Best gaming combo, I can do everything up to psx and n64 flawlessly. And it only cost me $75 total...

Best gaming combo, I can do everything up to psx and n64 flawlessly. And it only cost me $75 total. Name your best budget combos for retro gaming.

Attached: 20190304_185018_HDR.jpg (1836x1836, 1.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/8Bitdo-Xstander-Holder-SFC30-SNES30/dp/B017SFNW0E
gearbest.com/game-controllers/pp_1394366.html?wid=1433363
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>And it only cost me $75 total.
How cheap is that phone?

I bought one of these for my PSPGo. It's a lot heavier than I was expecting. I basically never use it.

$35, got it at Best buy pre-paid. It's a LG pheonix 4

I also emulate on my phones on occasion.
Honestly phone emulation is super underrated.
Nowadays with the amount of space you can get on a micro SD (I have a 60gb one) you can load a shitton of games.
I probably have 30+ PSX games on my phone along with some DS, PSP, GBA and SNES titles.

If you want super accurate emulation I wouldn't tell you to go this way, but if you wanna waste some minutes here and there and don't wanna play mobile games, emulation on phones is the way to go.

Is drastic more optimized than the other nds emulators? I have trouble with emulating in on nds4droid

>mfw just discovered Steam Link App and playing Danganronpa on my phone.

Attached: 1542604230692.png (400x400, 207K)

Yes.
You can even increase the resolution.

Yeah, way more.
I paid for it since I received a google play gift card one year.
One of the few times I paid for an app.

Is there a trial I can test out? I want to make sure it works before I dish out the dosh.

Attached: themanwhosoldtheworld.jpg (728x546, 45K)

Yeah, download an apk from the internet.
If you still don't wanna feel scammed, download Google Opinion Rewards and build up your own credit over time.

Damn, no one tells me about this free money shit

Thinking of getting an Xperia xz3 for PS4 remote play as well as all the emulators. Might just go with a oneplus 6t for that delicious screen real estate. Getting sick of the iPhone X and only using chrome and messenger since there isn’t any other shit to do on it

>If you want super accurate emulation
Can't you just use RetroArch on Android? I suppose that if you have a high-end phone you should be able to use the best cores.

I've been pretty happy with that same controller and clip paired with my Moto X4.

Retroarch is fucking awful on Android.

Android sucks for platforms and fighting games.

Well, this is sad.

>over your local network
So you have to stay in your houses wifi range?
Whats the point

>cost
>5k$ pc
>50$ android
>5$ steam link
Just to play a game thats also available on mobile
Kek

Man, baits are truly shit lately. No effort at all.

I can do it in my bed.

???
But I already have everything I need for this.

What are some good games besides emulation for phones? I highly recommend the first three Dragon Quest. They are basically the 3DS ports that sadly didn't come to west in any other form. Since it's a jrpg, it's not horrible to play with touch controls.

I Tried RetroArch, it honestly wasn't worth the hassle.
And epsxe on android runs way better, is more streamlined and more user-friendly.
RetroArch feels like it's too PC oriented for a smartphone.

>256gb iPhone X Max
>steelseries mifi controller
>steelseries grip
Try to keep up poorfag

I have a setup similar except just for remoteplay and with a PS4 controller. Gf goes to sleep and I just play PS4 games on my phone. Shit is pretty cash.

>iPhone
Paying $1500 for golden sprayed shit doesn't make you seem rich.

Attached: 1369095218289.jpg (579x346, 32K)

Fate GO

I'm really tempted to buy this controller+holder setup
Does the holder presses the volume or lock buttons?
I'm kinda worried since the lock button is basically in the middle of my phone

Attached: 1549322929645.png (128x128, 14K)

Nah bro space grey FTW

Which phone do you have? Rooted non Sony or an Xperia?

Depends on where you put it, as its just a band from one side to the other.

How's GBA emulation? I already have the controller and I'm tempted to buy the holder if i can at least emulate GB/GBA decently.

>Read as SHITDOGGAMEPAD

I need to stop drinking so much

Attached: 1551722276350.png (400x715, 558K)

>imaging beign so beta that he is not allow to play videogames while his gf sleep with his bf
Kek

GBA on Android is great
I've tried out PSP, PSX, NDS, and SNES, they're all good.
Depending on your phone you might wanna mess around with your settings, but any mid-range phone made after 2016 should be able to play these at high resolutions and 60fps if that's what you want.

Stop drinking dont compensate you ileterate fuck

Aren't the DQ ports butchered

Stop going on your phone in ESL class, Pablo. You're not fooling anyone.

Good to know, I will buy one right now. Also, I have a S9+ so performance shouldn't be a problem. Thanks, user.

Attached: 1501221292929.gif (400x425, 442K)

Whats that phone grip thing? If it even has a product name, do I just search "Phone grip/holder for controller"? Also best ps and n64 android emulators?

Rooted Galaxy J7 2017. Fantastic 16:9 screen, garbage CPU. Perfect for remote play. You just can't connect he DS4 to the phone directly, but the DS4s Bluetooth range is crazy long so you can play it anywhere at home with no input lag difference.

have fun kiddo

Nigga my gf has 70 platinums. We play games all the time together. Just beat dying light and saints row gat out of hell coop together. Sometimes I can't sleep so I grab my remoteplay setup and play in bed.

The one in the photo it's specific for the 8BitDo SN30 Pro (a great controller, btw) amazon.com/8Bitdo-Xstander-Holder-SFC30-SNES30/dp/B017SFNW0E

Is there any small controllers that clipon to your phone? I don't want to carry around a giant controller everywhere

Attached: images.jpg (738x415, 36K)

Wait a sec, I posted the wrong one. That one is for the controller without sticks and don't work with the ones with sticks. Watch out for that. This is the right one:

gearbest.com/game-controllers/pp_1394366.html?wid=1433363

no it isn't you just have to not be retarded

Well yeah.

Attached: 51BxlVhouGL._SL1000_[1].jpg (1000x1000, 47K)

Meant for

Attached: 71guIwflBEL._SL1200_[1].jpg (1200x1200, 177K)

Does this have l2/r2?

8BitDo should make one of these. At least their controllers don't look so fucking ugly.

Attached: 51xpbPCwsfL._SL1000_[1].jpg (1000x1000, 45K)

Bought 4 of those controllers before the switch was ever a thing. Would play arcade emulators at the bar with friends or on days where we had long pointless waits.

I mean there are other ones, I don't know why everybody's got a hardon for 8bitdo.

Attached: 61rlZK7QmKL._SL1399_[1].jpg (1000x1399, 76K)

Wait what? Are we talking about the controller?

Well, we gotta give it to them because their products have a consistency of style, usefulness and built quality, unlike other chinese crap.

I would've bought either of these if not for the button placements.
I've been using Nintendo controllers all my life, I cannot stand the Xbox layout.

How long can you even play on full battery before it runs out?

Attached: 1550667576498.png (250x250, 97K)

>just imagine the looks he gets in public

iPega Red Knight.
20 bucks.

Attached: IMG_20190304_235156_590.jpg (1280x960, 265K)

How do you charge your phone while its on that?

Ya don't.

Thanks

Uh, you take it out and charge it, user.
The controller last 8 hours.
My phone last like 8 or so as well.

Where do you store yours? Do you have a protective bag or something? I want one so i can safely put it in my backpack.

Everything except hold the controller comfortably because it has no handles, or play any games anyone would even want to play. This is the most embarrassing gaming combo.

Coat pocket.

Oh?
And the joysticks are still good? Damn.
Thanks for the info.

I bought an 8bitdo controller and it keeps randomly freezing and I have to turn the controller off and on again to get it to work, does anyone else have this happen?

This. Spend the 3 or 4 bucks on the full version of an emulator and just download whatever rom. I use the johnEmulators and they've been pretty darn functional so far.
Last year i probably replayed/played more gba and snes games on my phone than modern games on my pc/switch/ps4 combined.

I paired up a GPD XD and a chink TV box with various 8BitDo controllers through Google Drive autosyncing of my saves to swap between handheld and TV emulation before the Switch launched. I'll eventually turn my Switch into a dedicated emulator though and have it take over that, once the inevitable hardware revision comes out.

I wish there was a back cover with slide-out gamepad, a bit like the razer junglecat, but for android instead of it being exclusively for a single iphone model.
with how small some BT controller are made by some companies, we should be able to do this and still make it so it's thin enough and adaptable to all phones, but there's no such product.

The problem would be making a case that's universally compatible.

>SF30 pro over SN30 Pro
>early model with the diagonal start select, just like a real SNES controller
Man of culture
You have opened it to fix the dpad, right?

make it like the ipega red knight controller, except only for the cover part, and for all 4 sides.
sure, the mechanical part of making that possible plus having a thin slide out controller would make your phone a tad bit thicker(not more than double its original thickness is doable), but considering the only alternative is carrying around a full controller that has to be attached to the phone or playing with a keychain sized one, it's not that big of a deal.

Either that, or make it so you can select your phone model when you buy it and they'll 3d print the suitable cover per request.

Complexity wise, it's doable, and business wise it's doable as well.

Those both seem like horrible solutions, desu.

how come?

Because nobody wants a modular case like that, it would never be the same as a snug case that actually fits your phone and it would look ugly as sin.

Likewise for some 3D-printed piece of crap. They wouldn't be functional cases.

>8bitdo
>oneplus6 bluetooth
>pokemon gaia on !myboy
>doing a blind nuzlocke run
>doing this for 12 hours nonstop during night shift receptionist job
A B S O L U T E L Y T A N T A L I S I N G

Attached: 400_1.jpg (512x400, 197K)

the modular one(i assume you mean the iipega like adaptable) would just stay on the phone once attached, so unless you remove it and put it back multiple times for no reason(the main goal of having this is to never have to remove it or attach it specifically to play), it'll be as snug as any other cover.
I agree that it'd be ugly though.

I dont understand why you say the 3d printed ones wouldnt be functional, nowadays 3d printing something like that with sturdy durable plastic is cheap as fuck.

If I saw someone pull out a controller to play a game on a phone in public i'd kill myself

Nah, the grip mount. It lets you mount the PSPGo onto a PS3 controller.

>iOS
Have fun only being able to play shitty Korean cookie clicker games faggot. Android is where emulation is at

Attached: 1543668918182.png (810x793, 576K)

Try reflashing the firmware, I had that trouble as mine was an Amazon return. If that doesn't work ask for a refund.

Haven't had any issues actually, must have gotten the creme of the crop. I've always wondered why anyone would pick the dull sn30 over the colorful buttons on the sf30.

Attached: toddlers.jpg (720x653, 43K)

Never bothered with emus on my phone. If I want one on the go, I'll just take my hacked PSP Go with me

Oh you can play a few CAVE games, that's nice. Enjoy your Bug Princess 2.

That's a thumbs up from me!

I got a nvidea shield tv for about $40
I can play just about everything up to the GameCube/Wii along with streaming up to 4k.
Otherwise I still use a PSP for on the go play

Got an iPhone se with the Logitech controller for it. Absolute god tier for game boy advance games due to the screen having the same resolution ratio