Will EVO smells better this year?

Will EVO smells better this year?

Attached: 1551633122943.jpg (1200x675, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RVddfZuxsMc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no guilty gear

Attached: 6c1.jpg (200x236, 14K)

>located in america
it'll smell funny either way

No. I don't know why Melee gets the bad reputation of being the "stinky game" when literally every fighting game tournament smells like death. Back during the SF4/MvC3 days I used to have a job that let me work from home and I went to most majors as I could play in them, inevitably lose, then spend the rest of the time watching it live and doing work in the evenings after.

Without a single exception every major I went to smelled fucking horrific. It's just like when I used to play MTG, it also used to smell bad all the time. When you get a bunch of nerds together in a room, no matter what hobby they're doing, it is gonna smell bad.

Well, this is Ultimate's first EVO, and a game that's probably already at twice the sales of the Wii U game. It's probably gonna get double the attendance of whatever comes 2nd, and there are just as many stories you can find that relate to Smash 4/Ult as there are for Melee.

>without a single exception every major I went to smelled fucking horrific.

How it ever occur to you that you're the smelly one.

>No KoF
Life is suffering.

No, because then I would bitch about every place I go smelling bad, it's just nerd gatherings like tournaments and conventions. I actually really enjoy showering/bathing, so I do it at least twice a day.

Hey man, I love me some SNK, so let's take the victories where we can get them. SamSho should be fun either way.

We already got BBTag, UNIST, and DBFZ. This is EVO, not ArcRevo. Gotta give some other games room to breath.

>implying there can be a gathering of "hardcore gamers" without any rank stank
its a pipe dream. the kind of person that engages in top level play of any game is the same kind of person that forgets to shower or skips brushing their teeth, or has 3 shirts that they clean bi weekly. anyone who's ever been to some sort of vidya club in school or uni will understand.

maybe it would be there if you actually played it.

There's still a Smash Bros there, so no

Yes, the Day of the Soap happened.

Skull Girls should have replaced Melee

Hopefully they release more patches for DBFZ before EVO, the multiple lvl1 nerf is retarded and they have to do more to speed the game up, blue life nerf didn't help at all.

Attached: 1547512614153.png (957x735, 850K)

KOF XV next year

Reminder that EVO got bribed ludicrous amounts of money to put in samurai shitdown and unist and to get rid of Melee

>SNK having the money to spend on getting Samurai Shodown into EVO
Melee fags truly are delusional.

>SNK bribing anything

Go take a shower, son.

Yeah, those guys at SNK are rolling in money

Attached: 1541546591408.gif (220x182, 513K)

Which is a shame, KOFXIV in EVO Japan this year was so fucking good.

Samsho getting in basically confirms the next KOF game gets mainstage.

Samurai Shodown looks like just a better Street Fighter

>FRENCH
>BREAD
>MONEY

Attached: benis.png (393x418, 112K)

It's an arcsys game. It won't get a patch anytime soon. And when it does, it's going to nerf weird stuff and everybody will be confused. That's how it goes.

What's up with the meme that SNK doesn't have money?

I mean the entire showfloor was cold as fuck last year so I could hardly smell anything

>Smash Ultimate
>UNIST
It will fill in nicely with Melee's absence.

*shit self*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT THE SHOWER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Attached: meleefags when they have to take a shower.webm (346x192, 2.98M)

good thing it was banished to saturday.
now we get to watch good stuff without massive delays.

>He doesn't know about SNK's infamous financials

Attached: 4B4C57CF-604D-443C-837A-4AF1AD66AEEB.jpg (666x500, 111K)

>Armada said that every other FGC community are sheep
And people wonder why no one likes melee players

the company died multiple times in the past.

>No Guilty Gear
>No Melee
This sucks.

>UNIST
>Fucking Samsho
This is rad.

>Based Leffen won last Melee EVO

Reminder that the only reason melee was at EVO, was because they paid their way in. And they threatened to withdraw their donations, if they didn't get the spot, which is why skullgirls supporters let the autists have that win.

>4B4C57CF-604D-443C-837A-4AF1AD66AEEB.jpg
I can't even tell if you're ironic, or retarded.

Attached: 7135467.jpg (296x259, 27K)

Fucking meleefags are so self centered, want to be apart of the fgc but don't know any of the common knowledge

That's how every game gets in. Only difference was that in this case, the money came directly from the players and community, rather than publishers like Capcom and NRS.
Melee was only dropped because SSBU is damn near guaranteed to surpass the entrants for Smash 4 and Melee combined. It's all about money and that's the way it's always been.
SNK wants to promote their new game, which is the only reason Samsho is in there. Why do people have such a hard time understanding this?

Most of the reactions of the announcement I saw from melee players they genuinely thought that Samurai Shodown was a new IP. They are probably the most insulated group in the FGC as a whole.

I can't say anything about snk bribing money, but isn't snk now owned by some chinese people? there is a possiblity that those big guys could have paid money but I doubt. but about unist I just can't believe that they could have paid to enter unist. also kof is probably fully owned by chinamen. chinese people have multiple official platforms where they can play for free like yzkof, gotvg there was also suparc but it got shutdown. also QQ also has online kof for free

is this like slowpoke but 14 years later?

some say jizzard let unist in last minute as a replacement for doa after he embarassed himself at evo japan.

Snk doesn't have money
No one wants fags who waste time having to plug in crts and don't give a shit about any of the other games in the fgc.
You'll be lucky if meleefags even care about other smash games

That's what I'm talking about. No one wants people who bring down discussion

whatever the reason I am really happy about it, we just started playing it a week before announcement and it got announced at evo and its matches are super fun to watch. its not like usual anime fighters where you keep flying in air throwing shit at each other. games like arcana heart for example

That actually makes sense, but whatever the reason is, it's nice to see unist get spotlight

>Snk doesn't have money
Do you honestly think Samurai Shodown, a game that's not even released, got in on its own merits? Fuck's sake. Of course SNK is paying to feature their new fucking game.

People have been describing UNIST as the KoF of animu fighters.
You don't have shit like universal double jumps or air dashes in the same way as other anime fighters. In that way, it's a lot more grounded which is nice.

It got in because Wizard is a huge SamSho fag. We know this because he fucking said that's why it got in when he revealed it.

UNIST makes sense and deserves a spot. The only game I feel weird is in is BB Cross Tag. Is that actually bigger thatn Central Fiction or Xrd? I can only assume they got a slot for more DLC announcements and / or announcement of new Persona fighting game / other 2D arcsys game.

BBtag and DBZF are fucking shit. GG should be in over them forsure based on quality alone.

>Snk doesn't have money
SNK has been hosting tourneys all over the place. They don't have Capcom money but they definitely have enough money to secure a spot at EVO. If it wasn't samsho it was going to be KOF XIV, and SNK definitely swapped which game was to be featured in order to raise hype and make sales to an underage audience that's likely never heard of samsho

It got in because it's coming out of mcribs' pocket, it was literally one of the games that got him into fighting games in the first place

>of course snk has money
Nigga they declared bankruptcy

I always considered kof the anime fighter of 2d fighters because of its amount of universal movement options
there is
jump
super jump
hop
hyper hop
roll.
but I get your point

>it's a lot more grounded
but KoF is all about jumping, heh

Attached: 3566161503.gif (51x108, 9K)

>kills your game

Attached: 1528615184155.gif (320x230, 99K)

Melee is the only reason people bothered with EVO for the past decade.
On the bright side next year, when Mr. Wiz comes back begging, we should be able to force him to ban French Bread and SNK titles from participating.
A fitting punishment for such a crime

If we're talking bribing money they have less than KOEI-TECMO. If wiz wanted the publisher bucks he would have still put in DOA6, scandal be damned

>They don't have Capcom money but they definitely have enough money to secure a spot at EVO
And Koei Tecmo don't? Before you try muh core values there are some lewd ass games already at EVO

Also where was KoF last EVO?

>Nigga they declared bankruptcy
And were bought out by some chink company who decided to push SNK more towards console games than pachishit.

The nerve of meleefags

>o stale ass game with arrogant douchebag playerbase
Good. GG and Melee are cut from the same cloth.

Melee, at best, had 3rd or 4th highest entrants and the people who entered Melee almost exclusively entered Melee.
It was dwindling in viewership and entrants numbers, so it made perfect sense to can it and replace it with Ultimate.

lets see what happens next year when half of those games doesn't have scenes anymore

Are you replying to yourself or did you actually fall to falseflags?

>Also where was KoF last EVO?
"last evo" was technically EVO Japan and KoF was there

Attached: 2213530248.jpg (600x620, 214K)

>EVO
>turned into a literal who event
ouch wonder what happened i don't follow this much lot of shit games this year

>no KoF
>Smash U
For what purpose?

And KOF14 had less than half the entrants there than they did in evo japan 2018. The chinks who bought out SNK aren't making much money out of it

If you think any of those IPs are "literal who" then you clearly know nothing about fighting games, considering Street Fighter, Samurai Showdown, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Soul Edge, have existed for 20+ years, Blazblue for 10+ and French Bread has been around for just as long.

a world premiere trailer doesn't fall on mr wizard's fucking lap no matter what you think and i promise they didn't give it to him as a sign of gratitude

Underbirth
Sam whatever
crosstag and soulcaliber are all trash tho i tried them they are shit dead games fuck outta here nobody flying to evo to play a game that ain't even out yet fuck outta here

The Metal Slug gacha has always done awful and even KOF14 was getting less entrants in the last EVO. DOA despite the memes actually have international presence and Koei-Tecmo is a giant publisher. There's no reason for SamSho to make it over DOA6 if the decision came down to the money

That's cute, you think EVO is genuine and personal, and the selection based on the organizer's preference and not the advertiser / publisher money they receive. I wish I could be this naive and have a child-like outlook to reality.

I can guarantee you that world premiere trailer and the chink money is less than what melee autists and koei-tecmo would have payed for

You type like an underage.

Nobody thinks that when Smash U, Tag and MK11 are literally right there in the lineup.

Melee, DOA6 and SamSho was basically a question of "well these are all worth peanuts, but which peanut do I like the most?"

cringe

What you fail to understand is that there is a conflict of interest between Koei-tecmo and chink money. EVO wants their shit to appeal to chinks.
Chinks don't allow sex in games. DOA6 has too much sex appeal to get past the chinese censors. If they take DOA6 money EVO loses out on potentially millions more of chink money.

What announcements do you think will take place for the various companies/series present at EVO?

Attached: DjoHEo_UwAEYZlH.jpg (795x1117, 246K)

Persona 5 Arena

absolutely no one cares about doa6 and mr wiz is counting on ultimate absorbing the melee community
thats why they said stuff like "it's bringing together all the smash communities" during the reveal
basically wizard is likely betting on his massive platform to advertise new fighting games

>a world premiere trailer
It was a slightly different version of the trailer we saw before

Why is SC6 there then?

Attached: 1512763502572.jpg (4111x6000, 2.56M)

>ultimate absorbing the melee community
Why wouldn't he want to absorb them and have them watch/enter melee? He could be double dipping cause most meleetards sure don't play other fighters

I wish, if they managed to keep the cast of the previous games. If it was just P5 characters I think I would be stuck playing Akechi.

Attached: 1535516695001.png (1500x1500, 2.96M)

still doesn't mean nearly all those games are shit tho someone already said it
>dead by next year
an in most cases
>already dead
seething cucks

DOA6 is too problematic for EVO.

unist will probably get nothing
I'm expecting two characters launching before evo though

GBV and possibly KOFXV

And Tekken/Soul Calibur isn't?

Because they don't make bikini formerly-volleyball games for soul calibur. If you search "dead or alive" you could potentially lead to their phone bikini gacha or their Asian bikini picture simulator.
DOA wears the sex appeal on its sleeve. SC6 just has sex appeal. there's a difference.

i smell funny money at play here because sc6 has nipples camel toes an all sorts of lewd moves its easily the lewdest game there

you think he's legally allowed to put world premiere on a previous trailer to advertise his tournament?

I don't see why there couldn't be P3 and P4 characters in. What I'm truly hoping for is aged P4 characters.

I would not at all be surprised if certain lewd outfits were banned for characters in those games.

tekken season 3 possibly next game in the series

Keep seething smelee shitters

Attached: mika chan tummy.jpg (225x225, 10K)

MANGO NATION
FOX MCCLOUD

>Because they don't make bikini formerly-volleyball games for soul calibur.
That doesn't matter when they have to actually broadcast this stuff. SFV didn't get away with costumes cause it was SF

They'd get away with it cause technically it is a different trailer, even though it was basically showing the same shit and some supers

Attached: sniff throw.webm (638x480, 1.03M)

I wouldn't really be surprised if Bamco paid SCVI to be in after they nearly killed Tekken and successfully killed DBFZ.

Unlike SNK or FrenchBread they actually DO have money.

I can count the amount of games that deserve to be there on 3 fingers
when did EVO stop being about the games and start being about the shill agenda?

You'd think if Bamco was paying for 3 games they'd demand top slot

The "Mango reaction" was hilarious. He really played it up until the end where he admits he actually doesn't care. Leffen didn't care either. Pretty much only HBox was the one all that upset.

>they paid their way into EVO!
Didn't melee quite literally pay their way back to EVO when it came back?

Attached: 1519153405708.png (275x375, 118K)

Only if smash ultimate is also kicked out as it should.

When Samurai Shodown will be released?

>Pretty much only HBox was the one all that upset.
>Implying he wasn't exaggerating it for epic Twitch clips
>Implying Hbox even has emotions

Has it occurred to you that, if there were any "bribes" to knock out Melee, that Nintendo themselves would be the logical suspect? For the first time for Smash they've got a game that's successful, generally well received by competitive players (to the point of pulling in Melee diehards), AND on a platform that sells well. Since Ultimate is by all accounts a success, it's easy to assume that Nintendo are no longer comfortable with the 2001 Gamecube game overshadowing its successors.

It especially makes sense with Nintendo embracing eSports autism more seriously.

Yes but then they found out the costs of actually running melee completely outweighed the donation and twitch views money.

a charity drive is a lot different

He was basically a shoe-in to win EVO so it's the only time he actually feels something. The feeling of losing lots and lots of money.

Back in 2013, there was a charity in which several fighting game communities participated.
Melee won just barely over Skullgirls and thus was allowed into the EVO line-up. They kept their place there through consistently high entrants.
Nintendo had no part in Melee's success or downfall as they only cared to promote Smash 4, and even then just barely. Basically, Nintendo's ''contribution'' was allowing the game to be streamed while running their ads.
This isn't really comparable to other publishers promoting their games through EVO.

Dont know how it smells but i've found out their core values are different than mine, to not say opposite.

Attached: chunli.jpg (3508x4961, 1.73M)

The Melee hate reminds me of the hate boner people had for anime fighters back in the day. Funny how things turn out.

Hbox has less than 300k TOTAL earnings throughout his entire Melee career.
If he cared about money, he'd stick to his engineer job instead.

The rumor is that the SNK buyout was actually a passion project by a rich Chinese dude who was depressed as fuck that SNK was only making pachinko games and basically went "Fuck it I'm rich as hell, might as well spend some of it to save my favorite game studio".

It would make sense given that buying a failing studio and instead of forcing them to start churning out low quality cash grab mobage and pachislot making them go back to making real games, which is basically exactly the opposite of what has happened every other time some big Chinese company takes over. It would also make sense for said rich Chinese fanboy to blow a lot of money to show off his new favorite game.

Requesting a rundown.

GG hasn't been updated in a while and will have a big event right after EVO anyway, it doesn't need to be there. I still prefer it to all of the games there, but it's absence is completely understandable.

trusting arcsys with patches and overall balance is not wise.

Which, as I will never fail to point out when it's brought up, made them profitable for the first time in years.

The other half of this thread is celebrating Xrd's death and lamenting Tag's continued existence. Some things don't really change.

>Makes a self-insert of himself and makes himself best friends with an insert of a current chink idol
Pretty based to be perfectly honest

Attached: 1548697050073.png (498x500, 250K)

>Quit his job to pursue being a pro melee player
>Game dies
Oh no nononononono not like this ...

Literally living the dream.

Thank you Mr. Chinese Business Dude.

reminder that samsho and unist are made by literal poorfag studios that couldn't afford to buy their way in even if they wanted to.
reminder that meleefags ACTUALLY bought their way into evo.

Attached: 519DDD9C-973B-4968-9B9E-C6BE49F95119.jpg (3000x3000, 655K)

He only had an entry-level job and he couldn't network for promotions because he was such an unlikeable retard.

DAY OF THE SOAP

that is also my assumption because chinese people just love kof koreans too. UYU|nil streams kof 98 almost daily, he also play sfv now and few days ago I saw there were like almost 5000 people watching kof 98 it was a big coop cup like tournament for kof 98 in korea. and in china I come across a lot of projects or tools regarding kof and warcraft iii

They will likely switch to 3d and thus unable to put in all the previous characters

ArcSys' only announcements will be DLC for BBTag, they'll save anything to do with GG for ArcRevo.

That would be nice, but I can't see it happening, putting aside that the only spot that would be appropriate for it at EVO is after BBTag, which will probably be reserved for the DLC reveal, ATLUS prioritize their Japanese audience entirely and I doubt they would allow a game published by them to be announced at a Western event, even if it's EVO and they're announcing a fighting game.

>random weeb game
it will smell worse

This guy is living the fucking dream. Based chinese billionaire.

Wait, you're telling me Meitenkun is his self-insert?
HE LITERALLY PAID A COMPANY TO MAKE A SLEEPY SHOTA VERSION OF HIMSELF?
/OURGUY/

Oh please, at the very least we'll get Londrekia. Another character would really seal the deal though with how unist hasn't been updated/patched since September 2017. They always did pair up character releases.

SNK games are actually really fuckin big in china, not just KOF but metal slug and all the other neogeo classics too. From what I hear it's the same reason SNK stuff is so popular in mexico too, it was a really cheap way for laundromats and theaters and stuff to have an arcade cabinet.

I just want them to finally give Mika a vorpal trait tbqhdesu

I was talking about that with some local players last night. Royalheart suggested that 214A be untechable so you'd actually have to jump out.
I just jokingly suggested she GRD broke you if she grabbed you in Vorpal

>during vorpal some of mika's normals explode a bit, giving extra range

I can dream...

they've done most of their releases in july, so I think we're getting characters before evo
unless they decide to delay them a couple weeks

You monster

Oh right, that was the other post I wanted to reply to.
Releasing a new character before a big tourney would be whack. I'd definitely see them holding that back until after EVO. Wouldn't be hard to imagine them wanting to release Lond sooner but even FB's staff was stunned by the EVO inclusion.

>Back in 2013, there was a charity in which several fighting game communities participated.

Super Smash Bros. Melee: $94,683
Skullgirls: $78,760
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: $39,567
MLP: Fighting is Magic: $5,280
Dead or Alive 5: $1,900
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R: $1,225
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: $1,000
Melty Blood Actress Again Current: $683
Divekick: $650
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown: $605
SoulCalibur 5: $407
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma: $265
Capcom vs. SNK 2: $260
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: $170
Darkstalkers 3: $131
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike: $81
Injustice: Gods Among Us: $77

Or just add 500 raw extra damage to her throws along with the 10% vorpal buff

Melty Blood was at ~$50 for a long time btw

I think the self-insert is Antonov, a rich billionaire who buys the in-universe King of Fighters tournament against the wishes of the board of his company.
Antonov also heroically saves a kid and is called "boss" by Sylvie (character based on idol) and is considered cute and kind-hearted by two cuties.

Attached: Official.png (800x350, 596K)

Outright increasing some character's range when in vorpal is a little excessive. I expected Mika's vorpal trait to be something like less tech time on her 214X moves or some armor on her cannon

More billionaires need to fund passion projects to get real change out there like this. Good on you Mr China.

Puff's back aerial attack has a giant disjoint and is highly spammable. See: hungrybox

It's always been like that. MvC in particular because of fat perspiring members of a certain race. The anime scene was even worse and when their games became more mainstream in the past few years they started to project their abhorrent odours on the melee scene. Anime players are like that retarded kid that tried to fit in with the cool kids by bullying other nerds.

Any source on that? If real, it's really the coolest shit. Even Chinaman can do good, it seems.

But was this not an issue since the game released. Why would it kill the game 18 years later?

if they did that the only move they'd improve is the force function
just look at hyde and gordeau

Almost every IRL experience I have ever had with a GG fag has been awful, so I'm highkey pretty happy they got the boot along with melee.

ArcSys
>New GG/BB game
>Burocolli and Gogeets release/gameplay
>GranBlue Versus announcement

Bandai Namco
>New SC6 DLC
>New fighting game announcement?
>Tekken 7 Season 3?

NRS
>Season 1 of DLC
>???

SNK
>New DLC for SamSho
>KoF15 announcement

Nintendo
>Death of Melee support
>Execution of Mango and HBox
>Fighters Pass' 3rd or 4th character being announced.

Attached: 1540279808844.jpg (240x200, 9K)

>Without a single exception every major I went to smelled fucking horrific.
Seems like you're the smelly one. Take a shower smeleefag.

all the big "legendary" players left the scene that usually took care of hbox

now there's no one left to stop him

HBox is the only puff autist at his level and he refuses to do casual matches so that people won't be able to adapt to his playstyle.

Or Seth for that matter.

>Smash
Likely 3rd announcement as we haven't heard shit about the second one in the three months since DLC #1 was announced.

Every "God" has retired/stopped caring about Melee enough and turns out nobody wants to/can't take care of Hbox

I think the rumor is mostly conjecture based on how fucking weird the decision to buy SNK was. Buying a failing company only to divert them from pachislot is something that I don't think has EVER happened before, and the business documents that were released about the game were just as odd. They even mentioned a desire to make new Samsho and FUCKING GAOROU games.

I'll try to find more direct info, but it's a Chinese corporate takeover so everything involves like 3 different companies and a lot of it isn't in english.

>at least twice a day

This could cause / accelerate baldness depending on how you shower, not even memeing.

>Them Fightin Herds was left to die as mods consider it breaking global rule 15 and it's not welcomed in /mlp/ either

Attached: bedtime_crying.png (719x717, 401K)

Puff gameplay is such a bore to watch. I understand how hard everything HBox does is to actually pull off, but everything he does is so safe there's nothing the opponent can do. There is no way to break through HBox's defense and he's the kind of guy who won't take anything even remotely risky so you're just in for a long staredown with one guy slowly losing his shit.

It's really likely we're getting the second DLC fighter announced when Joker's release date is announced (which will probably be when the direct to reveal all the 3.0.0 content happens), then we'd still have time for E3 stuff.

Oh no, how will we ever live without another kusoge fightan thread on Yea Forums that will only be brought up to bait out Barneyfag

Attached: 1544552132662.jpg (476x474, 43K)

If P5A becomes a thing, I don't mind going full P5 cast, as long as they give us playable villains. Probably not Madarame and Haru's dad, but Shido and Kamoshida'd be great.
Though I guess that probably won't happen and we'll be stuck with Shadows and Donut Steel.

Attached: 1499861378493.jpg (1500x2000, 346K)

I hope they keep the old characters. Doing 50% damage with a single kick is so satisfying.

I guess I'm one of the few people not really caring too much about returning characters in fighting games. After all, you could have another character doing insane damage with just a kick in P5A as well.
And as someone said, chances are that they would use 3D models, so they won' be able to reuse the sprites from P4A.

I just hope Atlus won't be so stingy with wanting to make a "serious" fighting game with story and stuff. The fact that they vetoed Dojima as a playable character using Nanako as his Persona still makes me sad to this day.

Attached: 1545059406657.jpg (1836x2368, 535K)

I just want the gun-fu bitch

April is very likely the next reveal when they also reveal details about 3.0.0 and Joker. E3 is almost a guarantee for a reveal, EVO seems likely too, then the final reveal is probably for a November or December general Direct.

It is weird how long they've been silent for. The best reason I can think of is that 3.0.0 will be a decently substantial feature update. I wouldn't be surprised if we also get one or two of the old stages that didn't make it in the base game, plus stage builder seems likely as one of the features too oh sweet christ it's going to be revealed to include a Minecraft theme and segue into a Steve reveal isn't it

Cutting characters always leads to some level of backlash. Generally most people don't wanna pick up a new character even if they have the same fighting style as their old one. A main is 50% for aesthetic/character reasons, even for esports autists. Arguably especially for esports autists.

IDK I love Chie in P4a but almost never play ungarushdown in any other game. Unless they literally just copy/pasted her moveset to another character I doubt any replacement for her would have whatever it is that makes me enjoy playing her so much.

That makes literally no sense whatsoever.
Even if the stage builder stuff is added, you'd still need more to show what exactly is Minecraft about, and that includes character customization for the Steve model and other stuff that isn't possible (realistically speaking of) in Ultimate.
Besides, Miis already beat the character customization thing to Steve, the only thing that could be left is maybe the gameplay aspect, but Sakurai always likes to integrate almost everything of a franchise to a 3rd party character so... oof.

I know that, and I can understand the sentiment, to a point. But I also see the risk that your favourite character became huge garbage (happened to me with USF4 Gief to Season 1 SF5 Gief) or that you could just take the opportunity to try out new things (went from only playing lolis in SC4 to maining Astaroth and Yoshi in SC5).
Oh well. Actually, the biggest reason we might not see P3/P4 characters in a P5A would be because they'd probably be too old. Considering japs treat 25yo+ characters like grown-ass adults that don't have much to look forward to.

Attached: 1547516236301.jpg (579x819, 108K)

Since it's Atlus, they can always use the "time portal shenanigans" excuse

Case in point, Persona Q and the SMTIVA DLC

The challenge of integrating a faithful Minecraft moveset is what I'm hoping holds Steve back as a fighter. I mean, Sakurai had to scrap Heihachi in 4, who would've been way more obvious and natural transition to Smash.

xrd games are fucking trash and a huge step back from accent core, who cares?

The people complaining about Xrd don't actually play it or are only using it as shitposting fuel against Tag.

But did you pick Chie because she was your favourite character, or because of her gameplay? In the first case, you'd probably enjoy playing whoever is your favourite character in 5. In the second case, it just boils down to finding a character whose gameplay you enjoy; if it's the same company doing the game and they already managed to offer you something enjoyable once, there's a high chance they'll manage to do it again (hopefully).

True, and this stuff actually also happens in P3D/P5D, kinda. However, Atlus did say they wanted P4A to be canon, and it's much more vague for PQ (even if it's canon, it's kinda treated as "everything was a dream" and has never been referenced to my knowledge) and P3D/P5D (even though P4D is certainly canon). Then again, they could still go with some time portal shenanigans and call it canon I guess. I'd just hope that the whole cast of P5 will be playable before we get guests from previous games, and as I said, I wouldn't mind having some of the villains in there.

Attached: 59189337_p3_master1200.jpg (612x504, 251K)

Context?

When UNIST got announced as the last game for the EVO line-up, I believe.
Strangely enough, I think Melee players are mostly spiteful towards SamSho.

Gameplay. And yeah, I can always hopefully find another character I enjoy (although that's not always a sure thing, I can't find a single character I click with in UNIST) but I'd like it if my old favorites could still stick around.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1547897103485.png (480x600, 128K)

> smells
> smells
> smells
> smells

I swear to God, these ESL motherfuckers learning English with Google translate are everywhere

>Room full of fat sweaty nerds who take video games way too seriously no stink, only fans of particular game stink
Stupidest meme I've seen in awhile

Anybody thinks DOA blew its chance to get to Evo because of 'muh core values' or they were doomed from the start?

First time I've heard this.
Based as fuck if true

don't count on it

Attached: 1527585937819.png (629x736, 79K)

>even more people are bullying BBTAG this year

Attached: FC0964AD-79E2-4C72-8CB8-DB3E1DD1E6A9.jpg (1024x1024, 108K)

>will EVO smell better this year
Ultimate was the game that had one of the players shit himself midset, so I doubt it.

It hurts so much bro....

It's actually unironically a great game systems-wise.
But it's balanced is so fucked because ArcSys didn't actually care when they were porting characters in.

You don't even know another language, user.

I thought the same thing. I had a hope we would get some of those DELICIOUS HD SSPRITES

The person who claimed that ( ) is a literal who that got caught lying. He wasn't proven to have even gone to that event and nobody actually there could corroborate his story, and he deleted his tweet after people brought this up.

My only problem is how much fucking damage everything does.

Random claims on the internet turned out to be completely made up, whoda thunk?

Attached: derp.jpg (302x239, 24K)

Actually he deleted it because one of his friends called him out for being an ableist bigot.

Attached: 1524749641041.png (575x270, 33K)

I'm not denying the whole stinky day thing, lord knows the PM tournaments I went to didn't exactly smell fresh. I just hate it when retards run with anything they can (regardless of its veracity) to fuel petty and obsessive hatred.

Yes, though there's still one Smash game left so I recommend all attendees bring gas masks

I heard some of these melee niggas complain about Jigglypuff and banning that grab shit with ice climbers. Gimmie the rundown on this cause every one the top players ive looked at explaining this shit feels like they have big bias

>only reason
What the FUCK are you smoking? Can I have some?

You feel good about what you just posted? hmm?

>everyone in BBTAG shits damage
>tfw still wheedling away with Linne/Jubei

Attached: 4bdd0d568eb2de80e0b33708a0db14c248c1d322d92fd43858255896a084311f.jpg (436x536, 51K)

>Ice climbers grab
Ice climbers have an instant kill grab that was banned before, then got unbanned, and now is unbanned again. Nobody knows why, very few people actually care. The 0 to death grab means little since its on Ice Climbers.

>Jiggs
Now this is the big one. Jigglypuff has a punish game that makes his defense effectively impenetrable. Jigglypuff comes with his fair share of weaknesses but the former makes matches complete and utter borefest to watch, which kills views. Nobody on top says outright Jigglypuff should be banned, but some people want to open a "conversation about the possibility of a ban".

Why did skullgirls get on the main stage? Does it not represent their core values enough?

Attached: 1521173152_1446078468_e8a8c308fd6cf9392cbff5d88dfd5455.gif (942x894, 1.4M)

*never

Fuck.

Attached: SG_par_bhk.png (225x450, 54K)

It missed the train back in EVO 2013, lost the donation race to Melee, and never managed to make it back since then

nope it doesn't represent their core values at all which is making big money, indie fighters never, ever

Melty made it to EVO though, and now so did UNIST. ArcSys may be the publisher but FB is still a tiny doujin team

You're right that it's about the money, but completely wrong on how the money works. Wiz would be VERY happy to have the big attendance and viewership of Melee and Ultimate on the same day, and registration at other tournaments prove it. .

Even IF snk bought it s way in, fucking French Bread?

It's Nintendo who doesn't want a repeat of Melee faggotss bitching it up at the Ultimate people.

Hey maybe KoFXV can do a turn around in the game's popularity, kinda like Tekken 7 did.

How much money do you think it takes to buy an Evo spot? And do you think Melee got outbid?

In Samurai Shodown you can literally decapitate little girls in a normal match, if they're allowing that then some panty shots and jiggle physics shouldn't have been a problem.

It’s pretty crazy just how much UNiB characters can outclass the other series. Case in point Gordeau.

>Tager preforms his grab super that takes eight years for the animation to complete
>takes off like 75% of any character’s hp without Active Change, Cross Combo, nor Resonance Blaze buffs

Makes me really sad desu. Finally got into it, and it’s both fun and creative

I just want them to revert the meter gain change and fix snapback loops properly.

Attached: 20190301_011315.jpg (1920x1080, 975K)

If they took the lessons they got from SamSho, it really wouldn't be that hard at all. Literally all they have to do is take the KOFXIV models and fix all their shaders. Put a new KOF arcade machine in places where people still use the arcade for free marketing, and they're done. (LITERALLY ONLY TEKKEN DID THIS FOR SOME REASON)

I mean, I see your point, but are you really beating that dead horse again?
MK has been a main game in EVO for years. Obviously they don't give two fucks about violence.

Melty made it to EVO in 2010, though. That's when it was still had soul and they would run SF2 and SF3 tourneys before it became "Capcom Presents Evolution Championship Series Street Fighter IV/V Grand Finals and some other fighting game!"

No one wants to ban Jiggs.

That's why I said none of the players did, it's all the viewers

>complaining about "arrogance"
>in FGC
Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong door, competitive Mario Party's two blocks down.

Attached: 1551059035438.gif (379x387, 71K)

True, I was just trying to point out thst the fan service isn't any reason Skullgirls never made it in.

Maybe if more then one player actually used her at such a level people would consider it. Banning a character because of one player alone is retarded.

I don't know how much it takes, but I'm sure the chink company that owns SNK can pay it and Nintendo literally does not give a single fuck about Melee and only paid to get Ultimate in.

>banning a character is retarded unless it's Brawl MK
Fixed, it's not like the top tiers in Melee have the strenght of Rare Akuma, much less Jiggs.

It wasn't the case back in 2012 and 2013 but you forget it's [Current Year] + 5 and sex has been forbidden since gamers died after gamergate.

I bet no one in this thread can beat me at mashing minigames

Attached: fuckyou.jpg (512x384, 89K)

Whenever you have someone that isn't a fucking rush monkey in Smash, things go to SHIT.

This is amplified by the ruleset competetive smash uses. 5 stock, 8 fucking min rounds.

Vid related. This is neutral play, smash style.

youtube.com/watch?v=RVddfZuxsMc

>melee not in
thank fucking god
melee and smash in general is boring as shit to watch when you have no idea about it
other games are usually highly entertaining in contrast

Yeah man I love watching NRS games!
You're not wrong about Smash though

LOL. Don't forget that Nintendo has tried to shut down Melee at Evo. It's more like "we'll pay you zero dollars, and let you have an Ultimate tournament. And don't tell anyone about it".

Anime players don't really shower, either.

not as long as ultimate is still there.

Attached: 1551323927034.jpg (997x611, 90K)

for mk11 i hope a johnny cage player wins

Attached: johnny cage.webm (1512x844, 1.97M)

don't know what you mean, but I said usually
as an extremely casual watcher, I can pick up mostly any random fighting game tournament and catch up pretty quick, smash/melee is such a borefest I usually just tune off after a few minutes, same dudes over and over doesn't really help either
of course I understand it all depends on who's on the commentary, but still

How comes literally nobody else tweeted about that?

I meant to say I dont like NRS' games. You know, stuff like Injustice & the new MK games. I just find it very slow & unremarkable.

Attached: 1519229883979.jpg (1134x692, 56K)

That's interesting.
I'm the opposite in a lot of ways, Melee has never gotten old to watch or play for me. Like, I could watch Fox/Falco for the rest of my life, that matchup is that good.
Ultimate is different though. Fun to play, boring to watch.
Other fighting games are kind of a mixed bag. Tekken is great to watch, Street Fighter is middling. I think Guilty Gear and BlazBlue need some familiarity with their systems to be really entertaining.

>I didn't go but my girlfriends step-fathers brother who owns a dealership said everybody got laid

The ice climbers shit is basically people being dumb about grapplers. The infinite is basically a worse version of Kanji's D grab and other than that the character has trash tier neutral. People are just mad that if they get grabbed in specific situations by a grappler they can lose what amounts to half a life bar in a real fighting game (with no oki).

As far as the puff shit that is LITERALLY nothing more than a zoner being good. That's it, one guy plays a zoner in a really lame way and wins a lot.

>even if SFV matches all timed out, you'd still save about 3 minutes from a melee game timing out
That's really sad actually

Attached: 1551372663694.png (1264x263, 163K)

>le ebin angry kermit

>no arguments

Kermit really stepped up his game

I still don't understand why Best of 3 is considered such anathema for smash

If past entries are anything to go by, Kabal, the Borgs, or a movie tie-in character will win the next five NRS tournaments.

Didn't your shit game have to raise donations and literally bribe it's way to the main stage a few years back because you autists couldn't accept it not getting the spotlight? Nice hypocrisy

Attached: 1551634184609.png (406x388, 23K)

Repeating MELEE BAD isn't an argument either

>Kabal
he is nothing like how he was in mk9

cringe

Do Melee players play any game other than Melee? I know Leffen played DBFZ, unsure if he still does but do any of the other "gods" or players play SF or Tekken?

Attached: 02.27.2019 The day melee (finally) died.png (1331x294, 74K)

Wow Samurai Showerdown really BTFO you Smeleefags

Attached: zab91776_rgb.jpg (333x253, 14K)

I think M2K plays some SF as well as every other remotely smashlike game. Mango doesn't play any games competitively but melee but spends like half his stream time playing random ass games.

SNK has no money dumbass

3-hours top 8 and lack of character and player diversity are good enough arguments for me.

I'm all for seeing SamSho at Evo but it comes out like a month before it, why did they think having a major a month after release would be a good idea?

Not really. My friend is a melee and tried getting me into it. I played for about a year and enjoyed the competitive aspects but wasn't really enjoying the game. I started to take an interest in games like street fighter and such and when asking him if he would would ever be interested in trying them with me he just would always say he doesn't like them since they feel nothing alike. I guess the idea that nothing from melee translates to starting a fighting game.

>kermit poster
Easy way to indicate a tryhard who wants people to screenshot their post as "le based and redpilled #WOKE opinion"..

>lack of character and player diversity
To be fair this never stopped games like MvC2 or MvC3.

a room full of mostly dudes? definitely NOT!!

Ivy is a top tier character and characters only have one outfit with a recolor
They’ll literally have to CaS an outfit for her if thats the case as she easily has one of the lewdest default in game outfits in gaming history

only reason people gave a shit about TFH was because it uses the Skullgirls engine.

It's not even out yet after a year in early access.

I've seen this controller factory defect a couple of times already, what is it all about exactly?

>french bread
>literally poverty of poverty
>money