Don't draw enough lands

>don't draw enough lands
>lose
are all tcg this shit
i mean it doesn't happen often but when it does it pisses me off

Attached: 528175-AA.jpg (1390x959, 288K)

Other urls found in this thread:

whatsinstandard.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

TCG are all based on RNG, just like board games. It's quite literally a part of the game. If you want to reduce it you need to have cards dedicated to allowing you to search your deck.

>6 lands is not enough
>in fucking Jund
The fuck?

>A card game has rng that doesn't always go in your favor.
No way!

Post your deck.

If you try and cut out RNG, the end result is a game like YGO where one deck is incontestable due to all cards searching each other and shit. It becomes boring.

It's a good design.

If you don't have rng, every game with your deck would play out the same and you'll get bored of it very quickly.

Attached: PA010002.jpg (2000x1500, 255K)

>don't draw enough lands
Mulligan is a thing. Also building a fast deck is another.
>artifacts that give you mana
>monsters that give you mana
>cards that help you draw lands
>etc.

his problem is hes playing a dumbass red black deck

Works fine. You can work around it with search cards or just mulligan. If the game guaranteed land drops, that'd throw a lot of interesting decks and interactions out of the window.

He's playing Jund. You can clearly see the forest.

Post your deck, maybe there is a problem we can fix.

rng is why I don't play commander with friends anymore
>mulligan offers no hope
>meanwhile leyline, land, mana crypt, sol ring, felware stone, mystic remora :^))))))

>Remora
Just wait like two turns jesus christ.

I still can't understand how commander got so big.

>games that lasts forever
>boards that get really convoluted, it's impossible to track what's going on when there's 60+ nonland permanents on the board
>attack someone, gets called for being a dick because it's wrong to kill guys and it's encouraged that everyone durdle around for 2 hours before the game ends

Attached: 1358210474661.png (314x323, 109K)

It's because it (theoretically) lets people use all their old cards.

Duel commander is infinitely better than multiplayer commander anyways.

>play unranked
>need to test my jank shit deck out
>first match
>have to mulligan down to 5
>opponent goes first
>drops a gate land
>its a gate deck
>fucker has everything
>growth spiral into guild summit into circorous route into gatebreaker ram and colossus
>I play a combo deck
>no enchantment removal
>only light on board clears
>can't deal with a giant Gatebreaker ram
>can't deal with a giant Colossus
>would lose any other match like this
>but this is different
>my opponent while apperantly blessed with the perfect draw, made a fatal mistake
>fucker plays only a single damn gate land
>Gatebreaker ram is a 3/3
>pays 7 mana for a Colossus
>draws absolutely nothing from Guild Summit
>never have I ever seen someone fuck up so badly when copying a deck list
>barely win because I get flooded with mana and all my combo pieces are on the bottom of my deck
mtg, what an experience

>not going a mono red commander that instantly kills one player super early and die right after
then you can just do some other fun stuff while your nerdy friends keep playing their autism fiesta

Attached: nexus before it was cool.jpg (776x1080, 221K)

According to Wizards, Mana Weaving isn't cheating as long as you shuffle sufficiently afterwards. When I played paper everyone in the local scene would Mana Weave and then shuffle vigorously and pretty much every game avoided players having to mulligan due to this. I have been mana screwed on MTGA more times in the one month that I have been playing it than I have in my entire life in paper Magic. It's very frustrating.

Attached: infinitepings.png (668x310, 348K)

>the original gimmick for edh is using your old cards that aren't worth anything to make fun decks
>got popular
>now all shitty edh centered cards are $50 a pop
>people still love to play this abomination of a format

Attached: 1457969640261.png (462x437, 172K)

>According to Wizards, Mana Weaving isn't cheating as long as you shuffle sufficiently afterwards.
Yes, "sufficiently" is the key word. Clearly you didn't shuffle sufficiently.

>When I played paper everyone in the local scene would Mana Weave and then shuffle vigorously and pretty much every game avoided players having to mulligan due to this.

That means they didn't shuffle enough, and you should've picked up their deck and give it a mash shuffle 10 times

MtG is fun in theory but every time I've tried to play it I wanted to kill myself.

>keep getting trap cards

WHO PROGRAMMED THIS?

Attached: latest[1].png (692x425, 493K)

Try reading it again, retard.

It's why decks have alot of search for land cards

>using normal monsters ever

man I remember when mtga was good. Then they went full retard and got rid of like 4 sets to introduce the first part of a set that would only let you play like 3 decks. Killed the game for me.

Maybe nu yugioh is more your speed op. You play a card and get whatever cards you need, every time. You might as well be holding the entire deck.

You can alphabetize your deck if you want, as long as you shuffle enough that the deck is completely randomized, wizards doesn't care.

Also remember that letting your opponent "cut" your deck means they can do whatever they want (as long as they don't see the card faces). There was a problem with mana weavers in one of my LGS's, and someone just straight up anti-weaved the decks. If you shuffle properly, then anti-weaving literally will not affect you at all.

Isn't it supposed to be basically the standard format?

I always weave my deck before my 7-10 shuffles. I don't care what anyone says the pre shuffle state DOES have an effect on the final randomization, no matter how many times you shuffle.

>playing resource oriented card games with dedicated "mana" cards

Force of Will did it better with dedicated mana pools. Fuck even Dragon Ball Super is doing it better because they lifed WoWs "any card can be played as mana for that color" system.

yea but they had this huge change to the format and instead of taking out the same amount of sets they put in they didn't this time and we lost a shit ton of cards. Even worse is that the set they brought in pigeonholes the fuck out of everything. Even worse than that is that this set makes the "you get some cards in this set and have to buy this entire other set if you want a viable deck" card game meme to a new level.

Fucking sucked.

Of course it does, but the end result should be completely random and unpredictable. There should be no functional difference between weaving and not weaving after shuffling.

Obviously it does if you don't randomize properly like in your case

Attached: 180px-Jupe.jpg (180x143, 12K)

That's called standard rotation, you fucking retard. Go back to yugioh.

no you retard thats not even it

What sets are in MTGA? How does it differ to the physical card game? whatsinstandard.com

As someone who plays Gates, you're full of shit. Most Gate decks run 7-9 non-gates, meaning he'd have to draw literally every non-gate land in his deck. Not only that, he'd have to go out of his way to grab basics from Route. Why would you type up a massive greentext and lie about it?

Attached: 1321706548233.jpg (526x395, 61K)

Doesn't matter how well you shuffle there will be always be a few clumps that didn't unstick in your deck. You should always go and make sure you unstick duplicates from each other, moving them to the back of the deck. You should also constantly be cutting your deck mid shuffle, or else you will continue to just shuffle the same cards against each other.

I'm a very thorough shuffler, there is no such thing as a truly random deck. You just have to shuffle enough that you can't predict or know what your draws are going to be.

This only happens because Konami wants to happen that way so they can sell their new cards, without banning it would've a diverse meta since most decks are consistent already.

If your weave has an effect on the final randomization, you are cheating. No ifs, ands or buts.

just the standard set. My whole post was about that change they made to standard format releases. We lost more sets than they put in for ravnica because of the change. It just really limited the card pool during that time.

But you said it wasn't the standard set rotation.

Every single thing you do has an effect on the final randomization.

Unless you are randomly generating your cards with a computer algorythm, there's no such thing as a fully randomized deck.

I said they had a huge change to the format. They changed how standard worked with its sets. They changed the standard of standard format. The use of the word standard is confusing here sure.

>people who have no idea how a deck works can't copy a deck list and then edit it without realizing that the deck won't work that way
okay, sorry for telling a true story about a single retard in an online trading card game

> stack deck
> give a half hearted anemic shuffle
> mumble something about the universe being deterministic
> proceed to draw perfect fair and square
kys excuse maker. YGO rules demand you let your opponent shuffle and if I could trust you greasy neckbeards to wash off the cheeto dust I'd demand that in MtG too.

trap cards are useful at least unlike getting a hand full of lands or no lands

doesn't mtg rules demand that you at least give your opponent the opportunity to shuffle your deck after you're done shuffling?

You are more than free to shuffle when your opponent presents his deck to you, that is part of the rules in MTG.

Insufficient shuffling is against the rules too.

There is nothing unfair about organizing your deck in any matter you please pre-shuffling, as long as you shuffle sufficiently enough to where you have no idea what it is you are going to draw.

MtG allows that as well. You have to let your opponent "cut" your deck, but "cutting" is not just separating it into two pile. You can shuffle that shit however you want, just as long you don't see the face of the cards.

>Drawing cards

Attached: images (9).jpg (460x667, 52K)

But it does.

Why mana weave then?

>trap cards
>useful
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbAbx1jmrIo

There isn't anyone in the world who 'has no idea how it works'. Every single card has the word 'gate' on it. Even without knowing the rules, a child could figure it out. Someone who didn't know how it worked wouldn't even be mentally capable of installing the game, let alone getting enough wildcards to build the deck. You're lying.

>Drawing cards,getting a monster and life

Attached: 636820427284880704.png (265x370, 186K)

Look at it like this. Shuffled improperly it stacks the odds, shuffled properly it wastes my fucking time for no point. Just yeet your cards together and get shuffling.

For the placebo effect it gives me.

Attached: s3_image.jpg (223x310, 39K)

Because it makes you feel better.

you underestimate the power of stupidity
but point-in-case, I made the claim of having said match and have no proof to show so we are at a draw here where you either believe a story from a random stranger on an anime image posting board or not

>"When you cast" trigger
>on something other than Eldrazi
Fucking modern magic.

>still playing trannies:the diversiting in 2019

Fuck you control shitter lmao

Most competitive games have some element of randomness to them.
>fighters - RPS or 50/50s in a lot of situations
>battle royales - random spawns of items
to name a few.
However, the same people are still the top players in those genres. You need to play around random elements and as long as you played optimally given your circumstances, then you shouldn't get angry even if you lose.

Attached: 1550638376991.jpg (960x702, 92K)

>". Round down each time."
wtf is that stupid wording?

>You can look at the opponent hand and discard a card for 1 mana and scry

Magic players still want to make fun of yugioh for some reason while having dumb cards like this

>sorcery speed
where is my sphynx revelation?

>resource mechanics are cancer that clog the deck
>yugioh cuts them out
>it's cancer because decks are too consistent

surely there's a better way to do things

The fuck, they printed a strictly better Thoughtseize?

Thought Erasure is 2 mana, fuckwit

Or just play fighting games and only win or lose based on skill alone

the only thing I could find with those criteria is pic related and shit was barely played at all

Attached: harsh scrunity.png (223x311, 125K)

I forgot since I don't play this shit anymore but giving a blue deck the power to look at your hand and discard a card from your hand for 2 times is retarded

I just can't imagine YGO with a resource system.
Even when they "used it" during the whole Shadow rpg arc

It being 2 mana ensures it will never be played outside of Standard.

>giving a blue AND BLACK deck
Thought Erasure isn't even that good. It's alright, but it doesn't actually put any pressure on the opponent, and it's a 1 for 1 trade.

but its not blue, its blue-black and if you played black you always had the means to look at your opponents hand and discard stuff

Attached: 300px-JarofGreed-SS01-EN-C-1E.png (300x438, 237K)

user, you should know anyone who bitches about mana screw doesn't know a fucking thing about the game anyway

>such a misleading text
at least post the correct one

Attached: 1512730725606.png (419x610, 470K)

I don't understand this card, even as a kid I knew it was strictly worse than pot of greed because you only got one card (didn't understand how card advantage worked at the time) and you had to wait a turn for it at that.

I don't really play yugioh, only played a bit of tag force games on the psp. As I understand you set that down to lure your opponent into wasting a card to destroy it then you activate to draw.

It's deck filler , exodia fags love any card that can help them getting the five shit pieces.

Try explaining this one too

Attached: F788F3D0-EDA3-4E29-A3F1-A6A7D4F5F95B.jpg (318x461, 52K)

It was fun before they fucked it up.

Attached: Duel_Masters_cardback.jpg (268x371, 18K)

It thins out your deck. If you have 3 of these it pretty much lowers your deck size by 3.

>draw card that can only be special summoned from deck
>return it to deck so you can special summon
is that it?

Just google "Why no one plays Jar of Greed"

>tag force games
C'mon now you had to remind me why I'll always hate konami
>no va for the west
>no translation for the last two games
>no more tag force vidya in general because fucking duel links
>erratas
>links

Attached: Screenshot_20190304-175532_1.jpg (1920x962, 324K)

>build up 51 health
>one shot someone
>rest of the table gets wild and it becomes a race to see who can feasibly deal one damage to me without opening themselves up to instant attack from someone else

Attached: bomb.png (223x311, 129K)

If it was something like “return up to two cards” that would be ok but you are also sending another card that most likely is not “special summon from your deck”

>dealing a single point of damage is hard

Attached: Image.jpg (223x310, 34K)

and yet it still exists in moonland.

serious it never died over there if anything it's their number one TCG sales wise.the only reason they tried bringing it back here is because Kaijudo was a mistake to an issue that the card makers were not ready to resolves. Reprints of a fuckbutt ton worth of cards needed to catch up.

just mana weave bro

Also they had some MTG crossovers

Attached: blackboxcards.jpg (500x341, 138K)

I did. First post in the first thread mentions its only purpose is deck thinning, which is exactly my point.
I know what card advantage is.

>There isn't anyone in the world who 'has no idea how it works'
>There isn't anyone that stupid!
user, there's ALWAYS someone stupid enough to fuck up something considered fool-proof, always.

>last standard rotation
>play that with a bunch of artifacts, card draw, Omniscience and Paradoxical Outcome
>shit was so satisfying when the activation dealt 50 damage to the enemy with a single *thud* sound
>always made me smile
I miss Kaladesh for cards like these but am glad it's fucking gone with the "top 16 decks are all red aggro variants"-meta

Except it's not good at that because it takes a whole fucking turn to activate.

Every single faggot that I've fought who ran Thought Erasure lost because they wasted a card on wasting one of my cards.
"Use 2 mana to do fucking nothing, wow that's so OP" said no one ever.

The real problem is probably that you love playing control and yet refuse to play U, denying yourself the counterspells that stop BS like Thought Erasure.

By definition "shuffle sufficiently" means the mana weaving doesn't have effect.

Retard

i remember when trap cards didn't need to do 3 different things with more effects in the discard pile in case in gets sniped to be considered "playable"

Gwent

ETB was always a fucking mistake. Who thought it was a good idea for counterspells to be a strictly better kill spell? What fucking retard decided that blue should be able to kill creatures more efficiently than black?

>Thought Erasure is wasting a card to get rid of a card
You're ignoring the Surveil part of the card and that Thought Erasure can really fuck up a curve. It's not like Unmoored Ego which basically gives your opponent card advantage. Thought Erasure fucks with your opponent which can be really valuable in certain matchups.

it tried

don't mention the OP shit. FoW's R&D department was garbage for the first few years but goddamn i loved that broken game like a son. too bad none of my MtG friends converted because they were allergic to weebshit.

Attached: 220px-Force_of_Will_card_back.jpg (220x307, 19K)

That's great, but it still thins your deck.
Now I don't know if there is another card that thins your deck out at instant speed because Yu-Gi-Oh is retarded and doesn't have sets, but if there is a better card to thin your deck out with fine. That still doesn't change the fact that if you want fewer cards in your deck, this specific card will do that for you.

>kill
I don't think time works the way you think it does.

There are cards that work only when your hand is empty for example.
So sometimes you do want to get rid of cards in your hand as fast as possible.

It's a situational card played only in very specific decks.

Games in yugioh last like three to four turns at most. Imagine wasting half a game to draw one card.

Also Pot of Desires is a thing.

it gave your traps evasion and thinned a deck and some other obscure stuff

honestly it costs nothing to give your important backrow card 50% chance to get hit instead of 100. It replaces itself while eating destruction which is even better than 1:1 negating something but the situation itself isn't that common.

>too bad none of my MtG friends converted because they were allergic to weebshit.

That's because FoW is bad weebshit. 90% of the art are garbage $5 commission tier from deviantart.

I play Vanguard because it's the good kind of weebshit. See pic related.

Attached: imperial daughter.png (684x1000, 1.4M)

>Play that in a Sydri deck
>Give it lifelink
It's the little things in life

Attached: Sydri.png (223x311, 148K)

Anyone playing Artifact?

>spend 5 mana to draw 1 card and get 1 life
>dies to bolt

most overrated card in the new set

try hearthstone
not now tho wait for april for these 2 shits to rotate out

Attached: hearthstone-the-witchwood-best-crafting-card-2.jpg (616x441, 69K)

They're effectively the same thing. So not only is blue the only colour capable of stopping spells, it's also the only one capable of stopping ETB.
I get that it's for "muh flavour" but if the flavour of your game takes priority over good mechanics...

get fucked counterspell cuck

>Shartifact

Literally why I stopped playing

New player here, been playing for about 10 days, just got the gold rank. I like the default red-blue deck with guttersnipes, currently trying to improve on it. I added more guttersnipes, goblin electromacers and electrostatic fields, what else is there for more synergy?

If someone gets something out, it can be incredibly hard to get rid of it in mono-blue.

Even if you splash other colours, too much control means it is hard to, you know, actually win.

that face is trash user and OTT is literally a waifu clan IN A GAME THAT HAS A LITERAL WAIFU CLAN. just play Buddyfight instead lol.

But it has been since forever

>attack someone, gets called for being a dick because it's wrong to kill guys and it's encouraged that everyone durdle around for 2 hours before the game ends
That usually happens when nobody is the obvious threat. That's why I run an Aggro Edgar Markov in EDH. people know I will wreck shit fast and they will usually unite against the common enemy. Even with that I usually get to kill at least one player before I get the sweeper. It's either win in 15 minutes or die in 15 minutes.

this guy gets it.

Blue shitters always cry the most tears.

user you do realize that is a parody of yugioh before problem solving text became a thing right?

Name three (3) commanders that would run this in 75% of their list.

>blue-shitters crying over a blue card
wut

Its a junk card

Pot of greed gets +1 advantage, so its shit by comparison.
Plus there are plenty of cards that let you draw more by discarding cards.

Yes, you are aware that while this is a parody its a parody because it's otherwise the truth, right?

Surveil is good but it's not good enough to make a bad card a good card.
What kind of curve does it fuck up? Wide decks don't care too much about any one thing and tall decks have more than one threat.
You're forgetting that Thought Erasure takes up a card slot, it takes up a draw when you draw it, and in the end you throw away a card from your hand to make an opponent throw away a card. It doesn't impact the board in any way.
Every card has a use in certain match ups.

G/U are control colours, if you have to panic summon a hydroid krasis at x=1 then you're probably losing to aggro which is what control does best.

Too bad Duel Masters died, it had a very elegant way of handling that.
You could elect to play any card as a "land" instead, and it would provide its color mana when used to play other things.
Avoids mana flood/screw while still having a meaningful resource system. (as opposed to Yu-Gi-Oh where there is no resource system and people can play 2/3 their deck turn 1)

Turning it into Drakes or Phoenix.

>Hope your clan gets support that isn't shit this year: The Game

I quit because my boys were so outdated they fell behind everyone else. Meanwhile Gear Shitters got stuff every other set.

Attached: 1547573980746.png (1280x1360, 848K)

>decided to play mono blue cancer this season

>tfw im doing better than ever before

playing jank is fun but winning often is way more fun

Norin the Wary (free way of triggering ability)
Adeliz (free way of triggering ability)
Niv-Mizzet, Parun (free way of triggering ability)

>hearthstone

"No."

Crackling drakes and pteramanders are safe bets

Let's see how many yugioh card texts I can fit in one post
>This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Salamangreat" Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon. If you control a FIRE Link Monster, you can also use "Salamangreat" monster(s) in your GY, by shuffling them into the Deck. If this card in its owner's possession is destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can Special Summon 1 "Salamangreat Emerald Eagle" from your hand, ignoring its Summoning conditions.
>A monster that was Link Summoned using this card as material cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect for the rest of that turn. You can only use 1 of the following effects of "Salamangreat Wolvie" per turn, and only once that turn. If this card is Special Summoned from the GY: You can target 1 FIRE monster in your GY; add it to your hand. If this card is added from your GY to your hand by an effect: You can reveal this card, then target 1 FIRE monster in your GY; add it to your hand.
>If you have 3 or more "Salamangreat" monsters in your GY: You can send this card from your hand to the GY, then target 1 "Salamangreat" Link Monster in your GY and 1 card in your opponent's Spell & Trap Zone; return that targeted monster from your GY to the Extra Deck, and if you do, destroy the targeted card on the field. If a card(s) in your opponent's Spell & Trap Zone is destroyed and sent to the GY, while this card is in your GY (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon this card in Defense Position. You can only use 1 "Salamangreat Foxer" effect per turn, and only once that turn.
>When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Level 5 or higher DARK Dragon monster in your GY; Special Summon it in Defense Position, negate its effects, destroy it during the End Phase, also you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of this turn, except DARK monsters.
>4

Attached: 1551485097087.jpg (720x643, 23K)

Attached: thiswillbetheend.png (940x801, 614K)

I thought pot of greed was banned because it's an idiotic card to have in a game without a cost for spells?

Choose a better clan then dumdum

Meanwhile bermuda players like me only get one support product every year.

Attached: PA080004.jpg (2000x1500, 1.78M)

>Hearthstone
>the game where every third card has the literal word "random" on it
>the game where RNG is 95% of winning or losing, deck building and proper play being only 5%
>the game where you have to spend $300+ every few months for packs to get either the actually played cards or enough shit cards to disenchant for enough dust to craft the actually played cards

>90% of the art are garbage $5 commission tier from deviantart.

you mean when it WASN'T getting censored. I know that isn't a thing anymore who the fuck thought anyone was playing FoW other than manchildren?

>Start game with 5 cards
>2 of them Jar of greed
>I only have 3 cards to defend myself from my opponent's OTK next turn.
And that's why nobody runs Jar. Best case scenario you bait backrow removal.

Attached: 1548431089307.jpg (288x304, 28K)

>he can't stop talking about card games he hates
wew lad nugioh living rent free

What? Waterknot, Capture Sphere, Time of Ice, etc. U has their very own brand of W's Arrest. The only thing U can't do, seemingly, is direct damage. Admit it, whoever designed U was self-inserting as a U wizard.

Also,
Mill decks: Nothing but control and mill
Combo decks: nothing but control and their win con
I have a deck that has zero (0) creatures in it. It has a 57% WR. When you have total inevitability it is 100% possible to win with assloads of control.

If you dont like card games don't play them.

>FUCK NARUKAMI PLAY KAGERO LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

also don't brag about Bermuda. They go through the same cycle every time.

>BT set comes out
>hottest most broken mechanics upon release
>1 month later
>new card smell wears off and they fall off the rails until next year

Pot of greed is only good because its a free +1 without any discards. That said I'd rather discard 1 card and redraw my entire hand.

I cant think of a draw card worse than jar of greed.

>I thought pot of greed was banned
It is.

>>the game where you have to spend $300+ every few months for packs to get either the actually played cards or enough shit cards to disenchant for enough dust to craft the actually played cards
>implying that not a problem with every DCG

No idea why. There are plenty of cards better than it.

>Neo Nectars

roses were made to be burned.

>If someone gets something out, it can be incredibly hard to get rid of it in mono-blue.
Oh no, someone got a permanent onto the battlefield, if only mono Blue had bounce spells or tapping spells that don't let the target untap.
Oh, wait, it does. Blue is the best color and it infuriates me to no end. "White isn't allowed card draw because it has the best answers" meanwhile Blue has counterspells, counter-ability-spells, bounce, permanent tapping, and conditionless exile (Reality Shift, Curse of the Swine, etc), all while also being the best card draw color. Literally the only downside Blue ever has is mana, and it easily gets that from a slight splash of Green which coincidentally then gives it access to UG which is the strongest color combo with even more ridiculous answers, card draw, and ramp.

Exactly. There's a reason I don't touch any digital card game, and exclusively play paper MtG while only playing draft, sealed, and EDH.

There is literally no reason not to have it in any deck. Just gets through your deck and to your win state faster

I remember there was some other TCG that tried making all permanents count as lands, so you could just play a blue creature from your hand into your mana zone to get 1 blue mana. That always seemed like a better system than how it works in magic, but they'll never change it at this point.

>no cost
>draws 1 additional card
>he can't see why it's banned
Name one reason why you WOULDN'T play with it

Even if pot of greed would draw only one card, I would play three copies in every decks.

>Free card draw
>No literally, you will +1 each time you activate this card with absolutely no drawback.
>Auto-staple for every deck.
The reason it's ban is because there's literally no reason not to run it. It's not like magic where you need mana to cast shit, or pokemon where you're only allowed one Supporter card per turn. Pot of greed is just a free +1 that makes your deck more consistent.

Attached: 1549665741653.png (600x600, 702K)

YGO has a lot of meta diversity right now my dude

I know the DBS card game did that, but that game has a bunch of other problems, like fucking SS3 Goku being the only viable leader for months.

Duel Masters did that.

Shadowverse is unironically the best TCG

>Expansion every 3 months on the dot
>Balance patches every month (if needed)
>Incredibly generous to new players (50 packs right out the gate, can reroll similar to gatchashit games until you get what appeals to you)
>Legendary/Gold rates from packs actually reasonable
>Constant flow of gold and rewards for those who play consistently
>Evolve mechanic is unique and always provides an oppurtunity for a comeback
>Ingame tournaments with exclusive rewards
>Varied meta and playstyles with both formats being equally represented
>Cute card art and the ability to listen to voices in Jap or Eng with no hassle

Try Shadowverse if you're sick of the other guys, you won't regret it

Attached: C_111331020.png (536x698, 706K)

That's like asking why Black Lotus is banned in MTG.

>Have to install on mobile or emulator to re-roll
I'd play if not for that hassle.

>Waifu strike
>Dangers/Thunder Dragon
>Salamagreats

Is there anything worse in MTGA than those singleplayer decks with a dozen boardwipes in them?

>fountain of renewal
>azcanta
>dawn of hope
>12 boardwipes
>arbitrary wincon that can be changed for any other wincon without changing the rest of the deck

going solely off the image you posted it looks like weeb Hearthstone and trust me as much as I hate how every online TCG is just a money sink trying to jew you every step of the way I'd probably be willing to put up with the F2P grind in that game if its design was actually fun.

I played Shadowverse when it started 2 years ago.

I just wish they updated their UI to make everything go faster. I simply can't stomach the mandatory 10-15 second wait time animation between getting connected to an opponent, and actually starting a game. And the card animation is really slow compared to MTGA. They should also force your opponent to auto give up their turn when there's nothing else to do, like MTGA

Those seconds seconds here and there stack up quickly when you're trying to grind daily wins.

Attached: 1512938953846.png (1280x1688, 1.01M)

>user go make your own EDH deck so you play with something besides precons!
>Ok
>100 euro minimum for an ok fun looking tribal deck

Your pretending seeing your opponents hand isn't an advantage? Your understanding of the game isn't good enough too be making these statements, when you don't see the value in hand-reveal.

Pauper EDH is more fun. There are metric fuckloads of uncommon commanders.

And that is how Standard works. When Standard rotates, it removes a year's worth of sets and brings in...the first set of the coming year (which starts at the end of the year yes).
This is how it's been for decades now, it's not something special about Arena or a change - in fact, the one time they DID try changing it, to make less stuff rotate out at once, keep more of the format in, but rotations happen slightly faster (oldest 2 sets every 6 months instead of oldest 4 every year), it was met with such outcry that they hastily reversed the change after a single rotation, thus fucking up standard due to shit being in the environment that wasn't supposed to be around together. This wasn't that long ago, even - it was in 2015, when they swapped from the year's releases being 3 sets grouped in a block (with an unrelated core set filling things in) to two blocks of 2 sets. (This was also dropped recently, lots of changes past three years for some reason)

Yes, decks with nothing but counter spell.

Hand reveal is worth like 0.25 mana. Git probe is good because it is effectively free.

Stop playing mid range. You'll find yourself complaining a lot less when you give in to playing RDW with their 20 possible variations on lightning bolt

Or another answer is to realise when you've lost control of the game and that it's time to concede and move on. You don't HAVE to sit around hoping they make a mistake, because chances are they won't.

Your cards are worthless against Exodia.

Attached: yugioh.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

I admit, mind rot is the superior card. 2 discards for 1 card.

I stopped after the Alice in Neutralverse set like a year ago. How is the meta/balance now?

I know the value of hand reveal, you seemingly don't.
You can only play around your opponents hand so much. If you keep saving your kill spell for the big guy you revealed and end up dying to the 3/2, what advantage did revealing the hand give you? Not to mention it's only 7/60+ cards anyway.

just mulligan

I SUMMON EXODIA

Attached: 967cd849e744bb76ce67788274227887.jpg (1764x1644, 458K)

>playing a dead weeb game
lmaoing at ur life kid

Is this the paid or free mtg game?

DBS card game was pretty awesome. I played for about 2 months, until I realized Bandai has absolutely no fucking idea how to balance and release insanely broken cards every set, only to release an absurdly hard counter to those cards next set along with more broken shit and continue infinitely. Really sad.

Alice and neutral in general got nerfed hard. Meta is balanced for the most part every craft has atleast one playable deck. Only problem is dragon can shit up your games with their highroll ramp but there are decks that punish it.

omg

I enjoyed Shadowverse but had to quit because the powercreep was just too much.
Every single meta that game had was dictated by one or two decks that just shat all over everything else, and the ladder was people playing those decks or people playing decks trying to counter those decks, no in between.
Shit got boring.

There are better cards that are not banned and if I could unban a draw card it wouldnt be pot of greed.

Why go ban happy on draw cards when cards let you directly search your deck and summon end game monsters

... because you can have those draw cards AND the tutor cards?
Because every single card that says "draw x cards" does nothing but thin out your deck?
Because the best deckbuilders understand that you want as few cards in your deck as possible?

It's not all weebshit art but a good amount of it is.

I stopped playing MTGA precisely because I felt everything took too long. I have no problems with SV's loading by comparison since games are generally pretty short

Attached: E_900841100.png (536x698, 643K)

>Why go ban happy on draw cards when cards let you directly search your deck and summon end game monsters
Because this cunt and other cunts like her exists

Attached: 1186279.jpg (311x450, 41K)

I also forgot to mention they just went and added a new class that is super high IQ and fun to play while also adding in rotation format.

you don't seem to get it.

there are cards that read better and cards that are better in specific decks but the thing about pot of greed is there is literally no reason not to run as many copies as you can in literally any deck.

any card that is objectively good in every single deck is not good for a game's health. There's a reason Upstart Goblin is at 1 and that's far worse than pot of greed and is only worth it in like 95% of decks instead of 100%.

>like fucking SS3 Goku being the only viable leader for months.

it's funny we still had a triangle format despite most people only using that leader. Even the new hot shit Yellow Broly is proving to be the overhyped leader it is. It burns out too quickly and sweat bullets when it doesn't have it's precious Cold Bloodlust for the Chain Zeno play.

There's a reason MtG is best of 3. Getting mana fucked 2/3 times usually means that your mana base sucks, and any higher ratio than that is confirmation. Also any cmc higher than 6 should essentially win the game unless it's an X spell.

If some nerd is mana weaving, go through their deck and clump all their lands together before you shuffle.
>What's the problem? I'm shuffling it sufficiently afterwards.

>game is 2 sets in and Wizards REFUSES to give it Organized Play w/ locals and shit

forehead loli is a cancer but a necessary cancer

this is your brain on netdecking

Attached: disbelief.png (238x301, 159K)

I play RDW plenty but its still boring as hell to play agains these retarded decks.

I'd honestly way rather play against RDW brainlets than Esper faggots in Arena

?

>tfw games with best anti-manascrew features are dead
rest in peace Duel Masters, Wixoss, and a few others whose name i have forgotten
honorable mentions to Netrunner, a cardgame that died twice, and dice casters, a /tg/ homebrew game that died before it was truly born.

Attached: pay respect.gif (750x750, 726K)

superstitions and feelgoods, mostly.

breh I can't explain my post to multiple people who are literally saying what I'm saying. I guess I need to edit the original post so I can't to make it more clear.

don't @ me

>He still doesn't get it.
Let's say pot of greed is unbanned completely. Every body can (and will) run 3 copies in their decks. Now every deck might as well be a 37 card deck. Seems fair at first, but there's more. there are some game where you won'd draw pot of greed, but your opponent will and you'll be at as severe disadvantage since card economy/advantage is very big in yugioh.

Pot of greed basically helps every decks, but it also help broken decks to get to their broken shit quicker, and it's existence also enable decks that were previously pretty inconsistent to actually be consistent. Exodia with three pot of greed is a lot more achievable. The cards you think are better than Pot of Greed are made better by said pot of greed because you get to draw them more often. The hard part of a strategy is drawing the cards, and pot of greed is the best card draw spell in the game Maybe there's an argument to be made for Graceful charity.

he's probably talking about the time when some part of the egypt block was still in paper standard but was unavailable in Arena, even though it was a few months before then along with Kaladesh. Now the egypt block has rotated out and arena rotation is similar to paper's standard

>Wixoss
More like Wixhoes

>GU
>spend 5 mana
>with cards like Growth Spiral and the entirety of G
yeah nah

You're the kind of guy that trades his fetches and shockland for rares aren't you?

Attached: 1551469636257.jpg (125x70, 2K)

>buying packs
Bitch, please. You should be buying singles of what you need.

A lot of stores give out packs when you win locals.

>win locals, collect packs
>open chase rares, sell them to other players, do it often enough to offset the cost of buying a fun tier 1 deck for Standard

Shows you don't play irl at all user.

Attached: P2080002.jpg (1500x2000, 1.7M)

@

Hearthstone solve this problem by increasing your Mana pool by one every turn until you reach 10 Mana which is the cap. You do not need to put Mana generating land cards in your deck.

but it's fun tho. i think. i'm not really sure because i haven't played it because i dont speak moon.
also the girls are cute. and the themes of sacrifice overlaid on top of aid cute create gap moe, which is nice.
also also it's kinda like commander and commander is currently one of the only two good formats in MTG, the other being Cube, so that's something, right?

yeah but was the fucking point when vomiting a board of small guys was always more cost-efficient than playing 1 big guy? The devs of HS were retarded despite fixing manascrew.

too bad every other card in hearthstone literally says "random" on it's effect text, so you trade a fix of one random thing for more random things; so what's the point?

also, doing things like capping the max mana pool and disallowing consistent mixes of two or more classes' cards is more reason why HS is worse than MTG-likes. and no, card that say "gain a random card from class X, Y or Z" are by definition the opposite of consistent.

>win locals
if only it was as easy as you put it

Just put more lands in your deck lol

Attached: 20190121_170131.jpg (4032x2268, 2.75M)

It's a card game user, just by showing up you get a %chance at winning. Even against people who've spent hundreds on their decks, sometimes they get fucked by RNG.
Just show up enough and you're bound to win a few.

>not running mono red with 18 lands

Can't get mana fucked if you don't need mana.

the Final Fantasy TCG almost completely removes auto-losing to not drawing lands by making basically every card able to be discarded for 2 mana.
They fix a ton of other things too.
Played and loved MTG for 20 years and can't imagine going back to that game after seeing how good a TCG can actually be.

Attached: jecht-dissidia-final-fantasy-74.1.jpg (210x240, 16K)

What's the matter, user? Autism stops you from having fun in a social setting?

Attached: P2140001.jpg (2000x1500, 2.06M)

Part of card games is realizing that skill matters over the long term, but in short terms (i.e. single games) variance can fuck you over no matter what and you just have to let it go. If you are actually getting better at the game you will notice your long term win rate improve and it feels good. That's why it's important to keep track of your stats in whatever game you're playing and get better at match ups that you should have a higher win rate at.

Standard is shit right now, to be honest. I don't want to drop 100 dollars on a deck I don't want to play in the first place.

Attached: 1532484239185 2.png (529x501, 232K)

>standard is shit right now
>you can get a 2 tier 1 decks for under $100 each

Sure. Keep making excuses, user.

i asked you about winning, you deflected with "lol fun". that saddens me. if i wanted fun i'd buy some sleeves and bulk commons and print myself a cube.

I see, so this is what Teferi decks do. Eat, shitpost, and youtube while they are playing. No wonder they can tolerate playing their 40 minute games.

>I don't want to drop 100 dollars for a deck I don't want to run in the first place
Nice reading comprehension.

And Pot of Greed helps you get to the tutor card you want faster

Card games are about getting to a win state. If you could have a deck of 5 cards that would win you the match every time, everyone would just roll with those 5 cards, slap them on the table and you'd have no "game." Required lower limits on deck sizes and limits on copies of the same cards basically force you to deal with RNG and suboptimal cards for your strategy for the sake of making things fun. Pot of greed is a completely free card that draws for itself and one more. It's basically like having one less card in your deck (and thus more likely to draw the cards you do want) AND helps you draw faster

>Playing online card games.
>Not designing and playing your own.

Attached: Elder Phoenix Rising.jpg (3072x1728, 1.08M)

Because commander is the most fun way to play the game unless someone starts taking 20 minute terms.

Attached: christmas-colorless (1).png (600x992, 287K)

If your draw is good you would also benefit from having it on Mizzix (drop him one turn, this, a 2 and a 3 cmc spell, get 3 counters in a single turn, probabbly more depending on your mana situation).

what do if you only draw land though

Attached: 1541727657386.jpg (396x554, 132K)

>thinking I have that kind of time just to make something to die to MTG.

>dies to removal
that argument is retarded.

firmly grasp it

what the fuck is that
i dont into commander so i am very confused. does that deck win?

Attached: ermacool, the gig is up.jpg (375x523, 46K)

More like dies to the always there boardstate rules.

It won its only game so far. Wished for the urzatron, used all is dust to stop the degenerate person in our playgroup (who did actually take a 20 minute turn), thought he was dealt with so went for someone else. He casts replenish so I codex for all is dust again, then I just hit him and others till they died.

It was pretty slow for a while so I don't know how hell it'll do in other games.
This deck has had many other games and seems to do pretty well, due to someone else having a haste effect out I went infinite on like turn 6 or some shit once

Attached: christmas-naya (1).png (600x1411, 472K)

I've seen this near a hundred times and it never stops being funny.
Fucking love how the card text is still relatively understandable.

>playing RNG the game

>fucking esper faggot dualscreening while playing his gay ass 40 minutes nothing happens singleplayer games

You are a cancer upon this earth

RNG is fun

Attached: russian roulette.png (623x445, 583K)

It's annoying but building a mana base is an integral part of the game. Now shocklands being fucking rare's that's criminal.

shocklands begin rare is understandable, they're powerful and cost a lot, but for some reason the weaker, cheaper checklands are also rare, which is complete and utter bullshit for someone on arena.

Next set feature fetchlands at uncommon.

However they look incredibly ugly

>Next set feature fetchlands at uncommon
o rly?
>However they look incredibly ugly
what is every 9 in 10 magic cards ever after all the old artists left

Are you really crying about something that doesn't effect you? Are you upset thinking about how that's one less person playing fortnite?