PLEASE HELP BIOWARE

I honestly can't stop laughing.
Imagine spending six years and publish something worse than Fallout 76.

eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-05-ea-asks-for-help-to-diagnose-anthems-awful-ps4-crashes

Attached: OHNONONONO.jpg (917x369, 153K)

>any other company that had these issues would be left high and dry and would have fingers pointed at them while laughing ensues
>for some reason Bioware gets treated like some golden child whos NEVER MADE A MISTAKE BEFORE OH BOO HOO POOR BIOWARE SOMEONE PLEASE HELP THEM
God I hate the western video game market, let it fucking burn, bunch of cock suckers

Imagine having a system so shit and non-secure that it can somehow be bricked by running a program.

this is a new low.

You do know this happens on xbox and PC too right

You can't brick a PC unless you use some really nefarious and proposital virus that overwrites the BIOS and even then it would have to rely on security holes on specific mobos, how does this even happen by accident?

And no
It's your new exclusive
>Only on psWHORE

No it doesent i cant even remember when windows crashed on me the last time. Face it pc has the better games with better graphics and performance and on top of that runs more stable than the ps4

>Anthem is so bad it's actually killing peoples PS4s
How the fuck did they even do it?

Attached: 1550805352767.webm (1280x720, 1.13M)

>it happens on xbox too
So by complete accident you managed to have your game run an exploit to gain kernel control over the Xbox OS, then proceeded to run another exploit to escape Hyper V, a business quality virtualization software used by huge corporations to securely run VMs, then had another exploit to gain kernel access in the Xbox's custom Hyper V OS, then you finally bricked the console from there. And this is all on accident?

Oh wait that doesn't happen on Xbox

good thing I got it on xbox. suck it no games ps4 losers

Attached: 1551209016366.jpg (465x430, 28K)

not a single console has been bricked, it's reddit retards who are unable to understand what bricked means
but hey don't let facts ruin a good story

If games couldn't do that then NISA would be out of a job.

Imagine the cognitive dissonance required to genuinely believe this is true.

Attached: 1549758233559.jpg (552x524, 25K)

you didn't laugh
you didn't even laugh on the inside

As a software engineer in the AAA industry, this shit is my nightmare. Obviously no team WANTS to release broken stuff, but this release was so clearly rushed and they weren't able to catch everything. Honestly what I feel like must have happened was:
>Game not going to hit release date
>Publisher says "Cut everything that's not ready to go NOW and ship"
>They do that
>Some system was making assumptions that content that was cut would still be there. Something tricky.
>Now we're getting crashes.

Crashing a whole system is nuts though. It's NOT easy to crash an OS. I usually blame thread locking or memory leaks but yikes man. I cannot imagine what it must be like in that office right now. When we have FIRES everything is dropped and they're put out ASAP. Like within the day. For this to be going on for a few WEEKS? Those leads must be fucking dying.

you don't seem to understand

modern operating system have layers upon layers of security so a crash of a program won't halt an entire system, and it will only shut down and clean up data revelant to that one program

Anthem seems to somehow bypass all these securities and dabs on PS4 fryting it by prematurely shutting it down and making the console lose some data or write glitchy data and make console unusable. hackers wish they could do that shit.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

A software cant brick a PC. It may ruin your windows installation and even existing files, but not bricking it
The only way to brick it completely fuck up a bios flash

>A software cant brick a PC
Ever head of CIH?

Yeah, I'm aware of that user. We make games on many many different platforms, and ALL modern OS have ways to prevent a process crash from crashing the OS. It's however not impossible, of which Anthem is an obvious example.

I'm saying that you have to goof -really badly- to end up in a scenario like this. Not only has Bioware goofed -that badly- but they have failed to find and fix the problem. Their office must be a god damned nightmarescape right now.

I don't envy any of them.

>multi billion dollar company
>expects people to help them for free instead of fixing it themselves

>so a crash of a program won't halt an entire system

That relies on the underlying hardware performing to spec and the interfaces to that hardware working 100% correctly.

When it comes to GPUs reality is anything but that. Even on consoles.

H-He's fast

Attached: 44231221.jpg (800x450, 24K)

There haven't been any bricked consoles because of Anthem. Redditors are just retarded and use words they don't understand.

Im the guy who put in 5 lines of secret code that crashes ps4s, ask me anything. I Did it because they made me work 10 hour days even on weekends.

Not joking.

Attached: 1541680906577.png (264x258, 61K)

What are the better games? I've been considering building a pc but if its all the same games just smoother I don't see the point

based