I THINK JRPGS SUCK

I THINK JRPGS SUCK

Attached: 1535185070690.jpg (5120x2880, 3.37M)

Why's that, user?

Attached: 445.gif (411x210, 825K)

haha i ddint know what this meme was but then i wentto kym and they had a really good article on it and know i know its really funny op haha

you think? even you are unsure of yourself

This, but completely unironically

>Turn-based is boring and antithetical to engaging gameplay
>Not a masculine protagonist in sight
>A lot of JRPGs are self-insert harem shit
>The same exact anime tropes repackaged a million times
>Final boss wants to be or is a god
>Mandatory padding, grinding, and general filler
>Most player involvement boils down to increasing stat numbers despite the genre being notoriously easy anyway
And probably more I can't think of off the top of my head. And please brainlets, don't reply to me with a picture of chess to justify the vapid turn-based combat featured in JRPGs like it's remotely comparable.

Source?

I keep seeing this meme, and I don't know what it's from, but I imagine even though he yells everything, he really yells "suck". Like "I think jrpgs SUCK!!!" Am I right?

i think getting banned for posting kinda relevant cyclical loli enema webms sucks :t

Tales of Radiant Mythology 2.

You are mostly right. Weebs will try to act like JRPGs have some sort of merit when they would all be improved by WRPG design philosophy tho.

How do you mean?

It's Fred from the Scooby Doo movie and the context is it's an out of context quote recorded by a journalist

Z-Moves from Pokemon sum it up perfectly. Press 1 button to do an overly flashy and explosive 10 second animation that just 1 shots whatever it hits in order to make you feel like a badass anime character, along with some gay ass posing just to top it off. Almost every JRPG has this and it's obnoxious. Also turn-based gameplay is not remotely fun or intuitive. There's nothing more boring than waiting for animations to finish so that you can press a single button just to wait some more, or more frustrating than knowing that no matter what you do you're going to lose in a couple turns.

Attached: just.jpg (732x959, 56K)

Explain to me how you think Chess and a turn-based RPG are not comparable.

I wish more games had rpg customizations like gear, weapons, party members, etc. but with actual good gameplay. Like imagine ninja gaiden as a squad of ninjas with different loadouts and skills

In the sense that WRPGs aren't usually designed as on rails stories designed to make teenagers feel special, with gameplay that reflects that design.

>stories designed to make teenagers feel special
Cloud Strife is 21 years old.

depends how they are tuned for risk/reward and integrated into the game systems
battle systems in jrpgs are like an afterthought and feel completely disconnected from the rest of the game also designed in a way that encourages mindless grinding and generally just wasting the player's time

JRPGs aren't chess. They're specifically designed to be the watered down form of DnD, for people who can't muster enough brain cells or friends to play that instead.

why do people like this pretend that there aren't any jrpgs with action-based combat?

He's still designed to attract 12 year olds. No adult thinks he's an interesting character.

>or friends to play that instead
Then go play D&D with your normalfag friends, you stupid pile of shit, lmao.

shut the fuck up

Not really, they're designed for kids, not dumb adults. But idiots find some deep meaning in it just like they did with shit like pokemon.

Brainlet detected.

no problemo, you fat weeb brainlet

The jews murdered JFK, bombed the USS Liberty, and bombed the Twin Towers.

because the actual good ones are rare and still usually have silly stories or some other glaring issue

>JRPGS
Japanese Role Playing Game "S"

>t. 12 year old

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW YOU ARE A FAGGOT

Attached: SeveralMixedDaddylonglegs-poster.jpg (1280x720, 30K)

Attached: COOLSVILLE WAVE.png (600x600, 209K)

because they aren't typical, when you think jrpg it goes straight to dragon quest/final fantasy etc that's the template

The jews murdered JFK, bombed the USS Liberty, and bombed the Twin Towers.

Wow, you queers really take your memes seriously, huh?

We all know you were crying while you typed that, weeb.

meanwhile, if you look at the highest-selling jrpg franchises, monster hunter and kingdom hearts are in the top 5, and tales and souls aren't far behind.
also, final fantasy has several action rpgs to its name - including crystal chronicles, which is a fan favorite.

Attached: 1376947059811.png (203x209, 19K)

I like JRPGs because they are excellent for escaping reality

>t. game journalist

monster hunter and dark souls are not jrpgs

But they are japanese games.

>JRPGs are casul shit like Pokemon
Try something else like Etrian Odyssey

>There's nothing more boring than waiting for animations to finish so that you can press a single button just to wait some more,
The fun lies in figuring out what you should do in that turn to kill the enemy safely.
>or more frustrating than knowing that no matter what you do you're going to lose in a couple turns.
>lose
Lmao fucking casul.

>"Oh no! People on the internet don't agree with me, but I can't rub my one braincell against something to come up with a decent argument! I know, I'll just post random shit to show how edgy I am! That'll show those damn dirty disagreers!"

Attached: retard.png (400x551, 127K)

Well I'm shit at edits but enjoy

Attached: for faggot op.jpg (3153x1766, 1.29M)

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say JRPGS are shit.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 58K)

Absolutely right.
JRPGS are simply outdated and trash I never understood why people would play standing still mashing one button(literally how a friend playes a FF game) all the time....

Almost every person I see complaining about jrpgs is a complete fucking casual.
Coincidence?

JRPGs should be a favorite of journalists, they play themselves.

The fact that not a single weeb can counter any of these points shows just how true they are.

they are rpgs made by japanese studios, therefore they are jrpgs.

Jesus, Yea Forums not only is the worst fucking board of all of Yea Forums, it also makes the most retarded, unfunny memes.

OMG I WANT IT!!!

How? Explain your reasoning here, JRPGs are factually one of the most casual genres. They are barely a step above VNs. The polar opposite of a JRPG would be something like a fighting game.

I THINK CHRIS REDFIELD (TEAM FMS) SUCKS.

definitely not a coincidence. jrpgs require too much of an investment for zoomers with no attention span. they should stick to fortnite, apex legends and destiny.

>Games are literally designed for 5 years olds to complete
Explain

>hours of grinding and filler fetch quests is what weebs consider "investment" or "content"
just admit JRPGs are ideal for filling time in your NEET life

Because the complaints are usually "I have to grind to win!" "battles are RNG!" "this story is too long!" "wtf where's my quicksave"

>He needs to grind

No they're action RPGs made in Japan.
That does not make them JRPGs

>Zoomers hate JRPGs because they cant blame their teammates for when they lose
It all makes sense now

Attached: 1536125417820.jpg (256x1347, 239K)

>Wanting to cut out the fat makes you casual
Can you name a significant number of JRPGs where grinding isn't essential for getting gear, party members, or completing quest lines? The few I've played all had that shit. Every JRPG I've played also drags itself out with irrelevant missions, irrelevant cutscenes, repeating the same exposition over and over, etc. It's a boring fucking genre. Give me one good reason I should play it when I could play something action-oriented that lets me jump right in with few breaks. You know, the point of video games.

But the counter is just asking "what are you talking about?"
Like literally not a single point doesn't need elaboration.
>Why isn't turn based engaging?
>What's your idea of "masculine"?
>What qualifies as a harem?
>What tropes and why do you care when tropes are everywhere?
>What are popular games that include wants to be/is god?
>How is it any different than normal padding for pace?
>See question 1 but expand to "why is that not engaging?"

Way to show your low attention span

>"hours of grinding" in a modern jrpg
casual shitter detected.

What demands my attention? When does it get good? 20 hours in? Why would I pay attention to something that's not interesting or engaging? This is a non-argument. If I asked you to watch paint dry for a couple of hours and you declined, does that mean you have a shit attention span?

>all the game can be beating by bruteforce
>calling anyone casual

Is this a JRPG?

Attached: PSO.png (300x296, 116K)

>where grinding isn't essential
Nigger grinding hasnt been essential since the SNES era games.

Attached: 1544594132787.png (1280x720, 1.17M)

Play YS VIII.

Attached: Dana_Original.jpg (871x1280, 194K)

FF7, the poster boy of JRPGs, is filled with it. You grind minigames, the chocobo breeding, meeting Yuffie, and acquiring certain materia/abilities iirc.

Literally all those things are optional

*snort*
hello hello
*burp*
excuse me
jrpgs suck dude, game sucks, fuck grinding.

Attached: F04DE302-002A-40C6-BB7A-F88C7E634E90.png (956x1039, 901K)

But the rewards are significant and you are arguably missing out on core gameplay experiences if you choose to skip them. One of those things I mentioned is an entire party member with story significance

>Grinding
>In FF7 one of the easiest games in the world
Motherfucker you can bio+blind nearly every boss in the game.

You can fucking put addect effect time on clouds weapon and debuff them with slow/stop and instantly win every fight in the game from Disk 1.

>Meeting Yuffie
>Grind
You literally run into her on the world map. There is no grind to get her you dumb zoomer

he probably recently got redpilled and is trying to wake the sheeple (you)

Meeting Yuffie doesn't even require grinding the chance to meet her in a forest reaches up to 99% the farther you are in the game.

I didn't say anything about grinding levels. And you just admitted FF7 plays itself, one of my chief complaints about JRPGs. I never called the game hard, I also distinctly remember needing to fuck off to a forest and trigger random encounters until Yuffie appears

real talk, most of the zoomers who complain about jrpgs on here play them like dsp. persona 5 really exposed that with all the threads where people bitched about the game not autosaving in dungeons and losing an hour of progress because they lost a fight they were probably underleveled for.

Junon - 32/256
Gongaga - 64/256
Nibel - 64/256
>Rocket Town - 255/256
>Woodlands - 128/256
>Mideel - 128/256
Goblin/Round Island - 28/256
Dumbass

Neat. And where is this information in the game?

She appears the first encounter in every forest once you reach a point in the game.
After that if you fuck up and fail to recruit her its a very high chance she shows up in a battle.

Why the fuck are you even arguing this you retarded zoomer, go watch another one of your favorite twitch streamers play the game again since clearly you didnt.

It isn't, Yuffie is mean to be a hidden bonus much like finding Vincent or knights of the round. Do you want bright lines and quest markers for everything you damn casual?

>Why the fuck are you even arguing this you retarded zoomer, go watch another one of your favorite twitch streamers play the game again since clearly you didnt.
Chill out with the strawman autismo, I can almost guarantee I'm older than you. I just dropped the game shortly after Nibelheim I think, not sure exactly where. I didn't make it off Disc 1 because it's boring like all JRPGs.

You are informed of a materia thief prowling the woods before Junon actually.

>Do you want bright lines and quest markers for everything you damn casual?
Handholding waypoints =/= conveyance. Hidden shit in the game should at least have hints and leads about it scattered around in the main game. Not just tucked somewhere that you'll only find it by being an aimless dumbass. Not that this applies to Yuffie, I'm willing to admit I was wrong about her, but it damn well applies to a lot of useful materia.

>Not just tucked somewhere that you'll only find it by being an aimless dumbass
It's called exploring you casual.

>HEY THERE TRAVELER
>LEMME PUT A WAYPOINT ON YOUR MAP TO WHERE THE LOST TREASURE IS
>PRESS X TO WARP THERE
Why even play RPGs at that point?

>Oh you don't like spending 10 hours on the let's get big boobs-san a gift for her birthday plotline?
>What a casual
Kys JRPG fag.

>JRPGS are too grindy
>I mean they are too easy
So which is it ?

Sorry I wasn't compelled to aimlessly wander around a 2D jpeg in the hopes of finding something interesting. Defensive faggot, I bet when someone uses the same argument to defend open world games like BOTW you're right there to shut it down

>Can't read
How can this be? Aren't JRPGs mostly text?

it's hilarious to me that people imply that jrpgs are difficult in any way and you just have to be a brainlet to dislike them

Attached: 1526720247801.jpg (529x399, 26K)

Agreed. Turn-based combat needs to be forgotten.

Why even play the game if you just want to rush from x to y as fast as possible? The best part of JRPGs is finding cool hidden shit like extra party members or powerful attacks that others might not have come across. I really think the people complaining about these games have ADHD and just want to rush through everything.

>You need to grind thousand of hours to get the items you want
>Despite this the combat is easy and boring
What's confusing here?

I like JRPGs but every single one has this setting
>everybody uses swords
>lightweight cloth with the occasional pieces of steel is all that is worn by all characters
>planes and space ships are nonexistent but flying ships and blimps exist
>time travel or dimensional travel comes up in the plot at some point
>main character is below 18 years old and male
>has no flaws but also doesn't have any place in the plot aside from defeating the badguy
>has no romance despite tons of obvious love from the girls companions
>end of the world almost happens but is stopped just in time
>bad guy is 20 to 30 year old handsome long haired man or a complete monster that wants to end the world because he's crazy or has a sad backstory

Maybe expand your taste outside of final fantasy

I just read this post and I spent the entire time repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath. I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

Name some JRPGs that don't fulfill at least 5 of those things

Knights in the nightmare
Etrian odyssey
Digital devil saga
Wild arms 3

Most Smts, Persona, Radiant Historia and so on

>100 replies

yucky

everybody knows

any Touhou RPG

You don't play many games, your list is kinda retardo... seems like you played FF7 and decided that was every JRPG ever made.
off the top of my head
Nier
>old man protag, sad and flawed but loves his daughter, not above doing any work, humble
>end of the world is actually the humble sad middle aged dad, or happened a thousand years ago depending on your take on it
>no time travel, only vaguely dimension-travel insofar as the game's overall setting lore-wise being a weird spinoff of Drakengard's optional ending
>implied romantic interest but the priority is saving his daughter's life
>bad guy is actually the same sad man before he was the sad man you know.

>final boss wants to be or is a god
how tf is this supposed to be a jrpg-exclusive trope

Attached: 200px-MW-creature-Dagoth_Ur.jpg (200x200, 21K)

Etrian Odyssey, Fire Emblem, Valkyrie Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles

watch it freddy

Attached: watch it freddy.jpg (1056x871, 102K)

Can Freddy beat a 100% full power Shaggy with the infinity stone and a scooby snack?

Nobody has to convince you you entitled shitstain. This is probably why you hate them in the first place: they don't hold your hand like you expected. Just don't play them and stop complaining if you don't like it and let other people find enjoyment in them.