I heard this is good now

Can anyone confirm?

Attached: anthem key art_preview.jpg (1477x2048, 839K)

good at destroying your ps4, yes

/thread

It's actually worse than what it was before release, hilariously enough
the only commendable change that they did was let the colossus have it's shield up while reviving players and give drops better rolls.
Other than that, it's nothing but one disappointment after another, no ETA on vital QoL features or proper content

fpbp

Yeah DUDE its amazing now apart from the fact the game will potentially brick your console. Even on PC the game rapes your CPU like its on cyber crack or some shit.

Attached: 1529975242389.png (1438x1030, 1.25M)

I wonder what EA (or rather Bioware) will do after this
will they stick to the game and fix it? or just one or two patches and abandon

It's weird how people nowadays wait for fixes and patches. Went from waiting for next game to the next patch. I guess that's how things are now.

Fun gameplay, dog shit tier everything else

They're already missed several events on their roadmap, so it wouldn't surprise me. They are so busy trying to make their game not set houses on fire that they can't even make content.

They'll fix it, or atleast try to.
They're so incompetent that the game will be struggling for atleast 3-5 months. They'll never get it right, but they might just pull enough players back to have some kind of playerbase after atleast including chat and more customization

Awesome I hate playing games so this is perfect

It's alright, but not amazing. The main thing I've taken away from it is that they could make a great Iron Man game from it.

the gameplay is objectively good, so are the graphics, but because it doesn't have as much cinematic bullshit as mainstream AAA titles it gets trashed

Or a super man game

I was enjoying it until I had to find the 5 shrines in free play and gave up.

This game is a trial in patience. And I am not patient enough for it.

>a looty shooter
>gameplay is objectively good

Attached: thats pretty funny.jpg (240x320, 29K)

Good at bricking consoles.

Didn’t BioWare say they spent nearly 10 years making the game? Yeah I understand that most of that was probably spent coming up with the world and shit, but this is a GAME above all things. Not a fucking storybook. You’d think they would have got that right but no.

>This is the type of people that lurk on Yea Forums nowadays
All is lost.

This is bullshit, a game can't brick a console.

You know the lefties are the ones fabricating this nonense right? They want bioware making far left propoganda, not this.

>worst bullshit story I've ever heard
>repetetive gameplay
>enemy variation is pretty low
>loot system is pure RNG
>crafting system is comepletely useless
>next to no possible variation in defining your playstyle (e.g. want to go hard on one weapon/skill/melee type? You can only equip 1 buff of your 20 available ones for that)
>late game content consists of only 3 missions, nothing else
>and thats not even touching its random bugs, crashes & server problems
yeah, it surely is because it's low on cinematics

It is such a mess that it is even killing ps4s
Anthem is shaping up to be a bigger blunder than F76

But Bioware is already making far left propaganda. They even hire people who publicly brag about how much they hate white males and the west, to work in their games :/

Nice try, Biodrone.

i like that someone out there actually believes this

>Yeah I understand that most of that was probably spent coming up with the world and shit
They must have had literal monkeys banging on keyboards if after a decade, this the best world building and story they could produce.

it's goRgEoUs

Attached: 2019.jpg (1342x578, 298K)

what this the final nail in the coffin for bioware?
have they made any good games since mass effect? (1&2)

yeah it looks shit but what multiplayer game has better looks/graphics when you zoom in on a dirt patch in the woods?

i think crysis had multiplayer but i only had dialup then so i never got into it.

btw it's not zoomed in. it is cropped but the rest of the screen is the same shit i just cropped it for manageable image size

Totally agree. What the shit were they doing?

alright, fair point. Then let me re-phrase that for you:
what multiplayer game has better looks/graphics when you look on a dirt patch in the woods?

Good:
>Flying like iron man is legit fun
>Grounded movement and animation is also good.
>Good sound design on your jav and guns
>Gunplay is actually decent, even if enemies are bullet sponges they are easy to flinch and it feels like you are steadily overwhelming them

Bad:
>It uses frostshite with all the bugs that brings
>It literally bricks consoles
>Missions are boring
>Story is terrible and every main character is an annoying Basedblood
>Worst loot system of any loot game
>Lack of content
>Rather than take advantage of the story literally saying there is a chaotic fountain of creation remaking reality all the time they only have one large open world and one type of environment, a wet forest. In a game where you are gonna grind endlessly having procedural gen and a huge catalogue of tilesets for levels is vital.

>Flying like iron man is legit fun

no it isnt since its limited.

>Post-EA Bioware Masterworks
>0% chance of making a good game, 0 good games made, stacks to 0

It was normal even back then. Release the game now, patch it later isn't anything new in gaming industry, it's just more obvious today.

any battlefield from the last several years

>>Rather than take advantage of the story literally saying there is a chaotic fountain of creation remaking reality all the time they only have one large open world and one type of environment, a wet forest. In a game where you are gonna grind endlessly having procedural gen and a huge catalogue of tilesets for levels is vital.

Holy shit, this. The nature of the Anthem, the namesake of the game, implied the world could be infinitely altered by different players fucking with things. They even implied earlier in development that going into end game dungeons involving the Anthem had a chance to alter the surface world for other players; this is entirely nowhere to be seen and brings the core mechanics, design concepts and narrative themes into question. It's like they had the ONE thing that would set this game apart from others in the genre and they didn't even fucking finish it before launch. Frankly baffling, on top of everything else that's actively fucking this game.

I'm pretty sure spiral Knights already did that gimmick.

>Flying is fun
Its a travel power and just about nothing more. Man people forget flying in CoH/CoV and how it is basically the same system just without heat.

I just checked their subreddit and am just baffled by the astroturfing.

Threads are getting reddit gold left and right for no apparent reason, like random screencaps of NPCs looking at the players. In any other environment it'd be a reaction image, except all the designs are so grotesque. Even the 'insiders' are weird and artificial. Like they can't even speak english properly and they'll still get gilded

Attached: 1551750380367.png (438x303, 90K)

I believe you're right, but it's not uncommon in this industry (or most industries, for that matter) for smaller teams to innovate with risky new ideas just to have larger teams dump more money into their rendition of the same idea and call it "original innovation", hence most large mobile games being clones of early flash games and the like.
Point being, while not entirely unique, it would still set it apart amongst the other AAA titles it's competing against. As someone who has an unhealthy liking for Diablo clones/shoot and looters, Anthem falls short on almost every regard. Sure, flying is fun but why put up with the rest of the game when Warframe has a more stable gameplay loop and has enjoyable traversal? Sure, magic and some skills are fun, but why play Anthem when handcannons in Destiny are already more satisfying in the hands of a half decent player? What none of them have is a huge, constantly changing open world that offers varying and unique opportunities to gain different loot every time you play. That could've been the lynchpin in the design, and seems like that was the plan to begin with. Unfortunately what we're stuck with doesn't advance or innovate on the genre in the slightest, and in fact only regresses on ideas already made. A shame. I wanted to like it

Attached: 1551389981677.jpg (640x853, 98K)

Games that let the player alter the environment tend to get hectic fast so I can't blame a company from shying away from it. That said from playing the game it seemed pretty clear to me that the Anthem was more of a plot device to let them alter the game map however they wanted so that they could make different post launch things do whatever they wanted, rather than adhering to their original creation.

they already abandoned andromeda after what? 2 months after release

I'm pretty sure Andromeda was abandoned to make them work on this game. Which is just hilarious really.

If anthem was free to play this entire thing could've blown over with a few laughs, but no they made it a full priced game initially and now it's become a true gold mine of hilarity

Attached: 1492881455210.jpg (441x403, 32K)

I think it would work with minimal player agency and direct input, more or less a set up of "because you did this, there's a small desert biome over here now, and there's an Arctic one here where this mountain used to be". Less like the player getting to choose themselves, more just happenstance and balanced area placement to give different chances for new loot. Like, if there were a gun or mod you could only get in a desert biome, but a desert won't always be there. It's limiting in its own way, but also opens many new doors for innovation and player initiative to actually DO the endgame missions.

>Anyone in a position of authority over you is a woman
>The other is a drunkard
>Emporer's line confirmed ching chong
>Brin is outright autistic
>Legendary Lancer everyone knows about was a woman
>Her second was a woman
>Only other men are a joke
>Ones a washed up has been
>The other betrays you
>One white guy is a surfer air head bar tender
>Another is a noble who gets blown off by ching princess every turn
>Entire town is a mutt paradise
Are you even trying?

Software can’t brick a console. It is literally impossible for software to affect hardware whatsoever. If you look at all the complaints it’s clearly due to overheating on a select few ps4 consoles. Fucking idiot

post that image of the divesity in anthem

Is that even possible.

>bricking console faggots pos4
yep its great LMAO

what a coincidence that a rushed tech demo which also had fucked up sound bugs in the beta now also causes other problems

go back working on anthem and stop the damage control please. so that in 1 year anthem can at least have halve the content other games have at launch.

Attached: 0e9.jpg (499x499, 26K)

Imagine being this stupid

IT'S A NEW GAME
BUT IT ALL FEELS OLD
IT WON'T CHANGE PRICE
THAT'S WHAT I'M TOLD

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 17K)

i don't get it
how can they fuck it up so badly?
not even talking about the bugs or what not but about the game in general
>warframe
>destiny
>division
>more than 5 years of of solutions and improvements on the formula from these games
>make something that has less than all of those games had at launch with even less features, locations, equipment and variety or general qol
what the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: 1476561922034.jpg (579x960, 71K)

The devs don't actually play any of those games, how were they supposed to know anything about the type of game they were making, huh?

they hire untalented political hacks to "manage and design" the games and who dont even play or like games. then they have some poor man who actually plays game code everything they think of by himself.