and with that, the final summit spot.

What are your thoughts?

Attached: asd43.jpg (995x1118, 268K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3bFDFXJ-Vhc?t=934
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

play melee

wtf I love esam now

ESAM's a bro. This post-interview is so pure.

Esam is pretty chad, not onions like Yea Forums says

Probably all from butthurt Leffen and Salem fags

Based fucking Toradora

Attached: tayguh.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>Yea Forums loves the bald fag with a fidget spinner
I'm not surprised.

MANGO NATION

FOX MCCLOUD

Attached: 1548554797009.webm (720x1280, 2.99M)

Alolan ZeRo will comfort him

So he does pills right?

he lost the tiebreaker to zackray at genesis anyway, it's nice that he got in

Esam is actually pretty cool. I'll be cheering for him from here on out.

PPMD

>Giveaway for Metroid Prime 4
This should be illegal.

>commentators are so awful they just let the players interview themselves
improvement

Attached: 1551682174183.png (376x367, 54K)

ESAM is a fucking attention whore. He looks like a soijak and is cringe as fuck.

I like the way he plays though and that’s all that matters so he’s okay in my book.

The fuck happened to Tweek?

>esam is canadian
this dude just radiates positivity

RAAAASHIIIIIIIDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

t. esam

>esam and light were better on the mic than the actual commentators

RA

RASHIDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>hating someone because of the way they look
stop projecting user, I know you and a lot of others here associate with him constantly failing too, but shitting on someone's looks when you yourself probably look like fucking bubble bass is pretty hypocritical.

>metroid prime 4 giveaway
Excuse me?

Attached: 234432.gif (220x158, 105K)

A dead cat would make for a better commentator.

Rate the tourney
Rate the commentary

>attention whore
i think he just has an outgoing personality. you're too much of an introverted faggot that thinks that everyone is cringe lmao.

ESAM seems like such a good dude. Shame he mentally collapses in the moments he needs to close out. Hopefully he can get over that in the future, but usually people like that are never really able to move past it.

RASHIDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The nigger thought too much of himself, either that or he just didn't care too much for the tournament

>hating on someone for using a fidget spinner is the same as hating on someone for how they look?
Are you retarded

EXPOSED

>esam in charge of winning
He’ll always choke. Reminds me of void but void can stop himself from sd’ing on a last important stock. Esam cucks himself

8/10
literal 0/10 worse than nothing

Tourney was 10/10
Commentary was passable/10. Didn't really notice too many of the negatives because I was too busy shitposting on Yea Forums

Everyone prepares for Tweek, Tweek prepares for nothing. If you want to consistently be the best, you need to be way better than everyone else.

You already know that everyone will just say 10/10 and 0/10

Attached: 1530053978607.jpg (479x435, 49K)

why are the two biggest rat mains such tremendous chokers?

7/10 pretty good for a small tourney
4/10 just fucking get Coney on a phone to commentate

is he gay tho?

cuz i kinda wanna fuck him hes kinda hot

>the future
>has been playing since brawl
Naw

Any news about him?

10/10 tourney full of STORY LINE, 0/10 commentary.

Congratulations to MKLeo for winning the Smash Ultimate Summit

>the guy that Yea Forums antagonizes is the charismatic guy largely respected in his community and loved by his competitors
fitting

9/10 Best top 8 I've watched for Ult so far
2/10

ESAM? He has a 9/10 fiance.

bubble bass is based though

Seems to be a trend to where if he wins a tournament he won't practice enough for the next tournament, then he gets disappointed for losing and practices enough to destroy every person at the next-next tournament.

0/10 tourney
10/10 commentary

According to his tweet in January he should start getting out and playing this month

Sincere question. How would you get started in melee in this day and age? Download Dolphin and 20XX, grind online until you can hold your own at locals?

is this fiance male?

>9/10 fiance
bruh she looks like a tranny desu

ESAM dicksuckers are insufferable. Go floss in front of highway traffic, you dolts.

Black and fat too.

go to a local
get bopped
play 4 hours of friendlies with the next shittiest guys there
look stuff up, practice solo a bit maybe, play with a friend
come back the next week and maybe beat somebody

9/10 tourney
4/10 commentary
9/10 Zfly (he's seriously the best commentator in the socal region and needs to be doing a lot more top 8 casting)

t. salemfag

how did he hurt you so bad? i took the bait

>9/10
Have you ever seen a women naked before ever? I mean she looks ok but that’s really ducking pushing it

esam may not have won any majors

but at least he won the items tournament at frostbite

Attached: 1531523228796.webm (852x480, 2.84M)

It would have annoyed me if he won but he didn't, because he's a choker.

Umm? It's more like you meleefags. You guys seethed hard when Esam got into Melee summit.

Has he been choking since brawl?

Oh fug, I have no idea how feasibly I could do that. I figure the God's are fading so maybe I see how viable casual competitive melee is.

arguably best way:
somehow find someone that can get you into their scene and they teach you

kinda hard nowa days but we bring in s4ash refugees the last couple years

now that ultimate is out tho everyone just plays ultimate and i go to normie parties and hustle college kids to fuckin full grown adults with kids for cash money

>oh wow i like smash haha nice

>wow looks like people are taking breaks, wanna do a 1v1? make it spicy heres $20 on the table hehe

>pick EXPAND DONG

>best taunts imo

>can do the taunts in person too

>make 80 bucks before i get kicked out

doesn't happen often, but maybe 3 or 4 times a year ill do this at house parties, random lans, or like tabletop and anime conventions with 'gaming' sections

ill also fuck some kids up on guitar hero / rockband

Almost. You're probably going to have to grind tech skill in vanilla melee first for a while and then grind netplay. This is especially for if you're coming from another smash, because melee is a whole different beast when it comes to controls and your muscle memory is going to get in your way really badly. Also you probably need to practice on a CRT very often because it will almost always feel different than on Emu.

Yes. He has been a serial choker throughout his entire Smash career.

dude played out of his mind but he did sd. i do hope he wins a major, he's a very likeable guy but you faggots hate anything remotely fun

>screw attack gives you a 0 to death 3 button combo
Lmfao

Yes if I think someone who uses a fidget spinner is a faggot its because I like Salem

so was Stroder the MVP of this tournament?

you have the right idea in your post basically. That's what i did at least. I've been playing for about two years now and I would only consider myself okay at the game. By far the most important thing to practice is movement, including things like wavedash out of shield and shield drops and ledge dashes.

you can do it. just show up and get bopped. it's fun even then.
melee will stick around at the local level for years. even PM is still around. melee isn't about to disappear.

Attached: just-jpg--cropped-image1439973428-png.jpg (300x400, 14K)

Download UnclePunch Training Mode and 20XX to practice up your tech skill. Play a lot of friendlies at locals or netplay and struggle to incorporate that tech skill intelligently into your neutral game. Play and practice a lot until movement and tech comes naturally for you.

Idk but if he hasn’t gotten over choking at this point it might be over for him. Esams a great player but he just does way to ducking much when it matters. It’s like he just can’t stop taking chances

>downloading UnclePunch before going to your first tournament
zoomers i swear

Would you say Esam is a good bro?

Attached: 32249190160-offset-28094.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

>Esams a great player but he just does way to ducking much when it matters.
>ducking
Are Esam's fans legitimate children or mobilefags? Or both?

What the fuck is wrong with him?

Attached: AT-cm_382073988.webm (1600x900, 1.18M)

I’m not a fan of his. He’s annoying. Good for him for having fun but he’ll never win anything that matters

Could it work if I play melee on my wii in a regular led tv?

absolutely nothing. reminder he's outside and you're inside absolutely SEETHING hahahahahaaha

He got hit by pika's thunder

I played melee a long time ago, and I pretty much stomped all of my friends at my local school. However that was 10+ years ago and none of it was at this level so I've basically never played the game that modern comp Melee is and would basically be starting over.

Get off of Yea Forums, esam

Missed this. Are there any specific parts of the VOD I should watch?

It won't be very good for you at all. Although it isn't hard to acquire a CRT these days if you try electronics recycling places, craigslist style markets, your uncle or whoever. Finding someone in your local scene who can hook you up is a great idea too, as melee players will often have several CRTs they may be willing to spare.

moar of this cutie pls

sorry that you're irrelevant and have the need to validate your opinions in an anonymous board lol

You'll be a lot better starting off in melee then, but it will still be quite hard so you should definitely practice all the fundamental tech (wavedashing, l-canceling, shield dropping). Also try to stick to one top tier until you learn to consistently do their tech.

Is esam going to summit? That pikachu was hype as fuck and it'd be a shame if he didn't get in.

Fuck, I thought it would be ok because every now and then I go to a friends house where he only has a small CRT in his room to watch tv and shit, I bring my wii with my melee (both original) and we play for a while and I haven't noticed any important changes between playing in his tv or mine (my led is regular sized)

Nah he's too shit

>no Rashid theme in Smash Ultimate

Attached: 1537226509031.png (761x389, 241K)

youtu.be/3bFDFXJ-Vhc?t=934

Yes.

Salem deserved it over Leffen
dont @ me

Was about to post this.

Attached: 1540273037674.jpg (256x256, 13K)

>no Pichu
>no Peach
>no Lucina
>no Ike
>no Inkling
>no Olimar
wtf bros, I thought this was the ultimate meta

Pikachu: Busted!

Attached: 1548884827475.png (1209x683, 660K)

he's doing the fortnite dance and is purposefully looking retarded because it's retarded

lmao

jesus Brawl is fucking painful to watch

>putting brawl in my early pound
Disgusting to be quite honest with you familia, I almost entirely forgot it was there

Where's the vod, did they upload the matches to youtube?

brawl will always be the worst but melee from that era was a lot slower too

The differences will become significant when you learn all the tech and start to really play the game. Melee's a lot of fun when you really get into it so I hope you find yourself a good CRT or get a solid Dolphin setup and try it out. It's definitely worth the $30 or so a CRT costs.

As a bonus, it's also the best way to experience Silent Hill 2 if you have PS2 lying around, just to give extra incentive.

Thanks for the advice

Haha oh wow his choke was literally an echo in time. It's like he has jobbed across all and space.

Attached: 1542385551193.png (852x1256, 55K)

Holy shit Leffen choked so hard

top melee players will never be relevant in the ultimate scene.

esoym

Attached: esam.png (543x274, 302K)

she cute

Can't believe Tweek jobbed

impossible to be consistent in Ult

Leo disagrees and will Nair his way to any finals.

What a retarded take

light and leo exist also tweek has only been outside top 8 once, and even then he was in 9th

That makes no sense. Almost all of the players that usually make Top 8 do.

Little disingenuous to claim this as a great top 8 victory when the tournament was so small. Leffen fucking bombed and even he got 9th.

this tournament had small entry numbers but it also had plenty of top talent and if you disagree then youre probably not well informed on the smash scene, also leffen didnt bomb he performed exactly how an informed person wouldve expected, also 9th at this event and 9th at the 3rd largest smash tournament of all time arent comparable

Right now it’s pretty hard but the game hasn’t been out for long. A couple more months and people will have learned all relevant matchups and we’ll start seeing more consistency in top 4, assuming Nintendo doesn’t fuck everything over with a big balance patch.

Or maybe it is Tweek who lacks consistency.

Leffen did well to get as far as he did, though.

this tournament was stacked what the fuck are you talking about?

Too bad Leffen vs Salem didn't happened. I was ready for all the assrage that would have developed from that.

Leffen was seeded 51st for Genesis, he was seeded 8th for this tournament.

Leffen's a bitch who hides between Twitter

>seeding
he was seeded 51st and got 17th, therefore he was underseeded before and they bumped up his seeding now. if you dont understand what projected results actually mean and how they work then dont talk about the competitive scene like youre in the know.

It kinda sucks that ZD blocked Tweek from Summit, but at the same time I'm glad he shut up all the people saying he didn't deserve to go

Light and Leo are the most consistent but even that's not the degree of consistency I'm talking about, I'm talking about something like Melee where there's either a single guy or a solid stable of guys who just do not lose to people outside of that tier. or when they do it's a news story like when Armada dropped a set to fuckin silentspectre. this was true of every period in melee's history, it's true of every low variance fighting game. it's easier to notice in its absence in games like SFV where literal who's can beat top players but it's still a problem in Ult despite not being as bad. with punishes so big and uninteractive, with controls so forgiving and accommodating, and with neutral boiled down to such simplicity, there just aren't a lot of avenues in which to outplay your opponent. it's relatively easy for a worse player to get lucky and beat a stronger player in Ult.

I don't buy the explanation that the meta is too young for a top player to emerge. zero streaked for the entire first year of 4

>assuming Nintendo doesn’t fuck everything over with a big balance patch.
but they will which exacerbates the problem

Kind of a shame but the storyline would be perfect if it happened at Evo.

seems nitpicky to me, theres a clear upper echelon in ultimate and whether or not leo drops a set to some hometown hero i havent heard of wont change the fact that hes been in top 4 of everything hes attended so far

all I'm saying is: when says "can't believe Tweek jobbed", I can believe it

Would be kino but this is never going to be anywhere near top 8 at this rate

then you havent been keeping up with tweek for very long, say hello to what tweek has been doing since 2016, dominating tournaments until the slightest playstyle counter throws him off so much he starts playing well below his usual level

do people actually want this? for the meta to reach it's breaking point and stay the same?

a good meta always evolves

>a good meta always evolves
define "evolves" for us, then tell us why it's good

nobody wants to see the same puff timeout his opponent every grand finals, having him be beaten and eventually supplanted makes for a great progression in the meta

I think your example is confounded by the fact that Puff timeouts are boring per se. is your definition of an evolving meta a meta with no clearly defined #1 player? or a meta that does have a definite #1, but he doesn't stay on top for very long? if so how long is too long? is it better if a different guy wins every major?

an evolving meta means people rise and fall in relative skill level and to stay on top takes stark dedication, as opposed to being a puff player that barely practices and yet wins everything. this is why shine and optic arena were such kino last year, the flaws in the #1 are exposed and a path to capitalize on them are shone, rather than the #1 simple being unbeatable no matter what is thrown at him

I gotta ask why you keep bringing up Puff as if that's the only alternative

thats the current example, the one people would understand. puff seems unbeatable so people form and perfect methods to beat puff, then puff is beaten and theres a new character/player on top. thats what makes an evolving meta interesting, its like putting together pieces of a puzzle

It’s either that or Fox.

Obviously Hbox is a good example of what can happen if someone is too consistent. I don’t know if players projected to win the tournament choking before top 8 is that great of an alternative though. If upsets are the norm they’re no longer upsets.