Face it, they haven't been good since they stopped making Xbox exclusives. Literally soulless after 2009

Face it, they haven't been good since they stopped making Xbox exclusives. Literally soulless after 2009.

Attached: th[1].jpg (474x474, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5x4eKupfLgA
youtube.com/watch?v=Hvq8IxhDJoc
youtu.be/fi-JzGvEnjg
youtube.com/watch?v=22CyhSRCiuc
youtube.com/watch?v=4jaIUlz-wNU
youtube.com/watch?v=S6--zRlVRFM
youtube.com/watch?v=lYzNg5kqrdg
youtube.com/watch?v=LU2AlRst_Fs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXYFUEAKvD8
youtube.com/watch?v=rag3l3HcngA
youtube.com/watch?v=2kliJ6to0RY
youtube.com/watch?v=0iVTzMS63rI
youtube.com/watch?v=_3RiS-k9JEU
youtube.com/watch?v=bwRCxOId-Uc
youtube.com/watch?v=-R9ocjuhrb0
youtube.com/watch?v=3rBYN892alo
youtube.com/watch?v=tv6tBTxy5oM
youtube.com/watch?v=oM_qQS0Fedw
youtube.com/watch?v=ISB4EivGqz8
youtube.com/watch?v=29e7KtIlyjM
youtube.com/watch?v=sh0lQdh0m-E
youtube.com/watch?v=ZnyTzIBrS5s
youtube.com/watch?v=4mw--mxApic
youtube.com/watch?v=wcl21gZZ_lk&list=PL3C07EE2AAC99A312&index=4
youtube.com/watch?v=iy5Bd8Qyqt0
youtube.com/watch?v=9aYV8p2VkxM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They were never good.
Never.

Yep
Nope

Dead Or Alive 4 is my favorite Team Ninja game.

Attached: doa4.jpg (372x525, 83K)

Nioh is a great game, unfinished but still great

I am enjoying Nioh a lot
I heard they're making a second Nioh; so-called Nioh 2
I have not played any other Team Ninja game

Bluepilled af

Shit man this was my first 360 game and I love it so much. It and Persona 4 Arena are still my go to fighting games. Too bad about 5. Haven't played 6 yet. We need DOA4, DOAX2, and Ninja Gaiden 2 BC

If you had said Ninja Gaiden it would at least be debatable, but DoA is just straight up trash.

Only good thing about it is the tits.

>Metroid Other M
Shit
>Ninja Gaiden 3
Disappointing
>Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Actually really good
>Dead or Alive 5
Not too bad
>Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate/Last Round
Really good, but went full jew on the DLC
>Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
Trash
>Hyrule Warriors
Really good. Definitive edition is excellent
>Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT
Terrible
>Nioh
Excellent
>Fire Emblem Warriors
Not as good as Hyrule, but it's alright
>Dead or Alive 6
Good gameplay, lacking in features

>DoA is just straight up trash
Hmm, I wonder why he would say that. Perhaps I should ask hi---
>Only good thing about it is the tits
Oh okay. Opinion discarded.

Attached: DOA4Ryu_(C2).jpg (150x109, 5K)

Microsoft bought them didn't they? Maybe we can see a return

Naaah man. I haven't played 1 or 2, but 3 and 4 stand on their own. 5 is bad

Ninja Gaiden is overrated

Attached: Ninja-Garden.png (420x560, 438K)

Nioh was basically a lucky break. Anything they did without Cookie is trash. Old DOA always had a high quality look, now it not only looks cheap but everything besides the fighting looks and feels clunky.

It's true though.
Compared to Tekken and VF there's just no reason to ever touch DoA. It's just worse on every level.

I want a reason for DOA4 community to have a revival. As it stands, unless you have family or close friends that are into it, you have no one to play it with. AI is just not as fun.

>ninja gaiden is overrated

The Yea Forums I knew is gone.

You're thinking Ninja Theory: western action developers, creators of Devil may Cry

Doa4 is coming to Xbox one via backward compatibility.

You're overrated

Fuckin ninjas all look the same

Maybe I like not playing juggle fighters that feel stiff as shit and slow

Tekken sucks, VF is literally who and has veen dead since it started

does that give it online?

Ninja Gaiden black is such a great game. Why can't they just use a similar structure and remake Ninja Gaiden 3

Hyrule warriors was great.

Talk shit about Tekken all you want but VF is the best 3D fighter ever made and you literally can not prove me wrong. You'd drop DoA in a heartbeat if you ever tried it out.

Attached: dead-or-alive_mainline-series-ranked.png (1400x1800, 1.92M)

Vanilla NG3 was terrible, but RE is a really good NG game.

I played Virtua Fighter 4 when I was a kid and Virtua Fighter 5 for the past three summers as an adult.
VF5 is not as fluid as Dead Or Alive 3 or 4 and you need to juggle people, including off the ground, in order to get long combos, which in my opinion is bad game design and throws out all the realism Virtua Fighter pretenses, thus wasting the rational for its watered-down action compared to DOA.

Yes. It’ll be the same game from 360.

3 is rotten to the core. Giving Ryu a few new weapons doesnt fix anything

Yes? It still has online, but if its playable on Xbox One, it gets a second life with a revived community. And its easier to sell to a bro who can play it on a modern console than digging up their old 360

I admit, I didn't play that

There's no cure for shit taste, I guess.

The fighting in 6 is better than 5. The UI is great. Everything else is weak.

*block your mortal path*

Attached: 1523202273577.png (1280x720, 2.07M)

nice argument
>meter

Attached: 2019-03-05_04-33-03.png (403x585, 347K)

Why was the Xbox1 so good for them?
>kino DOA 3.1
>KINO NGB

It was the age of video games where SOUL culminated
The magic touched a lot of developers

>VF5 is not as fluid as Dead Or Alive 3 or 4 and you need to juggle people, including off the ground, in order to get long combos, which in my opinion is bad game design and throws out all the realism Virtua Fighter pretenses, thus wasting the rational for its watered-down action compared to DOA.
As a VFfag I agree with this. I wouldn't say it's bad game design though

Did they announce a date for Nioh 2 yet?

Attached: 1549890027278.jpg (230x265, 76K)

nope
fuck i cant wait at least i can make warmup in sekiro

The worst part is that Itagaki seems like he's done developing video games
No you're not you stupid fuck, where's my spiritual successors for the NeXtbox?

Attached: Tomonobu-Itagaki-e1328815224925.jpg (1125x747, 178K)

I thought I'm the only one who prefer DoA4 and older's anime-eque faced over the new one's uncanny doll faces

Like it or not, that's DOA.
youtube.com/watch?v=5x4eKupfLgA

Attached: Dead or Alive 4 (HD) #12 - Zack-.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

I thought that was common? Look at Ryu's odd arms and eyes in a non Itagaki game. Look at the cool Dreamcast style polygon faces from DOA 1-3 and the cool HD upgrade in DOA 4

Microsoft should have owned Valhalla studios and fully back Devils Third. They got him started but didn't go the full way sadly. Don Mattrick and his sports/Kinect fetish if I had to guess. But anyone who considers themselves an Xbox fan most likely has played a DOA or NG game. We haven't forgotten his games. We want access to them forever on Xbox One and future Xboxs.

Nioh is pretty great
hopefully Nioh2 will be even better

Razor's Edge also wasn't bad, even if it wasn't NG2 tier

All Team Nu-nja had to do was make a final game in the Itagaki style to wrap everything up, and then just reboot with new IP of their own design. I wouldn't have hated Dead Or Alive 5 so much if it wasn't called and wasn't trying to be "Dead Or Alive".
I think a similar thing about Devil may Cry.

Attached: mila - 1550962702679.jpg (1140x701, 86K)

NG3 is bad in all its incarnations, stop that

>I thought that was common?
nu-fans overwhelmingly prefer the photorealist anime look of DOA5/DOAX3

aside from ninja gaiden, what are we missing?

nioh is basically a ninja gaiden and dark souls love child....and it holds it's own perfectly fine. albeit that game can be an irritating cunt, you can tell they went further to irritate the player than souls ever has.

Attached: good thread op.jpg (958x1200, 500K)

>nioh is basically a ninja gaiden and dark souls love child
+diablo loot system

That is some serious cringe. They go to Soiny fans and this is the result. That old art was perfect, great mix of old school charm with high quality modern modeling. You could tell they just felt like sexy game characters instead of trying to be raunchy sluts for virgins

>Microsoft should have owned Valhalla studios and fully back Devils Third.
I think partnership would have been useful and honorable enough.
Indeed it is a shame Itagaki didn't hold out for the new direction Phil Spencer's leadership has taken the brand in. He tried to forge his path at an utterly horrid time and it's evidently destroyed his spirit.
>We haven't forgotten his games. We want access to them forever on Xbox One and future Xboxs.
I don't know if that's enough to garner healthy communities around them. If you're a fan, you already own the games on older consoles. Online will only last so long. What's motivating people to go out and play these games together in person? I don't see that happening off Backwards-Compatibility alone, unfortunately.

Retard opinion

Truth incoming

DOA2U>DOA3>DOA4=DOA6>DOA1>DOA5

4 is a mixed bag, 6 is a but early to call but it's clearly better than the trash that is 5. Nothing beats 2U though

Attached: gaujh36aw0k21.png (387x386, 242K)

I have to admit I was against the meter but it works. SSSS is what I don't like.

Dead Or Alive 2 Ultimate has the most content but no moves.
Go from 4 to 2 and you'll wonder how your character was ever playable.

its a joke relax

never played diablo senpai, but i believe you

Itagaki is a better memer than game developer:
youtube.com/watch?v=Hvq8IxhDJoc

Attached: ps4pro-Tomonobu-Itagaki-Valhalla-Game-Studios.jpg (664x374, 29K)

Even smaller japanese devs were top of the line in the PS2 era. Itagaki really went above and beyond and used the extra power of the Xbox. After 360 came most japanese devs lost their touch. Other than a few gems in every year they are struggling to keep up.
Team Ninja was AAA in the Xbox Classic era but this slowly eroded through the gens. Nioh was good but you can't expect quality work from them.

Onlines not forever. But Xbox BC means the old game + modern wrapper. So it will be accessible on every Xbox going forward. With a better display. Maybe even 4k one day. Its about preservation ultimately. NGB is future safe. I will be able to play and continue it at any time now. NG2, and all of Itagakis games deserve to be preserved like that

>the buildup
>Japanese """humo---
>last ~30 seconds
okay, that was kinda funny

> not watching until the end where Itagaki gets drunk and dances with prostitutes

Attached: johnmcafee_uninstall-625x352.jpg (625x352, 61K)

i remember hearing the 3 was kind of shit but it had an updated version that never made it stateside that was a lot better

I hope they attempt another Ninja Gaiden after Nioh 2

>the studio that defined character action games now playing a game of ripping off From Software
How sad

Platinum Games didn't rip off Fromeme tho

I'm talking about Ninja Gaiden. Platinum has never defined anything.

>character action

>Nioh the best Diablo like actually better than Diablo 2 is bad

Attached: 1541301145813.png (665x835, 35K)

Literally best phrase to describe an action game with a fixed character.

Kill yourself

Attached: 76868979.jpg (1244x700, 104K)

Sure thing, now go play your metroidvanias

Someone in another DOA thread mentioned that Justin Wong is working on DOA6. Is this true?

i never heard a thing about doa6 but wong is working on that power rangers game so maybe they got confused

Was Ein (and for that matter Hayate) really just Tomonobu's self-insert all along?

Attached: DOA4_Hayate_C1.jpg (150x94, 4K)

>tone down sexiness to get on espn
>forget to make a good fighting game
next time don't pander to twitter freaks

He doesnt self insert. All his characters are seen as children according to him. Maybe he puts a quality he thinks he has in each character. That plus striking designs is why theyre memorable

>those 2007 tgs leaks

Good times

Attached: ng2x3601[1].jpg (550x310, 35K)

>long simple hair
>rectangular face
>black trenchcoat
>straight-up Karate
>hard rock as fuck theme song
>sunglasses
come on now

i wonder how mad he was about kasumi being in ninja gaiden 3

>puts Ein into 4 despite Hayate also existing because he knows he's enjoyed.
>Can't get Ein, Leon, Gen-Fu, or Nyotengu in the base game because Shimbori says they wouldn't make sense in the story mode
>the story mode is complete shit and makes 5 seem like it was well written in comparison

What a shitty timeline.

Who's you all's mains in each DOA?
>1
didn't play enough to choose
>2
Zack and Leon
>3
Zack and Leon
>4
Hayabusa and Eliot and Leon
>5
I just fuck around with like Hitomi or something, I don't care
>6
haven't played it

Attached: 116146-stranger.jpg (1280x1024, 561K)

Nyotengu is in Story Mode, and playable for pre-orders. You may be mistaking her for Momiji.

I was mistaking her for Momiji. Sorry.

DOA6 is basically 2U/3 but with more moves and characters. The stages in 2U/3 are better though.

>1
Never committed to 1 pick
>2
Ein, Ein, and more Ein
>3
Hitomi, Hayate
>2U
Ein, Hayabusa, Bayman, Hitomi
>4
Eliot, Ein, Hayate
>5
Hitomi, Hayate, but real talk I hate this game
>6
NiCO so far, may rotate to Mila or Tina

When THE FUCK IS EIN

Attached: IMG_1951.png (1136x640, 1.2M)

Shut your fucking whore mouth

>1
Gen Fu
>2
Gen Fu
>3
Gen Fu, Brad Wong, Ein
>4
Gen Fu
>5
Gen Fu
>6
N/A

I played more than a little in the full demo trying so god damn hard to make Eliot fill that void but he doesn't. And no other character has the strike centric non-combo (outside of cs) non-throw power hit playstyle of Gen Fu. Diego is close in a very superficial way.
Why the fuck did he not at least make a proper replacement. God damn. At least expand Eliot's stance so it's actually a shoddy copy.

Fuck me.

>I'm talking about Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden is not a studio tho

>1
never played
>2
never played
>3
ayane and hitomi
>4
ayane elliot
>5
ayane jacky
>6
ayane nico

Honestly they would still fuck it up. Look at the sigma games. Literally all you have to do is port the Xbox versions and fix the bugs but instead they added unnecessary shit like the secondary characters and gay purple mist in place of blood.

>no other character has the strike centric non-combo (outside of cs) non-throw power hit playstyle of Gen Fu.
Well I suppose I learned something today. I never understood his appeal.
And why do you like Ein so much, user?

You can at least follow what's going on in 6 and make proper distinctions about who's fucking around where and why.
5 was a disaster. They may as well have called it the Alpha P4 Variety Hour.

Itagaki was really the only one with brains

>I never understood his appeal.
It's a combination of his advanced age, his technique, his build (because he's pretty stocky), and his gameplay.
He was tons of fun in 5 because you weren't gaming around deleting people with pb powerhits and holds. Even if his reveal in 5 was kind of like a shittier 4.

I think Itagaki understood that the two characters were supposed to exist alongside each other. Which is why they were far apart in comparison to Hitomi and Ein.

Now they've dressed Eliot up in his colors and you've got this 18 year old kid talking about how his fists get stronger with age. Such a pity.

By the way, this is why Ein is the fucking man, this shit got my blood pumping when I was young. You just know this is the theme of ass kicking.

youtu.be/fi-JzGvEnjg

Short simple strings, HIGH POWER, good speed, satisfying impact behind every move. Great aesthetic too. Hayate doesn't give me the same satisfaction of just straight punching a motherfucker and sending him flying ten feet into a wall, ninja shit is cool but blowing a motherfucker up with simple karate is the shit. Hitomi doesn't feel nearly as good either, despite being best girl. Ein was just such a fucking powerhouse, felt like one of the few "fundamentals focused" characters in DOA as well. Ein wasn't much fun in 5 either, felt like the systems left him behind. Playing Ein in DOA2U is true power. That was also my first online fighting game as a teenager and I felt like Ein's simplicity and power gave me a platform to keep up with more experienced and skilled players. I didn't meed fancy tricks, just good reads, solid judgment, and the sense to know when to whiff punish with a solid straight punch. I didn't even know what whiff punishing was back then, but I was fucking doing it. In a way, for me at least, Ein represents the bare bones fundamental toolset of kicking ass in a game where everyone has more tools and tricks than you, but your simple shit is so solid it gets the job done anyway. It was a perfect match for a kid in 2004 stumbling his way into online fighting games. 15 years later and I've progressed into the type of advanced player I used to fear, but I still yearn for that same underdog powerhouse satisfaction.

The only other character in a fighting game that lands that feeling for me is Akatsuki in UNIST, nothing feels better than mashing CHESTO through some faggy anime player's flashy oki set-up.

Attached: 1533175054482.png (1400x1800, 532K)

>Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
That was made by Spark Unlimited.

Sigma 2 got butchered because NG2 is fundamentally a 360 exclusive. Its effects just could not reasonably run with the same amount of on screen objects on a PS3. Itagaki would always boldly say how the 360 is the worlds best hardware.

Its really fucked up how staggered the releases are. Like NG1/2 and Sigma 1/2 should have been available on 360 and PS3. Let the players play the one they want more on the console they have. The dream is a multiplat port of all 3 games (even if I hate 3) and have options to toggle it as ORIGINAL or SIGMA modes.

Oh boy, it's the People who don't play Ninja Gaiden lament the "loss" of Ninja Gaiden thread. My absolute favorite.

Attached: Triggered.webm (900x506, 2.22M)

Since this seems to be the DOA6 thread, how do you counter grapplers as Nico? Bass has been pushing my shit in since Nico does so little damage

Attached: D0rubafX4AkpjP8.jpg (1200x675, 159K)

>Face it, they haven't been good since Tecmo fired Itagaki after he called the faggots out
Fixed.

Is there any chance of this being good?

Attached: marvel-ultimate-alliance-3-2.jpg (1200x675, 235K)

I haven't played him too much yet, but that's a lot how Diego feels. Just a brutal "knock the shit out of things and punish bitches" gorilla smash character that pounds hard and sends fuckers flying.
Seems almost OP against the CPU in arcade though. I'm not that good at DOA in general, but he basically blows through the high diff arcades for me when I was struggling with other characters.

Cool stuff.
My favorite move of his is the, I don't even know how to describe it, the flip kick that launches suckers into the air.

Nico does a lot of damage user and she's exactly the kind of character that is best against grapplers. Just be aggressive and don't spam holds, Bass is way easier to fight against than Tina, Ryu or Bayman.

Start by learning how to use critical stun so you can actually use your walking disaster.

They stopped being good after DOA 2 Ultimate.

>ninja gaiden
>not good
oof

I hear a lot of peole defend Ninja Gaiden Black but they never mention what even makes it good in the first place.
I've heard way more arguments on why it's *not* a masterpiece, all fairly convincing.

Attached: 1546834421146 - ryu.jpg (899x674, 124K)

Attached: in a nutshell.jpg (1400x1800, 533K)

Reminder not to pay any attention to the 4 sperg

>1
Didn't know what main is. Just picked someone randomly and pressed some buttons.
>2
Leon
>3
Leon
>2U
Leon
>4
Leon
>5
Bayman/Mila, later Leon. Mila and Leon were so barebones while Bayman became a beast. Mila got better later but didn't go in the direction I liked.
>6
Bayman/Tina

>it's just one guy!
>DOA4 is the worst in the series!

Attached: r - 1546162794709.png (240x246, 26K)

>1
N/A
>2
Kasumi/Ryu
>3
Kasumi/Ryu
>4
Kasumi/Ryu
>5
Momiji/Rachel
>6
Kasumi/Ryu

Attached: 1551728746243.jpg (1920x1080, 283K)

Ein's theme is just a shittier version of hayabusa

youtube.com/watch?v=22CyhSRCiuc

DoA6 is probably the best in fighting therms.
Shame about jewish DNA from devs (seasson pass and so DoA5 path)

that's not even Hayabusa's best theme

First off it ran smoothly unlike ng2. Virtually no bugs or crashes.

Second the combat was fun and challenging. Lots of combos and weapons. Lots of enemy types and bosses. Later difficulties actually added content instead of just increasing damage numbers. Combat was fair and didn't relay on cheap tricks for difficulty like increasing the number of enemies or giving them tons of health.

No one talks about it but also used a dynamic lock on system which I never see in other games.

I wasn't a karma runner but those that were really liked that system

Gameplay wise I liked the semi open world/hub structure and the Zelda type of "puzzles" and platforming that provided a break from combat. The golden scarabs were a nice collectable touch.

DUDE................ ID SLAP YOU SHIT SO HARD IF I WAS RELATED TO YOU

you're wrong and nothing you say will convince me otherwise

Gimmie whoever has the best theme in 3

You could not be more wrong if you tried but his best theme is neither from DOA or NG

youtube.com/watch?v=4jaIUlz-wNU

Attached: We need more money.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

never played 3 so I dunno man

Nah. DOA5 was good, Nioh was good, Razors Edge was decent, DOA6 is good. Other M was largely Sakamoto's fault. NG3 is their only real stinker.

Take your pick. Carefully curated:
youtube.com/watch?v=S6--zRlVRFM
youtube.com/watch?v=lYzNg5kqrdg
youtube.com/watch?v=LU2AlRst_Fs

Attached: doa3.jpg (372x531, 62K)

Absolutely fucking horrendous taste. You must be an arcade dancer.

Great taste. Last request. Give me the beats from 4

Not him but it's Hayate, followed by Kasumi, followed by Christie followed by Hayane

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXYFUEAKvD8
youtube.com/watch?v=rag3l3HcngA
youtube.com/watch?v=2kliJ6to0RY
youtube.com/watch?v=0iVTzMS63rI

Attached: Consider the following.jpg (1080x1920, 306K)

This. Dark Souls is better.

No, i just have more refined tastes than you. I understand how it's a concept that's hard to grasp, sorry bud

Attached: Shrug.png (1266x712, 719K)

It's just a remix of stage music from the NES NG games though. If you're using that as the bar, there are a lot better tunes from those games to choose from.

>itagakikeks

>Hayane

fuck, that's a first. Good name for the kid she will never EVER have with him though

Attached: Country roads....webm (900x506, 2.91M)

Oh that's the one I was trying and failing to remember.
>youtube.com/watch?v=ZXYFUEAKvD8
Great shit. I remember liking this theme a fuck ton when I was younger. God damn

same guy, I really gotta throw this in there
youtube.com/watch?v=_3RiS-k9JEU

Hayate's is okay, like a decent number of other tracks in the game, but not on the level of my picks.

Will do.

>Seething Xcuck

Was Nioh too smart to succeed? Soulsfags can't play a game where combat is more engaging than r1 r1 circle circle r1

>Hayate's is okay, like a decent number of other tracks in the game, but not on the level of my picks

I will only accept this if you typed it with a self assured smirk on your face an pushed your glasses up with your index and middle finger after clicking post

The cream of the crop, but a matter of taste:
youtube.com/watch?v=bwRCxOId-Uc
youtube.com/watch?v=-R9ocjuhrb0
youtube.com/watch?v=3rBYN892alo
youtube.com/watch?v=tv6tBTxy5oM
youtube.com/watch?v=oM_qQS0Fedw

Honorable mentions:
youtube.com/watch?v=ISB4EivGqz8
youtube.com/watch?v=29e7KtIlyjM
youtube.com/watch?v=sh0lQdh0m-E

The Dead Or Alive 2 tracks that reappear are all basically excellent.

Attached: template - bouncer pepe.png (680x670, 242K)

Much appreciated user I'll give em all a listen

>Gear instead of skill based
>No enemy variety
>Speaking of soundtracks, the most forgettable and generic soundtrack ever made for a game in that setting
>Padded out content to the point vast numbers of people could not even finish a single difficulty run
>Difficulties that add nothing but gear grind

There was nothing smart about it, most disappointing thing they have done since vanilla NG3 but not as bad.

Attached: 1551732168703.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

It was too shit to succeed.

barely played it
Ayane
Christie, Ayane
Christie, Ayane
Christie, Ayane, Helena
Christie, Ayane, Helena

Attached: succubus_ayane_x_christie_by_x_leelith_x_d9ynb8g.jpg (1920x1080, 1.2M)

Imagine licking the sweat off that butt

but it succeeded and is getting a sequel. unlike nigga gayden which is dead and buried and never ever coming back

Hunter's Moon (4) > The Shooted (2) > Look Ahead (3)

Attached: 1546638503923 - ryu.jpg (2550x3400, 1.49M)

This is the best track for Ayane by far:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZnyTzIBrS5s

I can't find a track that really stands out for Ryu even in his own game.

I know Nyo is supposed to be playful but this is the best theme for Tengu: youtube.com/watch?v=4mw--mxApic

It's actually one of my favorite boss themes of all time.

Attached: Rude birb.webm (900x506, 2.89M)

acceptable taste

>First off it ran smoothly unlike ng2
fair
>Second the combat was fun and challenging. Lots of combos and weapons.
It had a good variety of weapons but by no means a good number of combos for each weapon if you aren't taking them as a whole.
>Lots of enemy types and bosses
Seemed like just a bunch of ninjas for the most part as far as mooks go.
>Later difficulties actually added content instead of just increasing damage numbers.
Oh really?
>Combat was fair and didn't relay on cheap tricks for difficulty
I don't know, unescapable throws that take off 2/5 health when you are too near for too long seems pretty cheap to me, on top of the bosses not being easily staggered.
>or giving them tons of health
All Japanese games do this.
>No one talks about it but also used a dynamic lock on system which I never see in other games.
What does that mean?
>platforming that provided a break from combat.
the platforming was decent at best, like the first level all the way on to the first boss, and tedious, like the whole water level.

youtube.com/watch?v=wcl21gZZ_lk&list=PL3C07EE2AAC99A312&index=4

bruh

Why is Ninja Gaiden so generic? They couldn't even use every DOA voice clip and assign them properly (and sparingly)

Except the combat was heavily skill based

sure, use overpowered skill oneshot boss
very skill based

I've never played a Ninja Gaiden game but I heard they're all incredibly imbalanced spamfests and only interesting if you deliberately gimp yourself. How much truth is there to that?

IMO the original Jintsuriki is superior. It has the correct buildup, the correct instrumentation, and doesn't waste time repeating insignificant sections. It just puts its fut down and keeps moving forward. This remix is too repetitive and too focused on being "epic", when it already was pretty hype
youtube.com/watch?v=iy5Bd8Qyqt0

Attached: tengu.jpg (124x200, 5K)

in term of the combat, I think just blocking had to be emphasized
a whole tutorial on blocking, timely guard and parrying in the Dojo would've got more people to keep pushing through to the end

Not him. And granted it's gear focus is a point in the game. And there is a LOT of problems with Nioh, but early run bosses being exploitable is the least of it's problems.

The entire genre is a pile of monotonous mindless grindfests, there is no such thing as a good Diablo like

Well in ninja gaiden 1 you can really just spam forward y in the air and xyxxxy and its preferable because the camera is legitimately god awful in that game, combined with terrible platforming sections. In ninja gaiden 2 youre free to experiment however as long as its not on the hardest difficulty. I havent played enough of ninja gaiden 3 to give you a good answer

>IMO the original Jintsuriki is superior

I liked that version too, it's the reason i love the remix but i could not disagree more.

>Second the combat was fun and challenging. Lots of combos and weapons.
If only any of it actually mattered. NGB is fun but don't pretend it's because of combos or anything like that. You really only use a tiny handful of moves because everything else is terrible, but the game still manages to be fun because you have to figure out how to deal with enemies with just those tools.

Ninja Dog detected

why do you try so hard? lol you literally never heard that, come on user

Attached: 1551565704634.webm (889x500, 2.9M)

>Nioh combat
>engaging
Lmao

Last good game they made was Metroid Other M. Why can't we go back bros

>early run bosses being exploitable
You can melt every boss until Abyss in 2-3 hits

>early run bosses
youtube.com/watch?v=1O_8geSSbvA
Behold, the hardest fight in Nioh. The ultimate challenge.

Attached: butthurt.jpg (836x472, 71K)

Nice projecting

Attached: 1542841206820.jpg (224x225, 18K)

The consensus about NGB is that it's just hold Y to win.

Even if you only use UTs, you still have to know how to use them properly. There's nothing spammy about it. A limited pool of useful moves does not equal spam.

>1
didn't play
>2
Ayane
>3
Ayane
>4
Ayane
>5
Marie Rose
>6
Marie Rose

>You really only use a tiny handful of moves

That's literally not true.

Attached: WOOOOOOOOOOOW.webm (720x480, 2.72M)

I mean we both know it isn't but you can reduce every single game to such statements.

Oh yeah another thing, terrible bosses in gaiden 1. Most of them you have to slowly chip away at their health but they can wipe you out in a few hits. Theres not many bosses like that in 2 and 3 at least

You cannot beat Master Ninja without abusing chained UTs, flying swallow and izuna.

People only think that because they watch videos on YouTube oversaturated with karma runners who only use uts. That's just one way to play the game.

>you can reduce every single game to such statements
Every NG game?
Every action game?
Every game with real-time combat?

Attached: 1541485178702.jpg (1484x1094, 127K)

lol i most certainly can and i'm like average at the game

Attached: Shigitty.jpg (2142x1203, 874K)

So? Using those moves as effectively as possible is what NG is about. What, you think just doing some slightly different combo strings somehow makes the game more interesting or skillful? The focus lies on dealing with overwhelming situations. Not combos or a ton of varied moves.

So if all the other ways are just worse, and not even always viable on Master Ninja, are they really worth bringing up?

Absolutely false nigger. Come back after actually playing the game

You're thinking of NG2, not NGB.

lol your turd of a game doesn't even have a style meter

It has a timer with bonus score for every encounter though. You can't just spam UTs for them.

>You cannot beat Master Ninja without abusing chained UTs, flying swallow and izuna.
Ahaha you're bad, also flying swallow will get your dumb ass killed

They are not worse. You forgot counter attacks wall attacks that forward y move with the flails the lunar x moves so much is useful even on master ninja

More like hold y to get killed in 2 seconds flat.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is a travesty of a game and Itagaki is a hack.

NG2 has a fuck load of flaws but it is massively better than the trash Hayashi puts out

Reddit is that way ----->

Nioh was godlike.

*delimbs and OTs your posts*

hey now, that's only after ridiculous grind and leveling
that 300+ gear in the video is only available after you complete New Game++

>combat revolves around spamming one move
>LW
>Diablo loot grind
Nah

So what I'm getting from this thread is that if I want the superior *action* game, I should just pick up DMC4: Special Edition (fully unlocked)?
youtube.com/watch?v=9aYV8p2VkxM

Attached: c - 1544329757189 - dmc nero.jpg (1080x1080, 156K)

That doesn't make the combat any deeper, the boss might just need 5 hits to die instead of 1.

Combat is really deep.
What about it?
And that can be fun.
Yea

DMC provides a different kind of action game compared to NG, you may as well say you could just pick up GoW.
They aren't really comparable.

Play both retard, their cheap anyway but I can tell your just a falseflagger trying to start shit

*scythe uts u back to rebbit*

I never said any of the trash they put out afterwards was any better.

>I need more hair gel!

Attached: 1551701481924.jpg (703x742, 61K)

Maybe I just heckin' love fair challenge and freedom of play, and am curious of which games fulfill this

Attached: 1550123749149.jpg (291x400, 11K)

Western hack n' slashes are almost universally button mashers

>Combat is really deep.
It was until they added equipment effects that boosted only specific moves. It all fell apart from there.

NGB fulfills it in spades, but avoid all of the sequels.

>fair challenge
Until you get to MN in 2, and even then, only gunner type foes are an issue, the game is incredibly fair in that every foe you run into has the capacity to kill you, and is intentionally designed to have a toolkit equal to Ryu himself with the appropriate weapon.
Compared to many other action games where basic enemies are not a real threat unless you actively fuck up.
>freedom of play
What do you mean? Are you referencing combos?

This only avoid reading anything after a comma

Options don't remove depth.

Ninja Gaiden Black on PC when? I don't wanna buy an xbone for one old game

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge is the best game in the series tho.
If you disagree you're retarded unskilled normalfag.

Removing options does though. And when equipment starts incentivizing you to focus on only one move, that's what happens.

If you had a mind to, you could do some crazy shit in the early GoW games, it just was never a real requirement, and they went for experience and grandiose spectacle rather than tight mechanics.
It offers something neither DMC or NG offer: a sweeping vista and high scope action. It has an audience, even if it isn't you or I.

and that fight is only accessible after grinding through 999 abyss levels. which means when you get there, you WILL have max level and top tier gear

*tonfa uts u onto my dick*

Shuddup faggot, go to another thread if you hate ninja gaiden and dead or alive

For a moment I thought everyone was talking about Ninja Theory. Please kill me.

oh fuck, meant for

NG2 on MN is not a fair challenge that allows for varied play. Not saying it can't be dealt with but it pigeonholes you into abusing UTs and OTs for as much invulnerability as possible.

Incentives isn't removing options.

I hope they give me some actually deep action games for the NeXtbox. Better not be more casual shit.

Master ninja on none of these games is fun. All it equals to is cheap shots/grabs/1 shot kills, tons of artificial difficulty, and only using a handful of moves. All 3 are best played on mentor

How is completely destroying the balance between moves by making one move vastly more powerful than anything else not removing options? You no longer have any reason to use anything except that move.

what is even the point of Master Ninja in these games? you all don't make it sound like anything other than a masochistic trial of patience and pride-swallowing

So will their capeshit game be any good?

Attached: 1497230224929.jpg (500x465, 56K)

That's why you don't play vanilla NG2. One difficulty is not the sum of the whole game though, otherwise DMC3 would be the worst action game ever made.

Attached: Flips n Guns.webm (900x506, 2.93M)

Only because your autistic ass needs that MAX DEEPS. You can still use every other move your weapon has.

Action games aren't always about taking the optimal option. Give me some example of moves nulled by new equipment.

You can cheese them, or you can play them straight.
People who are good can play them straight, and it's fairly impressive to watch.

There is no point. For 2 and 3, you do it for the achievement, as a stamp on your profile that you were chad enough to handle it. Thats all

Keep dreaming sigma cuck. Take your shovelware extra content and gay streams of purple blood elsewhere

Why didn't MS buy them when they had the chance? Why did MS abandon ninja gaiden?

Oh just piss right off with that shit. Part of playing an action game is figuring out how to get the most out of your character's moveset. Stacking a bunch of damage on sign of the cross or iai quickdraw or whatever is not that.

For some. I'd rather do cool shit and take longer to kill the boss. It's not pvp who are you trying to impress.

Why am i not surprised that your an absolute shitter? Oh that's right, because i've literally always known that.

Attached: kek.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

>Dat helena Aerosmith ending in 4

Attached: 1526166744363.jpg (400x400, 19K)

>made metroid other M and dmc
one shit game after the another, amazing

Nioh initially does a good job at presenting you with a lot of tools to use for different purposes without making any of them too overpowering, at least after the patches. But all of the build autism past your first play through undermines it all and turns it into a complete shitfest. It would've been better off as just a straight action game.

Didn't know they were Babylon 5 fans.

Living weapon is always broken. sloth still lets you faceroll first playthrough.
The balance is just shit.

Most of the best games ever made have shit balance and easy ways to break them. If you don't like it just don't use those things.

it''s amazing

based op

Attached: 1525274583336.jpg (250x220, 7K)

I think this is just a meme but people have said you can't buy/own Japanese companies if you aren't Japanese yourself. It's some Japanese law.

>1
Ehh, I'll say Kasumi
>2
Kasumi, Ayane, Bayman, Leon
>3
Ayane, Bayman, Hitomi
>4
Ayane, Bayman
>5
Ayane, Bayman, Hitomi, Mila
>6
Not playing it until Last Round comes out, but of the current roster, probably Ayane, Bayman, Leifang, Hitomi

Still waiting for Ninja Gaiden II to be backwards compatible

Attached: 1536349767226.jpg (600x930, 65K)

Mever ever

>Seemed like just a bunch of ninjas for the most part as far as mooks go.

How I know you never played the game.

4-2 is the best music in the game, it's widely agreed.