JUDGEMENT COMES OUT IN THE WEST IN JUNE

HOOOOOOOOOOOLYSHIT
I LOVE YAKUZA!!!!

Attached: Y5PT69W.png (945x531, 717K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thisgengaming.com/2019/03/05/judgement-launches-on-playstation-4-in-the-west-on-june-25-digital-buyers-get-early-access/
frontlinejp.net/2018/12/20/review-judge-eyes-shinigami-no-yuigon/
youtube.com/watch?v=w2cQXyK_DZQ&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-x2wXHWgaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lJwSIpalk5g
gamy.jp/judgeeyes/judge-sega-puyopuyo
yakuzapatch.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=w2cQXyK_DZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=m-YDgqOdt5g
windowscentral.com/yakuza-series-could-come-xbox-one-given-enough-demand
youtu.be/8W3LTT5VRr8?t=78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

switch version?

>rehash same game and pretend it's a different title

Nice.

How many lewd content got censored anyway?

nice

judge eyes is such a better title

where did you get that picture op?
i don't see any announcements

It's nonsensical though.

>ishin localization never

>even in their new IP they reuse the same locations

Attached: 1551472825932.png (497x549, 210K)

who cares it's unique, judgement is pretty fucking boring and generic

thisgengaming.com/2019/03/05/judgement-launches-on-playstation-4-in-the-west-on-june-25-digital-buyers-get-early-access/

>buy digital
>play it 4 days early
yikes
yakuza studio was spose to be one of the good guys
BOYCOT

>no Only On PlayStation branding
steam next summer boys

oh shit u right
i want kiwami 2 and fisties of the north star first though

I'll wait for the PC version.

>dual audio
They're finally committing, eh. Wish they'd do it earlier considering how much more iconic Ryu Ga Gotoku is compared to this new IP.

You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard people say "this game looks cool but it's too much reading" about Yakuza. Now you motherfuckers have no excuse.

Attached: Dli-lTJWwAEgIH1.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

I think OP is trying to trick us

You'll be waiting for a while since we still have 6, K2 and NS to get to.

As usual, Japanese cover is much better than western. At least we have the option to use it this time though.

don't forget it also has jap and eng subtitles

I have a PS4 pro, but I’m still hoping this comes to pc so that I don’t have to play it at 30fps

>let's make a new IP because Yakuza is getting super stale
>let's also copy Yakuza completely while doing it
Is this a fucking joke? This game might as well be called Yakuza 7 and no one would notice a different. Sega truly is Ubishit of the east.

Orange Man is very lazy.

80/100

if it aint broke

youtube.com/watch?v=w2cQXyK_DZQ&feature=youtu.be

tough tits, 30fps has been the main target for Yakuza games.
only game that was fully 60 was Lost Paradise (and even then it had big framedrops if you do a jump attack)

Cool, this will take years with 4 people though and could just as easily fall through like every other fantranslation I've kept my eye on

If Sega pulled their finger out they could have it translated and on the western market by winter

you will have to wait for
>6
>Kiwami 2
>Fist of the North Star (will this even be ported)

probably summer 2021 with the pace they are going

Anybody know if kamurocho is the only location in Judgment?

not to mention that game looks ugly as fuck

>(will this even be ported)
boxart shows "console exclusive" so it's possible

Attached: p4gfinslp_1.png (650x820, 902K)

but it went back to the based 0 engine.

I was exited until I learned its just another Yakuza reskin.
I lost interest in these games after 2, but I couldn't be bothered to play the same game again.
Came back for 0 and while it was great, I fell like I'm done with Yakuza for another decade.

Love Yakuza except for the fact that 5 and 6 went on for way too long. Judgement is going to be the shit.

why bother porting 6 at all?
0 and 1 make sense for a new market, then 2
a heavily discounted FotNS if they must

Reminder it’s their best game and even japs rated it very high on amazon

Attached: D5A38F4A-844D-4D8C-9BBC-3AA408A84803.jpg (3264x2448, 2.15M)

it didn't even get that branding in europe

by winter 2021 with Kenzan and Ishin KIWAMI on PS5

They were going to make a new setting, but were afraid fans won’t like it. They’re going for new city in a sequel according to latest interviews

It's been asked about in some of the Yakuza surveys, so at least Sega is curious.

Port begging should result in permabans

its better in a "lol japan trying to use english to make something sound cool" way but it sounds dumb. Eyes of Judgement sounds better and i bet they wanted to use that but theres that dumb card game on the ps3 that already has the name.

but can you KARAOKE in this game?
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-x2wXHWgaQ

they are stupid with titles

the chinese title of yakuza is the best one in the series. no idea why they didnt used it in here

Miracle Johnson DLC when

its bound to anounce 6, kiwami 2 , dragon of the north star and this one in e3

I wouldn't say better since it's nonesense, but it's far more interesting and allows for clearer marketing so the game doesn't flop. Judgement is bland and generic.

I'm gonna get it, maybe buying it will speed up the localization for the Yakuza remakes being ported to the PS4.

>dual audio
Is anyone here actually going to use the English VA? I've always played the Yakuza games with the Jap VA and English subtitles. It makes sense. It's like playing the Metro games with English VA. It's retarded.

is there a list of arcade games in judgment? or are there none?

You forgot P5 except it's probably gonna be just the vanilla version
Did anyone even buy this game?

i'll use it on a 2nd playthrough to see how it is

if is as good as the first yakuza game there is no way in hell im not playing like that
youtube.com/watch?v=lJwSIpalk5g

>I've always played the Yakuza games with the Jap VA and English subtitles.
That's not saying much, the only game where that's not the only option is English VA only.

no virtua fighter no buy

Yeah, it's definitely worth it if you're a FotNS fan.

That "dual audio" claim makes the ad look like its some dvd movie lol

>That's not saying much, the only game where that's not the only option is English VA only.
Yakuza 1 isn't the only one with dub.
You're forgetting Like a North Star

Shitheads who can't handle reading subtitles. My dads like that, I tried to get him to watch Seven Samurai and the only thing he took away from it was "too much reading"

>Kamurocho again
I'll fucking pass. At least Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 had other areas to explore like Onomichi and Sotenbori. I know Judgement is gonna have a more detailed Kamurocho but I'm tired of it.

They're trying to keep both camps happy and informed, there are crazies on both sides of the argument. The ones who would watch Family Guy's Japanese dub and call it high art, and the illiterate faggots who can't even read this post.

so what IS this game about
you are like cop right?
is like a extended tanimura campaing from 4?

It sold enough for Sega to continue dubbing.
Motor Raid, Fighting Vipers, Kamuro of the Dead (Rail shooter using assets from Dead Souls) and all of the games from 6 (Out Run, Super Hang-On, Fantasy Zone, Space Harrier, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown. Puyo Puyo)

No, that's the PS4 version

It's basically Japanese LA Noire complete with pixel hunting crime scenes.

When does this take place in the Yakuza timeline?

That's not a Yakuza game, so I didn't count it, if you meant all the games made by the studio then you should have said Ryu Ga Gotoku games.

I like being in Kamurocho from the other side of the law. Plus Kamurocho is as much a character as anyone else by now.

>Did anyone even buy this game?
All of Europe and most of Japan.

Go woke

you fags dont understand that kamarucho is a important part of the fucking series?
i'd say kamurocho is more important than kiryu hinself

>

Attached: EB38625A-61A2-4946-A59B-F96CBE123CF4.jpg (220x275, 19K)

fucking neat

>Out Run, Super Hang-On, Fantasy Zone, Space Harrier, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown. Puyo Puyo
no virtual on? that sucks

Attached: Oh yeah.png (640x480, 479K)

Nope, you can only play Virtua-On and VF2 in Kiwami 2.

So peesee version when?

>chinese title of yakuza
??

Holy shit
Now make VF5 online and we're getting somewhere

>Puyo Puyo
this is going to be the 2nd completion list casual filter, i swear

also another “ONLY ON PLAYSTATION” favorite of mine

Attached: D02FF28A-7718-42F1-BC07-5BB6D5A382B4.jpg (800x1022, 738K)

Did VF5 have online in 6 or was that only VF2 in Y5?

Is it all new characters or do a few unimportant people from Yakuza show up?

all new characters including the tojo clan members that appear in the game.
substories or whatever they're called in this might be different.

>You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard people say "this game looks cool but it's too much reading" about Yakuza. Now you motherfuckers have no excuse.

Those retarded niggers don't deserve to play those games, imagine actually playing some shitty american dub for a heavily japan setting game

This never shipped with that branding though

The inconsistency of it is really dumb sometimes
Dragon's Crown is still a PlayStation exclusive and didn't get the branding on the PS4 physical

MC dies to unwinnable final boss fight against crazy eyepatchman with bat

No it's not. So fucking sick of Japanese games having titles that make you sound retarded when talking about the game to someone in English.

>Motor Raid
Nice
I wanna see them put in more arcade games that never got home ports.
I mean, imagine a future RGG game having Ollie King or SpikeOut or even something like 2 SPICY.

Attached: 16025702.jpg (850x1093, 356K)

>PC version?
FTFY

The games are crime dramas majorly focused in Kanto. Kamurocho is basically made up Tokyo where the games can play around in freely, and the more the reuse Kamurocho, the more they can tweak it and detail it. It's a living location that grows and changes over the years, and is a perfect place to have the game be set, for both Yakuza vets and newbies to the studios work.

They would never play it anyway. Dubfags are just like SJWs they'll claim they'll buy it if ____ is done but then they come up with some new horseshit as to why they won't like some twitter thot lying about sexual harassment from one of the voice actors.

I'm just glad they spelled it without the "e".

Who are the gravure/JAV cameos for this game? Nanaco and Anri feel like a hard act to follow.

Attached: 1523470295702.jpg (798x953, 69K)

>All these seething Xniggers

Go beg Uncle Phil for a port, you screeching twats.

I thought both only had online leaderboards?

Oh yeah REAAAALLL fucking worth them doing jackshit with any of the actual characters, utterly ruining what made Kenshiro good in the first place, and the total garbage plot even worse than post-Raoh manga.

>still haven't played Yakuza 6, Kiwami 1 and 2 and Kenshiro even though I bought them on release
Fuck.

Based

Maybe that was it

I don't think you understand what the label stands for.
they games were exclusives when they came out, and when they were actually shipping them with these covers, and there were no timed exclusivity deals involved where it was granted that it will come to another platform eventually

>No Steelcase or Paper Booklet

N-n-nani?

Attached: 1534229178572.jpg (4000x3436, 995K)

Takuya Kimura. The eye candy is for the womyn this time.

Attached: photo.jpg (1049x720, 47K)

they only do that sometimes it seems.
i hope shin gets a steelbook with ichibans tattoo on it.

Wait, the MC is an actual person and not a made up man like Kiryu and Majima?

Eyes of Judgement would have been perfect
Judgement is just gonna cause the game to be hard as fuck to look up

>Plus Kamurocho is as much a character as anyone else by now.
Brainlet here, how can a city be considered a character?

no it isn't, it's awkward engrish.

It's still a made-up person but they are using the face and voice of a far popular celebrity.

Yeah, the guy even worked on a TV show called HERO, I heard some weebs saying the game is inspired by that show

Well that's pretty disappointing

Because Kamurocho has been the setting for the Yakuza games since the start. Every game changes Kamurocho a bit, it grows and advances with age, but it keeps it's outline, the way the streets are planned out, and many stores and locals you visit stay there, but they may change appearance and have new employees. Kamurocho is a character in that it has a variety of personalities, with it's citizens as a whole and how the city is designed and changes. It's evolved alongside the cast of human characters so much, and been part of the players experience enough that you feel at home in Kamurocho, you feel it as a character, even if it's a setting.

Yeah they do that a lot, but I meant how Kiryu is clearly not a real person, he's modelled and designed from scratch, rather than having someone's face

is either Dragon of the People or The Dragon of the People

i think it fits the fucking series perfectly

"Dragon Among Men"
Not to be confused with Tian An Men 1989 haha.

WHOA BREAKING THE LAW

Attached: 1550159240949.jpg (464x454, 47K)

Kiryu stopped singing Judgment at karaoke because he refuses to sing it without Nishiki

>reversible cover

Attached: faf.jpg (400x400, 30K)

>spoiler
Dame dame, dame da dame damu yo...

Attached: JbjpAyg.png (501x600, 191K)

what other game has this? iirc Bioshook infinite had one

Why else do you think Tonight -restart from this night- is about Nishiki and Kiryus adventurers in Zero, and is also the top song on the list.

From the ps4 games I got only First of the Northstar and FFXII. I got the steelbook of Yakuza kiwami 1-2 so dont know if they have it

you gotta lose that virginity yo

Attached: snapshot.jpg (854x480, 118K)

Do they use actual, lethal guns in Judgement?

Majima has a karaoke song all about how he loves Makoto, and all he wants is for her to be happy

Likely just like in Yakuza, guns will only be lethal in cutscenes

so kiryu went to live with his waifu in america after 6??

lmao as if Yakuza will EVER acknowledge Kaoru again. Which breaks my heart because I really liked her.

>Complains about guns not being lethal
>When you can pick up a motorbike and slam it so hard it melts in your hands in to your enemy and they get up and walk away.
People in the yakuza games are near indistructible.

Maybe it's the depiction of Japan's healthcare system that's unrealistic.

>what other game has this?

Dragon Quest 11 has an amazing reversible cover.

Attached: 60ExbKs.jpg (873x577, 131K)

literally going to get this tomorrow

It's Kiryu's favorite song faggot

It was said in an interview that they're looking for a window to tackle Kenzan and Kishin. Their first priority is bringing current and mainline titles as quick as possible. Backlog projects like Kenzan or Ishin will be only started when there's nothing current to work on. At this point Kenzan would need a remaster at the very least, so we need to wait for Japanese announcement anyway. Ishin could probably just get a localization, but I'm not sure if they'd release it without Kenzan.

The fist of the north star game from them has one as well

A lot of japcrap

>and even then it had big framedrops if you do a jump attack
Raoh's fire rechnique drops it severely as well, especially when you use the Destiny Talisman for it.

No, sadly. You can date cute girls and eat nice women's home cooking though.

Attached: 劇場北西_.jpg (1920x1080, 525K)

Assassin's Creed Odyssey has a reversible cover for the other sibling

Zoom

Attached: file.png (1024x557, 1.09M)

So, 60~70 bucks? Will it comes with cheesy substories like Yakuza?

Man I've been so busy I haven't even bought Kiwami 2 or Fist if the North Star yet. Although Y2 is my favorite so I'm hesitant to see what Kiwami 2 did to it.

Guess I'll just spend my entire next 6 months in Kamurocho

Attached: 1516317314222.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

>in 2 years on pc at best
fuck

It’s great if you’re an autist for the Yakuza series
I’m not a FoTNS fan in any way but I love Lost Paradise

Antaga, sugite sugi sugiteee

YES MAN

FotNS will most likely get ported for two reasons. One, it's using the same engine as 0 and Kiwami and Lab42 has the engine pretty much perfected on PC at this point. Two, shounen shit is crazy popular in Europe and South America and PCs are much more popular there. If they release it for cheapo then they're bound to make bucks.
The Yakuza 6 PC comes from Sega's financial report. At the time, Kiwami 2 didn't release in English on PS4 yet. They outsource their ports, so the work can only start after English versions ships to consoles. It's not certain that Yakuza 6 will be the next game to come to PC though. It's just the only one after 0 and Kiwami we have some kind of confirmation for.
They did in Asia even though you can buy it on Steam there too.
Also, Vanillaware said they wanted to release their games on PC in an interview few years ago. They just probably lack the manpower to do so, especially considering their recent problems. Maybe Sega EU will surprise us.
The game's being heavily marketed for the West. It might actually come pretty soon to PC. Remember, they announced VC4 for PC out of nowhere at E3 and it had simultaneous release with consoles.

I mean it's not like OG Yakuza is a theatrical masterpiece in terms of VA, I might give it a go.

They dropped the requirement from 40 wins in 6 (Because of the rivals) to 30 wins in Judgment but from the wording it seems like it's a total of 30 wins, not in a row like 6.
gamy.jp/judgeeyes/judge-sega-puyopuyo
>ぷよぷよをプレイして累計30勝する
But it also looks like it also has all the rivals as a requirement
>ぷよぷよをプレイしてライバルを全員倒す
So now I'm not sure if you have to do all 40 in a row again. The % rate of people who got the trophies for KAMGO 100% make it seem like it's really easy this time since roughly 0.9% of people have the 100% which is unusually high.

It is broke though, the franchise is dying in Japan (and has started to dip in China already too)

Kuroiwa has the most badass fighting style out of all the final bosses

Never exactly thought of it like that, thank you user

If he just took the kids and moved to America he would've avoided everything bad that happened to him, moving to America = off the grid in this series

based nippon amirite

>I LOVE YAKUZA!!!!
Gayq
Trash series
Also nice blog faggot

Just get a cheap PS4 if you're really invested in the series.

>preordered Days Gone

Tripfag's here, abandon thread

Attached: 1550502549395.jpg (250x238, 35K)

>Spanish subs for this but not for the Yakuza series.

Fuck Sega.

It’s literally a retarded Nippon Engrish tier mash up of words

tripfag's been here for over 20 minutes, you're late

That dude is chock full of yakuza information and know how and has posted helpful information. He a good boy.

It's not accurate to label it as such. It's just a literal translation of japanese to english. It sounds messed up in english because japanese sentence structure is way different.

Bloodborne

Both are kino
Not enough games keep the PS4 logo on the reversible
10/10

He could do it without the trip. He's the Yea Forums equivalent of those faggots on youtube who desperately try to make themselves the official voice of authority about specific genres or franchises. F him.

Do people actually die or is everything still made out of rubber?

>F him
just swear, you bitch

I bought it. Did I play it? No. I just picked it up because it was $18.99 around Christmas. Now it's like $40+ on Amazon. I'm still playing through the actual Yakuza games.

>giving the slightest shit
U mad boi

Sorry dude but I'm trying to practice some self restraint for the month of March.

>Detective lawyer game! It's different!
>you still just roam around and beat people up with your crazy martial arts styles
This fucking devteam I swer on me mum...

Attached: Fist of the North Star_ Lost Paradise_201810021816.png (1920x1080, 3.09M)

>goes back to playing Anthem

Have fun dude. Game is really good.

Attached: zgUffSy.gif (728x408, 1.75M)

ishin and kenzan arent really related, i would be fine with only getting ishin

>western cover is actually better than the original cover

Attached: mfw yakuza thread.gif (500x281, 706K)

playing yakuza dubbed wouldnt work, just like playing gta dubbed would be awkward

Agreed.

where did you find this?

just got to the final playable character in 5

i like him

World wide web

So is this actually going to be good for once or what because yakuza games are fucking garbage and I managed to get myself to play through 0 and the remaster because I was legit that fucking bored and they were free.

mc dies by getting shot in the back

Ishin still sort of has minor continuing things from Kenzan. Some substories are continued, Gion is reused although it's nothing like it was in Kenzan, I think Komaki references his ancestor (I.E. the one from Kenzan) several times while training Ryoma, you still have the bridge connecting the Suburbs to The Florist's area (Now Rakugai), and some more minor things here and there like where Amon's battle takes place. It's nothing major of course, the substories and Gion are probably the biggest things of it all and Kenzan isn't needed to play it, it just enhances the Ishin experience.

I'll be the first one to admit I get corrected a lot and feel like I don't know much about the series. I forgot names constantly and have to look them up, I remember the most random of details and not the finer ones, and at the end of the day I just really like the series so I want to help people out with stuff that drove me crazy during my playthroughs. The trip is just because I like it there. Realistically there's too many downsides of having one and it instantly makes you look like an idiot to actually want to use it in the first place but I'm a stubborn dumbass who has a penchant for bad choices. It also tends to get people riled up like you are which isn't a good thing at all.
Make of that what you will.

Attached: 龍が如く 維新!_20171017122754.jpg (1920x1080, 558K)

Can there be Redline crossover DLC? Since the main guy in this also voiced Sweet JP in Redline? Pretty please?

Y6 sucked is this better

>early access
Dropped.

why dont some weeb just romhack translate the ps3 version?

Retard.

might as well call it yakuza judgment and then release ishin and call it yakuza samurai

it's been happening for awhile. they're translating the original Y3 and Kenzen right now.
yakuzapatch.tumblr.com/

i like you dude, and i'm sorry for that illness of yours. But tripfagging without a cause is one of the cancers this site has suffered for eons and only recently is somewhat lessening in popularity

Not like any of it matters with hiroshima desperatedly trying to kill the site off like he is

Attached: 1532904857966.jpg (620x751, 120K)

They are. Kenzan's been in the translation patch pipeline for around two or three years now and the guys behind it told us somewhere around January they want to hopefully get it out this year since they finally have an expanded team thanks to their partnership with the PS3 emulator team.
Ishin just had drop a couple days back and they're at least dedicated since they've already gone through the trouble of doing text hacks for things like the letters you get and editing the battle rankings so they fit properly.

Oh for sure, I'm with you on that simply because of the mindset it fosters, particularly the negative kind. Like I said, it's a really dumb thing to do willingly but to me I just like to see it there, that's all..

>with dual audio
why do people hate subtitles this much? this game is as japanese as it gets. why do you want literal japanese characters speaking enlgish?

Attached: 1483311291466.png (173x204, 71K)

There's a subset of people out there that refuse to buy games not dubbed in their native language. Did you see the backlash Squeenix was getting on KH3 for not including a French dub like in the previous games? When you went onto the Amazon reviews for 0 and Kiwami one of the top comments/questions was always "Is this game dubbed in English?". It basically gives them a wider net to cast if they spend the money on the dub, whether or not they make the money back is anyone's guess, but one could assume FotNS's reception gave them the go-ahead for this one, and I'm sure the surveys from the older games had something to do with it as well.

I know a few people that refuse to watch movies if they are subtitled. I dont get it either.

You'd be surprised how bad/slow a lot of people (mostly burgers) are at reading.

GUYS! SOMEONE IS TRANSLATING ISHIN INTO ENGLISH. HOLY SHIT

I LOVE YAKUZA

youtube.com/watch?v=w2cQXyK_DZQ

so what is Judgement? give me the tldr

Attached: 1360672694293.jpg (640x480, 96K)

>No PC :(
feels sad. Trully enjoyed the PC ports 0 and kiwami on pc, even after playing those on PS

Woot? No they can't! T totally want to play on the same map i have played the other 8 games before.

Nice
PC when?

Attached: 1466619261710.png (429x399, 10K)

I almost dropped FoTNS because I wasn’t aware it was dual audio and it defaults to the English dub
Why anyone would play these games in english is beyond me. The emotion from the jap VAs is unmatched from their english counterparts. its why I’ve grown to like Kiwami more than Y1

Spinoff of Yakuza taking place after 6's events. Takes place in Kamurocho. Follows an attorney names Yagami who managed to get a guy acquitted of a murder (Unheard of in the Japanese legal system) only for the guy to "murder" someone else and set his house on fire a couple weeks or months later. This lead to Yagami having his reputation in the lawyer world essentially destroyed causing him to lose his job, and because he suspects funny business about the whole thing he ends up as a private detective wanting to find out about all the events that lead up to that "murder". It takes place entirely in Kamurocho, he knows how to fight from movies and random self-taught karate lessons. He even learns how to Tiger Drop from one.

TL:DR 2.0:
Dude helped a guy get out of a murder charge via evidence and now he's a private detective trying to uncover some truths about the guy he saved murdering someone.

I'll do it for a second playthrough, if I do one that is.

fuck yea

so is it a game like LA Noire? You solve crimes and find leads etc? or is it an Action game?

Still shows december 31st for release date..And its 79.99 in canada...cries

burgers cant read properly

maybe give them a bit to update info?

never

youtube.com/watch?v=m-YDgqOdt5g
It's a game where you do Jackie Chan shit to petty thugs.

Yeah, they all got made on very little budget which is why the reuse the same city the entire time (I wouldn't wonder if 5 and 6 were the most expensive in the franchise due to the different cities in 5 and the 100% voice acting dialogue in 6), so it gets tiresome. I play 1-4 in a span of 2 years and needed another 4-5 years to play 5, 0, Kiwami 1, Kiwami 2 and 6.

It's got detective missions where you figure things out, yes, and the main story involves doing things like putting the pieces together of events, camera recordings, papers, safe contents, etc. Roughly an hour into the first chapter you pick a lock to break a generator, then pose as a repairman to start illegally searching for evidence about some of Yagami's suspicions before basically coming up to the guy he suspects and having a fistfight with him to get information. There are also things like L.A. Noire where you bug a guy and start asking him a bunch of questions and you can make silly choices for funnier outcomes but less EXP.

jesus christ

>they all got made on very little budget
define very little budget because Yakuza games feel like big budget games compared to other japanese releases

Sega is the most retarded company in the world I swear.

All in due time. The dev team isn't familiar with PC so the port needs to be outsourced and that only happens after English console version is ready. It'll probably come to PC sometime next year.

>Literal Engrish is better

Attached: 1550821497095.png (429x471, 313K)

>even japs rated it very high on amazon
That's actually a red flag

>It's evolved
There's less of it every fucking game. Please get that chink cock out of your mouth.

They probably use all the budget for the cutscenes, since Kamorucho has very little changes in every game. And this is what I mean with low budget, the enviornment barely changes.

Kind of want this game but I hate the battle theme

Tekken Tag 2

At least in this case it's distinct.

The budget is clearly put into the story, likenesses (Meaning both actors and the JAV girls), music, and texture quality first and foremost. The gameplay and Kamurocho's advancement advances slowly. It took them from Kenzan until around 4 to finally fix some of the issues with guarding, it took from 1 until about 3 to finally finagle their way into allowing you to attack behind yourself during a combo without stopping you in place and even then it's still pretty clunky until 4, it took from 1 until 6 to be able to vault over railings, kick enemies on the ground without having to stop in place to stomp them, run around the entire map using everything as a weapon no matter where you are, and enter stores seamlessly.

The jump from Kiwami to 6 is incredibly notable, as is the jump from 2 to Kenzan (Or 3 if you prefer), and you can tell they had to rework everything more or less from the ground up, but after the big rework they just iterate on the games tweaking and adding onto them. They're more big budget in the sense of having to deal with licensing rather than something you see primarily in the gameplay, the game still feels like a mix of gen 6, 7, and 8 design philosophies all in one, bet it from a gameplay standpoint or a graphical standpoint.

Funny how it's never a problem when characters are speaking Japanese in decidedly non-Japanese settings.

I'm very excited for this, the game looks rad.

HEY YOU

Well yeah, they're console exclusives .You didnt see that on Nier etc, even though they were ps4/pc at start

They literary used celebs for everyone besides Kiryu and Majima, nothing to be suprised about. They kept them as is, because thats who they were from roots, but hell, fucking Y6 had fucking Takeshi Kitano even and that comedian, I always forget his name, but I see him a lot on variety shows and gaki no tsukai specials

Attached: vYFpdXV.jpg (957x1200, 248K)

>muh illiterate burgers

I expected this meme response, but the truth is a game with voice acting is generally intended to be understood without subtitles. Of course I can fucking read, but why should I settle for an experience that contradicts the creator's intent?

>acknowledge the studio is called ryu ga gotoku studio
>don't acknowledge the game series is called ryu ga gotoku

Attached: 1549133531563.jpg (385x299, 13K)

They can't just change the name of the studio.
They can change the name of the game though.

a lot of people are settingfags and actually do use that as an excuse to use dubs

me on the left

hlp. I just played Yakuza 0 and Kiwami PC back-to-back and I'm out of content, except maybe getting 100% completion or maxing Haruka's trust.

Attached: [MegaBeast-Empire] Kanpai Senshi After V - 08 [AE9C4A41].mkv_snapshot_21.57_[2014.06.17_23.01.50].jp (1280x720, 47K)

Play Shenmue.

O-REETACHI NO JUDGUMEEEEEENT

it kinda pisses me off how well they are treating and pushing this new IP when they have never done the same for Yakuza,

this is Dragon Engine my dude. Switch version will never happen.

Attached: ddd2e898ed763d7502.jpg (604x720, 97K)

the switch would probably melt trying to run this game.
also, after the yakuza 1 & 2 ports flopped on the wii u, i doubt sega's willing to try again with a brand new unproven ip.

Why not go for Kiwami 2 then?

Yakuza has always been niche with very little western attention, now in current year, Yakuza is getting bigger attention, what with the ads for Kiwami PC release, but this is a fresh IP with the western eyes on their studio, so they can start pushing it. I imagine when the ports are being localized they'll get pushed too.

He might be a PC only

yeah obviously

>no only on playstation tag
Steam version in 2024 confirmed.

Oof yeah okay, I missed that.

Reminder that Yakuza is niche even on consoles and 0 was probably one in a lifetime hit for the series (Kiwami was in PS+ so the numbers are inflated).
Also, not in this image, FotNS sold 220k.

Attached: tnyfig3.png (806x862, 107K)

you do know that 6 is the highest selling there right?
everything else is multiplatform while 6 is on 1 platform only

PS3 was Japan only. Do you seriously think 0 sold 500k copies on PS3 in japan? That would make PS3 version responsible for almost half of the overall sales. It was said that in June 2015 it sold 500k in Japan + Chinese region of Asia. The math doesn't add up, 0 clearly sold the best.

To put it into perspective, P4G has as many players as Yakuza 0.

Attached: p6gre2.png (811x718, 99K)

I mean, it makes sense that it sold the best it's the prequel to a franchise with a very niche following, so it's an ideal starting point for people getting into it.

Fuck off forever version

No PC release?

Announcement at E3.

>tfw have a PS4 but the games are both cheaper and run better on PC
kiwami 2 WHEN
are they bringing the HD releases to the west?

Attached: 1550620138317.gif (125x125, 8K)

Probably as a bundle so we need to wait for 5 to come out in Japan first.

judgement may have an exclusivity deal with playstation, i would suspect that if they do, it's no longer than a year. if they keep using Lab42 to port their games, I would guess Kiwami 2 is up first.

5's not even out and the prevailing theory is it's either going to be a bundle here or they'll only start announcing stuff after it's out so they know what they're working with. I really hope it's a bundle over here because paying $40 for each game is going to be a bit much.

The Evil Within

Wait a year.

I wonder if porting Yakuza 6 to PC would be a nightmare because that game has sony product placement all over it.
Don't know if Judgment is in similar position.

the cheaper meme on PC has been debunked many times. Literally every game is more expensive on PC compared to consoles where you can buy second hand and it's legal.

Attached: 1545769880743.jpg (111x95, 3K)

I mean specifically the Yakuza games and steam is cheaper for me due to both PS4 game prices being inflated and steam's regional pricing

retard

Body is ready, been hyped for this since reveal. There's so many Yakuzas and I still haven't caught up so a game in the same world sounds wild.
This has me feeling the same vibes I do when picking up games like TWEWY or Omega Boost or Mirrors Edge
>developer with generally popular series finally gets a chance to make a pet project/side project and break away from the norm
Who hype here

that might be up to Sony, but i'm not sure it would be a nightmare for the PC, maybe xbox though.

originally someone came out in an interview and said they had 'no plans' for xbox, but recently the director said:
>Regarding the Xbox One, we can possibly consider it, knowing Xbox One users may be more likely to be interested in a game like Yakuza. This could potentially be an option.

windowscentral.com/yakuza-series-could-come-xbox-one-given-enough-demand

good news for xbox, bad news for PC. given that it took (at least) 6 months to port Y0 and 6 months for Kiwami, that could potentially be another year wait if they go with the same studio. it would fuck up all kinds of shit in terms of release windows for PC.

Xbox version would most likely go to Sega of America.

I don't see the issue personally, perhaps it's because i haven't played every Yakuza yet but i dont mind the familiarity

>This lead to Yagami having his reputation in the lawyer world essentially destroyed causing him to lose his job, and because he suspects funny business about the whole thing he ends up as a private detective wanting to find out about all the events that lead up to that "murder". It takes place entirely in Kamurocho, he knows how to fight from movies and random self-taught karate lessons.
this is a load of bullshit

>essential phoenix wright X yakuza
woah baby

>This lead to Yagami having his reputation in the lawyer world essentially destroyed causing him to lose his job, and because he suspects funny business about the whole thing he ends up as a private detective wanting to find out about all the events that lead up to that "murder".
No he doesn't he thinks the guy is guilty

>It takes place entirely in Kamurocho, he knows how to fight from movies and random self-taught karate lessons.
he knows how to fight because he used to be with the yakuza

stop spreading your retarded fan fiction

>No he doesn't he thinks the guy is guilty
youtu.be/8W3LTT5VRr8?t=78
Yes, and he only starts getting on his case years after the fact. He still got him acquitted the first time. I was wrong on it being what started his reasoning for getting into the private detective business, that was just because his reputation was shattered. The serial killer situation is what brings all that back to the forefront.
>he knows how to fight because he used to be with the yakuza
That's my mistake, I was just going off of what was said here originally and never fact checked that bit. Could be I'm getting it confused with Kiryu learning stuff from videos as well.

Guess you could say, June 25th is Judgement Day

Attached: judgement.png (1057x555, 447K)

key resellers are the PC equivalent of second hand.

PC when?

t.lazy burger, not illiterate

Even with dub, still a fucking lot of reading if that’s the kind of simple task that makes a retard curl up in disgust and go “ME NO PLAY NOW TOO MUCH READ READ”

>all the Japanese people who play without subtitles are lazy because they're not making it pointlessly harder on themselves.

You aren't a badass for using subtitles. The posturing is pathetic.

i think Japan has a serious problem understanding the Western audience. Dubs probably do sell better, but the game is a hard sell as it is. You can tell in Yakuza threads, some people just hate it and would rather all games be fortnite.

>why should I settle for an experience that contradicts the creator's intent?
so you're learning japanese?

It's ps4 exclusive until it isn't

>You aren't a badass for using subtitles.
That's why we usually learn more than a language out there.
Not saying every american is lazy like I initially implied, but most of them are very jaded and spoiled because english is the universal language and that makes them have an excuse not to make the same effort to consume other media with their original cast/language with subtitles like most other countries do, basically it's not exactly the people's fault.

I think they planned to, but I dont know how much they will commit given that it kind of bombed.

shut the fuck up lebbit poster

Also japan has a similar but at the same time different issue, while they also adapt everything to their own language instead of consuming it "raw" like the americans, their reason is because more than 60% of japanese live and die without ever even seeing a gaijin, that's also why they are still so stubborn and hard to change their ways, since they mostly keep it to themselves.
The biggest difference though, is while the japanese keep it to themselves, the american try to force everyone else to be like them and get extremely pissed off when they are refused.

But I've derailed the topic too much now, so I apologize and I'll stop the /pol/ discussion now.