>somehow jump into him like an idiot

>decide to take a break and try the Mantis Lords
>get raped still

>decide to get howling wraiths
>go back to Soul Master
>get him to deflate once
>proceed to do more mistakes

I'm never gonna git gud, lads

Attached: 1551368463622m.jpg (1024x410, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6wkfvuOS_4g?t=562
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Soul Master got me pregnant and left me in a dumpster so many times. Eventually I got gud though. u can do it homo

if u got stuck on soul master everything else in this game is going to rape you

some of soul master's attacks are just too hard to dodge until you have double jump

>there are people on this board right now, who didn't do the Mantis Lords before City of Tears
The walljump should've been locked behind their fight.

It's going to get 10 times tougher. Mantis Lords are pretty much a tutorial compared to Watcher Knights.

Did both without the weapon upgrade, took me 3 tries for each.
I suggest you should git gud.

>>there are people on this board right now, who didn't do the Mantis Lords before City of Tears
>The walljump should've been locked behind their fight.

To be honest Mark of Pride is almost as essential later on

>mark of pride
>essential
Never used the nail enlarging talismans in three playthroughs without any trouble. They're only really useful for a few very specific boss fights 1. Grimm, 2. Sly, 3. Pure Vessel.

Just be patient user,you can do it!

>Finally beat NKG 2 days ago
>Beat him on radiant today

He's just such a fun fight

Did you do PV yet? I just started Godmaster a few days ago, and it's my favorite fight in the game so far.

Didn’t really have an issue with those two but lost kins two battles literally fucking ruined me. Took me 3 hours just to beat one of their forms but good luck! Just learn the rhythm and timing of their movements!

I thought this was natural progression my first playthrough so I beat them before I got any nail upgrades
If you're playing this game for the first time and are looking up progression paths or upgrade locations you're doing it wrong
I've beaten this game twice and I'm about halfway thru steel soul and I still don't know where the last pale ore is because I refuse to look it up

am I the only one here that doesnt use nail arts at all? based on where they're placed on the ps4 controller its much easier to just use quickslash

Attached: 1547475544429.png (236x378, 104K)

Amen.

I stumbled on the Mantis Lords, which was a fucking kino fight which made me get into such a rhythm it made it one of my favourite bosses, and then stumbled into Deepnest assuming I was still going the right way.

The sensation I felt when I first found the bench down that long drop, and even more so when I found my way back to familiar grounds after a long trek is one of those moments I'll never forget in gaming.

Nah, nail arts are very situational, and generally you want to be able to quickly down-attack or fire a spell, instead of waiting and charging the art.

When I played Ys OiF and Origin, those games had a similar issue with charged skills. BUT you could bind them to a shoulder button, and just keep it held down and still be able to attack and jump normally.

Getting there. I'm still at the 3rd pantheon. Would you say he's harder than grimm or about the same?

Dude, you are bad at the game.

Mantis Lords should be patched out in favour of Sisters.

In terms of difficulty, I'd say about the same ultimately, probably a bit harder. But he has more attacks and is less predictable. More fun.

pv is harder than grim as it's faster, the real ball ache imo is absolute madmanradiance though.

Attached: hollow knight.png (644x694, 367K)

Attached: honorless asshole.jpg (344x457, 61K)

REEE

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 25K)

Soul Master was one of the only bosses in the game that I managed to beat first try.

here's a tip for later on, if you do 12 bindings (it can be in any order) you unlock those extra blue lifehearts which spawn at every hot springs which can make it easier later on

Not him, but I consider PV to be Grimm on steroids. Grimm’s moves are almost like a dance, he leads you through his attacks and you can react to him the second he appears on screen because his position alone gives away what’s coming next.

PV isn’t as forgiving. The fact that he can do more than teleport (he can jump) makes things more unpredictable. His version of ground spikes are wider at the bottom giving you less room to move. His two dash attacks have similar enough start up to make telling the difference difficult. Grimm lets you heal during 3 of his moves, PV let’s you heal only staggered. His Vergil like judgement cut has random circle placement. He’s still heavily pattern based, but Grimm is the way easier fight.

Ahem, FUCK charmless Pantheon 4, that is all.

Attached: EEAE0C4C-DEDB-48F6-BEEF-C1D9344527D4.jpg (768x1024, 65K)

>stagger pure vessel while he's jumping
>falls onto me
>die from contact damage

Attached: 1551667456443.jpg (1500x844, 613K)

just got a switch time to play hollowknight in bed. Does anyone else feel the switches directional buttons are a bit crap compared to xbox/ps controllers? fuck using the analog stick against ascended markoth

Attached: 69df34dc38a52ed9a797e60e7cf84c41.jpg (500x500, 33K)

A variation.

Attached: Smol.jpg (183x352, 23K)

So i decided to be a bit autistic and figure out how the vessel that gives you the dash cloak actually got there, i've mentioned this before but i actually went out and charted it just to be sure.

Two assumptions:
>He entered from the wastelands and already had the cloak.
>He had the same capabilities as we do at the start of the game, so a nail and the ability to focus in order to heal.

Attached: Map.jpg (1920x1057, 124K)

How many tries of pantheon of hallownest you did before clearing it?
I'm so scared of Radiance, I can get there without too much problem but AR is too brutal.

I know this is an obnoxious opinion, but this game is way, way easier than souls
I dont get how you could do any boss more than about 15 or 20 times before you finally see what to do

Almost immediately there is a way up the cliff, but it requires wall or double jump to reach, so thats a no-go.

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1057, 204K)

Buy amulet that weaks enemies,learn attack pattern,is not that hard negro.

Can't you practice it in the Hall of Gods once you reach it for the first time?

Likewise for the platform here, he could reach it with dash but it only leads to a soul statue.

Attached: 2.jpg (1920x1057, 207K)

Another angle.

Attached: 3.jpg (1920x1057, 166K)

Ultimately, the only path is straight forward into the cave, which branches into two paths.
Assuming the collector hasnt stashed a grub there yet, one leads to an obvious dead end.
The other leads to a series of drops from which there is no way back up without wall jump.

Attached: 4.jpg (1920x1057, 119K)

Certain areas and enemies determine my use of nail arts. In areas where I know the more annoying enemies can be killed by one charged strike, it's worth it. Likewise for sections of the Arena of Fools where narrowing the starting spawn of a wave, it's very worthwhile.

General use? I struggle with keeping my head and hands in check with holding a button with intent to use AND being able to do effective dodging.

Even with practice it still is a hard fight where anything can go wrong in so many ways. Especially the RNG of the yellow orbs.

You have way too much free time on your hands.

At the end of these drops is the baldur graveyard, that lies below that one trick chest.
We can only assume the two that we fight are not present or merely sleeping when dash-boi drops in.

Attached: 5.jpg (1920x1057, 170K)

>go there once near very start of the game
>died once on the first guy
>haven't gone there since
was my first death of the game too

soul master is like one of the easiest fucking bosses dude wtf
his dream nail form is retarded though, but then again all the other dream nail forms seem retarded too

You get it for beating colloseum of fools not sure which stage tho

>get to watcher knights
>dude this bossfight is pretty easy
>oh a second one spawned, oh well I'll probably kill first pretty fast
>kill first
>third spawns
oh it's one of THESE huh

I die every 15 min in this game

I hope when my ordered DS4 arrives it will get a bit better

Yep.

After that it's this short room with spikes, dont know who repairs the wall though, maybe signbug had a second job.

Attached: 6.jpg (1920x1057, 233K)

mkb?
why not get the Yea Forums controller instead?

This room is uneventful, it's just a straight shot through a corridor with zote either not present or dashy didnt give a fuck.

Attached: 7.jpg (1920x1057, 264K)

naw I got that one there's still one I haven't found somewhere and its probably hilariously obvious

Dying to Absolute Radiance in the final phase of the fight at the end of Pantheon 5 must be the worst fucking feeling in the world. Now that it happened to me 3 times I'm ready to off myself.

With the cloak and his extensive jumping experience at this point, the D-man can easily avoid the moss knights.

Attached: 8.jpg (1920x1057, 226K)

so when does this game get hard? idk where i am in the story, got to the city if tears for the first time the other day.
like i only died to false knight and hornet once each and i died to the mantis lords like 5 or 6 times, and i keep hearing shit about how epic hard it is
the Colosseum is kinda difficult i guess

Can someone explain to a brainlet how the timeline works in this game?

So pale buglet shows up and overthrows the radiance. Hallownest pops up, lasts a little while, but during some time the moth bitch finally goes wild and creates the infection. So tree lady and buglet fuck a lot, finally get a vessel, and calm down moth bitch again yeah?

But what about the timeline in between that, the hk mask cracking, and you arriving? Is it like centuries? Years? It gets painted as old but somehow it feels recent as well? I don't fucking know

if you cant git gud just cheese them with increased i-frames and sanic attack speed

T previous series of long falls possibly encouraged him to keep moving sideways, rather than risk being unable to return.

Attached: 9.jpg (1920x1057, 267K)

>he died to false knight

Attached: get a load of this fag.gif (320x240, 2.87M)

My keyboard is a hhkb
Not good for gaming

What's the Yea Forums controller?
Nigga they all Chinese?

if you want difficulty, you'll most likely find it when you get dream nail
as far as I understand, you can fight any boss you've fought before on super steroids if you dream nail their corpse
I think all that shit is optional though

I'm not sure but I think you get dream nail after tram pass?

I think I may like the Pale King a bit too much. My favourite pastime: shopping his head onto other characters.

Attached: pure vessel.png (308x415, 64K)

First try for me user, try not being shit

*The

And then finally he reaches this place.
He's found with a nail stabbed through his chest, yet you can also barely see one sheathed on his back.
With the pillar he's speared too, the ones in the back, along with the proximity to the Shrine of unn, it's reasonable to assume this is a place of significance to the former residents of greenpath.
Note what appears to be a ribcage within the slightly broken foreground pillar and i can guess this is intended to be a graveyard of sorts?

In any case, the assumption is that hornet killed him.
The fight likely involved a lot of dodging on our sibling's part due to the cloak, until hornet was finally able to nail him.
She possibly speared him to the wall out of frustration, or as part of the move that finally killed him, potentially using her needle and thread to block his movements before pulling out a secondary nail.

Attached: 10.jpg (1920x1057, 326K)

Ultimate conclusion:
Dash vessel jobbed to hornet like a little bitch.

Bonus image.

Attached: What is wrong with your dog.jpg (1920x1057, 191K)

well i have the tram pass already because i beat the mantis lords and went into deep nest
been riding the tram to new places, dunno where dream nail is

Want advice on where to go to progress or no?

if you take tram from Forgotten Crossroads (first area) it should take you to Resting Grounds where you'll get dream nail (it's the shit you hold Y for)

nah ill get to it eventually
game fun and comfy as fuck, havent been spoiled too much and it makes exploring comfier
deepnest at first was the shit man

not interested in discussing how a bug died in a bug universe post-apoc game w/ a puppet master scrub

>360
I'm using pretty much the 360

It's the Nvidia shield controller which is a modified 360 with symmetrical sticks

The d-pad is abysmal
(I'm shit, no excuse)

It has to be said those aussies have gotten real good at making trailers. The difference between silksong and the release trailer of HK is like night and day.

post yfw the weavers are the true baddies in Silksong.

Attached: 1495207270801.jpg (272x186, 10K)

Are you fags ready for Hornets game?

Attached: 1551297565810.png (550x550, 195K)

Everyone is a baddie in HK

No.

Attached: cornifer_the_cartographer___hollow_knight_by_teamcherry_d8a1evg-350t.png (585x350, 116K)

>Are you fags ready for Hornets game?
Dude I'm not even ready for HK do you even read the OP lmao
T_T

Not true at all.

>he doesn't understand cornifer's lore
literal brainlet

What? That he likes to explore? How does that make him bad? You're the only brainlet here.

He won't hit Bapanada's thicc ass

Did you get the one for rescuing almost all the Grubs?

He's tired after spending probably days underground mapping everything.

Do I need a gamepad to play this?

CUTE

Attached: Hornet baby.png (1080x1620, 530K)

Well he should be tired from making bugbabies instead

Fuck off. The guy literally gives you your first map even if you don't have the money.

Attached: grey_mourner__ze_mer__by_eibon_w_walde_dcnkoda-pre.png (814x981, 847K)

Attached: hollow_knight_2017-08-25_13-28-5.png (1366x768, 969K)

>uses 360 as example

blargh, you're better off with a keyboard than that

Why does the cutest bug have to be gay?

What the actual fuck.

>Do I need a gamepad to play this?
Many people use keyboard but you need to be extra good to use it

it's more comfortable if you prefer it but no, not really. There's no analog input and I'd say it's easier to do a lot of the button combinations you'll need on a keyboard

Damn, Grey Mourner looks like THAT?! Shame she was a degenerate carpet muncher.

more like BRAPanada

There is nothing wrong with yuri you philistines.

360 controller is like the staple of pc users you fucking poser.

If you're doing souls bosses 15-20 times you might just be shit at souls

carpet muncher and a wine aunt

>tfw the dialogue after finishing her quest

Attached: 367520_screenshots_20180323103514_1.jpg (1920x1080, 283K)

No there's all kinds of wrong with that. Based traitor mantids killed her degenerate other after they found out.

probably the same bunch that uses "master race" memes

Faggotry is a disease.

just like a heroin dealer
just a taste to get you hooked
the fucking jew nigger

>Silk song or a third game.
>Features PUNISHED VESSEL
>He meets the white queen.
>She gives him a hug.
The only thing i want from this series.

Attached: hk_doodle_1_by_aidaita.jpg (1024x729, 121K)

Cant wait. Sometimes I wish for TC to release a small demo.

I don't like lesbians because I prefer when penises are involved.

Too bad she's a cockroach lmao.

Attached: hk_.png (1280x480, 247K)

Calm down asshats. Once Silksong comes out you're going to have to deal with the massive torrent of HornetxLace getting shit out.

/u/ just keeps winning.

Silksong will have sideplot of PUNISHED Vessel walking, or limping around the infection free Hollownest seeing the Statue at the City of Tears, the ruins of the white palace, going to the White Lady and finally off into the Desert to go rescue his little sister.

Attached: 1551030710404.png (1168x728, 485K)

where's the joke

>no voice to cry suffering

Yuri will save the world

Attached: 1551597663283.png (700x553, 637K)

>Ghost / The Knight talking.

Attached: Delete this.png (921x804, 612K)

Only if a foreboding shadow of the shade lords follows behind him silently.

I've fucking had it with radiant AR, it feels like I'm making no progress whatsoever. How far I get into the fight is based on which attack patterns I get until I inevitably get some sort of overlapping bullshit that's impossible to dodge

replying to my post

Attached: the_grey.png (500x500, 129K)

Attached: crutches.png (1896x2134, 1.58M)

>there are now grey mournerfags among us
Yuri was a mistake. And no, just because she has long hair and a big sword doesn't make her cute.

>THE SHADE LORD, GOD OF GODS, THE VOID INCARNATE giving his brother a tour of the ruined kingdom as they go to visit their mother.
What a nice brother.

Attached: Brothers Pure.png (849x1078, 560K)

With them saying something about all endings being canon, I do hope they address (at least via flashback or something) the fate of Hollownest.

I'm still willing to bet that the Mushroom guy will be our best bet for that sort of thing though. Dude travels between kingdoms after all.

By the same token, it'd be cool if the Grimm Troupe are mentioned or included as a DLC topic again.

I only really need the speed and dash things because it's too slow otherwise

Bros, I'm going fast in Steel Soul. This is like my 5th try. I got:
>Elegant Key
>Lantern
>Super Mario Dash
>Walljump
>Dream Nail
And I got 1 hour 40 minutes. Can I still do the 5 hour meme?

Attached: tumblr_pn2ksmRhYS1y14wibo1_500.png (420x459, 51K)

>I'm never gonna git gud, lads
easy to fix.
git gud.

What the fuck are you implying, asshole?

Depends. Can you kill the rolly boys and hk with barely any gear?

Team Cherry confirms they will try to accomodate every Hollow Knight ending as canon into Silksong.
How are they going to do it?
>it reads your save file

Attached: 1550790701503.png (1753x1200, 2.38M)

Any comic in which our guy talks, had thoughts or emotions, should be banned and the artist shot in the town square.

Last time I got raped by fucking Elder Hu for getting too greedy. I think I'll finally bother getting quick focus.

Attached: tumblr_pj0gvj8wHw1y14wibo1_640.png (550x550, 164K)

I think for the most part it will be generally vague. The normal and true ending can easily be accounted for. Sealed sibling is probably a meme.

And I'm 100% sure the godmaster ending will either be used in silksoul mode or be attached to another post-release mega hard content pack they release for silksong.

>snail character cosplay build
>no baldur's shell and shape of unn

Wait, there are people who DIDN'T oneshot Lol Master?

Grown knight is an abomination

>Shade Lord fixes up our big Brother with void juice, gives him an improved Crystal Heart that lets him fly DBZ style towards Silkweaver den with determination to kill anything that stands in his way to go save Hornet
Beautiful, shame it probably won't happen

Attached: 1550770768852.jpg (590x850, 64K)

I knew someone would totally miss the point but I typed it out anyway

is this meant to imply the higher up the more crutchy it is?

I don't understand what your post is meant to imply

Are you doing the skip where you walljump up gruz mothers wall and super dash into blue lake to get to the rich city early?[/spoiler ]

>knight kills the vessel
>absorbs the radiance within him and battles it in his mind/the dream world
>hornet becomes a dreamer while he does battle
>once the Radiance is defeated, the void is unified and flies away
>hornet, protecting nothing, the knight vanished, awakens and goes somewhere else

Obviously it's a shitter scale, starting at the bottom for most shitter

I think you can get from the bottom of Howling to the top using only single jump. I'll go check.
Bashing my face against Charmless Pantheon 3 is dulling my senses anyway, be nice to do something else.

Team Cherry love cool things and there's nothing cooler than interacting with HK or having a super secret boss fight with the original ghost.

They'll sneak that shit in because it's way too fun to pass up.

pale king was a lucky bastard

Attached: 6c7f0b398b7b5cbebfe1d6f7fdc5cf9d.jpg (457x784, 37K)

k, so he starts here.

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (1920x1080, 120K)

>Obviously it's a shitter scale, starting at the bottom for most shitter

>comfy wise old man is most shitter
I don't know how I feel about this, user

guess I don't score very high on yhe shitter list then

Attached: nVZ3s7p[1].png (543x184, 86K)

He goes to the right towards Twin Baldur

Attached: Clipboard02.jpg (1920x1080, 97K)

Damn, imagine instead of whatshername it was a Male Knight guarding her, she'd be constantly begging you to fill her. Haha I bet it'd be pretty hard to ignore.

That drops you here, near the empty chest. Head to the left from here.

Attached: Clipboard03.jpg (1920x1080, 122K)

You wouldn't fuck a tree right Yea Forums? Even if she has an insatiable need to breed?

>he hit grimm while he was bowing
Fucking scum

he's just a confused boomer, like most people who use hiveblood outside of the white palace
don't worry about yourself, you're just starting out.

Attached: 1514616900963.png (540x800, 189K)

He's now at the Greenpath top route.
From here he can do everything the player can at this point in the game, and the player reaches hornet 1 without cloak.

But I think it might be possible to climb the cliffs without walljump or double jump.

Attached: Clipboard04.jpg (1920x1080, 203K)

>he completed the pantheons
Do you hate yourlsef?

Why did she grow into a tree?

Getting above the dream tree is easy enough cloakless.

Attached: Clipboard05.jpg (1920x1080, 140K)

Killed soul master first try. Mantis Lords second try.
Time to quit video games shitter.

>no-fun-allowed fags shitting on fun charms
I actually prefer to have the shitposters back than your kind.

In fairness, I guess if you did the bare minimum content to complete hollow knight, I could see how someone who is shit at souls could find it easier than a souls game.

But I highly doubt that there is anything in souls harder than NKG, AR or PV.

It's tricky, but you can pogo the Tiktik to get high enough height to reach the block above after a dash.

Attached: Clipboard06.jpg (1920x1080, 126K)

Pogo a Vengefly to get on here

Attached: Clipboard07.jpg (1920x1080, 146K)

I mean not sure this still counts as starting out

Attached: CjSIta9[1].png (1034x405, 510K)

because pale kings wants to FUCK a tree

Cripple detected.

what?

>symmetrical sticks
>hollow knight
Just get a normal 360 controller, that's what i've been using and the only bosses to give me trouble are the nailsmith brothers and white defender lvl 4

Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly.

Attached: alberto-esparza-lady-hornet-in-the-hamlet-a4.jpg (1240x1754, 313K)

You can pogo that crawlid to get up there. There's a Vengefly offscreen to the left that you can piss off if you want to lure it somewhere to get extra height (different to the one pogoed on earlier)

Attached: Clipboard08.jpg (1920x1080, 152K)

pogo that tiktik to reach Cornifer

Attached: Clipboard09.jpg (1920x1080, 134K)

dash cloak vessel probably wandered up from the abyss like most of the other vessels

This jump may look tough but it's doable with just regular jump and dash.

Attached: Clipboard10.jpg (1920x1080, 132K)

I must be retarded then since i know i tried that and couldnt reach it.
I salute your greater autism.

So how does wandering out of Hallownest supposedly make us stronger?

So, Grubsong is a good crutch and Lifeblood/Quick Focus are bad crutches, right?

I'm clearly not using sticks

All that speculation is useless since in greenpath you can just jump and backwards shoot to propel you forward on the ledge where you first see hornet

No need for dash, speedrunners do it

They're all crutch charms for shitters.

This jump may LOOK too high to reach but oh hey I found 3 Vengeflies.

Attached: Clipboard11.jpg (1920x1080, 128K)

>double healing and +40 damage poison cloud
>explosive seeking missiles (killed Soul Master first try for me)
>snail for safer healing than baldur's
>dream charm for busted soul recovery
>sharp "safe damage" shadow
>quicker nail arts to charge them more safely
>QS, one of the best charms, benefiting both soul recovery and giving you more DPS than fragile strength
>""""not crutches""""
You think you're smart but I'm not falling for it! It's obvious that list is meant to be ironic.
Well done mixing it up a bit to dissimulate it though.

I meant that as in it's better for asymmetrical sticks on a platformer, since you have no reason to use the right joystick

Actually I agree with you and choke on it

okay now you're overestimating that little dude

>I meant that as in it's better for asymmetrical sticks on a platformer, since you have no reason to use the right joystick

I am using the dpad
do you have problems with English?

Stop being a pussy

After many attempts I've confirmed you can in fact do it by either damageboosting then pogoing or pogoing twice.

Git gud or stay home.

Attached: Clipboard12.jpg (1920x1080, 117K)

>Stop being a pussy
I'm not giving up that's for sure

Didn't Hornet die in one of the endings?

>Die ONE (1) time on Mantis Lords
>on my way back bump into an NPC who tells me about a possible nail upgrade in a nearby city
Why the fuck would I not take that chance? Not everybody is some masochistic autist who tries to kill the Cyberdemon by punching it to death. It's one thing to handicap yourself for shits and giggles but get the fuck off your high horse

Attached: 1462154038748.gif (369x259, 363K)

A bounce off this Vengefly gets you to Gorb's platform and the rest of the way is F R E E.

Remember: when theorycrafting, remember that if your theory -requires- the characters be incompetent, your theory is shit.

Attached: Clipboard13.jpg (1920x1080, 125K)

>All that speculation is useless since in greenpath you can just jump and backwards shoot to propel you forward on the ledge where you first see hornet
>No need for dash, speedrunners do it

Address this

Anons, Watcher Knights seems twice as hard as everything else by a mile
I'm dying

Do you fight all the bosses again in PoH when you fail?

Anyone else plays bosses on mute because the music gives them anxiety?

>Thinks watcher knights was hard
Now Zote, that was a hard battle

there's a difference between incompetent and TRIPLE FLY POGO SIESTA
also all this fly pogo bullshit reminded me of a fly pogo I did near the start of the game thinking it was the intended way of doing it because I didn't expect to get more mobility options for some reason

took me like half an hour because you had to lure the fly all the way to the right, get around it, all the way to the left, get it stuck under a platform then get it to chase you far enough in your jump to actually make it to the platform

>Thinks Zote was hard
Now the Eternal Ordeal, that was a fun_ battle.

Attached: golden zote.png (1366x768, 869K)

Is Zote a metaphor for boomers?

Nobody tell him about THAT trick.
I had to do it without

user, listen here, there's a breakable wall somewhere in the ceiling :3c

beat nightmare king grimm and then talk shit

Boomers have actual accomplishes though, Zote only shares self absorbtion, narcacissm and old age.

You mean the one to reach the Grub on the ledge?
You can do that without any luring. You don't need to -land- on the platform, just hit the grub.
What you do is you jump on this platform, let the fly almost hit you
Jump to the right in the air so the fly moves right of the platform
Head back to the left, land on this same platform, but now the fly is to your right and not your left.
You can jump to the right and pogo it and hit the grub.
Crossroads might as well be called Pogo Tricks Zone Act 1. You've got the mask shard at the bottom that requires luring a fly past goams, this grub, the Mawlek where you can pogo on spikes well before the mantis claw, and the ability to suicide so you can pogo your own shade to reach Salubra early.

Attached: grub ledge.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

Can't
beat
Pure
Vessel

Only that and the last Pantheon are left for me in this game

What do you mean? It's a known skip.
9:20
youtu.be/6wkfvuOS_4g?t=562

You just have to dedicate significant amounts of time to pure evasion and chip them down slowly. Pulling them into the corners also helped me.

They're specially weak to the upgraded fireball spell.

>Boomers have actual accomplishes though, Zote only shares self absorbtion, narcacissm and old age.

Doesn't it clear the floor with you?

>beat all the main story bosses and some of the DLC content as well
>by far the hardest part of the game has been delivering the delicate flower to Queen's Gardens
I'm gonna cry if I die one more time by some stupid bullshit and have to start over again

>What do you mean? It's a known skip
I mean you don't need all that bullshit with fly pogo to get there

>you can hear echoes of bustling crowds and bells
This is the first kino moment in the game and literally the best station, prove me wrong.

Anyway, steelsoul user back on track again. Finished Greenpath yesterday and I have more than enough for the lantern already, and I didn't need to farm for it like everyone always says. Seriously, I think this game gives you too much money.
Perhaps I should go buy it this early already.

Attached: kino station.png (1366x768, 1.13M)

yeah that's the one

>pogo your own shade
jesus christ that's some high IQ

I did remember pogo'ing on some spikes too

another spot I spent way too much time & went back to every time I got a movement option, finally getting it in a super jank way right before I got the correct movement option (I think) was the idol past an acid pool in Greenpath
jesus fucking christ I messed around with that shit so fucking long

Attached: Gdhy3n3[1].png (380x354, 262K)

well my next goal was to start the dlc so guess ill talk to you later pal

Wasteland reduces you into a state of basic survival of the fittest where everything is trying to kill everything else.
Basically Australia, with Hallownest being Sydney.
Silksong takes place in new zealand.

Also, I want to say that gitting gud enough to not need healing really does make using spells a lot of fun.
There are lots of enemies in the early game that take 2-3 hits but die to one Spirit.
I barely used it in my first run and now it made traversing Greenpath a smoother experience.

Attached: Vengeful_Spirit.png (788x318, 151K)

Yessir.

The fly pogo is much, MUCH easier than the double fireball.

>died to hornet 2 right after broken vessel
Rip the steel soul, rip my greed

Attached: lace.png (1316x1331, 230K)

Okay fuckers you convinced me. Before DMC drops I'm going to be playing this.

How high does the skill ceiling get for this game? I'll be fucking off in a bit to avoid spoilers.

just play the game, fuck off

Pretty high, but not until the very lategame.
Absurdly high if you count the optional free DLC.

I assumed vengeful spirit was just twice the damage of a nail hit, but when nail upgrades became a thing I lost faith in that

You get your ass kicked by how he sees himself. A slight nuance.

shop it on grey knight zote.

I think the dash should be enough. I forget, do you need the dash to get to him, or can you find another way?

The funny thing is that it takes 3 upgrades for the nail to become stronger than the weakest spell.
And even then, if you're using the Shaman Stone it will only be 1 point behind the strongest nail.
It really puts into perspective how powerful spells are.

Attached: 623464574798709.png (730x449, 22K)

Well, that's it. Stilll miss 2-3 radiant bosses and some bindings but I think I will stop here. Finish it in steel soul with a no hit fight on Radiance delivered that feeling of closure. Hope silksong is as godlike.

Attached: ss+(2019-03-05+at+03.56.33).jpg (919x231, 38K)

I find it helpful for pogoing off spikes, lets your timing be a little more lenient

>Finish it in steel soul
Without cheesing it I hope.

>vengeful spirit is 15
>descending dark is 60 (but practically 45 since I doubt you wanna hit the dash itself)

thank goodness I've been using descending dark instead of vengeful spirit for a while now

I did not need to, trryharding godhome made me able to do about any boss in the game with the old nail and one charm and made the rest of the game a breeze. Only boss I didn't first try was Lost Kin because he has to fucking much hp even with one nail upgrade.

descending dark gives you invulnerability for a bit of time so you can descend right onto an enemy and not take contact damage

The advantage from Spirit imo is that it goes through enemies so you technically can get more out of it.
Plus Shade Soul goes through everything, ignores walls and obstacles.
Also there's the fact that Shaman Stone makes its hitbox big enough to hit enemies twice, so you're normally getting an 80-damage unstoppable on several enemies.
Pretty underrated spell.

is it enough to get out of bosses though?
only shit I've been using it so far is the real big enemies with "shields" or bosses, and I don't really wanna dash into a boss's hitbox

Is it possible to get Shade Soul (and so the elegant key needed) without beating soul master?

I have one simple key so I can open the waterways

>is it enough to get out of bosses though?
More than enough, I was testing it a few days ago with the mawlek fight.
I could get out of its body just by walking except the few times it started walking on the same direction, so dashing out is safe as fuck.

Sure, although it's unrelated to the waterways. You just need the lantern to get to Crystal Peak and get Sly's Key.

>miss 2-3 radiant bosses

so markoth and which others?

Wait till sisters of battle in good home
So fucking glorious

What he said.

Radiance and Sly that I was doing mostly hitlless but go bored, so he is sitting in ascended. Don't remember the last probabaly xero or some shit.

Yes, many speedrunners use it to dodge hits and deal damage simultaneously

I don't need the dive spell later if I use the lamp route?

>did Hornet second try
>Mantis Lords second try
>Soul Master first try
>then got bored and stopped playing
I wish the game had more weapon variety. Playing with the same moveset for so long with no experimentation got dull desu

Attached: 1548389527937m.jpg (1024x781, 94K)

Hahahaha good luck with the Soul Tyrant then. Did you upgrade the nail at least?
Anyway what I did to beat the Soul Master and the Soul Tyrant was to equip that charm that gives you more soul for striking enemies, then utilize that one attack he has where the orbs float around him as he moves towards you. It's not that hard to dodge and if you can do it once it gives you ample time to heal with the extra soul you collect from striking him. The trick is that you have to stay in the same place so that you only have to jump once to avoid the fireballs, and always in the same way. I chose the corner because it's easy to memorize, but be aware you might have to get out of the corner to avoid that downward lunge attack he has.

Do you have to get all of his encounters in the specific order?
Say you beat the Lords an decide to go into Deepnest and met him in the hotsprings:
Does that mean he doesn't appear on its previous encounter at the City's entrance?

Attached: Quirrel-2.png (162x194, 18K)

So can anyone tell me if dying in godhome ends a steel soul run?

I lost my last steal soul at about 103% back after grimm troupe and while i got the acheivement i would like to have a 112% Steel save

I know dreams are usual safe but white palace and radience are exceptions so i just want to double check.

I need to focus on getting my main save to 112% first but it would be nice to know in advance.

>beat the baby tutorial bosses
ugh i’m just so good and this game is just so easy and boring for me UGH

The only dive "gate" in the entire crystal area is the entrance, the lantern avoids that. You do need the walljump to traverse it though, or you won't be able to do much in there.

Thanks

I never saved for the lanturn but shouldnt you be able to get to the dream nail without wall jumps?

Yeah i'm sure I just gotta dump 20 more hours into the game and THEN it becomes fun, right?

Yeah, it's the earliest you can get dream nail (not counting the shade pogo skip).
I'm just saying, outside of that, which amounts to cross a few rooms, there isn't much you can do in the area because it's full of vertical conveyors and high jumps/walls.

>Didnt think game was fantastic from mantis lords alone
Shit taste desu
And yeah the game is far harder than that thoose bosses are easy and honestly it shouldnt have even taken you that many attempts if your that good at the game.

>he's just a confused boomer, like most people who use hiveblood outside of the white palace

You just moved the goal posts just so you don't count as a shitter. You used Hiveblood in the White Palace, you're a shitter.

>got bored at the City of Tears
I'm sorry you have shit taste.

What has dream nail to do with getting the key in Crystal peak??

I think he was just referring to the "you won't get much in Crystal Peak without the walljump" part of my post.

You can do it user!
I got stuck on soul master to, he is one of hardest early bosses. Now I'm traumatized by the royal water ways worm mob. Holy shit i was so spooked

Attached: 1551694773174.jpg (600x587, 196K)

Put the game down, and get a full night of sleep tonight. While you're asleep your brain basically optimizes what you learned during the day. This includes muscle memory. Tomorrow when you try again, you'll do A LOT better than you did today.

Sort off?
You can only get them in a specific order but i think some of them arent missable like the city of tears one, so hell stay there untill you see it, but if you miss the hotspring on thats gone forever or something

Idk tho ive never heard of anyone missing that particular encounter tho

yeah wow damn 20 whole hours, a few afternoons worth of your incredibly precious and valuable time. what was i thinking? how could i have been so arrogant as to expect your majesty to spend his infinitely perfect and worthwhile time to progress to any meaningful point in a video game?
suck my dick

Am I supposed to be wowed just because the game looks pretty?
Honestly the most fun I had was when the game threw challenging platforming sections at me, but that's not really what I play metroidvaniad for. I play them for the crazy variety of weapons and spells you can find. When I explored for 6 hours and still only had a basic fireball, wall jump and the same basic sword, I found myself getting a little worn out.

You literally just finished the starting linear part of the game by beating soul master, you can now fuck off to most areas of the game if you want and any locked areas can be unlocked with items you can just find around or behind bosses. You literally can go do whatever now you did the intro, and technically you could have fucked off to deepnest or crystal peaks earlier if you wanted

Fair enougth but the dream nail opens alot of shit up, getting it early is a big deal

I completed Deepnest and it was alright. The enemies were kinda annoying but it was sufficiently spooky.

Did you fight the boss in deepnest tho?

So, I bought the lantern, went to explore Crystal Peak, reached the Resting Grounds cliff, and I find myself on a dilemma here.
Need help.

Can you enter the City through the elevator on Resting Grounds or was that unlocked from the other side?
Because I had the priority in this run to enter Resting Grounds using the tram, but the possibility of getting to the city before even reaching Fungal Wastes is tempting me.

Attached: city of tears before fungal wastes.png (1366x768, 881K)

>Fair enougth but the dream nail opens alot of shit up, getting it early is a big deal
Why? Is it not only needed to fight dream bosses and get essence?

I don't remember one, though I spent a good while exploring every nook and cranny I could.

just jump, pussy

>tfw can't beat Trial of the Fool
Been trying for hours, can't do it. I'm fully upgraded too, NKG only took just over an hour.

Attached: mad.jpg (220x229, 13K)

Well that's the 2 easiest bindings done for Sage.
I'm not liking my odds of Charm or Soul bindings though.

Attached: 10 bindings.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

I already did that on my first run.
I'm just considering it because getting to the city this early would be interesting, but I don't know if it's possible.

Don't even attempt Godmaster if you can't do this. It's uber cancer.

Nail arts my good man, use them.

I think you need desending dark/its weaker varient to enter the city from the resting grounds

>not doing all 4 at once

Aah, I forgot about the "underground" part of Resting Grounds. I think you may be right.

Why do virgins love this game’s lore so much? It’s so mediocre.

I think you could enter via howling cliffs if you go around via deepnest tram tho you would need to go into fungal wastes for that

>howling cliffs
You mean Kingdom's Edge, and yeah, that's the one known sequence break.
I'll probably do it in this run, seems like I'm going for the tram pass after all.

Its delivery i think, it does the vague bits of lore that you need to peice together yourself thing really well. Also its knida cool that the final boss is the chosen one cliche and your just some random fucking nobody

Have you finished those errands

Attached: 671c16432f460cdd9eff88d5c01b4abc7cfe2703.jpg (64x64, 5K)

>Kingdom's Edge
Shit im a dum

>the hard bosses should come first, and then you fight the easy bosses!
Yea Forums retardation in action

Attached: example69594.jpg (512x512, 62K)

what is good lore to you?

>Mantis Lords
>Hard
"No!"

Theres no fucking doubt that the mantis lord are harder than the soul master

I just like the game's universe so far.

Please forgive me for being bad. Still, I got Soul done.
Charms is next, and it'll probably be the hardest.

Attached: bindings.jpg (1920x1080, 85K)

lol

Because the key to that fight and many others is learning the patterns and moves of the bosses. A slight damage upgrade isn't going to help, you absolute shitter. Who in the fuck gives up a boss after ONE death?

Attached: git gud.png (500x616, 108K)

Im just shitposting i cant even beat sage

Yeah but that's because Lol Master is Lol Master.
Mantis Lords are an endurance fight with Nail +0.

>A slight damage upgrade isn't going to help
it's nearly double damage you brainlet
literally cuts fight in half

I'm really confused at what you mean here, if you think soul master is a piss easy fight, why would you want it to be fought later, that just makes it even less of a fight

>Get my ass whooped by Pure Vessel in the pantheon
>Immediately go to his statue just so I can fight him over and over again
I love this boss

Attached: 1551752071417.png (500x500, 258K)

If the fight is easy, more damage gets it done faster so you spend less time snoozing.
If the fight is hard, more damage makes it less difficult because you don't have to dodge as much stuff before the boss dies.
More damage is good.

the answer to every "I can't beat this boss" is just keep trying it over and over again and eventually you'll get lucky

eventually you’ll get good*

Because getting good at fighting the Mantis Lords takes much less time than hauling ass all the way to the City of Tears and back again.

>losing to Soul Master
wew lad maximum git gud

Well I think I've reached my limit with NKG. I just don't think I have what it takes.

What does the Void heart do? I've done almost everything else and I'm planning on ignoring Godmaster DLC since I'm sure I won't be able to handle it.

It replaces Kingsoul and auto equips as a 0 notch charm. It makes shades (including your own) non hostile, and makes them die in one hit.

nothing gameplay-wise, unlocks a new story ending

I can feel myself gitting gud. It's in my bones. Every attempt, a little further. YOU HEAR THAT YOU FLUFFY MOTH FUCK? I'M COMING FOR YOU!

Alexa play Radioactive.

cringe

I missed them somehow but I also missed Soul Master and explored down into the waterways instead.

Boss HP gets upgraded every time you get a nail upgrade.

No it doesn’t

Did you get NKG to First Bats yet? (Where he turns into bats and flies around)
If you can get him to First Bats, you can get him to Fourth Bats (when he dies).
Void Heart unlocks the Radiance fight.
Radiance is easier than NKG but only slightly.

Do you get anything from that secret battle? I killed around 70 minions, and the only thing that changed was the color of the statue.

Cortana, play Headstrong by Trapt
Hey Siri, play My Demons by Starset
Okay Google, play Megalovania

You also get a new title screen theme

Technically true as there are some bosses that scale with nail damage.
They scale less than your nail does, but if you're planning on going pure Spell build then upgrading your nail will make them die slower.
Most notable with No Eyes. If you stay Nail + 0 you can dunk No Eyes in 4 upgraded fireballs.

This game was a bit too much on the easy side. The only hard thing about it was the boss fights took so fucking long I'd almost doze off.

I guess for an indie game it was alright though.

>just starting
>beat soul master
>beat mantis lords
>beat crystal warrior
>cant beat nox

Hey everyone ! Look how cool this guy is, wow !

Ive beaten this game twice once on switch and once on pc and theres like an input bug on both versions it only happens every so often but like ill hit jump or attack or whatever and it just doesnt register, also sometimes my knight will just randomly change directions

Im 16 hours in and I had the changing direction one time, he also continued walking while I didn't press anything

Ya its not the biggest deal in the world and i still really like the game, it can be pretty fuckin annoying though especially if youre in a boss fight or a playforming section

I agree, he is cool, and you're a fool who likes to drool while eating his own stool.

Owned!.

Protip for Nosk:
If you stand in the corner on the lower part of his arena, he won't hit you as he runs off the edge, and you can swing your nail into his underside.
You're also mostly protected from his x-shaped goo launch, though it can hit you there.

Attached: nosk cheese.png (561x272, 4K)