need diferent resources, not just mana.
having classes that have skills that build the special respource and skills that use that special resource aliviate that bulshit that only having 1 skill and everything else passive is the best way to go.

Is it possible to run an Aether Ray build on the hardest difficutly without tons of specialised legendaries?

I breezed through normal and elite but get curbstomped on Ultimate

Alright, almost done with the build now. Some stuff can probably be optimized. Any feedback?

grimtools.com/calc/a2dvMJ8Z

Max your resists bro.

I used to run a spellbreaker with arcane landmine bound to skeletons and an aether ray that spawned more skeletons on kill. Then they patched the arcane sigils so they couldn't be bound to the skeletons and shat on my day
As far as I know,AAR is still shit to this day

Attached: 1414614232518.jpg (325x325, 6K)

every mastery gives you that, so what's the point? it's like a skillpoint dumpster you're forced to do

I don't mind having few skills at the start, like 1 or 2, but I felt like it was really underwhelming in GD and TQ, maybe because in some trees it's just a fucking summon until lvl 15 or 20, or an aura
I felt the same way with torchlight 2 skill system
it takes too long to get skills

I can pick a different build but that doesn't take out that a lot of builds are based on mastery and devotion passives
I agree that there are some builds in some games (including GD) that passive based builds are cool, but I think there are too many

but what if non passive based builds are worse? it's okay if they feel better but in the end you're just nerfing yourself because the game relied on too many passives to make characters strong

>but what if non passive based builds are worse? it's okay if they feel better but in the end you're just nerfing yourself because the game relied on too many passives to make characters strong
How would you know that? There's a reason the builds slowly shifted from one button auto spam to throwing multiple skills in a rotation, and that's because shredding enemy resist through skills and devotion procs is worth more damage than just holding left click.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.01.04 - 10.28.21.66_1.jpg (1920x1080, 2.01M)

Why would they do that

honestly they need to just fucking make it pierce enemies already and be done with it

>5 people other than me who still play this game!
The fuck are you on about, GD is still in the steam's top 100 games.

>pierce
Conflagration and Tome of the Arcane Wastes
Both are unviable :^)

It depends on how you set it up. Vit Cabalist for example can run around 4 main actives and still be pretty smooth if you bind things right, like you can put your AoE and your debuff on mwheel up and down and just mindlessly rock it back and forth while you focus on firing your other more targeted skills.

its almost impossible to discuss properly outside of some shitty reddit and the official forums; the /vg/ threads died like 3 months after the expansion released, after already being literally non existent previously.

bump

Should I wait until Forgotten Gods comes out for the buffs to Spirit and Cunning or finally finish the game after 4 years of owning it? I lost my furthest character due to switching computers and not having cloud saves on steam enabled for GD.

>Should I wait until Forgotten Gods
Yeah

And starting a thread on Yea Forums gets all of the PoEtards smearing shit all over the thread without fail every single time, so yeah

This. The official forum is a banal circle jerk and it's difficult to get any real discussion going on there that isn't just borderline sucking Bruno's dick. It's tiresome how the fanboys there think that anything the devs piss out is godly.

You can respec attribute points

Point to us all those PoEtards in this thread.

What's a fun build with a lot of button to press?

If theres one thing I wish was better about GD its the 2-handed weapon swing animation. Holy fuck not only do I not get any sense of raw power from the swings it just looks like I hit people with the hilt all the time.

Also why does every oathbreaker node have to look so good. Balancing skill point distributions is hard

Its kind of hard to find builds with a lot of buttons because so many passive nodes are money as fuck. I think Mage Hunter has a decent amount of buttons though

this one is honestly the most fun build I've made but it's pretty gear dependent and won't work too well while leveling because grenado and cannister bomb drain your mana and require ulzuin's chosen for their full potential and you have to max demo for that
grimtools.com/calc/YVWkBgyV

the entire inventory system is fucking shit. It's terrible, diablo 2 like. 20 years old.

Here's to another 3 months of /gdg/ before irrelevance and losing interest in the game until the next big patch.

I didn't like Poe's skill/gem system, although I only played when the game wasn't finish. I don't know how it plays now and I dislike chink owned games. I liked grim but it's deeeeeed + junk armor 90% of the time.

Can I play as this persian daddy with nice pecs

Confirmed for never having actually played grim dawn

I'll never understand how people prefer PoEs one skill builds over all the fun skills in GD

I have a Vindicator build that uses the Light's Defender set. So much fun to shit out totems and storm shards all over the place.

Hear hear

I only know about half the mechanics in this game because of those 3 months

Attached: cropped_pb.jpg (632x400, 36K)

No, but you'll meet him in-game. Will also meet Byscilla from the Ashes of Malmouth loading screen.

Attached: thicc.jpg (2560x1440, 872K)

>No, but you'll meet him in-game. Will also meet Byscilla from the Ashes of Malmouth loading screen.
i hope they will add a character mod to use her as pc

I hope the story will be good. I wonder if we ever get to see proper closure with us kicking all those aether and false goods asses.

is the base game worth it on its own? I'm a poorfag

Honestly I'm a lot more interested in grim dawn's lore and backstory than I thought i'd be, and I really like all the notes in the game world that give EXP on reading them, some are really well written. I still read Clarity of Valor every time I find it in the necropolis.

i like the game but hate how slow it is compared to other shit, specially the beginning
great single player game though

yes but the expansion add a lot more content, the game also is pretty old so you may get a good discount if you wait for a sale

my virgin wife

I played the base game for a couple hundred hours before the first expansion came out, if you like Diablos I would give it a go

Attached: 1509293217485.png (586x442, 546K)

Yeh there's a lot going on beyond Aetherials kicking up shit if you put the pieces together.

What happened to the witch gods? How are all the old gods suddenly so active after supposedly being sealed away for all eternity, and when is the real apocalypse going to begin?

Who /Dreeg/ here?

Attached: 1508365608563.jpg (501x564, 26K)

that's not Ulzuin

Attached: the power of left clicking.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

Why are the witch gods so perfect?

Attached: 14274616480727406.jpg (267x89, 23K)

It will die faster than that. Even legitimately super popular games fall off because of waifu/vn threads and 3+ variations of gacha games due to language autism. Half the generals during the vg cup actually didn't exist and the chats were just gacha/waifu circle jerking the entire time.

Solael is easily the best. Eye boy and bitch need not apply.

Attached: lightsabre187ed7ml-02.jpg (435x355, 58K)