Squeenix

>squeenix

OH NONONONO
PFAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-05 Left Alive.png (653x336, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

frontlinejp.net/2019/03/03/review-left-alive/
twitch.tv/trus0und
ilinx.co.jp/works)
youtu.be/5WfKDgNuuP4?t=103
youtu.be/UBKS3MKVIvs?t=3145
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who cares what metacritic trolls think

>no critic reviews

Sheeeeit no one even wants to review it.

User score is usually either a 10 or a 3.

What the fuck is with gamers and reviewbombing?

What are people butthurt about this time?

Poor Yoji, someone that talented shouldn't have his work tied to such garbage projects.

I have it since friday and unfortunately it really isn't good. Really clunky, pretty weak technically and the story isn't good too. Expect 5/10 Reviews.

Venerable tradition since DA2.
Seriously though, that is pretty much where most of the problems with this board, and eventually the whole industry, can be traced back to.

can't even think of a reason for this to get review bombed

Has Square just thrown in the towel at this point?

Guess we are burying the Front Mission license even further. Jesus Christ, I just want another one.

Pretty much, until they're on the verge of bankruptcy again.

>op presents his hilarious prank for Yea Forums's approval
How interesting.

The only way they can salvage this is by releasing FF7R this year and making all DLC free.

A reminder Square Enix hasn't made a good game for almost a decade, and it's certain FF7 Remake will be garbage too.

Attached: fial-fantasy-vii-remake.jpg (1000x565, 48K)

whatever helps you cope with the impending arrival of the greatest game ever made :^)

The greatest game ever made? Fill me in, I have clearly missed something. What game are we talking about?

They, well Horii Yuuji, made DQ11 and it was pretty good

Different case. It's being insanely panned in Japan and while I was excited for the game at first, I can see why people hate it after seeing footage. They got that desperate that they banned streaming of the game for a while too.

i'm gonna do my own opinion on the game.

I don't even know what that is.

squarenix is really collecting stinkers recently, did they fire all their teams after mobile kusoge money started to come in their wallet?

Fair point. Though, I've never associated Dragon Quest with Square Enix, and I have a feeling that if it wasn't for the fact that it was the original team that made older Dragon Quests absorbed into Squenix, worked on this, it'd be quite awful.

ff14 from ARR onwards.

KEYBLADE

Attached: Xehanort-1.png (1280x700, 132K)

A whopping 9 reviews can hardly be considered a review bomb, give it more than five minutes, fuck.

I still don't know what sort of game it is.

Attached: 1298561351853.png (598x447, 424K)

Yikes

Attached: ce6513415991f46117608dea95f6ec7e.0.jpg (864x1440, 141K)

metacritic only allows western "journos"

jap websites already got reviews and it's shit

it looks nice imho
better than the game actually

METARU GEARU!?!?

this will be the beginning of the revenge of Konami production studio 8 over the traitors, Hackjima and Death Stranding are next.

It's up to 4.5 now which is still less than the first critic review

>Une vrai catastrophe. Si sur le papier cela avait l'air séduisant, trés grosse douche froide à l'arrivé. Jeu buggé avec les plus beau graphisme made in 2007. Pour 60€ , c'est presque une arnaque. Gros , trés gros regret de l'avoir acheter. A évité... Le seul point "sympatique". L'histoire mais le jeux au niveau du gameplay tue l'envie de continuer l'aventure.

>1/10

-Metacritic

That's right boys it's oohn vigh catastrophe.

>2007 graphics
From tyat alone those incels should be discredited

But we got KH3, the best vanilla KH game, a few weeks ago

The correct portmanteau is Squenix. Stop using the laughable Squeenix.

CAUTION, AN ENEMY IS APPROACHING

I wanted to try it out but it's Squeenix, which means no regional pricing, so pass.

They pushed this game out before it was fucking ready. But even if they gave it more time
>Having Nabeshima work on a fucking tps TLOU clone with a MGS skin
>don't make an SRPG because they thought this would sell more
>have problems at every level that should have been immediately obvious by looking at it alone.
I was actually really interested in the game after the reveal but was already shaky with the flip flopping of the release date. When they did their first stream last year it killed all my interested. Compiled even worse by the numerous numerous streams I watched. Successfully buried by the playthrough of those two anons on /m/

Anybody buying this at full price is a fool. The Square brand is dead.

I don't read baugette

Still a best sold this month on steam

As a person that's never played Metal Gear, but notices how LEFT ALIVE does have a Metal Gear vibe too it, I'm really looking forward to trying this out.

Unless they fix Clouds druggie face and posture the game will be confirmed shit.

>b.b.but we sold well, that means it's good and you must want more, you ungrateful goyim
yikes, more like kikes amirite.

So 9, fucking 9 out of thousands, assholes made shitty reviews in hopes of the next Tortanic and you thought this is post worthy?

Not wrong about the graphics. It looks like one of those early launch PS360 games that got 4/10 across the board.

I bought it from a site because it had like a 30% discount and it also triggered cashback from one of those sites where you spend all your free time hoping to get 50 cents off a cheeseburger.

So i'll see if it was worth it. I'm a faggoty metal gear fanboy

55/100

check this guy out, he's not complete shit like the japs

twitch.tv/trus0und

This shit looks so boring and dated, it's not even funny. That mech combat looks like it's from a 90s bargin bin game.

it's just the tutorial

>It's like this mech has infinite health
>dies
Whatever fag.

Just being a tutorial doesn't excuse the terrible weapon mechanics, AI, hit detection, SFX covering the entire screen etc.
This sort of gameplay wouldn't have been acceptable 20 years ago, let alone now.

> squeenix cant into action games
Now its official.

>Just being a tutorial doesn't excuse the terrible weapon mechanics, AI, hit detection, SFX covering the entire screen etc.
And yet people are OK when it's MGS or Dark Souls.

>FF XV-2
>greatest game ever made

>Look up all the "reviewers" who gave a 0 or a 1
>Literally 90% of them have excatly 1! review and its this game

Yeah what a great system

every game review ever
it's probably front mission fanboy autists

We’re currently rising up

>Trash mech gameplay that looks like a vehicle gimmick sequence from an xbox shovelware TPS.
>Even remotely comparable to MGS or DS gameplay.
Are you the developer or something?

>SE never mentioned the actual development studio's name (ilinx, ilinx.co.jp/works) in trailers or promotional material and didn't send out any review copies
Imagine supporting a company that intentionally tries to trick people into buying shovelware tier shit for $60 instead of attempting to make a good game.

I mean MGS and DS are clunky and buggy with shit cameras etc and they are praised as the best games ever.
No one is tricking you into anything, wait for sale then.

>plays worse than japs and even the /m/ streamer

fuck off shilling your shit stream retard

>Minor jank issues on top of excellent gameplay is the same as being $60 shovelware that would have been panned two decades ago.
Go away ilinx, this is an American site.

He's still much better to watch than the japs. He seems good to watch to get a good picture of the game.

oh merde.
one more kusoge in my steam library.

Or I could just not buy it all you pathetic shill.

But what's so bad about the game? Haven't really seen anything but the artworks thus far.

Attached: 1551674784836s.jpg (112x112, 2K)

I don't think you understand why it is called squeenix.
It's in specfic reference to the weeb landwhale fangirls of square-enix games.

Attached: fucking brainlets I swear2.png (614x286, 11K)

nope

It looks stiff and old. That's all i can tell. It may feel bad to play, but it hasn't dropped on steam yet so i can't tell.

I will say it doesn't look like it's worth 60 dollars. Luckily there was a sale on this one website i use, that knocked it down to around 40, but it may not even be worth that.

Attached: 1551771196490.webm (1024x576, 2.94M)

Then don't buy it autismo.
It's very difficult and doesn't look pretty. Retards complain about stuff you would find in MGS but there it's somehow fine. Or other retards complain the mechs don't play like Armored Core. Seriously most of the complaints come from complete retards.

>have artist from MGS series
>have a decent concept
>the game is literally underdeveloped generic as fuck
Why does Square keep doing this?

Attached: 1547829687034.jpg (555x555, 28K)

That FFXIV money must be one of the few things keeping them afloat.

But cloud is a druggie

heads up this twitch shitter is spamming his shit channel on multiple threads/boards

The only time i agree with this FUCK SQAURE ENIX LMFAO LOL

get triggered you brain fucked autist
didn't I tell you to fuck off to reddit you brain damaged piece of shit

That's certainly ugly that those guys are such big bullet sponges, but that doesn't make the game bad.... yet...

Zoom zoom!

>reviewbombing

they have full body armor at least, it's not like MGS bullet sponges

They did that ages ago dude and it's not exactly uncommon for early models to look crap. The early AC model had all the same issues, in fact it was even worse.

The closeup image here isn't the best because it's being rendered without proper lighting/shaders but you can still see it's improved.

Attached: unrealfest.png (1920x1080, 2.09M)

Maybe they will do a proper FM game after this failure and have a sweet comeback like AC.

Who am I kidding, it's already dead and Left Alive made it sure that it's permanent.

the volk is nice but I think it's too much for a wanzer design, like they tried to make an AC4 mech in the front mission universe

Any Front Missionfags here have a good starter's guide for the series?

I've watched for a bit now, it actually looks like shit.

The only difficulty I've had so far on normal is dealing with how the game intentionally designed survivors to be frustrating. Granted, I'm still early game, but I started on normal because of the non-stop complaints about difficulty and it's been pretty simple so far; I wouldn't mind if it gets a lot harder.

Attached: 20190305040757.webm (960x540, 2.91M)

want gameplay? FM5 is the best bar none but if you don't play any of the older games you miss references and get some spoilers

probably the best game to start is 3

wait till you get to the one who intentionally ignores the safe route and goes through a road filled with snipers

Nothing in MGS is bulletsponge beside the boss.

this is from everyeye, one of the italian websites that goes on metacritic.

Attached: 1.jpg (764x661, 130K)

I vaguely remember reading in an interview that shooting them in unarmoured areas is more effective and in a stream I saw one of the enemies do a bleedout animation after it happened. Also in one of the trailers there was a battle rifle that minced them so maybe the lower calibre weapons are just weak, as expected.

youtu.be/5WfKDgNuuP4?t=103

Can you confirm if the unarmoured vulnerability is true or if it was just a coincidence?

>Also in one of the trailers there was a battle rifle that minced them so maybe the lower calibre weapons are just weak, as expected.
weapons have stats

no shit but people here are seemingly surprised by it

checked

I get the feeling it's better to save some of the survivors until NG+.

Shooting enemies in the arms or legs can knock them down and inflict bleed. The game tells you this in the encyclopedia.

Attached: 20190305022545.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

kek that shovel mastery

Enemies are insane bullet sponges, for one. Minimum 4 headshots to kill, or 3 molotovs. Survivors have a single path they follow and can only be told to stop of you're next to them or by slowly pulling up your map, and that path goes directly through guard patrols. Enemies will shred you if you aren't wearing armor, and the missions frequently force you into shooting segments the game otherwise discourages you from engaging in. These problems compound to make the game extremely frustating. Also, this may be a personal issue, but the aiming reticle does not accurately show how much shot deviance you may have, leading to a lot of unexpected missed shots.

so, are the choice important?

there's trophies for getting good and bad endings so more than most modern games lol

Holy fuck lmao. It doesn't even look THAT bad

Not surprised, gameplay looked unfinished so close to release and the whole thing seems like a rushed job.
Probably worth picking up on sale in a few months.

It's funny to get people mad. I need something to do whole waiting for responces in threads.

Don't speak arabic pls translate.

I'm betting the true bad ending will be you saving no survivors.

I'm sure there's a joke somewhere about a game called Left Alive killing the series but I'm too lazy to think of anything clever

I got the feeling that while the game will be far from perfect, it will be a lot better than the reviews says.
Will probably pick it on sales.

There business model is the older generation knows what everyone wants shut up and code and sleep at your desk.

lol

FEAR 1 had really good AI. Why can't devs copy paste that if they're not gonna improve AI?

Maybe they're hoping the avengers game will be a hit, though i wish they'd tell us anything about it.

SACRE BLEU!

Please don't mention how extremely successful KH3 has been, it triggers the SE haters.

Those enemies are busy being on fire, they're not programmed to stop drop and roll. When not under those circumstances, the AI in the game ranges from brain dead to insanely on the ball. I've seen them forget where I went as soon as I was out of sight, and I've seen them bait me while they circled the whole level just to cut off my exits.

Everything went to shit when they changed from Squaresoft to a merger with that Enix shit company.

Attached: jesse-lee-peterson.png (339x420, 65K)

you too are collecting them?
I unironically still like some Kusoge games, because i still have fun.

Factually wrong. The illusion was having radio chatter.

Isn't this supposed to be a FM spin off? It doesn't even have the franchise name in the title, why is everyone getting mad it isn't like the original games?

Konami=Bad

Attached: 20190305_095801.png (464x442, 90K)

there's no way that's true, and even if it is it won't last for three days since dmc5 is coming out, and then sekiro at the end of the month

because evolved was shit and now we have another shitty spinoff

Yikes maybe it takes more than good cover art to have a good game

What?

youtu.be/UBKS3MKVIvs?t=3145

oh noooo

Attached: 1539608165731.gif (198x198, 15K)

That Wanzer is a qt.

A QT!

If you think western journos are bad you haven't seen nothing compared to the jap ones where 90% are literally on the same few companies' payroll.

People aren't judging only the game anymore the the behaviour of the company related to the game.
Agendas, banning people, false advertisment, forbidding streaming, where the game is sold, company bias - these things have nothing to do with the game itself, but they're the subject for judgement by people.
Whether it's a good thing or not is up for discussion.

Attached: 1353926864434.jpg (1008x504, 81K)

THE ABSOLUTE CITY STATE OF SQUARE ENIX
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
FLOP CITY

>the the
but as well the behaviour*

Good "AI" in video games generally is giving the illusion of enemies being intelligent despite them still being scripted. People rarely mean the literal definition of AI.

I just watched an all bosses video. Olga has no bosses and Mikhai is the only one with a Wanzer fight. The final boss is satellite targeting a Wanzer to get bombed. One boss is a cyborg holding a minigun and shotgun and doing raser punches which sounds cool until you see how shitty it looks. I was geuinely excited for this and they fucked it up so bad. The shooting looks awful and you roll a lot. Why the fuck was this game put out like this when it could've been cool. Also why the fuck did it need a vague front mission tie in?

You have the power virtue signalling, we have the power of bombs.

What is stronger, Hiroshima?

apart from Resident Evil 2, are there even any good AAA games that released this year without any controversies?

seething

Why are we celebrating that squeenix is going to shit?

>t seething journalist

I can't stress how much I dislike this trend of review bombing absolutely everything. Some day we won't get anything else than shit from EA. Activision. And ubisoft. Fuck you guys.

>if you have understanding of the medium that means you are a virgin that will never get my holes
embarrassing.

What the fuck is with game devs and releasing 4/10 unfinished buggy piles of shit made with someone else's engine and calling them games

Translation for non-spaghetti eaters:

>In the months preceeding the arrival of Left Alive on the market, the game has always remained aside, showing itself only timidly and making full use of Yoji Shinkawa's character design in order to show its concept similarities with the first Metal Gear Solid games. Too bad such a thing is only a productive one: this new Square Enix game is a tribute to the golden age of japanese action games, of a stylized fantapolitic and of glorious 3D experimentations. Not to say that it's a bad thing to nostalgicly salvage those merits and that way of thinking a "videogame", even accepting the fact that the product here is not quite modern and a little stiff. We would have actually enjoyed a product made distant from the actual mass-videogame logics, especially because right now "stealth" isn't a very popoular genre. The problem is that Left Alive gets so many things wrong: it presents itself with a very limited gameplay, that manages to convince the player only thanks to the gadget numbers and diversity. As for infiltration and gunplay the problems are unforgivable and are often linked to the game responsivity and control system, IA, stealth approach variety and mission structure. Even worse the sad number of levels, which is quite miserable. A true pity: the tragedy of Novo Slavia and the magnetic traits of Shinkawa's characters truly deserved better.

>poor man's MGS have failed

>even if squeenix dies DQ will survive
Feels good

Attached: 1550513585639.gif (420x431, 2.07M)

>Review-bombed by nine people who have barely touched the game if they've even played it at all.
>"LOL HAHA THIS GAME SUX SEE GUISE AMICOOLYET Yea Forums?"

Are you actually retarded or just pretending?

just

Attached: 123.jpg (1201x253, 45K)

Bravery Default and Octopath were fine tho.

I'm enjoying it, the one thing I dislike is that the little radar robot never SHUTS THE FUCK UP when there's an enemy around and I can't figure out if I can disable it.

Some of you are in denial about this game being bad, why? Is it the art?

you could just watch some gameplay and see for yourself
stop looking at review scores
the game is garbage

it's going to suck

>t. never read the manual
Cloud is just emo as fuck

It looked like shit, I don't know what you guys expected.

As for the Shinkawa stuff, that's the only thing that caught my eye, but everything else looked dull.

75% of the game's reviews in Amazon Japan has 1 star. Its had a rough start.