Zombie apocalypse is the most creativelly bankrupt setting for videogames

zombie apocalypse is the most creativelly bankrupt setting for videogames.

It's literally sonichu tier of ambience.

Not even anime falls this low.

Attached: 155076815015.png (321x321, 7K)

preach

>Not even anime falls this low.

Highschool of the Dead? That one manga of zombie survival in Japan?

Very very popular with preteen boys because it's """""""""scary"""""""" while not actually being scary

i was thinking it might be fun to have a game that takes place in a world that did have a zombie apocalypse, but humanity managed it really well and the zombies are basically more like annoying animals, like news stories reporting on wolves being spotted in the neighborhood

Zombie Apocalypse is the isekai of gaming, high potential but most are playing it to safe and creatively bankrupt.

School Live too

sounds uneventful

there's a couple animes about zombies, but they're not taken as the default story in anime.

OK Yea Forums. Put your brains at work and tell me how would you make a good zombie apocalypse game.

Attached: 1534599373798.jpg (1920x1357, 1.51M)

the idea extends a little bit. governing forces wouldn’t have actually taken care of the zombs entirely, instead they basically corralled them into evacuated cities and kinda barricaded them in. the game would have you play as some mercenaries whose job it is to retake the cities

Sounds like 28 Weeks Later and leaving the wall in TLOU

Anime has magic high school series that are virtually fucking indistinguishable from each other. At least even shitty zombie games usually have a cool survivor or two that do/say meme worthy shit.

Like The Indie Stone did.

medieval black plague.

but project zomboid is trash

My nigga. I just started playing and already out in 20 hours. Made it to day 8 now, that helicopter event was terrifying

>cartoons
>better than literally anything else

Attached: 1531096220707.jpg (605x586, 70K)

>post apocalypse setting
>plants growing on/in buildings
>no massive flooding
>no massive land erosion and sink holes
>no sand/dirt piling up
>no taking into count natural disasters like earthquakes/tornadoes/hurricanes/etc
Why do games always do this?

That's killing floor

4X style where you have to take the world back from the brink of human extinction

Preferably an open world game with survival and crafting elements.

I like this but I prefer a Mad Max setting on your proposal user.

>saving anime reaction images
what did he mean by this?

>post apocalypse setting
>massive flooding for no apparent reason
>land erosion and sink holes for no reason
why do they always do these?

But I like zombie apocalypse.

It's just a convenient way of making you mow down hordes of enemies without having to worry about the ESRB slapping an R rating on it.

This and medieval fantasy are two of the worst settings

make it a first person melee focused experience like dying light but less loot and level focused

how about jrpg science fantasy?
>everybody uses swords
>lightweight cloth with the occasional pieces of steel is all that is worn by all characters
>planes and space ships are nonexistent but flying ships and blimps exist
>time travel or dimensional travel comes up in the plot at some point
>main character is below 18 years old
>has no flaws but also doesn't have any place in the plot aside from defeating the badguy
>has no romance despite tons of obvious love from the girls companions
>end of the world almost happens but is stopped just in time

There's plenty of good zombie games. Just because most of them are shitty online,pvp,persistent, crafting, grinding simulators doesn't mean that zombies are bad in it of themselves.

>Tfw Highschool of the dead will never get another season
I know it was fan service the show, but I actually really liked it. Shame the author died

Like 28 days/weeks later where human bodily fluids and bites can fuck you up instantly, even from animals. The infected never tire and chase you throughout the map pass every obstacle, even water. You get exhausted quickly.

Attached: hardknocklifeman.jpg (959x548, 32K)

zombies were seriously played out by the beginning of 2010, then the walking dead tv show came out and uber normies bought into the fad.

now we'll never be free from this derivative ghoul tripe.

mummy apocalypse and you are an egyptian

Soo... Vermintide?

>Not even anime falls this low.
School settings are the anime equivalent of the video game zombie apocalypse. Shit's creatively bankrupt.

>Multiplayer game
>The players are the survivors of a local garrison
>They have to hold the fort until reinforcements arrive
>The zombies are being controlled by a necromancer, who is also a player
>The necromancer's goal is to kill the players and overwhelm the fort's defences
>For the players, the game plays like a shooter, whereas it plays like a shooter/rts hybrid for the necromancer
>If the necromancer wins, all life in the region is basically fucked

Both the players and necromancer have secondary goals they can accomplish, i.e. the survivors can break into the armoury for extra supplies, the necromancer can raid nearby graveyards for fresh corpses and extra soul energy.