How will nintenbots ever recover?

how will nintenbots ever recover?

Attached: image.jpg (1125x1630, 786K)

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nier-automata
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> Writes a compelling story
> Fucking has it happen off screen without you
Why is Nintendo so fucking retarded now? OOT, Mother 3 & Majora had great storytelling. Now everything is complete garbage

I call bullshit. The game is good but it has some serious fucking problems. The narrative is one of the worst I've ever seen in such a massive release. The "memories" bullshit is just a way for them basically cheapen the game and make it so they don't have to animate as many cutscenes, when the game should have had the cutscenes ACTUALLY integrated in with the story. instead we get half assed bullshit that loses all it's emotional weight because it's shit that isn't actually happening to the player in the moment.

>nothing like it upon release
There wasn't open world games before botw? Shit.

The biggest problem is that the Master Sword DLC Trials is far too hard.

You can praise this game only if you are a casual who never played anything outside nintendo consoles.

I don't know why there is such a cult around casual child games (mario, zelda, pokemon, metroid, etc), but whenever I see someone praising them as best ever I know it's a dead end.

This, BOTW is even shit compared to other Nintendo games

They were all bad, full of Ubisoft towers. Then based Nintendo made based BotW with Nintendo towers and saved the genre.

Is it really that hard? I never played any of the DLC.

How could you?! Nintendo invented open world! Botw has the best graphics ever! Unique features never seen before as cooking and breaking weapons! You just hatin!

new generation of Nintendo is creatively bankrupt and everyone good is getting too old or dying to carry the company

Honestly, just gas Nintenfatlards already.

Attached: 1530536494023.jpg (449x998, 201K)

It's probably beatable but it's too fucking annoying for me to grind it out.

SEETHING

Are the jorunos writing these even real people or are these articles generated by an AI and edited by a marketing team?

This is like a 30 year old autist learning human social interaction from MLP and claiming it’s a work of high culture on par with Shakespeare

Sadly, no. I wonder if there is a guide or a template for 'standard onions article' they all follow. Seriously, it's life a religious fucking cult.

Kill yourself, BOTW is fucking trash. The fact that you can only spam Seething, Cope & Metascores to defend it just proves that the game is shit since i never hear anyone actually refer to the games design when defending it, and can only spam the same buzzwords that aren't related to the game at all

you have clearly never played a nintendo game

Attached: 1523580790464.png (1005x632, 791K)

Imagine being pathetic enough to write and publish that blog post, holy shit

Based

> Zelda back in the 90s: Complete all around games that exceed & innovate in every aspects, leading other devs to copy them
> Zelda Back in the 00s: Innovating while still keeping the things (OOT Formula) that made people like the games in the first place
> Zelda Now: Lack of direction, basing their games seemingly on the latest industry trends & pandering to people that don't even play the games, alienating true fans by removing everything people like about Zelda in the first place like good storytelling, characters, music, dungeons & items
Seriously, who the fuck is the blame for this? Is this all Aonuma's fault or is Nintendo really that Creatively bankrupt?

I played. Once I started getting my own money several years ago, I decided to catch up on these so called classics. I tried a lot of 'best games ever' from usual nintendofag list and there was nothing that stood out. I enjoyed some of them but after a few hours novelty wore off and what's left was always a study built but childish game that you just can't compare to any mature title. Maybe it's pink glass covering people's eyes, but Instead of flaming on chans I tried playing these 'masterpieces' myself and found nothing to praise.

You have to understand that nintoddIers have never had an Ubisoft game on their consoles

Why would I seethe over a game I played for free on my PC?

It's a 6/10 at best.

> "Mature Title"
Kill yourself Neckbeard, i say this as someone who is disgusted with the current state of Nintendo. They were objectively the kings of gaming from 1985-2002, only rivaled by SquareSoft. Their decline started when Rare left, but they still remained solid & didn't truely become complete garbage until the Wii Era started

Aonuma is a fucking retard. Only directed one good zelda game and everything else since has been shit. Even ruined the Majoria's mask remake cause hes a fucking tard

>not a single good dungeon in the whole game
Defend this

Just look up a guide, you can cheese it by making separate hearty dishes with each different ingredient the game gives you in the rest areas

read his name as mark shekels for a second due to the thumbnail
was pretty funny thought id share

Contain your butthurt, based owergrown child.

It's literally aonuma, miyamoto and koizumi made sure he didn't fuck up.

look at the games when aonuma had someone showing him the ropes, then look at his solo games. It's that simple.

Do people post this stuff just to troll now? Legit curious how anyone could think repetitive shrine mini games and Ubisoft towers/campsites makes a game innovative.

hey metroid is actually good
2D metroid that is

They bankrupted their creativity to fill their wallets. The söy will pretend Nintendo invented whatever old trend the company jumps onto next.

Assassin's Creed didn't even have Ubisoft towers anymore though. In the last 3 or 4 games, they are ONLY fast travel points and do not unlock any icons or unfog your map. Exactly like BOTW.

I can't, the only way they can fix the next Zelda is by going back to the OOT formula while keeping the exploration, but albiet shrinking the overworld size & taking a quality > Quantity approach

There were dungeons in BotW?

The whole thread is full of non arguments and childish name calling like . But when you get hit with it, it's suddenly a problem. Cope.

thanks for sharing

Orcarina of time as an example of good game design? How is shitting out one of the dullest ARPG franchises of all time an example of good game design? Seriously each episode following the boy "adventurer" and his pals from Hyrule as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the cartoonish imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of repetitive puzzles, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.
Perhaps the die was cast when Nintendo vetoed the idea of a third party producing the games; Miyanoto made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody- just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for their annual childish fighting franchise. The Zelda series might be anti-Sony (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Spyro series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement.

>a-at least the platforming elements were good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the exploration was nonexistent. As I played, I noticed that every time Link went to "explore" a largely empty world, Nintendo shoehorned in some repetitive puzzles to pad out the game. I began marking on the back of a Nintendo Power magazine every time I came to the same rehashed box pushing/lever pulling puzzles. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Nintendo's team is so governed by cliches and milking tired franchises ad nauseum that they have no other style of development. Later I watched a lavish, loving Let's Play of The Ocarina of Time by some YouTube manchild. He said something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing Ocarina of Time at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to owning a Nintendo Switch." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play The Ocarina of Time you are, in fact, trained to play the same dull Nintendo rehashes decade after decade.

How are they bad?

>stealing stale Yea Forums memes
weird

They're one note. You do one, you do them all.

I take it back though, Hyrule Castle is a cool area.

Tendies don't play non-Nintendo games

The article is even better, even more full of onions garbage.
>It's not God of War's fault it's not Breath of the Wild. It's not Spider-Man's fault it's not Breath of the Wild. I spent a good 10 hours playing Red Dead Redemption 2, hoping it was Breath of the Wild, then eventually gave up. No one's fault.
>Sorry Red Dead Redemption 2. You tried, but you weren't Breath of the Wild.
>During the past two years, I've been trying my best to recover from Breath of the Wild. Trying to reframe my expectations. Trying my level best to remember that other games aren't Breath of the Wild. That in this world they often can't be Breath of the Wild. That, in a few rare cases, they shouldn't be Breath of the Wild.
>I'm not going to lie. It's been a tough couple of years.

They’re corporate shills, it’s a cult. Apple fanboys who jerk off to the headphone jack and home button going away are the same.

3 and 4 are on Nintendo consoles

>same rotate gimick in every one
>same boss in every one
>all 10 minutes long if you aren't retarded
>all look the same
>all start the same way RIDE ON THE SHIELD/PERSON AMD SHOOT THE TURRETS/FEET
Game is bad.

>>same boss in every one
This isn't even remotely true wtf?
>>same rotate gimick in every one
Neither is this

Not even Nintendo fans bought the Wii U

I don’t get it, I’m a huge nintendofag and the way people talk about BOTW feels so different to the game I actually played.

This is like some guy who just got into anime saying how Sword Art Online is “the greatest anime ever and nothing else past present of future compares”
He clearly didn’t play the other games.

why are people so hyperbolic about nintendo games? It's like they try to brainwash people or something, they keep telling me I should have a raging boner and manly tears after playing BoTW but it was just another open world game to me, I don't get it

I'm assuming you just mean Assassin's Creed since Ubisoft has put other franchises of theirs on Nintendo systems

Yes. It's all some the same looking Gannon that you fight the same way. The only exception is Thunderblight Gannon, because you have to use magnesis after you fight him the same exact way.

And yes, you soi lactating faggot. Every divine beast has the rotate gimmick.

same but with acid

Fair point. I mean Nintendo has made a few gems in their day without a doubt, but most of their stuff is just lighthearted fluff that you can't take too seriously.

See this is the Drone mentality we've talked about, people literally are incapable of actually defending BOTW without spamming the same buzzwords or even comprehending the idea that the game is flawed & Nintendo is creatively bankrupt. It's scary how brainwashed they are

They likely legitimately have have autism or some autism spectrum disorder

Reminds me of the reviewer who whined about Nier taking him away from Zelda before slapping a 5/10 on it at the end of route A.

lmao, link? this sounds amazing

>And yes, you soi lactating faggot. Every divine beast has the rotate gimmick.
They all do completely different things though. And so do all the ganons

>spamming the same buzzwords
You mean like drone, onions, brainwashed, creatively bankrupt, autism etc?
Stay seething, niBBa

>muh freedom

Attached: vrules.png (359x339, 16K)

>Only one unique poster in the last 10 replies

I see.

metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nier-automata

Its pretty easy to find. The reviewer tweeted about it ahead of time, which I'm pretty sure is in a thread on gamefaqs. But this is the funniest part:

>Loads of interesting ideas and plenty of good intentions, but nothing sticks. It’s like it was made by a team of people with super short attention spans. They’d come up with a good idea, carry it half way, then get distracted by another thought, and do it all over again until ending up with an unfocused, unsatisfying, incomplete product.
Reminder he dropped the game after Route A.

>THEY ALL DO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS
>rotate camel to move blocks
>rotate bird to move blocks
>rotate lizard to move blocks
>rotate trunk to move water to move blocks
Wow.... So this... Is the groundbreaking creativity of Nintendo....

mods only apply those rules selectively to oppress certain groups, depending on the mod.

>all caps
>s-s-seething!

Attached: suffering awaits.jpg (659x772, 241K)

>caring about the rules
FUCK NlNTODDLERS FUCK JANNYS AND FUCK NIGGERS

Attached: 4787348lt.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Absolutely BASED

These writers probably never played any other game

wut

The elephant is used to move gears and the camel is used for circuitry. The salamander doesn't even have blocks. Did you even play the game.

Attached: amazing-every-word-that-you-just-said-is-wrong-30468837.png (500x300, 60K)

So you know I'm right but can't formulate any rebuttal and don't have the strength of character to admit that you like something even though you acknowledge that it's flawed.

cringe and nintinceled.

I feel the same way about Mass effect only that I will never not be mad

Now that the dust has settled, can we safely say that Nintendo will never be able to recapture the Magic of Ocarina, Mario 64 or EarthBound?

That was one of the very few good parts of the game though

And how do you move the circuitry? Oh, right. They're blocks you use to connect the line.

Attached: 1533328937615.png (952x1036, 814K)

>Being so fucking contrarian that you can't enjoy BotW

Honestly I feel bad for the lot of you on here

Nintendofag + Zeldafag = the worst kind of shill imaginable

I actually love and play lots of games unlike the average Yea Forumsirgin, user.

Maybe that's why I thought BotW was an underwhelming game that played like an even emptier and more shallow Assassins Creed.

i did play it on a friends nintendo. was fun at first. then it got super boring. then i found something new. then it got super boring for another half hour. then i found something. then it got super boring.

from what i hear everything is just the same dungeons and shrines too, so eventually finding stuff wouldn't be fun either because its the same shit. i was already tired of finding the same enemies everywhere.

>that image
Is this some 4D shitposting?

BAKA the kind of "people" who write these articles

Daily reminder

Attached: Screenshot_20190305-011741~01.png (849x704, 242K)

Will BotW ever be topped this gen?

Attached: 97.png (1080x1522, 957K)