Does any Link ever get to live a happy life after they finish their adventure?

Does any Link ever get to live a happy life after they finish their adventure?

Attached: Link_vs._Hero's_Shade.png (640x404, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/character/zelda/history/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ZcNiGxeinLI
games.avclub.com/the-link-to-the-past-comic-has-the-ending-the-game-dese-1798244238
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OoT Link and his lineage must suffer so said Koizumi.

Spirit Tracks Link

>there will never be a fight against Hero's Shade in a Zelda game
It hurts bros

I thought tp link got to breed the qt village girl

studiofow link

Does he only have a chance of marrying his Zelda if you choose the Knight ending?

Attached: 129741927412812.jpg (850x666, 155K)

So was it officially OoT Link that turned into a Stalfos when he got lost in the woods at the beginning of MM?

Wind Waker Link

No, he made it back to Hyrule and lived a full life.

No
>OOT/MM link gets lose in the woods and becomes this Skeleton
>WW link loves the ocean and dies sailing one day
>ALttP/Links Awakening link gets depressed and kills himself
>TP link probably spends his life looking for a way to find midna and dies alone and depressed
>BotW Link gets diarrhea from eating uncooked meat and dies of dehydration after his cell phone loses reception

Follow the hero of any journey long enough and you'll step over a corpse

Except CDI link, he probably banged a lot of Octorok mouths

Attached: 534534.jpg (300x206, 20K)

I hated spirit tracks for the fucking microphone blowing melody bullshit
I really liked Phantom Hourglass though, the drawing on the map feature was really great

Most of them. OoT Link lived a mostly happy life, he just had regrets that he never passed on what he learned and that he went down as a nobody.

>ALttP/Links Awakening link dies lost at sea
ftfy

Attached: la-pic-2.jpg (1024x809, 78K)

I hope he did they both look cute together.

Attached: 1508872496350.jpg (409x701, 201K)

It's been awhile but isn't she also waiting for him in the engineer ending? The only ending that's "bad" is the third one, where Zelda is just looking out the window, the implication being that STLink isn't around anymore for some reason.

For me it was the reverse, I hated the mechanic where you had to keep going to the Temple of the Ocean King with a time limit, but I loved the mechanic of Phantom Zelda.

ALTTP Link had a happy ending.

Depression suits him better since one of his adventures was a dream and the one girl maybe became a seagull

>implying that won't be retconned with the remake

Attached: the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-remake-nintendo-switch.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 148K)

>actually thinking there's an actual chronology and canon to Zelda games

Please use that bulge you have over your neck for just a second.

Skyward Link does. After all he and Zelda were the founders of Hyrule kingdom right?

I played through that game with my cousin and always thought village girl was best girl. For some reason I thought zelda was links sister in one of the timelines

You forgot about based NES Link who banged Sleeping Beauty.

Attached: Ending_(The_Adventure_of_Link).png (256x316, 1K)

Phantom Zelda is definitely best Zelda though I did find the idea of a big dungeon that you revisit multiple times after getting new gear or whatnot intriguing

Pegged to death by shadow link

>banging an old lady

Attached: 135.png (805x643, 172K)

LoZ/AoL Link got to rule as the next Great King.

Lol no. No way he could have kids if that happened. He’s just a sad ghost because nobody remembered him, and his descendants were apparently too much of a bunch of fuck up for him to his awesome sword skills too. That is until the hero of twilight arrives.

Don't Oracle series happen after that, same Links

They’ve shifted LA in the timeline, now it’s before OoX. So he canonly gets back to Hyrule. Not to mention gramps is a thing.

NES Link is always ready to perform. This guy fucks.

Attached: __healer_link_and_octorok_zelda_ii_the_adventure_of_link_and_etc_drawn_by_gashi_gashi__20bee949460ae (1000x3145, 1.91M)

Wait hold on, I just realized something. All Zeldas are supposed to be reincarnations of each other, right? So how was the Zelda from Zelda 1 around when the Zelda from Zelda 2 was still sleeping?
Also, what was Zelda 1 Zelda doing during the events of Zelda 2?

>Thought you fuckers were joking
Once Link had defeated the Nightmare and awakened the Wind Fish, he awoke clinging to the driftwood of his ship, adrift on the open seas. Link's whereabouts after this are unknown

And like I said, it'll be retconned with the remake and show a clearer ending.

>WW Link and Tetra promise to forget the old world after the Kings wish and embrace the new sea flioded world
>find and unflooded continent and immediately settle, Tetra becomes a princess, marries mystery chad and calls the land Hyrull

Ganondorf was the true hero of WW

Nah, he apparently returned to Hyrule, became a respected knight, and had a family. But he didn't really have anyone to carry on his legacy: the Hero of Time, savior of two worlds, apparently had big shoes to fill and no one really could. He had all these skills to teach and no one to teach them to until TP Link came around.

Why not stick with her instead of Zelda?

That's dumb as fuck, oracle games clearly show him leaving on a ship in the true ending

That game was made before Skyward Sword messed things up. Good question about Zelda 1 Zelda though.

>why not stick with a random whore instead of not one, but two princesses

I could have sworn it was after Lttp and before awakening.
Hell Oracle series end up with Link on a boat

Skyward Sword Link founds Hyrule w Zelda

Yeah, but it’s also depressing as fuck to have him drown at sea like said.

Well fuck, finding that out made me like the game more. And it's the last game fore Attlp link so it's a somewhat fitting ending.

Why is current nintendo such pussies when it comes to Link specifically? I love how grim of a life these goddess chosen warriors live after the adventure, that would be a pretty cool idea to explore in a future game.

nintendo.co.jp/character/zelda/history/index.html

Here’s the damn timeline. LA used to be the last adventure of the hero of last adventure, legends, now it’s his second one.

Also BotW is at the end of every timeline.

>implying either princess has a big rack

Attached: 1541299706647.jpg (750x686, 63K)

Not a bad idea for a game that happens after the adventure and you are supposed to “backtrack” your steps while seeing the effects of Link’s actions.
Only gripe would be using the amnesia again.

The upbeat music of the game really implies to me that Link is able to find land. I personally like to think Link seas the Seagull as Marin implying he follows the Seagull's direction back to a beach. BTW the original is the funniest ending just for having Marin flying around with wings. youtube.com/watch?v=ZcNiGxeinLI

Would Nintendo want to do a game with the Hero of Time again to show how he became the Hero's Shade?

According to the hystoria nothing exciting happens to him after returning to Hyrule. In fact, the sheer lack of glory and adventure is why he ends up becoming the shade in the first place.

Skyward Sword Link spends the rest of his life banging a literal goddess.

Attached: file.png (600x384, 505K)

LINK
DOESN'T
TALK
EVER

No.

games.avclub.com/the-link-to-the-past-comic-has-the-ending-the-game-dese-1798244238

Holy shit that straight up contradicts Oracles ending
My idea was either farther in the future have a more disheveled Link, maybe after saving the world he can see that the world only see's him as nothing more than a tool or something edgy like that. And make the game link having to save the world again under these new circumstances.

I never got why people said Minish Cap was at the beginning of the timeline (at least before Skyward Sword established itself as the very beginning)
I don't remember anything from Minish Cap that would specifically put it before everything else.

*disregards retcon and retains original timeline*

Attached: 1453054885925.jpg (568x898, 151K)

What a pretty page...
the web designer is good

Vaati origins I guess.

It was meant to be the origin of links hat.

You're right about the implications and your personal thoughts, Link smiling at the Wind Fish pretty much assures things will be fine.

But since the Link's Awakening remake would also be for new audiences, Nintendo will probably change certain things for it. Marin might not even reincarnate into a Seagull if things go wrong.

>forgetting the ending

Attached: 2194194871241.png (1037x690, 792K)

Isn't that basically Majora's Mask?

It still hurts that the link we all know, the one of OOT and MM never got much

>Be this link
>kill ganon
>zelda sends you back in time to enjoy the childhood you lost
>snitch out ganondorf to the king so he gets killed before he starts shit
>You now have no connection to past zelda, Sara as a guardian no longer exists on this plane so there goes your childhood friend
>Navi, the only one who could grant you passage into the kori forest just ups and leaves without a word to you because as you are not a kori and there is no mission anymore she can't stay with you
>Save another world, it's inhabitants all get happy endings but don't remember you because you don't exist in that world
>leave on to continue searching for the fairy friend you never got to say bye to
>Eventually give up go back to hyrule become a normalfag with a boring life
>Die silently lamenting nobody remembers how awesome you were
>Finally meet another you, his skill to learn your shit finally allows you to die with no regrets

Talk about an unsung hero, kinda funny how Hyrule warriors is all about Cia and Lana losing it because no link will ever choose them over zelda even through we see several links who never end up balls deep in zelda, they just meet accomplish a goal then part ways. I think only the cat eye links actually ended up with their zeldas as they have a rather more intimate connection than being world saving partners.

What about Breath of the Wild?

He gets the princess booty at the end.

Wait so the statue of Link in Wind Waker isn't celebrating the Hero of Time?

Attached: tumblr_ljavvdtQIp1qa6m7no1_500.png (392x624, 330K)

>even through we see several links who never end up balls deep in zelda
I've seen people post theories about how every Link, even the Hero's Shade, could have got with their Zelda and there was nothing I could find fault with in it other than it doesn't work thematically, but factually it was fine.
Unfortunately I didn't save it as it was before Hyrule Warriors, so I never thought I would have a reason to argue that every Link and Zelda got together.

>no parted bangs

Attached: 516px-OoT_Link_Portrait.png (516x599, 384K)

Different timeline.

Different timeline than TP.

There is potential evidence that OOT Link ended up with Ruto, but he didn't teach their child to fight and wished he had.

Skyward Sword Link stays on the surface and does the whole Adam & Eve thing with Zelda.
WW Link presumably stays with Tetra to help found the new kingdom and their army's outfit is derived from his classic tunic.
ST Link has a couple meaningful career paths.
As to BotW, even though he's come back from death and the world is utterly ravaged, Ganon's been defeated and as long as he's with Zelda, he's happy.
To that end, there's a reason the first song TP Link howls with the Hero's Shade is the song of healing. OoT's restless spirit can find peace, and TP Link has the tools and determination to find another way to the Twilight Realm, or just go on some other wacky ass adventure.

But I think that's always been kind of a constant theme, the melancholy ambiguity.

Attached: 754f67d57b384cd11b9f650c97220955.jpg (1230x920, 605K)

No it is. Remember how at the end of OoT Zelda sends Link back in time permanently? This creates two timelines, one where Link defeats Ganon, but then heads back in time, and one where Link and Zelda stop Ganon BEFORE he can enact his evil plan and Link lives in peace.
Funnily enough, this ruins everything in the "original" timeline, as Link takes the "hero spirit" back in time with him, thus there is no new Link reincarnation to fight Ganon when he revives and the Gods end up having to flood Hyrule. So, if you think about it, Wind Waker is all OoT Zelda's fault.

If the Decline Timeline is any indication, Nintendo fucked up a lot of stuff.

Spirit Tracks is an absolutely phenomenal game minus the microphone sections. I replayed it all again the other day and holy shit do the microphone sections take the tension and flow out of the game.The final boss would have been 9/10 if it’s mic section worked.

I literally spent 30 mins trying to do the fire flute section with no avail, found some random dude in 2008 or whatever said to completely miss a note and play an entirely different note and you’ll pass the section
AND HE WAS RIGHT,
what was Nintendo thinking with the microphone sections not having an alternative solution or not being completely skippable?

But yeah, great game otherwise

This doesn’t mean he died. Could have washed ashore on some random island and lived out his life. It’s Zelda.

It actually creates a third timeline where Link losers too. All that hard work and he’s forced to job thanks to Zelda fucking everything up. OoT Zelda is the biggest fuck up in the series.

>It actually creates a third timeline where Link losers too
I know, but that timeline isn't relevant to 's question about the statue.

Can we talk about how cool some of the titles Link held are?

“The Hero of Time” and “The Hero of Twilight” just sound so fucking hard

>Gets to repopulate all of the land bellow Skyloft with objectively best Zelda
most based Link coming through

Attached: 1550214532289.png (1340x838, 1.45M)

I think the DS Zeldas made great use of the touch screen/stylus, but not much else, Nintendo ought to really up their game if they intend to make more shitty gimmicks to add onto their consoles. Stuff like the microphone thing are unforgivably done in my opinion

In the adult line, Link killed Ganon and so far has been genuinely rid of him.

The child line remains an unknown.

The downfall line is where Ganon obtained immortal godhood and keeps returning without end.

>most based Link coming through
I agree in principle, but I cannot fully support a Link that isn't left-handed.

Seeing as though Tetra Zelda and Aryll were the only Hylians in New Hyrule save for Tetra's crew (who clearly have descendants save Niko) and ST has not only a descendant of Tetra but a new Link who clearly got that Knight lineage to be a hero, Tetra, and either Link or Aryll both got busy.
LinkxTetra canon ship never verified because what fucking ship is verified in the Zelda series? Devs don't give a fuck about story until after the game is finished.

Attached: 1546569510830.jpg (938x500, 67K)

>The child line remains an unknown.
The Original Ganon is dead, the one in Four Swords Adventures is a new person. We've yet to see if he is going to keep reviving.

Zelda and Link in SS is confirmed.
Illia and Link in TP is confirmed.
That seems to be it.

>best Zelda
That would ST Zelda, SS was a goblina.

Pedo detected

>Illia and Link in TP is confirmed.
No it ain’t, Link bailed out on Ordon at the end of the game.

Why can’t Link have /personality/
I get he’s the face of silent protagonists, but expressive Links have ifinitely been better than no emotion Links imho

???

>Zelda and Link in SS is confirmed.
Her reaction is different when you refuse to leave peacock in Skyloft.
Hinted at, but never really established as canon fact.

Attached: 1544133985516.png (429x410, 61K)

Can you keep your shipper fanfics to yourself for once?

Princess who pulls her weight around > generic anime childhood friend waifubait

Link and Zelda in SS, WW/PT, AoL, BotW, and maybe OoX
Link and Malon (OoT/MM)

>that nigger who thinks that Link/Ilia is canon
>tells others to keep fanfics to themselves
Thanks for laugh.

>with Zelda
>not with Peatrice
shit taste m8

Attached: 1542194812137.png (700x700, 340K)

not everything is sexual, fag

Spirit Tracks Zelda undoubtedly has the biggest role when compared to any other Zelda and has not only the most personality but also the best personality to boot.

The fuck are you talking about? Link did leave Ordon.

Attached: 1241294712198.png (1220x643, 1.9M)

>enters thread talking about what a character does after their game
>doesn't expect the topic of possible romances to pop up, and and get mad when they do

Patrician taste right here. Peatrice never fucked over humanity by jobbing to Demise like a certain someone...

Let's take a look at each Link:
>Chosen Hero
Did not have any magical destiny stuff.
Fought the demon king Demise.
Was so fucking suave that a goddess trapped him in a cycle of reincarnation with her so she could get that dick.

>Hero of the Sky
The first reincarnation.
Fought and killed the demon king Demise.
Spend the rest of his life banging a goddess.

>Hero of Men
Notably, did not have a green hat.
Used the Picori Blade and the Light Force to seal away literally every monster in Hyrule in a chest.

>Hero of the Minish
Defeated an evil wizard.
Was childhood friends with Zelda, probably scored later on.

>Hero of Four Swords
Redefeated an evil wizard.
Zelda was around, but hard to say how close they were.

>Hero of Time
Fought and defeated (or not, timeline stuff) the new demon king, Ganon.
Saved a parallel world from a demonic piece of headwear.
Most likely banged a farmer's daughter.
Became a skellington.

>Hero of Legend
Killed the demon king Ganon.
Killed the dragon Onox.
Killed the witch Veran.
Killed the demon king Ganon again.
Killed a bad dream.
May or may not be stranded in the ocean, depending on how stupid you think the new timeline is.

>Hero of Lorule
Killed the demon king Ganon and some metrosexual painter.
Decent odds of getting in with Zelda.

>Hero of Whatever They Call Tri Force Heroes Link
I didn't play this one.

>Hero of Hyrule
Killed himself (but evil).
Passed up scoring with Zelda in favor of Zelda, but sleepier.

>Hero of Twilight
Killed the demon king Ganondorf.
Did not get to fuck the imp.
Skipped town on his farmgirl.
Rough odds for scoring with Zelda.

>Hero of Light
Sealed away an evil wizard.
Sealed away the demon king Ganon.
Zelda is there.

>Hero of Winds
Killed the demon king Ganondorf.
Killed a squid.
Fucked a pirate.

>Hero of Trains
Killed the new demon king Malladus.
Definitely fucked Zelda.

>Hero of the Wild
Probably fucked a fish.
Definitely fucked Zelda

So basically if the game hints of Zelda/Link, it’s shit.

Link rides his horse. The horse he has owned for the whole game. He rides it in the only location that exists that he can ride a horse. Nothing whatsoever is implied by Link riding a damn horse. What the fuck is wrong with you? Every fucking thread you tow out your shipping bullshit and parade around with your head up your ass. Everyone here fucking loves Midna, but that's not how the game ended you piece of retarded shit.

SEETHING ILIAKEK

Why do you talk about a game you've never played through?

TP Link went back to Ordon to keep living his quiet farmer life.

>talking shit about the Oracles

Tri-force heroes Link is the same one as the Link from ALBW

You don’t go back to a quiet life after going through so much shit. Also

No he didn't, he just went to return the MS back to the sacred groove.

>Hero of Whatever They Call Tri Force Heroes Link
It's only for puzzles. Story is pretty what the fuck.
Zelda in it isn't named Zelda. She'll probably turn you on if you look her up but in the game there's technically 3 heroes.
Meaning have fun with the competition. Also she does nothing in the game save for bitching about how ugly she looks so contemplate before you procreate.

Attached: 1544135218781.gif (250x231, 875K)

LA forever baybeee

>Link and Malon
Is there any proof of that other than TP Link is a rancher? Because that isn't proof at all. There are literally a thousand other ways a descendant of OoT/MM Link could end up like that.
He could have married Zelda, one of their kids went missing like happens in all kinds of fairy tails, it ended up in Ordon and that's where that Link came from. Do I think that's what happened? No. But you can't just say "TPLink's a rancher, guess OoTLink married Malon!" without more proof.

>Thinks Link spent the rest of his life riding his horse away for no reason.

Is the wilds Link the only one who fought so many monsters he actually fucked up the master sword?

>He could have married Zelda, one of their kids went missing like happens in all kinds of fairy tails, it ended up in Ordon and that's where that Link came from
COPE

Nothing whatsoever. The people in Ordon don't ranch horses and aren't even Hylean.

>thinks Link is going back to herd goats after pushing his limit and becoming a legendary hero

I don't remember if Triforce Heroes Link is supposed to be ALBW Link or a different one, but Princess Styla just gives her gratitude and her cursed tights when you save her.

I literally said I don't think that's what happened in the next sentence. But I guess reading a full post is too much to expect from a Malon shipper.

Nigger, TP is thousands of years after OoT, of course shit is not going to be the same.

The details probably got lost as they made the statue, seeing as how Link was no longer there to be the subject.

Just get back in your underwater cuckshed, Zelda. Malon won the 1998 Linkbowl, just drown in peace.

Ordona is a separate province from Hyrule iirc

>He could have married Zelda
Pretty much confirmed he didn't though

i couldn't beat spirit tracks because one of the flute sections wouldn't work. It' been god knows how many years since the game came out but I still remember it being one of the most pointless frustrating things I've ever experienced in a game

How well would TP Link do in BotW Hyrule?

Attached: FA8334E0-FCA7-41CF-871D-3F8D80A6C2C8.jpg (936x680, 197K)

hmm i'd smash

Attached: 266px-TFH_Princess_Styla.png (266x300, 120K)

It was an example. My point was, if their only argument is "TPLink is a rancher and is descended from OoTLink, Malon owned a ranch, therefore OoTLink MUST have married Malon" then their case isn't as strong as they think it is.

that's literally toon link in a dress

I said I'd smash

I'm not agreeing with the Malon posters either but your example is wrong and you're ugly as buttholes

Except
>all the royal guards dress like Link
>implying he wasn't the royal guard and chief consort

In TP, Inside the Zora Royal Tomb, is OOT Link's clothing that TP Link receives to allow him to swim under water. That's what OOT Link did with the rest of his life, heroics for the Zora. According to BotW, receiving a gift of armor carries special meaning, and is potentially a marriage proposal. Also, Queen Rutela of TP is the only Zora in any game with anything resembling hair, and it's styled with OOT Link's bangs.

Attached: InsideTheZoraRoyalTomb.jpg (2048x1152, 1.67M)

He's already in smash

It’s far stronger than OoT Link getting with Zelda or the other main females. TP Link’s background motions more to Malon with references to past characters that were close to her as well as her horse and song.

Attached: file.png (140x198, 36K)

>Is there any proof
None what so ever, but it’s more fun than a random wench. Anyway, the circumstantial evidence is:
>HoT has descendents so he canonly banged at least someone.
>Became a hyrulean knight after MM, but lacked any significantly glory due to his main adventure being in another timeline/dimension. So probably didn’t bang Zelda (not prestigious enough).
>Malon wants a knight to sweep her off her feat (OoT gossip stone)
>Link helping Malon and Talon in Hyrule market/castle isn’t erased when Zelda meddles with the timeline
>Link and Malon must be very close because she gives him Epona when he sets out to find Navi
>TP is a rancher, rather than nobility or a fish person
>Ordon ranch is located very close to where Lon Lon ranch used to be (Hyrule castle has been moved north by the time of TP)
>TP knows epona’s song (composed by Malon’s mothee) and also has a horse named Epona.

Nothing concrete, but it rarely ever is in this franchise.

>He can't climb, but maybe he doesn't have to.
>He can snipe arrows out into forever.
>He has the full master Sword, which probably means he can best Ganon.
He'd do alright.

You would defiantly get that vibe due to how often the npc's ignore your existence when in cut scenes unless directly thanking you. But you can definitely tell the towns people and many other groups respect and genuinely thank him for everything he's done. But it's pretty similar to OOT's ending in Tp.

>but your example is wrong
>It’s far stronger than OoT Link getting with Zelda
Did ANYONE actually read the part of my post where I said I don't think that's what happened and was just using it as an example to show even with the most unlikely option you can still end up with the situation in Link is in in Twilight Princess.

It's left ambiguous for a reason. Unless you count the manga, there's nothing implying Link felt any romantic love for Zelda, same goes for Malon or any other love interest.

Zelda did trust him enough to give him the Ocarina of Time on his journey to find Navi, you don't do that for just anyone considering Ocarina's bad future didn't happen.

Attached: 194218471219741.png (926x523, 350K)

link fucked malon right in her pussy

>using cross-game lore in fucking Zelda

Attached: we aint evuh gonna make it.png (480x360, 147K)

Basically the question is whether or not TP Link can get into the Ganon fight if he can't climb. He can probably just power his way through the blights and kill Ganon if he can, so nothing else is mandatory.

Didn't OoT Link marry that qt ranch girl, settle down, and then end up fighting and dying in a war? It's bittersweet but not a horrible life. Loyal wife, kids, bloodline continues, and you die honorably in service to something you love/believe in.

>you don't do that for just anyone
i mean he came back told of an entire future where ganon took over that he had to save and preemptively stopped him
it's the least Zelda could do, it's not like the Ocarina is of any use in her hands compared to Link's

There's a reason time travel is frowned upon as a plot device
It's nearly impossible to avoid plot holes and fuckups caused by it

>Unless you count the manga
Not canon.

>Zelda did trust him enough to give him the Ocarina of Time on his journey to find Navi, you don't do that for just anyone considering Ocarina's bad future didn't happen.
And Malon gave him her beloved pet horse.

>>Link helping Malon and Talon in Hyrule market/castle isn’t erased when Zelda meddles with the timeline
I've always been confused, how much of what Child Link did in OoT gets undone? Link must have been sent back to before Zelda ran away, because the two work together to stop Ganon's plan before he can enact it, which means The Bottom of the Well and Child half of the Spirit Temple never get done. Jabu Jabu too probably.

Has anyone done a non-climbing run of BotW?

OwO

TP literally references OOT Link.

>And Malon gave him her beloved pet horse.
Yes, a Horse and a Legendary Magical Artifact From Antiquity are completely the same thing.

He took on a robot army nearly single handedly and slaughtered hundreds of them, no shit the sword was depleted and weakened

He can climb tho, he does it plenty of times over the course of TP.

I would imagine that everything prior to his first meeting with Zelda was preserved. He would need the Kojiro spiritual stone to convince Zelda he’s the real deal, and to get into the castle he needs to help Malon and Talon.

The skeleton guy (Hero's Shade), is the physical manifestation of the regret that OOT Link had at the time of his death that he didn't pass on his fighting skills. Not his immortal soul, but just the feelings of regret.

That was my point user.

Yes, and again, it can go either way. Link received both Epona and the OoT from both of them and nothing was shown from his end to imply favor to either of them.

not that, I mean BOTW

Sentimental value dumbass. Do you really think Malon would trust a horse that valuable with anybody else?

Rutela is Ruto's mom according to HH

Only on specific surfaces.

The horse is one of many horses she owns. They were all for sale. Something Zelda's family could easy afford to buy for the hero.

It's a Royal Family instrument with the power to control time, why the fuck should she give it to Link just because he managed to somehow stop Ganon without proof of the future?

Scratch that. Reverse it.

If, as speculates, everything after Link's first meeting with Zelda goes away, then Link will know Epona's song without being taught it. That would probably garner some trust.

They’re a little different. Link saved Hyrule, even if only Zelda new. That’s worth an ocarina. But receiving Epona? What did he do to deserve that? Because helping Malon at the castle wasn’t enough by itself, otherwise you would have received Epona much earlier in OoT.

But I dunno, maybe he banged Zelda, Malon, and fish tits too, while getting some SS from Naboora on the side.

Well she let him keep Epona as an adult, and there was no romance going on there.

>Something Zelda's family could easy afford to buy for the hero.
Epona was a special horse. Talon wouldn’t have picked some other horse for Ganondorf.

The Arbiters Grounds in TP contains pictures painted on the walls of OOT's adult ending. The sages were able to see that Link saved the kingdom. It was basically the evidence to go after Ganondorf.

Yeah, but he saved the entire ranch as an adult. Young link would have to have done something pretty spectacular to earn Epona in the new timeline.

Nigga can climb.

They're meant to be in a relationship, so probably. It's just never stated in-game and weakly implied.

nah I'm serious, it said she's married to OOT's King Zora

>The Arbiters Grounds in TP contains pictures painted on the walls of OOT's adult ending
do you have a single fact to back that up

Attached: denton.jpg (225x270, 11K)

But Wind Waker Link has tiny penis
I dont think you can live happy life with a tiny penis

Then why did Link give a fuck about being praised and remembered as a hero if the Sages and Zelda saw the evidence that he did it?

It's in the actual game. You can literally look at it yourself.

He didn't.

Wasn't it said in Hyrule Historia that one of the Hero's Shade's regrets was not being honored and remembered as a hero?

Why haven't we got a game about the Hero of Men yet?

Explains why every Zelda game has sucked post MM.

Check if you want. The game says he wanted to pass on his fighting skills.

Is the SS prequel manga actually canon? Chosen Hero was a warrior imprisoned for false crimes.

Because Minish Cap is a Capcom game.

TP was good.

Manga are never canon.

I know, but does what the Historia says matter as well or should I only consider what the game says at the end of the day?

Seems unlikely. There have been other Zelda comics before, and they are usually ignored.

Link pics

>Passed up scoring with Zelda in favor of Zelda, but sleepier.
>Implying her didn't score with both Zeldas

It's all fiction. The only real test of lore material, is if it can be used to accurately predict future game elements. In that vein, all evidence is largely worthless.

Makes more sense if he wanted to be remembered as a great hero instead of passing his moves. Snitching on Dorf had effects he must’ve not counted like the Gerudo getting wiped out from their desert.

15 seconds google shows beast form ganon

I see. It's not like anything in past games predicted the stuff in Breath of the Wild anyhow.

Attached: 1540660378612.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Doesn't that conflict with the selfless nature OOT/MM is shown to have though?

does he have access to his wolf form?

New material can be used to interpret old stuff, and old stuff to interpret new stuff, but if they conflict than the new material probably wins.

>shown
How so?

Link is there too.

Attached: soldier_zps44818850.jpg (320x240, 102K)

Never mind, I just realized it's mostly up to the player and that you can blaze through Ocarina and Majora without helping too many people.

They're just video games. Don't fucking stress if they all connect or what happens.

Isn't the Hero of Trains odds of fucking Zelda rough with the multiple endings?

>become an Engineer and maybe see Zelda now and then as a friend but it makes the most sense
>become a warrior and be in close proximity with Zelda with small odds of getting with her as a Royal Knight
>Link just ditches Hyrule altogether

Why the fuck didn't they have Link actually fight Heros shade as a final test? It would have been kino

Reminder botw link was murdering these absolute units as a kid

Attached: 06626EBB-1D8D-4214-B34D-1F563C001D59.png (1200x840, 1.42M)

Every daughter of the royal family is named Zelda, which usually ends up being the reincarnation of Hylia. Zelda 2 Zelda had a brother and he continued the royal linage while she slept for ages.

Zelda 1 Zelda was probably off doing royal duties.

BotW Link is probably the strongest Link that exists, both physically and in mastery of combat.

Zelda reincarnations dont work as Link's
The only reincarnation was SS Zelda,the rest are by blood

To bad his personality is bland as shit but I can say that for a lot of the links

What about the Chosen Hero or the Hero of Time? Or SS Link?

Honestly with the memory system they had a great opportunity to give Link a real personality and they totally fucked it up.

TP Link was a descendant of the Hero's Shade though, and he's still a reincarnation.

BotW Link fought an entire army of Guardians for 3 straight days without sleeping or tending to any injuries, while protecting Zelda.
Prior to that, he defeated an entire army of monsters, including several Hilnox, a few hundred bokoblins, and at least 3 Lionels. This army of monsters ambushed him and caught him entirely by surprise.
No other Link has feats like this.

Wasn't his excuse for not talking the real culprit?

Even the little stories the wrote had him talking as a small kid but once he became a champ they literally say he stops talking and is 3000% serious

You have a point there.
if BotW gets a direct sequel, I hope Link has a journal that he writes his own perspectives down in.

Yeah he is
All Links have the spirit of the original,thats their reincarnation while the Zelda's (except SS) are blood

BOTW did this already, at least in the japanese version
The quest log is written in the first person in the JP version, everywhere else it's written in the third person

is BOTW Link the biggest mary sue in the series?

Would he have won if he hadn't gotten ambushed?

It is explicitly stated that outside of his few brief encounters with Mipha, Link had literally zero social life because his father and masters forced him to train constantly.
Mary Sues don't typically have to train, but he does have some mary sue aspects.

Wait really? That kinda pisses me off

>day 40
>why the fuck are they’re nothing but bokoblins everywhere
>I don’t even like fish people
>why does my sword keep breaking

>caring about lore/story/the "lives" of a fucking videogame character
We need to see games as GAMES again, not a fucking poor substitute for TV.

You would know

What mary sue aspects could he even have as a mute?

ALTTP/LA Link is implied to be the Streetpass Gramps in ALBW, meaning that Link had his adventures, came back home and went on to become a chipper old man who's also the strongest boss in the game.

Probably. He only ever wanted to protect zelda. Whether she wanted him to or not. He’s a fucking monster but his personality makes me sad

>create lore and stories of characters people love and enjoy
>STOP ENJOYING THINGS REEEE
different strokes my guy

Nice thanks

>Miyamoto has said Zelda is his series for storytelling
>2 games in the series directed by a guy who went to film school and got shit from Miyamoto for putting storytelling in Mario Galaxy are considered some of the best in the entire series

Attached: 1543989752602.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

Did he end up with his Zelda or did he somehow turn Marin into a human again?

I do not remember this character in Twilight Princess at all.

He's entirely optional.

my life's been wonderful so far user

based and autocanonicalist

>timeline right on Nintendo's website
>faggots will still deny there's a timeline

>LoZ: Defeated Ganon for good and stopped his cronies from reviving him. Has TWO Zeldas who want his D.
>ALttP: Went on several more adventures, experiences some sad stuff, but overall doesn't seem to be too badly off. Has several chicks after his D.
>OoT: Never got recognized as a hero, but his greatest regret seems to be that he was never able to teach anyone how to smack people in the face with a shield. This regret was so great that he stayed around even after death as a skeleton/wolf.
>WW: Founded a new kingdom with Zelda, but it's hard to say what happened after that. Thing is, no one except maybe Nico really mentions Link. And while he's remembered as a hero, to the point that the Hyrulian Guard all dress themselves in his image, there's no reference to him ever being a king. Only Zelda (Tetra) is ever referenced.
>ST: He either goes on another adventure or sticks around as the official train guy. Maybe this one actually settles down with Zelda.
>TP: Leaves home and the girl who has a thing for him after the events of the game. Maybe he still pines for Midna, who knows.
>MC: I dunno.
>SS: Didn't own a Wii U, so I never played this.
>BoTW: It's on my list, shut up.

Something to keep in mind about Link is that, more often than not they tend to get stricken by seemingly insatiable wanderlust after the end of their games. Many of them just can't seem to sit still. Once they get a taste for adventure, they end up searching for even more adventure.

nobody denies there's a timeline, but you're deluded if you think they planned things out or that the timeline wasn't made just to shut fans up

Tp Link probably had a pretty decent life back on the ranch

He's shown leaving the village after the end though.

That looks pretty kino to be honest

No. He failed when he was most needed and everyone he ever cared about died for it. Sure he's strong but the main point of BoTW is that link is correcting the fuck ups of the past so that the people in that present won't have to go through the hell he went through

In SS and BotW, he's free to settle down with Zelda, whom he's definitely in a relationship with, and have as many children as they want because they live in a more peaceful world. Also in both games, it's heavily implied that they're going to be at the center of a new government that's about to start with them at the head of it - in SS they get to found Hyrule, and in BotW they get to pick the pieces back up after the apocalypse.

Wind Waker Link canonically fucks Zelda raw enough times to repopulate an entire continent.

Idk dude if you had trouble with the microphone flute section then you have some sort of mental disorder.

I wonder how many other people from Skyloft came down to the surface after the end of the game and helped found Hyrule. Hyrule Historia implies the people left in Skyloft eventually go on to become the Wind Tribe from Minish Cap (same backstory of living on a floating island that got separated from the surface and everything) but there have to have been some who came down to the surface or everyone in Hyrule would be the inbred children of SS Link and Zelda.

>Save another world, it's inhabitants all get happy endings but don't remember you because you don't exist in that world
It's even worse than that. They do remember what he did but since most of the shit he did was while he was wearing some mask or another there's constant debate around his true identity. The dekus think he was a deku, the Gorons think he was Darmani, their hero, the Zoras think he was Mikau. Everything else he did was relatively minor or no one saw him do it. The only ones to remember Link's deeds and acknowledge them as his are the Giants, HMS, Tatl and Tael, and the Skull Kid. Even Kafei and Cremia would just see him as that bro 9yo who helped them out. They had no way of knowing or even reason to speculate that Link was the one that saved Termina, especially when you consider the evidence that the other races would provide for it being "their" heroes instead of some schmuck traveler who appeared in Clock Town one day.

SS is a Wii game. Ends with Link dropping Skyloft on Not!Ganon and creating the Kingdom of Hyrule with Zelda. Also TP Link was never in love with Midna, that's only headcanon shipper garbage, Ilia is his one and only canon love interest.

So why does he leave her?

Would Link feel like shit or would he be happy that he saved everyone and gave people closure + a happy ending?

>Ends with Link dropping Skyloft on Not!Ganon
Just a piece of it, the rest of the island remains up in the sky.

Because the world needs saving? Once the world is saved and Midna back to her home planet, he goes back to Orlon and spends the rest of his days fucking Ilia and herding goats

There is something deeply wrong about the chronologically-first Link being right-handed.

Toon Link after he settled and founded new Hyrule with Tetra. Its been YEARS since we've had a game in the Future timeline though.

Attached: gaze.gif (500x384, 719K)

The first Link and the last Link are the only right-handed ones, so it kinda works as bookends.

At the end of the game, after everything's over, Link's shown leaving the village on Epona with Ilia watching him from a distance. Did you forget that part? He leaves the village after everything's over.

Never give up hope, the downfall timeline had been dead for over a decade and it suddenly sprang back to life with two new games and now a remake. The moment Aonuma decides it's time for another Toon Link game, the adult timeline will likely be revived.

he leaved after he banged the fuck out of illia, bro

Doesn't Breath of the Wild take place in all the timelines though?

the final phase of that fight is honestly one of the best in the series. it's a shame that the coolest part of the fight (playing the intro of the fucking final boss theme) is also the part that utilizes the super inaccurate spirit flute gimmick. I understand that they were trying to be a bit more accurate than OoT/MM instruments but come on, there had to have been a better way to implement the way you have to hit different notes.

Yes, at the very end of every branch, which implies it's at a point the timelines have merged back into one, so I don't count it as being in any of the branches specifically.

It makes me laugh that the fact he constantly breaks weapons most likely means he is just so strong weapons literally can't handle his full power.

Nah OOT Links greatest lament is that he was never heralded or remembered as a Hero and was annoyed at the fact that he had nobody he could pass down his combat knowledge to, But TP Link is somehow his descendant.

The idea that Link had nothing but daughter(s) is funny.

Is it even possible for the timelines to merge back into one?

The credits heavily implied that he no longer live in that village - that would be a waste. He left to another adventure.

I would like to see a sequel to TP.

Currently watching chuggaaconroy play through hourglass n his ocean temple rants are great.

Sure, why not? I know it's not canon, but look at how Hyrule Warriors brought in places and characters from different timelines into its own, it's easy to do that through some magical bullshit.

The way he motor-mouths through the repeated floors is pretty entertaining, yeah.

No he doesn't, he already did that.

It's implied that he had to go help others.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 1.47.30 AM.png (789x392, 372K)

He didn't bang her, she's left wondering where he is.

Nah, they probably said goodbye to each other. Keep in mind Epona is technically Ilia's horse, Link leaving (either for a while or forever) means he would've at least asked Ilia for permission to take her.

No she's not. Epona belongs to Link. Ilia just likes taking care of her.

Nobody is stressing over this.

What about gramps being the hero of legend? He seems to live a pretty fulfilling life.

Attached: 1550491136069-v.png (496x700, 421K)

Do you think Link and Midna ever went on little dates to kinda take a load off and give themselves a short break from saving Hyrule?

I think Link mating-press fucked midna every time the set up camp.

But she doesn't have a vagina.

Has Link ever hooked up with a version of Zelda?

Never officially, just varying levels of implication here and there with the strongest being Zelda 2.

Breath of the wild?

bump

It's up there, but it doesn't end with a kiss/hug behind curtains between Link and Zelda.