What are your thoughts on Tactical RPGs?

What are your thoughts on Tactical RPGs?

Attached: 594b674dc8de0824f3cd83d4953a1e57.jpg (566x800, 102K)

Attached: Tiddies.jpg (600x600, 111K)

Would you consider Divinity Original Sin a tactical RPG? It does have more strategy in it than the average real time with pause shit western devs pull. I haven't tried tactical JRPGs, what's the best one?

Not enough of them exist.

Attached: HLA 2017-06-09 12-38-40-97.jpg (1920x1080, 1.14M)

D:OS can be considered a tactical RPG, yes.
It doesn't have "strategy" exactly because it's "tactical".
"Tactical JRPGs" isn't a proper term. They're called SRPGs. But S doesn't stand for Strategy, actually. It's "Simulation RPGs" in Engrish.

I think tactical JRPG makes sense, just as you have Action JRPGs (Dark Souls)

I like them but I'm awful at them. TRPG thread?
>Is Ogre Battle 64 worth playing or should I just skip to Tactics Ogre?
>Is Natural Doctrine actually good?
>What's the one TRPG you could keep playing forever?

Fire Emblem. Avoid Awakening and the games after it.

Final Fantasy Tactics.

I could list more but stick to those for now.

>Avoid Awakening
>Avoid Echoes

Based retarded newfag Emblemers. Steering people down the wrong road but by golly you sure are trying to seem knowledgeable.

>avoid the games after it
>Avoid Chadquest
???

The genre is in a pitiful state. The last passable TRPG was Xenonauts, the last good one was Silent Storm over one and half decades ago.

What we have now is RPG with tactical elements and tablet tactics with RPG elements (nuXCOM, Shadowrun Returns).

I think they should allow you to romance the big bad

Attached: 768857a03a9f2c626845eeb381abc453.jpg (1000x682, 715K)

Wow! Antichrist looks like THAT?!

Love them, with FFT being my absolute favorite

I know it's hard to stop jerking off to Tharja or Camilla for the umpteenth time and never get to experience actually good games because of it, but I strongly urge you to play FE 1-12. Because by then, you will get your tastes refined so much so that you'll come back to this moment and say Im right.

Needs more tactics. Characters can play a guard for other characters, but this strategy is next to useless against magic users.

I dont remember chess pieces firing tundgaga 8 squares away and not moving.

>head wings

Why do they add this? It's the dumbest.

The head is pretty fucking heavy. The neck can only hold so much. I'd imagine head wings would help with the lift at fast speeds.

>Implying I'm into waifushit
>Implying I'm not into Conquest for the great gameplay of innovations like attack stance and the great map design.

So the head could fly when it detaches.

Attached: mmZD12M.jpg (400x200, 14K)

I like them a lot.

Attached: 1351548379739.gif (480x266, 840K)

Do I need to play the other Sting games or can I just play Yggdra Union?

This game was very brutal for me to get through.

Attached: 1499872439887.png (720x480, 544K)

You don't really need to play the other games to enjoy it. Also the rest of the Dept Heaven games are different genres, so you might not like them even if you enjoyed Yggdra Union.

Just keep in mind that the PSP version has better graphics, music quality and it's fully dubbed in comparison the the GBA version, but I've heard they made it easier too. Don't know if this is true, but I got completely stuck twice in the GBA version and never even managed to beat it, while I cleared most of the quests from the PSP one on my first try.

There's Gungnir on the PSP too but I haven't played it yet so I can't really comment on it.

Attached: 1382399277734.jpg (800x585, 83K)

The only thing you need to know about the other games is that Serene is best girl.

Why didn't Ramza just fuck her?

Dying breed

Attached: robot reimu.jpg (1130x1599, 346K)

because it was his sister's body

Attached: 1515366066497.jpg (296x201, 7K)

Is there where can I find english version of her first and second games?

Square please make another tactics man I need it.

Attached: 1518347619030.png (320x320, 90K)

SRW is all I need

Attached: 1545430313169.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

Here's your new tactic rpg bro

Attached: 1541828634176.png (1304x706, 528K)

There's LITERALLY a new Sakura Wars in development though. And the Yakuza dev called it "surprisingly high quality"

What's the best one on switch?

Valkyria chronicles 4

I thought that was a shitty MGS reskin

He's retarded don't bother.

Based. Fates remains the worst in the series. Echoes and Awakening are shit too.

why is the genre so dead

To be honest, the gameplay is just not very fun.
The feel of a tactical battle gets lost in the micromanging your every unit on the map.

That's the joke retards

>Jap reviews
Hahahah you can't be serious right? They give 1 star reviews if their fucking waifu isn't in a game, japs are retards

Ok but Left Alive is still a huge piece of shit

the question

Attached: rose.jpg (342x292, 43K)