Smash Ultimate DLC hopes/dreams

Give me one reason Kumatora shouldn't be a DLC character. She literally meets the smash criteria.
>inb4 "Lucas final smash"
look at Robin & Chrom.
Who would Yea Forums like to see?

Attached: Kumatora_smashified_transparent_no_lipstick_by_hextupleyoodot-da8mmn1.png (893x894, 346K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrJHXwyAliM
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Marcus Sellars
youtu.be/VF-OgV-ZoxY?t=225
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DLC has to actually sell, user. No one knows who she is and there isn't a game with her in it coming out anytime soon.

JILL
VALENTINE

Attached: rioYErFD_400x400.jpg (400x400, 32K)

>Not HUNK
I love Jill but HUNK would be the most based choice possible

Attached: 883710_20190129174707_1.png (640x360, 250K)

ehhh hunk is kinda boring. he looks like le generic military man. besides, Jill (or chris, if you will) is the protagonist of the series

That we know of ;)

Attached: 20190305_022240.jpg (1080x298, 111K)

Jill could be cool but what would her moveset be? Personally, I'd like to see Amaterasu :)

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg (413x550, 54K)

Japan-only character, she's never gearing in

Lucas only got in because Sakurai thought Mother 3 would be released outside of Japan

This might be the prime time to add her if the current rumors are true. Mother 3 was a fantastic game & I'd love to replay it officially.

What would a Magypsy assist trophy be like? And how would gaming journalist respond to them?

Aren't there pretty much always rumors that Mother 3 is being localized in x amount of months?

Seconding the best dog

Attached: 9ddafac5baa0e1c270e4610f6ffbe279.jpg (600x608, 327K)

The Magypsy would either be praised by the media for the inclusion of transgender characters or demonized for "offensively portraying transgender people" lmfao
Although you're right I have a good feeling about this year. Too many reputable people have said something to do with the mother series is coming this year
She's honestly the best! Everything about her is perfect for smash!

I really don't want another sword guy, and the KH fanbase is fucking garbage, but I'd really like to see Sora in Smash

Best dog has so much potential

I hope you get your wish, brother. I'll be rooting for my puppet boy.

Attached: 42406.png (192x192, 11K)

I've never played Kingdom Hearts but I understand the appeal of Sora. My only complaint about that is I'm sure there would be some problems with Disney and Disney is the last thing I ever want smash.

Thank you bröther! Tbh I've wanted Geno since the days of Smash dojo but things are looking kind of bleak for him. We must never give up hope!

Attached: IMG_20190123_184312.jpg (1440x1650, 147K)

who tf is that

Not sure if you're just being pedantic but she's one of the main protags of Mother 3

It would be cool to have Paper Mario (64) and use his companions as special attacks.
Needing to time the specials when they come in contact with the enemy (just like in the actual game) to get the full effects would be a nice touch as well.

She's from a franchise that doesn't deserve a single rep, let alone 3.

Get outta my thread

Attached: 20181209_143151.jpg (1198x562, 259K)

I'm talking about the post I just responded too, asking who the person who tweeted was b/c I'm not sure of their credibility about us getting Mother series related news
dumbass

Infinite. Because fuck it.
>blips around with teleport specials
>cube projectiles
>final smash brings down the fucking illusory sun

Attached: Infinite.(Sonic.Forces).full.2244857.png (939x902, 1.05M)

Oh ho, ah ha. So I didn't scare you?

Attached: Spoiler.png (627x999, 359K)

I'll never give up on the bear and bird.

Attached: BanjoKazooieTooie1.png (460x480, 237K)

None of your characters deserve to be in as DLC.
All literal whos are to be dumped in the trash can where they belong. If your character didn't have a game in the last five years that was a million seller then they belong in the trash.

Attached: 1539957019096.png (554x400, 66K)

dumb frogposter

I just know she'd have a million projectiles and some kind of herb to heal herself. I'm already pissed.

What would she play like? Little Mac + Zelda + Lucas? That’d actually be pretty cool.

I want You in Smash.

Attached: 1486648375804.gif (400x225, 922K)

Thanks to artstyle she's a loli and smash can't have those with Splatoon being the sole exception

Friendly reminder that the post Grinch Theory shit was some of the most hilarious saltiest reactions that ever came out of smash threads on Yea Forums.

Attached: 1541092874195.jpg (5069x5267, 3.45M)

>people actually believed this despite a large amount of reaching for this idea to work.

Attached: 1541191910497.jpg (366x493, 21K)

I would like DLC alts.
>64 Skins for the original smashers
>Fire Mario, Mario with Red overalls and light blue shirt, a Mario color scheme based off of Super Mario Brothers 3 and/or Super Mario World, Cowboy Mario because I liked it
>Super Metroid Samus Design
>Justin bailey Color scheme or design for ZSS
>Boxing Gloves DK
>Shiny Pokémon
>Kirb Kirby
>OOT Sheik
>Young Link wearing an mask
>MGS1 Snake
>More villager alts(.)
>Snes Little Mac, Nes Little Mac
>Evil Ryu
>Whatever Bayo's Bayo3 design is
>Splatoon 2 Inkling styles

I think that covers all the ones I can think of at the moment.

P.S. Mr. L looks garbage on a non-Paper Luigi

>Smash DLC thread
>Mother character
>some "smash criteria" mentioned

you can spot shitty Smash threads by a mile

If I had to pick one from my old dream list, it would be Sami because honestly I don't want much more third party representation, but Quote would be really nice as a bone thrown to an indy.

Attached: dreamlist.jpg (1920x1080, 2.69M)

Just gimme raving rabbid. The only character, that I want in smash.

Attached: 1000154_10151755669286228_720279158_n.jpg (360x360, 9K)

LET HIM IN

Attached: tenor (1).gif (220x256, 267K)

Must be new to the series

Doomguy or Master Chief, I feel confident one of them is going to make it in

Doomguy if the "insiders" are correct.

To the gay bathhouse you go.

Porkey has a bigger chance of getting in than her.

Although there needs to be more female characters so...

>Robin and chrom
I get the reasoning is weak but theres still a reason Robin and chrom stick together. The entire pairing system of Awakening was such a big aspect of the game that they wanted to represent the pair system through them

Mega Man X & Doomguy

Both are celebrating their 25th anniversaries.

Smart frogposter

I agree. I voted for her in the Smash Ballot.

I voted for Sora, so that's my choice. Though I doubt most of v would accept that answer. Everyone here seems to hate the franchise.

i just want a ms Pacman echo at least

Where is that one other guy on Yea Forums that wants Goemon in Smash

Get the fuck in here

Attached: 2029977i.jpg (450x600, 44K)

Man I just love how smash brings out the worst in motherfags
Kumatora is my wife but it's really hard to argue what she adds. Sure, she meets the nebulous and thin requirements to be in smash, but that's very meaningless after piranha plant. I feel like she'd be somewhere between Ness and Mii Brawler

Anyway, if I had to pick a Mother character it'd be porky because he's anatomically unique from the entire smash cast and he has a close relation to both Ness and Lucas. He might be my top newcomer pick period but if I say that Yea Forums is gonna hate me because [popular character] fans are obnoxious

Not that guy, but fuck that’d be great. He has such a great potential move set. It crushes my soul that they haven’t done anything with that franchise in like, 15 years. m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrJHXwyAliM

none of these are remotely likely

funny how the wholesome banjo fanbase is always on the forefront of shit like this, i'm glad their character isn't getting in

Kumatoro would be a terrible edition.

It literally lacks zero hype, its just a literal who.

Exactly. His moveset would be a no brainer. And something like Impact for his final smash would be amazing. But he's crazy irrelevant now, so it's not gonna happen as DLC, which bums me the fuck out.

Attached: c3246e1b30a025d7e1c43128c2a15775.jpg (600x844, 90K)

>smashified design and not the official model

Attached: 1532737323994.gif (244x176, 563K)

I never said they were.

As much as I hate these bullshit waifu-pandering threads, a couple of irrelevant ass anime characters from Fire Emblem made it to 4 (and consequently Ultimate).

Who's to say some otherwise completely irrelevant minor characters from whichever first party titles can't make it in either?

Attached: 1536176322195.png (407x416, 10K)

name one irrelevant fire emblem character

Corrin and Robin, that's two (2).

Attached: 1539920204186.jpg (452x474, 42K)

shitty bait

Just give me regigigas

She's a boring pick. Give me a villain (Porky, Masked Man, Giygas) or a non-PSI user (Flint, Duster). Just because you want to fuck her doesn't mean she should be in.

>japan only character
Yet
reggie wants to go out with style.

Yuri Lowell

>here's your new mother character bro

Attached: avatars-000267764221-saolgu-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 42K)

Roy

Attached: 1550823435970.png (899x644, 236K)

Never ever

Roy was one of the biggest requests the entire time he was gone
He and Ike are popular enough that it's a bit silly to say they're not relevant

If we get free/cheap echo DLC she has a fair shot

Is Mother 3 much different than earthbound? just finished earthbound and about to start it

Attached: 1546091160458.png (304x230, 9K)

If you say so, weab.

Attached: 1536623348854.jpg (220x301, 13K)

My most wanted.r8 me.

Attached: 5FBE5562-9C9D-4710-92D5-887B6EE07E26.jpg (1024x1024, 128K)

mechanically not by much and the changes are all direct improvements.
tonally, extremely, most mother fans are split on which one's better.
if you loved Earthbound, I can't guarantee you'll like how Mother 3 does things differently, conversely if you thought Earthbound was lacking in its cast you will probably love 3.

Here's where my bias starts to take over
The big boy earthbound fans tend to say Mother 3 is really edgy or pretentious but that's a pretty surface-level understanding and a bit dense considering the fact that earthbound doesn't exactly lack subtext or dark elements.
I love both games and find a lot of the arguing between them pretty petty, though if I had to pick one it's easily 3 if only out of sentimental BS. I consider both games half of a greater whole, neither one tells the full story of Itoi's worldview on its own.

Attached: 1457740420558.jpg (1866x1178, 2.85M)

Not that user but i really hate how earthbound has some strange difficulty spikes
I'm playing it for the first time right now and i'm getting hard btfo by the uncontrollable spheres
>inb4 zoomer
I'm just an euro

Attached: Naval Piranha Height Comparison (no pot).jpg (1242x553, 160K)

Attached: 1545841614094.jpg (784x349, 30K)

Naval/lava piranha would make a nice spirit battle

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Marcus Sellars

he'd make an even better semi-clone of piranha plant.

One reason ? Sakurai said that the dlc character will come from new licences, like joker because there are no persona characters in smash

Kumatora is from mother, we already have 2 mother characters, so it's a no

Next.

Attached: 10294352_220847038124848_8674034957235100395_n.jpg (180x180, 7K)

She should just be a Lucas alt skin. Nothing more or less
Not even a fucking echo

>naval piranha, a giant piranha plant
>head the size of a normal one

Robin is literally the most deserving FE character besides Marth. Protagonist of the game that sold really well and kept the series from dying. Awakening certainly doesn't need 3 reps though, and Corrin and Roy don't deserve to be in.

naturally it would be bigger ingame, I just used a different image for that one.

Attached: Naval Piranha Height Example.jpg (1242x546, 162K)

That sounds like a horrible idea

Rosterfags are the worst.

how so? this seems like a bit of an overreaction.

>all of these third party and indie characters

Attached: 1550527377572.jpg (944x675, 97K)

>Let's add an even more obscure, irrelevant variant of a shitty joke character as a semi-clone of that shitty joke character
Piranha plant kind of works because he's a grunt character you wouldn't expect, so it's humorous. Another would be stretching the joke too thin. And no being a boss in a couple games doesn't make him a relevant character.

first parties are boring

>muh relevance
nice pattern, faggot. Naval would actually contribute something to the game, a lot of things in fact.
>super heavyweight
>villain
>appears in all yoshi games (not just "a few")
>would be another yoshi character
>would be easy to add

Bro Lucas has already stolen her moveset, the only thing she can possible bring is PK ground

you're taking this way too seriously.

>Mother's 30th anniversary this year
>Year of the Pig in Chinese zodiac
>mysteriously absent from Ultimate despite all-around spectacular representation
>that gap in the files between bulk of Mother Spirits and Ninten
Hail to the king, baby.

Attached: porky of porky of porky of porky.png (500x702, 319K)

Pretty sure that's a misquote. Unless you've got a source on that I'm fairly certain this is a misunderstanding of Reggie's quote "All the DLC characters will be new to the series" (The smash bros series). It's stupid but he's just saying all the DLC characters will be newcomers, something Sakurai emphasized in the last Smash Direct.

I don't have high hopes for the DLC but the only character left I really feel I need is some Rhythm Heaven fighter.
Also put Master Hand in the character select screen already.

Attached: 260.gif (600x500, 634K)

>Being this delusional
He's a minor boss in a couple games and certainly not iconic to the series. Being a super heavyweight isn't a contribution; who cares? There are other low effort clones that would be much better additions.

>Anyone who doesn't like my character is taking it too seriously
I like joke characters. Naval piranha sounds stupid. Sorry

No literal whos allowed, Smash is about Nintendo and video game allstars. You have to be a big name character or a shill pick to get in

It's really funny how far we've come and we can speculate characters like this for Super Smash Bros. I hope you guys get the characters you wanted. Because while I like crash, I wouldnt mind if he didnt make it in. At this point, I just want to see another dlc character.

Attached: 220px-Crash_Bandicoot.png (220x300, 69K)

I would like Sora, Chosen Undead, and Leon S Kennedy pls

The only way for kumatora to be a fighter is to be an echo fighter. but that's unlikely

Based wholesomeanon
I hope Crash gets in for you

Attached: C31CDBAF-BAF0-41C7-B757-C0724BAA2BBD.png (1280x720, 154K)

He's in

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 368K)

Porky
Black Shadow
Doomguy
Quote/Curly
Crash

Still holding out for free or cheap (preferably free) echo fighters as DLC.

Attached: 0CB1C3D3-E7A9-4091-9294-3B6BC1082C77.jpg (1921x1080, 289K)

Already has a spirit in the game
Porky deserves it
He can't be forgotten

I want this so fuckin much.

The most hilarious thing is that for the first few months people were STILL playing the "well it was too convincing, and nobody proved us otherwise!" route despite every thread absolutely shitting over their "evidence." Their response was to cover their ears and the pretend that they were uncontested in their beliefs because that's how 4D Einstein IQ level the setup was (it wasn't).

>There are people still to this day who believe that this was legitimately done in an ad printing studio instead of just some autist going to Staples with some fucking PDFs he made and sprawling them out on his bathroom floor for some pics

Attached: Moron.jpg (1856x246, 50K)

>>Shiny Pokémon
Never happening. TPC is really anal about this for some reason. They don't even allow Pokken to use shinies as alternate designs. TPC has always put really odd rules behind the franchise that they always stick by.

Marcus Sellars is a literal underage boy posing as an """insider"" online to try to make connections and get free review keys

Sorry user, but boxing dk can't happen because of his forward/up smash

Just let the thread die, there is clearly little interest right now

Attached: grinched.jpg (769x4800, 942K)

>one reason Kumatora shouldn't be a DLC character
Mother is dead, user. Let it go.

It's similar to Dragon Quest IV in the sense that you get to play as character introductions first and then you get the whole adventure. A big problem I have with Mother 3 is that two party members are pretty useless and Lucas and Kumatora are the only two real party memebers. Also Duster's debuffs are luck based. Also the rhythm combo mechanic is way more obtuse than it should be as the game specifically has two versions of some tracks that are only slightly different, just to fuck up the timing.

Outside of that, I felt that the only two big difficulty spikes were the Volcano where random enemies randomly began dealing absurd ammount of damage and the Barier Trio who didn't die when they were killed.

>what would her moveset be?
she already has it

Attached: NreqPH.gif (400x224, 2.76M)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

cool! what city pop artist is this?

>generic fighting moves
someone send sakurai a dm real quick

Attached: 9a6.jpg (398x500, 23K)

yea dickhead she supposed to not fight?

Grinchleak fell apart when it started to rely on Earthquake theory, which was retarded

>“Hopes and Dreams”
Funny you should say that OP

Attached: F43C6C6A-BAE1-4C61-BC05-6E17B1FF0F49.jpg (1024x731, 163K)

>He's a minor boss in a couple games
He's a world boss in every game he's in, and is the most reoccuring boss in any yoshi game ever. He's never been a minor boss in anything. In fact, he's even appeared in quite a few NON yoshi games. You literally couldn't be more wrong.
>certainly not iconic
see above. He's absolutely iconic.
>Being a super heavyweight isn't a contribution; who cares?
He's something still relatively fresh. People who don't want more midweight human characters saturating the game care. I guess you don't like variance between fighters.
>There are other low effort clones that would be much better additions.
that's purely subjective.

based. what the absolute fuck is that model, though...

Attached: Louie seething.png (61x57, 3K)

She is, but the point is that her attacks should reflect her character, her abilities or iconic moves that she does. None of that happens in your gif. Have you played Smash?

Attached: LUCAS.gif (694x374, 2.98M)

Actually, the most reoccuring boss goes to Burt. Naval never appeared in DS while Burt did, granted it was two smaller burts

a variation of him did, just as a variation of Burt did. Also burt the bashful never appeared in Yoshi's Tetris attack, whereas Naval did.

Alright, forgot about Tetris Attack, ill give you that one

this would actually pretty cool and unique, but i don't think infinite was received well enough so we'd get a shadow echo over him

This lol. They act like a print shop job is a big gig when its literally entry level and pays minimum wage.

Also they ignored the smoking gun that Omni and Vaanrose pointed out with the background being completely different from E3. It was consistently the same and never once changed yet somehow Grinchers kept acting like the college liberals they are and put their fingers in their ears saying “Lalalala I cant hear you”

Jibanyan for Smash

Attached: DF692218-EBE1-4D87-8B5F-630BE4EC6080.jpg (480x270, 48K)

A dead series doesn't deserve 3 reps

Now post actual post Smash Direct salt.

>besides, Jill (or chris, if you will) is the protagonist of the series
I'm a Jillfag too to but let's not kid ourselves, She only gets to be playable in side games, Capcom always shill Chris as the protagonist, and even then Leon beats her in popularity and relevancy.

>Who would Yea Forums like to see?
I am already satisfied with the current roster but I feel like Reimu would cover a new direction while not feeling out of place next to the giants of the industry.

Attached: 1545691934630.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

Who?

>Banjo Kazooie
>Doomslayer
>Terry Bogard
>Chosen Undead or Solaire

>Where is that one other guy on Yea Forums that wants Goemon in Smash

I assume you mean me.

And yes, all of your points are perfectly valid and Goemon deserves to be in Smash more than any other possible choice.

Attached: ssbu_goemonbanner.jpg (1000x650, 703K)

Always kill them last, you can finish the fight before your health ticks down.

aight faggot, if you've never played MvC2 here's some basic Jill gameplay:
youtu.be/VF-OgV-ZoxY?t=225

The only one I really want even if the chances are thinner than a piece of paper.

Attached: B008A5A4-7B1E-47E7-A1AB-9983E246FC80.gif (478x476, 481K)

just one more character & the roster will literally be perfect

Attached: TjsJCX.jpg (1174x1077, 287K)

Attached: 1532460295303.gif (480x208, 1.37M)

Sora and Shantae are all I need but I want to see a lot of other people's wishes happen, too.