ITT: shoo-ins for Smash 6

ITT: shoo-ins for Smash 6

Attached: D0xS-h5XgAELxm7.jpg (960x720, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GH9u4eZQGk8
youtu.be/OT_a9U4Y1AY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Waluigi, I can imagine, if only because there's a fucking ocean of memes about it already. But I dunno, nothing against Isaac, but can he really catch on with the mainstream enough to get considered like the second K. Rool?

Then who's the new Simon?

Bombeman

The next retro rep is right here.

Attached: Lip Smash moveset.png (959x2414, 450K)

The most deserving third party they could possibly consider next to Mega Man who's had a consistent but not huge fanbase for a long time? Bomberman's a good choice, Ryu Hayabusa is so-so. If you factor out the old school angle, then honestly I'd say Phoenix Wright.

Patternfagging has gone too far

Smash fans can amaze us at times

>new Pokémon shill monster
>at least one FE newcomer
>more generic mooks from Mario
>not a single fucking newcomer for Zelda or at least nobody outside the Triforce
There are your guaranteed reps. Anything else is up in the air.

If Echos are still a thing, Shadow and Octolings

Who would Tails be?

depends, either a normal trophy or a 2 star spirit

>not a single fucking newcomer for Zelda or at least nobody outside the Triforce
This would be an issue if people wanted a Zelda rep for more than just the sake of having a new Zelda rep. People didn't want a Metroid rep, they wanted Ridley. Same for DK and K. Rool. There's no consensus on what Zelda character should get in, because frankly no one else needs to.
That said, BotW Lizalfos is my pick.

Attached: lizalfos.jpg (700x322, 35K)

>not an Octorok with all the alt costumes being different designs

Better question: who are the shoe-ins to get booted in The Great Purge?

Normal Mode Mode: no third parties
Hard Mode: also no Echoes or blatant clones
Dante Must Die: don't make it just a list of fighters YOU want gone

It's shoe-ins, user as in, they've already got one foot in the door.

Don't be a diamond dozen fag.

I wanna say out of third parties staying
mega man, Sonic, snake, pac man, and joker
Bayo is kinda first party at this point but count her if you wanna
square is hard to deal with and Capcom doesn't need two reps (Atlus and Sega count as different probably), though I wouldn't mind the Belmont's staying

Cloud is the only character that I think is a 100% sure cut.
Play BotW, they gave the lizalfos way too much cool shit to work with. All the elemental varieties, camouflage, spitting water, tongue attacks, tail swipes, spears, boomerangs, etc.
Plus it'd be a better way to represent the game than Link but with slightly different bombs and doubled arrows.
I would also accept a Lionel.

I suppose you mean which characters are getting cut right?

as much as I love Punch-Out I don't see Mac staying if they reboot from the ground up

Pichu and Young Link.

Attached: 475.png (514x506, 390K)

I'd still rather have an enemy that debuted in the first game and has been in nearly every title over a character that only appeared in a handful of games

Attached: Octorok2.png (240x155, 60K)

I feel like Spring Man would be upgraded way before those two.

Most characters who were turned into assist trophies were usually because

>they don't really work well as playable characters (Andross, Dr. Kawashima, Arcade Bunny)
>they're not important/relevent enough to warrant prioritising them for playable status (Waluigi, Ashley, Lyn, Takamaru)

Spring Man on the other hand only got screwed over because ARMS came too late for the project plan and the fact that Nintendo was deciding the DLC this time around instead of Sakurai, so for now all he could get was an assist trophy. If ARMS 2 happens he'll be Smash 6's Inkling.

Attached: shitiputupwith.png (400x577, 290K)

Only Waluigi is a shoo-in because of his big outcry that even Reggie noticed. Isaac is an unironic never ever though. Golden Sun is fucking dead and not coming back. It has no important legacy and Isaac is a nobody. K. Rool only got in because of the ballot, and guess what, there is no ballot this time.

Attached: 1537293934564.gif (600x338, 916K)

Rex and Spring Man. Sakurai was clear about those two. Definitely a Three Houses rep if they don't pop up in the DLC.

>bayonetta
>cloud(100% because of how stingy square has been with FF)
>rob
>wii fit trainer
>lucario
>corrin
>pichu
>dr. mario
>richter
>young and toon link
>the miis
>cut pokemon trainer and replace him with charizard, venusuar, and blastoice as thair own seperate characters
>K. rool
that still depends on how many characters the great purge intails.

What are her chances?

Attached: Ms_Pac-Man.jpg (174x278, 14K)

Skull Kid has been stupidly popular for years. Where the fuck have you been?

> Cutting K.Rool after all the praise he got and the years of demand from fans

Rex isn't happening boy. Two Xenoblade games will come out by the time Smash 6 is in development, they'll pick the newest protagonists of those games instead.

> Cloud is literally the 2nd most popular vidya character ever
> Thinking he will ever be cut
YIKES

All of this is wrong except ROB, Richter (Replaced with Alucard) & Dr. Mario

Marth got in Melee despite not being the newest FE protagonist of the time though

Skullkid's support dropped like a rock for a while, he only got a boost around Ultimate. I wouldn't even say he gets as much support as Isaac, and I like MM a whole hell of a lot more than every GS game put together.
Have you ever heard of the small company "Square Enix"? There's no way he makes it into the next base game. Potentially DLC so they can slurp up them DLC dollarydoos.

Marth was the first ever protagonist of the series (which makes him more comparable to Shulk) and he starred in more than one game

If that was the case, Elma would have gotten in with Shulk. I said Sakurai was clear with them for a reason.

At least one Pokemon (Pichu if I had to guess)
At least one FE character (Probably Chrom or Lucina)
Snake, Belmonts, and Cloud if Rights get funky
I hate to say it, but I can see Lucas getting screwed over again

>cloud being cut is wrong
>almost didn't appear in ultimate
>still only has 2 songs and no spirits
kek

Attached: 1539881766836.png (1600x1597, 858K)

It'd be retarded but I can see Nintendo/Sakurai doing it.
I'm honestly shocked that Elma or Cross didn't even get into Ultimate. I'm indifferent on XBX but it could've made for some interesting setpieces for stages.

Attached: 1539391626725.png (1599x1305, 3.93M)

Anyone still mad over the fact that literal who Joker got in over someone like Banjo?

Attached: D0xb6jgU4AAuLEp.jpg (800x450, 46K)

I'm not mad because I'm not retarded enough to believe that Nintendo would be willing to allow a first party competitor's character in their game, regardless of what Phil Spencer says on Twitter.

I don't have a problem with Joker himself but I'm angry that third party autists and diluting the Nintendo all-stars thing.

should have been an alt costume

And Banjo's not a literal who?

No, because I'm not stupid enough to think that an Atlus character getting in kept a Microsoft character out.
Plus, I like both Banjo and Joker, so either one getting in is a good thing for me.

Banjo is more of a literal who in gaming circles than Joker you dummy.

You start.

People are ignoring the fact that the next game is coming out in 10 years. The support of all the irrelevant characters will drop dead in favor of new characters and IPs. Characters like Isaac and Geno won't be as big as they are now because people won't care about them anymore. With that said, I do agree that Spring Man is guaranteed in the next Smash if a sequel to Arms comes out, there also might be another one or two assist promotions. The second might go to Waluigi because of the outcry over him(or it may not, after all Sakurai ignored Ridley for over 10 years so who knows), and the third is a wild card that depends on which assist trophy is relevant or popular at the time. I want to say Ashley since she's in a similair position to Isabelle, but unless WarioWare on the Switch sells like hotcakes then I don't think she'll happen.

>trying to force characters as THE NEW ______

Attached: 1550640778460.png (635x541, 202K)

>comparing some shitty meme character with Ridley

>mfw tais becomes an assist trophy that works like an AI final smash (by ramming opponents with the tornado)

No, because I'm not an autistic faggot who gets upset over character additions that I didn't want.

isaac is from a dead series whereas k rool was an older character from a series that is still relevant and getting releases to this day

I'm not mad as much as I am simply not enthused that a THIRD PARTY flavor of the month got in. It also makes me call into question Sakurai's claim that Nintendo procured the list of DLC candidates for him to choose from. How lucky is it that it included the MC from one of Sakurai's most adored games whose mainline entries are also Sony exclusive?

>cutting ROB
Old dudes are half the roster of Smash Bros. RoB is old as balls, he’s staying

Fuck off zoomers

> BBUT ZOOMER!
Not an argument

Characters that have had over a decade of support can and will hold out another one

Bogdanoff is in.

Attached: 1528244404149.png (1714x1711, 3.43M)

The problem is that anything that isn't in that's third party is probably gonna get in as DLC. And if Isaac didn't get in for Ultimate, which features practically anyone under the sun at this point then what the fuck hope does he have for Smash 6?

>k rool was an older character from a series that is still relevant and getting releases to this day

>isn't in them anymore

Attached: ohboi.jpg (378x303, 25K)

The mainline entries in the Shin Megami Tensei series are Nintendo exclusive though.

>See you in smash, Banjo!

Attached: goku.jpg (314x177, 20K)

No they're not.

Banjo saved the N64 along with Mario and Zelda, Joker did shit for the video game industry

>End of final Smash direct
>Smash logo flashes across the screen
>This starts playing
>youtube.com/watch?v=GH9u4eZQGk8
How would you react? Yes, I picked it because it would work better for a trailer than Cha-La

>actually thinking isaac (ANOTHER SWORD BOY) is getting in when the games he represents are garbage

Attached: 20.jpg (255x182, 13K)

Moveset isn't the only major aspect people question about Waluigi.

>And if Isaac didn't get in for Ultimate, which features practically anyone under the sun at this point then what the fuck hope does he have for Smash 6?

I guess by hoping that Golden Sun is miraculously revived by the time the next Smash rolls out

>Shadow
Are you fucking retarded?
He's never even been in a good game, if anything Tails should be the sonic clone

Attached: 78458988.jpg (338x507, 96K)

Fuck off underage frogposter

You're forgetting that Geno's support dropped off the face of the earth during Smash 4, and only got a resurgence in Ultimate because of the Geno mii outfit that Sakurai made. It doesn't help that most of his support was bandwaggoning from people who didn't even play Super Mario RPG. Mark my words, a decade from now people won't be screaming for Geno's name anymore.

It's much easier to reintroduce a dormant character to a series than it is to revive a series.
That's why Dixie was in Tropical Freeze, K. Rool will be in the next DK game, and another Golden Sun is so unlikely.
But you're baiting anyway.

Name a single time Tails has done a homing attack.

>waah waah I want another sword boy!!!!!

Attached: 154487796425.jpg (500x625, 17K)

>He's never even been in a good game
So what?

Not that guy, but Rivals 2.

Anyone actually paying attention to its devs wouldn't call it miraculous, they've hinted interest at making RPGs again, and if they do, it'll be GS. They only make Tennis, Golf, and RPGs, so if they make two more games on the Switch, at least one of them has a better than evens chance of being GS

Name a single time Shadow was in a good game

GS is my childhood but come on you can't say that Isaac is "very popular" with a straight face

>K. Rool will be in the next DK game

To be fair, there probably isn't going to be another DKC game for a long time, especially now with Retro working on Metroid again for the foreseeable future

Doomguy

Why the fuck should he be in smash if all he represents is the shit zombie years of the franchise?
Modern sonic being in Smash instead of classic sonic is already bad enough, he looks so fucking out of place next to classic Megaman, Pacman, Mario etc

Still sad that characters like Krystal and Sceptile (or any other Gen 3 Pokemon), who had a ton of support during Brawl are practically forgotten now by the majority of the Smash fans.

The Sonic & All-Stars Racing games

He's not a "shoe-in" but Star Allies really brought back his relevancy and he was added as a boss for Ultimate. He's still probably as likely going to end up being an AS in the next game.

Attached: Marx.jpg (1333x600, 68K)

I didn't say when it would come out, just that K. Rool would be in it.
And who knows, isn't this year DKC's 25th anniversary or something?

>Why the fuck should he be in smash
Because he's by far the second most popular Sonic character.

Sonic Battle

thanks for proving my point

I feel like Krystal getting an assist trophy and a legendary spirit are probably indicators that she did well on the ballot. She kinda get a lot for a character that stopped appearing in her series a long time ago, only thing missing is some kind of Mii Fighter outfit.

There was sort of a resurgence for her during the ballot period, her Smash 4 support thread on Smashboards had over 300 pages. Meanwhile Geno only had like, around 90.

Attached: foxkrystal.jpg (1200x675, 132K)

Please. Christ no. Enough Sakurai-era wanking.

>you can't say that Isaac is "very popular" with a straight face
Look at the non rigged polls not done by Sakurai. He's in the top 5 almost every time.

What point?

You're an underage reddit faggot who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Corrin

>This character should be in because X!
>No, THIS character should be in because Y, and X doesn't mean anything!
Enough of this bullshit, we all know Sakurai does whatever the fuck he wants and gives no shits about whether a character "deserves" to be in or not.

I'd rather have the Daytona car get into Smash if we're getting a All Stars Racing rep

Attached: firefox_2019-03-04_17-03-36.png (696x507, 602K)

This, when are we getting the guy on the box of FIFA, GTA John and CoD Jim. They're the most popular games out there and deserve to be in smash

>Marx rises from the grave and squeezes into smash before blandana dee
would be pretty fantastic

Would Nintendo let Camelot make a new GS game though? They might as well either reboot the series or remaster/remake the original GBA duology on Switch to get introduce new people to the titles.

Then you're better off wishing for Sega to make a Smash clone. At least they could do a better job than So(n)y Allstars since they have good characters to pick from.

What, you'd prefer Magalor instead?
Honestly, I'm fine with just about any Kirby rep old or new. Taranza, Susie, Darouch, Galacta Knight and so on are perfectly good reps.

It' just Marx seems to be considered one of the more popular characters.
If a fourth rep is ever added, the most likely candidates would end up being Marx, Bandana Dee or Dark Matter.

That would have to be retro fan favorites like Simon, so probably either Crono or Ryu Hayabusa.

Throwing around baby's first buzzwords in a desperate attempt to fit in is not a point.

Attached: back to reddit.png (396x382, 155K)

I'm still a little mad he got picked over the reason why his series exists as we know it

Attached: 46852926_p0.png (1200x1200, 1.06M)

Oh fuck yes. Infinitely better than hat goomba.

Time traveller here.

>Professor Layton
>Monster Hunter
>KOS-MOS
>Dr. Robotnik
>Dante

Attached: Sakurai fuck you.jpg (343x343, 18K)

>He says this while using the "le anime sword man" buzzword to begin with
Again kill yourself underage redditor. You don't know anything.

No one except third parties are getting cut unless they are going to do some massive reboot and have a tiny character roster of less than 20 characters. If that were the case this will be your 20 character roster.
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser
Donkey Kong, K Rool
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf
Samus, Ridley
Kirby, Dedede
Fox, Wolf
Pikachu, Mewtwo
Marth, Robin
Villager
I don't think the original 12 are safe if it's going to be a huge reboot

>drawn in an anime style
>wields a sword
Not a buzzword. Playing Golden Sun on an emulator last week doesn't make you "old", by the way. Lurk at least two years before posting and stop trying so hard.

Diddy Kong and Yoshi will never be cut.

If we're going to get a psychic swordsman, wouldn't Masked Man be better than fucking Isaac?

How about no

> Cutting Isabelle
Good one

And out of those 20 characters I listed, which one will be cut for Diddy and Yoshi?

Pauline
Eevee
Alucard
Octolings
maybe marx
young link, corrin maybe lucario or jigglypuff

>Krystal
Fuck off

Attached: Insadiroar.png (1280x1655, 1.22M)

Masked Man isn't drawn in an anime artstyle so he doesn't appeal to Mexicans, the Fire Emblem crowd or zoomers.
Would be an infinitely better pick than any Reddit Sun character though.

Attached: the_masked_man_suddenly_attacks__by_hextupleyoodot-da042z4.png (1280x720, 1.01M)

Waluigi, Skull Kid and Ryu Hayabusa are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

K. Rool is my favorite smash character and he's the only one I've wanted for years, but Diddy will stay over him.
Wolf or Ridley would be cut long before Yoshi if we're being realistic.

Marth is the only FE character required. Shouldn't be any more than him.

>"iconic camera angle" in the Rathalos picture
>trying to pass off the sunset in K Rools trailer as a "Golden Sun" and not iconic DKC imagery
>falling for every leak and fake photoshop, and not just the Grinch one

Isaac is the new Ridley, and not in the way you're thinking.

Attached: ridley is playable.jpg (947x6465, 1.97M)

>It's another "my opinion is more important than yours " episode

>wouldn't this character from a series that already has two characters be better than someone from a new series

How? Even if the Masked Man wasn't a clone his psychic moves are things we've seen from both Ness and Lucas.

No Japan-only characters allowed, Lucas only got in because Sakurai thought Mother 3 would be released in the West too.

>most of his support was bandwaggoning from people who didn't even play Super Mario RPG
This will never be true, no matter how many times you repeat it
>people won’t be screaming for Geno’s name anymore
I definitely won’t but not because I don’t want him, but because Ultimate was his last chance to get in. Ultimate was the “everyone’s here” game where even Ridley got in. If he didn’t make the cut this time he’s literally never getting in.

>100% cut
Cloud, squae seems to be a bitch a deals
>very likely
Echoes and clones in general
>somewhat likely
Lolandumb picks, retros and other 3rd parties
>50/50
Unique FEggots, mario FAT and pokemon FAT like Rosalina and Incineroar
>unlikely
Jigglypuff and other 1st party non-mcs not mentioned above or bellow
>what the fuck sakurai
Any 1st party mc not mentioned above or below
>100% Saved
og 12 except jiggs, bowser, peach, zelda, ganondorf, ddd, meta knight and inkling.

Why should Shadow be in smash?

Plant, Cloud and maybe a Konami rep

Because he's the second most popular Sonic character and has the ability to be a unique character or an echo if need be.

I would expect a 1+2 remake for that reason myself

Why not Knuckles or Tails then, the two characters that non-autists actually like and remember?
To everyone outside of the literally autistic modern sonic fanbase, no one likes or really knows who Shadow is.

If you showed Shadow to someone that grew up playing the first three games but dropped Sonic after it went 3D and turned to shit, they'd probably just say "oh, so what, its evil sonic with guns? Thats really stupid"

Not him but Masked Man still has his sword and his mechanical jetpack to play around with.
But if we're going with new series, I'd prefer unique characters over another anime man with a sword. I'd rather even have Bubble Bobble or fucking Dig Dug over Isaac. At least they actually had an impact on the industry.

>Isaac
>shoe-in
It will never happen unless if a new GS game comes out

t. Isaacfag

Attached: LWPIlRL.jpg (640x633, 62K)

Here's your swordsman.

Attached: Dirk_the_Daring-0.png (320x500, 104K)

didn't mean to quote

>Camelot getting two reps
>even though Nintendo is still butthurt about how much money they wasted on sports game intros
not a chance

Attached: 1473395584442.png (600x728, 436K)

We did it, Isaac bros. Isaac's finally in Smash.

Attached: binding of isaac.png (1024x576, 423K)

>don't know anything
>provides no argument to back his point
good job exposing yourself

Attached: 1475439685526.jpg (640x480, 40K)

>2 more sword characters, both Capcom reps
>an anime robot waifu
Layton and Robotnik I can get behind at least.

unironically better than psychic fire emblem echo fighter

Waluigi baffles me. Guys in nothing but side sport and party games yet his fanbase is pretty big. Why nintendo has'nt tried making a game something to capitalize on this is beyond me.

His memedom is big but he doesn't have much of a sincere fanbase.
Even then, people would still probably buy a Waluigi game if it was decent.

Attached: waluigi.jpg (3024x4032, 1.71M)

>CommanderVideo trophy in 4
>Shovel Knight/Shantae spirits and a Shovel Knight AT in Ultimate
Who's gonna be the first indie character in smash 6, bros?
My money's on Quote

crying about muh animu swordsmen isn't an argument either, especially when the character in question does more than just swinging his sword

What character already in the game is like this?

Attached: image.png (481x720, 188K)

Toejam and Earl

There's ultimately not much to Waluigi's design. He was just created so Wario could have a doubles' partner in Mario Tennis.

Nintendo is a very gameplay focused developer, and they probably don't know what to really do with Wah outside of just using him as filler for the spinoffs.

Anyone who thinks Isabelle is getting kicked is retarded.

>shoo-in

Attached: 1497651065067.jpg (800x450, 83K)

Unironically Reimu
She has the legacy
She has the popularity
She has the relevancy
The only thing holding her back is if Nintendo denies indies in the roster.

You could genuinely remove the first line and replace the image with Piranha Plant to find your answer.

I'd just like to see more villains from series already in Smash
Black Shadow - F Zero
Dr. Robotnik - Sonic
Porky - Mother
Malos - Xenoblade
Dr. Wily - Megaman

Attached: Shulk shrug.png (698x515, 209K)

Bomberman
Rayman
Klonoa

pretty much this.

*AHEM
youtu.be/OT_a9U4Y1AY

Attached: 5151F931-DFD4-4E62-9260-EA54645C0B36.gif (480x313, 3.44M)

Nobody wanted Piranha Plant though and now that it's out, nobody has come around to it either. King Boo isn't a character that's on many people's minds, but if he was actually added everyone would love him. So no, PP isn't "the character nobody knew they wanted" because there's still nobody who cares about it after the release.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
PLEASE HAVE MERCY LORD STEVE

Attached: 1543661961182.webm (960x540, 1.59M)

Doujin =/= Indie

>black shadow
based

Attached: 064.jpg (1440x2063, 145K)

Zero Suit is probably gone
Samus and Ridley alone represent Metroid the best.

Remove the first two lines then.
Face it, he matches the description perfectly.
>unique body type
>very relevant to MARIO, not a just a Mario spinoff
>had no support because nobody even considered him
That's piranha plant to a T. Whether his popularity waned or not is another matter.

>If you asked someone who played Sonic but stopped after character was introduced people wouldn't really know who he is
No shit. I bet if you asked someone who played never played a game with metal Sonic in it they would say "it's just an evil robot Sonic? That's kinda stupid."

Ehh close enough
And besides what counts as indie anymore? Shantae's developers are are pretty big and they had the help of Capcom to publish their earlier Shantae games. Touhou is literally made by one man only.

Porky's gonna be dlc in Ultimate, I'd bet on it.
There's no spirit for Porky, and I don't think they just forgot to make one.

>but if he was actually added everyone would love him.
How do you know for certain?
Rosalina had a similar scenario. Nobody wanted her but when they revealed her trailer most people were actually really happy about the inclusion of the waifu. Then the game came out and almost immediately everyone loathed her.

King Boo would be a neat pick but I think you're projecting what you want towards everyone else.

Me personally, Pacman was the "best character I never knew I wanted" character. But that's just me.

What exactly makes them different? Cave Story was considered doujin before the term indie was coined.

hey faggot your image transmutated onto my tron bonne

> No Punch-Out character
Cringe

>Banjo saved the N64
Imagine thinking this, if anything from Rare saved the N64 it was based Goldeneye

The vast majority of people that know about Sonic don't give a fuck about anything beyond 3
It would have been like including the Megaman from Battle Network or Megaman Legends instead of the classic one just because they have small autistic fanbases. Shadow is popular among edgy 12 year olds that ERP as their edgy OCs, but for actual people with money that buy games Shadow is a joke.

Knuckles and Tails are the only characters that should be getting in alongside Sonic, failing that Robotnik would make a lot of sense. But honestly Sonic has been a shit franchise much longer than it was a decent one, so I'd rather see a totally different Sega franchise get some love. Sega has tonnes of amazing franchises, and it would be such a fucking waste for Shadow to get in over literally any other Sega character

Mr Saturn is the only character on the Smash Ultimate mural that isn't a playable character.
What did Sakurai mean by this? Is the next fighter under our noses?

Attached: MrSaturn.png (422x409, 160K)

Number one Isaacfag reporting in
>Very popular character who isn't very relevant
Agreed on the second count, though as for the first...
>Gained immense popularity through the Smash Ballot
...not really. He got kind of a shot in the arm, sure, but doesn't have the immense thunder behind him that Rool did, and even if he were second in line behind him (not true), he still needs more than to be the most popular, he needs the same momentum.
>Represents a 1st party franchise desperately needing Smash representation
Second party; bear in mind that the couple of second parties that got in are special cases (Mother because Itoi is a celebrity in Japan, FE because it was huge and influential in Japan, Dark Samus because she was an easy-to-implement clone, etc.), while otherwise they seem slow to add them and mostly relegate them to assist status. You could argue how "desperately" Smash needs a series that sold decently and has no influence; maybe if it weren't 10 years after the last game, which was kind of a black mark on the franchise anyway.
>Does not have many detractors
What the absolute FUCK are you smoking? They may have all been contrarians, but Rool had a huge hatebase back during the ballot. Then you have Isaac, who is probably one of the most despised popular choices due to the whole anime sword thing which is kinda dumb, like do you not see what he's doing in his assist or what but whatever and because he's irrelevant and lots of people hate GS nowadays.

I want him, but he had his chance and missed it. Even if he were "next in line" in terms of popularity, he doesn't have the sheer momentum that Rool or Ridley did and I can't see him ever developing it.

I'll give you Waluigi, though. He is the one remaining Nintendo character that nostalgic normalchads know and there was a pretty loud bit of disappointment among that crowd when he was deconfirmed.

Literally all this post amounts to is projecting and "I personally dislike the character so it shouldn't be added".

>The vast majority of people that know about Sonic don't give a fuck about anything beyond 3
Sonic fans are mostly made up of children and preteens who very unlikely even played anything before 3, what the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: Disgusted Reginald.jpg (385x299, 6K)

Fighters pass 2 DLC because MUH 30 placeholder slots.

Doomguy

>Sonic fans are mostly made up of children and preteens who very unlikely even played anything before 3
Don't you think this might have something to do with the franchise being garbage for two decades now?
Everyone that played the good games moved the fuck on

He probably only engages with the classicfag circlejerks on this board and has deluded himself into believing that they're a majority.

how old is she

nitch neesh

Attached: shoo.png (976x686, 36K)

Kay, but what does that have to do with what the majority of the core audience likes?

Gen One fags have said that Pokemon has been garbage for years, but that hasn't changed the fact that many people still play the games and Baracat got in.

All the numbers we have point to Isaac following up right behind K. Rool. Who exactly are you under the impression would have beaten him?

So you’re the guy who ignores anything good that came from the series and perpetuate the same meme garbage that only the first 3 matter. I hope you know this isn’t an argument, saying you dislike the series would’ve been simpler, and I don’t even want Shadow, I’d prefer Metal Sonic.

Seconding Reimu, though Quote being an AT would be fine too.
Doujin is just Japanese Indie, independent projects not published by big companies. The doujin scene is pretty damn big.

>So you’re the guy who ignores anything good that came from the series and perpetuate the same meme garbage that only the first 3 matter.
What are those other good games that I'm not mentioning?
Are you perhaps talking about the new games that try to imitate the classic ones and are considered pretty good because they at least aren't the 3D games?

Fucking, you tards told everyone that unleashed was a great game even though half of it is shit just because the non were-hog sections weren't completely awful like 3D sonic games usually are.

Not that guy, but I think the dirrefences are noticable, but small.

>Indies are largely anything that isn't development by a major company, but can be published by them, which is how Shantae can still be considered indie
>Doujin is pretty much made entirely by a small group, sometimes even one guy

>already talking about Smash 6
I don't really even like Smash Ultimate that much but you stupid faggots are insatiable. Especially roster fags.

So why are people so up in arms about this "representation" crap again? It always sounds so corporate whenever someone makes an argument that a character should be in because "x franchise needs another rep" or how a character shouldn't be in because "x franchise has too much representation already" as if these things mean anything to Sakurai or anyone else actually making the game.

Is it just the fans of certain franchises butthurt about not getting showered with love like some other ones?

>Is it just the fans of certain franchises butthurt about not getting showered with love like some other ones?
You nailed it

>Is it just the fans of certain franchises butthurt about not getting showered with love like some other ones?
As a FE fan, I'm pretty fucking butthurt that FE has way too many characters and most of them are from the shittiest games in the franchise, there is way too much fucking Fates/Awakening fanservice in smash. If they're going to jerk off the franchise this hard at least pander to the original fans a little too. Fucking anyone from a game before Awakening instead of Corrin, Chrom or Lucina would have been great

If anything, that just means that a Doujin getting representation is much more of a big deal in this scenario.

> ctrl+f
> Not a single user has mentioned Rhythm Heaven
Why does this site has such shit taste?

Attached: SI_Wii_BeatTheBeatRhythmParadise_image1600.jpg (1600x800, 243K)

maybe because they'd probably use some rhythm mechanic which would be either incredibly infuriating to fight against or utterly shit and beaten so easily

or they'd otherwise just be clip art: the character.

YOU can fuck right off. Take your trash series and die in a hole.

>If they're going to jerk off the franchise this hard at least pander to the original fans a little too.
From one FEFag to another, we both know IS isn't competent enough for that. We're more likely to get a Heroes or 3H rep than anything from before Awakening. That's just how it is, oldtime fags might as well barely exist while the newer games made incredible amounts of money regularly.

Does that mean I'm going to drop my uber pipe dream of Hardin? Absolutely not, but I'm not delusional enough to think it will actually happen.

Here's your DQ rep, bros.
>more popular than Erdrick
>Playable in more spinoffs than Erdrick
>Isn't a normal anime swordsman like Erdrick
>Will appeal to the waifu crowd

Attached: a5ad387e08552548fe2d11ff59012bf3.jpg (831x978, 126K)

I'd fap to that

Attached: 1537740642775.png (2086x1468, 2.32M)

Erdrick is basically DQ's Cloud. He wouldn't be chosen because of uniqueness, or because his game is still relevant today, but because he's iconic within DQ's fandom. And Fem!Erdrick is plenty enough of a thing for the Waifu crowd.

>Fucking, you tards told everyone that unleashed was a great game
>Shit I never said
Retard
Anyways, hand waving Sonic Mania Plus, Colors, Generations, Advance 1-3, Sonic Battle, Rush, Rush Adventure, Rivals, Rivals 2, the Sonic All stars racing spinoffs, Mario and Sonic Olympic spinoffs, And the first two riders games is just you blatantly disregarding alot of the series. I’ll give you games like SHtH, 06, Secret Rings, Black Knight, Free Riders, Boom Rise of Lyric for legitimately being god awful, but otherwise you’re over exaggerating.

>not a slime

> Rosalina more safe than Villiager, Little Mac and Pit
Fuck off waifufag

I still think it's more likely to be the Luminary, DQIV's protag, or DQVIII's protag.

Why even speculate about this? It'll be years before we get another Smash game. Will be at least a year after Nintendo's next console.

A Slime is also more likely than Erdrick in my opinion. People only talk about him because of Smahs rumors or leaks, but I think people way overstate his popularity.

>a Mario character is more likely to stick around than a character who isn't the face of his franchise anymore, and two dead franchises
I don't give a fuck about Rosalina in Smash but you can't get rid of BING BING WAHOO

>Square Enix
Kek

Move up:
>Falco
>Ice Climbers (people bitched so badly when they were cut)
>K. Rool
>ROB
>Villager
Move down:
>Rosalina
>Jr.
>WFT (sadly)
>pokemon trainer (again sadly)

Luminary is pretty possible, but people might claim it to be a shill pick like Corrin. Eight (his actual name) barely has a following and the only reason people talk about him at all is pure nostalgic value. And if they're going to pull anyone that's not Erdrick from the first classic 5, it'd be Madason before her, the one game that they put on the pedestal right next to DQ3.

Lets face it, a DQ pick would be chosen to appeal to Japan more than it ever would for us, and over there, DQ3 is still legendary.

I know user, I just like to hope they'd pick a more interesting pick.

Man, that would be some shit if they cut Villager and left Isabelle, can you imagine the riots from that?

>Sonic Mania Plus, Colors, Generations
Colours was mediocre at best, and Mania/Generations were only good cause they were trying as hard as possible to pander to the people like me that just wanted more of the old games

>Sonic Battle, Rush, Rush Adventure, Rivals, Rivals 2, the Sonic All stars racing spinoffs, Mario and Sonic Olympic spinoffs, And the first two riders games
;:^) Wow you sure convinced me, Shadow should totally be in smash now, just look at all of these stupid spinoff games that he was in

Well I'm not fapping to Villager...

>Isaac
>franchise desperately needing Smash representation
No it doesn't, and that's coming from an avid GS fan. One remix and one assist trophy is good enough for a franchise that went MIA for 8 years only to release a lackluster third entry and then faded into darkness without even bothering to explain the cliffhanger they set up

Depends on what they would do with him, honestly. They could very easily make Erdrick a good choice by getting super creative with a moveset. I saw someone talking about a moveset where Erdrick has to go through menus in active time to select different spells and the like, essentially making him into the quintessential RPG representation that his game is for Japan, or something like that.

Erdrixk doesn't have to be a bad choice, it depends more on whether SE would let them get creative enough to salvage it.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's about time he shows up as a Player in a new Game...

Attached: Phones.jpg (352x550, 30K)

As much as it sucks, Isabelle is being pushed insanely fucking hard as the AC mascot. If one of the two has to go, it'll without a doubt be Villager because of corporate jewery.
I miss when Nook was AC's mascot

He's getting in KH4, don't push it user.

>represents one of the most critically acclaimed modern Mario game
>popular
>unique gameplay
no reason to remove her

Attached: 1539038061771.jpg (449x449, 325K)

If they actually are working on a continuation to things, then Neku might honestly be on the table to advertise. I legitimately wouldn't be surprised. I'd welcome it with open arms too, but I still don't expect it over other choices.

Remember, we know SE goes for the money like the jews that they are. They aren't going to let Sakurai have a character that doesn't benefit them SOMEHOW, since he already got away with Cloud.

Only because she's shilled to death

You’re moving the goal posts now. I don’t even give a shit about Shadow to begin with so whatever.

Attached: F6CC61B5-25B2-4E24-93DE-C1BCF4CC66D0.gif (256x192, 35K)

So was Lucario and no one denies that he's actually popular because the shilling worked, and I wouldn't call it too much of a stretch to say that a similar thing happened to Rosalina, despite being on a smaller scale.

Well thats what the argument was originally about you dingus, I was saying Shadow shouldn't be getting in before Knuckles or Tails because Shadow wasn't in any of the good games, hell, as far as I know he's not a playable character in Mania or Generations either

That's usually the sign that proves a character is legitimately popular. If they're still talked about and even get art drawn despite a lack of appearance. King K Rool is the same, he's beloved even without actual screen time.

And in some cases we get the opposite, a character who is given tremendous screen time and exposure and the character is either divisive or just not popular.....in Western Regions like Lightning from FF13 (only the stupid ass Japs liked that unlikable unsexy cunt).

>>represents one of the most critically acclaimed modern Mario game
>>popular
Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are unironically the worst 3D Mario games and Rosalina is still nothing more than Nintendo's Lightning.

Galaxy 1 and 2 took all of the worst aspects of 2D and 3D Mario and mashed them together with 3D Sonic's "style over substance" approach to level design.

Hopefully Ridley gets cut so I can laugh at all the anons here seething.

>represents one of the most critically acclaimed modern Mario game
>popular
Oh shit, Pauline confirmed.

Attached: 1413351257670.png (257x250, 127K)

>I want x character gone because it would make their fans upset
I fucking hate this culture

I’m talking about you spazzing out over the spin-offs, retard. I know the discussion was about Shadow your contention turned to the games that were spin-offs, I’m just saying I can’t be assed enough to continue this discussion because I just don’t give much of a shit about Shadow you mong. And Shadow was a boss in generations which was required to continue in the first place, so there’s that at least.

for now I suppose we can laugh at you seething instead

Attached: kroolridleylookatthisdude.png (700x700, 513K)

>Golden Sun is fucking dead and not coming back.
Yes it is.
You guys will probably never see it for yourself, but Isaac was in the top 10 on the ballot (may have been top 5, but I can't remember), he only didn't get in because there wasn't a new game being developed at the time. However, Nintendo noticed his popularity and decided to revive Golden Sun. It's likely we'll see it this year.

Ryu Hayabusa

>He's getting in KH4, don't push it user.

Nomura is a tacky bastard. Not only did he say that the Neku we meet in KH Dream Drop Distance is NOT the real one (despite looking identical while FF characters don't look identical to themselves), but also the Shibuya Sora ended up in is neither the real one or the one seen in The World Ends With You. Nomura Nomura Nomura, what a mess you make.

>However, Nintendo noticed his popularity and decided to revive Golden Sun
What did they do?

>source:my ass

>You guys will probably never see it for yourself, but Isaac was in the top 10 on the ballot

You mind sharing this mythical, actual ballot results so you can provide any reason why we should give a shit about the drivel you just wrote?

>I know the discussion was about Shadow your contention turned to the games that were spin-offs
>lol Waluigi can't be in smash he's only in spin offs
>Excuse me but Shadow is actually a very popular and well written character and he's been in lots of spin off games, who cares if he's only been in the terrible main line games? He's still the sonic character that deserves to be in the most even though Tails and Knuckles are infinitely more iconic and recognizable by most people

Attached: 1483165446364.png (2688x2688, 173K)

Now that I know about zero suit I dont think Ill be able to play a smash without her in it

Attached: 5mash wishlist_for DLC or every successive entry.png (2550x1516, 3.48M)

the Adventure games were good plus so is Sonic Generations where he's a mandatory boss fight and that's mainline

>Malos

based and Monado-pilled

Attached: malos.jpg (1024x576, 41K)

Fair opinion, but you're the minority here

Can you come up with a moveset for Pauline as original as Rosalina? Does Pauline have some gimmick that can explored for a potential moveset like the & Luma does for Rosalina?

>this thread
jesus christ you guys are literal memes

Attached: 1547691887016.png (1000x2914, 593K)

>lol Waluigi can't be in smash he's only in spin offs
>He's still the sonic character that deserves to be in the most even though Tails and Knuckles are infinitely more iconic and recognizable by most people
The funny thing here is I’ve never made these statements, nor do I ascribe to this thinking. You just keep pulling arguments that I’ve never even made right out of your ass. You do realize there’s more than one person here right?

This is why Sakurai made that tweet on English, he knows the Japanese aren't this autistic about Smash.

>Poppi
>Black Shadow
>Nier
>SSE Enemies
>actual literal anime characters
Everything else is surprisingly fine, honestly. Redpill me on this Fossil Fighters thing, I've seen it come up a few times now.

Rosalina doesn't even have that original of a moveset herself.

Not the point, Odyssey got praised pretty hard for returning to the old formula, the same arguments you made can be made about Pauline, hell, even a moveset can be made for her if you consider the Mario Vs Donkey Kong series.

What are the actual literal anime characters?

Some DS/3DS games. I think it involves monster catching? It has at least 3 games in the series.

>I’ve never made these statements, nor do I ascribe to this thinking.
Not being able to pick up on hyperbole or context clues in conversation is a sign of autism, and thats not even considering how you say shit like "ascribe" or "nor" (incorrectly I might add) in casual conversation thinking it will make you seem smart.

I'm not going to argue with you over whether or not stupid spin off sonic games are good when I was talking with a completely different person about why Shadow is a shit choice for a new rep when Tails and Knuckles still haven't gotten in.

Attached: 555-come-on-now.jpg (600x375, 38K)

>he knows the Japanese aren't this autistic about Smash.
Way to out yourself as a tourist, 2ch was reeing pretty hard during the newcomer season.

theres nothing saying that banjo can't get in as DLC just because Joker is getting in.

Out of curiosity, why does it bother people like you that Nintendo fans like to talk to each other about Nintendo games?

Do you genuinely get upset that we actually have fun with Smash and like to speculate over the future of the game?
Don't you have any fun games with active communities you can talk about?

They didn't harass him or threat him though

Attached: DkIzjcQW0AY4-hr.jpg (1078x865, 125K)

Pic unrelated?

It's still more original than most newcomers since Brawl. She's the only actual puppet master character with build-in desync since Luma has her own moveset while Nana just has a carbon-copy of Popo's moveset

>Not the point
It is actually one of the points I mentioned which you just decided to not quote back then

The LAST truly deserving 1st party reps

>Louie
Easy semi clone, the Luigi of the Pikmin series, personality that fits easily into Smash, a great way to pad out the series.

>Porky
An iconic villain from the “underdog” of Nintendo. 3 games. 3 characters. (Even if they don’t necessarily represent Mother 1). Also still mysteriously missing from Ultimate. Managed to get a boss in Brawl as well.

>A Kirby character that isn’t a fucking Sakurai character
Preferably Dark Matter or Adeleine, hopefully Sakurai sees that people are tired of Super Star and want games like Dreamland 3 and 64 represented. A stage of Robobot or Star allies would also be nice.

>King Boo
Here’s hoping that Luigi is separated into his own series/universe (Luigi’s Mansion) and along with that we get one of the most iconic and unique possible villains.

Echoes I would include would be
>Blood Falcon
>Galacta Knight
>Dixie Kong (Diddy with DK’s up B)

I’d put characters that come from games like Rhythm Heaven, Chibi Robo, Wonderful 101, and Golden Sun in here but there hasn’t been any news about them for a while. If Rhythm Heaven gets a new game soon I think it’s about time they get a rep.

Attached: 20288B5E-C65D-4C26-9E03-0D7F43C18F33.png (960x960, 346K)

>look at this twitter screenshot I took of a literal who
God you're such a fucking NPC

Attached: 1544275714876.png (784x349, 65K)

This is over 6 months old, where have you been?

Remember that Sakurai tends to take liberties with movesets. It's less about a character having potential from the get go and more about him being able to envision them fighting.

>Kamen Rider
>Goku peeking out the bottom

That's even more pathetic. You have an old screenshot of some literal who that you've been saving on your computer.

Attached: smash ultimate.jpg (1950x2882, 1.36M)

Someone posted it recently on an Ashley thread some days ago

And why do you even care? Are you an Ashleyfag?

I'm not going to lie, Goku would probably make people extremely excited. It'd make actual, literal headlines and even my friends who don't like anime say they'd love Goku in Smash.

So instead, you make a shitpost with an ad hominem about a terrible argument you made? That’s pretty ironic considering you’re the one throwing out the “autism” card. If we’re having an argument don’t use irrelevant hyperbolic statements.

I hate retarded twitter screenshots of unironic literal whos that have been plaguing this board. It's one of the most normalfag things to do in this site and is a sign of a newfag.

If Goku ever gets in I really hope its kid Goku and not the same old "hurr Z is all that matters check out super saiyan Goku".

Goku with his power pole, Kinto Un, Bansho Fan, and silly techniques like Paper Scissors Rock would be perfect.

>B
Kamehameha
>Up B
Kinto-un (alternatively, Kamehameha with his feet)
>Side B
Power pole extend
>Down B
After Image Technique

Attached: 1442112896_kid.gif (500x334, 224K)

ridley and k rool are never leaving, they're rivals of the main 12

You're the tard that brought up stupid spin off games in a conversation about how Shadow hasn't been in any of the good Sonic games.
Who the fuck hops into a conversation like that and says "Well um ackshually I liked him in these spin off games that no one considers mainline sonic games"

Not him, but get over it. Shadow is the second or third most popular character (behind Eggman and Sonic) and a super easy clone to make. It's obvious if we get another Sonic character, it'll be him.

But Shadow isn't fast, and Sonic doesn't use guns
It doesn't make any sense outside of how easy of a palette swap it would be.
If anything he should just be an alt costume and not waste anyones time.

Have you ever heard of Sonic Adventure 2?

>sakurai cutting any of his children

Because they’re fucking GAMES you jackass. There was never any specifications about them needing to be from a mainline. You bringing up random hyperbolic statements about Waluigi being in spin offs meaning anything is retarded because that shit shouldn’t even matter in the first place and I don’t even agree with that train of thought.

Yeah it was pretty shit

green: in
yellow: maybe
red: out

piranha plant is yellow, joker is hard red

Attached: smash 6.png (963x445, 859K)

>muh villuns

I wanna believe.

Attached: wonder-red point.png (470x410, 242K)

There's no way they're going to do a hard reboot and cut a majority of the characters. The main appeal of Smash is the large roster. It doesn't have genwunners like Pokemon does so there would be no incentive to slim down the roster significantly.

You accidentally put Falco and Wolf outside of the "Clone" section, where they belong.

they should cut a decent amount of character to use that dev time one better shit. We don't need 3 links, 4 marths, or irrelevant shillmon like lucario and incineroar in the next game

Wolf and Falco aren't clones. They just have similar B moves. It'd be like calling Lucas a Ness clone.

Ah, you're right, I completely missed that on the first reading. Put Lucas in the clone section too.

IT'S TIME

Attached: Rundas.jpg (2600x2891, 1.55M)