Game advertises itself as "survival horror"

>game advertises itself as "survival horror"
>it actually is
Huh, how often does that happen?

Attached: alien-isolation.jpg (1280x720, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hOrphBFlDsg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love the evolution from "oh fuck a xenomorph fuck fuck" to "alright fuck off already" that happens during the game. Makes me feel like there's some kind of progression desu even if the games drags a bit towards the end

this shit is borderline walking sim tier, Awful.

Post-2007, not often enough. RE's getting back on that horse though which could lead to good things.

I can definitely see that happening later on but the fact that he refuses to fuck off contributes to the whole "will I make it to the next save point or lose all this time" which is what makes the game "survival horror" in my eyes.

Friendly reminder that IGN gave Alien Isolation a 5.9 and Alien Blackout a 6.3

Attached: Cant_spell_ignorance_without.png (1313x1083, 623K)

the AI is accurate

The criticism is true to an extent but is weighed too heavily in the score. Only the back quarter of the game or so is poorly paced, before that it's an easy 8/10 if not higher.

Does anybody even play the online for the 360 era Aliens vs Predators game? I’ve been playing through the campaign recently for the first time and been having a blast but wondering if multiplayer will even function when I get home from work.

That's only a 0.4 point difference

>(((IGN)))

Attached: the kike jewelry is fucking gay.jpg (970x545, 96K)

Roughly one out of four times.

>Frustrating AI

This is how you know they played it like Amnesia and stared at the inside of a locker for hours on end.

Why even bother mentioning IGN? Only trannies and basedboys care what faggots at IGN think.

Can you really criticize them for complaining about the alien AI when one of the most popular mods for the game is an alien AI mod? It is a little frustrating that the alien is literally leashed to the player and the game is rigged so you can't really ever escape from it. All you can do is just wait for him to fuck off into the vents for those brief moments of solitude.

The alien isn't supposed to leave. During the pressure scenarios, you are supposed to carefully sneak your way through while the alien walks about.

The alien AI mod is for impatient zoomers and small-brains.

I bet most people actually aggro the xeno with the motion detector. It's got a way larger alert radius than your foot steps. It's almost a detriment to use it. If you're being careful with it and don't run around, the alien will stay in the ducts most of the time.

It doesn't really matter how amazing the alien AI supposedly is because there are so few ways the player and it can interact with the enviroment or engage each other.
the game has about 1 hour worth of content so just do yourself and favour and play the nostromo DLC, it's basically the whole experience condensed into an hour or so

Why would Jews give a AAA game a BAD review? Particularly one with a female protagonist

It came out before everyone got "woke" in the broader sense. Further SJW's hate the Alien Franchise because Ellen is a primary example of how heroic women existed in film more than 5 years ago and also didn't have to punctuate every paragraph with intersectional bullshit.

The fact the alien stalking you was so heavily promoted ruined the game for me, I feel like purposely walking into a jumpscare

One of the last games that I really finished.

Attached: 1501519148251.jpg (500x500, 150K)

>Huh, how often does that happen?
OP is a retard. Big surprise.

Because A:I has a casual filter right at the start of the game called Medical. People spend hours upon hours dying because they refuse to confront the alien and learn it's mechanics, and instead endlessly bang their head against the inside of a locker waiting for it to "leave". Amnesia did a lot for horror, but it also fucked a lot of future things up. The lack of a persistent monster taught people that hiding until the threat left was the optimal solution, but that just isn't how the A:I alien works.

A:I is a stealth game. It just takes new players a while to realize it.

What part of it is survival?
The fact that you try not to die? Most games ever are survival in that case. You die, you just restart from checkpoint.

>"shit I can't beat this fucking enemy"
>bomb review score out of anger
>makes shit up about pacing because the reviewcunt is too scared to move, and just hides in a locker all day

Attached: areyoufuckin.jpg (1311x737, 48K)

>tfw didn't get a participation trophy so you give the game a bad score

Attached: 154516723762574.jpg (1070x601, 83K)

>makes shit up about pacing
you're kidding right?

>the facehugger death sounds

Attached: 1551401904359.jpg (1885x2048, 333K)

Wait, which alien ai mod? The one that removes the tether and makes the alien unpredictable? How is that a bad mod?

To be fair, "pacing" in this game is very dependent on how crap you are. It took me about 12-14 hours to beat the game. I routinely hear people claim it takes over 20 hours to beat it. That's not poor pacing. That's just not being very good at stealth games.

Have you played it? Instead of the alien being somewhat near you, it's off on the other side of the station doing diddily fuck all.

If there was a mod that added another one or two aliens, it'd probably be great.

I have 16 hours on steam which includes 2 hours or so of dlc fuckery
you are looking at it from the wrong way anyway, it's what the game offers over time, you just want to dismiss everything with gitgud xDD

Nigger, this game is scripted.
Imagine you are watching a movie and in the moment where serial killer should appear and stab you'r fucking ass, nothing happenes.

>game advertises itself as "survival horror"
>its actually complete shit

youtube.com/watch?v=hOrphBFlDsg

The pacing issues with the game are greatly exaggerated. I wouldn't argue against the cocoon sequence being unnecessary and the flashback to the planet having painfully slow movement speed but apart from that I think the game's pacing is fine. I think the real issue here is most people just don't like stealth that much and were sick of playing a stealth game well before it ended.

I'd love to see a bit more focus on free roaming in the never-ever sequel. The various plasma cutters and stuff like security lockdowns, generators and security clearance offers so much potential for metroidvania type of exploration.

I just feel like there wasn't enough opportunity for organic, entirely unscripted player/alien interaction unless you specifically went out of your way to retread empty areas.