What was your reaction when this happened?

What was your reaction when this happened?

Attached: cloud smash bros.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CK5gdf5cMPM
youtu.be/_CQRcc9sFqM
youtu.be/7wG_Yb3i1ko
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: kirby3.jpg (430x545, 75K)

Attached: 1547255561198.png (273x375, 9K)

Nobody will believe me if I say I wasn't surprised.

FFFFFUUUUUUUU

Attached: 1537170149028.png (633x900, 140K)

Attached: 1508859657389.jpg (2758x1822, 481K)

>Not Doomguy
Meh, try harder.

>years of non-stop jokes about him never being in Smash since the Brawl days
>it actually happens

Attached: 1533774219842.gif (480x270, 1.01M)

I dislocated my jaw and sprained my wrists trying to contain my excitement

>friend at work tells me cloud confirmed
>thought he was joking
>laugh and say "thats the most retarded fucking thing I've heard today"
>mfw he shows me the trailer

Attached: 1551500113294.gif (300x300, 313K)

extreme disappointment, because I hate it when the series continues to move away from core nintendo characters. it's a losing battle though, so I don't let myself get too upset.

Why not Erdick?

Attached: 1549326664456.jpg (750x896, 405K)

i agree with this its ridiculous at this point

Attached: nintendo all stars?.png (1571x903, 1.49M)

Gaming icons like Cloud and Ryu>D-list Nintendo characters like Geno and Waluigi.

geno and waluigi are on completely different tiers.

Attached: 1530580425883.png (456x900, 393K)

Nah, it's even fucking better.

>None of my friends knew who he was

Attached: 1463531057294.jpg (412x430, 29K)

Sony seems to look back on their past and the gaming icons that defined them with scorn now so I'm happy Nintendo is willing to not let them be forgotten.

it blew my mind

literally only 6% of the game atm are third party you autists

>gaming icons
>first game contained jigglypuff
it was never about general gaming icons. the soul of the franchise is nintendo. the non-nintendo shit is just for sales or to satisfy the shitbabbys

Neutral, but kind of surprised. Don't care for the character or the series he came from.

I had long lost interest in Smash 4 at that point so I honestly don't remember

What?
Are they 12?

Mid-twenties, all of them. Normalfags don't know him I guess, despite FF7 being huge.

"Did NOT see this coming"
Followed by
"WTF Cloud before Sora?

"I hope he's not a fucking Shulk clone."

Shut the fuck up Nintendy-only child.

Attached: 8.jpg (240x172, 13K)

Would have preferred to see something squaresoft from the snes days whether it be ff iv or vi, or better yet chrono Trigger.

indifferent, i am not an ff7 fan
my favorite ff is ffmq

my favorite ff is crystal chronicles
its the only ff game ive actually had fun playing

I cried, fuck you guys no bully

why the fuck would sora be first
neither of the two has any real connection to nintendo, but cloud's much more recognizable

>shitty costumes
>no assist trophies
>no spirits
>only two songs, not even a remix.
yay

I said "who?"

Never played an FF game. RPGs, especially JRPGs, are a snoozefest.

Think to myself “wait what about geno” I thought Cloud was the most weirdest inclusion in the series.

>Play online
>Comfy play
>1 guy have to leave
>A fucking Cloud joins the game
>Starts lagging like shit
Why are spics 3rd worlder playing as him

Does anyone even play that slut? Literally never seen her online

Attached: main[1].png (461x469, 288K)

>Holy shit they actually did it
Shit was a fucking wild ride, not gonna lie

Attached: 1541703680816.png (1000x870, 46K)

tierwhores dropped her once they realized they can't get free wins anymore with her

Megaman and Castlevania (especially Simon) have a very strong association with Nintendo so they’re alright.

It’s about more than just nintendo now, sakurai himself said that

Okay but which one of their social links has a romance option?

Attached: 1551715398542m.jpg (1024x576, 50K)

Anime swordsman

Attached: BlackMage-Victory.gif_c200.gif (200x200, 3K)

Snake, Bayo, Joker and the echos are the only ones that arguably aren't icons. The rest definetely deserve it.

I don´t like FF but I thought it was still cool because it showed how broad the character pool for posible DLCs can be.

I hate playing against him now desu.

Any important core Nintendo character is already in.

K. Rool is a signal we are scrapping the bottom of the barrel now.

Jigglypuff was relevant at the time, being a regular in the anime.

She did overstay her welcome.

>Ridley is a signal we are scrapping the bottom of the barrel now.
Fixed your post

>implying this isn't the greatest Smash reaction of all time
youtube.com/watch?v=CK5gdf5cMPM

they nerfed her hitboxes with no regard to knockback or knockback angles. Several moves no longer function correctly 80% of the time

"Hah. the madmen actually did it"

Trailer made him seem really underwhelming though.

>watching reaction vids
Kill yourself
Seriously, do it.

t. guy who made a reaction video that only got 17 views

didn't hear about it until about 6 months later because even though I played the game when it first came out I realised it was trash and stopped paying any attention to news related to it. when I did find out I thought it was kinda cool since some people have been asking for him for a long time and it was kinda a meme because no one thought it was possible. personally I have no interest in the character though

I reckon you're getting 4 more third party characters for DLC, looks like Nintendo are only interested in cross-promotional DLC at this point. feelsbadman

It's because of people with similar video game interests/attitudes that cross-promotional character picks get in and actual fans of the game don't get what they want

>I don't like them, so they're bottom of the barrel!
You guys don't even deserve a brainlet image, here's on with just no head.

Attached: 1506621136663.png (211x239, 6K)

>literally WHO

Never forget Brawl Taunts or those countless Smashboards/Newgrounds threads that wanted Cloud in Smash. youtu.be/_CQRcc9sFqM

Attached: Screenshot_20190227-215524_Chrome.jpg (810x1469, 288K)

My reaction peaked with Mega Man. Anything afterwards is just icing on the cake.

Yeah, Waluigi still shows up in games.

I didn't hate it, he deserved it, but I never really cared about FF.

I also have to wonder why they were so dead set on getting Cloud. Again, I understand he's an iconic but SE must have been a total bitch to negotiate. Him getting must've gotten quite a penny to the point they probably could've gotten some other iconic character with far less hassle and even more content/rights usages.

Square could'n't even be asked to let Nintendo use PNG pictures of FF related content. Like what the absolute fuck.

All of them (except maybe Joker, if you don't count that 3DS spinoff game) have some kind of connection to Nintendo though.
>Snake
MGS Twin Snakes was a GameCube exclusive.
>Sonic
Sega started to make Sonic games for Nintendo consoles after the Dreamcast died.
>Megaman
A Nintendo classic.
>Pac-man
Has had various games on Nintendo consoles.
>Ryu and Ken
Street Fighter 2 was a huge title for SNES.
>Cloud
Final Fantasy I - VI used to be Nintendo exclusives (admittedly Cloud is the biggest stretch since you have to look at him as a representative of FF as a series instead of just FF VII).
>Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2 became a Wii-U before she was included in Smash, plus she's confirmed to be co-owned by Nintendo now.
>Simon and Richter
Castlevania used to be a NES and SNES staple.
Unexpected third party characters are always hype but I hope Nintendo doesn't go too overboard with them, because that's just going to water down the shock value over time.

Attached: 1450588125062.png (1598x600, 1.22M)

nobody fucking cares about any of this but it's stupid that people insist all the characters must belong to Nintendo in the first place. btw Cloud actually appeared in a few Kingdom Hearts games on the GBA, DS and 3DS

wow cool

Pretty much this, Cloud was the moment where I just completely stopped caring about the roster. Cause now literally anyone can get in. People are taking about Minecraft and Halo shit getting into Smash5 and yeah it's totally possible. I see no reason anymore to speculate or care about the roster now, it's just literally whatever will make money.

Attached: exited-businessman-front-computer-monitor-29267734.jpg (1300x957, 104K)

why do you not want whatever will make money if it's what the fans want enough to purchase? don't you want fans to get what they want? not trying to talk shit but I just want to understand you people. I can see why it's shitty that they'd bring in characters to promote the game to new people but I don't think it's a big deal, they can't bring many new people anyway

what would your reaction be

Attached: witchermonhun.jpg (1400x1400, 209K)

a character not originating from a video game? now we finally get to have Goku!

I just don't really care anymore. It was fun speculating when there was a sense of "rules". But now to me, it's not really worth caring about anymore cause it could be anyone literally. And I guess I want them to make money cause I own some stocks of Nintendo and want their stock to go up. But there's no personal attachment any longer.

shit

>Didn't recognize the protagonist of one of the biggest and iconic games of the late 90's
Hello underage.

Attached: FF7_magAd_Cloud.jpg (640x487, 355K)

>a waste of resources
Why they didn't choose someone from the FF Crystal Chronicles franchise, which has a long history of being Nintendo only, still has me puzzled.

Attached: NO.gif (245x200, 2.19M)

I thought it was a dumb move and still do. Smash was about Nintendo All Stars.

because Cloud got "1/4 to 1/3" of the smash ballot votes for final fantasy characters, higher than any other character from the series

Finnally a western character

Complete smug satisfaction
I enjoyed my victory lap around the "muh nintendo only" autists.

Attached: 1529876407052.gif (600x580, 472K)

I'm 22

*snorting laughter*

Attached: med_1534331396_image.jpg (640x454, 49K)

Have you never shown a trailer, or an interesting piece of information to a friend, or watched a movie you've already seen with a friend who hasn't, to see what they think of it?
That's all it is. Watching someone else experience for the first time a moment you enjoyed lets you vicariously relive that moment, because that same moment can never give you the same feeling again.

well then you're just an idiot to be honest

My main for life was announced so something like this

Attached: 1551148808304.gif (500x276, 772K)

Him being DLC made it way less impactful. In fact I was pretty much expecting him

>extreme disappointment, because I hate it when the series continues to move away from core nintendo characters
There are no more core nintnedo characters. Most of the core characters got in brawl anyway like diddy, metaknight, dedede, wario, and R.O.B.
4's newcomers were people like Robin, Lucina, Greninja, Palutena and Shulk

>Toad
>Waluigi
>Eevee-family
>Bandanna Dee (who is effectively the fourth main character in 25+ year franchise with no breaks)

am i wrong for thinking you can consider these missing "core nintendo" characters even though i dont actually like any of them?

Attached: 1468450982914.jpg (657x1743, 320K)

Okay

youtu.be/7wG_Yb3i1ko

>Toad
Literally already in the game as Peach's counter attack.
>Waluigi
Agreed, he should be in.
>Eevee family
There's already enough gen 1 Pokémon in Smash (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard).
>Bandanna Dee
Agreer, Kirby is long overdue for another fighter.

Mega Man, Castlevania, and now Bayonetta all feel like they fit in with other Nintendo series. There's little reason to argue their inclusions.
Final Fantasy and Megami Tensei both have strong Nintendo ties. Even if their representatives don't one finally has their game ported while the other will likely follow suit soon.
Pac-Man and Namco in general have had plenty of Nintendo collabs over the years, including the last two/three Smash games.
Sonic and SEGA are in the same boat as above since the end of SEGA's console days, and even then the pure idea of Mario fighting his original industry rival is magical.
Metal Gear is one of the weaker inclusion in terms of Nintendo history, but the series's early success largely stemmed from the NES ports. In addition, the series has had a couple of notable rereleases on Nintendo consoles, including Twin Snakes and Snake Eater 3D.
Street Fighter doesn't have very strong Nintendo ties in particular, but it is an extremely iconic series that represents classic fighting games better than any other series could. The series has also indeed had notable releases on Nintendo platforms since the fourth generation, from successful SNES ports to the recent exclusive Ultra Street Fighter IV: The Final Challengers for the Switch.

Basically, every third-party up to this point deserves to be in Smash for one reason or another as a celebration of Nintendo's prolific history. Besides, it's pretty disappointing if you can't even say a single one of them is fun to have fight against Nintendo's greats.

In what world is Mega Man and Castlevania more iconic than Metal Gear? People wanted Mega Man and Simon cause they are both long running series with a strong association with Nintendo, but neither series sells particularly well. Like I think only 2 Mega Man games have sold over a million, meanwhile every mainline Metal Gear game has sold over 4m. Snake is much more iconic.

>bandanna dee
>4th main character
C'mon man, even if kirby has been going for 25 years dee was only a recent addition if not a small one at that, adeline would make a better case, hell marx would make a better case

yeah i was just spitballing about drafting for a hypothetical game way in the future. I have no idea how they can sell Toad as a fighter but i feel like they gotta squeeze out something

id be totally down for rotating out Jiggs and Pichu, maybe Incineroar if it meant some newer pokemon while keeping the size manageable

>Snake
>not an icon
The fuck are you talking about

Adeleine would make for a kino choice.

Attached: 1540771719043.jpg (324x400, 18K)

never played FF7 so I was just like "Oh, neat."
I have since played FF7 up to the parth where you get to the bar for the first time and now I'm like "How is this game so popular?"

Attached: 50221166_746894052335153_4122049073689657344_n.png (536x466, 109K)

Chief is gonna be in and make so much money, fuck Nintendorks

Attached: DmJI2LjUwAAUVx5.jpg (512x308, 44K)

Geno isn't a Nintendo character

Absolute surprise. The previous third party characters themselves had some significant links with Nintendo but Cloud didn't (I'm well aware FF as a whole did, I'm not one of those autists who hates Cloud due to his scant Nintendo appearances).

I don't think there's many left who could top the shock value of Cloud. The Belmonts and their reveal were my personal favorites but objectively they weren't nearly as unexpected. The only option I think could rival or come close to Cloud would be Doomguy, unironically. He'd be incredibly surprising to see toned down from his source material and he'd knock down a widespread arbitrary community conception of newcomer candidates that's existed for forever ("M-M-MUH NO WESTERN CHARACTERS").

why do Ryu and Ken look so goddamn ugly

It was the day I finally swore off all future Smash.

Yeah, but since Bayonetta's a Nintendo exclusive at this point she almost qualifies as a Nintendo character. She also got voted into the game and was the official winner of the ballot, so she's a special case.

Attached: 1491354083738.jpg (768x960, 102K)

What would your reaction be if this happened?

Attached: NO.jpg (600x420, 37K)

>thinking ryu looks worse than he does in sfv and mvc:i
>thinking ken looks worse IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM than all of his 3d appearances
You can't be serious

>what is hot ryu
>what is Ken with story costume

cringe

Attached: 1550102705472.jpg (995x933, 87K)

user, i think your missing the REAL candidate for another kirby rep

Attached: 1526978821830.png (474x331, 95K)

Snake is the MGS2 version, the one that died in the tanker.