This is really fucking good. Just finished my first fixed run, looking forward to doing more on random/hard this week...

This is really fucking good. Just finished my first fixed run, looking forward to doing more on random/hard this week. What does Yea Forums think? Especially any long time TJ&E fans.

Lewanda best

Attached: 1dab4d67cccdbe59910f29137a4284fce8afc9b1.jpg (1920x1080, 731K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jaYAi3mj4o8
youtube.com/watch?v=pbfkoJiJ6YU
1337x.to/torrent/3622169/ToeJam-and-Earl-Back-in-the-Groove-SKIDROW/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hard is pretty hard

the game is fun especially with four people

>people
Oh...
Well, maybe I could join a public game.

It feels cheap presentation wise but it's neat.

yeah I'm sure public would be fun
or invite a friend over for local co op
it looks fine in motion

Not paying 20 desu

series should've stayed dead

B-but they said someone in the game was gay!! I don't want to play le lefty-tard game!!!

>it looks fine in motion
Actually, the motion also feels cheap, the animation looks stiff as hell, I know this was kickstarted but it just feels like a high quality Xbox Live Indie Game. I guess I just wanted more out of it but I would put this under Mission to Earth.

How well does it run on Switch? I feel roguelike/lites are great portable games but I've seen too many indie games run like shit on the system.

I heard one of them is gay. Pass.

I’ve been playing it on switch and it seems fine to me.

Unlocked all the characters and tried hard mode once and died. It’s fun, basically just the original game with more going on but everything they added fits well with the gameplay, I’m honestly pretty addicted to it right now and I haven’t had a game capture old style gameplay this well in a while.

Love it, Lewanda got me through each world

Theres no added bonus for being on switch u fuckin manbaby.

yeah it's really good, almost have all the achievements. it's kinda easy playing solo but multiplayer is where the real challenge is since you can't hog all the presents and food to yourself

30 FPS with some frame hitching occasionally. could run better but perfectly playable. devs are pretty responsive and promised performance patches though

two side characters from the second game tell you they're in a relationship during the ending if you ask them about how their life is going. if that turns someone off the game then they're beyond help

Are you the gay?

Puppet rigging and motion tween animations will do that to ya. I would get it if they had too many characters and actions, but for a 4-year project it does look cheap. Frankly, it's the only thing preventing me from buying the game.

I'm going to buy it tonight. Loved the original.

You should stay dead.

Watched some gameplay videos and it seriously looked awful. What is the appeal?

The song at the end is so catchy I play through the game just to hear it again

t. Zoomer

it's a multiplayer roguelike where you use items to avoid enemies instead of fighting them. you either get it or you don't

Same multiplayer splitscreen style as the original?

>long time TJ&E fans.
Im along time fan but not played this yet. Im too poor right now to buy any new vidya.
Well at least I can work on the backlog

Yeah

this is the best game in the series and it's 20 bucks dude
my name is toejam and I'm big earlll

It's one of those games that's bad to watch but good to play.

its simple but surprisingly fun, collect presents and money/avoid bad guys/get exp and level up/try and find ship pieces/ find the elevator to the next stage and repeat.

hard to explain the appeal unless you've sat down with a friend desperately trying to find an elevator or get to safety being chased by an earthling. its a game for fans of the original or like zombies ate my neighbors, games where you run around a hectic map dodging enemies and collecting stuff to get to the end. its a very fun style of gameplay that disappeared cause its pretty simple but its refreshing these days and still very fun.

I have a hard time believing this game is difficult.

is toejam and earl the definitive stoner game?

Attached: weedmiser.png (900x675, 863K)

hard mode can be tough sometimes, since its randomized you can end up getting really easy levels or get a bunch of exp and presents early on which makes the game easier but theres also the chance you get a level where the ship piece/elevator requires you finding a hidden path and you just cant find it and you end up getting hit or wasting a lot of resources getting to it.

Didn't have any problems finishing it on normal, haven't tried hard yet. I remember the first game being a lot harder, though maybe it was because I was a kid at the time.

I didnt die until i tried hard mode, which reminded me more of the originals difficulty

is the music as FUNKY as the old one

i can beat a solo hard mode run no problem with lives to spare but hard mode in multiplayer is genuinely challenging.

Attached: yo.png (1281x716, 1.46M)

Well yeah. If they were white they would be wiggers.

How can aliens be from America let alone have heritage in Africa?

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=jaYAi3mj4o8

Theyre fucking aliens you nigger

>playing the harder levels while stoned
Also ultimate stoner game is something like Wipeout or Guitar Hero especially Live because you can just keep going and get in the zone.

WE WUZ ALIANZ

I'm still playing it on Hard randomized mode for like the 5th time, best game I played with people online.

I know that, but like with every other cartoon anthropomorphic alien, animal whatever, people have to apply human logic to it. Is Sonic white? No, he's a hedgehog. But people are going to apply that shit regardless because humans are petty.

youtube.com/watch?v=pbfkoJiJ6YU

The tornadoes are nerfed in this game compared to the original where they were unforgiving and tough to predict their movements. The Gift stealing dog that burrows underground is slow compared to the original.

No bees are present unlike in the original, I don't know why.

>No bees are present unlike in the original, I don't know why.
Neither does ToeJam to be fair.

more funky

they mention the bees in the song at the end of the game, in the elevator sequence sometimes they say "where are the bees" my assumption is they meant to put them in the game and forgot or wrote the song lyrics before finalizing the enemies. the game makers have said they want to add more if the game sells well enough so maybe getting more earthlings/enemies will add the bees in.

yeah the bees were supposed to be in but got cut because they didn't work properly and didn't have time to fix them. there's a picture of them in the kickstarter art book

Attached: bees.jpg (2016x1134, 430K)

Well they're rappers so this isn't surprising

I figured it was reference to the reduction in honeybees surviving winter, which was overblown by the media as the bee apocalypse.

You think they'll add them back in an update or no?

they said it's something they wanna do if the game sells well

1337x.to/torrent/3622169/ToeJam-and-Earl-Back-in-the-Groove-SKIDROW/

Also finished it today, it was pretty fun. I can see people not liking it, it's basically TJ&E 1 HD, which I loved. Soundtrack is funky as hell

poot

Wish this game had like a pixel mode where it would look more like the original, not liking the graphics looks like a flash game

Attached: Latisha in Elevator.webm (1280x720, 1.35M)

agreed, but it's easy to forget about the artstyle when you play the game imo.

Attached: Gassy Latisha.webm (1280x720, 2.75M)

Attached: Gassy Lewanda .webm (1280x720, 2.53M)

Attached: Gassy Hula Girls.webm (1280x720, 2.65M)

can anyone beat the hulagirls match the beat game to get that vulcano hat? i tried a million times