Which one?

which one?
If we were to only get one western-owned animal platformer mascot as part of the smash dlc.
Who's more likely? And who do you want?
I'm somewhat torn

Attached: guh-whoa.png (475x384, 269K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ausgamers.com/news/read/3563821/phil-spencer-id-love-to-see-mario-on-xbox
twitter.com/xboxp3/status/976118125891485696?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You people are STILL talking about Smash DLC?
Dear fucking god.

I hate that crash render I'd prefer if you used this.

Attached: image.png (736x980, 30K)

Neither. I’m sick of third party’s in smash.

I'd argue that Bajno could technically be considered 2nd party, on the same level as Pokemon. At least he was at the time of his N64 games.

>Crash
Considering he was sort of the PSX mascot. Banjo games were decent but Crash in general has a solid series and got revived.

Crash, don't care for Banjo.

They both are fan requested characters that seem likely

Plus Banjo with Phil mentioning 3 times wanting him in and Microsoft and Nintendo being close as of lately

And crash with the remastered games selling well

I personally would like banjo in since he’s an old Nintendo icon and I love the games

Crash
>Has many more games. Spanning across all platforms. And is now on Switch.
>Made a triumphant comeback recently, and is set to get more new titles (or at least remakes)

Banjo
>Started on/was exclusive to Nintendo, or were at least very relevant to them. (something that all the other 3rd parties represented in the game have in common, save for Sonic and arguably Snake)
>Phil Spencer's backing plus the Xbox & Switch crossover stuff going on

I honestly feel like they both have a pretty decent shot, imo.

Attached: 1550905604679.png (641x389, 177K)

More animal characters? I only like anime swordsmen.

Get back to work, Sakurai

Attached: 1549857936018.jpg (423x422, 12K)

Me too man. I was so disappointed when Arcade Bunny was cast as a mere assist trophy over Ridley. It was so disappointing to see characters no one wanted like Bayonetta, Cloud, and Richter Belmont take the places of Captain Toad, Rex, and Tingle

No Banjo put the chainsaw down Banjo would never have that I’m shaking rn

It's still gonna be going until Feb '20
Get over it

It will continue until the DLC has been fully announced.
Must be horrifying to think about people making video game threads on the video games board.

Crash Bandicoot because he is still relevant (even with a remake) while Banjo is dead.

The one that isn't a furry faggot, isn't from a dead franchise, and is two generations older

Attached: Game%20Nintendo%20NES-596-2__45590.1394725813[1].jpg (188x269, 49K)

But these are furries you posted

woah

guh-hut

To be honest people probably won’t stop then. they’ll just start talking about a season 2 or even the next smash game

>play Xenoblade 2 after the direct
>every other party member is better than Rex and would be more interesting to play in Smash
>it'll still just be Rex

Attached: 1516836035784.png (987x720, 588K)

I'd argue that Crash and Banjo couldn't be further apart in terms of what the games have to offer. Banjo is more comparable to Spyro. The first game specifically.

Battletoads was dead before the Microsoft buyout even happened.

Attached: 39291798_p3.jpg (565x800, 179K)

>Crash
>dead franchise
>this coming from a Battletoads nigger
you got Kill Instinct anyway. Don't be greedy.

Can I pick neither?

Battletoads faggots have been rearing their ugly heads about because of Smash. Not because of them getting a supposed new game in the works, but because they're just Smash bandwagoners. They're desperate to try and claim to being relevant.

>still talking about Smash DLC
shit is going on until 2020, calm your ass down

Banjo is barely 3rd party tbqh
he’s only counted as one due to the Microsoft purchase, had it not been for that, he’d be considered 1st/2nd party

This.
"Who gets in smash" was never about smash, half of you fuckers probably hardly play anymore. "Who gets in smash" is about your shitty favorite vidya character (That isn't already in) getting "justified" by being crammed into a jumpy boy party game where half the time you're gonna be fighting some twelve year old or autist that has a meme strategy they repeat over and over again to gain imaginary points or some BR fuck with six digit ping.
You faggots don't care about smash at all. Stop rosterfagging and start playing videogames you worthless secondaries, you absolute tools.

Fuck off.
Stop using Battletoads to falseflag retard.

Just anti Banjo shitposters with more material

*AHEM* FUCK Banjo and FUCK Crash

Attached: DymNzOiUUAAVkb4.jpg (1000x1000, 83K)

>Only reason people hate Banjo now is because of Smashtards
People need to leave him alone already. He never asked for any of this.

Attached: 1543691598545.png (745x612, 579K)

Everything revolves around the possibility of BTFO'ing Banjobros. No Toadbro would ever discredit Banjo's chances.

Main enemy is the Steveshitters. Crocbros, Ridleybros, Toadbros, they are mostly cut from the same cloth as Banjobros so if you see any one of them shitting on Banjo they are most likely a falseflagging Stevefag.

Attached: Dy-6LoDUYAEh51v.jpg (1073x934, 119K)

Please. You won't have to worry about 3rd parties opting out and not getting the first three. The other three are owned by Nintendo at least.

I want Crash please PLEASE FUCK I ONG GIVE ME CRUASH PLEPALSPEPALALEPLALPAALALSPEPLSAPPELSLAASELSPLSEAPPASEP

> thinking more people wanted rex over cloud
surely this is bait

I know how it feels to be a pro first party in a “le epin Mugen HD” world. The boyfriend of my wife wanted crash bandicoot and I told him Captain Toad would be better, and he laughed at me. Such a shame

They're all the fucking same.
It's either a:
>one of those horrible 3D Steve pics with "Ahem... It's me, Steve, from Minecraft (Yeah, THAT Steve!)"
>Dabbing Erdrick of people who swear he's going to be in
>Crash or Banjo like this one
>People who are super sure they're predicting 100% sure characters because they say so
>Doomguy pic "He's in!"

You’re not wrong

At least Banjo/Crash threads have people who genuinely want them in and invite decent discussion. Steve/Edrick shitters are just pathetic memelords that want to dab on people for wanting a character. Doombros are ok, though I don't see it happening. Can't forget the constant fake leak threads.

Attached: 1551085633732.png (1634x1344, 351K)

I'd love to have both. Stick Spyro in there and we are golden.

Love fucking victim complex that rosterfags have regarding characters they don't like, there are people that genuinely like Steve and Erdrick just like there are people that genuinely like Banjo and Crash. Banjofags, Genofags, and Isaacfags did the same shitposting from the October direct until the November direct and got considerably worse with the Grinch leak. This guy is pretty much telling how it is, and honestly I'm glad it's at a low point considering the repetitive nature of it.

I'm just tired of the retards who think they're being too funny by repeating the same meme over and over.
Smash really deserves its own board to serve as a contention zone.

Banjo. Crash just feels like wannabe Sonic.

Oh and I forgot the worst kind: the retard who unironically thinks all it takes to be in Smash is to have one game on a Nintendo console and there, Smash slot secured. This brings us to idiotic ideas like the Bravely Default cast actually being suggested. You have to be fucking mental to actually believe that has a chance of happening. Because Tiz is totally up there with Mario or Ryu in terms of importance to the industry.

Just look at how Steve threads go in contrast to Banjo threads and you'll see that Blockheads don't really care. All they want is to annoy people. Im just glad Vergeben got ass pounded into obscurity and shut the Steves up.

Im thinking of copying that dumb Good Morning meme to switch it around against the Blockheads. Gotta wait for the perfect moment though.

Crash is alive and loved by his owners. Microsoft barely acknowledges Banjo

Neither, I want Spyro

Banjofags threads either just become a shitposting battleground since banjofags are retarded enough to fall into steveposting or die in obscurity.
Plus, If they don't care why bother making those Good Morning threads? I can assure you other banjofags made them already and several times, plus the steveposters will just move to something else.

Crash. I'd do a lot of detestable things if it meant Crash would get in Smash.
I never played BK so whatever.

You'd have to be insane to choose Crash over Banjo.

Not even sure why. Banjoposters are the most wholesome of all the characterposters. We should hate Stevefags for ruining every thread

Crash

>you'd have to be insane for liking this thing more than a thing i like

>Who's more likely?
Banjo
>and who do you want?
Crash

have you considered that the inclusion of someone's favorite character might make them interested in actually playing the game?

>Let's add a character that was never on a Nintendo console instead of a character that was on 2 and saved 1.

Based retard. I take it you're from America?

nigger I can still remember the christmas where I got battletoads and a game genie. I've been playing battletoads longer than you've been alive

Would activision even want crash in smash bros?

Why is Crash more likely than Banjo? Banjo hasn't been on a Nintendo console or even associated with the Brand since pre-9/11. Crash was on a Nintendo console this very year. I'd prefer Banjo myself, but some tweets from Rare's Twitter is barely enough to call it "likely"

>let's add a character that no one outside of Yea Forums and reddit give a shit about anymore who hasn't had any good games in almost two decades
Nice.

>Would activision want free marketing in a wildly popular series that sparks renewed interest in them?

They'd both be good.

You forgot "Another leak thread, you can believe me or not I don't care, I know you have no reason to believe me and that's how you know I'm telling the truth."

Banjo games were still coming out on the GBA in like 04 or 05

its banjo.

Who?

Attached: Stevechad.png (2518x1024, 345K)

Neither. If we're getting Wetern reps the best ones would be Master Chief, Kratos, or Scorpion/Sub-Zero. Fuck Banjo he only had one good game 20 years ago, and fuck Crash, his games were never that good in the first place.

We’re getting banjo but the only other western rep we’re getting is Dragonborn

A MK character will never happen Max. Japan doesn’t give a fuck about MK

>Always relevant through frequent updates and user content
Hah. Funny joke.

As someone who grew up with a N64, gimme Crash for Smash

The banjocucks can eat a dick

>BK almost had a shot being in the N64 smash or Melee
>Even if they had the time to put them in one game it would have been a welcome addition
>I would have been almost 20 years to see them return in full HD if the "Everyone is Here" tagline made it through

They had a shot being in two smash games Yea Forums

Attached: 1530988559612.jpg (600x606, 148K)

This

I love Banjo Kazooie but I don't have interest to see on smash

>Nintendo significant character or yet another middling PlayStation refugee
Hmmmm

OHNONONONONO

Attached: new record.png (602x153, 14K)

>toads
>furries
1989/10 bait got me to reply

Attached: 1487726758340.jpg (338x254, 14K)

>I was so disappointed when Arcade Bunny was cast as a mere assist trophy over Ridley.
>characters no one wanted like Bayonetta, Cloud, and Richter Belmont take the places of Captain Toad, Rex, and Tingle
Objectively, this is the worst possible opinion.

Attached: NO TASTE.png (926x695, 820K)

I really doubt that. Considering that a lot of the additions like Jigglypuff or the Melee semiclones ended up in the game due to crunch times. Plus a few popular characters like Wario, Meta Knight, and King Dedede had yet still to be added and I doubt Banjo would had priority over them.

Fun fact: Battletoads is the only Rare series cancelled due to lack of interest

I'd rather have neither.
Both series were trash.

And your point?

Attached: You Bastard.png (725x541, 201K)

Fun Fact: Battletoads was revealed at e3 2018, so it is more relevant than banjo lol

>NO OTHER MICROSOFT CHARACTER CAN GET IN IT HAS TO BE BANJO FIRST OR ELSE!
Youch and you guys wonder why sakurai doesn't add your dead animals often

Attached: Steve Minecraft.jpg (1920x1080, 88K)

>Minecraft still getting official updates
>Minecraft still getting mods from users
>A ton of players to enjoy both
The point is that your're a fucking retard.

Crash has been on more Nintendo consoles than Banjo has

Memes =/= series popularity

Battletoads died on the gameboy as the series tanked. To the point that they cancelled a 100% complete game.
MS is just mistaking memes for popularity.

>But the games that didn't matter came to Nintendo!
The butthurt battlecry of every delusional Crash/Sora/Spyro/etcfag

the battletoads at gamestop meme died 10 years ago, & now the game got announced.

The trilogy and Crash Team Racing are games that matters, since it's an effort to reboot the franchise.

>But muh switch port
O I am laffin

Twinsanity is a cult favorite now and was a breath of fresh air after Nitro and Crash 4.

You're just being a dumbass

Attached: 1544690969298.jpg (750x692, 119K)

The Switch port is more important than anything Banjo has gotten recently.

Stevefag suicide watch since Links Awakening has been beautiful.
>All the mounting evidence of Nintendo and MS's relationship points to a Smash inclusion
>All the default skin had going for him is a now defunct leak
>Banjo has 3 seperate personal endorsements from the guy in charge who Nintendo will be negotiating with for a character
You have NOTHING and deep down you're aware of this and it INFURIATES you.
Go ahead and seethe for me you contrarian bitchboys. You kicking and screaming all the way through is just going to make victory all the sweeter for me in the end.

Dead skin walking

Attached: 1519533621615.gif (500x364, 983K)

Yeah it's a good thing Joker got that Switch port so he could get into Smash, right?

Scramble, contrarian.

Attached: 1504061650321.gif (377x372, 1.9M)

>crash has had more games on nintendo consoles
>lol none that dont matter
>okay what about these remasters that brought crash back in the mainstream
>lol yeah joker didnt get a smash port
So much goalpost moving are you a secret sonyfag?

Attached: PS4Wojak1.png (960x720, 49K)

>You mean that the random metrics for inclusion that I'm cooking up on the fly are WORTHLESS?

Attached: 1362852151926.jpg (548x575, 83K)

"GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING Yea Forums! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Steve (yes, THE Steve from Minecraft) getting confirmed in Smash Ultimate! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Fighter Pass when Steve walks into the spotlight!

>b-but Banjo has a good history with Nintendo! He’s gotta be in!
“No!”

Sorry Banjo fags, but the Microsoft rep is taken by yours truly! Why would Nintendo choose a dead character over the marketing potential of the highest grossing game of the 21st century? Sakurai went way out of his way to talk up Persona 5 before Joker's reveal, guess what other game he's talked up? That's right it's Minecraft. The DLC characters have also been confirmed to be “surprising” according to the developers, so I’m afraid your years of crying for Banjo are going to be subverted once again with the reveal of our favorite underdog! But feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!"

Attached: 3c4.png (1170x658, 380K)

I've been in a few Banjothreads where actual discussion is held with memes being thrown around. Steve threads are where it devolves into constant shitposting and shit flinging. All I do is post my retaliatory image and fuck off forever. I know it's not going to convince any of the retards, but it's catharsis for me.

Attached: grunty4.jpg (212x230, 14K)

Yea, I'm thinking hes in

Attached: He wishes he were in.png (640x546, 576K)

Links Awakening

Attached: 1518191973240.png (392x366, 119K)

Tell me again how badly Phil want's Steve in Smash brothers.....Oh wait.

Attached: 1c6fadf34c08ecddfa8a91f27d0a974131988a40_hq.jpg (545x306, 30K)

Hey Stevefags, guess what?

you all blatantly ignore posts mentioning Links Awakening in every thread, because you know it effortlessly shuts you down

Attached: 1519268467863.gif (800x430, 564K)

And how does this apply to being a viable character in Smash bros?

crash
>was once arguably the mascot of a system
>had over a dozen games over the years
>had a highly anticipated remake that has sold 10 million worldwide and even made its way to the switch
>got another remake coming to the switch and a new proper entry in the game in inevitable
>franchise has sold 40 million worldwide

banjo
>last real entry of the series killed it
>only had 2 ports for the 360 and released in a complation with around 20 games for the xbone
>only relevance today is the vocal minority who wants him in smash
>"phil wants him in" due to 2 tweets over around 4 or 5 years yet his series is dead and will never get another entry. does phil really care?
>owned by microsoft
hmmm????

Attached: 1551235477997.jpg (772x636, 108K)

*Deconfirms you* Oink Oink piggies.

Attached: Oink Oink Little Pigs..jpg (1280x720, 140K)

are you retarded? do you seriously not sense the obvious sarcasm

>.
Thanks Stevefag, I'll be sure to drop the superior version when Banjo is confirmed.

As someone who loves Arcade Bunny, anyone taking this seriously is a fool. It's the most obvious joke post I've seen.

*blocks your path*

Move out of the way!

Attached: Agumon.gif (335x261, 5K)

>Due to two tweets
>He hasn't read the interview where Phil brings up wanting to put Banjo in Smash unprompted

is this where i pretend to be retarded and treat the post like it's serious?

scalies are the same as furries you faggot

totally doesn't sound like anything a banjobro would do right bros?

>people genuinely believe that cloud was in smash because of a handheld kingdom hearts game and if he wasn't in that, he wouldn't be in

>453317328
>453317624

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING Yea Forums! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Steve (yes, THE Steve from Minecraft) getting confirmed in Smash Ultimate! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Fighter Pass when Steve walks into the spotlight!

>H-HAH! VIRGINBEN SAID THE TOPDOWN WASN’T LINK’S AWAKENING! HE WAS FINALLY WRONG! STEVE ISN’T IN SMASH!!!!!
“No!”

Yikes! That’s a large assumption. How can one “questionable” prediction instantly invalidate a history of success? Unlike your “Grinch leak” Banjocucks, Steve has a lot more distribution among other leakers. Ever heard of Hitagi, 7chan, and 5channel? And while you’re busy obsessing over Vergeben, care to explain how the topdown remake Vergeben predicted was exactly the title he said wouldn’t be featured? Seems a bit suspicious if you ask me, but feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

Attached: 6fd.png (960x960, 924K)

Its the same shit mate, same old discussion as everytime, same old memes that have been ran to the ground, same "proof" about "x" character being in, same responses to the fucking steveposters everytime, you're part of the issue.

they didn't have a shot. that's why sakurai said so because of "adult reasons" a.k.a legal reasons

This, I miss when Smash was about Nintendo All-Stars

Whoa there man don't you think you're pushing them a little too far here? I don't think they can take much more...

Attached: Based Steve.jpg (1191x670, 38K)

1st Endorsement was in 2015,
>"No issues"

2nd Endorsement in 2016, ausgamers.com/news/read/3563821/phil-spencer-id-love-to-see-mario-on-xbox
> And continuing to work with them(Nintendo) on that and building a stronger relationship... I mean if that paid dividends down the road that lead to something else, that would be fantastic. I know I get questions all the time on would I ever like to see Banjo in Super Smash Bros. and I’m, like, “yes, I would do that in a second”. And certain people think I’m saying that as some sort of PR answer and I’m, like, why wouldn’t you?

3rd Endorsement in 2018,
twitter.com/xboxp3/status/976118125891485696?lang=en

>Vocal Minority.
Lol, sure. Keep lying to yourself.

>Owned by Microsoft
With a history starting on Nintendo. Plus 3rd party ownership does not matter anymore.

Actually Banjo and Kazooie have been in more than just 2 games. Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, 2 GBA games AFTER the Rare buyout, Nuts & Bolts, Rare Replay, and made a cameo in Sonic and Sega All Stars racing.

Attached: DywAARJXQAAWvMC.jpg large.jpg (1200x1200, 233K)

Crash, though I think Banjo would be the better fit.

Having Crash, Cloud, and Snake in the same Nintendo game would be the absolute biggest middle finger to Sony and it would be great though.

Attached: 1522551253669.jpg (636x354, 53K)

well lets see where he shows his interest elsewhere because in the last 10 years, we haven't seen much of banjo from microsoft have we?

>Instant goalpost shift
Ahahahaha

You mistake our responses as fear. We just love watching you cling to relevance. We never lose hope and that just tears your asshole apart doesn't it?

Attached: 1548379998003.png (640x1136, 1.07M)

Links Awakening, cuckboy
>AHHH NO SAVE ME VERGEBEN

Are you kidding me? Have you seen minecraft's development recently? Got 100x better after getting rid of Notch's fat ass

Just remember to lift with your knees and not your back.

Attached: Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg (300x240, 32K)

>Dude pandas and refugee simulation
Minecraft is a proof of concept that never got anywhere. It's not just garbage, it's a landfill.

>one is a former Nintendo mascot
>the other belongs to Sony

HMMMMMMMMMMM, I DONT KNOW OP. GEEEBI FUCKING WONDER.

>the other belongs to Sony

Attached: 12395771.jpg (500x500, 94K)

Crash never belonged to Sony

>he talks it up in interviews just once
>doesn't show any support elsewhere, no banjo games for 10 years and none in sight.
explain how i am moving the goalpost banjobro? maybe you didn't understand me

And he’s not a former Nintendo mascot either. He’s a Sony mascot.

Quite the contrary my feeble minded sweetie, your shortsightedness is what makes you so endearing to predators

Attached: steve2.png (2199x1131, 510K)

childhood is wanting banjo
adulthood is realizing conker makes more sense

So was Cloud

Spyro.

ITS OVER BANJOFAGS

Attached: never.png (1060x714, 863K)

snake and cloud. sonic was also from nintendo's biggest competitor in the 90s

I would prefer Blinx over Banjo honestly.

Attached: 15432876669.png (400x350, 59K)

Personal bias is for Banjo as the Banjo trilogy are my favorite games ever, that being said its a hard answer either way.

Case for Crash:
>Classic PS1 vs Nintendo 64 rivalry like Mario and Sonic
>Great and recognizable, represents a whole generation and to a lesser extent represents Sony
>Hugely popular with a remaster that sold over 10 million with the Switch being the best selling (citation needs but thats what ive heard)
>Racing remaster coming this year, new core Crash rumored to be in development by N. Sane team

The case for Banjo
>Represents an old partnership with Nintendo and Rare
>Represents the N64 more than any other character would
>Microsoft and Nintendo's new relationship and rumored partnership with ports/game pass/xcloud streaming only add to the liklihood of Microsoft rep(s)
>Despite the last game being 11 years ago and being generally poorly received (fuck you I love it) Banjo and Kazooie still have a large fan base with a lot of love for the bear and bird
>Kazooie and Tooie are ripe for the N Sane Trilogy treatment despite Rare not showing much interest

Idk its really a toss up, without Cloud in Smash Id say crash would be more unlikely but with n Sane trilogy on switch and CTR Remastered on switch Crash is doing great but Banjo still has a huge interest and a pretty rabid fanbase around him and with MS and Nintendo being in bed and Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie/Rare Replay a 90% likely switch port Banjo in smash representing the complex history of Nintendo and Rare would be great.

Idk it could go either way, I'd honestly love both to be in tbch. If we got Crash, Banjo, Rayman, and Spyro that'd be my most ideal DLC but im a big 3D platformer head

gex 4 smash

Definitely Banjo, but honestly I'd be okay with Crash too.

Attached: Mumbo_Jumbo.png (1464x1557, 1.47M)