This isn't even a Final Fanasy game, it's literally Vagrant Story 2...

This isn't even a Final Fanasy game, it's literally Vagrant Story 2. How did Square get away with selling this shit as FF? They clearly just slapped that name on it to get more sales, it's set in the same world as Vagrant Story and was made by the same dev team. Square doesn't give a fuck.

Attached: ffxii.jpg (730x418, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20010421182754/http://www.vagrantstory.com/flb/stuff/01.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Didnt you just create a FFXII topic? I literally just posted in one about five minutes ago.

Did you ever stop to think it could have been on of the several thousand other active users?

Attached: (you).gif (272x200, 1.08M)

there are a ton of paranoid fucks on Yea Forums these days

this game good

Matsuno and his team are fucking amazing. Anyone who doesn't enjoy his games are provably retarded

>Dude what if we made literally half the cast be inconsequential to the story
>Dude what if we made multiple cutscenes where the main character has no idea what's going on and just stands in the background while people who matter speak
>Dude what if we made a character who's literally just a random girl with no important qualities outside of an extremely large ass
>Dude what if we made a character with an interesting and nuanced backstory and then only let the player use him in one dungeon, at the end of which he dies
>Dude what if we made a villain who has zero emotional connection to the heroes and doesn't even meet them until the last ten minutes
>Dude what if we took an established setting with a million interesting species and then only included humans and bunny humans as playable characters
>Dude what if we gave the narrator a comical Apu accent
>Dude what if we made a complicated political plot and then ruined it by turning it into standard ancient god shenanigans halfway through
>Dude what if we made a plot where the heroes have almost no impact on what happens until 95% of the way through the story, and they spend their time tromping from one ancient temple to the next
>Dude what if I'm Captain Basch
>Dude what if we took everything 100% seriously and had zero levity outside of Balthier and Cid
>Dude what if we wrote all of the dialogue to sound like a Renaissance Fair
>Dude what if we we had no overworld and all travel was handled by a menu or floating teleport crystals
>Dude what if we made a level-up system where all of the characters become literally identical in function
>Dude what if we made summons useless except for opening doors
>Dude what if we put all of the interesting and unique content in sidequests
>Dude what if the best weapon in the game had to be accessed by not opening unmarked chests
>Dude what if Star Wars

Attached: Penelo_XII.png (350x387, 143K)

◄◄All me. This entire thread is just me switching IP.

Matsuno wasn't really involved, you can clearly tell that.

>>Dude what if we made literally half the cast be inconsequential to the story
This is actually just like real life though, 99.9% of humanity is actually a side character.

Why did you phrase your post as if that were a bad thing? Its been commonly accepted that FFXII was a successor to Vagrant Story in almost all aspects.

Imagine being so triggered that the popular opinion is that the game is trash.

Attached: triggered.png (458x174, 7K)

Because they scammed Final Fantasy fans by releasing this piece of shit sequel to a piece of shit game. People didn't want bad accented shit combat system garbage Vagrant Story 2 they wanted a new Final Fantasy.

Same way they made bravely default when it's just FFV-2
When it's a good game people care less

>it's set in the same world as Vagrant Story
No it isn't. There isn't any connection in any of the supplemental material or any mention of VS in timelines either so no one in SE is setting VS in Ivalice either.

Attached: image.jpg (612x680, 87K)

FFXII is L I T E R A L Y classic atb with auto attack

99.9% of humanity's stories don't get told for a reason.

>original plan

Irrelevant, only the finished product is canon

Cringe, looks like you need to make another dozen threads

Now, now stop shilling. You know that's not true. You pretty much have to control one party member at a time and the game is all about creating battle algorithms so the game plays itself, you are not going to get far in this game without doing that. Your party needs to control itself while you are controlling another party member, the game is shit.

Finished product doesn't make the connection either. Pull your head out of your headcanon asshole.

>Dude what if we we had no overworld and all travel was handled by a menu or floating teleport crystals
>Dude what if we made a level-up system where all of the characters become literally identical in function
Those are great, though.

web.archive.org/web/20010421182754/http://www.vagrantstory.com/flb/stuff/01.html

VS is not an FFT sequel for the same reason FFT isn't a Tactics Ogre sequel

You're just in denial that everyone thinks this is a trash game but okay. See below, it applies to you.

I agree FFXII gameplay is utter garbage, but to imply it's worse than any other JRPG proves you need to stop playing the genre and start getting basic criteria and standards.
Check out Open Xcom, DivOS1&2, 7'62 High Calibre and ToEE with mods, for a start.

The same reason video game stories and movies are so silly. None of them really deserve to be told.

>You know that's not true.
It is true tho. You can even set the game to wait for you decisions just like in the older FF games the system isn't real time at all.

Removing the need to think makes it worse than most other JRPGs.

So much denial.

Attached: denial.png (1228x836, 606K)

>the same dev team that made Vagrant Story made the game where the main cast wlaks around in silly skimpy outfits

Seriously? I didn't know this and I'm surprised.

>movies are so silly
You need to watch more films before spouting bullshit, ignorant jackass.
And absolutely no human being in history want to read/ play/ watch a normal guy's life, and that's why there isn't even one single masterpiece in any media entirelly about just that.

He said video game movies are bad, learn to read.

>what is fan service

>add easter eggs
>people call it canon
So this is the mattpat generation

>What is denial
>B-b-but the guy who has no say what is canon confirmed years and years later that it really wasn't!!

COPE

Again, you obviously don't know shit what "to think" is because you haven't even played one single RPG in your entire life that made you do it, and in fact FFXII, just by having actual space, requires a bare minimum more thinking than the vast majority of JRPGs.
Stop being an ignorant weeaboo and educate yourself in good gameplay by playing the games I recommended instead of wasting your precious lifetime shitposting about one of the worst genres in existance.

Name one "good" film and I'll laugh in french at how generic it's story is and unworthy of being told to anyone.

Ohh la la, somebody's get gonna laid in college

But he was right, you're literally defending a game that plays itself user.

Attached: wtf.gif (500x266, 908K)

Nigger your post didn't say a damn thing and I'm a different user.

FF12 combat is shit tier, you don't have to think while playing the game 99% of the time.

Moron.

Attached: yrheyrt.jpg (744x276, 44K)

>Removing the need to think
>Need to think
>Final Fantasy
Of course, only a JRPG fan would believe that the exact same “decisions” he was making in previous titles that were easily coded into FF12’s AI were difficult.

Wow, you are illiterate.

Except autobattle gameplay is garbage though. If a game needs automation, it really shouldn't be played. Sure most JRPGs are really simple compared to CRPGs, but this conversation is entirely around TB/ATB vs automated combat, bringing up a bunch of CRPGs really isn't relevant.

Learn to read:
>I agree FFXII gameplay is utter garbage

>VIDEO GAME STORIES AND MOVIES.

Again learn to read retard. He meant movies based on video games.

You have to think more in every other FF even Chocobo's Dungeon. FF12 requires a very small amount of gambits to clear the game with ease.

If CRPGs are such a great genre why are they dead?

We did read.

I seem your nonsensical trash opinion, who cares you're still wrong, a game that plays itself is worse than anything else no matter what mental gymnastics you do.

Wow, you either don't know basic english, or can't acept you were wrong and desperately need to have the last word like a kid. Well, you can have it now, faggot.

You can dress as Lighting in 3rd Birthday. Guess that's canon to the FF universe

Bye fag :)

Attached: lol.gif (480x272, 535K)

You aren't even adding to the discussion, just shilling a bunch of Western games. Amusingly enough, several Western games show that automated combat is a brainlet tier system like Dragon Age Origins and Pillars of Eternity. It's so stupidly easy the second you set up the AI script.

t. retard in full force denial

>Heal, attack, and spam the spell the enemy is weak to.
>This is your mind on Final Fantasy.
At least try to argue against him using something actually difficult like SMT.

negro, just because it has a shakespearian writing, Sakimoto’s traditional orchestral grandeur and Yoshida’s artstyle, it doesn’t mean it’s Vagrant Story.
it has a lot more FFT in it than VS. hell, even Dragon’s Crown has its moments.

I'm giving examples of actual good gameplay to show all JRPGs are garbage, and to claim any FF is better than XII is like saying a dog shit is better than other god shit.
How fucking moronic you all have to be to not understand such basic argument.

>Hurr guys my opinion is so right and easy to follow why can't you see that i am right!?!?!

Doesn't matter what retarded way you try to spin it, a game that plays itself is worse than other games of the same genre. Nobody cares if you don't like JRPGs why even be in this thread if so.

Replying me like a 12 years old surely showed me how wrong I was!

>replying me

What? Learn to type you underage foreigner.

>a game that plays itself
Yes, everyone knows you just have to put the FFXII disk, and NEVER EVER touch your controller. In fact, the game is actually a film!
No matter how hyperbolic the bullshit you cry gets, the gameplay has the same shitty casual dynamic of any other JRPG, closer to a Skinner box than a good game.
And I come to a videogame board to talk about videogames, although the constat offtopic shitposting also brings idiots like you.

Attached: MQm0RK0.jpg (735x541, 35K)

>you have to move your character outside of battle, look at this compelling gameplay

Damn you're a brainlet

Oh shit son a MSpaint comic, you sure showed me huh bucko?

There was no argument, just a 12 year old sperging in response to my argument 2 times prior to my post

Then go make a CRPG thread then? Oh wait, you can't, CRPGs are meme gay and lesbian simulators these days and the only one that isn't is made by a bunch of Russians and is so buggy and unoptimized it's a chore to play.

It's pretty funny how so many people are complaining about the 2nd or 3rd (maybe 4th?) remake of a game that came out 13 years ago, and about how those remakes
buffed the characters
SIGNIFICANTLY debuffed the enemies
increased the number and qualities of Gambits
allowed access to those Gambits far sooner and easier
allowed access to more powerful weapons in greater numbers at earlier times
included a 4x and even an 8x "speed up" function to the combat, allowing what would be an hour-and-a-half of grinding to pass by in barely 10 minutes and your party's level to increase to double whatever the surrounding area's average monster level
altered the leveling system to both simplify the choices to make and reward you more for making those choices
and then letting you do it again
and then letting you reset it while doing it again with zero detriment
etc.

What a bunch of babies that complain about the "difficulty" of a simplified remake of a Final Fantasy game, and that it apparently ruins the experience they had expected from the game. I'm betting you didn't even bother to pay attention to the game you purchased for $59.99+tax on your console device received years ago as a present.

Attached: She misses being a royal and her courting alphas.webm (960x540, 1.4M)

Absolutely nobody mentioned difficulty in this entire thread or the quality of the remasters. Could you please go spaz out somewhere else?

Except none of that fixes the shitty autobattle combat that makes the game play itself. No one is calling the game hard, people are calling it shallow autobattle shit.

Persona 3 fans do the same thing. They say that "the game is too hard for casuals" which makes no sense when the battle system literally plays itself and the MC is so powerful he can solo 3/4 of the game.

>persona 3 mc is op

Only if you decide to grind too much, and spend a lot of time fusing good personas. Stop talking out your ass. You're probably the type of dude to grind for hours and complain every JRPG is easy

>JRPG thread
>"hey guys stop playing JRPGs. Wait, why are you mad at me"
Also defending FF XII just because it's RTwP shit like some of the CRPGs is hilarious because RTwP is probably the shittiest combat system a Western RPG can have.

It’s nothing like Vagrant Story

Again, see
Just like your teen based reply told me. We both learned something valuable today. Oh wait, no, only you would if you actually had a working brain.
My argument was here
and here
Where is yours, faggot?

No wonder Persona 3fags say their game is hard, they aren't even smart enough to understand the mechanics. Imagine a Persona 4fag like me being able to play P3 better than a P3fag.

Protip user, fuse according to your social links and get those links up, bonus EXP allows you to get skills like mad.

Who even says P3 is hard? You're literally just a P4 fanboy projecting from the looks of it. Also why are you explaining basic game mechanics that in no way result in being OP unless you leveled up too much? Thanks for confirming that you're a grinding casual.

Imagine being so desperate for attention you have to shill your Western games in a thread dedicated to Japanese games. FF XII was a fucking mistake, it brought the RTwP cancer into the fanbase. At least if FF XII was turn-based we'd get the better parts of the CRPG fanbase and not the RTwPfags.

You're a triggered retard arguing with 4 people thinking it's one person because you're so fucking new you don't know how to check for samefag.

>Also why are you explaining basic game mechanics that in no way result in being OP unless you leveled up too much?
Holy shit, you really are retarded then. Literally by the 2nd Block the main character can start carrying the party with a few decent levels in social links, really all you need to start is Magician.

Who do you think you're talking to here?

Attached: retard.png (1076x264, 14K)

>Also defending FF XII just because it's RTwP
No surprise a subhuman who lack the most basic reading comprehension didn't understood my argument after an entire thread with me reapeating it for moronic fanboys who refuse to even try to rebate it, and retort only to the most basic of namecallings and falacies, but I've never even wrote RTwP in any of my posts, delusional fool.

Kek, sure thing Mr. "it's better than the other games because it's real time"

>Holy shit he's making stuff up

Depending on how much you grind you can still be killed in 1 or 2 blows by every boss, once again you're just confirming that you grind too much instead of blasting through the floors, you must be bad at the game.

that's your opinion. It's a comfy system.

Also what difficulty do you even play on you casual?

It's a shame you need to be told even this, but you can reply to more than one person in the same post.
As expected from JRPGs fans.

>you grind too much
>in a game that punishes grinding in a variety of ways on top of having a strict level curve, and mechanics that discourage grinding
Sure, user, sure. I'm beginning to think you don't know the game you yourself are defending.

Grinding in P3 has severely diminishing returns. You get really little EXP really quickly, you make yourself tired often which is only use for for levelling Courage, and you could be using that time to improve social links which can make your fusing way better.

Show me my post in which I said that, clown.

Hard is the most comfy for me, Maniac is a little too irritating at times.

>auto-battle sucks!
>why?
>because it's so shallow, I don't have to think!
>so it's easy?
>NO ONE SAID IT WAS EASY
>so it's not easy?
>OH, IT'S EASY ALRIGHT! But that's not the point!!
>what's the point of saying the auto-battle sucks, then?
>Because all you have to do is set up the gambits to attack nearest foe and that's it!!!!!
>you would do the same by pressing the X button, I hardly see the detriment to allowing a gambit software script to do that for you. you could even...turn gambits off?
>SHITTY AUTOBATTLE IT'S NOT A GOOD COMBAT SYSTEM I WON'T HEAR IT OTHERWISE IT PLAYS ITSELF TOO EASY TOO SHALLOW AHHHH

I guess I'm reading too much into this.

Attached: gang.png (527x486, 241K)

You are thinking into it too much because nothing you're saying is accurate. Seek mental help. People say the game is boring and you do mental gymnastics to hear 'easy'.

It doesn't play itself, you just play it differently. You think the gambits just get set up automatically and can't be changed as and when needed?

People say it's among the best Final Fantasy games ever made.

They really don't. XII and IX are known as the 2 shit final fantasy games. I can remember the backlash for both when they released.

>nothing you're saying is accurate
Do you have anything to back that up? Because to anyone with eyes it looks like you can only claim bullshit to not admit you are wrong.

Not that user.

I say it's among the best Final Fantasy games ever made. Heck, we see threads that praise it on here constantly. It ranks far above more than half of the 15 mainline games already.

I can remember the backlash for every single FF after VII when they released
Of course, using "backlash" as getting a 92 in Metacritic, and being one of the most beloved SE FFs.