Just finished this. Why did they make it if I'm apparently such a bad person for playing it

Just finished this. Why did they make it if I'm apparently such a bad person for playing it

Attached: danganronpa-v3s-ending-is-a-polarizing-look-at-letting-a-series-go-2-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/11/spike-chunsoft-hiring-staff-danganronpa-modeling-texture-creation-mentions-ps4-ps-vita-action
imgur.com/a/k3ZZg0t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck you

Cause you'll buy/play it.

>this basic bitch take still exists
Delete this thread and use fireden. Fuck off.

Why were the CG's so much worse this time around?

brainlet

Because the writers are hacks and couldn't fully commit to a 4th wall break

>a-actually we are just referring to a fictional audience
>how could anyone possibly think the game is actually talking about them despite leading you on for the first half of the trial
>we will also use the theme of lies to cop out on having a satisfying ending, aren't we geniuses
V3 apologists are the worst

Good reasons to hate the ending
>Unsatisfying although that's the point
>Not liking meta shit

Brainlet reasons to hate the ending
>"It's mocking me for liking the series"
>"It retroactively ruins DR1-3"
>"It makes what I felt while playing/watching DR1-3 less real"
>"If it's all lies there was no point to any of it"
>x character didn't survive

Attached: 1507002594597.png (800x840, 308K)

Things being bad on purpose doesn't make them good.

>also let's lazily slap in some blurry human faces instead of draw an anime looking audience
sloppy ending but i still overall enjoyed the game

Attached: meatspace human faces.png (939x490, 1018K)

>another retard who don't understand the ending

Attached: 1509542412_there we go.png (1208x1543, 907K)

That definitely would've helped people not think the game is shitting on them, but that's clearly the intent of the game and anyone who denies it because the developer backpedaled in an interview is the real brainlet.

They should have embraced the fact that they were referring to the real audience, people were always going to get mad anyways because people who considered themselves part of a fanbase lack any sort of critical self-awareness.

I would've been fine with either as long as the writers were capable of clearly distinguishing between both the real audience and the fake ingame audience, but what we got was a muddled mess that left nobody satisfied. And then they have the audacity to claim that their shit writing ties into the overarching theme of the game and pat themselves on the back for it.

So from what I gather the intended theme was "lies can ultimately be beneficial." Shuichi's speech says as much- that he appreciated the time he had with them, and it was real, and that's what's important.

So why the fuck does the mastermind keep calling them fictional characters and saying she wrote their plotlines? Why do they try to say everything was made up b-but also it wasn't? Everything's too murky and muddy to make any real point and saying "everything she said could've been lies" is a cop-out. Why even write anything, then?

A much better way to show how your fiction can impact the world is actually writing meaningful fiction.

>Why do they try to say everything was made up b-but also it wasn't? Everything's too murky and muddy to make any real point and saying "everything she said could've been lies" is a cop-out. Why even write anything, then?
It was the same with Danganronpa 1. It's a standard "think for yourself" ending.

It was still a satisfying game. If you feel offended, then you're retarded.
Kodaka was smarter than Kojima, and fucked off immediately when he realized that he would be just making Danganronpa until the day he dies. The series ended at a high point instead of getting worse and worse, so all is well.

The cases themselves were fine, as they usually are. I'm not offended as much as disappointed in myself for ever caring for chapter 6 in these games, despite it always being trash.

it's like that gay ops the line game from few years ago
>you are a bad guy if you keep playing :DDDDDD
>okay do I get a refund if I stop now :D
>no thanks for the shekels sucker

More like
>W-We didn't mean you we were just really lazy and put a filter over pictures of real people
>sorry if that gave you the wrong impression

Because They wanted you to know how bad you are.

Attached: kstfx2et4wtz.jpg (594x750, 89K)

What would sex with her be like?

>Why does a game critize its playerbase for enjoying violent garbage

Dunno user

Attached: 1521765285925.jpg (601x545, 107K)

ahhhh, fuck off. spec ops' point isn't that you're bad for playing it, it just wants you to be mindful that you've chosen violence for entertainment for better or worse

dunno why people seem to push back against shooters that have stories that actually raise questions rather than just make you aryan god man

being aryan godman is more fun

Lots of leglocking, she wants every drop of your semen to populate the earth with her God's followers.

Last line is a complete strawman. Nobody gives Deus Ex shit for that. Nobody gives F:NV shit for that. Nobody gives CoJ:G shit for that.

they all did give you a choice anyway
spec ops the line is literally "YOU HAVE TO KEEP FIGHTING EVEN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO" and rips the choice out of your fucking hands

do you seriously think they can draw a lot of anime heads just to shrink them and put them on a screen

I definitely think they could've done a much better job than that cheap shit. Or even better, not done it at all if that's the effort they want to put into it given it will only misguide the player.

I felt pretty satisfied by the ending, it's probably the best way the franchise could've realistically ended. Because even if Kodaka left, they'd find a way to keep the cash cow afloat so he figured to kill Danganronpa itself on his way out the door. I was a bit sad about KI-B0 but I appreciate the irony in brainlets complaining about DR1-2 somehow being meaningless now despite the message of V3 emphasizing just how meaningful the games were, not to the universe but to the fans.
Plus it means people can't consider Danganronpa 3 the series finale considering how much of a fucking trainwreck that anime was.

>misguide the player
>in the Danganronpa title about the importance of lying
>Where even its FUCKING TITLE is meant to mislead the player
Fucking ace detective over here.

Prepare to be called a brainlet for not liking shitty twists.

>2019
>people still think Tsumugi was lying
Yikes. They must actually be mentally retarded if they think that.

Yeah sorry we already went over how you don't get to make a shit game and then defend it by saying the theme of the game is being shit.

The correct way to play danganronpa games is doing the 5 cases and uninstalling.
After case 5 the writers go into retard mode and there is no puzzle solving and just expisition.

This.
A good plot twist has foreshadowing that you only pick up on after replaying and looking back. 999 did this well.
A shitty twist like the ending to V3 or something like Fullbright being the Mastermind in PW:DD comes out of nowhere with no foreshadowing and is just there for shock value.

DR1 at least had a good case 6.
DR2's was okay.
V3's was hot garbage.

V3 had the worst cast, worst story, and worst motives. Everyone was trash. Tsumugi or whoever the fuck should've written better characters.
>muh magic
>muh men
>muh bugs
>muh atua
>muh lies
>muh space
>muh do u want 2 die???
>muh friendship
>muh sex
>muh plain jane
>muh maid duty
>muh sister
>muh robophobia
>muh truth n kaede
Literally a cast full of autists. Hoshi and Amami were the best characters, and if you disagree you're just a 2 IQ brainlet trying to save face.

Attached: Danganronpa_V3_Rantaro_Amami_Halfbody_Sprite_(7).png (739x975, 687K)

>"The game is shit because I don't pay attention to theming"
You're basically asking for a video game to spoonfeed you because you can't handle sideswipes.

Attached: IMG_20190301_144957.jpg (1360x1344, 136K)

You could literally do the >muh meme with every single dangan character. Post some actual criticisms that someone with an IQ higher than room temperature could come up with.

>less real
>no point
But Shuichi literally says that it doesn't make it any less real. Those are more "I didn't actually play DRV3" reasons.

Just because a game has theming, which is one of the most basic aspects of story telling, doesn't mean it's a good story. V3's isn't. I understand the theming, I understand the ending, I just don't think it's good.

Triggered brainlet. You can't do it with every single dangan character.

Tenko was a good girl and deserved happiness.

Not an argument. Get some taste. I bet your waifu is fucking Chiaki.

>having a waifu
Okay brainlet, calm down. I bet your waifu is Kaede

Honestly if they were going to do meta shit they should have started with it, from 1.

Looks like I hit the nail on the head.

t. guy who wasn't paying any attention

The casts in these games are always like that. You get 3 or 4 standout characters and the rest either die too soon to get any real development or live too long as cardboard cutouts (Hagakure being the obvious example who gets literally no development). I mean 1's cast is like watching a bunch of cardboard cutouts with Makato, Kirigiri and a trap(AI) doing literally everything. Celeste and Togami were okay too.

I called Tsugumi being the Mastermind from the start, but there were no hints of it as the game progressed. It was an extremely obvious and poorly executed twist.

>Thinking Togami is only okay
>Not even knowing how to spell Makoto
>Not even putting Sakura as a character that's good
>Not mentioning Aoi as a good character
>Not enjoying Junko in DR1 as the only time a villain has ever been done well in the entire franchise

>Not enjoying Junko in DR1 as the only time a villain has ever been done well in the entire franchise
Shitty bait.

The only good villain was in DR2. Idiots think Junko was the mastermind, but it was Izuru.

It isn't bait. Izuru would've been a decent villain if Junko didn't steal the show again in a dumb way. Monaca would be the best villain if she was in a game with a good plot. Ryouta and Tengan are fucking laughable. Tsumugi is a non-character.

this
>march 2019
>brainlets are STILL posting

>Thinking Togami is only okay
His character was literally being a cunt but also being completely useless and doing nothing. At least Celeste orchestrated a plan to get out.
>Not even knowing how to spell Makoto
Sorry I can't remember how to spell Japanese names. It's been a while since I played these games.
>Not even putting Sakura as a character that's good
>Not mentioning Aoi as a good character
They were mediocre at best. Nothing they did actually impacted anything and Sakura was retarded for killing herself.
I wasn't really considering Junko in that but sure she was good.

V3fags are the most autistic individuals to come into existence. Prove me wrong.

seething brainlet

I can't. Go easy on them though. It's probably their first introduction to any kind of meta fiction and they think it's super deep.

>izuru plugging in a usb off screen before the game even started makes him the mastermind.
the AI was still responsible for everything that happened in the fucking game.

B-but muh fikushion and deep uso man!!

Just because she's the best out of a bunch of extremely shitty villains doesn't mean she's a good one in the first place.

DR1:
>muh hope
>muh donuts
>muh ego
>muh goth
>muh sissy
>muh anime
>muh rules
>muh mary sue
>(Leon doesn't even have a muh since he doesn't have anything to begin with)
>muh violence
>muh ogre
>muh pop idol
>muh Togami
>muh fortune telling
>muh despair

I don't even think DR1 has shit characters, but its so easy to just pick a characters biggest trait and go "muh" to make them look bad.
in other words, not an argument

Attached: 1525997093132.gif (510x509, 493K)

Angie, Kirumi, Tenko and Himiko were the worst characters in V3 from a writing standpoint. They had no outstanding qualities that made them 'fun' or character progression. At least Gonta was bullied into acting different.

Attached: download.jpg (1024x575, 204K)

V3 has the biggest concentration of shit characters.
Rantaro had potential but just isn't interesting at all.
Shuichi is the least interesting protagonist.
Kirumi sucks.
Angie is annoying.
Maki is fucking boring for so much of the game.
Tenko does like nothing.
Himiko feels like a non-character for half the game.
Ryoma was fun but was gone too soon.

>tenko does like nothing
She screeches like an autist every now and then and tried to pull a Komaeda in Chapter 2 by covering for a potential killer.

Just because her libido was out of control.

A mystery where the main theme is being 90% misdirection and all the evidence is jam packed in the beginning of the game is probably just called a bad mystery

She spent too much time talking about how plain and boring she was while never saying or doing anything useful
That's what gave it away to me

The problem is that V3 wanted to go full shock value and effectively killed off all potentially interesting characters before they did anything interesting.
Imagine if twin Kaede actually came out off-screen when Kaede was busy and made the group distrust her, leaving the player in confusion of why everybody treats her like shit.

it would've been trivially easy to make them anime silhouettes or something
maybe it was intentional after all...and they were originally going to take a more direct jab at the real life playerbase, but then backed off of that at the last minute
whether it was deliberate, laziness, or an overlooked detail, it's definitely a (small) mistake that doesn't make sense in the story and confused the shit out of me at the time

still a great game tho

Attached: Danganronpa_V3_Bonus_Mode_Kokichi_Oma_Sprite_(8).png (705x827, 725K)

>muh muh
Cope.

Attached: 1270309980660.jpg (640x480, 37K)

Why does everyone get that idea from the ending?
The only idea that I got from the ending is that the devs didnt wanna make Danganronpa anymore so they made it clear in the end of the game.

>that pic
Oh my GOD HOW DID I NEVER REALIZED THAT BEFORE

>Why did they make it if I'm apparently such a bad person for playing it
Seek help about your self-esteem

they cant do that because we as the audience might not fit their narrative. the way they did it pretty much attacked irl audience members that shared a viewpoint with the audience in the game, while people like me can just watch the fight from the sidelines not having taking either side.

they clearly intended the message for a certain group of irl fans, the way they phrased some of the audience responses is way too deliberate like when they said "dangan ronpa has to go on, you owe us"

This.
Let's not kid ourselves, the game very clearly mimicks real world people, even using terms like "waifu". They backpedaled their shit but they did throw a jab at players.

Whether or not they intended it, it only speaks more about the people "outraged"

Attached: 1542846926813.png (529x540, 132K)

they also speak japanese which is a real language so you know they clearly hate us true fans

Attached: 1472935236942.jpg (1139x1521, 1.04M)

user, it's clear they are trying to make fun of the real world fanbase and they backpedaled, stop being dense.
The "audience" clearly mimicks shitposts from fans such as "X is my waifu"

oh no a world which is meant to be similar to ours uses similar words, how could this be

Imagine being this retarded and eating up every shit the devs say to cover their asses.
I am not even saying they are actually offensive or that they shouldn't have done that, but they did and only backpedaled later on.

wow what an illuminating idea, it's like an audience that loves the killing games without actually thinking what they are is bad

>I SAY IT SO IT'S TRUE, THE DEVS ARE LYING
okay brainlet

whatever happened to that spin off they announced like 2 years ago

Attached: 1523403871685.png (743x520, 331K)

You mean Ultra Despair Girls?

>the devs say they weren't actually making fun of us, so they weren't!
>t-the real people portraits are just laziness!
>t-they talk like real fans b-because they want to mimick the real world, b-but not make fun of the real fans!
Is Kodaka's cock really that tasty?

no it wasn't that
gematsu.com/2017/11/spike-chunsoft-hiring-staff-danganronpa-modeling-texture-creation-mentions-ps4-ps-vita-action

you're mad at the wrong person pay attention user

Attached: 1545274628731.png (1762x1243, 863K)

Yeah meant to reply the post above yours, sorry.

>dangan waifu not being chiaki
yikes
sounds like someone has shit taste

because people bought the previous games

Oh well they didn't really announce anything then. Hiring people doesn't really mean their in any sort of production except maybe pre-production or even at the concept stage.

I love Moogi so fucking hard!

Attached: 1533203670410.png (649x837, 588K)

but the audience isn't anime people

I don't have a waifu but I ship these two dorks.

Attached: 1460160367192.jpg (1024x634, 389K)

dont we all

Attached: 1543494362206.png (491x573, 158K)

Fuck this game
Worst ever

literally worst character in all the games combined

im more of a toko person myself honestly

Attached: 1538828423381.jpg (1181x2000, 1.31M)

This. Danganronpa 2 has the best cast. V3's cast is very memeable though (for example: seesaw guy)

Attached: 1548484772406.png (472x357, 151K)

The two best girls in one convenient image

Attached: 1551676588674.png (1200x900, 1.29M)

Is this a hot new twitter meme? :o

You would be a bad person if you were supporting a program about real people with real bodies getting killed inside a dome. You didn't do that, dumbass.

>seesaw guy
who

dr2 had by far the best cast though
dr1 & drv3 is picking the good characters out of the bunch, whereas dr2 it's picking out the bad characters

what's the difference between real and fictional?
the people suffering feel it as real
do you also think inducing a dream like state and controlling it, then turning it fucked up and having it be an endless cycle of torture isn't bad because it's not real?

Supporting real world V3 is not bad because it's literally just a fucking video game. The people in the game supporting their V3 is because they're people whose terror and suffering are born from their natural instincts being toyed with, spawning entertainment from real traumatization
For us V3 is a game and the characters are 2D sprites and their dialogue is written by a drunk Japanese dude who lives a good life free of murder

Pure.

Attached: 1445221700748.jpg (960x544, 135K)

>For us V3 is a game and the characters are 2D sprites and their dialogue is written by a drunk Japanese dude who lives a good life free of murder
says who, user

how do you know they're not actual sentient beings?

BECAUSE THERE IS LITERALLY NO PROOF IDIOT
ALL EVIDENCE POINTS TOWARDS THEM BEING LITERALLY NOTHING BUT DATA THAT YOU CAN REARRANGE AND DELETE INCLUDING THEIR "BODIES"
WHO CARES IF THEY DIE, THEY'RE NOT REAL

>Unsatisfying although that's the point
I'm still mad.

how do you know you're real
how are they any less real than people on another continent you've never met?
if a show started that showed a bunch of chinese people fighting eachother to the death, you'd opposed to it for what reason exactly?

Both are good waifus

>if a show started that showed a bunch of chinese people fighting eachother to the death, you'd opposed to it for what reason exactly?
Because it's a direct violation of basic human rights

Kodaka didn't try with DRv3 at all and it really shows. Trials are all enjoyable (Yes this includes the disaster known as case 3) but everything inbetween is boring most of the time. It just isn't fun and you just waited until someone dies. I didn't feel like this when I played DR2.

Attached: 1545141213619.png (693x1000, 1.64M)

so is danganronpa

>chinese people
>violation of basic human rights
????

I did in all three games and it made me feel bad

What about hong Kong people?

me looking at all of these retards thinking that Tsumugi's fiction/gameshow shit was not a lie

Attached: how I feel right now.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

You got a full pic?

yes

please send it

imgur.com/a/k3ZZg0t

Attached: 1544399464999.jpg (1783x2732, 1.29M)

Ibuki number 1!

Attached: 1516975094716.jpg (800x1000, 284K)

Hey, thanks!

Reminder that if you play dub, you should consider suicide

>A fictional world based on the real world uses words we use.
>That must mean they're trying to represent us.
You can't be this retarded.