The GOTY releases this month. Let's talk about it

The GOTY releases this month. Let's talk about it.

Attached: bTFNNlEB3xD1aLpYym6qXDkLdFU7SsZQEjhiskT-7nc.jpg (640x860, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BDDfij_JgH8
youtube.com/watch?v=jX7C7s12-iM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah it released back in January. REmake 2 was pretty fuckin good.

I'm waiting for it to come out and then i'll look at it and decide if it looks like something i'll enjoy but i should have posted instead:
>no inventory
>no stats
>no builds
>no multiplayer
Shit game will flop. Goodbye thread, you where not clickbait enough.

Serious question, who honestly gives a single fuck about this game? I'm not even trying to tear it down, I just can't imagine finding it interesting from what I've seen of it.

Some Switch owners, probably.

no, fuck gooks and any gaming set in "their" land

This land is your land, this land is my land
From California to the New York Island
From the Redwood forest to the Gulf Stream waters
This land was made for you and me.
As I went walkin', I saw a sign there
And on the sign it said : 'No tresspassing'
But on the other side it didn't say nothin'
That side was made for you and me.
In the shadow of the steeple, I saw my people
By the relief office, I'd seen my people
As they stood hungry, I stood there askin'
If this land made for you and me ?
Nobody living can ever stop me
As I go walking that freedom highway
Nobody living can ever make me turn back
As I went walkin', I saw a sign there
And on the sign it said: 'No tresspassing'
But on the other side it didn't say nothin'
That side was made for you and me.

Ghosts of Tsushima looks more interesting than Sekiro but to fair I haven't seen very much on either, just a couple trailers for both and a boss fight that looked like a worse mergos wet nurse in Sekiro

this gonna be fucking good

>the game was originally a Tenchu game
>the games name is literally a quote from Tenchu
>has demons from Tenchu
>Yea Forums still believes it's a Souls-like and has nothing to do with Tenchu

You guys are so fucking retarded.

Yea Forums is retarded
no shit!

It's a Tenchu but with way better combat system, more aggressive stealth and interconnected world.
Which potentially means a really fucking good game.

Tsushima looks very movie-game and i think it looks beautiful but not interesting.
I'll go play a videogame where i control each of my character's actions with varied inputs.

Another thing that I don't understand about this game is like why out of all things would From make this? It's just another Samurai game in the year 2019, but why? What were they thinking doing this?

It's funny.
It's for all these reasons that I AM interested
I'm tired of all that other shit being in every fucking video game
I want a solid single player experience that relies on player skill, not leveling. Learning new moves, not increasing my stamina or magic level for slight increased damage or mobility.

Games to be good need that list?

I'm hyped for sekiro and i think it's gonna be amazing game but i don't know why they set it in japan, i don't really like that setting.

bloodborne 2 when?

most nu soulsfags came from pewdiepie bro army and never played demon souls nor bloodborne.

>no multiplayer

How is that a bad thing tho?

The game looks like shit. I seriously dont get why Yea Forums is so excited over it. I'm much more interested in Ghost of Tsushima

this shit's gonna be speed ran in like 1:30:00

This, How much gameplay hours we have? Not that much compared to DS’s

I'm guessing that from will never make BB2 for a lot of the same reasons Valve will never make HL3.

>I WANT MORE GAMES WITH NO CHOICE IN HOW TO TACKLE CHALLENGES

I pre-ordered it, and I expect it to have a world even better than DaS1 since they couldn't be assed to include half the character customization of the Souls games
I will probably be disappointed

This, i don't know what people ask more than that, it looks pretty damn solid.

REMINDER OF THE SOULS COMMUNITY
>FromSoft fans => they love FromSoft games and will play anything made by them with interest
>Old Souls fans => they started with Demon's Souls and played all the games
>New Souls fags => they cried to have Dark Souls on PC and only played DSI, II & III, most of them only play for the MP and character customization
Don't listen to the last one, they never played the best FS games anyway.

Attached: 1534236402452.gif (500x222, 2.11M)

Multiplayer is the reason you play any given game for more than 100 hours unless you're autistic

Just in time. I'm half way done plat'ing ds3. I'll have every souls games 100% by the time it comes out. What crazy timing

Attached: 1551286619290.jpg (1200x675, 132K)

>Old Souls fans
So just sony drones?

This has got to be the most retarded thing i've read on this god forsaken board in a long ass time

Autism

Feels good that i've started playing Fromsoft games with a fucking Echo Night Beyond and understand exactly how diverse this developer is despite having some jank in their games.

No one's going to play Sekiro legitimately for 100+ hours

After playing Nioh and liking it, finding out fromsoft was making a ninja game was awesome news. I can't wait.

Sure. Why not?
Give me a concrete set of tools and definite rules and I'll attempt to beat your game using them.
It's an old-school form of game design that I miss. Nowadays, designers just haphazardly throw together a myriad of different options, but none are fully realized or utilized.
Like Furi to an extent. There really isn't much variability in combat, but that's great. You have to learn the intricacies of the combat, the timing, the frame data, etc
I'll concede some game manage to do both to a certain extent. Bloodborne, for example. However, even Bloodborne in my opinion is not as mechanically involved for complex as something like God Hand, DMC, or Bayonetta.

on what basis do you make that claim? People might enjoy the fuck out of the game and play it for more than that even though it only has single player

If it legitimately plays like a Tenchu game I'd love it, but from what I've seen it's more of an action game than a slow methodical stealth game. It's a shame.

i think it might be true even it's so fucking sad

The lack of poise mechanics and a roll input giving invaluable i-frames are major flaws in game design and encounter design in videogame today.

Attached: sick rolls checkem.png (280x200, 53K)

>but from what I've seen it's more of an action game than a slow methodical stealth game

So, you mean Tenchu?

holy fuck that actually sounds refreshing

I need to beat fucking Kiwami before this shit comes out

That's exactly why I'm interested in this game, sick and tired if "rpg elements" in non rpg games

>no differing builds
>no character customization at all, you can use literally any side weapon you find
>limited exploration that'll last 2-3 runs at most before you find everything
>no difficulty levels which is how most action games encourage replayability
>probably limited NG+ exclusive content since From has distanced themselves from that concept
The only reason you'd play it for 100 hours is if you "enjoy" doing the same thing over and over again, i.e. autism

Yeah, a slow methodical game. I thought the context was blatant enough for you to understand.

>who honestly gives a single fuck about this game?
I am, looking forward to it.

Oh?
What's coming out?

TFW FromSoft fan :)

I bought ps3 few years ago only for DeS
I bought ps4 2 years ago just for Bloodborne
and that was fucking good idea

>>I WANT MORE GAMES WITH NO CHOICE IN HOW TO TACKLE CHALLENGES
>STATS in game
>Can grind levels to overpower any boss
>Makes the game too easy

Man, these casuals; Want everything to be too easy.

Where tf do I go after the capra demon in DS1?

It's gonna play exactly like AssCreed regardless.

>TFW old Souls fan; bought Demon's Souls on the day of release.

I've avoided all footage so far but I love what I hear about it. I really hope Miyazaki does a survival horror next.

Attached: 42d.jpg (2197x2386, 415K)

That's not dmc5

Guess I am. And no multi in sekino is a plus for me.

Attached: ooops.png (282x116, 49K)

any game with leveling and such doesn't really offer you a choice since you decide what build to use before you know what you're up against

>The only reason you'd play it for 100 hours is if you "enjoy" doing the same thing over and over again, i.e. autism

Oh man, then you shouldn't look into the REmake 2 community.

Go fuck yourself you and your entire generation of cucks.
People used to e,njoy the same game for countless hours without needing any sort of multiplayer crap let alone some "online pvps" you moherfuckers are the reason why those crappy western devs don't give 2 shits about single player anymore.
You and your obsession for streamlined, bland, skill tree and boring rpg having progresion, your tsupid open world bullshit and quest markers fucking ruined everything.
>"but it's great because i can make a funny face for my character huur durr"
>"but i can have difficulty levels so i can brag online with other people that do pvp and show my skill" which in fact is completely contradictory to a game having rpg elements that actually are a way to reduce the challenge.
>" but i can do lvl 1 no shield no magic no nothing, bare handed"
If you do that then why did you ask for those rpg elements in the first place?

Seriously i'm sick and tired of the same boring ass recipe over and over. We reached a point where an idea as silmple as an action game with only action element strike people as odd and weird.

boo hoo you cant roleplay as a girl anymore. lmao get dabbed on faggot.

>Ghosts of Tsushima looks more interesting than Sekiro
How? It has shown 20 times less gameplay than Sekiro.

Nah you're autistic for enjoying such a shit game.

Desiring games to go back to being archaic and repetitive is probably a surefire sign of autism

Some of them will taunt the last group with their exclusives games but they are not retarded enough to not play a game like Sekiro

Better than wanting games to have multiplayer with loot boxes.

you forgot
>armored core screamers

>dark souls
>multiplayer with loot boxes

Attached: 1516231282426.jpg (720x736, 32K)

Based FSbros, I can't wait for Sekiro
>new title
>inspired by the Souls and Tenchu series
>feodal japan setting
>even more action and freedom of exploration
>directed by Miyazaki
literally a dream game for me

Attached: 1529952076025.jpg (1920x1080, 1.04M)

>comes out this month
>people are still screeching about muh builds, muh pvp
pathetic

pvp doesnt matter

pve is what makes souls good

I just can't wait for the "Yea Forums BTFO" threads in a few weeks when we will all have the proof that Sekiro is a master piece.

>straightsword spam is what das3 good
lol yikes

>no inventory
it does have an inventory
>no stats
>no builds
normal enemies give you experience that can be used to unlock skills on a skill tree, midbosses drop items that can be used to upgrade HP or posture.
>no multiplayer
true

>Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Everybuddy is same day

Damn...which should I get bros...

>archaic
How is tghios game archaic?
>and repetitive
because multiplayer sure isn't repetitive, right
>autism
you sound lika kid who jus learned a new word and try to use it on every fucking occasion, that's really sad

you type like an autist, so not surprising that you play games like an autist

>muh autism

will there a character creator in this like the other souls game?

Attached: 1341991136713.jpg (100x120, 14K)

No, you won't be able to play a character with a goblin face, sorry.

I thought Nioh would have been amazing without the RPG elements getting in the way. It's weird that From are the ones going for a straight-up action game.

Are you autistic user?

So it will be full of unlockables, stage ranking and challenge runs, cheat/joke items, different characters to play as, and levels editors and stuff like Tenchu to keep it interesting for more than one play through right?

>unlockables
yes
>everything else
no lol

I mean the pve aspect of the game no one gives a shit about your gank squads

Journalists only rank games on the initial impression.
Developing past the first 6-10 hours is usually a waste of time from a corporate perspective.

Like, everyone? Its the Souls game of this year after all

>tfw importing the Hong Kong English version before the Atlus version was even a thing

Attached: 1546455464022.jpg (535x545, 130K)

It will get shitposter because everyone wants another TORtanic

How long will this game be lads? Bet it's a sub 10 hour game, looks short as fuck

Attached: swL8Ron.png (931x806, 619K)

>new souls fags will never understand we play these games because of the art design the atmosphere and gameplay and not because of the difficulty meme and the pvp shenanigans

Sekiro has everything a true souls fan wants you faggots

Attached: 1551689886263.gif (528x555, 816K)

>Let's talk about a game none of us have played and isn't out yet
I really liked the part where...

>sotfs takes 9 hours less to clear than base das2
nani?

Looks like a subpar Ninja gaiden to me.. Souls combat and rhythm without its redeeming features.

>Dark Souls 47.5 hours
>Dark Souls: Prepare To Die 47 hours
>Dark Souls Remastered 26 hours

>Dark Souls II 46.5 hours
>Dark Souls II Scholar of the first sin 37 hours

>Dark Souls III + its DLCs 43 hours
>Dark Souls III The fire fades 36.5 hours

I'm guessing it will take around 30 hours to complete but it will go down to 20 when they sell it bundled with a 5 hours of DLC.

It's going to bomb hard. No multiplayer, weeb setting, and the gameplay and art style looks boring. Hopefully they come to their senses and make a Bloodborne 2 or a Dark Souls 4 in the coming years. Maybe even a Dark Souls MMO who knows.

Attached: artorias.jpg (1067x1280, 204K)

Some kind of multiplayer aspect is nice to have if it's not forced on you. An option to play cooperatively for example would be a nice addition. The game could just be scaled to remain equally challenging.

or none of those games, fuck off with your sequels.

More like Sekino. Name one company that does fantasy better, both on a conceptual and visual level.

Attached: sekiro5.jpg (1920x1080, 2.18M)

Wait, how did someone rip models and swap them into the Nioh boss fight before the game is even out?

>yo bro Nioh can I copy your homework
>yeah okay bro just make sure to change a few thi-

At least the repulsive nature of the threads make them easy to avoid. Later fags, see you on release day

>Dark Souls MMO
!CURSED!

see ya later bro

Attached: bob ross kos.jpg (540x407, 65K)

>9fag meme
You gotta go back

>/r/the_donald meme
fuck off

It looks very bland to me. Coming from souls and bloodborne it's a step down. They're giving up on so many aspects like fashion, online play, stats etc and the only thing we get to replace all that is an allegedly improved combat system, but to me it just looks like parryspam2win.

I don't know, I'll just pirate it first I guess.

is the game releasing on steam or the blizzard launcher?

>I'll just pirate it first I guess
Please do it. Can't wait for the next PS4 exclusives, thanks to you.

Thank fuck for that. Wish they'd dropped some of this shit with Bloodborne

I give 0 shits about exclusives. If I want it I'll buy it. Sekiro however looks like a mediocre bloodborne rehash with a different coat of paint.

the goty releases in a few days actually

>check system requirements
>minimum 4gb of ram

>you can play a AAA 2019 game with 4gb of ram

What does this mean

Attached: 1545486814775.png (142x138, 2K)

>bloodborne rehash
The game is nothing like BB, retard.

Oh yeah a grappling hook mechanic how different

Battle system is different
Weapons are different.
Ennemies are different.
Exploration is different.
Setting is different.

Just stop being retarded. Please.

it really isn't though, but this has been spoon-fed countless times now
read some of the articles/videos from exclusive interviews from Game Informer and see it for yourself,

>remake2
>dmcv
>sekiro
Amazing start this year. Nothing else for a while outside of potentionally good Nintendo games like Astral Chain and FE.
Anyone think Sekiro will have solid replayability with the lack of character building? Does it have a scoring system similar to dmc or re?

The reason this game isnt huped is because its not Sorny exclusive

youtube.com/watch?v=BDDfij_JgH8
How true is this?

>Anyone think Sekiro will have solid replayability with the lack of character building?
It's Miyazaki, he will find a way.

survival horror based on junji itos work would be awesome

Why would anyone care about this game? I can just load up DMC 4 SE or wait for the Vergil dlc for DMC 5 and play as a character that has a way way way cooler and more fun katana moveset than this boring fake realism shit in some bad sickdark setting.

It means that FROM is somehow getting better at optimizing their games.

Attached: 1519065254724.jpg (480x480, 36K)

>no multiplayer

I think thats a good thing because they can focus on making a better ng+ experience
>no inventory
>no stats
you shouldnt treat this like a souls game.

> no builds
They confirmed different skill upgrades depending on your playstyle. With that said it would be nice to at least equip a different main weapon.

>sickdark

>not enjoying variation in a genre you enjoy
Autism

I want to get it but I'm sure there's gonna be DLC so I'll just wait for a package.

>replayability
maybe its just really satisfying to play like god hand

>>no multiplayer
>I think thats a good thing because they can focus on making a better ng+ experience
Anthem says hi

I hope the combat ends up actually being good now that they're getting rid of builds to focus more on the action, previous From games were really easy to exploit.

Well, I am hyped.

Looks pretty good but DMC5 will likely be my goty.

>barren market for games
>batle royale, stronk wommins, and a fuckin EA game are the big titles right now.
>who cares about a game that looks decent
I imagine its on just about everyone's to play list. It doesn't even have to be a great game at this point, the fact its a real game will sell it.

Vergil has so many moves with his katana, more than this Sekiro character has. Why would I want to play him over Vergil?

It IS sickdark. Look at the videos. It's Japanese Bloodborn. Ooooooooooh its sunset, crimson sky, oooooooooh blood red leaves on the ground and falling from the trees to show how dark and creepy it is. Then the oversized fucking samurai enemies that are the height of goddamn nephilim and shit. This game is edgy as fuck. Only thing preventing it from going full edgelord is the blood looking like vomit and not actual blood.

well bioware is shit and in the past with ds2 they have shown they can make a better ng+ experience.
cant find the article but miyazaki did say they are trying to make ng+ more meaningful. plus multiple endings are confirmed

youtube.com/watch?v=jX7C7s12-iM

How can Sekiro compete with that?

>How can Sekiro compete with that?
Who knows man but I'll enjoy Sekiro, and you enjoy DMCV, and we will call it at that.

I don't care about combos tbhfam, I just want a world to explore with cool enemies and FROM is still the best in the industry in that regard.

Based middle schooler.

this is a good point, why do all these jap games have red skies and fucking red leaves and shit all over the place?

My point wasn't specifically about Bioware. I'm just saying don't believe everything they spout in their promotional material.

I bet nioh really influenced the development of this game

Im still not done with DS2, fml

you're right . Even with from's track record we should wait until the game releases

Watered down Dark Souls shit that people will forget about in 2~ months. Screencap this.

fuck off niohfags, you give your game too much credit

How's it watered down? The combat seems more interesting which is the point of an action game.

>Japs would never think to make a Jap game on their own

Kek, did Fat Princess heaviliy influence the next American game to come out?

its original vision was a tenchu game, but that quickly got scrapped very early in development

so you'll be proven wrong? Kek, enjoy your goblinas and the autistic button mash fest that is dmc 5

I've only seen a single trailer and it looks bad.
But I can't in good conscience give The Surge a try and not Sekiro

It's singleplayer only so no shit people will have forgotten about it in 2 months, even if it's good.

>I-it's Tenchu, guys!
Plays nothing like Tenchu. You sound as stupid as those indie devs who go "We're making a spiritual sequel to that CRPG you loved from the late 90s/early 00s!" And then it turns out to be shit. The main diffference being that not even From are saying it's like Tenchu, only you desperate tards.

it will have enemies that are an actual threat instead of punching bags you can practice your autistic combos on

No it wasn't. This was never the case. Read the recent Sekiro coverage on Game Informer.

Ah yes the shitty bootlegs Dark Souls surely influenced it

im playing through nioh right now. it's really boring imo levels seem so dull and youre stuck on these mission worlds instead of an open experience

This is a lie though.

This is the most zoomer post on 4channel.

You mean bug ridden messes with shitty hitboxes that can nail you even through walls like all other From games?

It's just the sad reality of this age user. Maybe learn to face the reality that your hobby has gone to complete shit.

>they couldn't be assed
Have you read anything about this game? They wanted to make a story based around a pre-set character. That's the reason the game is named after him. It's not that they were just too lazy to have some banal character creator at the start of their game. And if you mean that there are less RPG elements: so? They're making a game where the player's skill is tantamount and all players are faced with the same challenge. No grinding, no tank builds that trivialise the game. There's nothing "lazy" about that.

>No grinding
but.. this game has an XP and skillpoint system

I dunno, looks like Dark Souls + Ninja Gaiden. Mitebcool

>bug ridden messes with shitty hitboxes
no I'm not talking about DMCuck

Lmao.

>these things are inherently good and every game needs them
underage detected
of course it's nice, but I don't see how the lack of MP will make the game shit. let's just wait and see when it comes out, all this speculation is pointless

>be spiritual tenchu game
>but the stealth is trash
dropped, it's way too action oriented

Attached: 1513560223510.png (850x780, 714K)

Who is the fucking autist is pitting these two games together? They don't even follow the same design philosophy. Fuck off.

Attached: 1541708791206.jpg (1528x2048, 747K)

This.

>>be spiritual tenchu game
Based retard. You mean it was envisioned as tenchu before any development began and then quickly scrapped early?

Stop trying to force a rivalry.

Being it's own game.
And also, why not get both? Oh, right, you're one of those fags that think you can only enjoy one style of a genre.

>comes out this month
>shitposters shitpost
Predictable as the tides

Bloodborne had a bunch of stuff "stripped away" compared to Dark Souls and it was long enough.

It's a fast-paced From Software action game where you explore a weird neo-gothic feudal Japan setting. It has punishing difficulty, less RPG mechanics so the focus is purely skill-based, and it has the narrative sensibilities of Souls games, but with a more involved character-oriented story. It seems very promising to me. Personally I'm not sure it will be as good as From's last masterpiece Deracine, but it it has a chance to be very good indeed.

Fuck off DMCfag, these games share nothing in common, or soulsborne for that matter. There's a reason why soulsfags hate this game: they think it is a dmc clone.

Attached: 1458531479227.jpg (480x360, 29K)

Why are soulsfags like this? Why can't they be happy that they are going to have a souls-like game?

Attached: 1551726522086.png (500x360, 196K)

PC autists ruined the fanbase.

The problem is it's not a souls-like game.

According to some anyway, that's also up for shitposting debate apparantly.

But why? Played the Souls games on PC and I'm still looking forward to this.

>soulslike
how is it soulslike? it shares almost no mechanics with souls

We're having the same conversations we had when Bloodborne was about to come out:
>it's not a souls-like
>they made it too easy
>they made it too hard

I just want a game with cool bosses like Ds3 and the engaging level design of Ds1. And based on what I've heard so far i hope they can deliver that.

Not him, but the community was great during the DeS days. It's not about pc or console, it's about big fanbases always be shit and small ones often being good.

>i-frames on dodging
>i-frames on execution animations
>health potions replenish on death or at checkpoints
>checkpoints have to be manually activated and let you teleport
>enemies respawn when you die
>open world with a central hub
>no map
>attack on RB, block on LB
>parry mechanic
>backstab mechanic
>plunging attack mechanic

>souls invented these things
how fucking underage are you? also, you don't even block, you deflect

Show me a single game that has all of those features and people do not call it souls-like. I dare you, fag.
>also, you don't even block, you deflect
it's literally the same thing, dark souls 1 and 2 even had a hidden poise bar that works exactly like sekiro's posture.

how are just those things you typed the requirement for being a "soulslike"? what about stamina? the jumping? the hook mechanic? lack of stats? lack of weapon and armor variety? subweapons having shared ammo? skill trees?
your list is so painfully arbitrary, you're bending it to your narrative

>Ghosts of Tsushima looks more interesting
It looks like s typical Sony exclusive borderline walking sim. I say this as a PS4 owner.

There's no official list of requirements for being a soulslike, therefore being a soulslike is defined by similarity with already existing soulslike games.
Back when bloodborne came out people were making the same argument that it wasn't soulslike because it didn't have a shield, poise, equip load rolls and armor upgrades and that the gun parry was a big difference.
Ultimately the similarities outweighted the differences and everybody agrees that bloodborne is soulslike.
From what I've seen of Sekiro the same is true here.
>lack of stats
not as much as people think: midbosses will drop items that can be used to upgrade either HP or posture.

I still think the definition is way too loose and unrecognizable. it even had stealth, I honestly wouldn't recognize it as a fromsoft game had it not been for the assets, it's more like a pure action game

Should I pre-order?

>pre-ordering in $currentYear

soulslike still isnt a genre. its as ridiculous as making up a genre for fixed camera tank controls resident evil games just because they have a distinct design.

souls combat is a subgenre of a dating simulator

What do you mean? I don't buy many games because I'm a poor-fag so.

I hope it's great. Haven't been looking forward to a game in ages. However, I'm not so sure about GOTY considering
>Lesbians of Us 2

Attached: 1550895691734.png (415x410, 231K)

pre-ordering harbors a shitty mindset a lot of AAA publishers have in that they assume youll just buy whatever they release before you even know anything about it
dont give money to the fucked up part of the video game industry

Rest assured, both Sekiro and DMC5 are going to be "too gamey" for the wankfest of cinematics that is TGA.
I'm still surprised Dishonored even managed to get a GOTY award from there, or Shadow of Mordor.

I'm calling it.
TLOU 2 is going to be GOTY and sweep the TGAs. That's when I will completely stop caring.

But I know this will be kino

Lol buttmad soulsfag who's angry they aren't just making another souls games right now.